Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, charmed1 said:

That’s the name of the oldest Duggar spawn they keep locked away in the attic.

I thought that was Caleb. Off to the prayer closet and gassing up my handbasket to hell.

HBD Jana and JD. I hope you escape prison this year. 

Can't wait to see what DFO has to say. edit: cross-posted with Lunera and the post took forever to load. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

Looks like Sammy still has the adhesive on his face for a cannula. Oxygen? 

4 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

What is on Samuel's temple there?

I guess we posted at the same time. It looks like adhesive for a cannula. Maybe oxygen or a feeding tube. Nothing is there now though. Maybe he sleeps with oxygen?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180112-103145-703x1153.thumb.jpg.a88ad8bb16ceeb3138f002bec55146d0.jpg77dc8125-c00e-40dc-ab6f-ae914b593c8f.thumb.jpg.9c585ddcd4fec035f7c49684b478420d.jpg

Happy "down under" birthday doesn't sound right

These 2 deserve way more praise than this shitty post. 

"These two have double the joy, the love...." does idiot Meechelle mean "doubled" or that they receive double the joy...?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180112-103145-703x1153.thumb.jpg.a88ad8bb16ceeb3138f002bec55146d0.jpg77dc8125-c00e-40dc-ab6f-ae914b593c8f.thumb.jpg.9c585ddcd4fec035f7c49684b478420d.jpg

Happy "down under" birthday doesn't sound right

These 2 deserve way more praise than this shitty post. 

Pssstttt....Jana........next time you feel that your stripey dress is too short, think about putting a pair of capri leggings underneath it, INSTEAD OF ANOTHER FREAKIN' SKIRT.  You will never land "Prince Charming" wearing double skirts...... but maybe that's your goal.

((On a shallow note, for some reason Jana looks like a young Heather Locklear in the stripey skirt-skirt get-up pic. She also looks like she's been up all night with the baby, which she probably was.))

• Love 3

Samuel is also hooked up to a portable at-home apnea monitor in that picture.  I know he had one in one of the first pictures Derrick had posted when they were still in the hospital, but that’s the first proof I’ve seen of one actually at home.

The oxygen tape does not come off for anything!  I think my daughter had hers on for a few weeks before they fell off.  We were instructed not to pull them off ourselves.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 13

I gave a feeling that Michelle wasn’t supposed to be releasing that photo of Jana and the boys.  We have not  been shown or told about Samuel being monitored for sleep apnea at home.  We’ve only been told about oxygen at the hospital. 

• Love 13

She was introduced onstage as a "family friend." *wink wink*

I also heard that Laura DeMaisie was also there. I guess Mechelle had to hire out some help for Jana for kid-wrangling. 

Pickles also reported that the Duggars got a spendy traffic ticket for running a red light. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Isn't Kendra's sister Lauren? Is this her or a different Lauren?

Edited to add: It could easily be a different Lauren as it was a very popular name in '80s, '90s and '00s. I've knowns tons of Laurens, and one season of The Bachelor had four Laurens. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

Thanks! I should have known. Kendra's sister looks like just like Kendra, and that must be Lauren Swanson above.  I agreed a courtship with Kendra's sister seemed possible. I wonder if the Duggars would have the same qualms about family members with the same name as the Maxwells. 

@Yukibear good to know, I find it hard to believe having more kids will help you live longer. Maybe in terms of keeping your DNA on the planet. One of my friends is convinced Michelle must have serious medical problems from having so many kids (she brings it up any time I mention the Duggars).  Anyway JB and Michelle are in their early 50s. Start making that claim a few years into your 80s.  

• Love 6

Who is the first dude in the picture? I'm thinking maybe Josie needs glasses. At first glance I thought she was napping on the table but she appears to be signing a book. The book posted doesn't have her name. She must take too long and they bypass her until she's done. Where are Jordyn, Jennifer, Johannah, JD and Jana?

I didn't know there were so many different ways to make a J.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is the first dude in the picture? I'm thinking maybe Josie needs glasses. At first glance I thought she was napping on the table but she appears to be signing a book. The book posted doesn't have her name. She must take too long and they bypass her until she's done. Where are Jordyn, Jennifer, Johannah, JD and Jana?

Josie signed the book. It's in green right under Jason. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Widows need help? Wtf?

They still play it like in the Little House on the Prairie days when a widow my struggle on a farm or something.

God forbid a widow got a job and went into the world without a son or husband by their side to protect them. Then again, they shelter females to the point of almost being unemployable.

JB would be a washed up politician selling cars and houses if he didn't have Michelle's womanly uterus by his side. The way they devalue women is offensive.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Widows need help? Wtf?

That makes more sense if a) someone in their senior years, or b)a woman is young and widowed with a ton of kids. So far all three married parent Duggars get lots of help with their kids. i.e. leaving them at TTH with Aunt Jana. Imagine anyone of them being left with their brood to manage. Or someone with more kids, since they're quiverfull. or c) the Duggar kids seem pretty equally to have skills and education, but a lot of fundie families probably train and spend more training their boys to have skills since they need to support the family but the girls are given less formal education to be housewives. 

Edited by Temperance
to include c
  • Love 5

Find a widow and rake her yard. Your husband is your spiritual leader. We are all broken, but can be fixed (thank-you Jesus).

If they spoke this way on TV, they would not have a show. I've never heard such preaching before.

They did all seem like genuinely nice people who had plenty of time for everyone.

Edited by BCDL
  • Love 14

We all knew the time would come when they would have to start marrying off the boys. Now it's Josiah's turn and they pick a girl that looks like Anna (profile). I hope that Si is happy and not being forced to do something he doesn't want to do.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Because lord knows we women surely can't take our own yards! Or mow the lawns. Or shovel snow.

Only when fully dressed, covered head to toe, otherwise you'll ruin all the marriages in the neighborhood. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

tumblr_p2haisuth61r9t2zdo1_1280.png

tumblr_p2haisuth61r9t2zdo2_1280.png

Is Josiah courting? The book is signed "Lauren & Josiah." 

My only hope is that the Duggars outnumbered the paying crowd.       I'm sure they didn't, since fame brings gawking, no matter the nature of the famous. 

But I can dream. 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Your subconscious probably provides you with an original way to make a J (and every other letter) when it realizes that this will be the only self-initiated individuality you'll ever be permitted to express!

• Love 12

I kept staring at the first female sitting next to Josiah.  Is it Anna?  Is it Jessa?  No.  It's a mix of both with Gothard Approved Banana Curls, the Fundie Bump, and the curls covering the bust.

So all the Duggar boys will marry girls that could be their sisters?

• Love 9

Either way, I think we found the source of the "crying Duggars at the hospital", despite the intact eye makeup Jana looks a bit soggy around the edges.  Izzy is looking a little troubled too.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

We all knew the time would come when they would have to start marrying off the boys. Now it's Josiah's turn and they pick a girl that looks like Anna (profile). I hope that Si is happy and not being forced to do something he doesn't want to do.

I think the courtship is all Josiah's idea.  He tried this a few years ago when he was much younger and he has probably always wanted to find another girl.  Now he too will be one of the cool kids~

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Michelle uses glasses/readers and probably posted that without seeing the medical stuff hooked up to Sammy!! 

(said at someone Michelle's age who can't see a damn thing either)

I noticed she usually has a "ReaderRest" glasses clip on her clothes. Those are the magnetic reading glasses holders featured on Shark Tank. She forgot to take it off for that recent family photo shoot. 

• Love 2

Response to BigSkyGirl, re: JD fleeing. She wrote: The question is would JD have the skills to live in a Duggar free world. He may have some work experience, but without daddy to buy him planes and the necessary skills to be in the real world, he may end up going back to Duggar Land with his tail between his legs.

Yep, I agree.

But ... that doesn't happen to everybody. So I still want him -- and the rest of them! -- to try.

I think J.D.'s worst problem in the "real world" would be a total lack of confidence that he could make it and a lack of confidence in his own abilities and self-worth and all that. They've had it drummed into their heads that, individually and on their own and without Duggar religion and family, they're nothing, I think. And they've had it drilled into them that, if they were to run up against obstacles in the real world, those obstacles are to be feared and probably mean the devil and devilish are out to get them, etc.

So mindset would be more of barrier for JD -- who does clearly have some skills, some drive and some work ethic -- than a lack of ability to make a life apart from the TTH, I expect. ... I would not say the same for many of the others. I think a lot of them do lack skills, drive and work ethic. But I think some of them -- notably JD and Jana -- do have those things.

And, no, I don't think they're Henry Ford or Martha Stewart or anything. But I'd bet they have as good a set of skills, drive and work ethic as the average -- or maybe slightly below average person (to state the more pessimistic case). And near-average people can live on their own and make decisions about their own lives and be happy adults who feel like adults. 

It makes me sad that thanks to the family brainwashing, they'll probably never know what it means to function as individual, free adults. Because I think they could do it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Of the Duggar men (including sons-in-law) JD does have a half way decent work ethic. I do wonder how many hours a week he does actually work. In order to survive in the real world, he would need to work forty plus hours a week to support a wife and family or even just himself. He probably sets his own hours since technically he runs his own business and flies when JB decides it is time for him to fly. I think it would be more than mental mindset for JD to head out in the real world. He would need to deal with people who do not share his family beliefs and prejudice and realize every one is equal. Plus the fact he would need to live down what Josh did because he would be judge by what his family has done and will be doing in the future. He might feel safer hiding out with his family than to face the big evil world. He has been taught more than once it is the evil world to be blamed for what Josh has done, and no one except for a few people are to be trusted. He may also feel it is easier to let JB run his life than deal with real world. I know people who had a half way decent childhood who feel the same way. Why go out and deal with the real world when it is much safer to hide at home and live with mom and dad because it is much safer and more comfortable and/or let them run their whole life for them.

He may not live at home, but he is still under JB's thumb. I think it was in one episode where JB said he wanted to have complete control over his kids until they got married because controlled kids do not get into trouble etc. etc. or he said something close to it. I think they are trying to portray JD has the golden older son since portraying Josh as the golden oldest son came back to bite them in the behind.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Response to BigSkyGirl, re: JD fleeing. She wrote: The question is would JD have the skills to live in a Duggar free world. He may have some work experience, but without daddy to buy him planes and the necessary skills to be in the real world, he may end up going back to Duggar Land with his tail between his legs.

Yep, I agree.

But ... that doesn't happen to everybody. So I still want him -- and the rest of them! -- to try.

I think J.D.'s worst problem in the "real world" would be a total lack of confidence that he could make it and a lack of confidence in his own abilities and self-worth and all that. They've had it drummed into their heads that, individually and on their own and without Duggar religion and family, they're nothing, I think. And they've had it drilled into them that, if they were to run up against obstacles in the real world, those obstacles are to be feared and probably mean the devil and devilish are out to get them, etc.

So mindset would be more of barrier for JD -- who does clearly have some skills, some drive and some work ethic -- than a lack of ability to make a life apart from the TTH, I expect. ... I would not say the same for many of the others. I think a lot of them do lack skills, drive and work ethic. But I think some of them -- notably JD and Jana -- do have those things.

And, no, I don't think they're Henry Ford or Martha Stewart or anything. But I'd bet they have as good a set of skills, drive and work ethic as the average -- or maybe slightly below average person (to state the more pessimistic case). And near-average people can live on their own and make decisions about their own lives and be happy adults who feel like adults. 

It makes me sad that thanks to the family brainwashing, they'll probably never know what it means to function as individual, free adults. Because I think they could do it. 

JD and Jana may have an average skill set but they lack a typical transition into adulthood. Most kids ease into adulthood by riding their bike a little farther, staying home alone, working a part-time job, going away to college, etc. It's one of the reasons Jill is failing at adulthood - she went from crying in daddy's shoulder at the dentist to the marriage bed without much in between. This lack of transition would certainly add to a lack of self-confidence.

If JD is as laid back as he appears, I think he would be able to manage and push through the initial discomfort of calling all his own shots.

• Love 9