Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, LilJen said:

Classic. Jana does all the work, Jessa just videos it and posts it on social media.

The video was very short. Jessa hopefully was keeping an eye on Spurgeon.  Jana may not need help.

6 hours ago, LilJen said:

Classic. Jana does all the work, Jessa just videos it and posts it on social media.

This is probably the only reason I like Jana. True she could be a bitch and we don't know it. But she's always being shown working. Here's a picture of Jana doing all the work. That bridal shower where Jana was working on bridesmaids dresses while everyone else sat around. Being the one stuck doing all the fixing on the bridesmaids dress. The one who fixed Kendra's wedding dress on the wedding. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger stop doing stuff around the house when they started courting (Joy probably did but I haven't seen her episodes). Having to go with Jill when Jill wanted to be midwife. The many times a Lost Girl asked Michelle for something only to be told to go find Jana. Constantly having a baby or being filmed with children. Even when she goes on a trip she ends up stuck holding a baby. All the times we've seen her working on 19 Kids or the new show. Is there anything she doesn't do? Does she ever get a break? Is she allowed to say no? Does she ever get sick and tired at having to do so much? Do any of her siblings ever give her a break? If I knew my sister was the workhorse at home I'd finding reasons for her to work less or inviting her over for breaks not adding to it. Does she ever get a day off? Does she ever go to Jessa's or Jill's to chill or is it always to work and take care of their kids? Does she ever go out to lunch with friends and no kids?

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

... If I knew my sister was the workhorse at home I'd finding reasons for her to work less or inviting her over for breaks not adding to it. Does she ever get a day off? Does she ever go to Jessa's or Jill's to chill or is it always to work and take care of their kids? Does she ever go out to lunch with friends and no kids?

As far as the show has shown, the only time Jana goes to her sisters' homes is to help. They've shown her helping Jill cook and Jessa clean out a closet. She has helped with all the different moves and decorating.

50 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The video was very short. Jessa hopefully was keeping an eye on Spurgeon.  Jana may not need help.

It's a garden, there's always something to be done. 

• Love 6

I was about to add, no, I can't think of a time I've seen Jana doing anything with her sisters just for fun. Whenever she's summoned to their homes, it's always to do DIY projects, baby-sit, or help pack for a trip. Even when they go to Magnolia, you get the sense she's along more so to play nanny than have a fun girls' weekend. 

Unfortunately for her, I don't think she has the strength to say "no." She reminds me a lot of Michael Bates. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was about to add, no, I can't think of a time I've seen Jana doing anything with her sisters just for fun. Whenever she's summoned to their homes, it's always to do DIY projects, baby-sit, or help pack for a trip. Even when they go to Magnolia, you get the sense she's along more so to play nanny than have a fun girls' weekend. 

Unfortunately for her, I don't think she has the strength to say "no." She reminds me a lot of Michael Bates. 

I don't think it is a strength issue for Jana.  Jana reminds me a lot of my younger self being the oldest daughter of parents with some emotional issues.  I went along with a lot of things my mother wanted because it was not worth the effort to fight it.  I held a lot in until it almost broke my 17 year old self.  The fact that Jana has not snapped shows me that she has a lot more emotional fortitude than I ever had. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Vaysh said:

At first I genuinely thought it was Jill in the first pic/video still which is weird because I've never thought Jill and Jana look anything alike.

Jana looks like she's lost weight and her face has thinned out. I think that's why there's a resemblance to Jill when there's never been one before.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jana looks like she's lost weight and her face has thinned out. I think that's why there's a resemblance to Jill when there's never been one before.

She is nearing 30 and that baby fat is probably going away. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

A few seasons ago, there was speculation that Jana was "tomato staked" to her parents for some reason.  Did we every find out why?

I never heard of that. 

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

A few seasons ago, there was speculation that Jana was "tomato staked" to her parents for some reason.  Did we every find out why?

As far as I know, there has been endless speculation about why Jana isn't married and still lives at home. There is no real answer to this. I always hope that she has a say in whether she is married or not. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

This is probably the only reason I like Jana. True she could be a bitch and we don't know it. But she's always being shown working. Here's a picture of Jana doing all the work. That bridal shower where Jana was working on bridesmaids dresses while everyone else sat around. Being the one stuck doing all the fixing on the bridesmaids dress. The one who fixed Kendra's wedding dress on the wedding. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger stop doing stuff around the house when they started courting (Joy probably did but I haven't seen her episodes). Having to go with Jill when Jill wanted to be midwife. The many times a Lost Girl asked Michelle for something only to be told to go find Jana. Constantly having a baby or being filmed with children. Even when she goes on a trip she ends up stuck holding a baby. All the times we've seen her working on 19 Kids or the new show. Is there anything she doesn't do? Does she ever get a break? Is she allowed to say no? Does she ever get sick and tired at having to do so much? Do any of her siblings ever give her a break? If I knew my sister was the workhorse at home I'd finding reasons for her to work less or inviting her over for breaks not adding to it. Does she ever get a day off? Does she ever go to Jessa's or Jill's to chill or is it always to work and take care of their kids? Does she ever go out to lunch with friends and no kids?

This is all for filming, I fear. JB is desperate to get her married off. I don't think she does any more than anyone else....she is instructed to get busy for the filmed sales-pitch. Remember,JB is the ultimate huckster. Jana is just like all the others, only not married, and JB is disturbed by it. And he knows that a Jana wedding will be a big teevee event cuz the "fans" have waited so long.

Her garden is nothing more than those of people I know who work full-time jobs, raise kids, and garden on the weekends. Not impressed.

• Love 11
On 6/3/2018 at 8:39 PM, LilJen said:

This is an advertisement that Jana is available as I see it. Look at Jana, all the wonderful things she does day in day out, blah, blah, blah. They are trying to get her a man with all these pictures.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, drafan said:

This is all for filming, I fear. JB is desperate to get her married off. I don't think she does any more than anyone else....she is instructed to get busy for the filmed sales-pitch. Remember,JB is the ultimate huckster. Jana is just like all the others, only not married, and JB is disturbed by it. And he knows that a Jana wedding will be a big teevee event cuz the "fans" have waited so long.

Her garden is nothing more than those of people I know who work full-time jobs, raise kids, and garden on the weekends. Not impressed.

Oops I didn't read your comment before I typed mine but we are of the same mind that these are set up to marry Jana off. Boob needs to get her married for ratings. Nothing else is going on....well except Josiah getting married but he doesn't bring in ratings like a Jana getting married would. Yep, she will be getting set up sooner than later. I doubt Boob wants to be another Steve Maxwell keeping his daughters unmarried  home forever.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, cdp73 said:

And because of these things, if she is a bitch, she deserves to be one.  Poor girl didn't even get to be alone in the womb, much less in the world.

Heh, that's true! And of course, Mechelle knew that it was Jana who was kicking her while in the womb - she had it out for Jana since the beginning.

• Love 15
On 6/4/2018 at 11:37 AM, BitterApple said:

She is also at a weird angle and it looks like she's wearing little to no makeup, which makes her look "different".

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The twins and Jason were at Journey to the heart, last week.

I could not imagine being in prison, ever, but to be in prison and have the Duggars show up to minister to me?  I think I'd be like, "Excuse me, you said the Duggars were coming tomorrow?  How do I go about getting confined to solitary for the next 24 hours?"

• Love 24
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I could not imagine being in prison, ever, but to be in prison and have the Duggars show up to minister to me?  I think I'd be like, "Excuse me, you said the Duggars were coming tomorrow?  How do I go about getting confined to solitary for the next 24 hours?"

They probably spent all of fifteen minutes inside the prison before trooping outside to pose for pictures and then heading out to Chick-Fil-A.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

She was probably the chuckwagon/laundress.

She must be engaged!  She's *gasp* holding hands with the guy next to her.  Although with all the other men/boys in dress slacks and tucked in shirts 2 of the duggars look a bit sloppy - imagine that.

• Love 5

I don’t think Jeremiah was in that picture. The untucked shirt guys are Jason and Jed. So easy to pick a Duggar out of a crowd, look for the sloppy ones.

• Love 4

And they have a token black guy too.

Does anyone know how common it is for POC to be part of the Quiverfull/ATI sub-culture? From what I've seen everyone appears to be lily-white aside from a few adopted children and a scattering of people of latin/south American descent, so how did that guy end up among the Gothardites? Do they target immigrants?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

She must be engaged!  She's *gasp* holding hands with the guy next to her.  Although with all the other men/boys in dress slacks and tucked in shirts 2 of the duggars look a bit sloppy - imagine that.

They can't tuck in their shirts, because then they might defraud someone by have their groin region on display. (vomit)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, kalamac said:

They can't tuck in their shirts, because then they might defraud someone by have their groin region on display. (vomit)

I really, really hope you're wrong but that sounds oddly logical in Duggarspeak

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Does anyone know how common it is for POC to be part of the Quiverfull/ATI sub-culture? From what I've seen everyone appears to be lily-white aside from a few adopted children and a scattering of people of latin/south American descent, so how did that guy end up among the Gothardites? Do they target immigrants?

I’d be interested to know more about this too.  The fundie cult i used to be in had a very high percentage of people from India, and otherwise was completely white.  I was really never sure what the connection was. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’d be interested to know more about this too.  The fundie cult i used to be in had a very high percentage of people from India, and otherwise was completely white.  I was really never sure what the connection was. 

The cult must have had missionaries in India.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Vaysh said:

According to the IBLP webpage, and everything I've ever heard, Gothardites haven't had any African outreach. They've mostly sent people to the Pacific and Asia (like the Wallers to Mongolia), with some activity in Mexico and eastern Europe. 

As their international ministries on the web page, they list Australia, Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Taiwan. 

https://iblp.org/about-iblp/what-we-do/international-ministries

12 hours ago, Vaysh said:

To my eyes, there is a strain of white supremacy that runs through this movement.  I don't see many African-Americans especially ones raised in the south adhering to their beliefs.   I have a feeling that the token black guy is probably from a northern state or from California.  Southern blacks had to develop their own churches and they don't seem to mix with white churches.  They can have shared beliefs, but they play out differently.  In my area the churches with mixed congregations are my Catholic church, and the newer non-denominational churches.  Even then, the blacks that attend are rarely from the south.  They were raised in areas that do not have a strong African-American church culture.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, SMama said:

I don’t think Jeremiah was in that picture. The untucked shirt guys are Jason and Jed. So easy to pick a Duggar out of a crowd, look for the sloppy ones.

Aw, I don't think they look bad at all.  They look more like other guys their age.  Lots of them wear their dress shirts like that.  Personally, I think Jed looks the best in the picture.  Their shoes/boots could definitely use some attention, tho. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Normades said:

They look more like other guys their age.  Lots of them wear their dress shirts like that.  Personally, I think Jed looks the best in the picture.  Their shoes/boots could definitely use some attention, tho. 

I'm not a huge fan of the untucked look, but I agree with you that the untucked guys look age-appropriate.  I look at those guys with their shirts tucked into their khakis and think, "Those poor dorks . . . they are dressed like my 50-something husband."

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7

A couple of the older Bates girls  (Erin and another...Tori, maybe?) went to Peru with Gothard several years ago. However, I don't recall any outreach to South America since. 

Remember when JB was missioncationing and tried to brag to a local woman that he had 19 kids (or was it 18?) and she replied that she had (a similarly large number of kids) but (an alarming large number) had died? My guess is that kind of culture clash makes Gothardism a difficult sell where both birthrates and infant mortality are higher. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Haven't some of the Jill Rodrigues family and a Keller family member, been to or live in Africa?

Anna's oldest sister Esther Schrader and her husband live in Zambia as missionaries. She recently gave birth to her 12th kid there. Nurie and David Rodrigues went missioncating in Botswana earlier this year. 

• Love 1

InTouch couldn’t manage to consider the Duggars as humans instead of tabloid fodder, even if it’s existence depended on it.

InTouch publishes shit about Duggar children, but’s it’s okay because: jk, lol.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

InTouch couldn’t manage to consider the Duggars as humans instead of tabloid fodder, even if it’s existence depended on it.

InTouch publishes shit about Duggar children, but’s it’s okay because: jk, lol.

InTouch uncovered the Josh Duggar molestation scandals and published the police reports.  The Tabloid was sued by the Duggars in a multi-million dollar case and won!   InTouch is my hero! 

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A426EF86-A310-4E34-819F-99FC8A4F4CB2.jpeg

Why are the boys in work boots and Jana only has sandals??  I would never trust my brothers enough to wear sandals around them and concrete blocks.  That is how broken toes happen.

• Love 15

I wonder how financing these projects work? Does Jana get a garden allowance? Does she guesstimate the cost and ask JB for money? Does TLC throw in a little if they're filming? Gardening and landscaping can add up.

• Love 4