Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Tribe Called Key West

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I was listening to an interview with Mark Cuban and he said that the way he recognizes a gold digger, is that they all say that they want to travel and do charity work.

there. Landon is certified by Cuban's standards.

I also thought about Craig too.....

That's freaking awesome! Apparently "Twavel and Art and Charity Work " is code for.. " I'm a Rudderless Snob with no Inherent Worth! Feed me Luxury! So i can be a Consumer in this world vs a Contributer!" " I want to Twavel because if I stay in one place too long, I might have to get a job and be responsible!"

(edited)
On 6/22/2017 at 4:07 AM, Me from ME said:

Upon rewatching the episode in Season 1 in which Thomas invited Danni to a polo lesson at his plantation I am of the opinion that she was turned off by his adolescent behavior. She might have mentioned his age as being a factor but that's a lot simpler than explaining his behavior. He was not at all subtle about wanting her to drink too much and stay over night. The conversation on his part was so incredibly lame and his talking head about the possibility of her being "the next Mrs. Thomas Ravenal" was much too premature. He didn't seem to realize that he couldn't just select a wife to suit him

Hmm... I'm now picturing a Bachelor-type-show featuring T-Rav.

T-Rav: *Hands woman an Hermes silk scarf* "Will yew be the next Mrs. Thomas Ravenel?"

Woman: *Runs* 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
On 6/22/2017 at 2:20 PM, MrSmith said:

No, there's no way this is scripted. It's too consistent both off- and on-screen. I also can't see anyone being willing to follow a reality TV script that requires them to show absolutely no compassion for someone else's child who had just had cranial surgery because this would make them look like a monster. Even I wouldn't do that, even though I said I'm willing to become a Bravolebrity for the money. Kathryn did exactly that just because she was pissed at Jennifer Snowden for taking the offered handkerchief at the previous reunion show. You're only going to do that if that's who you are.

I also don't believe that Thomas is following a Bravo script, either. I think he really is a horny, aging hound-dog who thinks he's still got the looks and charm of someone 20 years younger and doesn't realize that he's long since passed the point at which he should have matured and stopped being so shallow in order to have the family life he claims to want.

I wonder if Kathryn's anger over that scene wasn't because it opened with Thomas saying that he and Jennifer had talked and were in a good place. Kathryn looked really surprised. We've seen him lie to her before, so I wonder if he hadn't continued telling Kathryn that Jennifer was a trouble maker and that she needed to continue to stay away from her.

I believe Kathryn's version of the Valentines Day incident.

Imagine a man makes a reservation for a three day weekend at a romantic plantation around Valentines Day. Two days before the trip, there's a falling out. Would the man go to the plantation by himself anyway? Not any man I know. I think horn dog Trav would have spend the weekend bar hopping, looking for young women. Kathryn had Kensie at this point, so he was a free bird.  The coincidental running into each other is hard for me to swallow.

Oh, I wonder that he didn't begin that fight just to take someone else! I'm not sure if I believe Landon that they only travelled across the pond "as friends". You know he was trying hard to "hit it". Maybe she didn't cave but he would have expected her to show some gratitude for a trip to London. Speaking of: tickets are usually non-transferable. Did he have to buy Landon a complete new ticket? They are expensive when bought at the last minute. I'm sure they were on the same flight...seats together? I wouldn't accept a gift like that because I know he'd want something in return. 

• Love 1

The trip to Delta Plantation on Valentine's Day was for a friend's event, it wasn't anything romantic I don't think. The event, that is. I wasn't there, so I don't know. It's 15 minutes from Charleston. Landon had planned to go on her own before Thomas and Kathryn split. They were there, posed for a few photos, and as far as I've heard that's all. 

@Mindthinkr, what trip to London? When did this happen?

• Love 1
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 0:05 PM, Major Bigtime said:

what trip to London? When did this happen?

They were both in London at the same time. This is where she excused them of sleeping together last time which is why I don't buy her story about Valentines Day.

• Love 1

Gotcha, I hadn't heard anything about London, just her getting mad about the plantation visit. Sheesh, she thinks he slept with Jennifer because he handed her a hankie, any woman within spitting distance of the man is his latest paramour in her mind. 

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 6:10 AM, bichonblitz said:

. I thought he was acting like a total fool at dinner, I would have been embarrassed if it was my boyfriend sticking his nose where it doesn't belong

Late to the game here because I just watched this, but he looked really drunk to me. Most of them did. The dinner was a trainwreck because they were drunk. 

That's the kind of thing people do when they are intoxicated--"Oh, let's discuss this now, we can work it out..." Judgment is obviously impaired. 

On 6/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, HunterHunted said:

No it doesn't. When I say this is my job, I mean it is quite literally my job to work for an agency and develop best practices for the treatment of these issues for millions of Americans. If a person has never had maladaptive behavior with certain substances, then they should be able to use them, with some mindfulness and monitoring. However, it seems like Kathryn slides into her old behaviors when she's been drinking.

Well that's not the case with alcohol IMO. I'm in recovery and my program says we should to obstain from all mind-altering drugs, so if you're alcoholic you don't take drugs. It makes sense then that if you're a drug addict, you don't drink. The sober addicts I see in meetings don't drink alcohol. One addiction can easily substitute for another. I've heard many of them say that when they drink, it leads them back to taking drugs. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Well that's not the case with alcohol IMO. I'm in recovery and my program says we should to obstain from all mind-altering drugs, so if you're alcoholic you don't take drugs. It makes sense then that if you're a drug addict, you don't drink. The sober addicts I see in meetings don't drink alcohol. One addiction can easily substitute for another. I've heard many of them say that when they drink, it leads them back to taking drugs. 

As I said, this needs to be evaluated on an individual basis. However, total abstinence protocols can be really harmful when it concerns co-occurring psychiatric issues. There are far too many programs that prohibit clients from also taking psychoactive medications even when the client has been diagnosed with a mental illness by a psychiatrist. And frankly, that's bad medical practice and just dangerous. The most recent guidelines from the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) are in line with what I've argued. I don't want to take this too far afield. My point is that what Kathryn has said is true in the abstract, but may not be true in her case. She appears to start engaging in harmful behavior when she drinks. Additionally, she might have been diagnosed before the recent ASAM guidelines rolled out or the revisions of the DSM. She may have only be evaluated for dependency. She's not alcohol dependant, but she does misuse alcohol to lower her inhibitions and engage in other dangerous behavior.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Taking it a step further, would it mean that if I were a recovering alcoholic I can take drugs recreationally as long as I don't drink?  

Not in my recovery program. 

Kathryn eemed like she had an alcohol problem too in the episodes I watched. She was drinking and doing drugs. Seems smart to avoid them both. 

HunterHunter, I understand your point. I'm just going by my experience. I also would not include anti-depressants when I'm talking about drugs. Some alcoholics have dual diagnosis, such alcoholism and depression --and are on anti-depressants. I was referring to other drugs such as hydrocodone, Oxy, Xanax, etc. (The treatment/therapy professionals and the 12-step programs also tend to disagree on some points such as this.)

I don't know as much about drug addiction as my recovery is for alcohol. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2