Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Tribe Called Key West

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Well..."move the fuck on," might be easier written than enacted.  Does she have a contract with Bravo?   Is she a student who enjoys the Bravo paycheck?   A storyline has been developed around their disagreements and "mismatch."   

Even with a contract she could move on.  Often time the part timers are paid per day.  I agree it is good money for a student.  Sometimes it feels as if Naomie is far more interested in a spot on the show than any sort of lasting happiness with Craig.  She reminds me a little of Stassi on Vanderpump Rules.  I still think she reached for low hanging fruit on the show with Craig, that she would much rather be with Shep and his mailbox money and popularity.  I find her personality a difficult and I still think she is fairly insecure about her looks.  Apparently she has a sense of humor about her looks:   

She still hasn't reached the swan stage.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Not for nothing, I love Craig's weird braying thing in the background.  It's awesome. Is he describing how he once caught a fish thiiiiiis big?  All we're missing is Gizmo's "go fuck yourself" reaction to this.

What is with Kathryn's neck scarf?  Is she auditioning for Grease?  

I forgot to mention this earlier but PTV's recap title reminded me . . . thank you, Landon, for letting us know that the beach is for blue eyeliner and blue mascara.  Is this going to be a travel tip for someone else to write on NotRoam?  

And speaking of which . . . if you're intent on having a travel website, why the fuck aren't you taking photos and notes on Key West?  On the resort/hotel you're staying at?  On the local culture?  I know it takes a lot to be shitfaced before the second group arrives and before anyone's unpacked anything but come on, girl.  (Insert Gizmo reaction (Gizmoaction?) here) 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Aw, Danni looks genuinely happy.  Her ring is beautiful.  I think her fiance is nice looking.  Certainly nothing wrong with him.  If he makes her happy and he can take care of her, good on Danni. 

I completely agree with you.  Danni is beaming in that picture, and I agree her fiance is nice looking.  Handsome is as handsome does, as Forrest Gump's mama would remind us.  He was nice enough to show up to support Danni, but stayed out of the fray and out of the spotlight. 

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

if you're intent on having a travel website, why the fuck aren't you taking photos and notes on Key West

She was too hammered to think of a thing like staying on top of things and working.

• Love 12

I love Craig's scenes when he's on his sewing machine. Especially his big ole feet next to the pedal. It's so funny. Katherine seemed a little loopy in her interviews, slurry speech. I don't think it's great for Craig to tell Naomi that he doesn't want her to come to the Keys. Naomi is not crazy for not wanting to date a guy that doesn't work and spends all day pursing hobbies. Craig is mad because he doesn't want to be called out, and both of the are very stubborn. 

Thomas is playing Landon and Kathryn against each other. He shouldn't tell her that she's more mature than Kathryn,, that's just pitting. I LOVED that Landon told him off. She is so not interested in him, it's very clear. I liked how he said, "She's done!" I think she already decided that, dear.

Thomas is the biggest loser ever. He is such an asshole to women. 

Craig making Cameron baby clothes with his sewing machine is adorable. God, that's so cute. He needs to make some shit and start selling at craft fairs.

I'm not sure what Naomi is so upset about-- is paying for everything? Maybe her parents are and they are giving her shit, and she is feeling the pressure. It's hard to say for sure, but I feel that her disdain is coming from another source. I know my parents would give me crap if I was dating a guy that wasn't working, only cuz they'd be worried I was being taken advantage of. I think what Craig likes most about Naomi is her ability to provide.

Landon was smart to see the girls were feeling some sympathy for Kathryn and changed directions. Smart!

Chelsea is the most even keeled person EVER. If I was watching my guy snuggle with some girl I would lose it. Landon would be in for a horrible weekend. To just watch Landon and Austen on the hammock and not go out there and at least call  him in was astounding to me. She is a bigger gal than I will ever be. 

Kathryn should NOT have ordered a drink at the bar. That said, she also should have kept her temper when Thomas talked about the Nutcracker and Kensie. He was only trying to upset her because he is a total loser 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Even with a contract she could move on.  Often time the part timers are paid per day.  I agree it is good money for a student.  Sometimes it feels as if Naomie is far more interested in a spot on the show than any sort of lasting happiness with Craig.  She reminds me a little of Stassi on Vanderpump Rules.  I still think she reached for low hanging fruit on the show with Craig, that she would much rather be with Shep and his mailbox money and popularity.  I find her personality a difficult and I still think she is fairly insecure about her looks.  Apparently she has a sense of humor about her looks:   

Naomie is easier for me to look at than that big bubble head, beige face of Katherine's who is always grimacing about something or making a face as if somebody stole her dentures.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

The prettiest girl on reality tv with style an uncanny knack for looking effortlessly  flawless at all times. Plus, she is cool.  

So Cam being pretty gives her the right to keep her private life off limits while everybody else on the show has to agree to have their lives on blast? 

1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

Can't think of anyone else who fills that role on tv.

Really? Nobody else? Not even Patricia? lol

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Naomi is insufferable in general but particularly when she does the giggling "Aren't I cute" shrug in the middle of her arguments with Craig. She's just a disrespectful shrew. 

Craig isn't far behind.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So Cam being pretty gives her the right to keep her private life off limits while everybody else on the show has to agree to have their lives on blast? 

Really? Nobody else? Not even Patricia? lol

I am explaining , in a beautifully and simply illustrated way, that Cam's "character" on southern charm is a pretty girl with style that happens to be cool. Its refreshing to have someone on  show that is normal and likeable.Not sure why I had to clarify that for you.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Craig isn't far behind.

Do you believe Craig really wants a long term relationship with Naomie or they are just in it for the show?  Since it is too hot to even swim where I am today, I looked at Danni's Instagram.  It seems there is an inordinate amount of time of Danni, her fiancé, Craig and Naomie spending time together and add to the equation Stassi Shroeder.  It seems Naomie and Danni travel west to see her and Stassi darkens the doorsteps of SC.  Best part of Danni's Instagram her dog and his seat on the private plane:   

Leads me to believe that a lot of these relationships are strictly for self promotion. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Does anyone else notice anything awkward or "off" about Austen's mouth and speech patterns?  Since the first show, it's been bothering me, and I realized last night that it seems like he opens his mouth very wide at times when speaking - like, seeing all his molars and down his throat wide.  Also, his speech patterns sometimes seem off.  

I'm not saying this in a bad way (he may have had some speech issues when he was a child and this is a result), but it's just something I observed.  

Thank you     I have been reading these posts all season and never saw it mentioned.   The first time he was on I had the same feelings about his  speech.     Thought he might have an "impediment" of some sort, but could not figure out what. Found it annoying, whatever it was, and sort of ignore him most of the time.     Was it Naomi's mother or Austen's perhaps that seemed to be very bossy and "in charge of everything" in an earlier episode or am I confusing someone else?  Could even be another show  LOL.   All I remember is that she was very bossy and everything revolved around her okay.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No one, not one person, has to agree to publicize every aspect of their private life on this, or any, reality show. A lot of people keep things off the screen for a variety of reasons. What do we know about Whitney's private life? Very little. Kenya Moore just got married and it caught everyone by surprise because the general public who watch that show had no idea she'd been dating the man.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Thanks to my creepy habit of Instagram snooping, I've just learned that Danni was happily living with this guy as early as mid-2015? Gradually she had moved to a beautiful new home on the water((his place, most likely)), and was suddenly being taken on glamorous outings around the world and/or going to very upscale events and VIP-style areas. And then she got engaged in Greece just last summer. 

I'd seen a few pics of them together before now and gathered that while he wasn't a conventional-appearing match for her, he seems like a nice dude who treats her well and likely takes very good care of her. And she seems quite happy with him too.

It also probably helps that his family owns one of the oldest and most successful jewelry businesses in Charleston, right on King Street. So yeah, I think he's got some nice cheddar of his own; pretty little Southern girls from good families know how to get their biscuits buttered!

As for Whitney being covered up at the beach, as a fellow pasty person who hides from the sun as well, I understand his hesitance to even attempt tanning---sunburns suck and skin cancer is worse; some of us are just more prone to sun damage. And from what I've read of his mom's book, she instilled in him her youthful lifetime secret of sun-hiding as well and seems to regard natural tanning as a bit bougie.

Well, I think he looks Nice..... stable, attractive, and in love.   Good luck to them both.  And speaking of looks, I don't think Danni is really "pretty".  Something about her jaw line when she is not smiling or something.    And was that her jumping in to tell Craig to be Quiet?   I was doing something else at the time, but if that was her, she was certainly not at her most attractive and I don't know who else it could have been.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Here's a mild before/after photo of a kid following cancer treatment after "dipping."   The other pictures are very graphic. 

KillTheCan.org - Quit Dip, Chewing Tobacco & Snuff

https://www.killthecan.org/

KillTheCan.org is a site dedicated to helping people quit smokeless tobacco in all of its forms including dip, chew & snuff. Free and completely anonymous.

ChewinTobacco.jpg

I don't like any kind of tobacco, I don't like to be around it. But all this talk about dipping reminds me of my great grandmother who dipped snuff until she died at 98. She was a widow with five children, married at 15 to a twenty something year old man and lived in rural Eastern NC. I know that was a different time, and I don't know about the influence of tobacco on Charleston culture, but it was pretty big here. We have a tobacco company, a tobacco museum, and tobacco is still grown here. I'm not defending it(I've never had tobacco), but it can be a big part of Southern history.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm not defending it(I've never had tobacco), but it can be a big part of Southern history.

A lot of my friends were working or rodeo cowboys when I was in my teens and early 20s.  Many of them "chawed," and I can't recall hearing of a single one with the dreaded cancers.  Maybe over the decades (this was in the late 50s/early 60s) the formulas have changed and it became dangerous.

1 hour ago, oceanview said:

Thought he might have an "impediment" of some sort, but could not figure out what.

I notice a lot of things that could be corrected "impediments," on the people on radio/TV...many of whom are news readers.   I wonder sometimes if they had speech therapy as children and developed an interest in speaking "professionally."  

• Love 1

Any indulgence can wind up having very serious effects on the body.  Alcohol on the liver.  Obesity.  Drugs.  The list goes on.  And then there are people who can indulge and live to be 98.

Danni seems to be happy.  He seems to be a pleasant person who is nice looking.  And isn't amazing how people become more attractive when you see their personality come through.  Life, happiness and love ain't just about 'looks'. 

Cam's husband doesn't want to be on show.  She certainly doesn't pretend he doesn't exist.  That's ok with me.

I give the side eye to Landon on her explanation as to why she was at the same plantation as TRav.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  However, Landon has flat out lied to the group before.  Remember the roller skating party and her repeatedly saying that she invited Kathryn and she didn't?  I think Landon went with the romance with TRav storyline this season and she's finding out it's not working out so well.  Just like her declaring her love for Shep last season.  I don't think the women really care for her and she'd go after any man that the other women are with or are interested in.  She's very desperate.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Craig isn't far behind.

In the race I'm watching, Craig is out in front...WAY out in front.   There was a suggestion that Craig should take his little needlework hobby to craft fairs.  That would involve creating inventory, planning, registering, traveling, and selling.  He's better just sittin' at his little machine decorating one item a day--if that.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

A lot of my friends were working or rodeo cowboys when I was in my teens and early 20s.  Many of them "chawed," and I can't recall hearing of a single one with the dreaded cancers.  Maybe over the decades (this was in the late 50s/early 60s) the formulas have changed and it became dangerous.

Or maybe because of exposure to the media, internet, etc.  we are overly inundated with stuff.  Not everyone who dips ends up like the example you posted.   I'm not saying it's not bad but I do think that people do sometimes get a warped presentation of the facts.  It's like those ads out there about people losing fingers, etc. due to smoking.  It's not going to happen to everyone.  It's a scare tactic.  I hope people know what I mean...

• Love 4

Seriously, Michael needs his own show. He was trying to tell Patricia and Whitney where to put the fan but they wouldn't listen. Loved how he just strolled over and put the fan in the correct spot. 

And he washes Patricia's car!  I had no idea he did that kind of manual labor.  I hope she pays him well.  

And where were all of Landon's fabulous beach clothes that she told T-Rav was her reason for going to Key West?  Her bathing suit was bad, her shapeless cream dress with the stars (?) on it was completely unflattering, and her Mrs Roper muumuu the hungover-morning after was bad too.  Something about her stupid puffy face makes me mad if you can't tell.  LOL.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

And speaking of which . . . if you're intent on having a travel website, why the fuck aren't you taking photos and notes on Key West?  On the resort/hotel you're staying at?  On the local culture?  I know it takes a lot to be shitfaced before the second group arrives and before anyone's unpacked anything but come on, girl.  (Insert Gizmo reaction (Gizmoaction?) here) 

Gizmoji?

• Love 12

Craig reminds me of Katie from Vanderpump Rules and his relationship with Noemie reminds me of Katie with Tom - totally cringeworthy.  Katie is always whining about "support" just like Craig, but what they really mean is blind, unblinking agreement with whatever they say or do. Like Katie and Tom, Craig and Noemie are tiresome, especially in this episode. Craig mansplaining is just too much.    

• Love 8
12 hours ago, snarts said:

To root for her [Kathryn] to fail feels wrong.

Absolutely. I don't like her and I never will, and even I'm not rooting for her to fail. I know I've had some harsh things to say about her, but I'm definitely not rooting for her to fail. She is still a person, after all.

• Love 9

Ditto, @MrSmith, I hope the best for Kathryn. I can't stand the way she puts herself first in front of her children. And I say that as someone who's watched an addict do the very same thing. The outcome for that person wasn't a good one, and if she doesn't start to take her sobriety seriously, she'll wind up the same way. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Regardless of her personality or poor choice in mate, she looks fine to me and if that's her as a child, I think she's adorable.  Children who have to wear glass, have to wear glasses.  I think that we see enough content of her character to discern what kind of person she is. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, snarts said:

As a physician, Cameran's husband likely signed an ethics clause that would preclude him from appearing on a reality TV show.  Cameran does talk about him and doesn't try to play off like she's single, he's just not filmed.  However, I agree that her role has been limited to co-resident shit stirrer (along with Whitney).

Meh. It doesn't seem to have stopped the cast from Married to Medicine Prime and Houston, Terry and Paul on Botched, Dr. Miami, the Skin Tight folks, or any of the other doctors who are found on reality TV. I think Cameran's husband just isn't interested.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Regardless of her personality or poor choice in mate, she looks fine to me and if that's her as a child, I think she's adorable.  Children who have to wear glass, have to wear glasses.  I think that we see enough content of her character to discern what kind of person she is. 

Same here. It looks like an attempt to collect praise, imo.

Naomie is an insecure girl but she is far from being unfortunate looking.

As far as Cameron, she is an average white woman in my opinion. I don't think that her wardrobe is anything special either.

However, she is likeable and I would hate for her to leave the show. She is the only balanced one here.

I don't blame Mr Cameron for not appearing on tv, he is a doctor and has a practice to manage and grow or he has to work in a hospital.

Either way, being On a reality tv show would be incredibly damaging for his career.

All the women shown on this show are different levels of stupid, imo.

I prefer Kathryn personally because I like pretty and she has an interesting personality.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's not going to happen to everyone.  It's a scare tactic.  I hope people know what I mean...

Some of my male relatives in the South have dipped their entire adult lives.

The scare tactic ads are exactly that, meant to show the consequences of tobacco to teenagers. I supported a bid to win the ad work. The ad money comes from the CDC, FDA and tobacco settlements.

There are tons of data that show how different populations react to anti-tobacco messages, in the US and globally. A key finding is that only scare tactics work on kids, because they are too young to absorb, accept and respond other types of messages - the dry recitation of facts, for example.

While it's true that not everyone gets mouth or esophageal cancer from dip, how does one know whether you will be one of those who doesn't get it? And, one's chances of avoiding significant dental problems are low (says my friend who is a dentist in Appalachia).

I'm very surprised Craig dips. It's a nasty habit and he's so fastidious about his appearance. My theory is that he does it to keep his weight down and/or reduce drinking and smoking.

Given how the Charleston locals think Southern Charm is simply dreadful, there's no way Cam's physician husband would appear. He may be status-conscious.

Naomie reminds me a little of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'll be even more evil than you I guess and say that Danni is not that pretty imo. She's rather plain and her face often looks weird to me. I think her and her fiance are even, looks-wise. 

Come join me in the corner! I agree that their faces are pretty evenly matched, but otherwise not so much. She looks to be about 30-ish while he looks closer to 50, she's trim and looks like she's physically active and he...looks like he has other priorities. 

I'm sure he's a very nice guy and her love for him has nothing to do with the size of his bank account or his private plane. I'm totally sure of it. I'm convinced. ;-)  j/k I'll leave the poor guy alone now! They're engaged and look happy, good for them.

• Love 6

I thought this episode was barrels of fun. (Not barrels of Gentry-bourbon, mind you). So Danni's guy screams "dad with three kids who is marrying his second wife) to me. I'm too lazy to dig, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she's wife #2 with a family on the side. I think Danni is attractive.

Landon was a complete mess this episode, and I feel we really got to see the real her. She was unhappy about something by the time they got to Key West and it really showed in the way she boozed it up, yelled at Chelsea (who kept her cool, admirably), and then dropped any pretense of being deferential to Thomas.

Who, by the way, is just a real jerk. I thought there was absolutely nothing wrong or crazy about the way Katherine spoke to him at the table in the morning. Obviously he had the kids around some 19 year old girl that they had agreed he wouldn't ... and his excuse was that there was no court order. The problem with Thomas is, apart from no one calling him on his crap, is that he doesn't keep his word. Yeah, Katherine is emotionally turbulent but Thomas is in his fifties and you can't trust that he'll come through on what he says he will. He has bad character. 

And his face when Landon dissed him! Best part of the episode. haha.

I love Cameron. Love her clothes and her accent. I respect her husband for not appearing ... he's a physician. Where would he find the time? Thank god he has no interest in appearing, it raises my respect level for her and him immensely. 

I don't know what else to add about Craig and Naomi. Must be really really fun to be a cast member to keep filming when they are so dissatisfied with each other.

Can I say something about JD's wife? She needs to up her clothing game if she's going to appear on this show. Her typical look is a black shirt and white pants. Yesterday she threw a gauzy scarf on. I know she has kids, and that can leave little time for yourself, but there is internet shopping! I'm constantly surprised that she makes very little effort.

Honestly, Katherine was fine on last night's show. Landon and Craig were the worst.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Obviously he had the kids around some 19 year old girl that they had agreed he wouldn't .

The girl in question is the full-time nanny's daughter, who helps out on occasion. Kathryn accused her of sleeping with Thomas....in church in front of God and everyone, when she showed up at Saint's christening barefoot and shitfaced drunk and caused a scene.

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, Neurochick said:

Dear Naomi,

Your expectations are through the roof.  Expectations are resentments waiting to happen.

Kathryn, let a Thomas go.  What does Thomas taking Landon on a long weekend have to do with YOU?  Let Thomas be Landon's problem.

Hey Kathryn, guess what YOU did to tie down a man?  Can we all say "got-pregnato?"

Kathryn needs to get and stay sober and get off reality TV.

Love that.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 1:55 AM, Summerday said:

I don't like Landon at all, but her telling Thomas to shut it when he was bitching about Kathryn at breakfast was golden. I'm so sick of everyone on the show kissing his ass. She did look like Mrs. Roper in that scene though. 

That was honestly the best part of the episode.  That guy is too freaking old to scoop down to those levels and someone should have told him to knock it off and be the bigger person YEARS ago.  I was also kind of proud of Kathryn not reacting and walking away.  I think in that moment she had changed and was doing very well.  Even with her talk with Landon - she didn't react even though she thought it was pure crap.  Just sad it apparently didn't last.  Which is not uncommon in the world of addiction. 

23 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope we get to see the clothes Craig made for Cam's 'future' baby. Looked as though he was going to use embroidery.  

I wanted to see them too!!  

13 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm not sure what Naomi is so upset about-- is paying for everything? Maybe her parents are and they are giving her shit, and she is feeling the pressure. It's hard to say for sure, but I feel that her disdain is coming from another source. I know my parents would give me crap if I was dating a guy that wasn't working, only cuz they'd be worried I was being taken advantage of. I think what Craig likes most about Naomi is her ability to provide.

I doubt she's paying for everything.  Craig does have an income, and a pretty good one at that. Awhile back Naomi went to her parents and was complaining about Craig and to me it seemed like her mom was actually on Craig's side.  Saying that sometimes her own husband drives her crazy and it won't always be perfect. 

17 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Dipping into the shallow end of the pool - has anyone speculated that Jennifer had a face lift? She has odd folds of skin in front of her ears.

Her face does seem really 'tight' and i feel like she has a hard time moving her mouth sometimes......

I seem to be the odd man out in thinking that was Craig tried to do between Kathryn and Landon was kinda nice.  I think the 3 of them would have had a nice conversation if people weren't yelling at Craig and it really surprised me at how aggressive Dani got with him - telling him he was going to lose a lot of friends fast.  I think Craig has a more feminine state of mind and I thought it was sweet that he wanted to help. 

• Love 8

I like Craig. Always did. Naomi can go piss up a rope. What a BITCH! Carry your own crap. And he has a JOB--On TV. Bet he makes more than most people by being on tv. And he loves to sew! What a great hobby. I've sewn for years and even owned a quilt shop. I love men who sew!

Guess I'm always for the underdog but I really feel for Katherine. Addiction is bitch and it never stops. Very few people make it through to sobriety on the first try. Sometimes it can take, 10, 20 relapses before they quit. 

I was always told if you are addicted to one you're addicted to all and I'm glad to see that changing. I had a prescription pill problem that took several rehabs to get off of. I also have a bottle of booze in my house I could care less about. I can have 1 drink or even 1/2 drink and I'm done. Alcohol does not interest me in the least. But give me some Zanax or Valiumn and all bets are off. 

I quit smoking years ago but I agree those "scare" tactics don't work. I still vape now and then---No nicotine--I love the snickers flavor oil to vape! 

My son and his friend (in the 80's) all dipped. They were a bunch of super preppy kids who all attended a private school and went on to be successful businessmen. Not one white trash in the bunch! 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Kenya Moore just got married and it caught everyone by surprise because the general public who watch that show had no idea she'd been dating the man.

We will know all about that once the new season begins. I'm sure you realize that. 

12 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

No one, not one person, has to agree to publicize every aspect of their private life on this, or any, reality show.

True. Than why be on a show like this.  There's no reason.  Oh, that's right, it's cause she's pretty.....

• Love 1

Same shit everyday.  Naomi walk in, pets the cat, sits down and asks Craig "so, what did you do today?   Then she goes on her rant about how tired she is from her full day.  Craig stops sewing, and the comments start flowing.  These two have checked out long ago and are just waiting for their checks.  Get them off.

• Love 7

Regarding Danni's looks, I think she's pretty; she's just not my type. As they say, there's a key for every lock and it looks like she's found hers. So good for them! Take the happiness you can get when you can get it because it's never forever and might be very fleeting indeed.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scrb said:

A couple of seasons ago, Craig was out of control with the partying and the drinking.

So he seems to have replaced the booze with the dip.  

I missed some portions.  Can you tell me if it's snuff or chewing tobacco?

12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I missed some portions.  Can you tell me if it's snuff or chewing tobacco?

It's snuff, or small cut tobacco in a round tin. Chewing tobacco goes in the jaw, is really noticeable, and comes in a bag. I watched Craig on the golf course, he pulled out the round in and put it in his lower lip. I wonder what brand and cut he likes?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

It's snuff, or small cut tobacco in a round tin. Chewing tobacco goes in the jaw, is really noticeable, and comes in a bag. I watched Craig on the golf course, he pulled out the round in and put it in his lower lip. I wonder what brand and cut he likes?

I'm from NC.  I've been around quite a few people who dip snuff (older folks years ago) and chew tobacco.  Have you ever been in the room with someone who chews tobacco?  OMG.  I'm not sure that anyone can imagine what it's like to be around a person who does this.  I'm a pretty tolerant person,, but, it's really off the charts, imo.  It is ACTUALLY one of the most foul things I have ever encountered.  When you chew tobacco, you have to continually spit this foul substance that collects in your moth.  This tobacco juice is disgusting, smells, looks like diarrhea.....and the breath.....omg. I don't know how Naomi could kiss him.  I know it's rooted in southern culture, but, I can't imagine how any man who does it, ever gets laid.  Okay....off rant.  This is just one of my pet peeves.  I don't have many, but, omg.  

• Love 22
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm from NC.  I've been around quite a few people who dip snuff (older folks years ago) and chew tobacco.  Have you ever been in the room with someone who chews tobacco?  OMG.  I'm not sure that anyone can imagine what it's like to be around a person who does this.  I'm a pretty tolerant person,, but, it's really off the charts, imo.  It is ACTUALLY one of the most foul things I have ever encountered.  When you chew tobacco, you have to continually spit this foul substance that collects in your moth.  This tobacco juice is disgusting, smells, looks like diarrhea.....and the breath.....omg. I don't know how Naomi could kiss him.  I know it's rooted in southern culture, but, I can't imagine how any man who does it, ever gets laid.  Okay....off rant.  This is just one of my pet peeves.  I don't have many, but, omg.  

Don't worry, @SunnyBeBe, you're not alone in this. Far from it, I would expect. I've been around people who chew tobacco and it's fucking disgusting. I'd rather they just smoked cigarettes, even though simply walking 20 or 30 feet behind someone smoking interferes with my ability to breathe (yes, that includes outdoors on the street, at a fair, or wherever). That shit smells far worse than the odor of smoked cigarettes, too. I'm a man and I don't understand how anyone who chews tobacco gets laid, either. I certainly wouldn't kiss someone who chews tobacco!

• Love 13
(edited)

Kathryn accused her of sleeping with Thomas....in church in front of God and everyone, when she showed up at Saint's christening barefoot and shitfaced drunk and caused a scene.

Girl just cannot get over that she has no say about what he does or who he does it with unless it's affecting the kids. Jeez...  Why can's she get that through her head?  

My ex used to chew tobacco and spit into an old drink bottle. That nastyass bottle rode around in the car with him all the time.  It's a  truly disgusting habit. Craig has pretty teeth, so I'm amazed that he dips.  

Edited by olivia1
spelling is important
  • Love 5
(edited)

I won't even address the health aspect.  My great grandfather dipped snuff for most of his life.  He died from throat cancer in his 80's. many years ago. Not sure if that was cause.  I don't currently know of anyone who dips snuff.  I was surprised to find that a handful of teen boys that I knew were chewing tobacco a few years ago.  I think that got nipped in the bud when the ball teams told them they couldn't play sports for them if they did it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, olivia1 said:

Girl just cannot get over that she has no say about what he does or who he dies it with unless it's affecting the kids. Jeez...  Why can's she get that through her head?

My wife and I continually marvel over this fact. Kathryn doesn't understand she doesn't own Thomas and that he doesn't owe her anything like what he would if they were in a romantic relationship. He doesn't have to ask her permission, give her any explanations, or anything else. If he wants to screw every willing woman in Charleston and the surrounding area, he can do just that. Hell, she can get it on with as many men as she chooses! Having kids with someone doesn't give you any rights, except as pertains strictly to the children's well-being and care.

I'm just hoping that Kathryn doesn't come back next season because I am sick and tired of looking at her weirdly shaped and weirdly coiffed head, replete with terrible make-up choices and that "beautiful", orange, Oompa-Loompa, fake tanning "glow".

• Love 12
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Meh. It doesn't seem to have stopped the cast from Married to Medicine Prime and Houston, Terry and Paul on Botched, Dr. Miami, the Skin Tight folks, or any of the other doctors who are found on reality TV. I think Cameran's husband just isn't interested.

Not familiar with all of them but Botched & Mr Miami are both private practices. Cameran's husband is an anesthesiologist who works for a medical group.  Hence the ethics clause. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

My wife and I continually marvel over this fact. Kathryn doesn't understand she doesn't own Thomas and that he doesn't owe her anything like what he would if they were in a romantic relationship. He doesn't have to ask her permission, give her any explanations, or anything else. If he wants to screw every willing woman in Charleston and the surrounding area, he can do just that. Hell, she can get it on with as many men as she chooses! Having kids with someone doesn't give you any rights, except as pertains strictly to the children's well-being and care.

I'm just hoping that Kathryn doesn't come back next season because I am sick and tired of looking at her weirdly shaped and weirdly coiffed head, replete with terrible make-up choices and that "beautiful", orange, Oompa-Loompa, fake tanning "glow".

I agree with the boldface.  I suspect that she feels that when she wishes something to be so....it is.  lol 

I, however, do find Kathryne attractive and am not bothered by her sense of style or lack thereof.  I do sort of enjoy watching her, though, it's tinged with a touch of concern that her sobriety is being squashed by continuing on this show.  With the proper support, education, therapy, DAILY commitment, and accountability, Kathryn could be the stand out on this show.  But, I don't think that is likely to happen.  I suspect there may be more than the addictions that are causing her troubles.  It's unfortunate. 

• Love 5