Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

River is too invested in his sister.  Protect her from what?  And how is Pedro freeloading?  Because he came to dinner?  He works and always has since he was able to in this country.  He is not asking Chantel or her family for money .

• Love 23

From the comment section in the River article: 

"Convenient how he leaves out that he called Pedro the N word not once, but twice. River is a twerp of the first magnitude and deserved a beat down. I wish he had gotten it."

Did anyone else hear this, I did not. There was so much going on I may have missed it.

Low blow if he did but wouldn't surprise me. Odd family.

• Love 10
Just now, itsadryheat said:

"Convenient how he leaves out that he called Pedro the N word not once, but twice. River is a twerp of the first magnitude and deserved a beat down. I wish he had gotten it."

Did anyone else hear this, I did not. There was so much going on I may have missed it.

River definitely said it and that is when Pedro got upset.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Kickboxer said:

They used, "The Family Chantel"!! Love it and thank-you for finding this.

No problem.   That site is my morning guilty pleasure. The show reviews are ridiculous!

6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

River definitely said it and that is when Pedro got upset.

How did I missthat? Guess I gotta watch it again

• Love 1
(edited)

We had a welcome lunch at work today and one of the new department heads told a story about someone who had been changed for the better through our charity. I had to keep from snickering when she said, "It was such a positive experience and he is now very wiser." I suppose that's better than him becoming more stupider!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 11

That fight was so awesome, I rewatched it like a dozen time. And in slow motion. It looked like River punched his mother in the face, and then she and Nicole went down. I'm not sure, but that's exactly what it looks like. And then Mother Chantel was running around after the fight with a big handful of hair extensions that I think were Nicole's. She must have grabbed her hair as they both hit the floor. I can't stand Pedro's sister (or mother for that matter), but how did that in any way look like Pedro and his sister came over to ambush River? It makes no sense. I think Pedro should just put his foot down and never associate with Family Chantel again. Or at least for a very long time.

• Love 9
On 7/12/2018 at 2:23 AM, Scout Finch said:

We had a welcome lunch at work today and one of the new department heads told a story about someone who had been changed for the better through our charity. I had to keep from snickering when she said, "It was such a positive experience and he is now very wiser." I suppose that's better than him becoming more stupider!

Maybe he’s a closet 90 Day viewer and picked it up from the show?

I think we’ve all picked up new phrases and malapropisms ( I miss Norm Crosby!!) from these shows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Nope

I didn't hear it either.  BTW, I seriously doubt Pedro would have gotten THAT upset to be called the "N" word by River.  Young black and Hispanic guys have been calling each other that since I was a teenager (40 years ago).  And it's just different when a black guy says it compared to a white guy saying it.  Just the way it is. 

I think River called Pedro the F or the S word, which would have pissed Pedro off royally.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

Maybe he’s a closet 90 Day viewer and picked it up from the show?

I think we’ve all picked up new phrases and malapropisms ( I miss Norm Crosby!!) from these shows.

I don't know if she is but I can't run the risk of inadvertently letting it spill that I watch shows like this. Especially, how much I adore them. No one here knows about my Big Brother addiction, either.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't hear it either.  BTW, I seriously doubt Pedro would have gotten THAT upset to be called the "N" word by River.  Young black and Hispanic guys have been calling each other that since I was a teenager (40 years ago).  And it's just different when a black guy says it compared to a white guy saying it.  Just the way it is. 

I think River called Pedro the F or the S word, which would have pissed Pedro off royally.

I agree.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

I don't know if she is but I can't run the risk of inadvertently letting it spill that I watch shows like this. Especially, how much I adore them. No one here knows about my Big Brother addiction, either.

Yes we all have a reputation to maintain!!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Teri313 said:

That fight was so awesome, I rewatched it like a dozen time. And in slow motion. It looked like River punched his mother in the face, and then she and Nicole went down. I'm not sure, but that's exactly what it looks like. And then Mother Chantel was running around after the fight with a big handful of hair extensions that I think were Nicole's. She must have grabbed her hair as they both hit the floor. I can't stand Pedro's sister (or mother for that matter), but how did that in any way look like Pedro and his sister came over to ambush River? It makes no sense. I think Pedro should just put his foot down and never associate with Family Chantel again. Or at least for a very long time.

Actually Chantel  was instrumental in the fight, when her mother asked Nicole how they were getting along in the apartment, Nicole said everything was fine. And Mother Chantel continued on with the “Thank God” and hand clapping that Nicole allegedly did, Nicole denied it and Chantel started calling her a liar. Mother Chantel just watched them go at it with a smug smirk. Pedro was annoyed that Chantel (as usual) had blabbed to her family and he tried to defuse it but Chantel wasn’t giving up, it just escalated from there. Nicole seemed to arrive with good intentions and Mother Chantel was itching for a fight and stupid Chantel gave her what she wanted. 

• Love 15

This is why I look at Pedro sideways: 

Like his mother is clearly taking advantage. I can understand help or sending things they can't get access to, but paying the rent, too? I thought I remembered this. He sees nothing wrong with it or putting his mother/sister first. As a wife, this would be a problem, too. There would have to boundaries and limits. I'm wondering what his mother pays for in her household. She needs a husband or a man.

• Love 3

I do think Pedro's mother and sister take advantage of him.  His father left them?  His mother probably guilts him to manipulate him for money and things.  She has probably beat it into him that he is the man in the family and must provide for them (even TVs) no matter what.  That and it is a cultural thing , but I think mami Pedro lays it on thick to get her way.  Gigi's dad is a pastor and was the one that married them ; I'm surprised she hasn't urged marriage counseling .  Perhaps she has and Chantal is all about how she doesn't need counseling because she has her family or some other dumb idea.  No one needs marriage counseling more than these two, THEN it might work.  AND a family detox for both of them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

Still trying to figure out what the F stands for. 

3DA769EA-EA9A-493C-AF2B-0F613FF66B77.jpeg

You and me both.  I figured out the "s" right away.  Unless I'm looking too deeply and it's just F***er, or something similar.

• Love 1

So, I had been wondering if Chantal would change her mind about who started the fight once she watched the episode.  Then, I realized that we have been shown the argument in the Dominican Republic between Chantal and Nicole (in the hotel lobby) several times during which it is clear that Nicole said "punta" and not puta as Chantal thought.  However, Chantal has never acknowledged that she was wrong and Nicole did not say that (after which Chantal made several horrible statements to Nicole for which she has never apologized).  Therefore I answered my own questions and thoughts-once Chantal makes up her mind about something, she won't change her view.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm #TeamPedro all the way...

I think he entered the marriage with an open heart and was rejected by Chantel's family at every turn.

Chantel is not the swiftest knife in the drawer and after the fight, her family got hold of her brain and made her see things their way. 

Why shouldn't Pedro side with his sister when Chantel went to see a private investigator with her family?

Pedro's sister is feisty and kind of a b, but it's only because she hears about how terribly Chantel has treated Pedro.

Yes, the sending money to his family is overboard, but Chantel would get a lot further with kindness. Pedro probably is storing up a nest egg in the DR because he knows all of this is about to blow up. I don't blame him.

River was crying because a girl beat him up. River, if you only realized how much Pedro was holding back!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 13

Watching Chantel tell her family that Pedro is staying in a hotel with Nicole and Father Chantel says something like maybe she isn’t his sister and “ we MIGHT have to hire AN investigator” 

But they already went to see an investigator and talked about all the concerns about Pedro including his sister not being his sister. If they had seen her before this big fight, then wouldn’t Father Chantel have said “we NEED to hire THAT investigator we saw and find out what’s going on”

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 1:19 PM, AussieBabe said:

Like his mother is clearly taking advantage. I can understand help or sending things they can't get access to, but paying the rent, too? I thought I remembered this. He sees nothing wrong with it or putting his mother/sister first. As a wife, this would be a problem, too. There would have to boundaries and limits. I'm wondering what his mother pays for in her household. She needs a husband or a man.

Except Chantel demanded Pedro  sign a prenup. What's hers is hers, and WHAT'S HIS IS HIS. And that's the way she wanted it.

On 7/17/2018 at 7:32 PM, Teri313 said:

I wonder if Pedro and Chantel are paying for Nicole's braces too.

Again, it's not their money. It's Pedro's.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, NoSpam said:

Except Chantel demanded Pedro  sign a prenup. What's hers is hers, and WHAT'S HIS IS HIS. And that's the way she wanted it.

Again, it's not their money. It's Pedro's.

Wasn’t one of the reasons for the prenup concern over the money he was sending to the DR?

He wasn’t sneaky about sending the money, she knew he sent it. It was only when her family thought it was not right that she got upset. If she had kept it between the two of them and come to an agreement as to the amount and frequency of what he sent, it would not have been such an issue. She lets her family get inside her head about the wrong things. Certainly she should confide in them about serious issues like violence or drug abuse. Newly weds always have issues, but they have to learn to solve their problems as a couple. Or the marriage is going to end.

• Love 6

This has been bugging me and I finally went back and got evuhdens. Unfortunately I can’t upload the screenshots because they’re too big.

Two years ago, when Chantel and Pedro first were on the show, he was 24 and she was 25.

One year ago, he was 25 and she was 26.

This year, he is 27 and she is 26.

Honest mistake? Fudging ages to conceal identity? Or TLC fraudin?

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, iwasish said:

Wasn’t one of the reasons for the prenup concern over the money he was sending to the DR?

He wasn’t sneaky about sending the money, she knew he sent it. It was only when her family thought it was not right that she got upset. If she had kept it between the two of them and come to an agreement as to the amount and frequency of what he sent, it would not have been such an issue. She lets her family get inside her head about the wrong things. Certainly she should confide in them about serious issues like violence or drug abuse. Newly weds always have issues, but they have to learn to solve their problems as a couple. Or the marriage is going to end.

No, he could not send money before they got married because he didn't have any.  Family Chantel insisted he sign one BEFORE the wedding - not after - so the amount he was sending wasn't an issue.  They were the ones who insisted that what was hers was hers - apparently they're just pissed he thought it should go both ways.

• Love 8
On 7/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, Teri313 said:

I think Pedro should just put his foot down and never associate with Family Chantel again. Or at least for a very long time.

Good idea but I don't think that that (or moving further away from her family) would fix anything. We have here another giant, spoiled baby who expects to completely dominate the man (and we can see where she got it--Hello Mother Chantel with the weird resemblance to Jada Pinkett Smith) and I'm sure that that goes over REAL well with a traditional Latin male.

Stick a fork in this thing, it's done. And for God's sake, Chantel, put on some clothing that doesn't exhibit most of "the girls" or is painted on. That is pathetic. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Good idea but I don't think that that (or moving further away from her family) would fix anything. We have here another giant, spoiled baby who expects to completely dominate the man (and we can see where she got it--Hello Mother Chantel with the weird resemblance to Jada Pinkett Smith) and I'm sure that that goes over REAL well with a traditional Latin male.

Stick a fork in this thing, it's done. And for God's sake, Chantel, put on some clothing that doesn't exhibit most of "the girls" or is painted on. That is pathetic. 

But it’s not Chantel who is dominating him. It’s her parents who dominate her and then instead of speaking her mind, she either parrots them or sets him up in a situation that allows her parents and siblings to poke and prod and insinuate that he’s up to no good, all while she sits there straddling fence, one foot in Pedros side, one in tune with Family Chantel. 

Her biggest defense of Pedro is that he’s a great husband, aside from never backing her against his family, that she doesn’t believe he has another family and that she’s  “sure” Nicole is definitely his sister. 

• Love 5

This couple amazes me staying together. I can’t figure them out.  Do they TALK at all between filming?  Because during the couch session, they discuss between them things that should technically should have been resolved months ago.  I always am surprised that they’re together, but equally surprised they seem to just not communicate in between.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

This couple amazes me staying together. I can’t figure them out.  Do they TALK at all between filming?  Because during the couch session, they discuss between them things that should technically should have been resolved months ago.  I always am surprised that they’re together, but equally surprised they seem to just not communicate in between.

Given Chantel's poor Spanish and Pedro's poor English . . . clear communication could definitely be an issue.

• Love 5
(edited)

So I'm watching "Pedro & Chantel: The Aftermath," which is basically all stuff we've already seen. BUT, I didn't notice the first time around...when they went to the DR for the wedding and they met Pedro's mother and sister at the airport, when the sister sees Pedro, she lets out this big squeal and runs to him and jumps in his arms and HE PUTS HIS HAND ON HER ASS FOR SEVERAL SECONDS, then moves it up to her back while he's hugging her. I just looked around and found a still of it. I've never been one to think that they are anything other than siblings, but this really took me by surprise.

5b5cd519b4266_PedroandSister.png.de3c82955826d3d6faf09c0c2e69213b.png

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 6

Given Chantel's poor Spanish and Pedro's poor English . . . clear communication could definitely be an issue.

They speak the language of Genitalia.

• Love 9
(edited)

I just realized that the blue dress Chantel wears in her THs is the exact same dress as the red one she wore to the Tell All. Both have the same boob displaying neckline and the striped cuffs. Can somebody find this dress online because I’m curious if she got a BOGO deal. 

I also just noticed in this picture, she reminds me of a drag queen. 

2049A3B8-76DE-4756-B1F1-56C6E738D0CC.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 4:43 PM, Teri313 said:

So I'm watching "Pedro & Chantel: The Aftermath," which is basically all stuff we've already seen. BUT, I didn't notice the first time around...when they went to the DR for the wedding and they met Pedro's mother and sister at the airport, when the sister sees Pedro, she lets out this big squeal and runs to him and jumps in his arms and HE PUTS HIS HAND ON HER ASS FOR SEVERAL SECONDS, then moves it up to her back while he's hugging her. I just looked around and found a still of it. I've never been one to think that they are anything other than siblings, but this really took me by surprise.

5b5cd519b4266_PedroandSister.png.de3c82955826d3d6faf09c0c2e69213b.png

That's bizarre and yucky.  What does it mean?  I dislike him and Chantel.  I have no idea why they are together.  The only thing I can think of is that Chantel derives some sort of sick pleasure from annoying and stressing her family.  They need to cut her off. She's as toxic as Pedro. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
6 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Yes. Yes, it is.

The dating scene in Sarasota for forty something women is very tough.  Lots of wealthy middle-aged men dating twentysomething yacht girl wannabes and tons of gigolo s.    

Chantel started it all by lying to her family when Pedro first came on the K1 visa. Pedro was so embarrassed that he claimed to not understand English when the family got too close in their questions. Her family was incredibly rude to Pedro’s family in the DR. Despite Chantel’s claims that she just wants the family to come together she sure stirs the shit.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, itsadryheat said:

I didn’t catch the N word, but I’m pretty sure he let the F word fly.