Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E24: Double Eviction

• Start Topic

Tonight is the 1st double eviction night of the summer where the house will play an entire week of Big Brother in just one night.

Cody is right- these people are lunatics! When Cody looks like a prince, the comparables must be pretty crappy. 

I am bummed that Mark didn't win HOH. He would have shook things up, changed course from the Paul-driven agenda. Maybe next week!

Jason is a useless HOH.  Look at Paul pull his strings! Lol-it is kind of amusing. Jason has a lot to say at the nomination ceremony, but this is what Paul wants, right? So disappointing!

Happy Mark won POV!  He did look desperate and confused when the buzzer didn't go off. Haha! All is well that ends  well. 

It was good that Elena took the 5,000. She would have been quickly out of the house one way or another, and at least she got something extra out of the show.  Boo-hoo Alex!!! lololololol!

Elena sounded somewhat reasonable during her exit interview.  She is right that the house isn't the best place to foster a relationship. I wonder about Cody and Jess's chances after the Big Brother hoopla is over. 

Ok, hopefully something exciting and unexpected happens next.  

• Love 16

I remember seasons past when the hamsters got dressed up for the live episode.  These people, not so much.  Alex looked like she was in her underwear.

I'll miss Cody.  I hate everybody on this show.  Everybody!

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, rockibirdi said:

I wonder about Cody and Jess's chances after the Big Brother hoopla is over. 

He said he totally was going to marry her... *shocked look*

Well another BIG double I say DOUBLE eviction has come and gone!! And AGAIN it shook the house TO THE CORE!! Only not so much. It never does.

Kinda a meh episode really.

• Love 12

I am pretty disappointed by the format of this HoH. An HoH that favors those in power when production's pet is part of said group in power on DE night? Shocking. The house is already stacked against the targets. We don't need the competitions further stacked against them.

This is starting to remind me of Derrick's season. Of course, Derrick wasn't a returnee, but he was playing with sheeple.

• Love 14

Jesus H these people.  As if being the largest herd of sheeple in the history wasn't bad enough, we get these overwrought speeches.  Clearly the panties hat came with the Extreme-Eye-Tard ((C) Matt) weren't big boy panties since Jason damn near pissed his pants nominating Mark.   The only way I'd hang out with someone from that house after being freed from it  is if I was in there long enough to get Stockholm Syndrome.  

So what as the point of the divider to prevent seeing the other lane?   So one player couldn't see the other cheating by starting an arm's length down the lane?  But I guess it wasn't cheating since there appeared to be no starting line.  Which, the hell?   All those "by a hair" wins wouldn't have been if there was a fixed starting line.

So the big secret for the special Friday show was....Derek?  Unless he's coming to pistol whip Paul for stealing his schtick, not interested.   

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 11

Cody's DR were great.  

Josh is still annoying as hell.

Elena found the brown acid, again.  wtf?

Nailed 'em Cody.  Not that anything will penetrate their thick skulls.

DoorMatt and his stupid bleeping cereal.  Is this a thing? Who cares!

Eat shit and die Paul with your little strut to vote.  What a vile little troll.

"I made it up"  Stir the pot!  Great interview, Cody.

Ugh!  These knock-out competitions almost guarantee the majority will remain in power.

Paul threw it.  Christmas might have too.

Mark and Elena, big surprise.  What a dreadful speech Jason.   So Elena was supposed to take the Veto, backdooring Cody like the hyenas wanted, still remain high on the hit-list, and end up with nothing.  Right, take one for "the team".  Good for her.

Mark wins veto so Elena leaves over DoorMatt.  Yawn.

Elena's not very bright.  Stupid interview.

And we are rewarded for this dreck with Derrick.  Joy.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So the big secret for the special Friday show was....Derek?  Unless he's coming to pistol whip Paul for stealing his schtick, not interested.  

I'd pay to see that. And yes, don't ya think they could have come up with a little better draw for Fridays "special" show than tune in to see Derek again!! Been there done that, had to take no-doz to stay awake for it. I'll pass.

2 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

What the hell was Elena babbling about in that first speech? Good lord.

Speaking of abusing over-the-counter remedies what the hell was she on?? I started fast-forwarding her first speech and watching her lips at sped-up speeds? I wouldn't suggest it! Great dental shout out in her second one though? *bewildered*

2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Every one of Christmas' nearly flew off the end (which is I think what she was trying to do but kept winning instead) and then in the "final" hers went like half way. She totally threw it.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, rockibirdi said:

Cody is right- these people are lunatics! When Cody looks like a prince, the comparables must be pretty crappy. 

I am bummed that Mark didn't win HOH. He would have shook things up, changed course from the Paul-driven agenda. Maybe next week!

Jason is a useless HOH.  Look at Paul pull his strings! Lol-it is kind of amusing. Jason has a lot to say at the nomination ceremony, but this is what Paul wants, right? So disappointing!

Happy Mark won POV!  He did look desperate and confused when the buzzer didn't go off. Haha! All is well that ends  well. 

It was good that Elena took the 5,000. She would have been quickly out of the house one way or another, and at least she got something extra out of the show.  Boo-hoo Alex!!! lololololol!

Elena sounded somewhat reasonable during her exit interview.  She is right that the house isn't the best place to foster a relationship. I wonder about Cody and Jess's chances after the Big Brother hoopla is over

Ok, hopefully something exciting and unexpected happens next.  

I don't know if their circumstantial, geographic, and cultural differences will be surmountable because their lives are very superficially disparate. But I really hope they make it. They're both very flawed and and even unlikeable people at times but I thought their relationship was much more genuine and deeper than even the showmances from past seasons that have culminated in marriage. Jess's willfulness is a great match for Cody and IMO it's a positive sign that they managed to reach the degree of earnestness with each other that they did in spite of what telegraphed to me like neuroatypical indicators on Cody's part.

I also wonder if the authenticity of their support for each other is why Raven, Alex, and Xmas are so fixated on the premise that Jess "won't even know your name, dude" by the finale.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Kevin definitely threw it. I suspect he throws all the comps he is in.

Mark is smarter than he lets on. He smoked everyone in those puzzles. 

Josh is such an asshole bully. The way he sang "bye bye" to Mark and Elena after the HoH just made me hate him even more. The problem is, he will be taken to the end so he'll never know how it feels to be vulnerable. 

I love how Cody just bounded out of the house and the tools couldn't run to the door on time to peak out.

• Love 14

Oooohhh the survivor of the first eviction of the night went home! I'm shocked I tell you shocked!

Right. Sorry Julie you can try and gin up all the suspense you want but it was a forgone conclusion. Even if Mark hadn't won POV she would surley have left.

Jason these people aren't going to want to hang with you after it's over...your a big ol' Texas sized tool.

Paul: Congratulations on suriving Double Eviction.! Please....no one in that room was in any jepordy but Mark.

Mark: I'll see you soon. No truer words were ever spoken.

Loved Cody's exit over the table and not saying good bye. It' s so refreshing to find someone that isn't going to pretend all will be peaches and cream after the game.

Love him or hate him Cody was simply the BEST casting find of  the season. He made the summer up to this point with his honesty and not drinking Paul's Koolaid from the very first night. Cody and  Jess either need an ALL STARS appearance or THE AMAZING RACE...I wouldn't let go of them CBS.

Derrick UGH!! I HATE Derrick for ruining and entire season. He was like Paul having a stranglehold on the game that year but unlike Paul he didn't bring even the remotest bit of personality or entertainment...he was super boring as he soldiered along to his enevitable win. Why does he have to come back. He was tolerable on the OJ SIMPSON  special he hosted though.

The only thing fun to look forward to now is after Mark is dispensed with is seeing how Paul will RETCON Matt and Raven into being super-genious evil masterminds who were controlling they game all along and THEY MUST GO!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, MKL122788 said:

I am pretty disappointed by the format of this HoH. An HoH that favors those in power when production's pet is part of said group in power on DE night? Shocking. The house is already stacked against the targets. We don't need the competitions further stacked against them.

Yup. Mark & Elena had no chance. More riggage for Paul.

• Love 11

This is too boring!  Ms Grodner better start looking for a new job because this season has got to be the least interesting I've ever seen.  I can't even get interested enough in these people to even hate them.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

This is too boring!  Ms Grodner better start looking for a new job because this season has got to be the least interesting I've ever seen.  I can't even get interested enough in these people to even hate them.  

Didn't you see the Derrick season? Hands down the most boring BB season ever. It was almost like one of CBS's police procedurals....it was so by rote that it wasn't funny and Derrick was calling every shot and not once did any of his sheeple put him on the block.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

I don't know if their circumstantial, geographic, and cultural differences will be surmountable because their lives are very superficially disparate. But I really hope they make it. They're both very flawed and and even unlikeable people at times but I thought their relationship was much more genuine and deeper than even the showmances from past seasons that have culminated in marriage. Jess's willfulness is a great match for Cody and IMO it's a positive sign that they managed to reach the degree of earnestness with each other that they did in spite of what telegraphed to me like neuroatypical indicators on Cody's part.

I also wonder if the authenticity of their support for each other is why Raven, Alex, and Xmas are so fixated on the premise that Jess "won't even know your name, dude" by the finale.  

Yes- excellent comment.  Jess and Cody did appear to have a real connection, and maybe they'll develop a  relationship that's positive for both of them. It would be nice if something good came out of this mess.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Everyone deliberately not picking Paul in comp then Krampus throwing it at the end, shameless. 

Q: My favorite part of the HoH comp?

A: Kwanzaa trying to throw it to Paul, and failing - spectacularly. 

Christmas tried like hell to bust that shuffleboard disc so hard off the board it would be a hazard to low-flying aircraft on approach into Burbank - and did you hear the "WHAA...!!!!" of shock when the disc didn't drop?  That was Christmas.  The voice was female, and only Christmas and Jason were on that side of the divider to see the shot. 

"PISSED!!!" much, Paul...?  :D

17 minutes ago, rockibirdi said:

Yes- excellent comment.  Jess and Cody did appear to have a real connection, and maybe they'll develop a  relationship that's positive for both of them. It would be nice if something good came out of this mess.

And you never know; sometimes, opposites do attract.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Best exit I can remember  :)

Only Cornbread's "Fuck y'all!" from OTT can top it.

Double eviction episodes are almost always boring, boring, boring and more boring, since "the House" has it all planned out in advance.  This one was even more so, without even a hope of strategizing.  Even Mark is so scared of Paul that he didn't put him up in the HoH knockout rounds.

For those keeping count, the Tangrams Veto means it's now four comps from OTT that have made into this season.  (CandyCrush HoH, Sword HoH, and "Scary House" being the others.)  I guess Heath Luman (comps producer) has checked out for the year, too, huh?  Can't blame yah, Heath.  Go hit the beach, it's got to be better than this shit.  (Has there been an original comp this year?  Can't think of one.)

Remember, Christmas is only in this house because Elena rallied the votes to save her in Week 1.  Naturally the bitch can't even throw Elena a sympathy vote on the way out.

Thank god for the "skip 30 seconds ahead" feature.  I think I burned through this one in about 10 minutes.  Which was probably 9 minutes too long.

Clip show tomorrow?  With all the scenes they had to leave out because the regular episodes have been so exciting, is that it?  Man, I wouldn't want to be the producer who has to try and polish that pile…

ETA:  I suppose the good news is that Cody and Elena will now get to spend a peaceful week together in Jury, far away from all those assholes in the House.  In fact, given that there's absolutely zero chance a non-detestable player (i.e. Mark) will get anywhere near the end, I suppose I'm now "rooting" for a Paul/Josh/Raven F3, just so none of them infest Jury and ruin Cody, Elena, and Mark's peace.

So here's how I would hope the next evictions go:

• Kevin, because he'll be pleasant enough in the Jury House

• Matt, because without Raven he'll just eat cereal and wear his one shirt

• Mark, because we're now out of inoffensive possibilities and his comp streak (which is the only way he'd last this long) is bound to run out

• Christmas, because she's awful, but Jason's just as bad.  And there's a small chance she'll shut up and play nice.

• Jason, because Alex will be fucking insufferable with the screaming ,and "DUDE! I could have WON!" probably 24/7, if not more often.

• Alex, since at least it wouldn't be too long until the finale, and maybe Production will take mercy and give the other ex-hamsters earplugs.

Then, hopefully, Josh wins the final HoH and has the sense to evict Paul and win the $500K over Dying Swan Raven, but I don't really believe that.  Just give Cody a few weeks' peace, that's all I'm asking.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 6

I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too old for BB. I've watched since BB2 and just don't think the show is the same anymore and not half as good.

Noone really cares about winning anymore, more about getting exposure for their "careers" such as "social media mogul"(Frankenturd), "VIP Concierge", "Fitness Superstar( Chanukah).

The last season I half assed cared was the racist season, and only because I didn't want Gina to win. 

I will definitely be busy doing something more fun than watching Derrik the Shepherd tomorrow night..maybe pulling hair from my bathroom drains or cleaning the grout. That season sent me...reminds me so much of this season. Derrik actually beat out Nurse Maggie for me as most boring and forgettable winner of BB.

Codys exit tonight was perfect and i seriously thought Mark was going to save Elena with that veto rather than have to spend another second in the house with those idiots.

BTW- Thanks Jason. You were actually the only one besides Kevin and Mark that I didn't actively hate, but you have joined the other side now. Take a seat, WhistleNut... you're an idiot too.

Alex all bitchy about the money...sure, I guess they are all so used to giving the game and their HoHs away to ringmaster Paul, that she expected as his second in command, Elena should happily hand her 5K too. And she ain't the only one who can be petty...someone needs to tell her that girls with spare tires should wear pants and tops on live shows.

Shut up, Matt- you sound disabled.

Go away Raven - after Mark, it's gonna be you and i wish i could watch you log onto the net the first time when season is over. 

Xmas...honey...sweetie... mean girl isn't cute at your age at all and shows serious insecurity. Go take your pills.

Paul- FOAD already.

MWB out!

• Love 15

The show changed the exit interview location on stage for the second eviction.  I liked seeing the background of the house doors centered between Julie and Elena.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Didn't you see the Derrick season? Hands down the most boring BB season ever. It was almost like one of CBS's police procedurals....it was so by rote that it wasn't funny and Derrick was calling every shot and not once did any of his sheeple put him on the block.

And yet, I'd say that even that season had more momentum shifts than this one.  There was that first Nicole/Donny HoH, where it looked as though Nicole and Hayden had convinced Derrick/Cody to let Zach go and forge a four-person alliance with them.  (Horribly named; I'm actually repressing it.) And then it spun back when Caleb, imposing his decisions on an alliance he didn't realize he'd been cut out of by pure force of will, talked Derrick into keeping Zach "as a number" and instead Jocasta and Hayden went in the double-eviction.  

And then there was the Nicole/Christine HoH, where Nic was successfully able to convince Caleb that Frankie had betrayed him, leading to one of the great human drama moments with Caleb refusing to participate in the rope-pull Battle of the Block.   Again, the week flamed out horribly, with Caleb/Frankie re-bonding on the NFL reward and Christine (completely unsurprisingly) turning on Nicole and backdooring her out of the house, but at least there was a ripple of change spotted for a moment.

And that season was mercifully free of this year's bullying. Although the "let's rape Victoria, take all three of her virginities!" "joke" was vile on a level we haven't yet reached this season.  (Mind you, there's still time…) 

But I was neither quite so repulsed nor so bored that year as I am this one.  JMO.

(And thank god for S17 and my precious Twinsies.  After 15-16, I needed a good one.)

2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm all about pratfalls so I'm a little sad that table didn't buckle under Cody's weight.

Would have been fun, but I preferred what we got.  Only problem was that the rest of the HGs recovered from their shock at Cody's quick departure soon enough to rush after and get their precious glimpse at the outside world (that's why HGs crowd the door when one leaves; they don't care about the evictee, they just want to see the studio audience), because Cody didn't realize he should slam the exterior door shut and it closes too slowly on its own.  He nearly gave those fuckwads what they deserve but instead they got their little "ooh, look, new people!" moment, after all.

If I was ever in the house, got evicted, and hated all the remaining hamsters, I would go to the second set of doors and just open them the slightest of cracks, toss my bag through and then slide after it sideways, making sure that the shitbags inside got absolutely NOTHING from me, in terms of exterior view time.  And the last bit they'd see of me was my trailing hand, with a middle finger extended back at them.  (Yes, I am that petty and childish.  And yes, I have thought way too much about this.)

3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I remember seasons past when the hamsters got dressed up for the live episode.  These people, not so much.  Alex looked like she was in her underwear.

Yep.  Girl wants attention, baaaad.  It must burn her up that absolutely none of the guys are giving it to her.

• Love 14

Best.  Exit.  Ever.

Except I would rather Cody stayed in to keep agitating and calmly pointing out reality to all the Paulettes.

And?  Paul?  You, better than the rest of your sheep, know that on BB you are on camera all the damn time.  So you're just so complacent that you choose to spend a good portion of your intensely compacted Double Elimination camera time to pick a zit in your tattoo on national TV?  Gross...

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too old for BB. I've watched since BB2 and just don't think the show is the same anymore and not half as good.

I think it's just the show showing it's age, not us... it has definitely morphed into something different from it's "roots". I still blame them taking all the drama out of nominations when they ditch the key wheel for the bluetooth wall. There is no suspense "Hamster One... you are safe." or message sending "you got the last key for a reason!" etc. anymore.

It's a lot of little things like that that have been lost over time for what they think we want, but don't. That includes having Paul back this year for example.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Would have been fun, but I preferred what we got.  Only problem was that the rest of the HGs recovered from their shock at Cody's quick departure soon enough to rush after and get their precious glimpse at the outside world (that's why HGs crowd the door when one leaves; they don't care about the evictee, they just want to see the studio audience), because Cody didn't realize he should slam the exterior door shut and it closes too slowly on its own.  He nearly gave those fuckwads what they deserve but instead they got their little "ooh, look, new people!" moment, after all.

On first blush, that irritated me as well; on second thought, though, I didn't mind it a bit.

Why?

Because the Paulettes got to hear Cody get cheers instead of the boos King Paul was prophesying....  :>

2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think it's just the show showing it's age, not us... it has definitely morphed into something different from it's "roots". I still blame them taking all the drama out of nominations when they ditch the hey wheel for the bluetooth wall. There is no suspense or message sending "you go the last key for a reason!" etc. anymore. It's a lot of little things like that that have been lost over time for what they think we want, but don't. That includes having Paul back this year for example.

That still pisses me off.  Think I posted quite a chunk about that in a fix-the-show thread a while back, actually.

ETA: Found it.

Edited by Nashville
Here linky linky linky....
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Julie: Tune in tomorrow night to see Derrick--

Me: Oh good, I can skip tomorrow night.

Me: oh gawd it's pig face. We don't need to watch tomorrow's episode.

(Mr. Looksee is new to BB, so he doesn't know anything about former players)

• Love 5
7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

If not for s16 we would have never heard the greatest story in BB history.  Baby Victoria being picked up and carried away by a crow!

• Love 2

I don't get all the Cody love and Paul hate. 

Had Cody had half as much personality in the house as he did in his exit interview, he'd still be in the house, and I for one would be rooting for him. Instead he acted like a petulant child, sulking in a corner and boo hoo'ing to his bff how they all suck. It is a "GAME" and part of that game is pretending to like others even when you hate them. I can understand him trying something new and being "authentic" but even he had to know that being so outwardly hostile, obnoxious  and mean to people was not going to get him to the final 2. He didn't have to drink the kool aid, but he didn't have to go to the other extreme either. Even his exit reminded me of a child who's angry they were sent to their room (the walking over the table part).

As for Paul, I could not stand him last season, but he is playing "the game". Why are people blaming him for taking control of the house? The other houseguests are the ones to blame; they are the ones handing him control, all tied up with a pretty pink, or black bow. If Paul goes to the final 2 or wins, he deserves it because he saw his opportunity and he seized it. Something no one else in the house except Cody and Jessica tried to do. Had Cody been less obnoxious, I'd have liked him to stay and cause some excitement by throwing a wrench into Paul's plan without Paul even realizing it.

I truly think when casting for this season, the main objective was to pick people who were dumb as stumps. I will say, I thought Kevin was going to get on my nerves but he's actually become one of my favorites. Anyone else notice Josh has taken to wearing black nail polish on a few fingers like Paul? Josh is so desperate.

• Love 6

I don't think the problem is really Paul or the houseguests, the problem is production putting past players in the house.  The newbies view whoever that is as a huge star and past master of the game, a combination Brad Pitt and Patton who will lead them to victory while they follow in awe.  We've seen it over and over and I can't stand to watch it.  That situation, plus Josh's unbearable ugliness of being, is why I'm only watching eviction night this year.

• Love 7

Salty-ass Elena giving her pre-vote speech "I have nothing to say to any of you but Mom it's time for WhatsHerName to get her teeth cleaned, please make that appointment"...?

Really, nothing to say to Mark whose been your friend (+more?) the entire time?  GTFO.

• Love 12

Yawn, boring ass double eviction. Everything went just as I knew (dreaded) it would. The only bright spots were Cody spilling the faux-tea before he left the house, his stone cold exit, and his hilarious exit interview. "You're going to JURY HOUSE!!!!!" - "cool". You'll finally get some solitude". "No I won't, did you forget you just revealed it's a double eviction night?"

I'll miss ya, Cody. 

Won't really miss Elena who thinks she's so funny and talked to the dude she supposedly liked as if he were her child. Buh-bye. 

I think Mark is the only one left that I can even semi-root for. But he'll be gone next week. Good on him for winning that Veto, though. Who would've thought he'd win a puzzle challenge? 

After he's gone I'll still watch, but I'm not sure why. Every single one of the others gives me heartburn (tm Elena). 

Hey, Matt, how does it feel to have your lips permanently planted to Paul's ass? (I guess better than kissing Raven.)

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Salty-ass Elena giving her pre-vote speech "I have nothing to say to any of you but Mom it's time for WhatsHerName to get her teeth cleaned, please make that appointment"...?

Really, nothing to say to Mark whose been your friend (+more?) the entire time?  GTFO.

This, especially because Mark actually appears to have a heart, and he seemed truly pained that he knew Elena was going home the moment he won Veto.

Cody's exit = standing ovation.  I loved that he strolled right on up and over the furniture in order to avoid those morons.  LOLZ because I'm sure each sheeple had a momentary synapse misfire...do we stay put and ignore Cody as he leaves 'cause he's such a loser?  Or do we rush to the door to catch a glimpse of the outside but not so fast that it looks like we want to hug him goodbye?  Idiots.

Paul - shut up and stop narrating this stupid show just because you've done it ONCE BEFORE.  "Congratulations, you all survived Double Eviction Night!"  Because none of them had just also been there the previous hour.  He is a blatant narcissistic blowhard jerk with a stupid beard and even stupider tattoos.

I hate everyone on this show except Mark.  I will continue to watch because (A) my MLB team stinks right now, and (B) I very much want to see if any of them grow a brain after Mark is gone and they have to turn on each other.

Oh, please, Mark.  Win HOH and nominate Palex.  PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14

I debated whether I was going to watch this last night or not, but I finally decided the very last minute that I couldn't miss the DE. I'm glad I didn't either, because even if the overall results were predictable, there were small moments that made it worthwhile. 

My issue with Paul is that if he was a newbie, I'd have much more respect for him. Because he was protected in the game early on to a significant degree and because he's a vet who seems to think he knows better, plus with houseguest sheep who can't seem to take their head out of his ass to see that they need to get him out for their game, it kind of all annoys me to a significant degree. That, and the targeting this season has been abysmal. That being said, if Paul got to F2, he'd be the winner by default because, besides Cody and Jessica and maybe Alex, nobody has been playing the game. 

Jason looked pained to nominate Mark/Elena, as if he didn't actually want to nominate them, but he did it because of Paul. Matt accepted his role as pawn because he knew who Paul/the House wanted out. 

4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think Mark is the only one left that I can even semi-root for. But he'll be gone next week. Good on him for winning that Veto, though. Who would've thought he'd win a puzzle challenge? 

He's smarter than he looks, that's for sure. Mark has changed my initial opinion of assuming he's just some fratboy douche. He's a sweetheart and I hope he'll be ok for however long he's in the house for. He really lost his two last true allies. All he wanted was to survive in the house and now who does he have in there that'll have his back?

Everything Cody and Mark's veto win was the best part of the DE. Cody may not be the most upstanding guy, but his game interests aligned with mine and I can relate to the antisocial personality.

• Love 12

I'm not sure where to go for absolution, but I am so ashamed of myself for giving Cody even one benefit of a doubt last week and having the thought cross my mind - however quickly - that he might be able to stay in the house and act like anything less than a total jerk.   I find him delusional, ugly-minded and just plain bizarre.  His on-the-table walkout was something my two-year old granddaughter would do...and get scolded for.   I'm so glad he's gone. & hope to never have to see him brushing his teeth, tonguing a spoon, or bragging on himself again. Ever.

I love the campfire punishment & while she hasn't reached Paul's secret-service level of all-in-iosity, I think Alex is doing ok with it.  Obviously Elena had little interest in staying in the house, so I don't blame her for taking the money in exchange for a neon flashing target on her back, but the way she did it left her without even any plausible deniability to defend herself.  I won't miss her. 

Glad Mark won veto & used it on himself.  I understand why Alex is sticking to her final-two with Paul, but I'd much rather see her assemble a new alliance with Mark, Kevin & Jason.  I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out now that all that remain are HG's with some semblance of humanity.

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, rockibirdi said:

Yup. Jason, was just following his messiah, Paul. After he made his speech and sat down, I said - "Such a good boy. You did exactly as was expected of you. Do you want your cookie now?" 

Except there is NO cookie!

10 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Julie: Tune in tomorrow night to see Derrick--

Me: Oh good, I can skip tomorrow night.

Hahaha, I am one of the lone Derrick fans, but even I won't be watching. 

9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Usually I find that our opinion here on PTV is not quite in sync with the rest of America. But, even though there are quite a few Paul and Alex, etc. fans out there, I saw a TON of hate for this season on social media last night. So it can't be just us this time. 

2 hours ago, phlebas said:

I kinda had a TV crush on Xmas. I wish she were either a good player or a good person. Both would be good.

She's a very beautiful woman. Her mean girl attitude ruins it. As a straight woman, I could find Matt pretty hot - if he weren't a total simpering sycophant. 

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

As for Paul, I could not stand him last season, but he is playing "the game". Why are people blaming him for taking control of the house? The other houseguests are the ones to blame; they are the ones handing him control, all tied up with a pretty pink, or black bow.

I mostly agree with this. I was even mostly rooting for Paul from jump because of it. I still think, at this point, he should win. Why not? He's the only one bothering to play. His "barking dogs" are essentially handing him the win. So my desire to see him win isn't as much about actually WANTING him to win, but about those idiots not deserving it. 

But any enjoyment I got out of Paul as a person and a game player (because he IS pretty good) was gone when I realized the lengths he was going to to fuck with Jessica and Cody. I'm not saying that Jody being ostracized from the rest of the house wasn't largely their fault. But to see a grown man encourage a much larger, equally grown, but probably not "all there" man to harass someone, like a weaponized bully, was just no fun for me. That episode where he's demanding his whole crew FOLLOW Jody around the house and aggravate them, for no fucking reason other than to be assholes and ruin their final days in the house, was just gross. His ego is way too large and it's not fun for me to watch anymore. 

• Love 10