Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Making Waves

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Wow, thanks for posting, I wouldn't have known where to begin trying to find the illusive Jeff... again had he not been on the special, I would wonder if this was a catfish lol.  I do wonder if he is in on Matts scamming, or a "victim" (I'm not sure that's the word I want to use but I can't think of another way to put it). I didn't actually watch being Matt, I've never seen any interaction between him or anyone, so I'm going to pose a question, and I sincerely do not mean to demean or insult any group of people, it's an honest question. Does Jeff show any signs of mental impairment? This is complete speculation with no true base other than curiosity, so take it for what it's worth. I just can't help but wonder if Jeff is taking the fall because Matt is taking advantage of home maybe not completely understanding he is.

I think Jeff was starstruck by the Teen Mom girls (his twitter picture is with Amber) and Matt probably manipulated him little by little. Jeff probably feels he owes Matt for getting him into clubs etc. Jeff doesn't say much, which leads me to believe he really doesn't know Matt. When Amber first met Jeff she asked him to tell her something interesting about Matt (I don't remember her exact words) and Jeff just looked dumbfounded and had nothing to say.  I think I recall him taking a long sip of the remains of his soda, but I could be making the soda part up. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, druzy said:

I think Jeff was starstruck by the Teen Mom girls (his twitter picture is with Amber) and Matt probably manipulated him little by little. Jeff probably feels he owes Matt for getting him into clubs etc. Jeff doesn't say much, which leads me to believe he really doesn't know Matt. When Amber first met Jeff she asked him to tell her something interesting about Matt (I don't remember her exact words) and Jeff just looked dumbfounded and had nothing to say.  I think I recall him taking a long sip of the remains of his soda, but I could be making the soda part up. 

Good analysis! I didn't even think of the possibility of Jeff being manipulated as well. With all the females being gaslighted and conned by Matt, the idea that a guy could also be a victim just flew past me.  

I think Jeff does know Matt, but they are just not the best buds we have been led to believe. Jeff was some guy Matt can easily con. By luring him with the promise of MTV money, letting Matt do all the talking, and just agree with Matt on all his points, Jeff gets a bit of the limelight, he gets to share Matt's world, and Matt likely pays him money on the side.

All of these relatives of Matt who have appeared on TM have to be in it solely for the $$ and are just going along with whatever Matt asks them to do. I don't think they are doing it because they are con artists like Matt. I think they get suckered or manipulated by Matt because they feel sorry for the sad ass stories he has told them. He is telling them how the media is going after him and how it is affecting his relationship with Amber, his girl who is unstable and needs Matt to care for her. All they need to do is back up his stories of his youth and support him on camera. By letting them know they can get paid, that is easy money for them and no one is hurt if all they are doing is supporting a relative. 

• Love 4
On 5/29/2017 at 9:11 PM, MLE said:

I honestly bust out laughing at the little animated Matt getting knocked over by the waves. Production isn't hiding their feelings about him, between that and including last week's sexual harrasment. 

I finally got around to watching this shitfest tonight on my DVR.  I did the exact same thing, it was the funniest thing on the show.  Otherwise, I just sat there getting pissed, shaking my head at these people. Bad tattoos galore, but thank you lord for giving me that memorable moment from Matt.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

1) she's too sad to see her own daughter? Like someone else said she's an adult. She can't hang onto this forever but that brings me to this point

This bullshit just continues to prove that Amber is not a real mom. She bitches and moans about not seeing Leah enough, but then she pulls this crap. REAL moms don't get a break from their kids because they're sad. I've dealt with depression before. I have terrible anxiety. I am with my kids EVERY DAY. I don't get to say, "Sorry, mom is sad today, go somewhere else". Nope. Still gotta get up and feed them and teach them and generally take care of them. If you want people to respect you as a mother, Amber, how about stepping up and ACTING like one???

• Love 13

I say "good for Leah", the less that lowlife shitbag is around, the better. Good for Gary and Christina too, can you imagine how hard it probably is to act nice and deal with that POS.

• Love 10

I think Gary, Leah, Christina and even Amber at this point knows that Amber isn't a mom. She can fake cry all she wants and say "I wish I could see Leah", but if she wanted to see her, she would. At the reunion she put on these fake tears and when Dr. Drew asked if it's about Leah she said no, she's crying because she doesn't want to upset her fans. I think out of all the teen moms in both OG and teen mom 2, Amber gets under my skin the most. She probably shouldn't considering we have Jenelle and Farrah, but Amber's self-importance is really grating. She goes on and on and on about being a GREAT mom and a strong person and reminds us every other second that she's been in prison yet is so immature and unaware of how she really is. If you want to be a mom, be one. You can say you are one all you want but being sad doesn't allow moms to just not see their kids. And then on the last reunion she had the nerve to get so mad at Geeeery for not letting her have Leah more. And he was being perfectly reasonable. He said to first see her on the days assigned without canceling and then I'll give you more . She bugged out on him for saying that and now look at her. Can't even see your daughter one day out of a month because you're too sad.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

2) like someone else said she's not done with Matt if he's still in her house. It's not like they have kids together and need to keep a united front and he's still staying there. My guess is they're probably still sort of together but Amber knew she couldn't be honest about that at the reunion so she's saying she's waiting for him to change. It's just a guess but to me it makes sense. 

I think this, as well.  I did wonder if he's on the lease and that's the reason he can't be asked to leave?  I'm sure it's just Amber being Amber, I'm just wondering if she could legally get him out right now if she wanted.  I'm guessing that answer is 'no'.  I'm sure Matt knows for sure.  I mean Jeff.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I think this, as well.  I did wonder if he's on the lease and that's the reason he can't be asked to leave?  I'm sure it's just Amber being Amber, I'm just wondering if she could legally get him out right now if she wanted.  I'm guessing that answer is 'no'.  I'm sure Matt knows for sure.  I mean Jeff.

cannot imagine anything worse than living in the same house with someone I considered my ex

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, teapot said:

cannot imagine anything worse than living in the same house with someone I considered my ex

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Like I said I know some people do it when they have kids together but there is no reason why Amber and Matt should be living together if they are broken up. Like I said it makes me think they are still together or at least hooking up but at the reunion Amber has to shout how strong of a woman she is, so you know.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think Gary, Leah, Christina and even Amber at this point knows that Amber isn't a mom. She can fake cry all she wants and say "I wish I could see Leah", but if she wanted to see her, she would. At the reunion she put on these fake tears and when Dr. Drew asked if it's about Leah she said no, she's crying because she doesn't want to upset her fans. I think out of all the teen moms in both OG and teen mom 2, Amber gets under my skin the most. She probably shouldn't considering we have Jenelle and Farrah, but Amber's self-importance is really grating. She goes on and on and on about being a GREAT mom and a strong person and reminds us every other second that she's been in prison yet is so immature and unaware of how she really is. If you want to be a mom, be one. You can say you are one all you want but being sad doesn't allow moms to just not see their kids. And then on the last reunion she had the nerve to get so mad at Geeeery for not letting her have Leah more. And he was being perfectly reasonable. He said to first see her on the days assigned without canceling and then I'll give you more . She bugged out on him for saying that and now look at her. Can't even see your daughter one day out of a month because you're too sad.

I think Amber is like Jenelle that if there were no MTV cameras there would be no lip service about wanting to see her kid. She would maybe see Leah 2-3x a year at holidays when she thought it was important. But because 1. There are cameras, and 2. It's not socially acceptable for a woman to bow out of parenthood the way it is for a man, both women play lip service to wanting time with their kids. Farrah is foul on a lot of levels but she is actively parenting. 

Amber was someone that 100% should've been childfree. Had she been a more self aware/intelligent woman she would've made that choice but she didn't, and I am glad Leah has Gary who's always been loving and attentive to her AND Gary cared enough about his daughter to make sure any woman he had as a partner was going to love her too. But had the genders been reversed this scenario would've been a "oh, shrug huh well that's life....dead beats are dead beats". 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9

P.s- Amber disclosed how much Matt makes per season.. She said she broke up with him so he went to Vegas and took $30,000 out of the bank account and when Dr. Drew asked why, he said he makes $27,000 a season so he took 30 grand out of the bank and spent it all in Vegas.

I was actually thinking he made more which I'm glad he isn't. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, MissMel said:

Amber makes like $300k/year. Even if Matt is in her lease, she can go get a short-term rental somewhere by herself, even if she has to pay up front. If worst came to came to worst and Matt cleaned out her bank account, I'm pretty sure she could ask Gary if she could stay in one of his rentals or bunk with Cousin Crystal, her mom, or grandparents and pay them back when the next season's check comes in. 

29 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

P.s- Amber disclosed how much Matt makes per season.. She said she broke up with him so he went to Vegas and took $30,000 out of the bank account and when Dr. Drew asked why, he said he makes $27,000 a season so he took 30 grand out of the bank and spent it all in Vegas.

Amber, I know leaving your bed/couch is hard if it's not for reunion trips, filming, or vacations....but go open your own bank account and move some of your money there so he can't take it all and you can split if you need to.

ugh...when did he do this? After the most recent break-up? 

How can they even have $30k sitting in their bank account when Amber owes the IRS something like $130k???? How do these idiots have $30k sitting in their bank account when that's basically the average salary in the southern state I live in and I know plenty of school teachers, government workers, and military members who don't clear $30k in a year after taxes? UGH. 

• Love 11

$30,000 as pocket money to go to Vagas, well shit.

Legally if he's on the lease and she doesn't want him there, she's out of luck, he's a co-tennant. She could file a restraining order though, or a PFA, that would work.

• Love 4
On 5/30/2017 at 2:46 PM, jennyf said:

Speaking of Catelynn and Tyler leaving Nova with Butch, it's like they showed her writing out those instructions as if she actually cares for Nova most of the time. I really don't understand "trying" to keep a 2 year old up until 9pm. Unless you want her to sleep in so you can, which doesn't even work with most toddlers whose natural circadian rhythms have them asleep early at night and awake early in the morning. My 3 year old goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 6:30/7. If she goes to bed later, she still gets up at the same time, just crankier. 

I thought that was odd too (even though I have no children). I also chuckled at Catelynn giving instructions like she has hard rules on child care.

My SIL actually does. When my niece was a baby she left a list of specific instructions for my MIL (her mother). I happened to be in Chicago visiting at the time (my in-laws are from FL but have an apartment in Chicago) and we laughed and laughed...I love my SIL, but still made fun of her later to her face. But to the topic - who leaves their child with a multiple-offender, chronic drug user? Was Butch really primarily responsible for Novalee over several days?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jennifersdc said:

I thought that was odd too (even though I have no children). I also chuckled at Catelynn giving instructions like she has hard rules on child care.

My SIL actually does. When my niece was a baby she left a list of specific instructions for my MIL (her mother). I happened to be in Chicago visiting at the time (my in-laws are from FL but have an apartment in Chicago) and we laughed and laughed...I love my SIL, but still made fun of her later to her face. But to the topic - who leaves their child with a multiple-offender, chronic drug user? Was Butch really primarily responsible for Novalee over several days?

Apparently Maci does, too. (Granted, he was with Mimi Jen & Papaw Larry a lot, but not always....there were plenty of times Bentley was just with Ryan or being driven around just by Ryan).

• Love 3
21 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Sorry, can't get rid of that ^^^^ box. 

I have known exes without kids who lived together after a breakup. It's a lease thing. I once started dating a guy who still lived with his ex. It wasn't weird at all; they were actually completely amicable and we rarely saw her. But I knew another guy who did it and they fought like crazy. Talk about awkward. But, personally, I think Amber is still with him and just saying she dumped his oily ass to save face. 

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Sorry, can't get rid of that ^^^^ box. 

I have known exes without kids who lived together after a breakup. It's a lease thing. I once started dating a guy who still lived with his ex. It wasn't weird at all; they were actually completely amicable and we rarely saw her. But I knew another guy who did it and they fought like crazy. Talk about awkward. But, personally, I think Amber is still with him and just saying she dumped his oily ass to save face. 

That's my feeling too. Also yeah maybe it works if both parties are mature but like you said my feeling is she and Matt are still together but she has to put up front about her being strong and independent. And my feeling about everything in life always goes back to a theory that the tv show Friends taught me, if you are something, you don't constantly say you are that something. Like the more Amber shouts about how great of a mom she is, the less and less I believe it. The more she shouts about being strong and independent, and then apparently trashy ex boyfriend is still living with her, the less I believe that.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Amber makes like $300k/year. Even if Matt is in her lease, she can go get a short-term rental somewhere by herself, even if she has to pay up front. If worst came to came to worst and Matt cleaned out her bank account, I'm pretty sure she could ask Gary if she could stay in one of his rentals or bunk with Cousin Crystal, her mom, or grandparents and pay them back when the next season's check comes in. 

Amber, I know leaving your bed/couch is hard if it's not for reunion trips, filming, or vacations....but go open your own bank account and move some of your money there so he can't take it all and you can split if you need to.

ugh...when did he do this? After the most recent break-up? 

How can they even have $30k sitting in their bank account when Amber owes the IRS something like $130k???? How do these idiots have $30k sitting in their bank account when that's basically the average salary in the southern state I live in and I know plenty of school teachers, government workers, and military members who don't clear $30k in a year after taxes? UGH. 

The bank account is most likely in his name. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

But to the topic - who leaves their child with a multiple-offender, chronic drug user? Was Butch really primarily responsible for Novalee over several days?

The same chronic user of pot and alcohol. 

2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Very interesting.

You know Matt LOST it all in Vegas. He is a gambler. He also spent it on strip clubs and hookers as well. Amber, you better check yo self. 

I have no feelings whatsoever of him having taken Amber's money. That's on her. 

I did wonder if he's on the lease and that's the reason he can't be asked to leave?  I'm sure it's just Amber being Amber, I'm just wondering if she could legally get him out right now if she wanted.  I'm guessing that answer is 'no'.  I'm sure Matt knows for sure.  I mean Jeff.

Amber had to pay off a lease back when she was at her worst. I believe it was when she entered prison. She owed a year on a lease for that last home she rented out. If she had no issue paying off a lease then, she could surely do it now if she wanted to, but we know she won't leave Matt. You are right though about Matt knowing he can't legally be booted out. Has anyone ever watched that movie Pacific Heights with Melanie Griffith? That is the whole plot of the movie. Being a landlord on a couple of properties, I am so glad I have never had that issue with anyone. There have been a few stories of people who rented out rooms to someone or they hired a nanny only to have that person shut themselves in a room and not pay any rent. The owners can't force them to leave. Google this shit, it is interesting and yet, scary. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/4/2017 at 8:30 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

she's so depressed over her break up with Matt so she hasn't seen Leah in months . They were talking about matts drug addiction and how he stole $120,000 from her so they got Matt on the phone and she was screaming at him the whole time and saying she's way too strong of a person to worry about him yet they are still living together and he has all access to her accounts .

Um, this isn't the post I wanted to respond to and I don't know how to get rid of it. 

I wanted to respond to the comments that Amber can't kick Matt out because his name is on the lease. In general that is true, but I thought if one of the tenants starts doing illegal activities in the house, like drugs, then the other tenant can leave without penalty or make the other person leave. Anyone know if this is true or not?

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Um, this isn't the post I wanted to respond to and I don't know how to get rid of it. 

I wanted to respond to the comments that Amber can't kick Matt out because his name is on the lease. In general that is true, but I thought if one of the tenants starts doing illegal activities in the house, like drugs, then the other tenant can leave without penalty or make the other person leave. Anyone know if this is true or not?

It depends if that is included in their lease. It would still need to be proven what sort of crime was occurring in the home. Relapsing is not a crime. Doing drugs in the rental may not fall under the perimeters that most leases cite: 

Restrictions on tenant illegal activity. To avoid trouble among your tenants, prevent property damage, and limit your exposure to lawsuits from residents and neighbors, you should include an explicit lease or rental agreement clause prohibiting disruptive behavior, such as excessive noise, and illegal activity, such as drug dealing.

Matt "admitted" to relapsing, not drug dealing. Each lease is different and many owners put in many clauses that others might not put in their leases. 

• Love 1
On 02/06/2017 at 8:14 AM, leighroda said:

Does anyone watch friends, this Jeff thing reminds me of when chandler finds out Ross & Monica's parents don't like him because Ross was smoking pot in college and got caught and blamed Chandler, so when Monica and Chandler started dating they told Ross he had to tell his parents the truth, that it wasn't Chandler, and Ross' response was "ok, so who should we tell them tricked me into smoking"

HURRICANE GLORIA DIDN'T BREAK THE PORCH SWING, MONICA JEFF DID

• Love 8
3 hours ago, salvame said:

Silly question, I know, but if Matt and Amber flip houses, why are they leasing, rather than owning, their own home.  Just seems strange to me.

Amber cannot own a home because she still owes $130k to the IRS.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, salvame said:

Silly question, I know, but if Matt and Amber flip houses, why are they leasing, rather than owning, their own home.  Just seems strange to me.

They both have shitty credit as well. 

• Love 2

And they can't be bothered to clean up the mess, damage, and make repairs after they and their 'rescues' live in a house for a year.  It's easier to just move and let landlord worry about it.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MissMel said:

And they can't be bothered to clean up the mess, damage, and make repairs after they and their 'rescues' live in a house for a year.  It's easier to just move and let landlord worry about it.  

I can't even imagine doing that or anything remotely similar. I wonder what it's like to have no regards for anybody but yourself.

• Love 2

Just now watching this for the first time and its already annoying me so bad. First of all, wow. When it comes to ditching your kid and getting a free vacation, I guess Catelynn is just magically cured from her "depression"? interesting. And Maci has always rubbed me the wrong way. I still think she's not over Ryan, and she's probably so pissed that he continues to move on to different girls but never runs back to her. Whatever. People are right -all of them annoyed me in this. 

• Love 2
On 6/5/2017 at 2:33 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

That's my feeling too. Also yeah maybe it works if both parties are mature but like you said my feeling is she and Matt are still together but she has to put up front about her being strong and independent. And my feeling about everything in life always goes back to a theory that the tv show Friends taught me, if you are something, you don't constantly say you are that something. Like the more Amber shouts about how great of a mom she is, the less and less I believe it. The more she shouts about being strong and independent, and then apparently trashy ex boyfriend is still living with her, the less I believe that.

I don't remember this from Friends but I do agree.  It is like, if you have to TELL someone you are funny... you are not funny.  Telling someone you are classy immediately negates any classiness!

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't remember this from Friends but I do agree.  It is like, if you have to TELL someone you are funny... you are not funny.  Telling someone you are classy immediately negates any classiness!

It’s when Monica plays a message she left for her ex boyfriend and she says in the message “I’m breezy” and Joey is like “saying you’re breezy means you aren’t really breezy”

• Love 7
13 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It’s when Monica plays a message she left for her ex boyfriend and she says in the message “I’m breezy” and Joey is like “saying you’re breezy means you aren’t really breezy”

That totally negates the breezy!

• Love 7
On 6/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Amber is like Jenelle that if there were no MTV cameras there would be no lip service about wanting to see her kid. She would maybe see Leah 2-3x a year at holidays when she thought it was important. But because 1. There are cameras, and 2. It's not socially acceptable for a woman to bow out of parenthood the way it is for a man, both women play lip service to wanting time with their kids. Farrah is foul on a lot of levels but she is actively parenting. 

Amber was someone that 100% should've been childfree. Had she been a more self aware/intelligent woman she would've made that choice but she didn't, and I am glad Leah has Gary who's always been loving and attentive to her AND Gary cared enough about his daughter to make sure any woman he had as a partner was going to love her too. But had the genders been reversed this scenario would've been a "oh, shrug huh well that's life....dead beats are dead beats". 

Definitely agree with all of this. And it would be better for Leah, honestly, if Amber was even more of a deadbeat or just absentee. 

I've thought this about TM2 Leah to a much lesser extent as well. For Amber, it might be best just to have a supervised visit or two per month, or not to see her daughter at all. For Leah, I think she'd be better and less stressed as an every other weekend parent with the conventional Dad visitation schedule. Our expectation that moms are the default parents protects some kids from fathers who would probably suck anyway or be neglectful, like Devon. But what about when the mom is someone who, for benign or (in Amber's case) extremely not-benign reasons, is better off not parenting day in and day out? I wish it was more socially acceptable for moms in those circumstances to quietly bow out like any dad. Would be better for the kids involved. 

Amber just should not be a parent. Since she is, it's best to heavily limit Leah's exposure to her and her inevitable train of abusive boyfriends. I know Gary is trying to be accommodating and keep the peace, but I wish something more could be done. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

No, the word is scapegoat.

Lol. You don’t know how long it’s been aggravating me that I can’t go back to my original post and put BACK “scapegoat” after that dude told me I was wrong and that it was “escape goat”, ugh! Lmao. 

After it’s been so long PTV doesn’t allow us to edit our posts. I had scapegoat originally y’all until a poster told me escapegoat. ?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Definitely agree with all of this. And it would be better for Leah, honestly, if Amber was even more of a deadbeat or just absentee. 

I've thought this about TM2 Leah to a much lesser extent as well. For Amber, it might be best just to have a supervised visit or two per month, or not to see her daughter at all. For Leah, I think she'd be better and less stressed as an every other weekend parent with the conventional Dad visitation schedule. Our expectation that moms are the default parents protects some kids from fathers who would probably suck anyway or be neglectful, like Devon. But what about when the mom is someone who, for benign or (in Amber's case) extremely not-benign reasons, is better off not parenting day in and day out? I wish it was more socially acceptable for moms in those circumstances to quietly bow out like any dad. Would be better for the kids involved. 

Amber just should not be a parent. Since she is, it's best to heavily limit Leah's exposure to her and her inevitable train of abusive boyfriends. I know Gary is trying to be accommodating and keep the peace, but I wish something more could be done. 

I worry for Ambers next baby. This guy is no Gary. 

Amber is not a “weekend Parent”, who actually enjoys spending time and parenting Leah a few days a month. She’s an out of town relative that would do best to send a gift occasionally and show up at holidays.

Perhaps Gary is waiting until Leah is old enough to decide not to go to Amber’s....not that I agree just a theory. 

I always liked Gary even in the early days, and Kristina is a good Mom to Leah, so I think she will turn out ok (with two loving parents) but jolly, knowing Amber is having another baby has to sting.

• Love 4

Wait, didn't we anoint "escape goat" an official PreviouslyTV thing last year some time? Like "spite chickens?"

Or was that on anther social media page I'm on.

If not, I would like to make "escape goat" a thing here, please.  Can we vote or just start using it or whatever?

Wait, didn't we anoint "escape goat" an official PreviouslyTV thing last year some time? Like "spite chickens?"

Or was that on anther social media page I'm on.

If not, I would like to make "escape goat" a thing here, please.  Can we vote or just start using it or whatever?

• Love 1