Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I felt sorry for Myriam. I can’t believe Patrick thought it was okay to fondle her.  Where I come from that is considered sexual harassment. If that were me, I would go upside his head.

I give zero shits about Myriam when she's the one playing games.  She knows lip licker is into her, yet she strings him along with that friend zone bullshit.  If she does have a boyfriend, and that's debatable, she's an ass for playing them both and she deserves to get her feelings hurt.  You don't have a man fly all the way to Paris to see you and somehow forget to tell him youre already in a relationship.  The boyfriend sounds like she's just a drive by when it's convenient and she's only now starting to realize it.  She feels stupid for being a side piece and well she should.

Edited by tincansailor981
  • Love 18

I dislike Darcey a lot, for all the reasons we have discussed here.  But Jesse was wrong and even Darcey did not deserve such a cruel mind fuck.

Jenny and Abby are both players and use her tears and pout to manipulate their suitors.

I continue to feel very sorry for Karine and I know why she forgave him.  Courtney is just a lost case.   The level of desperation of some of the participants is just overwhelmingly pathetic.

I'm coming to the end of the road with these shows and may soon be dropping it.   I doubt I'll be missed much in this forum but I'm grateful for the insights and the laughs.

• Love 12

I hope that this show is scripted and that Americans are not as stupid and naive as this show portrays them.  Not one of them have any self respect.  Darcy, that guy totally made you look like a fool climbing (hopefully not in your Louboutin's) all that way, dropping to his knee and then pulling the rug out from you by telling you it was NOT an engagement ring - why even do that if not to make her look like an ass?  Larry, you weren't moving fast enough with your proposal so she manufactured drama to make sure that he would give her that assurance and it worked!  Corny, you sat alone in a hot apartment, not knowing if he was actually even at his mother's - he could have been screwing someone else for all she knew. That should have answered any questions about how he feels about her; he was probably assuming she would have had the sense to leave without him actually physically removing her.  I feel bad for Karine that she is so desperate to get out of her situation that she will put up with Paul no matter what- it's on her now. Sean, you are as dumb as a box of rocks, but Abby must have a few sexual tricks that he's not quite ready to relinquish just yet. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Chris was totally inside Family Abby's house!

Right?

Yep. The camera crew wasn’t allowed inside. Producers dragged Sean to the house in hopes of a confrontation. It reminded me of an old school episode of Cheaters.  She was carefully to not move the curtain and took him away from the house to smirk/talk. 

27 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

I dislike Darcey a lot, for all the reasons we have discussed here.  But Jesse was wrong and even Darcey did not deserve such a cruel mind fuck.

I think Jesse changed his mind at the last moment.

• Love 8

Antonio was hoping Courtney would get mad and take off after not hearing from him after they had sex. Courtney needs to get a clue. I know this sounds bad but Jenny was gangster  when she said she doesn't cry for men. I love her now.  Really Jesse a why get on one knew for a friendship? ring that was just wrong. Abby is crazy I know she loves Chris but if she wants to play this  green for sex thing marry Sean she needs to forget about Chris. I don't know why she even mentioned him in the first place.  Sean wouldn't have known a damned thing about Chris.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I hope that this show is scripted and that Americans are not as stupid and naive as this show portrays them

This show features some dismal examples of stupid, desperate humans, and since the show is produced in the US those people are Americans.  I'm pretty sure almost every country has an equal share of prelimbic mutoids, because the undead are all around us.   

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I doubt Antonio went to get money from his mother. He had his little overnight sex bag. He either hooked up with someone or traded sex for cash. 

Oh yeah, I got that vibe too.  I hope Corny doesn't bring a sickly ladypart back to the US with her.  .  .

• Love 8
Just now, RichiesOlderBro said:

I’m not convinced that is Antonio’s apartment.  I bet he really lives with girlfriend and borrowed that apartment from a friend. 

It sure does look like a cheap rental, doesn't it?  

• Love 7
Just now, RichiesOlderBro said:

I’m not convinced that is Antonio’s apartment.  I bet he really lives with girlfriend and borrowed that apartment from a friend. 

It has such a sterile feel — outside of the dumb quote on the wall. It reminds me of an Airbnb. 

• Love 10

Lawd! What a shitshow!  The whole promise ring thing should be enough for Darcey to have a BIG old glass of chardonnay!  I understand  Karine forgiving the creeper, girl's gotta get the freak out of Brazil.

Old ass Sean and old ass  Chris ought to team up and just SHARE... like gentlemen.

Cortney and Larry should get together and have some snacks.

• Love 11

Why was Antonio walking around in his underwear whilst being filmed? Why didn't Courtney just go to a hotel when the AC broke? Why were the two of them just staring at each other when the AC broke, like neither of them had enough brains to leave? These are the questions I have

I am rapidly losing interest in Paul and Sean's stories. It's clear it doesn't matter what assholes these guys are, the women will marry them anyway. 

Speaking of assholes, that was so awful with Darcy and Jessie . But then again,they are fake, so I'm assuming they planned the whole thing. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

An appreciation ring?  Jesse, why didn't you just give Darcy your fraternity pledge pin?

I thought it was kind of cruel, given how much Darcy wants to marry him. Just call it a day and go home, Darcy, geez.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Liamsmom617 said:

What men have possibly cried over Jenny?! I call bullshit there. 

Abby to producer: “Yes, I still love Chris. (Big, not-even-attempted-to-suppress, snarky grin): ...as a friend!”

Jesse and the “promise ring” in the barn/windmill place....please tell me that was scripted! If not, he is  straight-up sadistic to get down on one  knee, proclaim his love for Darcey, and give her a ring....then say, “It’s not an engagement ring.” He knows how deluded Darcey is, still seeking the fairy-tale ending...that was a cruel mind-fuck. 

Oh she has probably contacted a lot of men online because she is looking to get out of the Philippines. The men that look for those "mail order brides" probably would cry a the drop of a hat.  Highly doubt they are mature emotionally stable men. Don't doubt she is telling the truth.

1 hour ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Man.  I feel like I have a complete picture about why Larry hasn't done well with women.  His stubborn lack of understanding that IT ISN'T ABOUT THE FOOD was driving me insane.  But, Jenny capitalized on his total idiocy like the cool, calculating snake she is.  Larry is getting PLAYED.

Darcy and Jesse brought the LOLz tonight.  Jesse straight trolled Darcy with that nonproposal.  Hilarious.  

Ugh, Patrick.  I would have smacked him. Myriam needs, however, to get her shit together re: Patrick b/c it comes off as game playing.  

Cortney and Antonio are so uncomfortable.  So.  They do the sex, and then, he runs away.  LOLOLOL.  He clearly wanted to hit it and send her complain-y ass away.  Cortney seems like a joyless person, but she's put herself in a situation where she's stuck with man who wants nothing to do with her.

Any bets on how quickly Abby ran to Chris after this was filmed?  Like, he was probably waiting 5 feet away from her, right?  The way she said "I'll do it for love" was just gross and such a lie.  Sean is an idiot for falling for her bullshit, but he has eyes and he can see what she is, so if she scams him, it is on his own head. 

Larry honestly doesn't seem smart enough to figure it out. 

• Love 7

Jesse, you can't just expect someone to stop 'drinking' because you ask them to - your way or the highway. It's not going to work. The promise ring or whatever it was - was just dumb. You don't play with someone like that. You be honest. Obviously Darcey has way too many red flags for you, so it's better off to finish off the time you have together and break away.

Cortney, Antonio finally got you in the sack. He doesn't want you and with the A/C being broken, gave you the time to slip away and maybe book a bus to Ibiza and go finish your vacation time in a better place. I thought it was a bit tasteless to have him making breakfast in his undies. Put on a robe or T shirt or something. Surely as a gentleman, he would book a hotel for the both of you for a couple of days. That is IF he wants to spend more time with you. It ain't working.  He is probably counting the days til you go home and he gets his life back. The heat and lack of A/C is making you cranky.

Jenny, most men who have 'cried' over you have done so with joy - they dodged the bullet that is you! You are a professional and you found an easy mark. Yes, it was rude of Larry to not eat the pork, but you could have mentioned the dinner to him and what is expected of him. His behaviour was abysmal, but on some level you know that is not a world traveller, he has never been out of the US, he has few social graces. This is what you have been chatting to on the Cupid site. And you know it. Larry is as he is and is not likely to change. Think long and hard about if a Green Card via him is worth it. And Larry, sweet little Jenny from the Cupid site is not what is in front of you. Pictures and conversations lie. Right now, you are playing him like a fiddle.

Sean, maybe chat with Chris about sharing Abby. Like shared custody and a six month split.

Karine, desperation does as desperate does. You have every right to wonder if Paul will ever do anything to you and your family.

Myriam, stop playing Patrick. Be upfront with him about what *you* want. Take a timeout, stop being his tourguide, and wish him an enjoyable Paris vacation. Go away, talk to your 'boyfriend', take some space for yourself. And probably get away from both. You're having your cake and eating it too.

• Love 13

I'm betting that appreciation ring is CZ. The editing in Holland is weird. In some scenes there's snow on the ground and Jesse has a beard, in other scenes no snow and Jesse is clean shaven and his hair is in a barrette. 

Of course Karine forgives Paul, she's gotta get him to buy her a new cellphone. Filipino Cupid will forgive Larry too, she's got to get to America. 

Corny needs to go home, is there a couple more miserable? Oh wait, there's Myriam and Jumpin' Jack Flash. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Yes, it was rude of Larry to not eat the pork, but you could have mentioned the dinner to him and what is expected of him. His behaviour was abysmal, but on some level you know that is not a world traveller, he has never been out of the US, he has few social graces.

World traveler? It's pork. Pork is everywhere in the USA. Bacon is practically a food group.

Larry acting like pork is something exotic was stupid as fuck. Pig pickings and the south are like oil and vinegar.

• Love 17

I'm Team Antonio all the way.  listening to Corney discussing her on-line relationship with Antonio, she never mentioned being invited to stay with him. We know he said something about her being the mother of his children but there was no invitation. 

So this silly girl shows up at his door, no luggage, no hotel reservation with a chip on her shoulder. She wants to stay with him, she wants his full attention, she wants to meet his family and friends. She's crazy.  Seriously!

now imagine a foreign man showing up at her doorstep with the same demands in small town USA, we would be suggesting she file a restraining order.

Bottom line, he's not that into her. 

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

World traveler? It's pork. Pork is everywhere in the USA. Bacon is practically a food group.

Larry acting like pork is something exotic was stupid as fuck. Pig pickings and the south are like oil and vinegar.

Maybe he has never had roasted pig and has food handling issues. I know that I do, and don't tend to like things like workplace potlucks. The pig was fully cooked and should be fine to eat. I am not a pork person, but I would have at least had a small portion.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tincansailor981 said:

I give zero shits about Myriam when she's the one playing games.  She knows lip licker is into her, yet she strings him along with that friend zone bullshit.  If she does have a boyfriend, and that's debatable, she's an ass for playing them both and she deserves to get her feelings hurt.  You don't have a man fly all the way to Paris to see you and somehow forget to tell him youre already in a relationship.  The boyfriend sounds like she's just a drive by when it's convenient and she's only now starting to realize it.  She feels stupid for being a side piece and well she should.

I'm picking up a different vibe. Myriam said she met her boyfriend after she started talking online with Patrick. Instead of breaking it off with Patrick, she and boyfriend decided she could do the show. Now boyfriend is pissed and not wanting her to hang out with another man every day, even for a show, so he's distancing himself. Myriam committed to the show and she's fucked herself over. She probably does really miss her boyfriend and she's probably sick of Patrick but she has to follow through and deliver her lines. 

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I have a new theory that Antonio broke the air-conditioning on purpose in an attempt to convince Courtney to leave and get her own hotel room or leave the country completely.

The sex must have been pretty bad.

• Love 11

The catty bitch side of me couldn’t stop laughing at the whole Darcy & Jesse scene.  My husband and I were almost in tears when Jessie was in the car trying to change the subject with “look at that goat”... It was pretty messed up that he would mind fuck her like that & he knew it would. Just think of how pathetic she feels going home a 43 year old women with a promise ring. And then Darcy said something that didn’t make me feel one bit sorry for her. She said “The engagement ring will be bigger right?”.....  she can have fun in that roller coaster, mind game of a relationship. 

• Love 23

I am really impressed with all of you! The only name I remember & can put a face to is "just a friend boyfriend Chris".

Is it really that difficult to find a good mate here in the US anymore?  I cannot envision one of these relationships making it.  

The blonde with the extremely low self esteem should be really embarrassed for any of her friends and family to witness any of this.  

The guy who disrespected the family by not eating the pig has to realize that girl does not give a shit about him, all she wants is a ticket to the US, then she's taking off.

The creepy guy who had no choice but to go to the Amazon to find a female who would excuse his  "criminal" past needs to go back to Poop Lake & jump in face first.

The guy who's in love with the girl who's in love with Chris needs to accept they well always be a threesome.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I doubt Antonio went to get money from his mother. He had his little overnight sex bag. He either hooked up with someone or traded sex for cash. 

And wasn't he asking her why she didn't show up to flamenco dancing?  What was that about? 

• Love 2

Corney and Antonio are just cringeworthy. I can't with them anymore.

I just want to punch Larry. Remember that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? "You're insulting them and you're embarrassing me." That's fucking Larry.  No wonder he can't find a girlfriend in Florida. He's so damn clueless and childish and fucking embarrassing! EAT THE GOD DAMNED PIG, LARRY!

I hope Jenny takes his ass to the damn cleaners. 

• Love 13

I want to punch Larry every time I hear him whine about "cultural differences".  It was a PIG, idiot, STFU next time and eat it.  I did have to laugh over Jenny's "men cry for me" line.

It's great to see Abby show her true self in her side interviews, the sarcasm over what she is willing to do for "love".  Yes, everyone except Sean knows that you love Chris but he just wants to play with you not marry you, you barely even like Sean, and you just want a ticket to America.

Patrick needs to stop pushing himself on a woman who was clearly playing games with him from the start and go home.  Myriam needs to stop manipulating men online and grow up.

Getting down on one knee to propose...your appreciation for someone.  That's a new one.  Reality tv doesn't get any more fake than this.

Karine and Paul also smells of BS.

Cortney needs to go back home and find a guy dumb like her.  There is just zero chemistry or connection between her and playboy Antonio.

• Love 13

Larry ruins everything!  Not only was the feast laid out especially for him, but Jenny's family had insisted that he stay overnight in their home.  Can you imagine the Ugly American Show we would have been treated to if Larry had actually spent the night, sleeping on the floor?  Better for him and Jen to stay in the hotel, but we viewers were really cheated out of some intense Larry melodrama.

Here's what I really don't get about Larry.  Most of us agree he has no social graces, no communication skills and he comes across as thick as a post. Just dull and stupid.  So how has he been functioning as a manager at a corporate-owned McDonald's for ten years?   Doesn't a restaurant manager need to know how to soothe and placate disgruntled customers or calm warring employees or get tough with suppliers who don't show up on time? Doesn't a restaurant manager need to be a problem-solver, with some ability to make things right when they invariably go wrong??  Larry is a complete moron.

Both Larry and Sean are way-below-average short.  Larry even walks like a doofus.  I can't stand how both these men constantly moan to the camera that they are "in love."  It's hilariously dumb. What exactly are they in love with, other than sex on demand?

Jessie on one knee for his Baby, proposing, uh, proposing what? ..."okay Baby, I gotta think about this a little more. Time for you to go home now, Baby."  Ha! But honestly, I don't believe this couple is anything but two people trying to sell clothes on their own reality show. I doubt they were ever a real couple.

Paul makes me crazy!  Is he still wearing the same damn clothes?  He is a sociopath, and I don't understand how he got permission to visit a foreign country while he's still on parole. And btw, he's another one who is around 5'4" or 5'5".  I feel like Karine is in danger around him. Just say goodbye to Pole, please!

Antonio and Cortney also make me laugh.  She's been ridiculous in her expectations, and Antonio can't wait to get rid of her.

I thought Abby looked very pretty tonight, especially in her talking heads. Even as she openly plots and lies and connives,  she still looks pretty. I'm sure the smarmy, unctuous Dr Chris will continue to enjoy her company during her marriage to Sean.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

What men have possibly cried over Jenny?! I call bullshit there. 

Abby to producer: “Yes, I still love Chris. (Big, not-even-attempted-to-suppress, snarky grin): ...as a friend!”

Jesse and the “promise ring” in the barn/windmill place....please tell me that was scripted! If not, he is  straight-up sadistic to get down on one  knee, proclaim his love for Darcey, and give her a ring....then say, “It’s not an engagement ring.” He knows how deluded Darcey is, still seeking the fairy-tale ending...that was a cruel mind-fuck. 

Who has cried over Jenny?  All those men on Filipino Cupid who emptied their 401k's trying to gain Jenny's love, only to later discover that she was trying to scam seeking the attention of other men on Filipino Cupid.  They are crying over lost "love" and having to spend retirement in poverty. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jesse, you can't just expect someone to stop 'drinking' because you ask them to - your way or the highway.

Also, we are all far more looped than Darcey playing TLC drinking games! She was hardly "drunk." That is such a popular misogynistic way to squash and control women. You have two drinks and you're ready for Betty Ford. I'm sure he slams down the quaffs.

• Love 4