Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Dragonstone

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Boilergal said:

Lady Mormont and Jorah must be family - anyone know how they are related?

First cousins. The Lord Commander, Jorah's father, was Lyanna's uncle, her mother's older brother. It should be an interesting family reunion. No one has speculated about it much, but I cannot imagine that Lyanna will be pleased since she is a stickler for honor.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
Just now, Drogo said:

Yes- he may be halfway made of stone now but his voice is still like sexy garlic butter.

I mean I literally call hot blonde guy...

I was wondering what would happen to the girls who witnessed Arya's slaughter of the Freys. Would anyone believe their story that Walder poisoned everyone? "But see, it wasn't really Walder. It was this little girl wearing a Walder Scooby-Doo mask. Honest." 

• Love 12

**I see you Grayworm...lookin' like a snack** 

I never was clear, is he a eunuch or just castrated? I really really wanted him and Missandei to hook up. They are both SO freaking gorgeous!!! 

• Love 4

Bran now knows the whole story about Jon's parentage. I'm sure he's heard the story of how Raegar took Lyanna away many times. The raven vision only confirmed what he was told.  What he doesn't know yet is if Lyanna went willingly or against her will.  Will he be able to relay that information to Jon at least before he meets Danaerys is the question. 

I also wondered how Dragonstone was so empty.  So Stannis took everybody with him up North to die?  Is the area around Dragonstone so inhospitable that no one bothered to go there once they learned that Stannis was dead?

• Love 1

So does The Hound go join up with Jon/Sansa/Tormund, or do they continue as rogue independents?

As boring as Bran and Meera are, they are integral to the plot, and I thought we'd see more of them.  Is Dolorous Edd now the Commander of the Night's Watch?  He'll send them to Winterfell, right?

Euron might be bat-shit crazy, but he's hot.  I'm interested in what he's going to do.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ed Sheeran is a singer, but he is not a well-known actor who was in Lord of the Rings. Aside from his appearance on GoT, most of his seven other "acting" credits are Ed Sheeran playing himself. His only real acting credit besides GoT is five episodes of The Bastard Executioner back in 2015.

Kit Harrington is friends with Ed Sheeran. He talks about how they met here:

I am almost positive that a few seasons ago when the dragons were still much smaller, Dany was on a boat with someone else (Jorah?) and the dragons were shown dipping down into the water to catch fish.

ETA: Found it!

ElectricBoogaloo,

My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

5 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

The Dragons must have learned how to fish. They would fly low on the water and blow on the water real hard which would send a big blast of water containing lots of little fish up in the air. Then, they would blast that water with fire which would cook the fish. When they fell back to the water, they would be dead and float on top of the water. The rest is easy!

(Just j/k. I have no idea how they could do that. Probably involves some CGI fish.)

That map sure did a lot like England from one angle. Didn't it?

P.S. For those who didn't know (like me): Ed Sheeran is a well-known singer. He played one of the soldiers who was singing that song.

5 hours ago, MissBluxom said:
Edited by MissBluxom
7 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Although I am curious as hell about how they kept those enormous dragons fed while flying across the ocean.

The whales had a related species that jumped in the air like flying fish.  Except the related species jumped in the air impulsively, and the dragons found them tasty, to the point of extinction.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I can't imagine that anyone in their mind would stay squatting at Dragonstone when they heard that the Dragon Queen is on her way. 

That brings another question to mind: how is it every random person in Westeros knows Dany is coming, but Jon has no idea? How did Cersei find out? Do Jon and Sansa know Cersei blew up everyone in the Sept? How did Arya not hear about such a massive event while traveling up to Riverrun? I know it's petty details, but the flow of information in their world is really strange.

I think up thread someone asked about the distance between Winterfell and Dragonstone. We know King's Landing is a 1,000 miles from WF, and the journey takes a month (as mentioned by Cersei in S1E1). IIRC, Dragonstone is further South than KL, so maybe a month and a half, give or take? 

• Love 2

The story I heard is that Ed Sheeran was on the show because Maisie Williams wanted him on the show.  He's her favorite singer and she asked if he could have a cameo, or something like that.  I didn't know of the Kit connection, but that makes sense too.

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think up thread someone asked about the distance between Winterfell and Dragonstone. We know King's Landing is a 1,000 miles from WF, and the journey takes a month (as mentioned by Cersei in S1E1). IIRC, Dragonstone is further South than KL, so maybe a month and a half, give or take? 

Dragonstone is an island.  I'm not sure that it's further south, I think it's actually just a little north of King's Landing.  But, water.

(edited)

Dragonstone is just across from Kings Landing, with only Blackwater Bay in between. It's very close (one day's sail per Davos in S2.)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That brings another question to mind: how is it every random person in Westeros knows Dany is coming, but Jon has no idea? How did Cersei find out? Do Jon and Sansa know Cersei blew up everyone in the Sept? How did Arya not hear about such a massive event while traveling up to Riverrun? I know it's petty details, but the flow of information in their world is really strange.

Jon hasn't mentioned Daenerys so I don't know if he knows, but you would have to think that Cersei had Daenerys' arrival confirmed by Qybryn's birds and the average person must have heard the rumors at minimum because of all the turmoil. The Ironborn people are fractured and some of their best ships went to Mereen. The Tyrells and Martells sent their fleets to Mereen and are preparing their armies for war against the Lannisters. Daenerys, her dragons, and armies are all in Mereen. It wouldn't take a huge leap to conclude that they have formed an alliance and that Daenerys is on her way to Dragonstone because as Jaime said, it was the logical place for her base where she was born.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

In season 6 Cersei did address to qyburn that she wanted to place the little birds all around the westeros and beyond so she can know what her enemies are doing, thinking and etc. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

When Cersei was walking on that map and discussing all the enemies around her, it was remarkable how little self awareness she showed since she's responsible for most of those enemies.  So much suffering has occurred because Cersei cheated on her husband with her brother, and choose to use birth control with her husband and conceive illegitimate heirs with her brother.   Cersei treated the Tyrells as an enemy and never recognized how much value they were as allies and now the last of the Tyrells will use their resources to support Cersei's enemy.  Dorne is out for her destruction because Cersei was so focused on killing Tyrion that she didn't consider the ramifications of Oberyn's death.  The situation with the Starks is more complicated because Joffery and Tywin's actions played a huge part in that conflict.   Still if Cersei's children had been legitimate Baratheons Ned would still be alive and the North still allies of the Lannisters.  Cersei never sees the big picture to what future consequences could come from her actions.  She sees only what she views as an immediate threat and uses petty and deadly means to eliminate those she hates without taking time to consider what the ramifications will be.  She's all about temporary victories that ultimately lead to worse problems for her later.  She never seems to learn from her errors.  .Jaime isn't innocent either since he was a willing participant in an affair with Cersei even though he knew the risks. 

I can't agree enough with this. All the ill that has befallen the Lannisters are directly and indirectly because of Cersei's bad judgement. By going to war with Daenerys, all Cersie is doing is bringing more death and destruction. I think the only reason their house survives is because of Tyrion's good judgement and Daenerys' affection for him.

• Love 4
(edited)

YAY ED SHEERAN!!!  Kind of weird to see my favorite singer in my favorite show :D

It was good to have Arya met a band of down to earth soldiers.  Too bad they are King Landings soldiers.  One way or the other I do not see this band of men survive this season. 

Sansa was right, Jon was good leader.  He forgave the wildlings so it made sense he would forgive the 2 houses that betrayed him for Boltons.  He wanted the northern houses to band together, not doing petty quables among themselves. 

How I missed Tormund looking at Brienne... I ship them lol !!!

Cersei is becoming a mad queen.  Jaime was right, There was no dynasty without offsprings.

Greyjoy was roasting Jamie left and right, with both hands.. HA!

DAnny did not waste time.  I wonder where she is going next.

Out of all CErsei's enemies, I want Olenna to Kick Cersei's ass

ETA: Sam's job at the Tower.  Eating while watching this episiode is NOT recommended

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 5

I wonder if Sam's experiences will inspire him to invent indoor plumbing in Westeros.

This was a typical Dany episode.  She doesn't really do much, just show up for her epic moment photo op.

• Love 5

I'm terrible with remembering what happened in past seasons, but did I hear Sam correctly last night, that Stannis already told him there was dragon glass under Dragonstone?  Did he forget that incredibly crucial piece of info until just now??  That didn't make any sense to me.

• Love 4

I think the Jon/Sansa disagreement and later their private discussion shows why Jon inspires loyalty and Sansa may not. This idea that Ned was a big dummy and Cersei is a genius at the game fails to take into account that Cersei is terrible and creates more enemies than allies. She achieved what she thinks is ultimate power, but it will never last, because nobody is loyal to her. Ned ruled the North for twenty years and was beloved, so much so that the North still respects him. Sansa may have learned how to scheme from the best, but as a leader, she couldn't have had worse mentors. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

I'm terrible with remembering what happened in past seasons, but did I hear Sam correctly last night, that Stannis already told him there was dragon glass under Dragonstone?  Did he forget that incredibly crucial piece of info until just now??  That didn't make any sense to me.

I think Sam said he didn't believe Stannis?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Yes. Sam seemed to think Stannis was lying, I guess. Which is completely ridiculous. Whatever Stannis was, there would be no reason to lie about such a thing. This seems just to be the writers' way of getting Jon south to collide with Dany. Even though it makes little sense that Sam would ignore Stannis. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady S. said:

Why is the King's Landing sigil still the crowned stag? I guess Gendry could be rowing in circles just outside Blackwater Rush for all we know, but he's certainly not sitting on the throne. 

Speaking of Baratheons, I've just been reminded that Stannis and Mel fucked on that map table, which makes it a bit amusing to see Dany lovingly caressing it.

Good point. Cersei was crowned as Cersei of House Lannister, so while she's still a Baratheon in a sense, perhaps that sigil in the opening credits should be changed to the lion.

Laughing with joy at the second part of this post.

Maybe at some point this season Casterly Rock will appear in the opening credits and they didn't want to confuse people by having two castles with the Lannister sigil? I can't come up with any other reason why they'd leave the stag in there. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I think the Jon/Sansa disagreement and later their private discussion shows why Jon inspires loyalty and Sansa may not. This idea that Ned was a big dummy and Cersei is a genius at the game fails to take into account that Cersei is terrible and creates more enemies than allies. She achieved what she thinks is ultimate power, but it will never last, because nobody is loyal to her. Ned ruled the North for twenty years and was beloved, so much so that the North still respects him. Sansa may have learned how to scheme from the best, but as a leader, she couldn't have had worse mentors. 

All that is true. 

But when Robert died and it was time for transition to a new king, Ned stood back and was trying to rely on law and tradition and honor to determine the next ruler while Cersei took control and made her son king, by whatever means necessary.  And Ned ended up dead while cersei, at least for now, is still alive. 

• Love 3

Well played Euron well played. My guess is he intends to return with the head of Daenary's or another enemy of Cersei.

Like some other have thought, Im afraid he  means Tyrion. Her hatred for him knows no bounds so giving her a chance for more revenge would certainly win him points.

Was Daeny's home always deserted and abandoned? Im trying to think back to the first season when she and brother took off with the Dothraki. It still seemed like a living household.

Didn't mind the long sequences of Sam's daily grind.  Like an intern on 'ER' he's gonna be expected to do all the scut work in the beginning.

Do you think Jorah was there hoping for a cure?

Winter came for House Frey, yes it did. Arya Stark is kicking ass and taking names, bitches!

Interesting parallels to the aftermath of the US Civil War in that argument between Sansa and Jon. Guess we'll see who's proven wrong.

Ditto comments upthread, I could've done without watching Sam deal with those chamber pots for what seemed like 30 minutes. But at least his drudgery may have finally paid off.

Aw, Brianne, cut Tormund some slack. He'll probably rock your world. With both hands.?

Dull beat, okay to dance to. So as long as they're doing pop star casting, when does Rihanna show up?

I agree with Cleghane about man buns.

"Look, mommy! We're home! Yay! We're gonna go scorch some stuff, okay?"

Excuse me, Cersei, imma let you speak, but Daenerys Targaryen now has the best throne room in the Seven Kingdoms. (It just needs a bit of spit and polish.)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Fairlily26 said:

I never was clear, is he a eunuch or just castrated? I really really wanted him and Missandei to hook up. They are both SO freaking gorgeous!!! 

We will find out either way this season. :)

6 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

I think so. They probably locked him up out of fear that the disease would spread.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

Was Daeny's home always deserted and abandoned? Im trying to think back to the first season when she and brother took off with the Dothraki. It still seemed like a living household.

Dany's childhood home is Dragonstone, where Stannis lived and ruled from after the Rebellion and Robert became king.  It's only been abandoned since Stannis left and went north to help Jon at the Wall.

Yes, I think if anyone can find a cure, it's the maesters at the Citadel.  Afterall, someone cured Shireen of grayscale, so there's hope out there for him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I'm of the opinion that Jon and Sansa don't owe Little Finger for the rescue in The Battle of the Bastards because Little Finger owed Sansa for the abuse she suffered after he abandoned her to Ramsey.

When Cersei was walking on that map and discussing all the enemies around her, it was remarkable how little self awareness she showed since she's responsible for most of those enemies.  So much suffering has occurred because Cersei cheated on her husband with her brother, and choose to use birth control with her husband and conceive illegitimate heirs with her brother.   Cersei treated the Tyrells as an enemy and never recognized how much value they were as allies and now the last of the Tyrells will use their resources to support Cersei's enemy.  Dorne is out for her destruction because Cersei was so focused on killing Tyrion that she didn't consider the ramifications of Oberyn's death.  The situation with the Starks is more complicated because Joffery and Tywin's actions played a huge part in that conflict.   Still if Cersei's children had been legitimate Baratheons Ned would still be alive and the North still allies of the Lannisters.  Cersei never sees the big picture to what future consequences could come from her actions.  She sees only what she views as an immediate threat and uses petty and deadly means to eliminate those she hates without taking time to consider what the ramifications will be.  She's all about temporary victories that ultimately lead to worse problems for her later.  She never seems to learn from her errors.  

I think you have both the Littlefinger and Cersei situations spot on. Sansa and Littlefinger are square at best in this situation. She and Jon don't owe him a thing IMO.

And you articulated perfectly my thoughts about Cersei. Every time she mentioned someone amongst her enemies I thought "Yeah a lot because of what you did lady!" LOL

• Love 1

I thought there was too much of Sam and too much of The Hound. I think we could have accomplished just as much with less - the scene where Sam and Gilly are reading the book was sufficient to move the plot along. We didn't need all the extra scenes of his disgusting chores. I realize there is always a lot of setup in the first episode, but we've only got seven to work with this summer, so less is more.

Given the "previouslies" I take it that the Hound (and Arya) at one point ran into the father and son whose cabin he arrived at in this episode? And he robbed them or something? I don't recall that scene at all - it was too long ago, so the whole subplot was lost on me and lacked any emotional punch.

Otherwise, I was satisfied with what we were given, and feel they addressed most of what needed to be addressed. 

I also wondered how Dragonstone was so empty.  So Stannis took everybody with him up North to die?  Is the area around Dragonstone so inhospitable that no one bothered to go there once they learned that Stannis was dead?

I imaging that supplying that island is a logistics nightmare. Yeah, people could sail there and take over, but they would need a constant supply line to feed whoever lives and works there. I also imagine that technically it is still under the jurisdiction of whoever sits on the Iron Throne, so that makes people even less inclined to try to take it.

That said, I have to wonder how seriously the "subjects" are even taking Cersei's reign. I liked Jamie's conversation with her, pointing out that at best she ruled three kingdoms, and her grasp on those is tenuous. I don't imagine the people of King's Landing care much who sits on the Iron Throne so long as daily commerce runs like normal. To anyone outside of King's Landing, the King (or Queen) must be becoming less and less relevant. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Fairlily26 said:

I thought the Unsullied were all slaves thus had no choice on that matter?  To me being a eunuch was a choice.

Spoiler

There was a scene in on of the trailers with them kissing

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

He's alive because he saved Sansa and John's life. John may not think about it. But Sansa realizes she owes him a debt she will be hard pressed to ever repay. But what does he want? Sansa said, "I know exactly what he wants". What would that be? To marry her? Surely it wouldn't be just to have sex with her. That would be pretty ridiculous for a whoremaster.

Littlefinger wants to sit on the Iron Throne.  And he'd like Sansa as his queen.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

Danerys and her brother were in Essos when the series started.  They fled from Dragonstone when Dany was an infant, when Robert Baratheon became king.  (And all the other Targareyns were killed.)

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I thought there was too much of Sam and too much of The Hound. I think we could have accomplished just as much with less - the scene where Sam and Gilly are reading the book was sufficient to move the plot along. We didn't need all the extra scenes of his disgusting chores. I realize there is always a lot of setup in the first episode, but we've only got seven to work with this summer, so less is more.

We also needed the scene with Jorah.  But I agree about the chamber pots...

I'm not a fan of Samwell Tarly.  The scenes with him and Gilly are always boring.  But I cackled while watching the chamberpot montage, with him dumping the watery poop down the toilets alternating with him slopping out soup into the maester's bowls.  I thought the actor did a great job with the gagging.  My only issue was that I was eating lunch myself and when I saw that poop I gagged myself.  I'd nominate that scene for "Funniest Moment in a Drama" for next year's Previouslies!

The scenes with Beric Dondarrion and Sandor Clegane went on for way too long.

The character I truly am bored to tears by is Bran.  Just couldn't care less about him if I tried.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

Jon was looking at the big picture, Sansa was looking at the present situation.  Take the houses away from those families and give them to his friends, years later when those kids are grown they are resentful and vowing for revenge.  Better to forgive the families and garner loyalty now from those kids that will last a lifetime and more.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yes- he may be halfway made of stone now but his voice is still like sexy garlic butter.

God bless Jorah.  Locked in a sick ward on his way to death and he still cries out for his Kaleesi.  Jorah really does have the best voice on the show.

Wonder why the Hound is seeing the wall collapse and the army of the dead approaching, maybe because

Spoiler

Ed, poor misguided Ed, let the Night Princes' Key, Bran (the most clueless Stark to ever have lived - and that is saying something) in through the Wall's front (f'ing) door.

I know what you were doing Arya - scoping out those Lannister swords in the hopes of taking a band of soldiers in one swipe.  Let me remind you of a couple of things:

1.   I don't think you looking for a way to die, but you have no understanding of your limitations.

2.  The Hound is not around to back your play.

3.  You are not the Hound - in fact you couldn't even defeat the Waif in combat until you took out the lights.

4.   Remember when Moros of Thyr easily disarmed you in a sword fight.  There was a reason his gang was teaching you archery skills - you are too small to get into hand-to-hand combat.  You have a talent for archery -I remember your great aim in the pilot episode.

5.  Stick to stealth and poisons and improve your archery skills.

Like any teenager - you haven't listened to a word I have said.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

Hide contents

Ed, poor misguided Ed, let the Night Princes' Key, Bran (the most clueless Stark to ever have lived - and that is saying something) in through the Wall's front (f'ing) door.

Wait, what?  Why is 

Spoiler

Bran the most clueless Stark?  He's the three-eyed raven.  He can see the past and future and knows all about the White Walkers - also, how is he the Night Prince's key?

(edited)

Bran was marked by the Night King in The Door. Now, anyplace he goes, the Army of the Dead can enter. So essentially Bran crossing into Castle Black just fucked everybody. The Wall's coming down.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, LuciaMia said:

"You swore to obey my commands for the rest of your life. Well, I command you to find the cure wherever it is in this world. I command you to heal yourself and then return to me. When I take the Seven Kingdoms, I need you by my side." 

He's following orders.  His question to Sam regarding her ETA was to see how much time he's got left to heal himself and get back to her.  Like a dog with a bone, that guy.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Bran was marked by the Night King in The Door. Now, anyplace he goes, the Army of the Dead can enter. So essentially Bran crossing into Castle Black just fucked everybody. The Wall's coming down.

The only thing I can't remember is if he knows this? He should right because the Night King found the Three-eye Raven's lair through that link but I can't remember if Bran made the connection. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, LuciaMia said:

Like some other have thought, Im afraid he  means Tyrion. Her hatred for him knows no bounds so giving her a chance for more revenge would certainly win him points.

Didn't mind the long sequences of Sam's daily grind.  Like an intern on 'ER' he's gonna be expected to do all the scut work in the beginning.

I would normally think that I'd be scared of Tyrion ending up on Jorah's 'I *heart* Cersie gift list.

However -- to get to Tyrion, he'd have to

1.)  Get through the army of Unsullied

2.)  There's a matter of three dragons at Dani's beck and call

3.)  There are a coupla Greyjoys leading a whole mess of Ironborn who followed them, holed up with Dani who have no love lost for their Uncle -- and who likely have very itchy trigger fingers, so to speak, since they are on a 'no raping/pillaiging/reeving' diet at the moment (invaders would likely get a pass from Dani if it meant pretecting the homestead.)

Now....the heads of the three chicks who killer her daughter...THAT would be an easy target, AND would give Cersie an appropriate 'Hey, girl...' gift (And wrap up the Doran angle)

Edited by BeatrixK
bad spelling
  • Love 1

Just like dragons to run ahead of the group and claim the 3 best bedrooms. 

This made me laugh out loud!

I just wish Jaime would get the picture already and ditch Cersei. Seriously, she committed the act that he killed the mad king to prevent. What will it fucking take?

So much this.  It's time for Jamie to leave:  Their children are dead, most of the kingdom is in open rebellion, you have no allies, Winter is here, the Dragon Queen is coming and the love of his life is a psychotic mass murderer.  Cercei won't listen to him and doesn't care what he thinks.  I love having him on my screen for purely superficial reasons (he's so pretty!) but the character is pretty pointless right now. 

Jon was looking at the big picture, Sansa was looking at the present situation.  Take the houses away from those families and give them to his friends, years later when those kids are grown they are resentful and vowing for revenge.  Better to forgive the families and garner loyalty now from those kids that will last a lifetime and more.

ITA - if I remember correctly it was Robb beheading one of the Karstarks that made them turn on the Starks in the first place.  Jon needs to consolidate his power, guard the north and build allies.  Showing mercy to these kids will do that more readily than continuing their enmity and rebellion by disinheriting them.  He doesn't need that distraction.

Both Sansa and Jon are focused on the threat they've personally seen and disregarding the threat they haven't had to deal with.  In this case, though, I think Jon is right to disregard Cercei and focus on the WW.  Cercei has other problems to deal with closer to home, there's no way she can be a threat to the north at this point.  The WW have nothing else to do but cross the wall and rampage over the north.  They are the more immediate threat.  Sansa is just short sighted (as others have said) and stuck in the old way of thinking (destroy enemies, grab power and the throne, rule the kingdom) while Jon has no interest in any of that, he sees that if the WW aren't stopped, there will be no power or throne to seize.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Where the wall meets the sea there is a castle". Where exactly is the hound talking about?

I think he was seeing the Night King's army moving towards Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, where Tormund is going.

Also, has anyone got any idea what Cersei is thinking in terms of her 1,000 year dynasty? A 1,000 year dynasty sounds familiar for some reason. But she can't have any more children. Can she? So how can the Lanister create a dynasty? Surely she is not planning on having Tyrion father some children. Is she?

Or is she just crazy and not capable of rational thinking?

Oh, does anyone else have any different idea what Euron could intend for his "gift" besides Tyrion? What else could he have in mind? He doesn't seem like much of a brain.

Yes, Cersei is crazy. She's the Mad Queen. At 40, she could probably have another child but Jaime could father the Lannister dynasty with a young bride. As far as a gift, I'd agree that Tyrion's head on a spike and/or Sansa's head on a spike would be Cersei's favourite gifts.

Is he a eunuch or just castrated?

This is about Grey Worm. Depends on your definition of eunuch, since it could be the same thing depending on culture. It could mean being castrated, or it could mean being celibate by choice.

And "just castrated" makes it sound less physically detrimental than being a eunuch, although it's likely more. At least a eunuch, in the celibate sense, can undo his choice. Castration means no testicles, so no arousal and definitely no children.

The Citadel is pretty much the GoT version of a medical school, so Jorah either went there himself or someone brought him. Makes a lot of sense.

The complaints about the 90-second montage of Sam's poop and soup drudgery are amusing because if they showed him doing a scut job or two and then studying the tomes, some would complain that he moved up the ranks much too quickly. Although I'm interested in the Hound's redemption arc, I thought of all the scenes, that one went on too long.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I must have totally blocked this out from last season.  Bran was marked by the Night King?  And Bran knows for sure what he did and what that means?

• Love 1