Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Yes...his clothing is nightmarish (even as a "DJ" IMO...he had a yellow Jansport backpack...maybe he borrowed it from his mom).  He has a very juvenile way of speaking...too fast, too much use of the word 'like'. :/  I don't find him attractive at all...but to each their own.

You mean you didn't like the "whassup, whassup, whassup?????" airport greeting??

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

I'm pretty sure that was Miriam, and I remember thinking it was odd.  

It was in reply to Patrick saying, "Whassup????!!!!" or some such thing.  I got the impression it was how they greeted each other on facetime.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, hawkhd said:

Paul skeeves me out so bad. Why does Karine want to do the unskinny bop with him? No one is that desperate. 

Patrick, go ahead and eat your hat. 

Maybe she wants to get it out of the way so she can make a decisive decision on being together...  if (when) the sex is bad  then she definitely knows she wont want to be with him lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I still think Miriam saw Patrick in person and made up a boyfriend.  She doesn't seem like a mean person to do what she did.  Maybe she only saw his face in their interactions, but the whole outfit/ height maybe?, she just couldn't get on board with.  It would be nice of her to reimburse the cost of his travels, or at least half! 

So much second hand embarrassment for Larry when the candy kept dropping on the ground and he was explaining to the randoms it was candy! for her family!  who gives a f**???

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Miryam looks preggers to me, she kept covering her midsection. So she made up the boyfriend in case Patrick said someting. That, and the fact she took one look and decided to just be friends. 

I was sure she was prego too. She was waaaaay underdressed to meet someone she was interested in at the airport so I t think it was a premeditated escape hatch she was looking for before she even met him reasons unknown . Though I loved the crack about her dumping him after she saw his blazer.  

57 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

3e4574d8293d2b9b83c37157d9516a07.png

Hey hey hey easy now that's a  Gordon Gartrell! Wassup wassup wassup!!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Larry took money from his 401K to finance this disaster. Not only does he lose the investment value of the money, he also has to pay a 10% penalty and taxes on the withdrawal,

It's more like 30%. I speak from experience. Uggggghhhh!  Regardless, poor, pathetic Larry. He should listen to his cousin and his mail order bride who seems to know so much.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, LeeluDallas said:

Maybe she wants to get it out of the way so she can make a decisive decision on being together...  if (when) the sex is bad  then she definitely knows she wont want to be with him lol

Breathes there a soul on earth who does not know, with certainty, that Paul is going to be a dud in the sack? No one needs to actually have sex with him to discern that.

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

So Cortney didn't feel comfy enough to sleep with Antoino or let him play grab ass but she felt entitled to pick his phone up and go thru it? He's better than me because that would have been an immediate drop off to the hostel closest to the airport.

I believe I actually emitted a small gawping sound when she did that. Girl. He is not your boyfriend. This woman's notion of boundaries is from Bizarro World.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Breathes there a soul on earth who does not know, with certainty, that Paul is going to be a dud in the sack? No one needs to actually have sex with him to discern that.

I believe I actually emitted a small gawping sound when she did that. Girl. He is not your boyfriend. This woman's notion of boundaries is from Bizarro World.

Yes, yes and yes to Paul in the sack.  Uggg it makes my teeth do funny things in my mouth just thinking of that coupling.

Courtney was kind of silly way back home and she's even sillier now.  What an odd couple.  I think he is in shock that she really did fly all the way there to meet him.  Hummm.   Reminds me of that;  How do you call your lover boy?   "Oh lover boy!" and if he still doesn't answer?  "Oh Lover Boy"!

• Love 4

I've read it at least 20 times but I'll repeat it.  Larry is a f%$#ing idiot train wreck.  He's walking down the street and telling everyone in sight what he's doing; they are all looking at him like "who gives a rat's ass?"   I haven't seen cases of this much desperate since High School.  Or since Nicole and Azan.   Larry needs someone in his life to set him straight.   He's so desperate even the poor girl is looking at him and thinking "this guy is pathetic".   And get some goddamn fitting clothes!.  Larry is putting all American men to shame.   Jenny has no idea Larry works at McDonald's or if she does, she doesn't know what that means.  Even as a manager, Larry may not be able to support the "love of his life" to stay at home painting her nails while he's at work.   By the way, to hear any of these people refer to the other person they just met as the Love if their Life is beyond pathetic.  Christ almighty!!!   I hope Jenny takes every penny of his 401K.  I'm betting that she'll soon determine he has no money and will fleece him and dump him.  By the way, Jenny is missing some molars (teeth) on the upper right.  Notice how she tries to hid it when she tries to smile.

I'm so glad that Patrick got dropped like cow manure.  That young man needs to stop licking his lips every minute.  It's not sexy when LL Cool J used to do it 20 years ago and it wasn't sexy when he did it either.  Myriam is a lesson for all Americans looking for love via a Visa (ask the important questions!!).  I don't blame Poor Dumb Patrick for forgetting to ask that important question.  Myriam is at fault, but she realized that Patrick was a manchild and got out at the right time, before anything intimate happened.  If they were not acting, Myriam came up quickly with an "out".   Patrick doesn't strike me as being smart enough to do tourism by himself.   And to PityFree, Patrick may be handsome but he's just not very bright or interesting and I think Myriam realized that and pulled the plug on it.    

Karine (rhymes with Latrine) was in a hurry for intimacy.  Poor girl.  I would have seen the results, and then walk out on him and leave him lying there naked with his dirty socks on.  Then again, Karine has nothing to fall back on so she'll need to put up with that maniac.  I have a bet that they will not get married and if they do, USCIS will question how in heaven are they able to have a relationship without actual meaningful verbal communication.

Antonio is such an a$$#ole.  He's actually saying on camera that he can sleep separately today but not tomorrow.  He feels that American women are easy and expects this girl to pay for her stay tomorrow.  Courtney keeps physically pushing him away, but she made the face of "I'm already here so I might as well do him".  By the way, Antonio's bathroom is outside his apartment.  Notice how the kitchenette is right next to the couch in his "living room" and everything is all together.  Think of a hotel room converted into an apartment and one bathroom per floor.  This is common in Europe and was common in some large US cities a long time ago, NYC, Philly, SF.  By the way, these apartments are for students or very poor people, which proves that Antonio is not a model and doesn't make any decent money in those fake pageants.

People who travel a lot don't travel like these guys.  Packing and demeanor is only one of many tell tales that they are not the most worldly  or educated people.  My money says, Larry, Paul and Patrick did not finish high school.  Courtney has some Community College, but not a lot.  Darcy no college either, though she might be one of those people who goes to college but lack common sense and are basically clueless.

None of these people strike as bright.  Right now, only Jesse seems a bit smart, he's getting his publicity action and he will not go with Darcey beyond one season.  But he's smart and he will parlay that into something.  I guarantee it.

Another point, TLC is financing some of these trips' expenses.  I'm sure neither Patrick nor Larry (401K BS story) paid 100% for everything.  Patrick and Myriam could have well been "in it" and know about the "deceit", but TLC funded it so they get a story for a couple of thousand dollars.  Patrick's reaction was pretty contained because he knew about it.  He's in the entertainment industry so he just go a free trip to Paris and some free promotion.  So Miriam said that and 5 seconds later, each person just gets up and walks away.  No way that would happen in real life.

TLC and Sharp are diversifying and splitting up new shows, the way "Law and Order" did.  God, there's 4 or 5 types of "Law and Order" shows and they all make money.  That's genius.

• Love 8

Paul couldn't be more awkward and inept. He's in a tropical climate and he's been wearing long pants, that black long sleeved jacket with mesh and heavy black boots for days. Can you imagine the smell emanating from the sweat? Karine is dressed in shorts, crop tops and sandals at all times because it's hot and humid in the Brazilian Amazon. Paul should get some flip flops, a tee shirt and shorts. Lather on sunscreen and bug repellant and be done with it. He is so creepy he makes my skin crawl. It's so degrading that he made Karine take a pregnancy and STD test. When Karine said she will break up with him if he doesn't trust her after the test results I was hoping with every fiber of my being that she would! When he was pawing her and kissing her he looked like a twelve year old boy kissing a girl for the first time. It was uncomfortable to watch. Karine, coming to America isn't worth having to be "intimate" with Paul. Really. It's not. 

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

I've read it at least 20 times but I'll repeat it.  Larry is a f%$#ing idiot train wreck.  He's walking down the street and telling everyone in sight what he's doing; they are all looking at him like "who gives a rat's ass?"   I haven't seen cases of this much desperate since High School.  Or since Nicole and Azan.   Larry needs someone in his life to set him straight.   He's so desperate even the poor girl is looking at him and thinking "this guy is pathetic".   And get some goddamn fitting clothes!.  Larry is putting all American men to shame.   Jenny has no idea Larry works at McDonald's or if she does, she doesn't know what that means.  Even as a manager, Larry may not be able to support the "love of his life" to stay at home painting her nails while he's at work.   By the way, to hear any of these people refer to the other person they just met as the Love if their Life is beyond pathetic.  Christ almighty!!!   I hope Jenny takes every penny of his 401K.  I'm betting that she'll soon determine he has no money and will fleece him and dump him.  By the way, Jenny is missing some molars (teeth) on the upper right.  Notice how she tries to hid it when she tries to smile.

I'm sure she knows he manages a McDonald's. They have McDonald's in the Philippines. Eating there is a treat for locals, it's more expensive than locals-oriented places, it's air conditioned, there's wifi, etc. Working there would not have the same "stigma" like it may have in the USA.  She's not going to refuse to marry him for being too poor.  Let's say he makes $3500 a month as a McDonald's manager. People in Jenny's circles in the Philippines make less than 10% of that.  To her, he's rich.

This wedding is happening, and 3-5 years down the road when they divorce she'll be close to thirty years old and fifteen pounds heavier. I don't think she's going to have much wealthier American guys beating down her door then.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

This wedding is happening, and 3-5 years down the road when they divorce she'll be close to thirty years old and fifteen pounds heavier.

You're being very generous on the weight gain.  I hope this wedding is not happening, because this broad has way too much mileage on her.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes we sure do.  Lots to talk about on that one.  I'm thinking Alexandra was pregnant when she arrived and Josh, being the good and kind man he is, offered her and the baby his name, love and fatherhood. 

I'm kind of remembering there was a lot of ballyhoo back when the baby was born.  Big surprise!  S U R P R I S E! 

There is one in the 90-Day Fiance forum. Drogo posted about it.

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe she wants an 'anchor' baby? 18 years of support and maybe a new life in America? And then bring her family there?

Tying herself to this nut for a lifetime is a super bad idea, I hope she's been warned by some kind soul that speaks Portugese.  I hope she knows what to do legally in case of domestic abuse or stalking.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Drogo said:

"Fustrating"...?

Larry, you're dead to me. 

Ditto.  So many of them do this.  I was thinking last night that the correct pronunciation of this word should be a prerequisite for appearance on the show.  And oh yes, I am that strict.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Did Larry's girl look totally different in person??

In the photos she looked like a Lolita and in person not so much.

She reminded me of a weary, seasoned, no nonsense but not necessarily unkind, nursing assistant. She spoke to Larry as if he was a patient in her care. "Don't worry. I'll take care of you. Relax!" 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Matty said:

Karine, coming to America isn't worth having to be "intimate" with Paul. Really. It's not. 

Yeah it's tough to imagine living somewhere so horrible that screwing someone like Paul just to maybe get out seems like a good option. At the same time, I suspect a lot of these people have unrealistic expectations of life in America. They remind me of the Mousekewitzes in An American Tail singing "there are nooooo cats in America and the streets are paved with cheeeeeese!" Not quite, Feivel, but your optimism is noted.

Sure, my suburb is likely safer and more comfortable than Literally Nowhere, Brazil, but I still have problems, even as a native English speaker with a lot of education and a good job. I don't use the term "first world problems" because it's dismissive and smug. We all have problems and they're real, even if some of us also have AC and wifi.

My father-in-law brought my mother-in-law here 40+ years ago from a poor, communist country, and guess what: they live there now. She became a US citizen and learned English and they had a very comfortable lifestyle here, but she still missed her home country enough to go back, even with their corrupt government, poor health care, and lack of infrastructure. I strongly agree with the person who said many of these women might be happier with the "wealthy" white husband giving them a better life in their home countries. That's what my MIL has now and she's stoked. 

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

"Fustrating"...?

Larry, you're dead to me. 

At least he didn't say "flustrating"? ?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The only thing more awkward than that kiss between Paul and Karrine was the kiss between virgins on that other TLC show of years ago

K9XS6GW.gif

Far as I'm concerned Karrine has earned that greencard. 

Thank you for bringing back the sweet, awkward memory of the best worst kiss ever.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

This wedding is happening, and 3-5 years down the road when they divorce she'll be close to thirty years old and fifteen pounds heavier. I don't think she's going to have much wealthier American guys beating down her door then.

She's not even cute NOW.  He's better looking than her!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, rideashire said:

I agree and much as I think Paul is an awkward weirdo, she could do way worse too. He doesn't seem like the type to treat her poorly (aside from his trust issues) and while he may not be rich he can probably pay his bills and she's going to live more comfortably with him while waiting on that green card. Can't say I blame her, I may tell her to run in my other post but if she doesn't have other options it actually makes a sad sort of sense that she'd stay with him. :/

I am surprised though that she doesn't have other guys knocking down her door. She's cute and seems nice enough, if she can deal with Paul she'd probably be a dream girlfriend for some normal guy.

She sure has but she's not interested in local men and at the end of the day, who on a dating website will go all the way down to a village in the Amazon ? She's cute but there are hundreds of cute girls in an accessible location.

If Paul is the first one to make the trip, she'll stick to him.

• Love 2

I think a problem with the majority's of these couples is that most have these pipe dreams about coming to America.   Then when they get here they often don't know the language, can't work or drive, miss their families, and are disappointed in the environment.  It's not what they were expecting.  Some people still think the streets of America are paved with gold.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kickboxer said:

Paul is so weird and he makes the show hilarious, poor Karine. Even the way he says her name doesn't seem right.

Yeah, rhymes with "weenie." With industrial condoms and a full-body net, of course. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Bibi said:

She sure has but she's not interested in local men

There's a lot of class and skin color discrimination in countries like Brazil.  Karine is poor and not light skinned.  The only guys beating down her door would be poor guys from her village.  Wealthy or middle class Brazilian men would have no interest in her because of her skin color and social class.

I had a girlfriend in Cambodia, and when we broke up, she was distraught and said "No one will marry me because I'm poor." It was heartbreaking.

This is also very much a "thing" in Thailand. Many white guys who visit Thailand end up with women from the "Isaan" region, bordering Laos, where the women are shorter, darker skinned, and (to Westerners) beautiful. Meanwhile, middle class Thai guys from Bangkok wouldn't give them the time of day, and they don't understand what Westerners see in women from Isaan. They'd rather have a tall, light skinned, Chinese-Thai woman, even if she's otherwise "ugly," to us.

Edited by gavinmac
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Larry seems like an okay guy to me (so far).  He has a nice smile.  He seems decent.  I hope we don't find something out about him that is totally off the wall.

Larry, bless his heart, seems like a kind and decent guy.  He reminds me of a hapless New York Mets fan, complete with the baseball cap.  Jenny is going to eat him alive. 

I am starting to believe the rumors that Cortney was catfished and that Antonio was compensated to play along. 

I don't know how Patrick missed the fact that Myriam is clearly pregnant. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Sure, my suburb is likely safer and more comfortable than Literally Nowhere, Brazil, but I still have problems, even as a native English speaker with a lot of education and a good job. I don't use the term "first world problems" because it's dismissive and smug. We all have problems and they're real, even if some of us also have AC and wifi.

I love you.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Larry, bless his heart, seems like a kind and decent guy.  He reminds me of a hapless New York Mets fan, complete with the baseball cap.  Jenny is going to eat him alive. 

I am starting to believe the rumors that Cortney was catfished and that Antonio was compensated to play along. 

I don't know how Patrick missed the fact that Myriam is clearly pregnant. 

WHAT?  Did I miss something or are going on the big sweater theory?

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

WHAT?  Did I miss something or are going on the big sweater theory?

Big sweater theory; plus for whatever reason, she makes sure her stomach is always hidden. And, she was the only participant that was always filmed sitting down.  I thought her big secret was that she has to use a wheelchair to get around. . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Big sweater theory; plus for whatever reason, she makes sure her stomach is always hidden. And, she was the only participant that was always filmed sitting down.  I thought her big secret was that she has to use a wheelchair to get around. . 

She also kept placing her hand on her abdomen like pregnant women do.  She did over and over again.

• Love 3

Seriously I think the producers made up all that boyfriend story. It's so an American cliché to depict French people as unfaithful and heartbreakers.  I'm not even surprised.

They are both actors and if not, Myriam changed her mind when she met him at the airport. She was going to tell Patrick" There is someone else but you mean so much to me Patrick.  I just need some time to make a decision" . And there he was. At the airport. A dressed up weirdo. She made the decision right away.

If she had a boyfriend, she wouldn't take such a risk (be on TV with a boy she met on a dating website).

Jenny is surprisingly  ugly. Please note that she never displayed her teeth on pics. Nor did Corny.

When Corny was texting Antonio and she said " That's it,  I'm leaving !",  I thought she was... leaving. Not waiting for him at the door!!!

Rents in Malaga are affordable so why does Antonio live in a shoebox? First, he's not 31. He's thicker than he pretended to be on his pics. Belly fat. Chicken legs. If ever the guy was a model, , it would be on his own Instagram.

Btw when I see the student room he's living in ,  I understand  why he could not turn down that beauty pageant job.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Hey hey hey easy now that's a  Gordon Gartrell! Wassup wassup wassup!!

Here I can't remember what I had for lunch today (did I even HAVE lunch today?) but I see this pic and immediately get all OMG GORDON GARTRELL EPISODE! 

Corny can go take several seats.  She seems to think she's a "tall beautiful American blonde"(not to be confused with "TallHotBlonde") and Antonio is going to be all Euro-gentlemanly and show her off to his (heh, woman) friends and SWOON FAIRY TALE FOR THE SNAPCHAT AGES <insert heart eye emojis until computer crashes>

Antonio's giant fake teeth are so distracting that I can't focus on what he's saying.  My ex had loads of fake teeth (hockey is fun like that) and his were at least proportional to the rest of his head.  Antonio's seem to reach from ear to ear.  Okay I'm done being shallow.  

• Love 7

Add me to the list of those who thought Cortney went WAY over a line by looking at Antonio's phone and complaining about his texts to women.  I'm sure they were in Spanish (could they have been to his sisters and entirely innocent?), AND C&A are not in a monogamous relationship.  Well, she is, but he's not.  He thinks if they're going to be monogamous, there should at least be sex.  And maybe not even then.  His friend describes him as a "macho man" with lots of women, and they both seem to think that's normal for single guys.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gavinmac said:

There's a lot of class and skin color discrimination in countries like Brazil.  Karine is poor and not light skinned.  The only guys beating down her door would be poor guys from her village.  Wealthy or middle class Brazilian men would have no interest in her because of her skin color and social class.

I had a girlfriend in Cambodia, and when we broke up, she was distraught and said "No one will marry me because I'm poor." It was heartbreaking.

This is also very much a "thing" in Thailand. Many white guys who visit Thailand end up with women from the "Isaan" region, bordering Laos, where the women are shorter, darker skinned, and (to Westerners) beautiful. Meanwhile, middle class Thai guys from Bangkok wouldn't give them the time of day, and they don't understand what Westerners see in women from Isaan. They'd rather have a tall, light skinned, Chinese-Thai woman, even if she's otherwise "ugly," to us.

I completely agree. I work with several Brazilians and the class divisions are very real. The rich/Middle Class and well educated live in the cities. The poor and uneducated live in the rural villages.  And there are far more poor people than rich/Middle Class in Brazil. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Cortney is a total idiot, but I would love to see someone throat punch douchebag Antonio.

This.

Antonio in the cab was infuriating.  He gets the cabdriver to support his thoughts that she is "cold" with him because she's not all over him with what he is presenting as normalized physical affection.  Yet she keeps telling him over and over again that she was pissed he didn't pick her up at the airport, left her in the park in the heat waiting for him and he's really unapologetic about it.  " I gotta work babe" is a viable excuse for him.

The ending was totally ridiculous.  She leaves the pageant but doesn't leave for a hotel.  She waits for him outside.   When he gets outside he basically says "do you want to go to a hotel or to my apartment?"  and when she says his apartment he actually looks surprised.  Corny had that dumb passive aggressive gummy smile on her face when she insisted she was going to horn in on his privacy and stay in that apartment, sleep in his bed, make him sleep on the couch and make him "earn" her.   Wow she's such an independent American woman.   Eye roll.

Then he basically says he's sleeping on the mini couch for one night but after that....he's banging her or she's out in the hallway.  Hahahahaha   Corny goes from mind numbingly stupid to deceptively manipulative and oddly aggressive about stupid things.   She tries to be in control in weird ways.  

You know what?  Let's punch both of them.  Bah

• Love 23