Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

In fact I'm trying to think of ANY biblical woman who had 19 children. Nope coming up empty.  And that was before birth control.  I guess Michelle is just holier than those OTHER women.  In a class all by herself.  When she get's to heaven she thinks there is a checklist waiting for her - how MANY children did you have?  Not - did you care for them responsibly?  Did you pass them off to other children to raise for you like they were burdens or something?  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Defrauder said:

In fact I'm trying to think of ANY biblical woman who had 19 children. Nope coming up empty.  And that was before birth control.  I guess Michelle is just holier than those OTHER women.  In a class all by herself.  When she get's to heaven she thinks there is a checklist waiting for her - how MANY children did you have?  Not - did you care for them responsibly?  Did you pass them off to other children to raise for you like they were burdens or something?  

SOMEONE CALL THE BURN UNIT

• Love 18

I can't think of a subject that this family has discussed without suggesting (I'm being nice) that their way of doing things differently is THE way compared to the rest of us. Express youself without putting others down, Duggars. That and the fact that they are hypocrites grates on my nerves.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Aja said:

SOMEONE CALL THE BURN UNIT

oh_snap_mouse_pad-rd06f9dd680034d90b1d826da4df4e089_x74vi_8byvr_324.jpg

Oh please, women don't avoid pregnancy because it's 'painful' or view children as 'burdens'.

It would blow Joy's mid that millions of women don't have 19 kids is becuse have a huge number of kids hurts The Children, not the mother.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, Defrauder said:

From Joy Anna's public birthday letter to Michelle:

I don't think I can express in words how thankful I am for you!!

First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!!

I know that a lot of women wouldn't go though the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life, but you see children from God's perspective, as a blessing! Even though you knew it wasn't going to be easy, you surrendered it to God & trusted that He would get you through! And for that, He has blessed you!

Thank you for being consistent over the years in reminding me to do what is right, to honor God, and to be respectful to others;

Look Joy-Anna - your mother loved every minute of being pregnant first of all and if she's telling you what a martyr she was don't believe it.  By the way your sentence about knowing that a lot of women wouldn't go through the 'pain of pregnancy just to have another burden to take care of' was a put down to women who plan their families in other ways than your mother does and is not being respectful to others.  And one more thing - you weren't a burden for her to take care of she passed you off to a buddy after you were weaned.  

If I had a child write that into a birthday card for me I would be so devastated that all she sees me as is the person that gave birth to them.

• Love 16

Well, sometimes I've thought I hate pain so much it's a good thing I never got pregnant, lol.  (Of course, that's because I never got pregnant, so nobody presented me with a fait accompli.  I'm so fond of babies I probably would've held on with my nails regardless.)

I feel like to some extent Joy is showing original thought.  I mean, do we have evidence Michelle talks to and of them as burdens?  It clearly wouldn't be GOOD original thought, but in my mind, I imagine Michelle babbling nonstop about how children are a blessing, full stop, 'cuz that's what you'd do to and around everybody if you were churning out 19 and felt they were "God's will".

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Defrauder said:

I know that a lot of women wouldn't go though the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life,

Tell me again how there got to be over 7 billion people on the planet?

What a dumbass. Seriously. And MEEEEEEchelle sees children "from God's perspective."? What a load of shit they're all full of.

• Love 12

OMG, Joy. I will fully admit that I am a selfish SOB. But my daughter is 17 months old and she came in a very, very difficult birth. And you know what? I have never looked at her as a burden. I can't wait to have another child. I'm even hoping for two more. But you know what? I will NEVER have 19 kids (even if I was young enough to try). Maybe MOST mothers don't want to put the burden of having 18 siblings on their precious babies.

GOD. These people need some real life experience. Young adults are insufferable as it is.  These kids are extra insufferable because of their lack of life experience and they don't even realize that their perspectives could possibly be wrong. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

OMG, Joy. I will fully admit that I am a selfish SOB. But my daughter is 17 months old and she came in a very, very difficult birth. And you know what? I have never looked at her as a burden. I can't wait to have another child. I'm even hoping for two more. But you know what? I will NEVER have 19 kids (even if I was young enough to try). Maybe MOST mothers don't want to put the burden of having 18 siblings on their precious babies.

GOD. These people need some real life experience. Young adults are insufferable as it is.  These kids are extra insufferable because of their lack of life experience and they don't even realize that their perspectives could possibly be wrong. 

Same here...though my oldest is now 31, but he was a very difficult birth which might easily have killed me. I had my daughter 22 months later (very, or at least comparatively easy pregnancy and birth that time around), and another son about three and a half years after that (another dicey delivery). The doctors told me I shouldn't try having any more, but I had no intention of it after three anyway. Not because pregnancy and delivery were so difficult; I gladly went through it all for the sake of having them. And I do remember thinking even then how cool it would be to crank out a dozen despite the risks, just for the incomparable feeling of accomplishment in building a whole, living, breathing, thinking human being with his or her own unique personality from scratch, and watcing it bloom and develop. If I'd gone that route, I'm sure I'd have seen each child as a blessing, and as a heathen, it would not have been because Jesus said so. However, I also recognized my and my husband's limitations as parents and providers, and knew that it would be in nobody's best interest to keep having babies as a hobby. They are worth so much more than that!

• Love 8

Joy's birthday greeting to Mama certainly made me hark back to Meechelle's letter to Jubilee --

Joy:

"First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!! I know that a lot of women wouldn't go through the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life..."

Michelle:

"So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer or a career interrupter. We love babies!"

• Love 3
On 9/15/2016 at 11:41 AM, Defrauder said:

From Joy Anna's public birthday letter to Michelle:

I don't think I can express in words how thankful I am for you!!

First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!!

I know that a lot of women wouldn't go though the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life, but you see children from God's perspective, as a blessing! Even though you knew it wasn't going to be easy, you surrendered it to God & trusted that He would get you through! And for that, He has blessed you!

Thank you for being consistent over the years in reminding me to do what is right, to honor God, and to be respectful to others;

Guess God frowned down upon Mother Teresa.

• Love 6

"We love babies!" sounds like the mindless ranting of a disturbed woman.  Michelle loves babies, as in what a baby REPRESENTS.  I'm sure she loves being pregnant with those babies so the world can see how she's dutifully filling up her quiver, and so her headship can strut around like a potent peacock.  It's after they're born, and start to enter that adorable stage where they begin to show a unique personality...that's when it's not so much fun anymore for Michelle, and it's time for her to quickly get another bun baking in the oven.  To say "We love babies!" implies rather strongly that she loves the process of growing the baby.  After that, game over, move along..."hey, Number Five, here's your New Buddy - meet Number 15!  Momma OUT."

This whole exchange between Joy and Michelle is sickening, a huge FU to everyone, and yet another way to insulate their specialness from us heathens that don't love babies because we choose to only have one, or two, or none.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Joy's birthday greeting to Mama certainly made me hark back to Meechelle's letter to Jubilee --

Joy:

"First of all, thank you for going through the pain of pregnancy & delivery to have me!! I know that a lot of women wouldn't go through the pain of pregnancy just to have another 'burden' to take care of in life..."

Michelle:

"So often in society, babies are looked upon as a problem, trial or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing. We do not believe that babies are a bother, a headache, or a financial drainer or a career interrupter. We love babies!"

You may like babies, but CHILDREN are another story.  I just can't with these people.

• Love 4

Michelle:

Ummm...as far as I can see, society in general does not equate the words "problem" and trial" with "babies", but I'm beyond puzzled about her throwing "responsibility" in that same category. Yes, Michele, children ARE a responsibility.  The biggest one you will ever have in your life. And, yes. most people WOULD agree with that. Why, do you not?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Joy:

Michelle:

Uh, Michelle, a baby IS a responsibility. Not everyone is willing to, oh let's say, house 14 kids in a two-bedroom house. Nor do we all have network sponsorship of our lives. And I could go on and on (right, Suspish??).

These jackasses. 

• Love 10

Why do these people make such things public? Do they just put these things out there because they think it makes them look good? do they get permission to do so? Just a regular family that happens to be on tv......okay then.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Michelle:

Ummm...as far as I can see, society in general does not equate the words "problem" and trial" with "babies", but I'm beyond puzzled about her throwing "responsibility" in that same category. Yes, Michele, children ARE a responsibility.  The biggest one you will ever have in your life. And, yes. most people WOULD agree with that. Why, do you not?

Well, not the people who go through with having them - usually, there are always those depressing stories about the women who are so man-hungry they let the man abuse and sometimes kill their children, the exceptions who prove the rule - but those people types do exist, in the forms of the throngs of those I see on the Internet all the time dismissively referring to parents of human children as "breeders", and of themselves as "child-free", in a manner that suggests they think they've just said something hilariously witty.  (The inclusion of "free", clearly meaning "if I did have 'em I'd be trapped, and in chains".)

As for "responsibility", well; as we've discussed obliquely before as a group:  Michelle's simply not that smart.  Someone with an IQ above 90 wouldn't be in this mess in the first place; or would know the sensical phrasing is "too much responsibility".

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Well, not the people who go through with having them - usually, there are always those depressing stories about the women who are so man-hungry they let the man abuse and sometimes kill their children, the exceptions who prove the rule - but those people types do exist, in the forms of the throngs of those I see on the Internet all the time dismissively referring to parents of human children as "breeders", and of themselves as "child-free", in a manner that suggests they think they've just said something hilariously witty.  (The inclusion of "free", clearly meaning "if I did have 'em I'd be trapped, and in chains".)

As for "responsibility", well; as we've discussed obliquely before as a group:  Michelle's simply not that smart.  Someone with an IQ above 90 wouldn't be in this mess in the first place; or would know the sensical phrasing is "too much responsibility".

FYI, the term "Childfree" doesn't imply that if you had children you'd be in chains, it's a response to the term "childless" which implies a LACK of children. Childfree means you have made a conscious effort not to have children, compared to "childless" which means you lack them, may have one in the future. (As a Childfree woman I wanted to make the distinction)

Michelle also gets me with this, some people choose not to have children because they cannot care for them properly, or some people choose not to have biological children because of health issues etc. That doesn't make a  person (especially a woman) a less kind/moral/upstanding human being. Having a working reproductive system doesn't mean you're Mother of the Year....ugh. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Michelle:

But we don't care about them once they've grown into toddlers , children , teens ...

• Love 12
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

and of themselves as "child-free", in a manner that suggests they think they've just said something hilariously witty

What Scarlett45 said. I am child-free because I have decided not to reproduce and do not think that makes me less-than as implied by the construction "childless." The choice of construction here is to make it clear that not reproducing is not a loss, but a choice. Nothing to do with thinking I am hilariously witty.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why do these people make such things public? Do they just put these things out there because they think it makes them look good? do they get permission to do so? Just a regular family that happens to be on tv......okay then.

It reminds me of posts on Facebook: We all have that friend that we know is in a terrible marriage/relationship.  Our friend is being abused and mistreated by their partner -- but all her FB posts are about how wonderful the partner is that day.  "Darren got me flowers for no reason! I have the best husband ever!"  Honey, Darren threw a glass at you yesterday.  In the Duggars' world, the eldest brother molested every molestable girl during that time period....  Joyless writes about how awesome her mother is -- instead of telling the truth about the woman who did nothing to protect her children from abuse 

• Love 17

I wonder how they would  have handled if MEchelle was told for health reasons she shouldn't have any more children before they jumped on the Gothard train and/or left it up to God because of the Caleb miscarriage?  Would they have been like most of us & taken the doctor's recommendation and just have had Josh, Jana & John David?  Or even if they decided between themselves only to have one or two children because of a health problem as me & my husband did. I tell people that because we only had one child, God sure did give us a great one.

I'm still bewildered about Joy's letter. What 18 yr old says those things? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm still bewildered about Joy's letter. What 18 yr old says those things? 

An 18-year-old who's been so successfully brainwashed that she only says canned crap she's been carefully coached to say and not only doesn't say anything else but is so ignorant that she doesn't even know or imagine anything else?

I remember at least one and I think two of Joy's equally absurd sermons in praise of Jizm Bob -- all about how he's unique among fathers because he constantly does so much to teach them all the skills they'll need to navigate the adult world and take care of themselves better than any other kids will ever be prepared to do. The exact same pile of complete falsehoods, utterly mistaken notions about both what their family does and what the rest of the world does, and monstrous family arrogance.

It's Gothard-y stuff, and it's the big reason Jizm Boob and Meeeeechelle love Gothard so much. Gothard's crap is all designed to browbeat children and young people into believing that hypocritical control-freak mean-kids like Gothard and the Duggars are God's chosen and perfect creations and must be obeyed to the jot and tittle (even when you're being, say, molested by them or by somebody they've allowed to do it). 

JB and M are very lucky that they've given birth to a brood of children so idiotic and spineless that all of them appear to swallow this nonsense, hook, line, sinker. And said children very unlucky for the same reason, of course.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

I was looking for something and saw a headline quickly regarding a video by one of the Duggars. It was how one can save money doing your own car repairs and such. The video looked like it was about a big one, changing your own windshield wipers, oh my! I didn't watch it because my tablet doesn't get along with videos. A car part store near me does this huge replacement for free, lol. So much to learn from this group!

• Love 7

These girls are bred to breed. C'mon, do normal parents have ovulation charts on their fridge, leave their children to other children so the mother is joyfully available for their buddy/husband, or walk around the creation museum with no cares in the world while their children parent? Michelle is a breeder and these lost girls honor her for not aborting them. The whole idea of the show is breeding.

Strange that Joy and Jana planned the 'graduation' party and not the mother who cherishes them so much. Also, the effort of having a party for each child that graduates would be too many parties? Once in a lifetime, is too special for each individual child? Wow, what a joke. It shows how much the graduation really means to them. They may have mass weddings ala the Moonies soon.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 14

Regarding the party, yeah. Jana would have done all the planning and set-up even if her presence wasn't needed for episode fodder. There was also a scene during the regular series where Joy was trying to do Bible study with the little kids and they were acting up. Joy told them to behave otherwise she'd tell Jana. Not Mom or Dad. Michelle's been checked out for a long, long time.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, sometimesy said:

These girls are bred to breed. C'mon, do normal parents have ovulation charts on their fridge, leave their children to other children so the mother is joyfully available for their buddy/husband, or walk around the creation museum with no cares in the world while their children parent? Michelle is a breeder and these lost girls honor her for not aborting them. The whole idea of the show is breeding.

Strange that Joy and Jana planned the 'graduation' party and not the mother who cherishes them so much. Also, the effort of having a party for each child that graduates would be too many parties? Once in a lifetime, is too special for each individual child? Wow, what a joke. It shows how much the graduation really means to them. They may have mass weddings ala the Moonies soon.

They need to get over themselves with all the 19 kids stuff at this point. 19 graduations parties over the course of, what, 30 years? By the time Josh graduated half the kids were teenagers. They continue to talk as if they have 19 young children under foot. Isn't Josie almost 7 years old?

And if you purposely give birth to 19 burdens blessings, shouldn't the parents be making the sacrifices, not always the children?

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

An 18-year-old who's been so successfully brainwashed that she only says canned crap she's been carefully coached to say and not only doesn't say anything else but is so ignorant that she doesn't even know or imagine anything else?

I remember at least one and I think two of Joy's equally absurd sermons in praise of Jizm Bob -- all about how he's unique among fathers because he constantly does so much to teach them all the skills they'll need to navigate the adult world and take care of themselves better than any other kids will ever be prepared to do. The exact same pile of complete falsehoods, utterly mistaken notions about both what their family does and what the rest of the world does, and monstrous family arrogance.

It's Gothard-y stuff, and it's the big reason Jizm Boob and Meeeeechelle love Gothard so much. Gothard's crap is all designed to browbeat children and young people into believing that hypocritical control-freak mean-kids like Gothard and the Duggars are God's chosen and perfect creations and must be obeyed to the jot and tittle (even when you're being, say, molested by them or by somebody they've allowed to do it). 

JB and M are very lucky that they've given birth to a brood of children so idiotic and spineless that all of them appear to swallow this nonsense, hook, line, sinker. And said children very unlucky for the same reason, of course.

Well said.  As we know the church of Gothard and the house church of JB is mostly full of crap.   It's funny they are so isolated from anyone who isn't into their distorted brand of believing yet they try to claim that they are better - than others.  They have little information about 'others', other than what they have been brainwashed to believe.

• Love 3

I had a weird dream about the Duggars last night (I know, I know). I dreamed Josiah met an up and coming Christian music singer at some public venue, and they started texting/talking on the phone in secret. An official courtship progressed but she called it off because she couldn't stand the cult of Jim Bob. Josiah was so broken hearted he eloped with her and ran into the sunset. 

Can an you believe?!! I have never had a Duggar dream before. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had a weird dream about the Duggars last night (I know, I know). I dreamed Josiah met an up and coming Christian music singer at some public venue, and they started texting/talking on the phone in secret. An official courtship progressed but she called it off because she couldn't stand the cult of Jim Bob. Josiah was so broken hearted he eloped with her and ran into the sunset. 

Can an you believe?!! I have never had a Duggar dream before. 

Your dream could be based on Marjorie. She is a writer not a Christian music singer, but Marjorie would have been an incredible addition to the show. After seeing Josiah's talking heads lately, I understand why she bolted. She would have been such a breath of fresh air with her ambitions. So young, so energetic, very pretty girl, no wonder it wouldn't work. I suspect your dream was accurate and she couldn't stand the cult of Boob. The Josh scandal happened around the same time, but it's not too far fetched to think that Boob went into super dictator mode and Marjorie fled. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Your dream could be based on Marjorie. She is a writer not a Christian music singer, but Marjorie would have been an incredible addition to the show. After seeing Josiah's talking heads lately, I understand why she bolted. She would have been such a breath of fresh air with her ambitions. So young, so energetic, very pretty girl, no wonder it wouldn't work. I suspect your dream was accurate and she couldn't stand the cult of Boob. The Josh scandal happened around the same time, but it's not too far fetched to think that Boob went into super dictator mode and Marjorie fled. 

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Boob felt that Marjorie would have been a threat to his machinations. Just by being everything his kids are NOT, Marjorie was seen by Boob to be someone his kids wished they could be. He couldn't have that.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Boob felt that Marjorie would have been a threat to his machinations. Just by being everything his kids are NOT, Marjorie was seen by Boob to be someone his kids wished they could be. He couldn't have that.

If Boob was the one to push Marjorie out, he made a huge mistake for the show. Marjorie was exactly what this family needed to be interesting. The lonely J's are way to bring fresh material to the show. 

One of the Rod girls would be a perfect foil for Marjorie. If we could get one of the Lonely J boys to go for the eldest Rod, then get Marjorie back on board. We have a show! 

I hope nobody takes my suggestions seriously (looking at you Boob). 

• Love 1

Marrying young and producing a litter of kids seems to be the last thing a girl (who has as much to bring to the party as Marjorie) would want. The Duggar Model of Guaranteed Failure to Launch would leave her as messed up as they are if she were to marry to young just so she could kiss.

Nurie Rodrigues is a very pretty girl and by all accounts seems very sweet. Though I want more for her than the dismal life she's had thus far, anything that gets her away from her own family shit show of living in a stink RV and starving would be an improvement.  Joseph seems like a nice boy for her.

I'm sure Marjorie wants marriage and babies, but she wants to finish college first. It's easy to see how someone of her drive and ambition would be completely incompatible with the Duggar vision of a proper Duggar wife. Now, she's got more of the makings of a Proverbs 31 woman than ME-Chelle ever dreamed of having. They're always quoting that passage, but the woman described therein is the antithesis of what Duggar wives are: dependent, clingy, simpering, infantilized automatons doing their headship's bidding. Undernourished, undereducated children, often living in poverty and squalor because their overworked mothers are too depressed to give a damn. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nurie Rodrigues is a very pretty girl and by all accounts seems very sweet. Though I want more for her than the dismal life she's had thus far, anything that gets her away from her own family shit show of living in a stink RV and starving would be an improvement.  Joseph seems like a nice boy for her.

Nuri  is a very pretty young lady.  However, her parents need some SERIOUS help.  I don't know much about the family but reading this blog entry from last year just pinged my crazy nerve.  

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1922

The only positive attributes to tout about this young woman is the idea that she is compliant and is good at taking care of children?  

And by the way, the prom isn't "worldly" unless your definition of "worldly" means dancing and having fun with no mention of God in a room full of people who don't all share your world view.  Oh...wait...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think that's definitely a big part of it...if Marjorie was still adamant about going to college and having an actual life of her own, no way would JB and Michelle have allowed Josiah to continue with the relationship. But I thought at the time that Joshgate1 had a lot to do with it, and not in the "Oh she was just using him for fame and now that that's over she's bolting" way that so many online assumed. I think once and/or her parents realised that Josiah agreed with his parents on how they handled the abuse--that there was the best way to deal with such a thing and to prevent it from happening again--Marjorie got the hell out. As well she should have. 

• Love 4

Marjorie's family must be Fundy-Lite since her folks not only have allowed her to attend college, but have encouraged her to do so.

That already makes her more intelligent than any of the eligible Duggar brothers. I don't think any Duggar boy would be encouraged to marry a more educated lady. This would likely be emasculating to them, since their father always acts like a baboon in the presence of more intelligent males. I can only imagine how rankled he'd be to have a verbal beat down from an intelligent female.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Marrying young and producing a litter of kids seems to be the last thing a girl (who has as much to bring to the party as Marjorie) would want. The Duggar Model of Guaranteed Failure to Launch would leave her as messed up as they are if she were to marry to young just so she could kiss.

I'm sure Marjorie wants marriage and babies, but she wants to finish college first. It's easy to see how someone of her drive and ambition would be completely incompatible with the Duggar vision of a proper Duggar wife. Now, she's got more of the makings of a Proverbs 31 woman than ME-Chelle ever dreamed of having. They're always quoting that passage, but the woman described therein is the antithesis of what Duggar wives are: dependent, clingy, simpering, infantilized automatons doing their headship's bidding. Undernourished, undereducated children, often living in poverty and squalor because their overworked mothers are too depressed to give a damn. 

13 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Nuri  is a very pretty young lady.  However, her parents need some SERIOUS help.  I don't know much about the family but reading this blog entry from last year just pinged my crazy nerve.  

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1922

The only positive attributes to tout about this young woman is the idea that she is compliant and is good at taking care of children?  

And by the way, the prom isn't "worldly" unless your definition of "worldly" means dancing and having fun with no mention of God in a room full of people who don't all share your world view.  Oh...wait...

Yet it looks like Mama Rod may think herself a better Christian than the Duggars ...

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2709

I wonder if they will be invited, um invite themselves, to the Duggaloo Wedding. 

They were at Jessa's wedding, IIRC.   Since they are technically, not really on the show, I wonder if they will technically make an appearance this season. All I can say is that they are a law unto themselves. You have been warned.

Since I don't want to stray too far off topic, now that one musical Fundy family is off the air due to the Willis family scandal,  this might be an opportunity for the Rodriguii 

I really do want Jana to escape.  It made me stabby that her only speaking line basically was a big FU that she was implying she liked her life just fine, TYVM.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet it looks like Mama Rod may think herself a better Christian than the Duggars ...

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2709

Women are to be silent in the Church???  What the WHAT?!?!   Are women not a part of the church?!?!

These fundy types are too caught up in gender roles perpetuated by poorly translated bible verses.  IMHO the verses they quote don't mean what they say they do.  Are they not aware that men at that time wore clothing VERY similar to a woman's?  A plain tunic-like linen shift.  

Here is a very interesting article I saw online on this very topic:

http://www.aaronmatthew.com/blog/standards-what-is-biblical/women-and-pants/

IMHO this ban of women's wearing pants is just a lot of bunk.  Old Testament stuff.  And wasn't it that Jesus was born to free us from the old Biblical Law?  Not believing that is decrying one of the tenets of Christianity.  

• Love 7