Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Tribe Called Key West

• Start Topic

On the topic of tobacco products, I should add that my wife smokes cigarettes. I have been either dating, engaged, or married to her for 21 years this year. This year she has decided to wean herself off nicotine and has switched to vaping (mostly). Notably, this year is the first time I have ever french-kissed my wife in 21 years. I dated one girl who smoked before I dated my wife and french-kissed that girl exactly one time ever. It was a horrible experience because of the taste of ash and whatever chemicals are in those cancer sticks.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

On the topic of tobacco products, I should add that my wife smokes cigarettes. I have been either dating, engaged, or married to her for 21 years this year. This year she has decided to wean herself off nicotine and has switched to vaping (mostly). Notably, this year is the first time I have ever french-kissed my wife in 21 years. I dated one girl who smoked before I dated my wife and french-kissed that girl exactly one time ever. It was a horrible experience because of the taste of ash and whatever chemicals are in those cancer sticks.

I'm not sure what vaping is, but, congrats on the progress.  

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure what vaping is, but, congrats on the progress.  

It's the "e-cigarettes" you see people using. Some of them look like a small hookah (in that some of them are actually quite large, with a glass chamber filled with liquid). Basically, it's supposed to be a non-carcinogenic nicotine delivery system. You can also get the liquid without any nicotine for those people who may like the act of smoking or the flavor of the liquid (they come in a vast array of flavors: bubblegum, cotton candy, watermelon, blueberry, mint, etc) and yet do not want the nicotine.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm from NC.  I've been around quite a few people who dip snuff (older folks years ago) and chew tobacco.  Have you ever been in the room with someone who chews tobacco?  OMG.  I'm not sure that anyone can imagine what it's like to be around a person who does this.  I'm a pretty tolerant person,, but, it's really off the charts, imo.  It is ACTUALLY one of the most foul things I have ever encountered.  When you chew tobacco, you have to continually spit this foul substance that collects in your moth.  This tobacco juice is disgusting, smells, looks like diarrhea.....and the breath.....omg. I don't know how Naomi could kiss him.  I know it's rooted in southern culture, but, I can't imagine how any man who does it, ever gets laid.  Okay....off rant.  This is just one of my pet peeves.  I don't have many, but, omg.  

I'm from NC also and I agree wholeheartedly!

(edited)
1 minute ago, Major Bigtime said:

Hey there!  

It's really one of those things that is impossible to envision, unless you have actually seen, heard and smelled it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
(edited)

Landon came off so badly in this episode (what else is new?).  She was super hammered.  Migraine, LOL!!!!!  I agree with Kathryn that she wasn't being sincere, especially saying that she doesn't have a problem with Kathryn when she was ripping her hours earlier on the beach.  I also don't blame Thomas for being like wtf when Landon made the comment about dealing with Kathryn and the kids.  Whether her comment is accurate or not, she majorly flip flopped on Thomas.  I do think she was probably right when she said Thomas enjoyed annoying Kathryn with Landon.

I don't think there is anyway we can know who was right or wrong in Kathryn and Thomas' thing at the end.  Odds are, they both did something wrong.  It's nice that they can see each other and be somewhat civil but they clearly need to limit that time to a couple hours here and there and not hang out all weekend.

Craig was somewhat right in saying that they needed to talk things out to truly get over their problems but that was not the time or place to hash out everything.  

I think they only reason Craig and Naomie didn't break up at that point was because she needs him to stay on the show and he enjoys her free housing.  If they didn't live together, I think they would have broken up.

Danni's husband looks much older than she is but he isn't ugly, IMO. 

It was nice of Shep to clear the air with Chelsea and Austen.  He went back up a couple of notches in my book.  At least he can admit when he is wrong. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

That was honestly the best part of the episode.  That guy is too freaking old to scoop down to those levels and someone should have told him to knock it off and be the bigger person YEARS ago.  I was also kind of proud of Kathryn not reacting and walking away.  I think in that moment she had changed and was doing very well.  Even with her talk with Landon - she didn't react even though she thought it was pure crap.  Just sad it apparently didn't last.  Which is not uncommon in the world of addiction. 

I wanted to see them too!!  

I doubt she's paying for everything.  Craig does have an income, and a pretty good one at that. Awhile back Naomi went to her parents and was complaining about Craig and to me it seemed like her mom was actually on Craig's side.  Saying that sometimes her own husband drives her crazy and it won't always be perfect. 

Her face does seem really 'tight' and i feel like she has a hard time moving her mouth sometimes......

I seem to be the odd man out in thinking that was Craig tried to do between Kathryn and Landon was kinda nice.  I think the 3 of them would have had a nice conversation if people weren't yelling at Craig and it really surprised me at how aggressive Dani got with him - telling him he was going to lose a lot of friends fast.  I think Craig has a more feminine state of mind and I thought it was sweet that he wanted to help. 

Craig and Naomie live in a house that would fetch about $2,000-tops in the rental market.  Craig makes the repairs and improvements.  Naomie seemed freaked out when Craig bought the rental and then went so far to suggest he sleep over there a couple of times.  One day Craig may just decided it to take her up on her offer. I don't see Craig desperate for a $1,000.00  month in free rent.  Just as her claim that she would leave Key West if he didn't show proper respect.  From what I saw of pictures taken at the time it appeared they were there over a weekend.  I think Naomie got dropped from the shooting schedule  for Day 2 (maybe just for dramatic purposes) and didn't really have a finance test.  Now she will be missing out on a day's shooting.  If she and Craig split she won't be invited back. Chelsea single girl would be a better choice.  No one needs another reality star who is busy all day.  I agree about the mom, as a parent my friends and I will ask each other-"would you want to be married to one of our children<" when they act out in an entitled manner. 

Saying to two people can you agree to be civil with each other-really doesn't solve anything.  It didn't help Whitney started the conversation by asking if there was any chance Kathryn and Thomas would be getting back together and then dumping Landon down at the end of the table.  Craig although a little assertive did the right thing by getting Landon to acknowledge her behavior would hurt Kathryn.  I personally, don't think it is any of Kathryn's business who Thomas' dates be it an hour or a year after they break up.  I do believe Landon that she and Thomas have not hooked up.  After her marriage and divorce I think she is looking for someone without children.  Of course if she keeps building herself up with her eggs on the verge of rotting and her face wrinkling like a prune she may limit the pool of available suitors.  Thomas on the other hand made some bad joke about oral sex and Landon-for that alone she had every right to say what she said about him using her to get at Kathryn.

• Love 7

I think I must be the only one who saw Danni's boyfriend and thought, what a nice big guy he is, with a chest and everything. Plus, he seemed to be a gentleman. Of course, I'm old, so I have an eye and an appreciation for such things. It's just my taste. I like a little beef.

• Love 24
15 hours ago, oceanview said:

Thank you     I have been reading these posts all season and never saw it mentioned.   The first time he was on I had the same feelings about his  speech.     Thought he might have an "impediment" of some sort, but could not figure out what. Found it annoying, whatever it was, and sort of ignore him most of the time.     Was it Naomi's mother or Austen's perhaps that seemed to be very bossy and "in charge of everything" in an earlier episode or am I confusing someone else?  Could even be another show  LOL.   All I remember is that she was very bossy and everything revolved around her okay.

15 hours ago, oceanview said:

Thank you     I have been reading these posts all season and never saw it mentioned.   The first time he was on I had the same feelings about his  speech.     Thought he might have an "impediment" of some sort, but could not figure out what. Found it annoying, whatever it was, and sort of ignore him most of the time.     Was it Naomi's mother or Austen's perhaps that seemed to be very bossy and "in charge of everything" in an earlier episode or am I confusing someone else?  Could even be another show  LOL.   All I remember is that she was very bossy and everything revolved around her okay.

Regarding Austins speech.  While watching the episode again, it seems like Austins tongue is too large for his mouth, if that's possible?  That's why all the movement when he talks?

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Craig perhaps played organized baseball at a level higher than Little League, as the use of chewing tobacco is quite prevalent starting at the high school level.  It has actually been banned in baseball's minor leagues since 1993 but a ban has been fought at the major league level and is still permitted under the MLBPA's current collective bargaining agreement.  Famously, Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn died of salivary gland cancer, directly related to his long term use of chewing tobacco.  Aside from being disgusting, it's a dangerous habit and one I hope Craig is trying to rid himself of.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey there!  

It's really one of those things that is impossible to envision, unless you have actually seen, heard and smelled it.  

NC girl here too. Cannot agree more. I live near Durham, which has a huge historical background with tobacco. As bad as smoking is, there is no comparison with "chaw."

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Regarding Austins speech.  While watching the episode again, it seems like Austins tongue is too large for his mouth, if that's possible?  That's why all the movement when he talks?

Okay. I never really noticed anything unusual about Austen's speech.  Everyone has their own manner of speaking, but, took another look and I think I know what it might be.  His lower teeth stick out further than his top teeth.  So, it's an under bite.  It can effect speech.  You can see it here.

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-4/blogs/austen-kroll-opens-up-about-making-moves-on-chelsea-meissner

I don't think it's very noticeable though.  

5 minutes ago, epc said:

NC girl here too. Cannot agree more. I live near Durham, which has a huge historical background with tobacco. As bad as smoking is, there is no comparison with "chaw."

There must be a bunch of us Carolina girls (or guys)  around here.  I'm in Raleigh. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I think I must be the only one who saw Danni's boyfriend and thought, what a nice big guy he is, with a chest and everything. Plus, he seemed to be a gentleman. Of course, I'm old, so I have an eye and an appreciation for such things. It's just my taste. I like a little beef.

I am not that old and I thought the same, he looks and sounded like a nice guy. Danni is a lucky girl, by what I can see.

I'm nowhere near the capital, but I do root for the Tar Heels. :) I'm in the mountains. Went to ASU and loved it so much I stayed here.

• Love 6

Nobody has mentioned Chelsea opting to get a room with Cam instead of with Austen.  What's with that?  Hasn't she been sleeping with him all along?  Is she trying to make a statement that they are not that serious?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Nobody has mentioned Chelsea opting to get a room with Cam instead of with Austen.  What's with that?  Hasn't she been sleeping with him all along?  Is she trying to make a statement that they are not that serious?

She has a weird way of going about it, spying and getting upset over seeing him with Landon on the hammock.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Her bathing suit was bad, her shapeless cream dress with the stars (?) on it was completely unflattering,

OMG, "unflattering" is the most minimal and kind word you could have written.  She doesn't have the body for that "bad" swimsuit.   Hope she has a kind (extremely patient and extremely loyal) friend to give her some fashion advice.   That girl is a trip...and not a fun one.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think it's very noticeable though.

Very noticeable.  I wouldn't hurt Austen's feelings by suggesting a poll on Andy Cohen's show.

3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm from NC.  I've been around quite a few people who dip snuff (older folks years ago) and chew tobacco.  Have you ever been in the room with someone who chews tobacco?  OMG.  I'm not sure that anyone can imagine what it's like to be around a person who does this.  I'm a pretty tolerant person,, but, it's really off the charts, imo.  It is ACTUALLY one of the most foul things I have ever encountered.  When you chew tobacco, you have to continually spit this foul substance that collects in your moth.  This tobacco juice is disgusting, smells, looks like diarrhea.....and the breath.....omg. I don't know how Naomi could kiss him.  I know it's rooted in southern culture, but, I can't imagine how any man who does it, ever gets laid.  Okay....off rant.  This is just one of my pet peeves.  I don't have many, but, omg.  

Don't forget those little tell "traces" on their teeth.    A tiny bit of "black stuff" here and there.    

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Very noticeable.  I wouldn't hurt Austen's feelings by suggesting a poll on Andy Cohen's show.

Don't forget those little tell "traces" on their teeth.    A tiny bit of "black stuff" here and there.    

I once worked with a guy who ruined his teeth with dip, got them fixed and then a few years later they were back to being gross again.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Nancypants said:

The prettiest girl on reality tv with style an uncanny knack for looking effortlessly  flawless at all times. Plus, she is cool.  

Can't think of anyone else who fills that role on tv.

She is pretty, I agree, but flawless?  No, I do not agree.  And I don't agree that she is cool.  

19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So Cam being pretty gives her the right to keep her private life off limits while everybody else on the show has to agree to have their lives on blast? 

Really? Nobody else? Not even Patricia? lol

Haha!  Right? 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Speaking of Andy... according to his book, he never noticed his wonky eye until viewers pointed it out.  I could not believe that - it is ALL I CAN SEE when I watch wwhl.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Speaking of Andy... according to his book, he never noticed his wonky eye until viewers pointed it out.  I could not believe that - it is ALL I CAN SEE when I watch wwhl.

That's amazing.  I have a friend in college who had a lazy eye.  She was very aware and self-conscious about it.  I would have thought that Andy would have had a diagnosis by an eye doctor over the years. 

• Love 1

K, a couple things. 

#1 I don't think Landon is this cunning, man-stealing, manipulative type of girl. i just don't get that vibe from her. if she were, she'd be a lot more receptive to Thomas's advances than she is. I honestly think she feels pressured to get with him but doesn't want to. 

#2 I think it bothers Landon that Katherine doesn't like her. 

#3 It pisses me off the way Katherine gives all the males a pass for the things they do, but has Landon rejecting Thomas and practically begging to be her friend, who insists she's done nothing wrong and Kathryn is just like "fuck off." And Jennifer committed the unforgivable sin of accepting a tissue from Thomas at the reunion last year, so Kathryn cut her off, too. Meanwhile, Thomas gets a pass after all he's done to her, Craig gets a pass for fighting with her first season and for insisting Thomas take a paternity test last season, Whitney gets a pass for all he's done to her, etc. I think that, if anyone's not a girls-girl, it's KATHERINE. 

#4 I don't like the way Niomi treats Craig. It makes me dislike her. Is she attracted to him anymore? I get how it's unattractive for a man to just sit around and do nothing at home all day while you're at work and in school, busting your ass. I get how it's annoying that, to top it off, he's super-sensitive, so you feel you can't address the problem like you could with someone else and I get how it's annoying that he's always late, unprepared and lies about it when it affects you. I get that. But it's like, why are you with him if you feel this way? Clearly, she's more compatible with a man whose less sensitive and more driven/ambitious and realistic than Craig is. 

• Love 10

I don't give a damn about Katherine's looks, how she dresses, what she drinks, what drugs she uses.  And, I don't give a damn about Thomas, who he's screwing, who he's dating, etc.. What bothers me is those kids who are being grown up with that nanny next door to Thomas's house no less.  Katherine is putting herself before her children.  Forget about Thomas, filming, going away and drinking and consentrate on your children.  These two SELFISH parents care more about their pleasures and themselves than anything else.  Thomas is 53 years old and still thinks he's a frat boy.  When I was Katherine's age, I had 2 children also and took care of them.  They are all entitled brats.  I still watch this stupid show tho.  And, I don't blame Cams husband for not filming with this bunch. He's a Doctor and is smart not to get involved.  He is a class act.  Earth to Katherine ..  Go to rehab and be a REAL MOTHER.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Here's wishing you both more tongue sushi!

Cheers!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and have switched to vaping. It's a lot less stinky and gross, and cheaper overall than continuously buying packs of cigarettes. Anyway my boyfriend still smokes (like a fucking chimney) and it grosses me out to smell it on him and when we kiss. The thing that bugs me most is that he has vapes. Like 3 of em. And he buys e-liquid....yet he won't quit the cigs. And if I even approach the subject with him he immediately gets defensive.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, epc said:

Now that I think back, I remember my great grandmother's house had a smell that was probably the snuff, and she used a tin can to spit in. It brings up sentimental memories of a grandma, but it's not so attractive on a younger person especially one you have a physical relationship with. Toward the end of her life, my grandmother was in a nursing home, and she was so happy when my aunt brought her snuff. 

I'm 45 and have seen lots of changes here. My parents and grandparents and those before them were raised on farms where tobacco was one of the crops grown. When I was younger, I never noticed cigarette smoke and now that the smell is gone from public places, the smell is more noticeable and bothersome. Drinking can still have a stigma around here thanks to religion. It's argued drinking is worse because alcoholism can cause more problems than tobacco addiction. Southern culture is just interesting all the way around. 

• Love 4

OK.  Off topic but I quit smoking about four years ago.  I went to a party where someone was vaping.  I was intrigued.  I sat and talked with her and decided I was going to give this a try.  Went to a local shop and got myself set up.  I had like two cigarettes the rest of the day and the next day I totally switched.  I've never smoked a cigarette again.  The thing about vaping is all you're doing is nicotine.  Nicotine does not cause cancer.  It's all the carcinogens in tobacco that cause cancer.  I can be around people who are smoking, although I don't like the smell, but I have no desire to have a cigarette. 

Vaping isn't the same as 'smoking'.  It's different.  That's why many smokers can't make the switch.  What it does do is give you an alternative to the hand to mouth calming effect that smoking does along with a nicotine fix.  It's a big deal.  Hard to understand for a nonsmoker.  And the other stuff that's in cigarettes.  So, I have lied in bed and not be able to sleep and I would want to get up and go outside and have a cigarette.  The same isn't true for vaping.  I don't really think about it.  I don't have that urge.  And because of my limited addition of nicotine, it's not about the drug but more about the habit of the motion.

Quitting tobacco is hard.  Vaping is a great alternative if you can go to that next step.  And most people kind of like the smell.  It makes the room smell nice if you choose an unobtrusive flavor.  And BTW, nicotine is very similar to caffeine.  I could care less about caffeine.  I have a third of a cup of coffee in the morning and I'm done for the rest of the day (and I could totally get by without it but at the same time I know people who just can't function without their doses of caffeine).  I say this to point out that addiction is very personal.  You can become addicted to a particular 'drug' and have no problem with another 'drug'. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Landon. oh, honey no. I'm thrilled to see The Village Idiot exposed for the insecure mess that she is. Her stone cold Uselessness has been on creep mode for awhile, now thus season shows how Pitiful this awful creature is. What a total Waste of space!.  The last blast of hope, to fund her uselessness has past,.her sell-by date is over. I smell only rotten eggs. Couldn't even achieve a that easy Mark..

9 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Giselle said:

Who cares as long as he has a kind and loving heart.

Agreed. I'm fat, and nice.

5 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Landon. oh, honey no. I'm thrilled to see The Village Idiot exposed for the insecure mess that she is. Her stone cold Uselessness has been on creep mode for awhile, now thus season shows how Pitiful this awful creature is. What a total Waste of space!.  The last blast of hope, to fund her uselessness has past,.her sell-by date is over. I smell only rotten egg

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, snarts said:

Not familiar with all of them but Botched & Mr Miami are both private practices. Cameran's husband is an anesthesiologist who works for a medical group.  Hence the ethics clause. 

I did not realize that he was an anesthesiologist, smart man.

It is not like he needs to shill for patients. Lol

• Love 2
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Craig and Naomie live in a house that would fetch about $2,000-tops in the rental market.  Craig makes the repairs and improvements.  Naomie seemed freaked out when Craig bought the rental and then went so far to suggest he sleep over there a couple of times.  One day Craig may just decided it to take her up on her offer. I don't see Craig desperate for a $1,000.00  month in free rent.  Just as her claim that she would leave Key West if he didn't show proper respect.  From what I saw of pictures taken at the time it appeared they were there over a weekend.  I think Naomie got dropped from the shooting schedule  for Day 2 (maybe just for dramatic purposes) and didn't really have a finance test.  Now she will be missing out on a day's shooting.  If she and Craig split she won't be invited back. Chelsea single girl would be a better choice.  No one needs another reality star who is busy all day.  I agree about the mom, as a parent my friends and I will ask each other-"would you want to be married to one of our children<" when they act out in an entitled manner. 

Saying to two people can you agree to be civil with each other-really doesn't solve anything.  It didn't help Whitney started the conversation by asking if there was any chance Kathryn and Thomas would be getting back together and then dumping Landon down at the end of the table.  Craig although a little assertive did the right thing by getting Landon to acknowledge her behavior would hurt Kathryn.  I personally, don't think it is any of Kathryn's business who Thomas' dates be it an hour or a year after they break up.  I do believe Landon that she and Thomas have not hooked up.  After her marriage and divorce I think she is looking for someone without children.  Of course if she keeps building herself up with her eggs on the verge of rotting and her face wrinkling like a prune she may limit the pool of available suitors.  Thomas on the other hand made some bad joke about oral sex and Landon-for that alone she had every right to say what she said about him using her to get at Kathryn.

Landon is looking for a wallet. At her age, it is going to be hard to find a man without kids, imo.

as far as Kathryn and Thomas, it is my firm belief that she loves that idiot and so does he. 

WHat she does not want to accept is that he will be a cheater his entire married life. He is just that entitled.

15 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I'm wondering if Craig perhaps played organized baseball at a level higher than Little League, as the use of chewing tobacco is quite prevalent starting at the high school level.  It has actually been banned in baseball's minor leagues since 1993 but a ban has been fought at the major league level and is still permitted under the MLBPA's current collective bargaining agreement.  Famously, Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn died of salivary gland cancer, directly related to his long term use of chewing tobacco.  Aside from being disgusting, it's a dangerous habit and one I hope Craig is trying to rid himself of.

In my son's highschool varsity players chew. I live in New York State. Gross.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Giselle said:

Who cares as long as he has a kind and loving heart.

He has a private plane and provided her with what looks like a 4 carat engagement ring.

6 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Now that I think back, I remember my great grandmother's house had a smell that was probably the snuff, and she used a tin can to spit in. It brings up sentimental memories of a grandma, but it's not so attractive on a younger person especially one you have a physical relationship with. Toward the end of her life, my grandmother was in a nursing home, and she was so happy when my aunt brought her snuff. 

I'm 45 and have seen lots of changes here. My parents and grandparents and those before them were raised on farms where tobacco was one of the crops grown. When I was younger, I never noticed cigarette smoke and now that the smell is gone from public places, the smell is more noticeable and bothersome. Drinking can still have a stigma around here thanks to religion. It's argued drinking is worse because alcoholism can cause more problems than tobacco addiction. Southern culture is just interesting all the way around. 

Wow. Women chew too?

I just watched this one.  I am in NO way a K-fan, but is it at all possible that her "this is too salty" remark was about the conch fritters that were being served, not the drink?  I absolutely think she drank it, but she seems the type of patron that would return an incorrectly prepared item, rather than just accept it and soldier on.  I know she believes, in her self-important way, that her get-ups display her fabulous sense of fashion and style, but she always strikes me as being in costume.  Who the hell wants that kind of pressure?

• Love 1

Upon rewatching the episode in Season 1 in which Thomas invited Danni to a polo lesson at his plantation I am of the opinion that she was turned off by his adolescent behavior. She might have mentioned his age as being a factor but that's a lot simpler than explaining his behavior. He was not at all subtle about wanting her to drink too much and stay over night. The conversation on his part was so incredibly lame and his talking head about the possibility of her being "the next Mrs. Thomas Ravenal" was much too premature. He didn't seem to realize that he couldn't just select a wife to suit him. 

When he walked her out to her car after JD's picnic and tried to kiss her but was rebuffed both he and JD characterized it as being a high school move.

If Danni found a real adult man (as opposed to Shep and T Rav) who will treat her well and show her the world I think she couldn't do better than that, regardless of his age or appearance. Shep and T Rav are both looking rough lately anyway.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, arejay said:

is it at all possible that her "this is too salty" remark was about the conch fritters that were being served, not the drink

Only if you eat conch fritters through a straw.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't give a damn about Katherine's looks, how she dresses, what she drinks, what drugs she uses.  And, I don't give a damn about Thomas, who he's screwing, who he's dating, etc.. What bothers me is those kids who are being grown up with that nanny next door to Thomas's house no less.  Katherine is putting herself before her children.  Forget about Thomas, filming, going away and drinking and consentrate on your children.  These two SELFISH parents care more about their pleasures and themselves than anything else.  Thomas is 53 years old and still thinks he's a frat boy.  When I was Katherine's age, I had 2 children also and took care of them.  They are all entitled brats.  I still watch this stupid show tho.  And, I don't blame Cams husband for not filming with this bunch. He's a Doctor and is smart not to get involved.  He is a class act.  Earth to Katherine ..  Go to rehab and be a REAL MOTHER.  

I think those kids are probably better off being raised by a nanny than by either one of those 2! 

• Love 9
On 6/20/2017 at 7:21 PM, Gam2 said:

It was said in the first episode, I believe, that Cameron's husband did not want to be filmed because he's a physician in Charleston and wanted to maintain his professional distance. Cam respected that and said so. I think she's cute as a speckled pup, love her clothes and hair and love that she seems so happy with her husband. I do agree that she needs to stay out of Shep's love life and she should leave Chelsea alone re her love life. I think the producers are having a hard time finding a niche for Cam although everyone on the show seems to really like her. She's the ultimate Southern belle, in my opinion, and that's why she's still on this show. Landon just needs to go somewhere else-anywhere else away from Charleston, the US or this planet. That girl is just SAD in every way. No wonder her dad is so disappointed and disgusted with her. I would be too if I were one of her parents. Enough, Landon. Grow up and get a damn job! I vaguely remember her sister being on the show and trying to talk some sense into Landon so apparently the parents could raise one decent, hard working child. 

She does have a job...this show is her job. And probably pays pretty well. 

• Love 3
On 6/20/2017 at 1:09 PM, pasdetrois said:

I spent a milestone birthday in Key West last winter and adored it. Like Whitney I was covered the full time (pre-skin cancer findings).

I love that Cameron has a rockin' body but resists the temptation to expose her various body parts (see RHoA).

I guess Danni's goal is to marry money.

I appreciate that Kathryn did not provide her screeching psycho self for the cameras. If she didn't worry about custody, I wonder if she would have gone for the Full Kathryn?

Give it a rest JD: "Do you have Gentry bourbon?"

Cameron and Chelsie spying on the flirtatious Landon was gold.

Craig's pole vaulting around the table to mansplain the women's conversation was obnoxious. Good for Danni thundering a little smack-down on him.

I think it's both the custody worry and embarrassment for how she came off on TV in the past. I think Kathryn is learning to better manage her emotions and not be so reactive all the time. 

Do you ever watch Vanderpump Rules? If so, you know Kristen? I think Katherine and Kristen have a lot in common, like they're cut from the same cloth. They're both extremely reactive and irrational when something upsets them and have a hard time controlling themselves, to a point where it's self-destructive bc they end up embarrassing themselves and pushing people away. And I think therapy has helped both of them with learning to have better self-control. 

• Love 4
On 6/20/2017 at 7:42 AM, HunterHunted said:

No it doesn't. When I say this is my job, I mean it is quite literally my job to work for an agency and develop best practices for the treatment of these issues for millions of Americans. If a person has never had maladaptive behavior with certain substances, then they should be able to use them, with some mindfulness and monitoring. However, it seems like Kathryn slides into her old behaviors when she's been drinking.

Correct. That's not even my job, but even I know that. It's just common sense. Different substances have different chemicals, some that your body may be hard-wired to abuse than others. 

• Love 4

Eh, I don't like Landon, or perhaps it's more fair to say I don't like Landon because of her edit, because she sure was spot on with her comment about Thomas using her--but girl was rocking her bikini standing up. When you sit down, things sit down with you! Anyone telling you you have to fit into a narrowly-accepted size/shape/style at all angles or god forbid you look as you naturally do is just trying to sell you something. Screw that. 

I totally loved Austen's, "You talked with Shep, didn't you" semi-resigned aside after Chelsea started changing her story. 

Thomas sure plays the bewildered innocent well. Pity it's so excruciating to witness. :P

• Love 9
On 6/20/2017 at 10:50 AM, cameron said:

Call me old, but I have to wonder what kind of marriage Cameron has when she goes on her birthday trip without her husband.  He has to be the laughing stock of the hospital.

She's filming for a show, and goes to all sorts of "social" events without him for it. In fact, my guess is that it wasn't really her birthday at all. Or she had a real celebration with him off-camera, and just filmed this somewhat near the date of hers. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

Eh, I don't like Landon, or perhaps it's more fair to say I don't like Landon because of her edit, because she sure was spot on with her comment about Thomas using her--but girl was rocking her bikini standing up. When you sit down, things sit down with you! Anyone telling you you have to fit into a narrowly-accepted size/shape/style at all angles or god forbid you look as you naturally do is just trying to sell you something. Screw that.

I agree with you - I don't like Landon but I didn't see anything wrong with how she looked in her bikini.  I thought she looked good.  The main difference for me was just that she wasn't as tan as the other girls.  I liked her long flowing cover up.  I just bought one this year after having seen women on various Bravo shows wearing them (sad but true). 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I'm 32 and I thought he was attractive too, so it has nothing to do with age. I like skinny guys or guys with a little bit more meat on them. I don't find guys with 6-pack abs attractive. Everyone has different tastes. 

I'm at a table of one on this but I don't hate Landon nearly as much this season as I did before. She was straight-up hilarious in this ep imo.

I immediately hated Noami before I even knew much about her. There was just something about her. I started to like her for a bit but I'm back to hating her now. Why doesn't she just break up with Craig if she thinks so little of him? She doesn't need the money off this show. I guess it's the 'fame' she wants.

• Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 8:18 AM, MrSmith said:

My wife and I continually marvel over this fact. Kathryn doesn't understand she doesn't own Thomas and that he doesn't owe her anything like what he would if they were in a romantic relationship. He doesn't have to ask her permission, give her any explanations, or anything else. If he wants to screw every willing woman in Charleston and the surrounding area, he can do just that. Hell, she can get it on with as many men as she chooses! Having kids with someone doesn't give you any rights, except as pertains strictly to the children's well-being and care.

Kathryn is following her storyline given to her by Bravo.  Thomas is doing the same.  She probably needs the Bravo paycheck.   I doubt that things will change until Bravo sees a need.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why doesn't she just break up with Craig if she thinks so little of him? She doesn't need the money off this show. I guess it's the 'fame' she wants.

She's a defensive narcissist. And a bully. I imagine she treats a lot of people the way she treats Craig.

3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Kathryn is following her storyline given to her by Bravo.  Thomas is doing the same.  She probably needs the Bravo paycheck.   I doubt that things will change until Bravo sees a need.

No, not this girl. Kathryn's antics in real life, on Instagram, all back up everything @MrSmith said. This is not a storyline for her, she is one person who is actually living real life on TV. Bravo adapted to her real life story because it's so outrageous and crazy, it makes for good TV. All her facial expressions, the things she says about others, the way she chases after Thomas and throws daggers at anyone he is nice to.... remember Jennifer at the reunion, Thomas handing her a handkerchief because she was crying? A gentlemanly thing to do, Kathryn goes batshit crazy and won't even speak to Jennifer because of that. That's real life, that's not a script.

All the things she's said on camera while under the influence....not scripted. That's who Kathryn is.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

No, there's no way this is scripted. It's too consistent both off- and on-screen. I also can't see anyone being willing to follow a reality TV script that requires them to show absolutely no compassion for someone else's child who had just had cranial surgery because this would make them look like a monster. Even I wouldn't do that, even though I said I'm willing to become a Bravolebrity for the money. Kathryn did exactly that just because she was pissed at Jennifer Snowden for taking the offered handkerchief at the previous reunion show. You're only going to do that if that's who you are.

I also don't believe that Thomas is following a Bravo script, either. I think he really is a horny, aging hound-dog who thinks he's still got the looks and charm of someone 20 years younger and doesn't realize that he's long since passed the point at which he should have matured and stopped being so shallow in order to have the family life he claims to want.

• Love 19