Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I definitely missed that interview, but it doesn't shock me. Nothing any of them said sounded organic or that it wasn't part of the PR blitz of the time. JD, quite quickly, became the new Josh so for him to spout off his lines are what I'd expect. 

The phrase’ The devil made me do it’ wasn’t always a joke. Christians always talk about temptation and in fact pray to be led away from it.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3

I’m guessing this is what they were there for:

Participants arrive at 6 a.m. the morning before the grand opening of the new location, and 110 (100 winners + 10 alternates) are chosen to potentially win the grand prize – free Chick-fil-A for a year. Participants then must remain on-site for the next 24 hours to win the prize. You set up camp, take part in games, get swag, eat chicken for all three meals, and if you’re still there in the morning, walk away with a card loaded with 52 chicken sandwich meals, including fries and a drink.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Participants arrive at 6 a.m. the morning before the grand opening of the new location, and 110 (100 winners + 10 alternates) are chosen to potentially win the grand prize – free Chick-fil-A for a year. Participants then must remain on-site for the next 24 hours to win the prize. You set up camp, take part in games, get swag, eat chicken for all three meals, and if you’re still there in the morning, walk away with a card loaded with 52 chicken sandwich meals, including fries and a drink.

So similar to other contests. Remember years ago when you could win a car by being the last person left touching it? 

At least they aren’t camped out at Best Buy Thanksgiving morning so they can be first in on Black Friday. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

So similar to other contests. Remember years ago when you could win a car by being the last person left touching it? 

At least they aren’t camped out at Best Buy Thanksgiving morning so they can be first in on Black Friday. 

Hey now, I'm one of those camped out to be the first in on Black Friday ;p 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

There is a documentary called "Hands on a Hardbody" about one of these car contests. It is hard to find, but it is worth watching.

I am slightly annoyed if the Duggars are there for the Chik Fil A contest. I know they have the right to participate, but they have the means to buy a meal there every day if they wanted to. At least there is some work involved in getting the food this time.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You'd have to pay me to participate in something like that!  ugh!  As usual, Duggars trying to win free stuff for themselves rather than set an example of using the money that God has blessed them with, to help others in need.  Unless they were trying to win the year's worth of free food and then donate it!  Which, if that were the case, they'd make sure it was caught on camera!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

You'd have to pay me to participate in something like that!  ugh!  As usual, Duggars trying to win free stuff for themselves rather than set an example of using the money that God has blessed them with, to help others in need.  Unless they were trying to win the year's worth of free food and then donate it!  Which, if that were the case, they'd make sure it was caught on camera!

There are a ton of mouths to feed I can see why they would want to win free food. 

13 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Damn, Sinner Twin.

I feel like I ask this all the time and can never keep it straight, but this (Jeremiah) is sinner twin? Because in the Other Duggars thread, a poster is referring to the other twin as sinner twin. And I thought it was the other one (Jedidiah), too.

• Love 2

Jessa is 2.5 years older than Ben.  Abbie's sisters turned 22 yesterday and sinner twin will be 20 in December.  That's exactly the same age difference. I doubt Jim Bob would have an issue with that, but Abbie's parents might.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Jessa is 2.5 years older than Ben.  Abbie's sisters turned 22 yesterday and sinner twin will be 20 in December.  That's exactly the same age difference. I doubt Jim Bob would have an issue with that, but Abbie's parents might.

LOL Let the wedding speculation begin then!!!!!! Sinner twin and the other one marry the Abbie's sisters. Triple wedding=ratings gold.

• Love 6

Here's the thing, though, I wonder if Kendra or Abbie's parents would be ok with multiple daughters marrying into the Duggar family?  They may very well think one is plenty and look to other families for husbands for their daughters.

• Love 3

Have to wonder if the wedding train will slow down for a bit.  At this point the only wedding, after JD and Abbie's, that would generate any real interest would be Jana's.

Josh got married off young for reasons we all know now.

Then the four "damaged" sisters.

At that point people were commenting that no one wanted to marry any of the Duggar boys, and presto!  Joe and Josiah get hitched. Although I do suspect there was an active campaign to get Josiah "safely married".

JD's finding Abbie was an unanticipated happy surprise, IMO.  

Unless Jana finds herself a guy I think there may be a bit of a lull.  The twins are only 19.  Josh marrying at 20 did not work out so well.  Maybe Jim Bob wants to wait a bit and make some more $$$, because it must be getting pricey finding homes  for all those married kids, not to mention basically supporting them.  There's no way in hell Joseph and Josiah make enough money selling crappy used cars to support themselves and their wives and kids.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Have to wonder if the wedding train will slow down for a bit.  At this point the only wedding, after JD and Abbie's, that would generate any real interest would be Jana's.

At that point people were commenting that no one wanted to marry any of the Duggar boys, and presto!  Joe and Josiah get hitched. Although I do suspect there was an active campaign to get Josiah "safely married".

Unless Jana finds herself a guy I think there may be a bit of a lull.  The twins are only 19.  Josh marrying at 20 did not work out so well.  Maybe Jim Bob wants to wait a bit and make some more $$$, because it must be getting pricey finding homes (and supporting) for all those married kids.

I agree. 

BUT-There were two years between Jessa and Jinger marrying. If JD gets married this year, and Jana next year, by then the twins will be 21. Wasn’t Josiah 21 when he started to court Lauren?

I could see a year between weddings, Joy and Joe were the only two to marry in the same year. 

• Love 1

I'm guessing JinJer after Felicity starts grabbing it or Joy, just because if she's going to work with Austin she might rather cut a few inches off of it, rather than have to keep putting it up or braiding it, especially with a baby to take care of as well.  Or Josie.  Because if she finds scissors and well, it's not like anyone is watching her.    

• Love 16
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Unless Jana finds herself a guy I think there may be a bit of a lull.  The twins are only 19.  Josh marrying at 20 did not work out so well.  Maybe Jim Bob wants to wait a bit and make some more $$$, because it must be getting pricey finding homes  for all those married kids, not to mention basically supporting them.  There's no way in hell Joseph and Josiah make enough money selling crappy used cars to support themselves and their wives and kids.

I don't agree with some of this. Josh got married young,  due to the reasons we all know now. However he was only a year and a half younger than Josiah and 2 and a half years younger than Joe. 

Then came the girls, because they wanted to get married and were willing to marry people they met.  I think most of them wanted to leave the house and were told they had to be married to move out.  I think Jana has been pickier and more content at home than her sisters. (That's her right.) I think they were trying to marry JD off for years before he and Abbie decided to court. 

Based on the fundies, I've met in real life, marrying young is not unusual. It gives them something to do, it allows to act on their "sinful" desires, it gives them "status as adults", it allows for more separation from their parents, some are eager to have families of their own, and in the case of where adult children have been trained to live at home until marriage, it allows them to move out. That last item about the parents convincing/training/forcing their children to live at home until marriage makes the age of marriage drop more than the other factors from what I've seen. I think it's a very harmful practice to not let adults leave if that's their desire. 

In the real world, the Duggars get married young, but for fundies/fundie-lites they are not that young. As for the -Iah twins, they will be 20 next year and that is the same age as Josh and younger than Ben so it would not surprise me if they got married next year. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't agree with some of this. Josh got married young,  due to the reasons we all know now. However he was only a year and a half younger than Josiah and 2 and a half years younger than Joe. 

Then came the girls, because they wanted to get married and were willing to marry people they met.  I think most of them wanted to leave the house and were told they had to be married to move out.  I think Jana has been pickier and more content at home than her sisters. (That's her right.) I think they were trying to marry JD off for years before he and Abbie decided to court. 

Based on the fundies, I've met in real life, marrying young is not unusual. It gives them something to do, it allows to act on their "sinful" desires, it gives them "status as adults", it allows for more separation from their parents, some are eager to have families of their own, and in the case of where adult children have been trained to live at home until marriage, it allows them to move out. That last item about the parents convincing/training/forcing their children to live at home until marriage makes the age of marriage drop more than the other factors from what I've seen. I think it's a very harmful practice to not let adults leave if that's their desire. 

In the real world, the Duggars get married young, but for fundies/fundie-lites they are not that young. As for the -Iah twins, they will be 20 next year and that is the same age as Josh and younger than Ben so it would not surprise me if they got married next year. 

The girls who got married after Josh were the one who were molested by Josh. I think JB wanted to get them married off so he could prove they have moved on from being molested more than once by Josh. I just find it funny he was married off first, and his four sister victims were the next ones to get married.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The girls who got married after Josh were the one who were molested by Josh. I think JB wanted to get them married off so he could prove they have moved on from being molested more than once by Josh. I just find it funny he was married off first, and his four sister victims were the next ones to get married.

I don't agree. They're four of the oldest five girls. It's normal in their world. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I understand what you are saying, but I still find it ironic Josh and his victims were the first ones to get married. Of course if JB could have gotten JD and/or Jana married off after right after Josh, he would have done it in a New York minute with dollar signs and ratings in his eyes.

7 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Wasn’t Josiah only 18 when he was paired with .. the one that didn’t “take?”  Marjorie, that’s her name!

Yes, they've been trying to get Josiah married off for a while. 

12 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

There are a ton of mouths to feed I can see why they would want to win free food. 

But presumably the prize is free food for one person, right?  Not a whole family, much less JB's brood.  CFA better review and lawyer-ize its promotional documentation if the Duggars are in line! 

• Love 1
On 02/08/2018 at 2:50 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

#2, which always makes me fondly think of Princess Di, has that eye trapping scarf thingy right in the middle of the bosom.   

#3 crosses the boob line too, but let’s be honest.  On someone like Michelle or Joy, it would be about three inches above their boobs. 

I think #2, #3, #5 and maybe #6 are Princess Di. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

I think #2, #3, #5 and maybe #6 are Princess Di. 

They probably used her as an example of bad heathens. She cheated on her husband! She dressed so defrauding all the time! She danced that hussy! She got more attention then her husband! A wife is suppose to be quiet, docile look adoring at her husband as he gets all the attention! She brought attention to the wrong causes like AIDS who cares about those sinners!  Look what happened to her! Her husband was forced to cheat on her! She ended up divorced! Her death was because of her sinful life. It was God's punishment. I probably missed a few other things.    

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, cmr2014 said:

I've been really charmed by how smitten JD is with Abbie, but I was thinking about it today and smitten is cute, but marriage is for a lifetime. I hope that there is enough substance there, and that they have enough in common as people to make this work.  Jill and Derick were smitten early on and marriage hasn't been kind to them (IMO). Lots of us have had relationships that were fun and exciting at first, and then hit snags as personality differences emerged. JD and Abbie are really far down the road in their world, and I hope that it works out for them . . .

Of course no one can see into the future, but I think this is a couple that's going to work.  It's not as awkward as Jill/Jessa, or as BFF like Joy, or even horndog like Jinger.  I see a real tenderness between the two, and that's beyond fun/exciting, and sex-starved, IMO.  I'm getting more of a Zach/Whitney vibe about them.  

• Love 7

Who are those people sitting on the bench in the background so inappropriately dressed to attend a wedding? I know, wedding attire is regional, but for pete's sake, at lease TRY to look like you're attending a special occasion for some one. It is their very special day. The bride, groom and the wedding party should be the only ones dressed like that day means something to them.

I agree that Abbie and HER FAMILY need to show themselves at the Jabby wedding. Real food, dancing and some good taste. The Duggar rubes shouldn't dominate every wedding and reception. It's not just them; it's the 'other family' too that should be considered. I was glad to see at the two most recent weddings that they actually had somewhere for their guests to SIT and tables to eat some real, hot food. Hope the trend continues.

• Love 11

The problem with the Duggars is any wedding of one of their own has to be all about them. The future in-laws do not matter. It is the Duggar way or the highway.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

The problem with the Duggars is any wedding of one of their own has to be all about them. The future in-laws do not matter. It is the Duggar way or the highway.

Yes. And of course there is the number one thing that the newly married couple has to do: produce grandchildren for the greater glory of Jim Bob Duggar. He's probably been deeply disappointed by the Vuolos' slackness in waiting so long to have a baby. I'm sure he expects that JD and Abby will get right on it and pop out a baby within a year after the wedding.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

Don’t most other fundies who marry young find a way to support themselves and their new families first though? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Don’t most other fundies who marry young find a way to support themselves and their new families first though? 

Some of the young women I know have more job/education/ways to support themselves (like the Bates girls and Abbie Burnett) and some of the young women are more like the Duggar girls (in terms of education/jobs/ways to support themselves). Generally young women are allowed to get married younger with the idea they can be housewives or find little ways to bring money in. 

I've known a few young men who have some ideas about how to support themselves and have gotten married, only to find themselves less able to support the family than they anticipated.  In one case, money issues contributed to the divorce, and another young couple is living in a house owned by her family. 

I tend to think that most fundie families try to encourage their kids to find ways to suport themselves. However some families don't have the money to help the kids establish a career, or they want their kids to get married and move out, or they think God will provide, or they think young marriage is Godly, etc. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

It does seem as if all of the Duggar daughter-in-laws had a little more say in the planning and execution of their weddings.  Josh and Anna got married in Florida, and Kendra and Lauren had actual food at their receptions.  Because, to get real, if the bride's family is willing to pay, Jim Bob , cheapskate that he is, would not object.  I bet he just drools knowing that the TLC money will actually go to him instead of being used to pay for some crappy excuse of a reception.   

Pretty confident that Abbie's family will do the lion's share of the planning.  Dancing would be great too!

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 1

Yes, 3 is enough. I agree with your post. What is so wrong in married couples dancing 'waltz-style' at a wedding reception? I hardly think that style of dance is defrauding nor would it stir up those 'desires'....in the unmarried folk. I hope this one is the most classy yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Yes, 3 is enough. I agree with your post. What is so wrong in married couples dancing 'waltz-style' at a wedding reception? I hardly think that style of dance is defrauding nor would it stir up those 'desires'....in the unmarried folk. I hope this one is the most classy yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

The waltz was considered QUITE scandalous in many circles when it was introduced. Compared to most line dancing done at the time (think Jane Austen) it required couples to hold each other quite closely!

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, LilJen said:

The waltz was considered QUITE scandalous in many circles when it was introduced. Compared to most line dancing done at the time (think Jane Austen) it required couples to hold each other quite closely!

Haha...that immediately make me think of the "Shall we Dance?" scene in "The King and I". Granted, that was a Polka, not a Waltz, but I still get majorly defrauded every time I watch it...That scene of him slowly approaching her, his hand held out, aimed to wrap around her waist...GAH!

• Love 12