Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm not sure I believe that JB and Michelle are holding Jana back from getting married because they need her around the house. 

I think this is the major reason Jana isn't married and all those trips to Journey to the Heart were to punish her for not joyfully accepting the role her parents chose for her.

• Love 7

Just a quick question... what is journey to the heart?  

Long time lurker here this is my first time post and just wanted to say I really enjoy reading everyone posts. They really help pass time 

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, RazzleberryPie said:
29 minutes ago, Mlhokerk said:

Just a quick question... what is journey to the heart?  

Long time lurker here this is my first time post and just wanted to say I really enjoy reading everyone posts. They really help pass time 

It's a program sponsored by the Institute of Basic Life Principles (IBLP), an organization founded by Bill Gothard, the guy who wrote the book on the version of Christianity that the Duggars espouse.  Gothard was forced out of the leadership of the organization a few years back due to inappropriate relationships with various teen girls involved in IBLP. 

There are Journey to the Heart programs for adults and teens, male and female.  The Duggars have sent their teen daughters to the one for them.  It's a week long program held in the woods in Michigan where the teens are indoctrinated into the principles of the cult.  Some of the Duggar girls have attended more than once, some of us suspect it was because they were showing signs of independent thought and JB and M sent them away to be 'cleansed' or brainwashed, take your pick.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9

http://lifesrealjourney.com/journey/the-overlook/ 

One of their upcoming programs.

Overlooked. That’s how it can feel to be a single girl. Whether it’s guys, church, or society, it’s as if people don’t see us. Where do we fit? Do we wait for Mr. Right, or go forge our way in the world? Come trek up to The Overlook, and we’ll dig into those questions and more as we see the view of living “a different kind of single.”

Are we finally going to get picked by some great guy? Or will we yet again feel like the outcast from our dodgeball days, always the last left standing there?

Or are we supposed to forget that nonsense(“ain’t nobody got time for dat!”) and try taking over the world girlzilla style? Create our map leading through college and career, and then maybe marriage and family will be somewhere after that?

Interesting. I wonder how much they encourage the "girlzilla" option. Maybe Jana will attend.

Edited by Booey
  • Love 3

I don't think they meant "girlzilla" as a compliment but as a derogatory statement on the unnaturalness of women "taking over the world." Because women can't go to college and have a career without it being seen as disrupting the natural order of patriarchy. College and career might make the girls uppity and we can't have that!

Edited by MargeGunderson
I was not educated at the SDRT; I can spell.
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Booey said:

Interesting. I wonder how much they encourage the "girlzilla" option. Maybe Jana will attend.

Trek on up to the Overlook?  I know these people don't read and especially not Stephen King, but they really should check out The Shining to see what happened to the last group of people who trekked on up to the Overlook.  Spoiler alert:  it didn't end well.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don't think they meant "girlzilla" as a compliment but as a derogatory statement on the unnaturalness of women "taking over the world." Because women can't go to college and have a career without it being seen as disrupting the natural order of patriarchy. College and career might make the girls uppity and we can't have that!

:sigh: Yeah, you're probably right. :-(

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So is this an ATI program? If non and former are also welcome, it's odd.  Guess I was hoping for a recovery group.

No, it's IBLP. ATI is just the homeschooling arm of IBLP, the umbrella organization.

5 hours ago, Booey said:

Right? Notice how they say "maybe"  marriage and family might follow after a woman chooses to educate herself and have a career. They're trying to reinforce that the "girlzilla" route is a gamble. Sure, you might earn a degree, increase your earning power and expand your social circle, but wouldn't it be safer to stay in the house until Daddy finds you a Prince Charming? After all, boys don't like girls who use too many big words!

• Love 12

"Or has God actually forgotten us in this dreary place?"  

So .... if you're a young unmarried woman who isn't quite sure where you want to go in life, you inevitably feel in a "dreary place" and literally "forgotten" by God. Even if you're getting an education or otherwise participating in life. Riiight. 

Hard to think of much they could say that would be more insulting than that. Or more indicative of how they envision the only acceptable lifepath for women.

Sickening that they shove this into girls' heads. 

ETA: So apparently God doesn't have anything to say to unmarried women either? The guys can talk to him on their own, no doubt, but if a woman's on her own outside some damn umbrella, she won't be able to get into communication? 

Edited by Churchhoney
because it just keeps making me want to spit more venom
  • Love 13

Jana's dream guy sounds a lot like Chad Paine. I'm sure Jana wants to get married but after seeing the losers her sisters ended up with she'll be willing to wait for her perfect guy.

It doesn't help that Boob screens the guys beforehand and probably shooed away some good candidates. Jana is no dimwitted Joy and he can't pull off a surprise arrangement like he did with her. She wants to get out of the TTH but has high standards as well.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So .... if you're a young unmarried woman who isn't quite sure where you want to go in life, you inevitably feel in a "dreary place" and literally "forgotten" by God. Even if you're getting an education or otherwise participating in life. Riiight. 

Hard to think of much they could say that would be more insulting than that. Or more indicative of how they envision the only acceptable lifepath for women.

ETA: So apparently God doesn't have anything to say to unmarried women either? The guys can talk to him on their own, no doubt, but if a woman's on her own outside some damn umbrella, she won't be able to get into communication? 

If God didn't want me, or any other women, to gain an education or have any intelligence, I think he would've made us unable to learn, if that makes sense. 

If he only wanted women to be beautiful and pleasing to their husbands, why would he allow ugly women? 

I despise the thought that women who aren't married/sold at 18 and then who become brood mares are 'dreary and sad.' They're only dreary and sad because they have people telling them they're pitiful, forgotten, unworthy,  etc. Do they totally skip the verses about being single is better to devote time to God? Does the Bible say anything about having to be married by a specific age? NO. These people are cruel.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The umbrella is kind of like a tinfoil hat, albeit with the opposite purpose. The umbrella conducts the talk to god and an umbrella-free woman is lacking, of course. I really really hate the worldview of these super-breeding morons.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

A woman's "freedom" in Christ? Wtf? And those Duggar girls' husbands better get on the ball and start providing.

Aaaaaaaaaand, Michelle better get on the ball managing the home. Oh, she thought that drawing means the children manage the home.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Aaaaaaaaaand, Michelle better get on the ball managing the home. Oh, she thought that drawing means the children manage the home.

IKR? It needed another little sub-umbrealla for the sister-moms.

Edited by Sew Sumi
need to type with readers. Accepantance is the first step. LOL
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

"Young people: Singles from 13 to 30 years of age. Men/Women: Married, or 25 years and older."

So if your single you're a young person until 30, but if you're married you're an adult at 25?

If they're including both men and women, I wonder if it's a form of matchmaking for older unmarried funnies. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

If they're including both men and women, I wonder if it's a form of matchmaking for older unmarried funnies. 

"Older unmarried funnies." Best line!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

That's autocorrect. I meant to write unmarried fundies and I didn't pay attention to the change when I hit send. 

We know you did, but it was funny how it came out. It gave me a chuckle I needed.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Young people: Singles from 13 to 30 years of age. Men/Women: Married, or 25 years and older."

So if your single you're a young person until 30, but if you're married you're an adult at 25?

13-year-old singles. Jeesh. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

13-year-old singles. Jeesh. 

But just think, there could be the possibility of a 13 year old NON single, so you must specify instead of "teenagers and single adults to age 30"

• Love 2

Remember when they posted a picture of Joy with the Texas necklace on and we wondered if the necklace had any meaning?

Remember when we hadn't seen Anna in any current pictures and we wondered if she was pregnant?

My mind keeps going back to the picture of Jana smiling while opening a card attached to a Valentines delivery of flowers. Methinks they are being coy........

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes. This is a mistake or overlook a whole lot of churches, not just crazy Duggar churches make. They focus on kids, youth through high school, then jump straight to young marrieds. Anyone over 35 is pushed in with the elderly. A lot are doing more with college now, and you'll have some 25-30 year old 'stragglers' who all but have to be forced out of the college group. But for he most part, even more progressive churches are just now figuring out that there's usualllt a big gap in years and maturity from a high school senior to a young married parent. Maybe that worked when most people married at 18 straight out of high school, if they even finished, but this has been out of date thinking for at least 40 years.

• Love 7

I am over 30 and still single.  A church I used to go to had what I called the "singles looking to hook up and move into the young marrieds" group  Now they have two singles groups: one  for under 30 and one for over 60.   There are quite a few people 30 - 60 who are single, but in a lot of churches (not just fundies) this is a forgotten group (at least until they are asking for tithes and in their eyes, singles should have more free money to give to them).   

To get back on topic, I think Jana would like to find someone, but she has been raising the younger kids so long and running the house, if I were her, I would want a break from all of that. For most of us we go to college or just move out with friends and figure life out.   I still wish she would meet someone who would take her away from all of this and just be a couple for a while without immediately having children and let Jana figure out what life is like (and what she is like) without raising Michelle's kids.  It almost seems like maybe Jinger is getting this chance.  

• Love 9
On 3/16/2017 at 1:05 PM, Lunera said:

Jana's dream guy sounds a lot like Chad Paine. I'm sure Jana wants to get married but after seeing the losers her sisters ended up with she'll be willing to wait for her perfect guy.

I've always thought Chad was far and away the gold standard of husbands, at least in their world (and frankly, he's a catch in the real world, too). Cute, attentive, a good father, legit job, and works with his hands. And, according to Instagram, does a ton of work around the house like building furniture, making improvements, etc. None of the Duggar son-in-laws are worth a damn in comparison. I hope Jana holds out for a Chad Paine and, judging by the fact that she is still single, probably is.

The only thing better would be if she found a well-off non-fundie with the patience to help her de-program before sweeping her off to his penthouse in a large city. Or that cute Duggar cameraman that was rumored to have had interest in her. Frank something or other? The dirt he would have on that family would guarantee that JB would let her go, lest it all become public.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 7
On 3/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, GeeGolly said:

Well, you know. The Pope and the Dalai Lama were quite immature at 28. 

Josh and Anna Smuggar, on the other hand .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
On 3/16/2017 at 2:04 PM, Churchhoney said:

Of course not.  In this religion God is most definitely a man.  He can't be seen talking to single women, tongues would wag!  God cannot be seen as being defrauded.

• Love 9
On 3/19/2017 at 1:59 PM, flyingdi said:

Of course not.  In this religion God is most definitely a man.  He can't be seen talking to single women, tongues would wag!  God cannot be seen as being defrauded.

Just ignore/don't read John 4. (Story of Jesus talking to (1) a woman (2) of another race/tribe who were looked down upon and considered inferior to the Jews (3) who also happened to be the town slut.)

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 4
On 3/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, GeeGolly said:

Lumping 13 year old girls in with 30 year old women?  An unmarried 13 year old is considered a single?  Excuse me, but I thought 13 year olds were still young girls AND minors, not marriage material.  These people are just sickos.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Lumping 13 year old girls in with 30 year old women?  An unmarried 13 year old is considered a single?  Excuse me, but I thought 13 year olds were still young girls AND minors, not marriage material.  These people are just sickos.

Yep.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, toodles said:

These people are just sickos.

The 13 year olds get to go to Journey of the Heart if they are "rebellious", "unteachable", or show too much interest in members of the opposite sex. Or the same sex.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, LilJen said:

Just ignore/don't read John 4. (Story of Jesus talking to (1) a woman (2) of another race/tribe who were looked down upon and considered inferior to the Jews (3) who also happened to be the town slut.)

That was the passage our church read and had a sermon in last Sunday :)

• Love 2
22 hours ago, LilJen said:

The Duggars say they believe in Jesus, they just don't seem all that big on the New Testament.  Everything they preach comes from the Old Testament.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

The Duggars say they believe in Jesus, they just don't seem all that big on the New Testament.  Everything they preach comes from the Old Testament.

I'm surprise they like or believing in Jesus too. They are so against everything He would have said and did. Its because of Jesus we don't have to follow the rules from the Old Testament. Jesus was all about including everyone in his message children, people from different backgrounds. Basically, everyone the Duggars reject and trying to take rights away from and hate is something Jesus was never do or hate. He spent time with people who would have been considered outcasts at the time I'm not saying anyone the Duggars hate are outcasts only that Jesus never worried that he needed to stay away from or condemn groups Jesus didn't hate them or reject them. He included them and helped those in need. The Duggars are so afraid of sin and Satan etc. But Jesus never was. Jesus really wouldn't be someone they would like.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Am I the only one here who wonders how a religious group can be so much into redemption and forgiveness, yet also so much into guilt,shaming, and blaming?

Uhm, no.

• Love 10