Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Making Waves

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, swishandflick said:

It seems like these dumbos don't know how to apply for a passport even if they qualified for one. Remember Jeremy being terrified of the girlses going out of the country? Their worlds are so small I'm surprised they even could summon up the bravery to make it to Puerto Rico on a trip MTV planned for them.

I can just imagine the producers explaining to them that Puerto Rico is a US territory.

I will say that I think Taylor has some semblance of cultural curiosity  as exhibited by him wearing a guayabera in that one scene.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Matt and Amber can only travel within the U.S. He owes outstanding child support and Amber owes the IRS. If you owe, you can't go. 

Does this count if you are currently making payments? My husband made some dumb mistakes in his youth, before I knew him, and he pays criminal restitution through his home state's department of the IRS. He's been paying it as long as I've been with him, and we'll finally have it knocked out in a few years, but he does "owe". Yet he was able to get a passport and go to Spain and Portugal about 8 years ago. So I'm really not sure how that works. 

8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Gary clears up Puerto Rico/ Mexico, lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsGaryTime/status/869399634288005120?p=v

LOL, He knows it NOW. I like Gary, but let's be real. He hadn't a clue.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Does this count if you are currently making payments? My husband made some dumb mistakes in his youth, before I knew him, and he pays criminal restitution through his home state's department of the IRS. He's been paying it as long as I've been with him, and we'll finally have it knocked out in a few years, but he does "owe". Yet he was able to get a passport and go to Spain and Portugal about 8 years ago. So I'm really not sure how that works. 

According to the IRS website, it has to be more than 50K and they don't include tax debts that are  "Being paid in a timely manner under  an installment agreement entered into with the IRS". So if your husband has been paying on his debt through an agreement, they don't consider that amount when determining passport status. 

I'm assuming that Amber has made zero attempt to right things with the IRS and with CS it's even worse. If you owe more than $2500, you passport application will be denied. I'm guessing the low amount is to keep people from leaving the country to avoid paying CS. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 4

Just to add to the possibilities

"Probation or Felony issues may also cause a passport application to be denied. If you are on probation, owe more than $1500 in child support payments, are wanted on an arrest warrant, are currently summoned to appear in court, are currently in jail, or have serious felony issues, your passport may be denied."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Just to add to the possibilities

"Probation or Felony issues may also cause a passport application to be denied. If you are on probation, owe more than $1500 in child support payments, are wanted on an arrest warrant, are currently summoned to appear in court, are currently in jail, or have serious felony issues, your passport may be denied."

Uh, oh, more bad news for Amber. She is seriously fucked up, isn't she? She has an MTV gig that pays her more than she could have ever dreamt, yet she had managed to throw all her money away and is left with a massive debt, back CS due, a criminal record, ongoing addiction issues, lawsuits for non-payment, on top of which she has hooked up with a loser with a shady past who will take everything she has. No pity from me.

• Love 9

OK, so I know we're not dealing with a bunch of geniuses here, but can any of these yahoos apply sunscreen? Cate and Matt's burns looked painful, and if I liked them even one iota, I would have felt bad for them. And none of the people on this trip are really aging that well, so they'd be smart to protect their skin.

I cant believe that Tyler and Cate left poor little Nova with #FreeButch. I'm glad we didn't have to watch them scrape along trying to get through the week, but I also wish a camera crew would have been there so an actual adult could have been in charge.

The rampant cultural ignorance in this episode also really grated on my nerves. I hope someone told Leah where PR actually is, right before they treated her to a trip to Philadelphia. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, RockClimb said:

A lot of states are now not letting you renew your driver's license if you have outstanding child support. I'd love to see Matt hit with that!

He wouldn't care, he'd just let Amber drive him around. But not in the Corvette in the winter, of course. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Gee I wonder why cameras didn't film Nova and Butch while Cate and Tyler were away. How long was the trip? I wouldn't leave him with her to go check my mail box.

I figured that the trip wasn't orginally Puerto Rico and was perhaps Mexico. Amber probably told them she was going to Mexico at first. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Birdee said:

The rampant cultural ignorance in this episode also really grated on my nerves. I hope someone told Leah where PR actually is, right before they treated her to a trip to Philadelphia. 

And they all have giant phones. Google it! There's really no excuse.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I thought she had  surgical body sculpting. 

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Not to be mean, but you would think she'd look more umm sculpted (shrugs). 

• Love 10

Gary said:

Just so everyone knows we know Puerto Rico is not apart of Mexico. Very seperate.

I'd argue that Puerto Rico is "apart" of Mexico.  So he's still wrong.

1 hour ago, jennyf said:

Speaking of Catelynn and Tyler leaving Nova with Butch, it's like they showed her writing out those instructions as if she actually cares for Nova most of the time. I really don't understand "trying" to keep a 2 year old up until 9pm. Unless you want her to sleep in so you can, which doesn't even work with most toddlers whose natural circadian rhythms have them asleep early at night and awake early in the morning.

I'd love to see you explain circadian rhythms to a 25 year old who uses a circle to dot her "i"s.

• Love 18

Why haven't we seen April at all this season--or am I missing something? I hope she hasn't had any relapses. I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were leaving Nova with Butch. Maybe that was just for show so we'd think he's getting his act together.

What drug is Farrah on and can I have some? She was almost pleasant!

• Love 10

I know Kim works(why am I even including her because I really believe she doesn't care for Nova)and I don't know if Tyler's sister works but they couldn't watch Nova. Tyler and Catelynn don't have any trusted friends they could leave her with instead of Booger Sugar Baltierra?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

LOL, He knows it NOW. I like Gary, but let's be real. He hadn't a clue.

You can leave the country if you are making payments to the IRS. I am on a payment plan and they did not take my license or passport. The IRS is actually easy to work with.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Soobs said:

And they all have giant phones. Google it! There's really no excuse.

Yes! It boggles the mind, y'all. I Google EVERYTHING because 1) I like to learn stuff and 2) I don't like to look like an idiot. But if it can't be learned from Insta followers it doesn't count, right?

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Gee I wonder why cameras didn't film Nova and Butch while Cate and Tyler were away. How long was the trip? I wouldn't leave him with her to go check my mail box.

"we know Puerto Rico is not apart of Mexico..." Okay. But if you are going to try and convince us know you are smart, at least know the difference between "apart" and "a part". 

2 hours ago, jennyf said:

Speaking of Catelynn and Tyler leaving Nova with Butch, it's like they showed her writing out those instructions as if she actually cares for Nova most of the time. 

Catelynn spelled out the brand of toddler diapers nonCarly uses: Huggies Crusiers. Yes, she misspelled "cruisers".

I gotta admit, when Cate was writing out "nap time at 1:00 p.m." I truly thought she was writing out her itinerary for Puerto Rico. 

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I figured that the trip wasn't orginally Puerto Rico and was perhaps Mexico. Amber probably told them she was going to Mexico at first. 

Amber is stupid. She probably thought Mexico when trying to remember where it was she was going when she told Gary about going on vacation. 

@ghoulina Amber can't bother making any payments to the IRS. If she was making regular payments, she could get a passport. 

ETA: I see @mamadrama already answered. :)

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I gotta admit, when Cate was writing out "nap time at 1:00 p.m." I truly thought she was writing out her itinerary for Puerto Rico. 

Me too! I was expecting the next line to read: "quesadilla-the-size-of-my-head lunch at 1:30."

• Love 13

I thought Amber looked the best out of all the girls.  At least she tried to look nice.  I can tell by the way she carries herself, she does want to be classy, but she will have to get rid of Assy first.  

At dinner for Cate's bday, They cheered to the good dads.  Ha, only Taylor is the good dad in that group.  IMO. 

The girls walking away crying seems to me that they just wanted the attention on them.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I see it. 

Butch watching Nova?!!!! Whaaat??

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, poopchute said:

It was a Mommy Makeover 7 years after having a baby.

For those who aren't sure what the "Mommy Makeover" package entails:

- Abdominoplasty

- Breast lift/implants (includes reshaping of nipples)

- Liposuction

- Thigh lift

- "Brazilian Butt Lift"

Optional: Labiaplasty

• Love 3

The both end in the same sound? It sounded like he was sing-songing the names of the countries so maybe he thought they just sounded good together? Or more likely, he's not too swift with  geography and Puerto Rico sounds "Mexican" to him. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jennyf said:

Speaking of Catelynn and Tyler leaving Nova with Butch, it's like they showed her writing out those instructions as if she actually cares for Nova most of the time. I really don't understand "trying" to keep a 2 year old up until 9pm. Unless you want her to sleep in so you can, which doesn't even work with most toddlers whose natural circadian rhythms have them asleep early at night and awake early in the morning. My 3 year old goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 6:30/7. If she goes to bed later, she still gets up at the same time, just crankier. 

I was appalled to see that!  I cannot believe she keeps her up that late.  You are so right, all you get is a cranky kid who doesn't listen.  People need to know that sleep begets sleep for kids!  When my kids are well-rested, they are so good.  If they go to bed late, it is like they are different kids.  

29 minutes ago, Kimitria said:

I thought Amber looked the best out of all the girls.  At least she tried to look nice.  I can tell by the way she carries herself, she does want to be classy, but she will have to get rid of Assy first.  

Oh she tries to be classy, she really wishes she is, but she is not.  She never will be.  She's trash to her core.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, poopchute said:

That doesn't really clear up the Puerto Rico/Mexico thing though. What is the explanation for saying it, if he knows it's not in Mexico? I'm still confused.

Just rewatched the scene. Leah said "What do you mean, what is a Puerto Rico?" She obviously didn't know it was a place or a country. Gary responded it is a place to go like Mexico. Gary then ended it by saying Puerto Rico is a country like Mexico. Just like if he was saying Antarctica is a continent like North America. I am assuming Leah already knew about Mexico being a country which is why Gary used that as a reference. 

• Love 11

I also wonder if MTV likes to keep their trips in US territories because they would have to deal with foreign governments for filming in public. And PR is relatively cheap to fly to. Compared with other islands that is. 

• Love 7

I was just able to watch this messpisode. These people are so ignorant, they are the definition of the ugly American stereotype. 

Really Catelyn!? You love Spanish food and wish you were born Spanish? So you like Tapas, Croquetas, Paella, etc..? You want to be of Iberian descent? Nowhere near Latin America or Puerto Rico? In Europe where your origins likely are!? Hmmm ok dummy, keep on trying to sound like you're "down" with the the people.

I love how they were all trying to one up each other with how hard their childhoods were, and how hard their parents worked. Yeah assholes, that's probably more than half the American population. 

What a sad little group they are, nobody even mentioned going out to see the town, to immerse themselves in the beautiful culture. No, they sat around crying and bitching about their lives, just like home but sans the couches. 

Maci will never not look like a lot lizard.

Catelyn looks how she probably smells; shitty!

Amber dresses like a Nana on her yearly turnaround bus trip to Laughlin, Nv. 

Farrah was surprising normal and somewhat likeable for Farrah. 

Tl;dr- These people all suck, yet I'm still watching! 

• Love 23
22 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Catelynn, the correct term you're looking for is Latino; Spanish is a language. Also, way to go with generalizing Latino culture and of course you're generilizations are related to food.

So many shitty tattoos on such a small group of people!

Why do I feel like they went to PR  because none of them have passports?

Finally, a confirmation that Ryan is an addict. I know Maci can be an PITA, but I did feel for her in that moment of crying because imagine having to explain  to your child that their father OD'D on drugs. 

Too bad they still thought they were going to a different country ? I think Tyler mentioned it. 

I totally agree re Maci. She's in a shitty position with Ryan clearly being on drugs and Mackenzie and Jenn (and Larry, to a lesser extent) just burying their heads in the sand about it. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

For those who aren't sure what the "Mommy Makeover" package entails:

- Abdominoplasty

- Breast lift/implants (includes reshaping of nipples)

- Liposuction

- Thigh lift

- "Brazilian Butt Lift"

Optional: Labiaplasty

Okay, I totally want one of these.  

ETA: But not the last one. Mine is cute the way it is.

What? TMI? ?

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My husband broke a bowl today. He blamed Jeff.

Good to know this show is good for something.

Ha! Poor Jeff is responsible for so much discord across the US. Like a little Loki. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Just rewatched the scene. Leah said "What do you mean, what is a Puerto Rico?" She obviously didn't know it was a place or a country. Gary responded it is a place to go like Mexico. Gary then ended it by saying Puerto Rico is a country like Mexico. Just like if he was saying Antarctica is a continent like North America. I am assuming Leah already knew about Mexico being a country which is why Gary used that as a reference. 

That was my takeaway from the scene, too.

The Maci/Ryan conversation was started by Amber. Maci, Amber and Cate were sitting at a table talking and Amber says something about knowing how Ryan was feeling or recognizing what he was going through. Maci's response doesn't actually mention drugs for a minute or two into the conversation, but it was clear that was what they were discussing. Maci says she thinks his parents and girlfriend don't want to acknowledge it but thinks "Ryan would go," which sounded like that had been discussing rehab, but we weren't privy to that part of the conversation.

Last week, I think, Maci is shown looking at her phone then telling Taylor that someone is telling her Ryan's issues are worse than she knew, but doesn't want to talk about it on camera, even though she was talking about it on camera and could have waited until they were in bed, alone, later without cameras, or with cameras but not being filmed for an internationally aired program, but she didn't. She then follows up the statement by saying to Kerthy(?) that if she talked about it people would think drugs. Maci is underhanded like that so she very well may have started the conversation in Puerto Rico, Mexico, but from what we were shown, Amber brought it up to her and she was trying to not say drugs.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, I totally want one of these.  

ETA: But not the last one. Mine is cute the way it is.

What? TMI? ?

Sorry if this is a long post but I had a mommy makeover in November, right around the time that Amber had hers. I followed her instagram to watch her progress along with mine and there were several differences. As far as I know, any combination of surgeries designed to reverse the damage done by having a baby can be called a mommy makeover, and honestly, I think that was just a nice term cooked up by plastic surgeons to make the procedure sound a little more warm and fuzzy. A tummy tuck is removal of excess skin, while an abdominoplasty also tightens the muscles that get blown out during pregnancy. Many people opt out of the muscle tightening because it is excruciatingly painful and recovery takes several months. Watching Amber hippo charge farrah at the aftershow, it became very obvious that she could not possibly have had muscle tightening. I doubt she even had the skin removed. Judging by the after pics, I would bet money she had no more than liposuction of the belly and arms, along with a boob job. Her breasts were still so new on that aftershow, they hadn't even dropped yet. My breasts dropped after a few weeks but it was at least 6 weeks before I could even stand fully upright from the abdominoplasty. I still cant lean up against a counter without feeling the pain of my muscle tightening. I went to several consultations before choosing my doctor, and not one of them would perform more than 3 procedures in one surgery. As it was, I was under for more than 5 hours and had a surgeon on either side of me to make it go faster. There's just no way amber had all that done without mass amounts of pain killers.  And I consider myself a pretty tough cookie. I worked until the day I delivered my child and was up cleaning my hospital room the day after my c section because I knew I'd have visitors. They took all the skin from my belly button to my vag, and then they pulled my vag up and made me a new belly button. I have a scar that starts above my butt cheek, goes all the way across the front of me, and then back over the other cheek. Its almost completely around my midsection. It was a maaaajor fucking body transformation and with my awesome support system and limitless supply of legal medical marijuana, it still kicked my ass for several months.

Having said that, I would do it again in a second, because i look awesome. AWESOME, you guys! If you saw my before and after, you would agree it was worth all the pain and money. Nobody has ever said that about whatever the hell Amber did to herself. And I would give anything to see that belly tattoo of little Leah Leann. Talk about a booboo.

• Love 24
(edited)

Just some random thoughts...

I felt honestly happy to see Maci making a nice, healthy home-cooked meal for her family. I'm so used to seeing take-out bags and containers on this show, so that was nice.

Both Catelynn and Amber had emotional moments where they had to step away to compose themselves, and neither Tyler nor Matt went after them or made any attempts to comfort them. 

I rolled my eyes when Amber was talking about her relationship with Gary, and how after 7 years she still didn't really know him and how she has trust issues with Matt because of him. Girl, please. First of all, you rightly have trust issues with Matt because he has lied to you more times than can be counted about some pretty major things. And he's cheated on you multiple times. Gary's no saint, but you're the one who was in jail for beating on him. You physically and emotionally berated that man constantly, while he tolerated it better than a lot of people would have. But sure, blame him for your trust issues with Matt so you can continue rationalizing why you are with this conman. 

For all her faults, Farrah has drive. Whether or not her businesses will succeed is yet to be determined, but she is truly putting her all into them and trying to make things happen. Amber and Cate/Ty have been talking for YEARS about wanting to start these various facilities, but have not made a single step towards actually making it happen. They aren't taking courses, networking, volunteering, looking for related job opportunities, etc. Nothing but talk. They truly have no idea how much work goes into things. Have any of them had an actual job? Genuinely wondering... 

Edited by JZone
  • Love 11

I love Spanish food in Puerto Rico. Love it. Totes the same as Spanish food in you know, Spain. Because of course, they have the same traditionally available fruits and vegetables and livestock in both places. 

Also, did anyone else catch that the "screen" door didn't have a screen in it? Mamber destroyed that damn house. I would be SO PISSED.

Caelynn should totally be Puerto Rican.  Or Spanish.  Or whichever.  I remember in Barcelona the clothes were teeny tiny.  Spanish women are so fucking slender it is infuriating.  And the Spanish men are so handsome and do not appear to understand North American Spanish at all.  Mmmm.  An they're so friendly.  oh...wait...I got distracted.

Anyway, I've never been to Puerto Rico, but I'm sure there are lots of Spanish men there because they all speak Spanish.

And why wouldn't they buy local beer? WTF.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, butterbody said:

Sorry if this is a long post but I had a mommy makeover in November, right around the time that Amber had hers. I followed her instagram to watch her progress along with mine and there were several differences. As far as I know, any combination of surgeries designed to reverse the damage done by having a baby can be called a mommy makeover, and honestly, I think that was just a nice term cooked up by plastic surgeons to make the procedure sound a little more warm and fuzzy. A tummy tuck is removal of excess skin, while an abdominoplasty also tightens the muscles that get blown out during pregnancy. Many people opt out of the muscle tightening because it is excruciatingly painful and recovery takes several months. Watching Amber hippo charge farrah at the aftershow, it became very obvious that she could not possibly have had muscle tightening. I doubt she even had the skin removed. Judging by the after pics, I would bet money she had no more than liposuction of the belly and arms, along with a boob job. Her breasts were still so new on that aftershow, they hadn't even dropped yet. My breasts dropped after a few weeks but it was at least 6 weeks before I could even stand fully upright from the abdominoplasty. I still cant lean up against a counter without feeling the pain of my muscle tightening. I went to several consultations before choosing my doctor, and not one of them would perform more than 3 procedures in one surgery. As it was, I was under for more than 5 hours and had a surgeon on either side of me to make it go faster. There's just no way amber had all that done without mass amounts of pain killers.  And I consider myself a pretty tough cookie. I worked until the day I delivered my child and was up cleaning my hospital room the day after my c section because I knew I'd have visitors. They took all the skin from my belly button to my vag, and then they pulled my vag up and made me a new belly button. I have a scar that starts above my butt cheek, goes all the way across the front of me, and then back over the other cheek. Its almost completely around my midsection. It was a maaaajor fucking body transformation and with my awesome support system and limitless supply of legal medical marijuana, it still kicked my ass for several months.

Having said that, I would do it again in a second, because i look awesome. AWESOME, you guys! If you saw my before and after, you would agree it was worth all the pain and money. Nobody has ever said that about whatever the hell Amber did to herself. And I would give anything to see that belly tattoo of little Leah Leann. Talk about a booboo.

I would love to see your before and after! I bet you look AMAZING! I wish I could get a mommy makeover, but I'm too scared to go under. I agree with you about what Amber had (and didn't have) done. I seriously can't tell a difference. What a waste of money, but this is Amber we're talking about, she blows money like it's going out of style. 

• Love 8

Both Catelynn and Amber had emotional moments where they had to step away to compose themselves, and neither Tyler nor Matt went after them or made any attempts to comfort them. 

I think Tyler is beyond sick of Cate and her depressive moments. When he has a depressive moment, Cate shuts him down and calls him a prick or whatever name she used, and pretty much laughs at him. I am so over Cate and her meltdowns. She has the means to get herself professional help, if that is truly what she needs. I think Cate plays it up just like Amber. It gives them victimhood status so they can lord it over people when they need to.

As for Matt, he already said he is so over Amber's psycho ass. Guess what? I was over her psycho ass long ago. Both her and Cate can walk away. Far, far away.

For all her faults, Farrah has drive. Whether or not her businesses will succeed is yet to be determined, but she is truly putting her all into them and trying to make things happen.

That is the key - having the drive and working to make things happen. Even if Farrah fails in one or more of her businesses, at least she tried. 

• Love 12

I forgot to mention I also liked Farrah on the aftershow. Nessa was trying hard to make her feel bad for the others not including her on the birthday trip and Farrah kept shutting it down, and not in a way where it seems like she's putting on a front. I honestly don't think she cares one way or the other if Maci, Catelynn and Amber don't like her.  

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/29/2017 at 11:52 PM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Cate: I should have been born Spanish....

The word you're looking for is Hispanic. 

She should've just said she loves 7(0) point quesadillas. 

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, JZone said:

Ha! Stepping away to compose themselves is what normal people do but these people run away crying for more attention, I think. I don't think for one second any of these fools think, okay I am getting emotional, let me walk away and take a breath and come back when I can act like an adult. They just have zero coping skills so they always just flee the scene like lunatics.

• Love 7

I kind of wonder if Maci was asked to keep the Ryan/drugs think under wraps and now she's tired that no one is trying to help him so maybe by her actually putting it out there on the tv show his parents and MacKenzie will have to wisen up and get him some help.

Cause she really is in a tough place with it all.  He's Bentley's dad so she does have to care for his well being to a point but she was probably trying to not cross any boundaries and now after learning some information (that we have not been told) she's probably like eff it, i will air this dirty laundry in hopes that something can be done.  I really do hope she tries to get him help with or without his parens.  But I think his parents and MacKenzie really need to be on board or he won't do it.  I think she's right in that he will do it.. but if he's got anyone telling him he doesn't need it...(like his dad) then he won't.

And Amber had to have been wearing some sort of corset under that dress right?? I think the one before they got on the kayaks. She was looking awfully hourglass-y. 

• Love 2

Before I get into the regular show, I need to talk about the after show with Farrah's dating game.  My favorite color is blue, and I really liked the shade of her dress.  I thought the after show was live, but I guess not because at the end it showed Farrah and Guy #2 together at a salon.

I could do without having to see sunburned Matt.  As if he isn't gross enough under normal circumstances.

I was so wow at Maci's delusions of grandeur over her "say so" about Ryan's problems.  That's just weird to me how involved she thinks she is with him, and the reality of how removed he is from her.    The way she was rattling on about how she is the only person who can save him.  What??? lol   Then she was rehashing it all with Taylor.   Her yammering wasn't from a view point of he could be putting Bentley in danger.  It was from a view point of how it concerns *her*.

I loved when Amber was crying about her mom working multiple horrible jobs just to make ends meet and Tyler interjected with "Yeah!  My mom worked at a mortgage company!"   These people all have a total lack of self-awareness.   A university psych dept should conduct a study on this whole group (including and especially Farrah and her family).

Loved hearing that Farrah wants to reel in a "Forbes 500" catch. lol 

• Love 8