Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

I believe Mr. and Mrs. Thomas have regular jobs in addition to the cheerleading camp.  They have a very nice home in a very expensive city. They have three (apparently) very well taken care of children.  Their oldest daughter had an apartment, a car, and money enough to vacation in the DR. 

The children went to a good school, so I'm guessing they're in a very expensive school district, or they attended private school.

My guess is that they got into cheerleading when Chantel was young and took it over when other parents aged out.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:17 AM, Saltgypsie said:

I'm still puzzled on why the Chantal famly thinks they are so special? Running a cheerleading and basketball camp can't be all that lucrative.  They kinda act like "old money" (no disrespect) people do, with the slow speech, noses up in the air etc....I would really like to know if they work, and where they were moving too!  Just call me nosey rosey..

There is plenty of money to be made in cheering camps. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, spankydoll said:

There is plenty of money to be made in cheering camps. 

Indeed.  In sports camps in general.  I touch on that industry where I work, and it is lucrative if you produce results.

• Love 2

I don't think the outside shots of Family Chantel's house or Chantel's "studio" are the real places where they live. Also they live in a cheaper suburb of the metro Atlanta area. I know because I live here and I googled some of the places like the barber shop.

Chantel and family are closed-minded, judgmental assholes. "This is where the militia live" and similar coming from them. And Chantel's habit of turning her head away makes me wanna slap the taste out of her mouth. I cannot believe that none of them bothered to learn anything about Dominican culture. Chantel included.

The tiny cowboy hat infuriates me for some reason.

Poor Pedro. He wants to do right by his wife but neither of them are mature enough for marriage.

Forgot to add that I've noticed River wears a ring on his wedding finger.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, pollywood said:

Forgot to add that I've noticed River wears a ring on his wedding finger.

River's ring may not signify a damn thing. After all, Darcy wears a huge hunk of a ring on her wedding finger that only signifies that she is a delusional fool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Who is Darcy?  I keep seeing that name pop up.  I'm not watching the "Before the 90 Days" so if she's from that, I haven't seen her.

That's where she's from.  She's a high maintenance mutton dressed as lamb type fawning over her boy toy nearly half her age.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, b2H said:

With the hurricane Maria bearing down on DR, has anyone heard about Pedro's family, particularly the grandmother, getting out of the country?

Oddly enough, I thought about them as well.  Hope they are ok. Abuela's house isn't concrete construction. 

My inlaws live in PR, so it's been all eyes on.  Feel sad for those poor folks in Mexico with the earthquake.  

PR has zero power, limited cell phone availability, and most of island has no running water right now. Mudslides everywhere.  The DR has similar terrain. It will be a long road back for all in the wake of the storm.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Afterthought
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Oddly enough, I thought about them as well.  Hope they are ok. Abuela's house isn't concrete construction. 

My inlaws live in PR, so it's been all eyes on.  Feel sad for those poor folks in Mexico with the earthquake.  

PR has zero power, limited cell phone availability, and most of island has no running water right now. Mudslides everywhere.  The DR has similar terrain. It will be a long road back for all in the wake of the storm.

It was the same thing I felt with 'Outdaughtered' when the Weather Channel kept talking about League City when Irma hit Houston, which is where the family live.  I guess I'm more of a reality junkie than I know that I 'know' people that live in the ravaged areas.......

Edited by b2H
clarity - for which storm
  • Love 3

I realize that I have not seen this discussed but I may be reading so many of the different 90DF threads that I missed it ... but of ALL of the reprehensible annoying awful folks featured on ALL of the shows, I think my VERY LEAST FAVORITES (VLFs) are SisterPedro and MotherPedro. 

Especially SisterPedro. She is just a shrieking virago with no redeemable characteristics ... when Chantel cursed her out I gave a slow golf clap and I don't even like Chantel. 

I can't help but feel a large part of Chantel's resentment about Pedro supporting them is not just the concept of "nice Dominican young man supporting his parents" but how HORRIBLE the supportees are to her. His MotherPedro is awful too, but it's his mother. SisterPedro Is The Worst. 

Just me?

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
They're horrible to him too but I meant to HER (Chantel)
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I realize that I have not seen this discussed but I may be reading so many of the different 90DF threads that I missed it ... but of ALL of the reprehensible annoying awful folks featured on ALL of the shows, I think my VERY LEAST FAVORITES (VLFs) are SisterPedro and MotherPedro. 

Especially SisterPedro. She is just a shrieking virago with no redeemable characteristics ... when Chantel cursed her out I gave a slow golf clap and I don't even like Chantel. 

I can't help but feel a large part of Chantel's resentment about Pedro supporting them is not just the concept of "nice Dominican young man supporting his parents" but how HORRIBLE the supportees are to him. His MotherPedro is awful too, but it's his mother. SisterPedro Is The Worst. 

Just me?

And the fact that MotherPedro is a lawyer.  She's not a poor widowed single parent with young children who are starving.  Does SisterPedro have a job?  If not, why not?  If so, why isn't SHE supporting MotherPedro?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And the fact that MotherPedro is a lawyer.  She's not a poor widowed single parent with young children who are starving.  Does SisterPedro have a job?  If not, why not?  If so, why isn't SHE supporting MotherPedro?

She's supposedly a beauty queen.  I didn't find her much attractive, but that's just me.

• Love 4

I don't think that Chantel would have a problem with Pedro sending money to his mother and sister if Mother Pedro was a poor widow.  I can see her getting annoyed when Mother Pedro is a lawyer and Sister Pedro is a pageant queen.  And, she probably might not have minded that too much, either, but as another poster pointed out, they aren't even nice to her, or even pretending to be.

• Love 6

Sorry but would anybody here want their daughter to be treated like Pedro is treating Chantel? I’m starting to side with little brother, Sideshow Bob, or whatever his name is. Pedro is a mega douche canoe and his sister needs her ass beat. I’d like to see family Chantel knock the shit out of both of them and teach them a lesson, family brawl style. I didn’t agree with family Chantel before but now I do. I hate to say it. 

• Love 10

100% Team Chantel, and although her family is affected and annoying, at least they aren't a couple of scam artist skanks, like Pedro's mother and sister are.

Chantel, spray your house with this immediately and remember that the little bitch is in YOUR house:

a82daddb5bf00257e071ee55141839e3.jpg

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Sorry but would anybody here want their daughter to be treated like Pedro is treating Chantel? I’m starting to side with little brother, Sideshow Bob, or whatever his name is. Pedro is a mega douche canoe and his sister needs her ass beat. I’d like to see family Chantel knock the shit out of both of them and teach them a lesson, family brawl style. I didn’t agree with family Chantel before but now I do. I hate to say it. 

Pedro and his family suck, but so do Chantel and hers. She’s over there telling her family everything Pedro and his sister said and then is in a panic that they might retaliate. What special dish is mama Chantel going to prepare for Nicole?  The whole group of them are sick and they deserve each other.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Pedro and his family suck, but so do Chantel and hers. She’s over there telling her family everything Pedro and his sister said and then is in a panic that they might retaliate. What special dish is mama Chantel going to prepare for Nicole?  The whole group of them are sick and they deserve each other.

I get it but that little bitch sister of his is crossing lines big time and he just sits there like Chantel is nothing to him. Taking both the families out of the equation, Pedro is really infuriating and treating his wife like shit. Chantel has always taken Pedro’s side against her crazy family, but he won’t give her the same respect? If it were my daughter I would have gone over there and it wouldn’t have been pretty. 

Editing to add that Chantel doesn’t deserve to be treated this way based on the choices her family makes or their opinions. I wouldn’t want to be blamed for my family’s choices if I’m trying my best to keep peace and I believe Chantel is. Pedro doesn’t care about her.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I get it but that little bitch sister of his is crossing lines big time and he just sits there like Chantel is nothing to him. Taking both the families out of the equation, Pedro is really infuriating and treating his wife like shit. Chantel has always taken Pedro’s side against her crazy family, but he won’t give her the same respect? If it were my daughter I would have gone over there and it wouldn’t have been pretty. 

Editing to add that Chantel doesn’t deserve to be treated this way based on the choices her family makes or their opinions. I wouldn’t want to be blamed for my family’s choices if I’m trying my best to keep peace and I believe Chantel is. Pedro doesn’t care about her.

Does she really stick up for him?.. she does it in a half assed way and she continually bitches about everything to them fueling their paranoia. 

I totally agree that Pedro needs to put his sister and mom in their place and stand up for Chantel, I would not be happy if my sister were treated as Pedro and his sister treated Chantel. BUT until Chantel stands up for herself and demands respect instead of trying to pacify everyone and keep “the marriage together” nothing will change. 

It looks like next week Chantel brings Pedro and his sister to her folks house for what she damn well knows is an ambush. Like I said they all suck!!

• Love 6

Yes, every time they come up with some conspiracy theory, Chantel tries to talk them down. If Pedro is in the room while they are spitting their bs, she always says it’s between the two of them. But I can see how her family’s fears confuse her and make her question things. I can also see why they are suspicious of Pedro. That doesn’t excuse their behavior when they visited his family or the fact that they butt into their relationship. But Chantel definitely tries to accommodate and make this relationship work, even when Pedro is sending money to DR and being an asshole. I would not be as nice as Chantel is in her position. That’s probably why her family is so up in arms over this. They know she won’t stick up for herself. She’s very passive and I really wish she wasn’t. Pedro will quickly become abusive because he knows Chantel won’t do shit. It’s sad. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Chantel needs to share her issues with Pedro with a girlfriend, a therapist, a diary, or keep it to herself.  I agree that she’s not helping things by constantly running to her ignorant family with these issues.  

She also needs to be assertive but not childish when she’s arguing with Pedro.  None of this “I said good day!” and running away BS.  She could’ve easily explained her very valid point about Nicole being ungrateful to sleep on the couch or Pedro’s spending their money without discussion without screaming and running off.

I also don’t get why one would wear club wear to class-the purple slit up to there dress.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 9
(edited)

I want to see a cage match between River and Sister Pedro! 

edited to add: From next week's preview, I just might get my wish! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

This all makes sense if you assume that at least a portion of the cast is working off a script.  I think for sure Mama and Sister Pedro are hamming it up, and I suspect the same of Mama and Papa Chantel.  I don't think Chantel or Pedro is in on it, and I'm pretty sure the lesser siblings are left out, too.  It's the only thing that explains all this over-the-top bad behavior, especially the face-making of Sister Pedro.  Believe me, folks:  we're being played here.  The more outrage they can work us up to, the greater the audience.  These folks are being paid for a reason.  Come into the light...

Edited by Mothra
arthritic fingers
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Chantel needs to share her issues with Pedro with a girlfriend, a therapist, a diary, or keep it to herself.  I agree that she’s not helping things by constantly running to her ignorant family with these issues.  

She also needs to be assertive but not childish when she’s arguing with Pedro.  None of this “I said good and running away BS.  She could’ve easily explained her very valid point about Nicole being ungrateful to sleep on the couch or Pedro’s spending their money without discussion without screaming and running off.

I also don’t get why one would wear club wear to class-the purple slit up to there dress.

Seems like she has tried to explain it to Pedro several times and he doesn’t get it and doesn’t care. I’m surprised she’s kept her composure as well as she has because I would have beat that little girls ass and divorced Pedro by now. But Chantel isn’t smart enough to know she’s being used. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

This all makes sense if you assume that at least a portion of the cast is working off a scrip;t.  I think for sure Mama and Sister Pedro are hamming it up, and I suspect the same of Mama and Papa Chantel.  I don't think Chantel or Pedro is in on it, and I'm pretty sure the lesser siblings are left out, too.  It's the only thing that explains all this over-the-top bad behavior, especially the face-making of Sister Pedro.  Believe me, folks:  we're being played here.  The more outrage they can work us up to, the greater the audience.  These folks are being paid for a reason.  Come into the light...

Actually I think they’re all getting played by TLC. 

1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Seems like she has tried to explain it to Pedro several times and he doesn’t get it and doesn’t care. I’m surprised she’s kept her composure as well as she has because I would have beat that little girls ass and divorced Pedro by now. But Chantel isn’t smart enough to know she’s being used. 

But she continually pushes Pedro to visit with her family knowing they are going to start interrogating him about all the things SHE’S told them. Face the fact that they don’t like him and he doesn’t like them and visit them on your own. And STOP airing your grievances about him with them. Or move far away and talk via the phone or Skype. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, NoSpam said:

After the horrible "vavation" she forced Pedro to go on, Chantel deserves all Pedro's sister can dish out. She didn't stick up for him one single time.

Pedro acted like a child on that free vacation. He didn’t have to go. I don’t think Chantel deserves to be disrespected in her own home by her husband and laughed at by that little bitch just because her parents wanted to take a vacation as a family. Pedro didn’t even try to get along. TLC made them take that vacation and Pedro is looking more and more like what Family Chantel thinks he is. Every episode reveals more of his true colors. And why is he so upset about an investigation if it won’t reveal anything? I’d be welcoming an investigation because I have nothing to hide. Let them waste their money. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I think for sure Mama and Sister Pedro are hamming it up, and I suspect the same of Mama and Papa Chantel. 

Could Mother Chantel have made it any more obvious that she was reading off cue cards? And what the hell was that removing her jewelry scene about? 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

And what the hell was that removing her jewelry scene about? 

Her lame ass was acting as if she was getting ready to go and fight Pedro and his sister.  In some communities, a lot of African-American communities from my experience, it is part of the culture (but I bet for all the talk of and belittling of Pedro's culture that Chantel and her family take part in the irony will be lost on them) that when one is getting ready to engage in a fight, you take off all your jewelry, shoes, etc., anything that could be lost, damaged, or a hindrance in a fair fist fight.  But, alas, her grandstanding was all for show as she wasn't about to do shit.  She just wanted to look tough as she knew damn well she wasn't going to do anything.  

River needs to Stop with his creepy self drooling over his own sister, get a girlfriend.

It's going to reach an entirely new level of creepy when tough guy River starts a fight by throwing something at Pedro next week.  I can't wait to see Pedro finish what River's punk-ass starts.  I don't normally advocate violence as a means of conflict resolution, but sometimes people need to learn the hard way not to start shit if you aren't prepared to finish it.  And Chantel will play the wide-eyed victim the entire time.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Could Mother Chantel have made it any more obvious that she was reading off cue cards? And what the hell was that removing her jewelry scene about? 

"Hold my hoops"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Pedro is a mega douche canoe and his sister needs her ass beat.

Absolutely 100%.  I can't say I wouldn't SMACK that ho's silly sneering grin clean off her face.

"I don't like your attitude"?  I wonder how you'd like my "attitude" in a divorce court, asshole.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, NoSpam said:
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm surprised snooty Mother Chantel would do anything so "ghetto." 

Snooty? That woman is a ghetto hillbilly.

Yes, but she's trying...so...hard to pass as someone classy and well-to-do. When I saw the outside of her modest little tract house, I knew she was a poser. That luxurious vacation cabin must have seemed like a palace to the Family Chantel, not the "we stay at places like this all the time" vibe she tried to convey. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

Haven't watched the whole episode yet (was more interested in the finale of Naked and Afraid XL).  But when they showed the episode of Chantel's sister (Winter?  Summer?  Autumn?  Spring?) and she yelled out "skanky-assed sister," I halfway expected MamaChantal to yell at her, "Don't talk about Chantel like that!"  Then I realized they were talking about Nicole.  Oops.  Or WAS she?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

River needs to Stop with his creepy self drooling over his own sister, get a girlfriend.

Both "boys" are guilty...maybe that's why they can't get along.

• Love 1