Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: We Have A New Puppet Master

• Start Topic

How old is Ryan?

Does Megan work?  I really don't see the need for a nanny if she doesn't but I guess if you're a Housewife in the OC you're expected to have one.  Megan mentioned them selling their OC house & downsizing.  I'd rather see that than her fake entertaining Kelly.  What's with Megan's different hairstyles/ haircolors?  I barely recognized her in one TH.  (I know the TH'S are added later, but she looked different in one of the previews.)

Feel sorry for Sophie & all the other kids on reality shows that have to learn to drive by driving huge SUVs.  I'd probably be swerving in & out of the highway lanes too if I was driving that tank.  Too bad they don't own small or midsize cars like the rest of us.  

Why didn't Kelly bring her daughter to the birthday party?  

• Love 2

Did Peggy have chemo or something else that makes her hair look like shit? Cuz it does. It looks fine in her TH's, but it looks stringy and weird in every other scene. I am kind of enjoying her deadpan affect juxtaposed against the histrionics of the others. 

What was that thing that Tamra gave the speech to? Was it a charity? It was so weird. Tamra's family is so middle America, I was lol

I FF through all sequences involving vag stuff, so I missed that part. 

Lydia's mom is a nutcase, I just don't like Lydia. 

I was feeling so much sympathy for Shannon and the driving. I was totally Shannon teaching my kids. 

This season is going nowhere fast. Hopefully the trip to Hawaii will liven things up. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

WHY is Peggy even on this show? I don't get it. One, she is so boring. Two, she doesn't seem all that well and is about to have more surgery. Three, I can't imagine what reason she would be interested in being a housewife....is it to promote Niko's business? Four, she is so boring (deserved an extra mention!).

She's very boring, I predict she's on for one season.

• Love 12
On 7/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

BUT WHO IS THE NEW PUPPET MASTER???

You know, I thought Eeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone's the master...

35 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I see some negative comments about Peggy and her relationship with Vicki, but I see it in a differently. In my experience, when you are going through breast cancer (and I will guess any sort of cancer), you really find out who are your true friends. Some of your besties are all of the sudden MIA, while people you barely know step up. Even with a stupid casserole ;). Some people are just better in a crisis than in regular day-to-day life, if that makes any sense. So when I see Peggy crying to Vicki, I do not think it's fake. I think it meant something to her to have someone support  her when she needed it most - regardless of who that person was. You take what you can get when you're going through one of, if not the, worst thing in your life.

I don't think Peggy's fake. I feel for her and can totally get behind what you're saying. <3

However, I do think VICKI is fake and is milking this for her own sketchy, self-serving purposes. Which makes Vicki's faux stance as the Patron Saint of Cancer Casseroles all the more gross.

I hope the cameras are there when Vicki arrives, casserole in hand, to babysit. I somehow feel like I'll be waiting a long time.

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Feel sorry for Sophie & all the other kids on reality shows that have to learn to drive by driving huge SUVs.  I'd probably be swerving in & out of the highway lanes too if I was driving that tank.  Too bad they don't own small or midsize cars like the rest of us.  

I drive a Chevrolet Traverse. It's pretty big. I have 3 kids and a dog and we take lots of short day trips to see family, so my husband thought we needed a bigger SUV. It's not exactly a Suburban, but it's not small or midsize. If my kids were learning to drive today, it would be on that or my husband's Dodge truck. It might be better to learn on a bigger vehicle, because then you know you can handle most anything. 

22 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

How old is Ryan?

I believe he's right around 30. Maybe 31? 

21 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

What was that thing that Tamra gave the speech to? Was it a charity? It was so weird. Tamra's family is so middle America, I was lol

It seemed to be a support group or something for parents who've been "erased" from their children's lives. She participated in a documentary about it, and I think it was the people behind the doc who wanted her to speak at this event. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember this "poor little guy" as a lazy, entitled, mouthy, unemployed skank who only wanted him mother and stepfather to pay his way through life. He was over 18, would not get off his ass to get a job even though Simon went out of his way to get him a job which he quit, slept all day and partied all night. Eddie had a problem with him, too. He got him a job at the gym and that didn't work out. When Ryan moved back to Cali with Sara and the kids, Tamra gave him money for the deposit on the rental house and for rent. He complained about the house, he didn't like it. Eddie didn't like Tamra giving the lazy ass money for rent. Eddie was right and so was Simon. 

I agree, but when I wrote "poor little guy", I was referring to Ryan when he WAS a little guy. A young teen, 14, 15, I think. Kids aren't born bad-usually- they're made bad. By neglect, abuse, etc. I feel sorry for the way his life started out. With selfish Tamra for a mother. Sorry. I wonder how some of us would have turned out if we had been dumped by our mother for years, while she chased men, lived life and had fun. 

I have a son that age and can't imagine dumping him off like that! For someone else to raise and teach and manage. I spend so much time nagging (lol) my kid. Teaching him how to wash a frying pan, how to do laundery, chasing him off the computer to do his summer reading. Last night he helped me put groceries away. I found the eggs in the freezer this morning! Yup. My knucklehead did that. And I wouldn't trade these moments for anything!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

This is how I remember it too.  IMO, Simon was just trying to instill some much needed discipline in Ryan. 

I hate glitter too.  I like the way Peggy looked at them with the WTF look when the fairy dust was being thrown about.  I also liked how Peggy told Shannon that if the storyline about her husband's alleged abuse wasn't true, just let it go.   Shannon was explaining it to her in the restaurant and Peggy said something along the lines of 'if it's not true, it's not true,' i.e. quit giving it life by talking about it.  That was my interpretation of it.  YMMV.   I don't think Peggy is going to be the "WooHoo" kind of girl that Vicki is .  Peggy doesn't seem to be the type to lower herself to the drunken brawl that these women end up in.  Time will tell!   And Bravo, please just stop with the vaginal rejuvenation storylines.  TMI!

And now Ryan was a "victim" of Simon.  I just can't with this coddled piece of crap.   

I was watching the "Social Edition" of last week's episode to see if they would post a tweet of Kelly's reprehensible behavior.  Surprise! No.  Nothing.  

Time for Bravo to admit this shelf life on this show has expired.  Do a show about Aspen instead.  HER I would watch.

• Love 5

Just a disclaimer; I was (mercifully?) wiped out from a sneaky exhaustive workout earlier that evening, so I was zoning out through much of this week's ep. Here are some impressions from what I remember seeing:

• Why do I suspect that "vagina rejuvenation clinic" is really a cover story for a place you pay for electro-masturbation? I fail to see how electric shocks are going to do anything and I got suspicious watching Kelly appearing to orgasm when that probe was inserted. 
  • Vicki's "red line" lies between "vaginal rejuvenation" and chemotherapy.
  • The birthday party Lydia had for her son was a blatant plug for that lame emoji movie that's going to be in theatres in week. It's nice to see the former dancing spokesman for Six Flags has a job, but I am bored with Lydia's eccentric mother. So THAT'S where Lydia's crown sweater came!
  • Was that the first time Shannon taught her daughter how to drive? I wondered why she wasn't taking back roads or in an empty parking lot.
  • Vicki likes "nice" people. HA! We know you really meant "rich" and "obsequious" but are so desperate to stay on this show that you're willing to bite the bullet and suck up to the newbie. Did I miss her try to sell Peggy life insurance?
  • Nice to see Tamra's creepy son has realized that Simon was doing the "tough love" thing on him.
  • Why is Tamra surprised her mother didn't attend that speaking event after what she did to her at the last one? I guess Tamra is trying to turn over a new leaf.
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I agree, but when I wrote "poor little guy", I was referring to Ryan when he WAS a little guy. A young teen, 14, 15, I think. Kids aren't born bad-usually- they're made bad. By neglect, abuse, etc. I feel sorry for the way his life started out. With selfish Tamra for a mother. Sorry. I wonder how some of us would have turned out if we had been dumped by our mother for years, while she chased men, lived life and had fun. 

I have a son that age and can't imagine dumping him off like that! For someone else to raise and teach and manage. I spend so much time nagging (lol) my kid. Teaching him how to wash a frying pan, how to do laundery, chasing him off the computer to do his summer reading. Last night he helped me put groceries away. I found the eggs in the freezer this morning! Yup. My knucklehead did that. And I wouldn't trade these moments for anything!

Agree 100%.

I have a high schooler and I can't imagine putting him on tv right now.

it is pure bullshit.

As far as the people who don't get it, are they parents? Just curious.

• Love 8

During the intro scenes of this episode, it hit me Kelly's mom looks like Carol Channing. It was in the hair and facial expression during the scene of Kelly asking if she wanted vaginal rejuvenation.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, red12 said:

During the intro scenes of this episode, it hit me Kelly's mom looks like Carol Channing. It was in the hair and facial expression during the scene of Kelly asking if she wanted vaginal rejuvenation.

More of Kelly's mom and their super cute dog please.

5 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Just a disclaimer; I was (mercifully?) wiped out from a sneaky exhaustive workout earlier that evening, so I was zoning out through much of this week's ep. Here are some impressions from what I remember seeing:

• Why do I suspect that "vagina rejuvenation clinic" is really a cover story for a place you pay for electro-masturbation? I fail to see how electric shocks are going to do anything and I got suspicious watching Kelly appearing to orgasm when that probe was inserted. 
  •  

Haha! I've been doing a Mad Men rewatch the last week, and if I recall correctly, that was an effect of the "Rejuvenator" weight loss machine Peggy Olson had to write about...

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Yes, what I was trying to say was that I believe Tamra is at fault for Ryan's issues, not Simon. He inherited the kid after he was already damaged and tried to help him gain some responsibility for being an adult. Ryan has a mother and a bio father that did him more harm than good. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm sure some of those attending the Erasing Family event have legit grievances, but how many are just fucked up people who were awful parents and their kids now make the choice to cut their toxicity out of their lives? We will never know ...

It hurts Tamra's feeling that her mom didn't want to show up to this event. What about Sydney having her feelings hurt because she's begged HER mom to stop talking about her publicly? Only Tamra's poor widdle huwt feewings matter, right? Stupid, narcissist Tamra.

I was thinking the same thing.

I get it must hurt that your  child doesn't want you in their life.  The one person I know who cut her mother out had real legit reasons and it wasn't easy.  I can't imagine that a person is like Yeah,  my mom/dad was fantastic but I'm done with them now. 

I'm just rambling, sorry. I missed alot of the show,  so I might have it all wrong. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, what I was trying to say was that I believe Tamra is at fault for Ryan's issues, not Simon. He inherited the kid after he was already damaged and tried to help him gain some responsibility for being an adult. Ryan has a mother and a bio father that did him more harm than good. 

Yes! Agree. I remember simon going out on a limb and getting him a job at his place (btw, when someone gets you a job, and you suck, you make them look terrible!) and he was ungrateful, bored, not a model employee! But by then I think it was too late. Ryan was lost. It's a shame. And it's actually on Ryan now to get his shit together! Lots of people come from worse, and fight their bad upbringing to become awesome people. I'm just sorry for his lost potential. And what could have been, had tamra been able to be a better mom. 

And that tattoo scene made me sad. Because if that had been my kid asking about his name, his place in his new stepfather's life, and he got that response...I would feel devasted. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The interactions between Simon and Ryan, such as the tattoo scene were in my view, emotionally abusive.

Now, was Ryan a total moron at that time? absolutely.

However,  it was not Simon's place to discipline and/or exclude Ryan.

Ryan looks like shit and aged like milk.

On the positive, I am glad that he realized that being a step parent is not easy.  and hopefully  he will do better for his step kids than Simon did for him.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

However,  it was not Simon's place to discipline and/or exclude Ryan.

It was ok, though, for Simon to pay for the roof over his head, meals, clothing, etc. While Ryan did nothing.  Simon could definitely be a controlling dick, but Tamra chose him, and chose him to have 3 more kids with.  It was a bad situation all the way around. Where was his bio dad? Why didn't Ryan go live him if he was being verbally abused so badly? 

• Love 9
Just now, bichonblitz said:

It was ok, though, for Simon to pay for the roof over his head, meals, clothing, etc. While Ryan did nothing.  Simon could definitely be a controlling dick, but Tamra chose him, and chose him to have 3 more kids with.  It was a bad situation all the way around. Where was his bio dad? Why didn't Ryan go live him if he was being verbally abused so badly? 

This is not right. Simon was abusive and that is all there is to say.

why does it always have to boil down to money spent?

When he married Tamra, he agreed to take on Ryan. End of story.

• Love 13

I thought that Simon was more than accommodating to his lazy, unmotivated, entitled and disrespectful stepson. There was also obviously a lot of history between them that we didn't get to see. My father never paid my rent or bills and we get along great.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Not to mention, she skipped trying chemo or radiation and went right to mastectomy. I don't think she lied at all. She didn't want to take any risks. 

Vicki was FAKE in her visit to Peggy's home. She is trying to repair her image, and using a cancer survivor to do so. It's completely tasteless, IMO. 

Glitter is literally the worst thing ever invented and if Lydia's mom came at me with that shit, I'd throat punch her. 

GHOULINA, I feel like you and I are the same person.  I would not only throat punch her, but coat her head with that shit.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I didn't think it was the 'worst' housewives' episode. 

I did kind of enjoyed Shannon and Tamra visiting.  And I loved Shannon in the car with her daughter.  Memories.  But I didn't take my daughter out in real traffic.  That was gonna take time.  Just around the two lane quiet roads in the neighborhood first.  And school parking lots.  Getting a little too close to the curb there....  This is what Driving school is for.  Let them go out in real traffic with that car.  And it has two brakes.

I do feel for Tamra and lack of a relationship with her daughter but there's more problems with those kids than just that.  Both she and Simon have to get their shit together as parents.

Yikes.  Ryan the early years.  Look at how far he's come.  At least you could look at him then and not get creeped out.  And then there was naked waisted and well...  I do think think he had a screwed up childhood.  I think what he was saying that Simon was an asshole but at the same time Simon was trying to straighten him out.

Kelly - just go away.  You always sound so dumb and why do have to be exposed to your stupid procedures while you're trying to be so funny.  You're just not all that.  Far from it.

The birthday party was cute.  Two minutes of the party would have been fine.  More than enough.

Vicki is doing a redemption tour with new woman.  I still don't know how I feel about her yet.

That would have been Shannon

shannon-beador-weight-gain.jpg

Need to get my giggles - this episode was meh

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Today, Ryan may be the biggest douche of the franchise, but how incredibly awful for him in the flashback, as a young teen, to be asking his step father where his name is tattooed on his step fathers' body, after Simon was proudly discussing how he has tattoos of all "his kids'" names. Then Simon responds with, "where do I have your name on my body Ryan? How about on the bottom of my foot?" How awful! Poor little guy, Ryan. My heart actually broke a little when I saw that tonight. :( you could see a quick flash of pain across his face in that moment. Poor Ryan never stood a chance with that skank for a mother and an unloving stepfather like Simon. 

I assume that you think Ryan was a poor little guy, a young teen, because that is how young he acted? Tamra joined the HW series in the 3rd season (filmed in 2007) when Ryan was 21. (I am being generous since Ryan would have turned 22 at the end of 2007). So depending on whether this scene is from 3rd, 4th or 5th season (the ones where Tamra was married to Simon) Ryan was 21, 22, or 23 years old. I think 22 or 23 as I don't think this scene was from Tamra's first season. In any case Ryan will be 32 at the end of the year, and doesn't seem to have matured all that much in the 10 seasons Tamra has been on the show. But he was far from a young teen in that scene. He was an adult who was mooching off his mother and step father and treating them like crap as he did it. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I thought that Simon was more than accommodating to his lazy, unmotivated, entitled and disrespectful stepson. There was also obviously a lot of history between them that we didn't get to see. My father never paid my rent or bills and we get along great.

I think a lot of their issues came from Tamra, too, to be honest. Tamra clearly coddled Ryan. She still does! Simon had a different style of discipline. He seemed more strict and expected everyone to pull their weight. Ryan was an adult living in their home and didn't want to do anything! I bet Tamra sided with him a lot, which ended up causing Simon to have more tension with his step-son. Blending families is hard, and I don't think Tamra ever made an effort. First she wanted to just send Ryan away and build her new family without him. Then she wanted to bring him back and force him into their life, without really trying to back Simon on up on how to do things. 

Simon can be an ass, for sure. But I don't think a few asshole comments make him some abusive monster. 

7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In any case Ryan will be 32 at the end of the year, and doesn't seem to have matured all that much in the 10 seasons Tamra has been on the show.

Except physically. He now looks like an 80 year old mountain murderer. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 22

I actually fell asleep during this episode, that's how exciting it was.

I would have killed for Stirling's birthday party when I was a kid.  Wait, who am I kidding?  I would kill for that now.  Very neat theme and it seemed fun. 

Ha!  Sophie was definitely doing the newbie driver swerve into a lane rather than the fluid lane changing.  She might need more parking lot/quiet side street driving before she gets back on the freeway.  The OC is crazy enough without the new teen drivers.

I think this was the first time I truly believed what Ryan was saying and his actual emotion.  I think he was traumatized by Simon, as well as appreciative, but he was also traumatized by Tamra and the fact he was dumped on his grandma while she (Tamra) went about her own life.

I'm with Vicki (God, I can't believe I typed that) on Kelly's vag rejuve.  Please.  Don't need to be there. Don't need to see it.  Also, no matter what the state of your marriage is, how terrible to put it out there for everyone to see, on film, that you and your husband aren't intimate.  Of course this is Kelly and she has no boundaries or filter.  Poor Jolie.

Aspen really is a cute baby.  Girly Girl is a cute dog.  I hope Megan saged her house, at the least, and maybe even called a priest after Kelly's visit. 

I like Peggy and her husband more each episode. He does seem really kind and caring.  Don't eff that up for me, Bravo! 

Will watch the part(s) I slept through later.  Maybe. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ha! How true. He has not aged well in the last 10 years or so. I wonder what he would look like if he wasn't fashioning his look after Charles Manson? 

Tamra is so lucky that Eddie is so easy going. They clearly have had many disagreements regarding Ryan as well, including Tamra paying for Ryan's rent when he was well into adulthood and approaching 30. Not sure how patient Eddie would have been had he had Ryan in his life years earlier. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I assume that you think Ryan was a poor little guy, a young teen, because that is how young he acted? Tamra joined the HW series in the 3rd season (filmed in 2007) when Ryan was 21. (I am being generous since Ryan would have turned 22 at the end of 2007). So depending on whether this scene is from 3rd, 4th or 5th season (the ones where Tamra was married to Simon) Ryan was 21, 22, or 23 years old. I think 22 or 23 as I don't think this scene was from Tamra's first season. In any case Ryan will be 32 at the end of the year, and doesn't seem to have matured all that much in the 10 seasons Tamra has been on the show. But he was far from a young teen in that scene. He was an adult who was mooching off his mother and step father and treating them like crap as he did it. 

Wow. 

He acted like a teenager at the time.

It was still shifty and shitty of Simon to act this way Imo.

6 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Ha! How true. Ten years ago (or less, depending on what year that clip was filmed) Ryan did look about 14, when he was actually in his early 20s. I wonder what he would look like if he wasn't fashioning his look after Charles Manson? 

Tamra is so lucky that Eddie is so easy going. They clearly have had many disagreements regarding Ryan as well, including Tamra paying for Ryan's rent when he was well into adulthood and approaching 30. Not sure how patient Eddie would have been had he had Ryan in his life years earlier. 

Not for nothing, Tamra earns that money and if she feels that she needs to pay for her emotionally delayed son, it is her prerogative.

As long as she informs Eddie about the expenditure, he should be cool with it, Imo.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think a lot of their issues came from Tamra, too, to be honest. Tamra clearly coddled Ryan. She still does! Simon had a different style of discipline. He seemed more strict and expected everyone to pull their weight. Ryan was an adult living in their home and didn't want to do anything! I bet Tamra sided with him a lot, which ended up causing Simon to have more tension with his step-son. Blending families is hard, and I don't think Tamra ever made an effort. First she wanted to just send Ryan away and build her new family without him. Then she wanted to bring him back and force him into their life, without really trying to back Simon on up on how to do things. 

Simon can be an ass, for sure. But I don't think a few asshole comments make him some abusive monster. 

Tamra is still probably paying Ryan's bills. Does he even work? Pathetic. A man his age with a child of his own plus stepchildren -- and he has the balls to comment on Simon's lack of parenting? Entitled, arrogant shit stays entitled and arrogant.

• Love 7

The difficult situation with Ryan is that he lived with his bio-dad, and we saw him on the show and still had a relationship with him.  Ryan lived with Tamra's mom and dad apparently at one point while she was newly single and on the prowl.  Tamra and Simon got married when Tamra was pregnant with Sydney, Ryan would have been 14 or 15 years old when Tamra and Simon got married and they had Spencer a year after Sydney.

Since Ryan's father was in his life I am a little torn between Simon becoming anything more than a step-dad or bonus dad.  So the tattoo thing didn't bother me as I find Tamra and her crew a little rough around the edges-what springs to mind is when Tamra, out of anger, ripped off the wrap of Ryan's brand new tattoo. 

Tamra's situation is unique she certainly did a lot to put a wedge between Simon and their children and even Ryan and his dad.  It was public and ugly.

I believe Tamra is taking it way too far to expect her mother to attend the event with her ex husband and her former best friend.  It really isn't always about Tamra.  Realistically, since her father moved out of state, did she really take her mom's side or did he just start a new life without Tamra?  There is an appalling lack of accountability on Tamra's part. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Yes! If I am paying your bills, especially if you aren't my kid, you will not disrespect me or give me side eye at all. My bio kids don't (at least not where I can see) so a step sure as hell isn't going to try and run the home that I pay all the bills on. Simon might have been a jerk but if he is the one feeding and clothing you then shut up or go live with your bio parent get a job or join the military.

Didn't Simon get Ryan a job at the car dealership which wasn't good enough for zero work experience Ryan? Like he expected to be a salesman with a corner office the first day (I exaggerate) instead of a car detailer (isn't that what he did there?). Tamra enables him too much and I'm glad Eddie will have none of it.

They say that all men marry their mothers and Ryan seems to have done that.

Tamra really was pretty in those first seasons but I never realized at the time because her personality was garbage (I'm the hottest HW in the OC and all that) and her dad is quite a looker too.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Yes! If I am paying your bills, especially if you aren't my kid, you will not disrespect me or give me side eye at all. My bio kids don't (at least not where I can see) so a step sure as hell isn't going to try and run the home that I pay all the bills on. Simon might have been a jerk but if he is the one feeding and clothing you then shut up or go live with your bio parent get a job or join the military.

Cold! Lol

If I had to kick my kid out after a side eye. He would have been gone a long time ago.

In all seriousness, being a step parent is a huge endeavor and I think that Simon was poor, Imo.

what do you mean by Sara is just like Tamra?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Didn't Simon get Ryan a job at the car dealership which wasn't good enough for zero work experience Ryan? Like he expected to be a salesman with a corner office the first day (I exaggerate) instead of a car detailer (isn't that what he did there?). Tamra enables him too much and I'm glad Eddie will have none of it.

They say that all men marry their mothers and Ryan seems to have done that.

Tamra really was pretty in those first seasons but I never realized at the time because her personality was garbage (I'm the hottest HW in the OC and all that) and her dad is quite a looker too.

Simon got Ryan into a very hard to get into Mercedes Benz mechanic's school and Ryan could not deal with having to go to work and start in the parts department.  Also, Simon paid Ryan's rent before he moved back in after mechanic's school. 

Simon was the one getting the kids ready for school because Tamra suffered from depression, he made the breakfasts and packed their lunches and took the kids to school.  VIcki even mentioned one time that Tamra didn't get out of bed until 9:00 am and then she went to the gym and had her nails done. 

To me the irony is, now Tamra is married to the peacock, who she supports with a gym and all the various things he does for his own fitness regime.  Eddie seems very comfortable calling her mega earnings from the show their money. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Simon got Ryan into a very hard to get into Mercedes Benz mechanic's school and Ryan could not deal with having to go to work and start in the parts department.  Also, Simon paid Ryan's rent before he moved back in after mechanic's school. 

Simon was the one getting the kids ready for school because Tamra suffered from depression, he made the breakfasts and packed their lunches and took the kids to school.  VIcki even mentioned one time that Tamra didn't get out of bed until 9:00 am and then she went to the gym and had her nails done. 

To me the irony is, now Tamra is married to the peacock, who she supports with a gym and all the various things he does for his own fitness regime.  Eddie seems very comfortable calling her mega earnings from the show their money. 

When did Tamra suffer from depression? Was she on the show already?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

When did Tamra suffer from depression? Was she on the show already?

Apparently, the show cured her depression.  At one time Simon use to write blogs for Bravo, they were chock full of information.  I think she may have touched on her struggles with mental illness when she gave her speech at the women's group.   Here is an example and she stayed in bed for a month after some situation with Gretchen:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-5/blogs/drifting-apart

• Love 5

Ummm, Meghan.....you start shit, you get shit....even if you are 7 months pregnant.  ??

Tamra is just a horrible, horrible mother.  

I loved Shannons, "You have to be alert or people will hit you....or Sophie will hit you". ????

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I did think he was much younger than 21. He looked smaller than full grown man. Shrug. That little flashback makes him look 15. I wasn't aware of his exact age or when the exact year was when tamra joined. I was only going by what I saw and he looked like a young teen to me

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Ok I'm just going to say upfront, I hate Simon. When he and Tamara were together it was always a race as to which I thought was a bigger piece of shit. I think he was an ass who absolutely did not want to deal with his new wife's lazy, stupid, trashy teenage son. I think he absolutely encouraged Ryan not to be around when he and Tamara first got married and only dealt with Ryan as much as we saw because a camera was there. I think he wanted good things for Ryan in a theoretical sense, but had no interest in dealing with a surly teenager or a hapless young man. But I also think Tamara got pregnant on purpose so Simon would marry her and I think she willingly sacrificed her son for a step up in life via Simon.

Annnnnnd I think all of that was what Ryan meant when he said he has had many moments where he feels for the guy. I think Sarah is a lot like Tamara and Ryan is realizing she saw a guy who could give her a step up in life and did what she had to do to get a nice condo and a new car in The OC. Ryan is finding himself with a woman he doesn't love who doesn't love him and a bunch of step-kids who have probably been down the Uncle/Daddy path before and have some issues from growing up with a mom who has no interest in anyone other then herself. I think Ryan is realizing that Simon wasn't just an asshole. He was an asshole in a bad situation trying to be the best asshole he could be. 

Basically all the adults Ryan has ever known are horrible, selfish, immature, cruel idiots. Good luck with that, Ryan. You're so screwed. 

Love this. Yup. Pretty much sums it up. 

("Trying to be the best asshole he could be"!) lollolollollo lol

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Cold! Lol

If I had to kick my kid out after a side eye. He would have been gone a long time ago.

In all seriousness, being a step parent is a huge endeavor and I think that Simon was poor, Imo.

what do you mean by Sara is just like Tamra?

I'm exaggerating of course but how are you going to disrespect the person that pays your bills when your own parent won't even do that? Ok, I understand the teen years and all but Tamra needed to have Simon's back on the discipline and not coddle her son. She has made him into a weak worthless man with few real job prospects (and I do not count being a third tier Bravolebrity as a real career choice) Children, like Ryan, can divide and conquer a couple by setting them against each other while they sit back and watch.

Ryan married a single mom with three kids (no shame just a fact) and now has his own kid making four children total, a little like Tamra in reverse but still...

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I'm exaggerating of course but how are you going to disrespect the person that pays your bills when your own parent won't even do that? Ok, I understand the teen years and all but Tamra needed to have Simon's back on the discipline and not coddle her son. She has made him into a weak worthless man with few real job prospects (and I do not count being a third tier Bravolebrity as a real career choice)

Ryan married a single mom with three kids (no shame just a fact) and now has his own kid making four children total, a little like Tamra in reverse but still...

Gotcha.

at least he is cognizant that he took on a real challenge.

13 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Ok I'm just going to say upfront, I hate Simon. When he and Tamara were together it was always a race as to which I thought was a bigger piece of shit. I think he was an ass who absolutely did not want to deal with his new wife's lazy, stupid, trashy teenage son. I think he absolutely encouraged Ryan not to be around when he and Tamara first got married and only dealt with Ryan as much as we saw because a camera was there. I think he wanted good things for Ryan in a theoretical sense, but had no interest in dealing with a surly teenager or a hapless young man. But I also think Tamara got pregnant on purpose so Simon would marry her and I think she willingly sacrificed her son for a step up in life via Simon.

Annnnnnd I think all of that was what Ryan meant when he said he has had many moments where he feels for the guy. I think Sarah is a lot like Tamara and Ryan is realizing she saw a guy who could give her a step up in life and did what she had to do to get a nice condo and a new car in The OC. Ryan is finding himself with a woman he doesn't love who doesn't love him and a bunch of step-kids who have probably been down the Uncle/Daddy path before and have some issues from growing up with a mom who has no interest in anyone other then herself. I think Ryan is realizing that Simon wasn't just an asshole. He was an asshole in a bad situation trying to be the best asshole he could be. 

Basically all the adults Ryan has ever known are horrible, selfish, immature, cruel idiots. Good luck with that, Ryan. You're so screwed. 

Great!

yep, Simon was an asshole trying to be the best asshole he could be! 

Best description ever.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I did think he was much younger than 21. He looked smaller than full grown man. Shrug. That little flashback makes him look 15. I wasn't aware of his exact age or when the exact year was when tamra joined. I was only going by what I saw and he looked like a young teen to me

He certainly looked much younger than he does now, and acted even younger. I just wanted to point out that far from being a poor widdle boy, he was a grown ass man treating his step father and mother like his personal servants whose purpose in life was to take care of him. Sadly the only thing that appears to have changed is his looks, and the step father. Not much else. Oh, other than now Tamra and Eddie are likely financially looking after his daughter, and to a certain extent his own step children. I am sure if Ryan was employed Tamra would tell us, since she went on and on about the job he had at the gym. Which of course she handed to him. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Oh Tamra, you poor little thing.  Using your daughter for attention again.  I hope you are dead to her.  

Yeah.  Kind of hard to feel sorry for her when she is using the daughter -- the daughter who does not want the attention of being on TV.

That whole thing just seemed so forced -- more of the Tamra Redemption Tour.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

How old is Ryan?

Does Megan work?  I really don't see the need for a nanny if she doesn't but I guess if you're a Housewife in the OC you're expected to have one.  Megan mentioned them selling their OC house & downsizing.  I'd rather see that than her fake entertaining Kelly.  What's with Megan's different hairstyles/ haircolors?  I barely recognized her in one TH.  (I know the TH'S are added later, but she looked different in one of the previews.)

Why didn't Kelly bring her daughter to the birthday party?  

I'm pretty sure I saw Jolie right behind Kelly when they arrived at the party, so I do think she was there.

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Did Peggy have chemo or something else that makes her hair look like shit? Cuz it does. It looks fine in her TH's, but it looks stringy and weird in every other scene. I am kind of enjoying her deadpan affect juxtaposed against the histrionics of the others. 

Having both of your tits cut off is hard on your body.  

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Not everyone drives a small to midsized sedan.  My imaginary children would be learning to drive in my SUV because ain't no 15 year old driving my convertible.  My niece is 15 right now and after driving school I'm assuming she'll be practicing in my sister's truck or my mom's SUV because it's doubtful my BIL is letting her behind the wheel of his Shelby.  When I practiced outside of driving school it was in my aunt's minivan because my mom's sedan was a stick and I would ave destroyed the clutch before getting around the block.  

• Love 2

Tamara just doesn't get it, her daughter wants nothing to do with this show and Tamara cannot stop talking about her on camera.  What was that dinner she was making that speech that it took 3 people to get her thru it?

Vicki telling new girl that she can call her for anything, no matter what...new girl believing it and being touched, um I call BS on it, new girl has had to watch the show before, she must have gotten some sense of who Vicki is. Nobody signs on to this show blind.

Why do all of the expensive sports cars new girl and guy have look like Cruella DeVille would drive them? 

Kelly is boring.

Megan has a nanny for status and for making cheese platters.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She seems to be fumbling with the truth.

I also caught on the disparity.

The one thing struck me was the surgery was described as recent.  And then she's in the surgeon's office talking reconstruction?  I thought the optimum time to do that is 6 months to a year after surgery, with surgeons leaning toward a year after.  Was it really that recent?  It was recent enough that Lydia was told not to hug her.  And then they filmed the husband and Peggy talking about her surgery as if it was some pre-surgery flashback.  Was she being filmed before the surgery or was that a setup ?