Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: We Have A New Puppet Master

• Start Topic

On 8/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, Former Nun said:

Hey...be nice.  Where I live, that's what child support, welfare, and pawn shops are for.  Food stamps too if you can manage to sell 'em.

...and wasn't that with the STRONG encouragement of his mother?

Lol! So true! Hey at least they're putting their welfare money back into the economy...small businesses:  tatoo parlors, pawn shops, hair extensions! 

Ryan is gross...lazy, unappreciative, unmotivated. But knows how to find good women to hook up with on Instagram. Lol! What low level of IQ does one need to hook up with a single mom of 6 kids (sarah) and not use preventative measures to assure she doesnt get pregnant AGAIN by you? 

• Love 6

I checked the schedule at Cut Fitness and it seems like Eddie teaches one or two classes a day but only in the evening. In fact, all the classes are offered either at 9 or 10 am, or after 5 pm- nothing through the middle of the day. Saw no classes with Tamra- she is mentioned as the co-founder but that's all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, WireWrap said:

Zoeysmom posted a link on Peggy's thread that features her brother, who does not speak with an accent! Which means that most likely, Peggy is playing it up/faking it. LOL

If it means she doesn't have to talk to Vicki or Kelly, I do not blame her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I checked the schedule at Cut Fitness and it seems like Eddie teaches one or two classes a day but only in the evening. In fact, all the classes are offered either at 9 or 10 am, or after 5 pm- nothing through the middle of the day. Saw no classes with Tamra- she is mentioned as the co-founder but that's all. 

How is this dirt not being dug up BY Bravo FOR Bravo? This franchise is dying a slow painful death so BRING IT BRAVO. This is interestingting and watchable. 

Edited by chenoa333
Spelling
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think it is pretty common, depending on the type of gym and location to not have a lot of classes in the middle of the day.  The 24 Hour Fitness next door to my old office had most of their classes before or after work and a couple at lunch time.  The yoga studios in West LA and WeHo have more classes in the middle of the day because their clientele is either housewives that don't work or mactors  working the late shift at SUR.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2017 at 6:34 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I was not a Simon fan, but I tended to take his side in the Ryan issues, because Ryan was so entitled and lazy.  Simon was not his dad, yet he seemed to expect Simon to take care of him.  And Tamra would often play them against each other.  

Refresh my memory - how much of Simon's fall from grace at FJ was due to bad publicity from Tamra's antics on the show?  I remember reading on TWOP years ago that he was a distraction.  I think even the best of marriages would be tested by reality TV, but these two were doomed.  Eddie seems to have really calmed Tamra down.

I respect your perspective. I don't think Eddie has "calmed Tamra down". He just doesn't protest Tamra's choice of clothing, choice of vulgar speech or Tamra's choice of any inappropriate behavior that would/will affect any of her children's lives. Eddie does not (and most likely will not ever have) kids. So nothing Tamra says or does affects him.And Tamra is the breadwinner in the relationship so Eddie is wise to STFU.

• Love 7

You know, it dawned on me today how much of a dickhead move it was for Simon to get the other kids' names tattooed and not Ryan's name. I mean, can you imagine? Ryan was there before any of the other kids. When Simon married Tamra, he was essentially agreeing to take Ryan on as a son of his own (that's part of being a step parent), then your Stepdad and Mom have their own bio kids, and the Stepdad gets a tattoo for each one while he leaves you out of it. What a clear message Simon sent - "You're not one of my real children, you don't matter." And then for Ryan to bring it up and for Simon to respond, "On the bottom of my foot?" Wow, it's really quite cruel. I think it's easy to overlook how nasty this whole thing is because Ryan did behave like an entitled brat, but when you really think it through, it's quite awful of Simon. And, yes, he was the "adult" in the situation, so he should know better.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

You know, it dawned on me today how much of a dickhead move it was for Simon to get the other kids' names tattooed and not Ryan's name. I mean, can you imagine? Ryan was there before any of the other kids. When Simon married Tamra, he was essentially agreeing to take Ryan on as a son of his own (that's part of being a step parent), then your Stepdad and Mom have their own bio kids, and the Stepdad gets a tattoo for each one while he leaves you out of it. What a clear message Simon sent - "You're not one of my real children, you don't matter." And then for Ryan to bring it up and for Simon to respond, "On the bottom of my foot?" Wow, it's really quite cruel. I think it's easy to overlook how nasty this whole thing is because Ryan did behave like an entitled brat, but when you really think it through, it's quite awful of Simon. And, yes, he was the "adult" in the situation, so he should know better.

Maybe Ryan's bio father has Ryan's name tattooed on him? 

Man Ryan looks ROUGH..in tge flashback, he looked somewhat normal, but now he looks exactly like a garden gnome...I honestly find him hard to look at...like seriously, cant watch him

• Love 1
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I respect your perspective. I don't think Eddie has "calmed Tamra down". He just doesn't protest Tamra's choice of clothing, choice of vulgar speech or Tamra's choice of any inappropriate behavior that would/will affect any of her children's lives. Eddie does not (and most likely will not ever have) kids. So nothing Tamra says or does affects him.And Tamra is the breadwinner in the relationship so Eddie is wise to STFU.

And mostly this...the BOLDING.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think it is pretty common, depending on the type of gym and location to not have a lot of classes in the middle of the day.

There are EOS Fitness franchises in my area.  They might cost as little as $9/mo.   The shops in the strip malls are NOT happy because those gyms (some with pools) are busy 24/7 and the patrons take up most of the parking.  In one lot there's an imaging center (CT scans, MRIs, etc.) next door to an EOS and patients often have to walk too far now.  Even the handicapped spots are taken by gym rats.  We thought EOS was a fad, but they've been open over a year.  We (who no longer work) continue to ask, "Don't these people have JOBS???"

The thing that bugged about Tamra the most for me was her crying about her mother not coming to her event. She's so incredibly self absorbed that she can't imagine why her Mom wouldn't want to come to a blame fest where she has a starring role and Dad's there with her ex BFF now his wife. Tamra seems not capable of seeing situations from any viewpoint but her own me first mentality. And maybe Mom would like to have a relationship with her grandchildren that have Simon as a father and sees that this shitshow isn't going to help that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

The thing that bugged about Tamra the most for me was her crying about her mother not coming to her event.

One would think that after all these YEARS as a TV-lebrity, she'd be able to squeeze out a few tears when she pretends to weep.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

How about something as simple as Simon was not Ryan' father?  Ryan had an involved father. It would be kind of a slap to Ryan's dad.All I can think of is if Leann Rimes had Eddie's kids' named tattooed anywhere. Brandi would start a war. Ryan has a father and it is not Simon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

How about something as simple as Simon was not Ryan' father?  Ryan had an involved father. It would be kind of a slap to Ryan's dad.All I can think of is if Leann Rimes had Eddie's kids' named tattooed anywhere. Brandi would start a war. Ryan has a father and it is not Simon.

Then why not say that in response to Ryan's question about the tattoo? "You have an involved father, and I don't want to overstep my boundaries, I'm sorry if it made you feel excluded." Or how about not getting the names of your kids tattooed if you can't get them all done? I mean, sending Ryan away, getting all of the others kids names tattooed on you and then "joking" his tattoo will be on the bottom of his foot? It's just not a good look.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Then why not say that in response to Ryan's question about the tattoo? "You have an involved father, and I don't want to overstep my boundaries, I'm sorry if it made you feel excluded." Or how about not getting the names of your kids tattooed if you can't get them all done? I mean, sending Ryan away, getting all of the others kids names tattooed on you and then "joking" his tattoo will be on the bottom of his foot? It's just not a good look.

Here is my thing when you marry someone with children from another marriage your presence in the children's life is usually tied to the marriage.  If they divorce the relationship with the children usually goes by the wayside.  I think it was a stupid answer and a stupid question between adults.  Then again these shows idle at stupid conversations.   

What’s funny about Vicki is how she used to haze all the new girls and put them in their place, and now she doesn’t do that anymore.  You see in that flashback scene she was all bad and tough at the lunch going after Gretchen with the old team of Lori, Tamra, and Jeana all backing her.  She was the OG with all the friends in her corner going after young hot Gretchen.  She did the same thing with Lizzie, that shit over calling her Izzie and pretending to not know her name was so rude.  But now she has no OG friends, no mean girl group to back her up, her Pink Ladies have all jumped ship, so she has to grovel and suck up to new people like Kelly Dodd and Peggy.  I don’t believe she actually likes either one of them, and if she had Tamra, or Shannon or anyone else to be her girl gang back up, she would be going after these new women just like she has done in the past.  Vicki is a coward who goes after the easy targets.  Notice she never pulled this shit with Heather.

Her clothes were too short, her jokes were gross, she was being a bad mom, her friends needed to be gone, her son was a loser. I mean, he seemed to hate everything about her. The first few seasons he was fine, but when he became jealous of Vicki and competitive and made Tamra choose between them, I had to question his intelligence. I don't think he is the smartest guy in the room.

If you were to go back and rewatch this season - there is a lot of manipulation happening by Vicki with Tamra and Simon's marriage.  It was actually Vicki who was competitive and wanted Tamra to choose her over Simon.  There was one scene where Tamra whined to Vicki "But he's my HUSBAND Vicki" and Vicki was like "I don't care, I'M your friend".  It was very Dangerous Liasons-esque.  Weird.  If you look at the big picture, what Tamra and Simon were really fighting over was the show, and the show won.

When Tamra first came on the show, it was explained that Ryan had been living somewhere else, and was just moving back in that week (presumable for the show!). I got the impression that after he turned 18 they had a lot of problems with him, probably he was not going to college, had no job, and was using up resources in the house, coming home late, etc. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Then why not say that in response to Ryan's question about the tattoo? "You have an involved father, and I don't want to overstep my boundaries, I'm sorry if it made you feel excluded."

On another day--in another conversation that probably could have happened...but if one antagonizes, expect the worst.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

On another day--in another conversation that probably could have happened...but if one antagonizes, expect the worst.

Yes.  But it still makes Ryan a pretty shitty person. 

I can't remember, dies Tamra's other kids even live with her now? Besides the daughter who won't talk to her?

1 hour ago, FamilyVan said:

What’s funny about Vicki is how she used to haze all the new girls and put them in their place, and now she doesn’t do that anymore.  You see in that flashback scene she was all bad and tough at the lunch going after Gretchen with the old team of Lori, Tamra, and Jeana all backing her.  She was the OG with all the friends in her corner going after young hot Gretchen.  She did the same thing with Lizzie, that shit over calling her Izzie and pretending to not know her name was so rude.  But now she has no OG friends, no mean girl group to back her up, her Pink Ladies have all jumped ship, so she has to grovel and suck up to new people like Kelly Dodd and Peggy.  I don’t believe she actually likes either one of them, and if she had Tamra, or Shannon or anyone else to be her girl gang back up, she would be going after these new women just like she has done in the past.  Vicki is a coward who goes after the easy targets.  Notice she never pulled this shit with Heather.

She was fine with Shannon and Lydia in her first go round. There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to Vicki's hazing targets ha

If you were Ryan's stepfather, would you want his name tattooed on your body? I think not. If we all know what a piece of shit Ryan is based on what little exposure we've had to him, imagine what people who are actually in his life have experienced.

• Love 4

Shannon - you're still fat and a control freak. NOT surprising your husband isn't into you. SO dramatic. You went to USC - the university of spoiled children - NOT surprised you're such a beyotch.

Peggy - get a sense of humor, get over yourself, and do something about your fried hair. You're REALLY unattractive, and your husband is homely.

Vicki (aka Miss Piggy) - Your reaching out to Peggy is SO phony. Typical for you.

Lydia - You're effing clueless, and your mother is a TOTAL ditz.

Kelly - You're such a low life, and you're REALLY unattractive.

I miss Quinn and her wigs. That kook was fascinating. The new crop has been so dark. And trashy. But speaking of trashy...I also loved peggy going to the shooting range in her tacky fredricks of Hollywood chain top, and bragging about her Bentley. actually looking forward to seeing that gold-digger Gretchen. :)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

If you were to go back and rewatch this season - there is a lot of manipulation happening by Vicki with Tamra and Simon's marriage.  It was actually Vicki who was competitive and wanted Tamra to choose her over Simon.  There was one scene where Tamra whined to Vicki "But he's my HUSBAND Vicki" and Vicki was like "I don't care, I'M your friend".  It was very Dangerous Liasons-esque.  Weird.  If you look at the big picture, what Tamra and Simon were really fighting over was the show, and the show won.

I agree.  At first glance, Vicki seemed harmless, but she was such a ridiculous person she WAS fun to watch.  Her mean side was not pleasant and it was brought out front and center when she partnered up with Tamra.

She was also mean to Lynn when she was the new girl.  She started ripping on the other ladies behind their backs, Laurie, then Jeanna and when she was awful to Jeanna who was her friend, we saw the true Vicki G colors come out. Jeanna made the mistake of being friends with Simon and Vicki was still mad at her over a real estate deal.  

She was nasty toward Don, and she could also be rude to her own mother.

We had to endure the Vicki/Tamra team vs Gretchen/Slade fights. She couldn't stand Alexis, until she started to feel iced out by Tamra/Heather.  Next, was picking on Lizzie.  Her relationship with Megan didn't go too well either.

Her selection of Brooks as a boyfriend and her unwillingness to leave him over time, knowing he was not who she thought she was, tells me a great deal about Vicki.  

She had no choice but to be nice to Kelly and new Peggy if she wanted any screen time.

Let's not forget her frequent snarking about how she works, damn it...therefore you are a sad excuse for a woman if you don't work outside the home...(but I secretly wish I had a wealthy sugar daddy so I could live a life of leisure!)

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I agree.  At first glance, Vicki seemed harmless, but she was such a ridiculous person she WAS fun to watch.  Her mean side was not pleasant and it was brought out front and center when she partnered up with Tamra.

She was also mean to Lynn when she was the new girl.  She started ripping on the other ladies behind their backs, Laurie, then Jeanna and when she was awful to Jeanna who was her friend, we saw the true Vicki G colors come out. Jeanna made the mistake of being friends with Simon and Vicki was still mad at her over a real estate deal.  

She was nasty toward Don, and she could also be rude to her own mother.

We had to endure the Vicki/Tamra team vs Gretchen/Slade fights. She couldn't stand Alexis, until she started to feel iced out by Tamra/Heather.  Next, was picking on Lizzie.  Her relationship with Megan didn't go too well either.

Her selection of Brooks as a boyfriend and her unwillingness to leave him over time, knowing he was not who she thought she was, tells me a great deal about Vicki.  

She had no choice but to be nice to Kelly and new Peggy if she wanted any screen time.

Let's not forget her frequent snarking about how she works, damn it...therefore you are a sad excuse for a woman if you don't work outside the home...(but I secretly wish I had a wealthy sugar daddy so I could live a life of leisure!)

I'll never forget Vickie doing a talking head in the first episode of the 4th or 5th season saying something like, "Jeanna asked to borrow money from me, but I said no." What a piece of shit. Vickie is just a crap human being. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Maybe Simon has Ryan's name tattooed on his inner lip?  

Lol! I doubt it. Grandma Tamra would only allow that if Simon had "Tamra" tattooed there first. I wonder if Baby Ryan did learn a skill while growing up with Tammy....meth cook? JK! 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 8:48 AM, ivygirl said:

You know, I thought Eeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone's the master...

I don't think Peggy's fake. I feel for her and can totally get behind what you're saying. <3

However, I do think VICKI is fake and is milking this for her own sketchy, self-serving purposes. Which makes Vicki's faux stance as the Patron Saint of Cancer Casseroles all the more gross.

I hope the cameras are there when Vicki arrives, casserole in hand, to babysit. I somehow feel like I'll be waiting a long time.

Didn't Peggy say she came to America when she was one year old? Why, then, is she acting like she is a new immigrant and not understanding common English phrases? I also had to laugh at her acting like she didn't like petty things when she is having a party for a car. I can't tell if she is as dumb as she acts or not. After reading about her homophobia and wanting to keep her brother from her father's funeral because he was gay, I think she is just as vile as Vicki.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 7:24 AM, LIMOM said:

Same here. She and Diko(how the hell do you even go thru life with that name, but whatever) seem like lovely people so far.

they have money and a decent family, why jinx it?

I would rather see Alexis Bellini than the new chick and Lydia.

As far as Kelly, I actually find her funny. Yes, she is crude as heck but she fits l'air du temps.

I don't miss Heather whatsoever and get my fix of Terry via botched which is a nice show, imo.

Some people have mentionned the Oklahoma show. It rocks!

Nice, funny and interresting people, one can root for. My very fave right now.

While I agree wholeheartly that everyone handles their life differently, I tend to agree that Peggy does not belong on tv.

His name is actually Dickran, a not uncommon Armenian name.  I'm presuming "Diko" is some sort of diminutive or Americanization of Dickran.

Edited by Anne Thrax
On 8/1/2017 at 8:29 AM, VedaPierce said:

Yes! Agree. I remember simon going out on a limb and getting him a job at his place (btw, when someone gets you a job, and you suck, you make them look terrible!) and he was ungrateful, bored, not a model employee! But by then I think it was too late. Ryan was lost. It's a shame. And it's actually on Ryan now to get his shit together! Lots of people come from worse, and fight their bad upbringing to become awesome people. I'm just sorry for his lost potential. And what could have been, had tamra been able to be a better mom. 

And that tattoo scene made me sad. Because if that had been my kid asking about his name, his place in his new stepfather's life, and he got that response...I would feel devasted. 

That's what you get when you're born to a 14 year old.  I know because I was born to a 16 year old (and her husband, my 19 year old father).  And I was their second child in less than 2 years.  I'm more fortunate than Ryan because my father raised me and my brother after my mother took off for a more exciting life.  I can't imagine how fucked up I'd be right now had my whore mother been the one to raise us.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

That's what you get when you're born to a 14 year old.  I know because I was born to a 16 year old (and her husband, my 19 year old father).  And I was their second child in less than 2 years.  I'm more fortunate than Ryan because my father raised me and my brother after my mother took off for a more exciting life.  I can't imagine how fucked up I'd be right now had my whore mother been the one to raise us.

I'm happy for you that you were raised by your father and do not have scars that run deep. Even tho Tamra is crying and overly emotional about her daughter sadly;  I feel that some of her act it attempts at audience manipulation and her storyline. 

• Love 2
On 8/1/2017 at 12:59 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Kelly Dodd isn't just gross, as stated earlier.  She's really, really, really incredibly & astonishingly cruel.  Her cruelty is ugly to watch.  She & Vicks are 2 peas in an awful pod.  

Kelly Dodd is one of the meanest women in the whole franchise. She makes Kyle Richards look angelic.