Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think there is nothing wrong with it. Its a better education than the Duggar daughters/Daughter in laws have. Her parents obviously do stress education beyond a "Duggar Academy" and I bet JD has a better home school then the later kids. 

Her parents clearly encouraged their daughters to have enough ambition that Abbie can practice in a hospital in her state doing all the procedures that RNs do ( https://allnurses.com/lpn-lvn-corner/lpns-what-do-743176.html), which is much more than any of the Duggar kids have accomplished. JD has his pilot's license, but I'm sure JB pushed that for the sake of self-interest.

3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It is still advanced training beyond high school and, presuming she was home schooled, means she got a decent education at home.  LPN's provide excellent care to patients in all kinds of medical situations.  I would be willing to bet that not a single one of the Duggars would be able to attend LPN training and pass the courses, let alone become licensed practitioners.

I doubt any of the Duggars would be able to show the equivalent of the high school education required to gain entry to the LPN program.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm more disappointed her middle name isn't Renee (like Anna and Kendra). I'm still waiting to hear what Lauren's is.

Lauren's middle name is Milagro (miracle).

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

So does this put tons of pressure on Jana to find someone. 

Idk, I believe the rumors that Jana already has a man but is hiding him from the spotlight as long as she can. He probably lives in another state.

Many people use their LPN credentials as a stepping stone to becoming a registered nurse.  A friend of mine works in HR at our local hospital, and she's mentioned several times that the educational benefits are outstanding for the staff.  CNA's obtain their LPN credentials, RN's earn their Master degrees, etc. The medical field is always in need of qualified people and it apparently is very cost effective for a large facility to help pay for employees to become better qualified.  

Hope she continues to work at least part time so she doesn't become one more person who is reliant on and subservient to JB.  Also hope she manages to show Jill how a real, actual job in the medical field looks.  Not that it would motivate Jill to do anything to improve herself.

• Love 21

Wow.  Who would have thought John David would show personality.  It's nice that he waited and it won't be another teen marriage.  In the video it almost looked like he was going to kiss her.  All the Duggar men need to look at pictures of Prince William.  The thinning hair look so much better when it's shaved down close.

• Love 21
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It is still advanced training beyond high school and, presuming she was home schooled, means she got a decent education at home.  LPN's provide excellent care to patients in all kinds of medical situations.  I would be willing to bet that not a single one of the Duggars would be able to attend LPN training and pass the courses, let alone become licensed practitioners.

To be accepted for the course Abbie took, students must also take the ACT test and receive a minimum score of 19.  That would eliminate Jill, in my opinion.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Lauren's middle name is Milagro (miracle).

I was not expecting that one, completely out of left field with how bland most of the names are among the fundie bunch.

Regardless hopefully this turns out well for JD and Abbie. As much as I despise the fundie system, the children do deserve some bit of happiness in their lives. If JD and Abbie are happy together and can work something out without JD going off the rails like Derrick, then all the more power to them.

• Love 9

I’m very interested to see if they move to OK where John David gets a job and Abbie continues to work as an LPN and/or pursues her BSN. Or if she’ll move to the compound, never work as a nurse another day in her life, and pop out a million babies while JD continues to act as the Duggar family pilot.

Eh, if the others who married into the Duggarverse are anything to go by, it’ll be the latter. :(

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

I’m very interested to see if they move to OK where John David gets a job and Abbie continues to work as an LPN and/or pursues her BSN. Or if she’ll move to the compound, never work as a nurse another day in her life, and pop out a million babies while JD continues to act as the Duggar family pilot.

Eh, if the others who married into the Duggarverse are anything to go by, it’ll be the latter. :(

I was thinking the same thing.  On the face of it, she might be thinking, okay this is what I want to do and becoming a nurse was a placeholder so to speak.  When I was getting married to the first Mr. lookeyloo he was in medical school and even though I knew I would be alone a lot and end up raising my children just about alone even when I was still married to him, I went into it starry eyed and in love but when reality occurred I was not a happy camper.  So we shall see.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

(Someone please, give this woman a new hairdo.) 

But she has cut it in her life! It's curly and a little frizzy (no criticism--this could describe my hair, as well), so it looks a little scraggly just down but it's only just below her shoulders!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

And she had to pass a state licensing exam after completing all the coursework. She could show Jill how to use those "medical things." 

And if they do get married, she'll be the first Duggar bride that has had a real job.   Hopefully, she'll keep it.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, beagletime said:

I'm hoping they end up like Zach and Whitney.  Real jobs, a few kids, and wearing the clothes they want to wear.  

I could see this. Isn't JD good friends with Zach? Perhaps he has been more influenced by Zach than by Smuggar or even Joseph.

• Love 13
Just now, BitterApple said:

My only concern for Abbie is I hope she doesn't get pressured into attending Duggar homebirths. I can see Boob thinking "Hot damn! A nurse! Now we don't have to pay any of these fake midwives!". Hopefully JD has enough sense not to let her get involved in his family's poor decision making. 

Not sure those words belong in the same sentence. JB is a narcissist and a blowhard. If he thinks it, it is inherently sensical, in his not-so-humble opinion.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Normades said:

I have no medical degree, but I also could show Jill what to do with those "medical thingys."  I don't think she would find it very comfortable though! :)

Dying here! *wiping away tears*

• Love 6

JD and Abbie: Flying their way to freedom

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@jeeves She is licensed to practice in OK.

His would also explain the flights to Ada, OK that I have seen over the past several months.

How many months out of curiosity?  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

It's adorable when she has it pulled back. When it's just loose, it looks sloppy.

Really!  I think that the selfie that JD took with Abbie where he's wearing the green shirt is the most natural and happy I have ever seen him.  I actually have good feelings about this relationship,  Although a nasty part of me wants to know how long they have known each other, lol!

• Love 7

She sort of looks like jana in that one picture with her hair up. Not judging or implying anything at all! I think it's sweet that the girl he chooses would look somewhat like jana. It's no different than guys choosing girls like their mothers, and he and jana have been a pair forever!

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

JD and Abbie: Flying their way to freedom

How many months out of curiosity?  

Around six, to the best of my recollection. He does a ton of flying for ALERT (note the tee in one of their pictures), so flights anywhere else tend to stand out a bit in my mind. 

• Love 4
(edited)

ohmygoodness!  Did not expect this when I checked in today, and I'm genuinely thrilled for them!  Congrats, JD!  I wasn't sure this would ever happen!

And I love how HE looks at HER with the adoring gaze, instead of vice versa!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 18

JD and Abbie:  The Love Plane - must be sung to the tune of the Love Boat from back in the day.  :-)

And my tacky addition:  JD and Abbie: Joining the Mile High Club. :-)

I hope that is their real IG account and not a fake because if it is, JD definitely has a sense of humor.  I can't believe how happy he looks.  I'm thrilled for them.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

JD and Abbie:  The Love Plane - must be sung to the tune of the Love Boat from back in the day.  :-)

I hope that is their real IG account and not a fake because if it is, JD definitely has a sense of humor.  I can't believe how happy he looks.  I'm thrilled for them.

It has to be their real IG account, as Austin and Joy, and Si just commented on it, and it is being followed by Jill.

The first (and only post so far) says:  So, I reconsidered the whole "bachelor to the rapture" thing.

• Love 20

They do look genuinely happy together.  I do hope the best for them.

I love her hair!  Honestly, it looks a lot like mine.  It took me years to love my curls.  No curling iron banana curls required.

Wouldn't it be nice and something new, if Abbie could keep working until the first baby arrives, at least?  I congratulate her on her LPN status, and hope she gets to use it beyond their eventual marriage.

• Love 21

I'm gonna say an early fall wedding. If they have known each other for that long it's going forward quickly.

Since Bon Ton is going out of business it will give us all an opportunity to buy dresses for all these weddings and hopefully MeChelle can find some dresses that aren't ugly as sin. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

At first I thought, why not to the tune of Love Train?

But the Love Boat lyrics do fit the situation better.  

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

It has to be their real IG account, as Austin and Joy, and Si just commented on it, and it is being followed by Jill.

The first (and only post so far) says:  So, I reconsidered the whole "bachelor to the rapture" thing.

Joy and Josiah are also following. No Seewalds or Derelict as of now.

eta: Joy also did an instastory pumping out the account. It's legit. Abbie has an IG, but it's private.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
Just now, cdp73 said:

Wonder if he'll propose at Josiah's wedding?  One Duggar always has to steal another's thunder.

I am thinking the courtship was announced now so it won't be an out of the blue engagement at the wedding.  

• Love 6

Hmm...either they’re already engaged, or JD is “giving away pieces of his heart.” I mean, just courting and they already have a shared Insta? How scandalous! Lol

But seriously, does anyone remember if Si and Marjorie had any shared social media accounts? I think Zach’s failed courtship was a little bit pre-insta? I know courting = pre-engagement to these people, but I just can’t imagine them getting shared social media without a ring.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Around six, to the best of my recollection. He does a ton of flying for ALERT (note the tee in one of their pictures), so flights anywhere else tend to stand out a bit in my mind. 

I'm thinking less than 6 months. This may be the quickest met-to-marriage yet. Maybe met in April and married in September?

From People magazine - 

“Yeah, a couple months ago,” notes John David, who shares, “We fell in love very quickly. And it’s been a wonderful journey thus far and taking the next step to move onto a courtship.”

John David: From Stabby to Abbie

John David & Abbie: Planes, Veins and Sandwiches

John David & Abbie: Planes, Veins and Baby Mobiles

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My only concern for Abbie is I hope she doesn't get pressured into attending Duggar homebirths. I can see Boob thinking "Hot damn! A nurse! Now we don't have to pay any of these fake midwives!". Hopefully JD has enough sense not to let her get involved in his family's poor decision making. 

I was thinking that Abbie at least won't let Jill anywhere near her when the time for a new Duggarling comes .

53 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm very much for the tacky addition . Or the one that had "another sort of rapture" in it . 

• Love 8
(edited)

Si has always had his own account since he was courting Marjorie. When that broke up, he took a hiatus. He came back when Lauren entered the picture. However, I don't think Si has ever shared his IG with Marjorie OR Lauren, which makes John and Abbie sharing an account when they are only courting even more interesting. 

...or are they only courting??? John has always posed to the left of Abbie. We've never seen her left hand...

Also:

JD and Abbie: She Captured the Rapture

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 15