Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

Pedro was *wasted* at his little shindig. I'm amazed at how the participants will get totally hammered when they're being filmed. I would try to stay totally sober if I was on the show cos *boom* all of a sudden you're grinding with some family friend WHO HAD A CRUSH ON YOU ON CAMERA!!!

Pedro lost a lot of good will from me with his behavior while he was in the D.R. Its fine and understandable to want to decompress in your home country without having to entertain your spouse  (my husband has visited his home country (the States)  without me before) but cheating in any form is completely gross. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Pedro was *wasted* at his little shindig. I'm amazed at how the participants will get totally hammered when they're being filmed. I would try to stay totally sober if I was on the show cos *boom* all of a sudden you're grinding with some family friend WHO HAD A CRUSH ON YOU ON CAMERA!!!

Pedro lost a lot of good will from me with his behavior while he was in the D.R. Its fine and understandable to want to decompress in your home country without having to entertain your spouse  (my husband has visited his home country (the States)  without me before) but cheating in any form is completely gross. 

Cheating?? When did Pedro cheat? All I saw him do was dance. Perhaps a bit provocatively for middle America but it was still just dancing.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Cheating?? When did Pedro cheat? All I saw him do was dance. Perhaps a bit provocatively for middle America but it was still just dancing.

Totaly agree with you.

Moreover producer driven. I really don't believe she was his ex. 

Somehow, I started to like his sister, making me feel more that almost all of this is fake.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DutchbutnoJesse said:

Totaly agree with you.

Moreover producer driven. I really don't believe she was his ex. 

Somehow, I started to like his sister, making me feel more that almost all of this is fake.

I like her too. She is young, so I give her a bit of a pass for her bitchy girl behavior, but I see real love for her brother. Even if Pedro is harvesting the American dollar and sending her and her mom nice things from the US, I think she would rather have him in the DR with them and be happy, than in the US and miserable. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Pedro was anti- that type of dancing when Chantel did it during their first season. So, it isn't "just dancing" to him. If Chantal shouldn't/can't do it. He shouldn't either. He also stated he messed up and Chantal wouldn't be happy= (in my mind) he cheated. 

• Love 4

Pedro didn't cheat, but he fucked up.

Tried to play it cool for his friends' amusement, and disregarded how his wife would feel about it.  

big-mistake-pretty-woman.gif 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

I like her too. She is young, so I give her a bit of a pass for her bitchy girl behavior, but I see real love for her brother. Even if Pedro is harvesting the American dollar and sending her and her mom nice things from the US, I think she would rather have him in the DR with them and be happy, than in the US and miserable. 

I doubt that.   She likes the good life her brother affords her working in the US.  And wouldn’t be surprised if her end game is immigrating to the US to harvest the American model and become a celebrity.   

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the plan was always that Pedro would go to the US. Maybe he was even looking for someone to marry.  I'll never believe that they met through a friend b/c she was looking for a tutor in Spanish.  I totally believe that they were both on some sort of dating app.  Because he met Chantel and I think truly loved her when it all started, he just got to come sooner than expected.  I totally think that his sister and mother are opportunists and are giddy with delight that Pedro sends them money, but if CeAir and her family are causing him too much pain then the timeline would work out to cut them loose and Pedro get his permanent green card and divorce her.  Chantels fears of "OH NOES , I"ll have to provide for him b/c he doesn't know hard work" are stupid.  Pepi has been like working 2 jobs to make enough to provide for her and his family and have a sweet gaming system since he's been able to work here.  Chantel's problem isn't that he isn't working and making money for them; it's that he's sending some back home.  Her complaint was that they didn't have a bigger apt.  I think he's making sure the bills are paid and he can send money home.  That said , they need to discuss finances since it doesn't seem like they have in the 3 years they have been married and why they need counseling.  Chantel will presumably get a nursing job and make more money.  Pedro had planned to go to school and then he will presumably make more money.  Then they can get a house or whatever.  When you marry young and are still in school..... they have to understand that you have to live simply and then you get a payoff when you get better jobs.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

making

I think the plan was always that Pedro would go to the US. Maybe he was even looking for someone to marry.  I'll never believe that they met through a friend b/c she was looking for a tutor in Spanish.  I totally believe that they were both on some sort of dating app.  Because he met Chantel and I think truly loved her when it all started, he just got to come sooner than expected.  I totally think that his sister and mother are opportunists and are giddy with delight that Pedro sends them money, but if CeAir and her family are causing him too much pain then the timeline would work out to cut them loose and Pedro get his permanent green card and divorce her.  Chantels fears of "OH NOES , I"ll have to provide for him b/c he doesn't know hard work" are stupid.  Pepi has been like working 2 jobs to make enough to provide for her and his family and have a sweet gaming system since he's been able to work here.  Chantel's problem isn't that he isn't working and making money for them; it's that he's sending some back home.  Her complaint was that they didn't have a bigger apt.  I think he's making sure the bills are paid and he can send money home.  That said , they need to discuss finances since it doesn't seem like they have in the 3 years they have been married and why they need counseling.  Chantel will presumably get a nursing job and make more money.  Pedro had planned to go to school and then he will presumably make more money.  Then they can get a house or whatever.  When you marry young and are still in school..... they have to understand that you have to live simply and then you get a payoff when you get better jobs.

I don’t see any appreciation from Chantel for the fact that he DOES work two jobs and seems to do quite a bit around the house.

He could be like Andrei, or David and not work, or be a party boy, or on the internet chatting with girls etc. The big issue is that her parents have decided that he used her and like a dog with a bone, they won’t let that idea go. And Chantel is too wishy washy in his defense. If he can’t get along with her folks then either she visits her family without him or they cut ties with them. But if she visits she has to set boundaries, there is to be no discussion of Pedro or his family, from her parents or from her siblings. And she needs to stop dropping comments about him to them that she knows will set them off. 

• Love 10
On 5/21/2019 at 3:31 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

The way Anfisa and Chantel sit in their talking heads is so disturbing. I don't think their boobs are as big as they look. It's bras and outfits and camera angles. I think I'd never be chosen to be on 90 Day Fiance as I got contort my boobs like that. 

Ashley too, she loves to push her boobs into the camera. I remember during the Tell All last time, she spent most of her camera time looking down at her boobs and moving her hair around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Ashley too, she loves to push her boobs into the camera. I remember during the Tell All last time, she spent most of her camera time looking down at her boobs and moving her hair around.

I agree. Trashley made it a point to have her cleavage front and center (same as Chantel). I feel bad for their families because what family member wants to watch this shit storm and see their own family member's huge fake boobs poking out into the camera? Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel more confident, sure, but when it comes to the entire nation viewing you....why?

• Love 4
(edited)

Apparently the family Chantel has another kid named Royal and he married a girl on a K-1 visa from the Philipines , so I don't know what their problem is with CeAir and Pepi.  I wonder if she is harvesting the American dollar also.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Apparently the family Chantel has another kid named Royal and he married a girl on a K-1 visa from the Philipines , so I don't know what their problem is with CeAir and Pepi.  I wonder if she is harvesting the American dollar also.

I think the only problem Chantel’s family has is that they are fame whores and will do anything to be on the show.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Why didn't they just name him "I'm better than everyone else?"

LOL, with a name like royal, I don't assume he is better than anyone.  I assume his mom was drunk when she named him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

mami Chantel  probably writes scripts for them before the season and they all play their parts.  Except , I don't think Pedro is that good of an actor.

He’s the only one without a script, that’s why he can’t ever win. 

• Love 7

LOL, with a name like royal, I don't assume he is better than anyone.  I assume his mom was drunk when she named him.

I assume that his parents wanted everyone to think he was better than everyone else - I didn't say it worked.

And ugh - Chantal "dancing" in her pink latex dress. She does that "girl-in-a-tight-dress" dance that I hate - where all she can do is bob up and down by bending her knees slightly. Sexy...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I don't see how Chantal is working hard on her marriage right now.  She went to the DR, after being specifically asked not to.  Okay.  Now she shows up and she immediately starts in on Pedro and doesn't want to see his mother.  I understand why, but you can't come all the way to the DR, to chase after pedro...who came to visit his family...and not see his mom at all.

And, from the previews she is going to end up arguing with Pedro's mom.  Maybe she should have just hung out in Atlanta until he came back because I don't see how this is going to help at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

She is behaving so profoundly stupidly I cannot even. A middle schooler knows that you do not win a guy over by being difficult and demanding. Why is she doing this? She doesn't even want him, she acts like he's a supreme burden to her life. Cut him loose, Chantel, and move back in with your parents. They're the only people you care about.

• Love 4

I can't with Pedro's mom and the the white foundation on her face, and the orange hair and strange outfit.  Does his mom work?  Does his sister work, or do they just sit around and wait for Pedro to send those American dollar bills?

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I can't with Pedro's mom and the the white foundation on her face, and the orange hair and strange outfit.  Does his mom work?  Does his sister work, or do they just sit around and wait for Pedro to send those American dollar bills?

I remember a scene early in their first season where the sister essentially said Pedro was financially responsible for both the mom and sister.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

His mom is an immigration attorney.  The outfit was giving me vibes of mariachi, but maybe that like court attire in the DR.  It's no worse than other 90 DF lawyers.

• Love 4

I don't really even get this story re the problems Pedro & Chantal are having with their marriage. I am guessing it's all just a scripted build up to their new TLC spinoff show The Family Chantel which is supposed to start in July. I personally don't enjoy watching anything to do either of their extended families so can't imagine tuning in.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, endure said:

I don't really even get this story re the problems Pedro & Chantal are having with their marriage. I am guessing it's all just a scripted build up to their new TLC spinoff show The Family Chantel which is supposed to start in July. I personally don't enjoy watching anything to do either of their extended families so can't imagine tuning in.

Agree with you there. There is NO WAY I would watch that. I FF thru most of their stuff as it is.

• Love 3

I hope The Family Chantel bombs spectacularly. The only reason I get any thrill out of it being created is because it has to piss Pao off majorly. She will probably be a fine mother, and not just on a scale of Nicole to anyone who would not appear on the show, but I think she got pregnant to get another season on this show. I really don't think she ever wanted children and actually remember her saying something about that in the very beginning. 

• Love 6
On 6/4/2019 at 2:35 AM, RealReality said:

His mom is an immigration attorney.  The outfit was giving me vibes of mariachi, but maybe that like court attire in the DR.  It's no worse than other 90 DF lawyers.

I remember her being a lawyer of some sort, and she's constantly being accused of running K-1 scams, if I recall.  But damned if I didn't think she'd just gotten off her shift at the DR version of the Olive Garden. 

On 6/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, happy hobo said:

Agree with you there. There is NO WAY I would watch that. I FF thru most of their stuff as it is.

I don't think I could watch it on mute and reading closed captions, which is saying a lot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

So CeAir seems to be "studying abroad" in Ecuador according to her IG.   I really believe their storyline is complete bs.

I've seen the name "CeAir" on here several times but I cannot place it. Who is it? I just know I am going feel like a dumb ass when I get an answer, lol.

8 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I've seen the name "CeAir" on here several times but I cannot place it. Who is it? I just know I am going feel like a dumb ass when I get an answer, lol.

It's Chantel's real name.  Supposedly Chantel is her middle name.  This family has a penchant for using fake names and houses so no one finds out it's really them.  They are afraid someone will harvest them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

So CeAir seems to be "studying abroad" in Ecuador according to her IG.   I really believe their storyline is complete bs.

So does she just wear scrubs for fun or is this some sort of international nursing fellowship?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

Wow.  Wonder why.  What did she do with Pedro?  Leave him in the DR with Chlamydia or whatever her name is?  Surprised her parents let her go after she came home with a surprise on her other vacations.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Pedro is still in Atlanta and they are still married I guess.  He was commenting about his mother in law (present tense ) a few weeks ago.He's been taking a lot of gym selfies while she's in Ecuador.

• Love 3

Wasn't one of Almanzo Wilder's brothers named Royal? His older brother? And who could forget his youngest brother, Pearly Day!

Mother Chantel probably thinks her kids' names come off as creative and interesting, or "money names" but I think they just make her look like a pretentious dummy. Or a bumpkin, as I'm sure the Wilder parents were.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2019 at 12:52 PM, Kroliosis said:

I saw her doing some apparent rapping.  Guessing she’s working with brother River on his career.  It appears that she has selective lockjaw also. She got her mouth open pretty wide to get into it with Mother Pedro and she raps with it all open... 

• LOL 3
48 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

Wasn't one of Almanzo Wilder's brothers named Royal? His older brother? And who could forget his youngest brother, Pearly Day!

Mother Chantel probably thinks her kids' names come off as creative and interesting, or "money names" but I think they just make her look like a pretentious dummy. Or a bumpkin, as I'm sure the Wilder parents were.

Father Chantel seems so meat and potatoes.   He doesn’t talk a lot, doesn’t dress like a pimp, doesn’t seem completely insane like his other half.  Hard to picture Mother Chantel convincing him that Royal, Winter, CeAir and River is the way to go re naming the offspring.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

Father Chantel seems so meat and potatoes.   He doesn’t talk a lot, doesn’t dress like a pimp, doesn’t seem completely insane like his other half.  Hard to picture Mother Chantel convincing him that Royal, Winter, CeAir and River is the way to go re naming the offspring.  

I find him to be spineless and not too bright. He rarely opens his mouth except to parrot something Mother Chantel says.  Anyone with some sense would have shut her down and put River and Winter in check also.

Perhaps taking Pedro out for dinner and drinks, father in law to son in law,  they may have come to some meeting of the minds and stopped a lot of this shit already. 

I doubt my father would sit silent while my mother pulls a stun gun out and talks about using it at the next dinner party. 

• Love 6

I think his nose is as high in the air as Mama Chantal's; he's just quieter about it. They both strike me as the type to use a lot of big words inappropriately in an attempt to appear smarter than they are.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Chantel and Pedro have started a business/company together so I guess they are still married.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By5RW7FnbuX7zLZMmquMiFItAY1WKWZqysPiWw0/

I saw that and wasn't sure what to make of it.  TBF, I scanned the story, so I wasn't sure if the two of them formed the LLC together, or if one of them formed the LLC using both of their names.

I'm not sure about the strictures of an LLC, but I wonder if it would be a way for the production company to pay Lidia and Nicole for their appearances.  

I'd heard somewhere at some point that the foreign participants on this show had problems getting paid.  Not sure if that true at all.

Either way, I sure as hell hope thats not some LLC to sell merchandise, like "things are about to get a whole lot stupider" tee shirts or a line of stun guns or something.  Because just LOL @ that.

• Love 3

When the foreign spouses first immigrate to the US they are unable to legally earn income, so the American spouse is the only one paid. It has been disclosed from participants that it is $1000 per episode. When the foreigner is filmed in their home country, like on Before the 90 Days, both parties are paid $500 per episode because the restrictions don't apply.

There have still been comments that there have been problems with the foreigners receiving their money, though. Pole claimed that Karinne asked that her portion be deposited in Pole's account because more than half of her money was being taken in taxes and fees. Absolutely no one believed Karine wanted Pole to collect her money, but someone asked her on one of her FB accounts and she confirmed that the government was taking so much of her money that they asked if it could be deposited in his account in the US but were told it wasn't possible because it would violate some tax laws in Brazil. Another participant also said that he or she had to pay an estimated tax on the funds equal to almost half, but I can't remember who it was. I really want to say Jesse, but it's probably because he liked to interject himself into everything. 

• Love 1

I came here to see if anyone posted something I saw days ago about The Family Chantel being delayed without a new date disclosed, but instead posted about how the participants are paid, then got sucked into the new episode of Archer and completely forgot why I was here in the first place.

My first impression of the link was that it was clickbait and not legitimate and since no one has mentioned it and I read it several days ago, I'm sticking with clickbait. I can't remember where I saw it, either. It was a link on a different article on one of the tabloidish sites that someone sent me. Anyway, since I didn't read the clickbait I don't know the supposed reason but I'm 99% sure whatever it was is just another way to screw with @Drogo. 

"You think you've cleaned up the 90 Day Fiance forums? Take this!! Bwhahahaha." - Sincerely, The Spirits of 90 Day Fiance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2