Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

58F43B47-85FB-499C-9F52-A1027D731BAB.jpeg

Blah.  No excitement or interest sparked here. They’re just putting out another bland post to try and deflect from derelict. 

• Love 2

Jana manages to take care of the TTH and how many people, not to mention raise a garden and chickens, babysit all of the nephews and nieces and yet here she is clean, wearing clean appropriately sized clothing, clean and brushed hair - take note Jill, Joy and Jessa.

• Love 22

I have yet to understand why the Duggars, who seem to LOVE the Gaines', have not set up a garden and home decorating blog for Jana.  She could spin it off to some type of pretty photo type coffee table book  - Seasons in the garden or something and the leghumpers would buy it in droves.  She could maybe do a type of show like the Gaines', only instead of redecorating their house, she goes in and designs gardens for people.  

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

58F43B47-85FB-499C-9F52-A1027D731BAB.jpeg

Yeah, it really is great, I'm sure. She gets to be -- what? -- six feet away from the nearest other Duggar -- who's pointing a camera lens at her. And buy plants for the greater glory of Jizm Boob's and Meeeechelle's big tin house .......And wear -- what is that? -- two skirts? .... (or the famous tacked-on-pillowcase look...)

A fabulous, fabulous summar day out for a single 28-year-old woman. 

6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have yet to understand why the Duggars, who seem to LOVE the Gaines', have not set up a garden and home decorating blog for Jana.  She could spin it off to some type of pretty photo type coffee table book  - Seasons in the garden or something and the leghumpers would buy it in droves.  She could maybe do a type of show like the Gaines', only instead of redecorating their house, she goes in and designs gardens for people.  

She's single. She can't have a blog, can she? 

That's a form of social media -- so  reserved for MARRIED women.

I mean, if you let a WOMAN have such a thing without first having been fully VALIDATED by a fundie-fundie MAN and being placed by Jizm Boob under her new headship's one-on-one control, it would send a VERY bad message to all those other wanna-be-uppity females out there. it wouldn't be complementary! She'd think she was a primary, not a secondary umbrella! JESUS WOULD WEEP!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
(edited)
16 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Did she really sew a modesty chunk of fabric to the bottom of her skirt?  

Sure as heck looks like it. ... .Nobody actually sells a skirt like that, right?   The only other possibility I can think of is that she's wearing a lightweight white skirt under the jean skirt. ... Which would be just as bad. If not worse. 

And yet again -- it's ostentatious "modesty," too.

Just buy a longer skirt, damn it. They sell them. Or if you have to change it, find a hunk of used denim or buy some from the scraps table at the fabric store, maybe machine embroider it a bit, and sew that around there .......If you must be "modest," try for a little beauty or style or quirk or something ... Don't just post a sign about your modesty by throwing an old pillowcase in our faces. 

I don't think Jana's an ostentatious person by nature. But to me this ostentatious faux modesty crap -- like diaper mountain and Jill's "soup" recipes -- is a stupid learned behavior from growing up in the Duggar household...a stupid tic that, like the others, she's swallowed whole and just lives with unthinkingly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

That skirt is one that they've either shared or owned multiples of. Jessa has worn it in the past. Either way, the white hem strip is stupid. It adds only an inch, at most, of extra "modesty." How pedantic can one get?

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, graefin said:

That skirt is one that they've either shared or owned multiples of. Jessa has worn it in the past. Either way, the white hem strip is stupid. It adds only an inch, at most, of extra "modesty." How pedantic can one get?

Truth is, the skirt is a perfectly acceptable length without  the white strip. It looks to be about 2 inches above the knee.  Even I think it’s fine. I’m someone who cringes at the outfits some of my colleagues wear in our office building cause the hemline is closer to the upper thigh than the knee. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, graefin said:

I think it serves the same "purpose' as their other modesty items -- it ADVERTISES their holy modesty. LOUDLY.... It doesn't produce any actual modesty, however. 

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it serves the same "purpose' as their other modesty items -- it ADVERTISES their holy modesty. LOUDLY.... It doesn't produce any actual modesty, however. 

You are completely correct.  I actually wear more fabric than most of the Duggar girls do on a daily basis.  I would never in a million years call my style modest, I just wear what I like.  Maxi skirts and dresses have been popular for years.  Thousands of girls and young women wear them.  The Duggars are not as special as they think they are.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

At this point, I'm pretty sure the stupid extra inch is all Jana. Even if she was to get married tomorrow, I just don't see her suddenly wearing pants anytime soon, if ever. 

Maybe Jana was the one who sewed it on, but I'm sure the edict for its necessity came from Michelle. I mean, do you remember her reaction when Ben and Jessa held hands pre-engagement during *prayer*? Or when Derick and Jill full-frontal hugged instead of side hugged while still courting? "NO, not *THEM*!" <with bug eyes in full force>; "Needless to say, *THAT* won't happen again!" <insert fake smile/laugh here>

• Love 5

Does anyone think Jana is looking reeeeeally skinny these days? She is naturally small, but she looks so thin through the midsection. I reeeeally hope they aren't fat shaming her with weight watchers, or making her diet to attract a headship. 

16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I don’t really like the Gaines, but aren’t they legitimately educated people? None of the Duggars could compare.

• Love 4

Jana's skirt reminds me of one I had in the 1980's during the "prairie" fashion craze.  It was a denim skirt with probably 2 inches of eyelet at the bottom, but it also looked like the middle of it was laced up with the eyelet underneath.  Yeah, luckily it was the 1980's and I wasn't the only one that dressed like that.  Back on subject: Jana should be able to buy plants for her own home, not for Jim Boob and MeChelle.  Or not buy living plants that she needs to take care of and buy silk instead. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

Jana's skirt reminds me of one I had in the 1980's during the "prairie" fashion craze.  It was a denim skirt with probably 2 inches of eyelet at the bottom, but it also looked like the middle of it was laced up with the eyelet underneath.  Yeah, luckily it was the 1980's and I wasn't the only one that dressed like that.  Back on subject: Jana should be able to buy plants for her own home, not for Jim Boob and MeChelle.  Or not buy living plants that she needs to take care of and buy silk instead. 

Oh holy cow, you remind me that I also had a lightweight denim skirt with eyelet at the hem in the 80s. *shudder*

• Love 2
21 hours ago, awaken said:

Blah.  No excitement or interest sparked here. They’re just putting out another bland post to try and deflect from derelict. 

Actually, this is an advertisement for a Fundie mate. Look !! Jana is a gardener ! Quick, Fundie guys ...she's available ! Another season of Counting On is coming up and we need the wedding of the century..... and you could be in it !  Blech.

And no advanced gardener would buy their plants at Home Depot, where the pots dry out all day in the sun, then the after-school worker drowns everything with a hose at around 5 o'clock. No thanks.

That denim skirt is beyond stupid. Just buy a midi one at GW, then hack it off at that Fundie length. Raw hems are in style right now. And while she's hacking, she could hack about a foot off that dry-ended hair.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, drafan said:

And no advanced gardener would buy their plants at Home Depot, where the pots dry out all day in the sun, then the after-school worker drowns everything with a hose at around 5 o'clock. No thanks.

Lulz! That reminds me of a Walmart here in Vegas that puts big displays of impatiens out front where they sit all day in the sun, roasting in 100+ degree heat. They look like lettuce that's been festering in a dumpster for a month.

11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I hope that she is living the life that she wants to live, and that she is happy, but I think my optimism is probably as misplaced with Jana as it was with the others.

I agree. I remember Jana being really snotty and making stink faces when asked about Flame's rap music. She might not be all sunshine and rainbows like we assume. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! That reminds me of a Walmart here in Vegas that puts big displays of impatiens out front where they sit all day in the sun, roasting in 100+ degree heat. They look like lettuce that's been festering in a dumpster for a month.

I agree. I remember Jana being really snotty and making stink faces when asked about Flame's rap music. She might not be all sunshine and rainbows like we assume. 

I'm glad to see I have some company in my opinion of Jana.  I just don't understand all the Jana love.  Not feeling it AT ALL.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Normades said:

I'm glad to see I have some company in my opinion of Jana.  I just don't understand all the Jana love.  Not feeling it AT ALL.

I think she is seen positively because she hasn't done anything offensive yet (her being FUNDY isn't her fault). 

Josh, Jill, Derrick, Jessa...etc have all done/said things that reflect poorly on themselves.  Maybe Jana is just better at hiding her faults since it doesn't seem like she craves the spotlight.

• Love 9

I like the fact that she seems like a fellow introvert, which seems rare in Duggar World, and that she is apparently more private than the rest of the fame whores, which is refreshing. I also like that she seems to have hobbies and friends, though I'm not sure how deep any of that goes.

But she really is a cipher. It wouldn't surprise me if she is just like the others but quieter. Even if she isn't,  I don't think she's a deep intellectual.  The handful of videos I've seen, she seems fairly inarticulate. 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I like the fact that she seems like a fellow introvert, which seems rare in Duggar World, and that she is apparently more private than the rest of the fame whores, which is refreshing. I also like that she seems to have hobbies and friends, though I'm not sure how deep any of that goes.

But she really is a cipher. It wouldn't surprise me if she is just like the others but quieter. Even if she isn't,  I don't think she's a deep intellectual.  The handful of videos I've seen, she seems fairly inarticulate. 

I don’t fault her because of her upbringing. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Zella said:

I agree about the hobbies and friends! In that way, she has the closest to a normal life. I like that she actually does something. It's cool that she knows how to garden, sew, cook, etc. Jill and Jessa blather on about how they are such special Godly housewives that have been trained from birth to do all these things, but suck at them. Jana actually knows how, and just quietly does them without bragging. Isn't that what they're all supposed to do? Jesus first, others second, yourself last? Aren't they supposed to do nice things for others without expecting something (praise) in return? I can have some respect for jana walking the walk of her religious beliefs. Also, the fact that she *seems* to have real friendships with other women her age makes it appear that she might be pleasant. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I don’t fault her because of her upbringing. 

Agreed! I don't fault any of them for the way they are raised in the same way I would hope people wouldn't fault me for the way I was raised. They can't help that. I do fault most of the older ones for the way they act as adults, though, because I feel like part of being a functional adult is recognizing what was faulty in how one was raised and breaking out of that. In that regard, Jana aggravates me less than the other ones, though you're right that her lack of social media presence is likely a big factor. I would be curious to see what her social media presence would be like if she ever ended up having accounts -- if she'd be more of a lurker or if she would suddenly get more vocal.

4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree about the hobbies and friends! In that way, she has the closest to a normal life. I like that she actually does something. It's cool that she knows how to garden, sew, cook, etc. Jill and Jessa blather on about how they are such special Godly housewives that have been trained from birth to do all these things, but suck at them. Jana actually knows how, and just quietly does them without bragging. Isn't that what they're all supposed to do? Jesus first, others second, yourself last? Aren't they supposed to do nice things for others without expecting something (praise) in return? I can have some respect for jana walking the walk of her religious beliefs. Also, the fact that she *seems* to have real friendships with other women her age makes it appear that she might be pleasant. 

I'm very curious about her friendships too. I doubt her time with her friends is like my time with my friends, which usually involves a lot of profanity and violent movies, but I'd like to know what they really talk about when they're hanging out. Do they actually have normal conversations? 

• Love 4

Jana likely isn't as sweet as we like to believe she is. I haven't forgotten those girls last year or so who met her and made a fairly candid comment that she hadn't been nice.

Yes, what DO they ever talk about?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Jana likely isn't as sweet as we like to believe she is. I haven't forgotten those girls last year or so who met her and made a fairly candid comment that she hadn't been nice.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I was in a fast food restaurant and some older teens / young adults were flirting. They were talking about their fast-food jobs in high school and it occurred to me that even if these kids were allowed to talk to outsiders, they have nothing to talk about. It's not just that they have never held jobs, or gone to school, they have also never participated in any sports or activities, watched any television or movies, etc. etc. I really do think it's possible that the "courting" couples talk about little other than their favorite Bible verses -- they have nothing else to talk about.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I was thinking about that yesterday. I was in a fast food restaurant and some older teens / young adults were flirting. They were talking about their fast-food jobs in high school and it occurred to me that even if these kids were allowed to talk to outsiders, they have nothing to talk about. It's not just that they have never held jobs, or gone to school, they have also never participated in any sports or activities, watched any television or movies, etc. etc. I really do think it's possible that the "courting" couples talk about little other than their favorite Bible verses -- they have nothing else to talk about.

I could probably hold a conversation with Jana the longest - just because of gardening, chickens, home repair and decorating, add in making bread and such.  I would probably piss Jessa off within about 30 seconds, and I can just imagine a convo with Jill. "Oh you're married to? We can talk about our husbands!  My hubby Derick is the #besthubbyever because he once bought me chocolate milk! And my hubby is the best hubby ever (say it in the same route of This One time at band camp from American pie) because he once babysat our kids while I did something.  And my hubby is the best hubby ever because he once bought pizza for me and we had a date where we ate in the car!  Yaaaaaaaayyyyyy!

Me - Jill have you ever had a Cuba Libre drink?  No?  Let me make us both one.  Yes, Jill that's Spanish.  You like Spanish things.  Here, have one.

Because I will need lots of booze after that and a drunk Jill has to be easier to not want to strangle than a sober one.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Ooh that sounds juicy! What did they say?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I also totally see Jana snapping at some point.  Lately it's like you can see it in her eyes.  I want her to tell the boys to make their beds, clean their room and do their own damn laundry!  Guess what J'chelle - all the kids under 18 are now YOUR responsibility.  Good luck with that.  Hey Boob, why don't you fix the damn dishwasher so we don't have to eat on paper plates every day.  Oh and dear sisters? You decided to have those kids, so you can take care of them without any help from me!  

She then hops into a car with Laura and drives to Magnolia and gets help from Joanna Gaines and sets up her own gardening/designing show and her own brand and makes millions. Which she doesn't share with Boob or most of the rest of the family.  

I would pay so much money to see that happen. 

• Love 6

It's ridiculous that they treat those boys like infants. The youngest is what, 14 now? They are more than old enough to do their own laundry and clean their own bedroom and bathroom. Jana shouldn't have to fritter away the best years of her life making sure they have clean underwear.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I also totally see Jana snapping at some point.  Lately it's like you can see it in her eyes.  I want her to tell the boys to make their beds, clean their room and do their own damn laundry!  Guess what J'chelle - all the kids under 18 are now YOUR responsibility.  Good luck with that.  Hey Boob, why don't you fix the damn dishwasher so we don't have to eat on paper plates every day.  Oh and dear sisters? You decided to have those kids, so you can take care of them without any help from me!  

She then hops into a car with Laura and drives to Magnolia and gets help from Joanna Gaines and sets up her own gardening/designing show and her own brand and makes millions. Which she doesn't share with Boob or most of the rest of the family.  

From your fingers to TLC's reading eyes.

• Love 8

"Help from Joanna Gaines"- maybe in some alternate universe, but not in this one, IMO. The Gaineses are busy running their businesses, raising their kids, and building/maintaining their brand. Joanna and whatshisname are college-educated (and she even did gymnastics!), ambitious, hard-working, people who apparently hold fairly conservative/fundamentalist Christian religious beliefs. They didn't get this famous and rich by being weird and touting how "speshul" and different they are. I'm sure they can be pleasant and nice but I'm also sure that although we saw them goofing around on-camera, they are all business, all the time.

The Duggars got famous because they were uniquely weird - mega-breeders and telegenic - and TLC could avoid the worst of their craziness to make them palatable for cable TV programming. The shine is off their brand ever since Joshgate, and IMO it's mainly the innernets' insatiable need for clickbait that keeps their name going, along with the fact that apparently TLC is OK with their show having settled down to about 900K - 1.2M viewers and with damn few paying advertisers. 

Jana's at the moment the least objectionable one of the clan but as noted, she keeps her mouth shut, and she's probably brighter than Boob (not saying much) and less narcissistic than Michelle (again, a low bar), and has provided a couple of decades worth of unpaid household labor and child care for the family. She's telegenic and photogenic and quiet. For all I know she's a total jerk but at least she so far hasn't proved it by going on social media, so she's way ahead of Jill and Jessa.

I do not see Joanna or whatshisname Gaines allowing themselves to be sucked even one iota into the sh*tstorm of crazy that is Duggardom. Including Jana. They have better things to do, millions of bucks of income to manage, and IMO they are way out of the Duggars' league in just about every way you could imagine. 

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly! I can’t see the Gaines ever wanting ANYTHING to do with the Duggars.

I don't see the Gaines helping anyone. Unless it benefited them. 

• Love 23
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly! I can’t see the Gaines ever wanting ANYTHING to do with the Duggars.

I don't either, and why would they? They've already cornered the Christian/Fundie market, so it's not like affiliating themselves with the Duggars will expand their customer base. With the taint of Joshgate, the subsequent cover-up and Derelict's Twitter meltdowns, I can't see them touching this family with a ten-foot pole.

• Love 15
(edited)

At first I genuinely thought it was Jill in the first pic/video still which is weird because I've never thought Jill and Jana look anything alike.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 7