Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

All the older kids were in Tennessee today for a Bates graduation party, and judging from a quick instagram stalk Jed was there but Jeremiah wasn't. Which makes it likely that he is still at Alert. So theres a few possible scenarios here:

1. Michelle can't tell the twins apart

2. Michelle has truly lost the plot

3. Michelle was desperate to post something on facebook so she just made something up

4. Michelle just made a simple typing error (least likely)

Anyway Jed or Jeer, who cares! The girls do need rescuing but for many different reasons.

• Love 6

Really? That looks like some random truck on the side of the road that Michelle took a picture of and turned it into a social media post.

She should have let the air out of one of the tires. That would've been a more believable story than running out of gas.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Vaysh said:

So Jeremiah is back from Alert? Or was it the other twin that went?

I can't  find the dates of Group 55, but the Duggars posted a pic of Jeer doing a rope exercise while they were all in Big Sandy a week ago. They may have "graduated" this group during the conference? But yeah, Jeer was definitely the twin who was there. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Really? That looks like some random truck on the side of the road that Michelle took a picture of and turned it into a social media post.

She should have let the air out of one of the tires. That would've been a more believable story than running out of gas.

It looks like a truck just purchased from auction.  It's probably not out of gas, but the original owner put something in the gas tank before repossession. 

• Love 3

She should have let the air out of one of the tires.

She's not bright enough. She was probably thinking back to when she was 15, and most of the football team 'ran out of gas' when she went out on dates.

• Love 5

When was the truck picture taken?  It looks like snow on the ground behind it. I know the weather has been crazy lately & it may be something else, but it has me wondering.

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

When was the truck picture taken?  It looks like snow on the ground behind it. I know the weather has been crazy lately & it may be something else, but it has me wondering.

I think it's just the sky reflecting on puddles. It's just an overcast rainy day so the sky is grey/white.

8 hours ago, louannems said:

Am I weird to think Spurgeon now looks like Jana?

3 hours ago, SometimesBites said:

All I can see is Jim Bob. Seriously. 

I don't really get this -- both Izzy and Spurge just look like babies to me - unformed and plastic. I think it's more that JB has an innocuous, generic face that has no real marks of character or distinction.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMFG, LOOK!!!!!! Jana's a Gardener now!!!!!1111

We've seen this trick before. The plants never last the season. 

I was going to say, hasn't this storyline played out a hundred times already? We've seen them plant fruit trees, grow cucumbers, build a greenhouse and touch up the front landscaping yet every current shot of the yard shows it to be a patchy, dried out mess. Those flowers will be dead within a week.

• Love 9
(edited)

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/827495687384082/?type=3&source=54

The Lonely Twins!

I think Jana is lovely, but I do wonder about her.  I mean, they never show us a photo of a casual Jana.  Always in a "church" dress, jewelry, make-up, accessories, etc, JUST for hanging out at the house!  I know I live in casual Seattle, and honestly, I do myself up (hair, makeup, clothing) for weddings and funerals!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, louannems said:

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/827495687384082/?type=3&source=54

The Lonely Twins!

I think Jana is lovely, but I do wonder about her.  I mean, they never show is a photo of a casual Jana.  Always in a "church" dress, jewelry, make-up, accessories, etc, JUST for hanging out at the house!  I know I live in casual Seattle, and honestly, I do myself up (hair, makeup, clothing) for weddings and funerals!

She's probably been brainwashed like Sarah Maxwell to believe that her future husband could drop by at any minute.  She always looks nice, with the exception of her Oompa Loompa look.

• Love 4

John David looks 10 years older than Jana, and he always has this no-one-home look on his face.  Maybe he can't help looking older, and he's wearing the face he was given - but he always looks like he's just to the left of clean as well, and he could FIX that.  But maybe that's just me.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

John David looks 10 years older than Jana, and he always has this no-one-home look on his face.  Maybe he can't help looking older, and he's wearing the face he was given - but he always looks like he's just to the left of clean as well, and he could FIX that.  But maybe that's just me.

It is odd that most of the boys look young for so long, yet JD has looked 30 for about 15 years.

• Love 4

As always, the comments are the most interesting part of the post! Jana is lovely looking. As for what it would be like to spend an afternoon with her - well could be bored to sleep. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

As always, the comments are the most interesting part of the post! Jana is lovely looking. As for what it would be like to spend an afternoon with her - well could be bored to sleep. 

If I could spend an afternoon with her, I'd be spending every bit of energy I had to convince her to get the hell out of there.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If I could spend an afternoon with her, I'd be spending every bit of energy I had to convince her to get the hell out of there.

Me too but I think she would put her fingers in her ears and say bible verses!!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

The funniest part is that they delete all of the negative comments, but not the responses to the negative comments, so the leghumpers look like they're having unhinged, schizophrenic conversations with nobody. Apropo.

ETA: There is literally a guy who says "I'd love to see the older girls in victoria's secrets [sic] underwear." I guess at this point a creepy, disgusting positive comment is still a positive comment, huh Duggars? They'll painstakingly remove any comment remotely challenging, but are fine with a total stranger wishing to see their godly, modest daughters kitted out in garters and g-strings. 'Kay.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, louannems said:

The Lonely Twins!

I think Jana is lovely, but I do wonder about her.  I mean, they never show us a photo of a casual Jana.  Always in a "church" dress, jewelry, make-up, accessories, etc, JUST for hanging out at the house!  I know I live in casual Seattle, and honestly, I do myself up (hair, makeup, clothing) for weddings and funerals!

I don't get it either. She gets all dolled up to what, sit on the sectional all day and stare at her siblings? 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It is odd that most of the boys look young for so long, yet JD has looked 30 for about 15 years.

He could end up like Barbara Bush and keep looking the same for another couple decades. Wouldn't be bad looking 30 at 50.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Poor Jana. Will she be another Sarah Maxwell. 

Hopefully not. The Maxwellian Vortex is far more joyless than the Duggars ever dreamed of being, but at least they actually cook and clean and the girls have healthier hair and skin.

• Love 1

On the rare occasions that I do look at the Dugs FB page, I continue to marvel at the fact that there's relatively few negative comments, but overall, the comments have down way down. Interest is clearly waning. Rightly so.

I've been banned from just about anything related to Dugs and Co, except for Derick (can't be bothered with him though). Perhaps a badge of honour is in order for people like me?

• Love 4
On 5/25/2016 at 0:07 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't get it either. She gets all dolled up to what, sit on the sectional all day and stare at her siblings? 

Not unless I had a date.  I don't think I'm alone either; plenty of women think it's a waste of time.

Of course, plenty of women also wouldn't go to the grocery store without false eyelashes, so.

• Love 3
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 0:07 PM, BitterApple said:

Maybe a 50's era housewife/gothard thing? Growing up I remember a friend's mom who put on a full face (incl fake eyelashes), teased hair & 4" heels to clean the house. Yup, moping floors & cleaning the toilet in fake eyelashes & heels! 

Wimens gotta look good lol

• Love 5

I have small, somewhat inset eyes, so raccoon eyeliner like the Duggar girls use is out! When I was their age, my skin was super oily (and was until the big M hit a couple of years ago), so I never even used moisturizer until I was in my 40's. Now, I suffer from the dark circles under the eyes, so I do use concealer, but I only throw on CC cream if I'm looking especially worn out. Just that and moisturizer most days. Maybe mascara for the most special of occasions, if I really like you. 

I don't get why they torture their youthful skin like that. This goes for the Bateses, too. Erin looked better in her "before" than she did all tarted up in her "after" in that makeup tutorial. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Maybe a 50's era housewife/gothard thing? Growing up I remember a friend's mom who put on a full face (incl fake eyelashes), teased hair & 4" heels to clean the house. Yup, moping floors & cleaning the toilet in fake eyelashes & heels! 

Wimens gotta look good lol

It could be. As someone noted on another thread, Fundies are big into living life like they're in a Norman Rockwell painting. That's hilarious about your friend's mom, though. I would never have made it back then. When I'm in the house I live in pajama bottoms and yoga pants.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I have small, somewhat inset eyes, so raccoon eyeliner like the Duggar girls use is out! When I was their age, my skin was super oily (and was until the big M hit a couple of years ago), so I never even used moisturizer until I was in my 40's. Now, I suffer from the dark circles under the eyes, so I do use concealer, but I only throw on CC cream if I'm looking especially worn out. Just that and moisturizer most days. Maybe mascara for the most special of occasions, if I really like you. 

I don't get why they torture their youthful skin like that. This goes for the Bateses, too. Erin looked better in her "before" than she did all tarted up in her "after" in that makeup tutorial. 

Me too; I also get infections if goop gets into my eyes, I'm very allergy sensitive.  Any oil based makeup remover including cold cream and liquids, are right out.  I bring this up because I know a non-Duggar person who lines the INSIDE of her eyelids with eyeliner.  I'm all... "ulp, I can barely swipe the mascara wand near the lash base without drying them out for several hours, like I've just left a wind tunnel in Mach speed."

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Isn't it more of a Southern thing?

I live in the south but come from the north  still have "peeps" in the north.  From my vantage point it isn't all that common either place but appears in both places.  At least from the people I look at  no one I know personally in either place does that  

• Love 1

The old mantra is dress for the job you want, not the one you have. We know when Jessa was courting Ben, that was considered a "job" or at least it got her out of her chores. Jana is dressing for the job she wants next "a courting woman". Also to appeal the millions of DDlike men visiting the Duggar Facebook page. 

Or maybe she just likes to look nice, and since the littles are growing up, she has more time.