Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E13: Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:
15 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

That puzzle deserved to be kicked.

What did she do wrong with it?  I didn't even notice.

I couldn't see exactly what was wrong but the very fact that it existed irritated me.  I have nothing against puzzles but when every other challenge has one tacked on the end, then it means that someone like Ozzy or Michaela have no chance of winning -- even though they are phenomenal  athletes -- just because they aren't great at puzzles.  I liked it much better when a challenge is either, endurance, mental, or physical.  Aubry didn't have to do the card stacking thing and then swim a mile.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Theoretically, Cirie's goal was to save Sarah from herself.  Cirie trusts Aubry and Sarah doesn't.  Cirie wanted Tai out and she wanted to do it in a way to dodge any possible Tai idol.  So she wanted to steal her ally's vote to bluff that she was turning on her so that Tai wouldn't play an idol.  It was a really clever, Cirie-ish plan, but she forgot to read the rules.

I'm confused then, if this is the case, why Cirie put on the crocodile tears and tried to make Tai play his idol.  Or what the heck was she trying to do? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Etta Place said:

I was wondering if the vote went to Michaela because Sarah decided to show Cirie that she did trust her by not voting her out - but also that she wasn't going to leave her with a free ally.

So I trust you, but I don't want you to have an ally?  That seems very contradictory to me.  Not saying Sarah wouldn't come up with that, but  that's a mess.

• Love 3
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm confused then, if this is the case, why Cirie put on the crocodile tears and tried to make Tai play his idol.  Or what the heck was she trying to do? 

No, I think it was to make him feel safe. like. I am telling you all of this trust me. 
Think Cirie vs. Erik and Cirie vs. Shane. 

Just now, vb68 said:

So I trust you, but I don't want you to have an ally?  That seems very contradictory to me.  Not saying Sarah wouldn't come up with that, but  that's a mess.

alone and only Sarah to trust. it's smart. this way cirie HAS to (theoretically) only work with Sarah. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think she was trying to make him doubt his allies, and vote with her, and she was going to blindside him. I thought she was trying to make him not play his idol.

• Love 6

Cirie's goal was to save Cirie. As she should. But if I had been Sarah, I would've freaked out over what Cirie tried to pull at tribal. And of course she would target Michaela over Cirie, because Michaela can win a challenge. Cirie....will not.

• Love 10
Just now, Katesus7 said:

Cirie's goal was to save Cirie. As she should. But if I had been Sarah, I would've freaked out over what Cirie tried to pull at tribal. And of course she would target Michaela over Cirie, because Michaela can win a challenge. Cirie....will not.

@Katesus7!  Missed you around here!:):):):)

But I agree.  Sarah clearly felt betrayed by Cirie, even if that wasn't Cirie's intention, and reacted understandably and accordingly.  Michaela made sense as a potential immunity threat based on the second challenge.  Cirie hasn't, nor will she ever, win an individual Immunity Challenge (in her entire Survivor career, she's only ever won one Reward Challenge, but no Immunity Challenges, though she came so damn close to winning the final one in Micronesia).  So sparing her, at least for now, wasn't a bad thing.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:
  22 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:
31 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

That puzzle deserved to be kicked.

It looked like things didn't line up perfectly.

I found it funny though that Jeff REALLY studied Michaela's but literally glanced at his man crush, Brad's.

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Fucking Culpepper.  That eye roll when he got a vote at the first TC is why I live in a perpetual state of wanting to punch him in the esophagus.

And 2nd best face of the night was Brad's eyeroll during the 1st vote for Andrea. OMG I had to rewind it and watch again

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

It looked like things didn't line up perfectly.

I found it funny though that Jeff REALLY studied Michaela's but literally glanced at his man crush, Brad's.

And then the show was trying to convince us that "you should vote off the person who's trying to get you at 5 now, at 7" was profound.

And if that's the case, you vote for Cirie (or Aubry, but really Cirie), not Michaela.  Dipshit.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 11
(edited)

I am completely befuddled at the logic behind both votes.  The women had a 5 person alliance, with Brad and Troyzan (and possibly Tai) on the short end.  They all talk about how big of a threat Brad is.  So they vote out Andrea.  What?

But that one made more sense than the second vote.  They want Brad out, he wins immunity.  So then they want Tai out.  Cirie tries to steal Sarah's vote but Sarah says "no can do".  Cirie says she was doing it to help Sarah.   Sarah presumably tells Tai that she is voting for Michaela (which is why he didn't play an idol).  Why would Tai trust her?   Sarah and Cirie are allied and yet Sarah votes out Cirie's protege?   Why wouldn't they take out Tai or Troyzan?  Truly don't understand why they would reduce their numbers.

Aubry knows that someone who wasn't Brad or Troy voted for her.  I could see Aubry and Tai joining with Brad and Troy.  Next episode, Sarah will use the Legacy Advantage.  Why would Sarah vote out one of her own in Michaela, especially considering they think Aubry and Tai are getting too close?

45 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

@MsBlueJay, that was my expression during that TC.  Sit down everyone!

Didn't Michaela know about the LA?  I wish she had thrown Sarah under the bus and told everyone that she had it.

The long pieces near the center of the compass, half was supposed to be white, half black.  Divided down the middle.  One of those half-pieces on hers was both white and black when it was supposed to be either all black or all white.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 9
(edited)

Was this initially supposed to be two separate episodes, but because of the late start to the season, they edited it into one?  Just seemed like a weird double boot ep, but this whole season the editing and pace has been a mess.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

@blackwing I see your point of view as Cirie's.  She and Michaela wanted Tai out.  Sarah absolutely did not want Tai out.  For some reason she wants / needs Tai as an ally and anyone else can be sacrificed for him. 

Tai told Aubry he should get rid of Sarah.
Aubry tells Cirie.
Cirie tells Sarah.
Sarah immediately recognizes this as a lie and will do anything to keep Tai around.

Weird.....   Was it a lie?  And if so, why would Tai lie about that?

I think Sarah jumped on board voting out Michaela because that's what Brad wanted to do?  (The fishing comment.  LOL)

Everyone seems quick to say that the ladies should have booted Brad... mainly because it seems like viewers don't like Brad and do like the ladies.

That in itself should explain the choice.  Gotta keep them goats around.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Sarah jumped on board voting out Michaela because that's what Brad wanted to do?  (The fishing comment.  LOL)

Well they all hate Michaela, so that was the easy sell.

Sarah absolutely did not want Tai out.  For some reason she wants / needs Tai as an ally and anyone else can be sacrificed for him. 

She was like that with Zeke too, so it's weirdly consistent.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7

Well I don't think I've ever seen a chicken come home to roost as quickly as NOT voting out Culpepper when the chance presented itself.

Sending Andrea home managed to set in motion a chain of events blowing up several people's games...and I think it's real unfortunate that Michaela as she said "make no sense being the one the entire screwed up second tribal got pinned on.

Nobody knows Troyzon has the idol....he should have been the one to get the votes even though he would have saved himself.

I hate that Brad had the satisfaction of voting out Michaela...he's had it in for her work weeks now and finally got his way. We saw the true Brad tonight on several occasions when he was nasty. I laughed at him when he tried to quote "Big Jeff" from BIG BROTHER about someone "getting got" and nobody paid him attention.

Glad Michaela seemed to take it so well in the end confessional. If they don't bring her back someday its their loss.

• Love 17
(edited)

Also Culpepper's violent pointing at Tai declaring who voted for him - he fucking KNOWS Culpepper you ass - is another reason why I want to poke him in the tattoos.

Like seriously.  PLEASE vote him out.  My blood pressure can't take it.

Oh also also how is asking him to go fishing blackmailing him?  That was quite an amazing leap of logic.  Dipshit.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 19

I'm happy with the two that went home. I'm so glad Brad won immunity for the last challenge. Cirie, read ! Sarah only gave you that  for trust, and you decided to use it??? She is lucky she wasn't sent home! All Tai did was comfort Aubry, and Cirie suspects them right away, send her home please! 
I'm amazed Tai has two idols and did don't play one of them!
I'm betting that last TC went on for a long long time. It must have been fun for the jury.
K.I.S.S people, getting all fancy ends up looking like a real mess! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Was this initially supposed to be two separate episodes, but because of the late start to the season, they edited it into one?  Just seemed like a weird double boot ep, but this whole season the editing and pace has been a mess.

Nope, that's how it was last season, too -- with the Will and Sunday boots in one hour.

(Wow, this is episode 13? So there will actually be more episodes this year than last year.)

Glad Michaela seemed to take it so well in the end confessional. If they don't bring her back someday its their loss.

I'm okay with her not playing again. She really wanted Brad to go and catch fish for them, before they /she voted him out? ??? Oh my goodness, other than being okay at challenges, she's not a good survivor player, her social skills suck! 

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I don't know who "they all" is.  I've not seen any evidence of Tai hating Michaela.  Brad yes.  Troyzan maybe.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Also Culpepper's violent pointing at Tai declaring who voted for him - he fucking KNOWS Culpepper you ass - is another reason why I want to poke him in the tattoos.

I think Tai is pretty clueless, he simply does what he's told. Make a big move? Tai? With who . LOL

She gets on their nerves! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I literally said aloud, "Oh Ciriiiiie...." (kinda like Laura Petrie would!)

Hah... I don't know how many people catch that reference but that's right on.

I guess the whole tribal hinged on Brad's 'I ain't gunna git got so go gots someone else, get it?' statement that just befuddled everyone's mind and they finally just voted for Michaela for the hell of it?

And as any TAR fan could of told Cerie, "Always READ the clue!!" I now think it was more of a test from Sarah to Cirie than it was the other way around. I'm willing to bet that she intentionally used that advantage as collateral knowing that it could either function as the deal was presented or it would be Cirie who would get got. And she got good.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Why were Brad and Troy saying 'we know how Michaela voted'?  Michaela's never been with them to my knowledge.

She got in with them a few episodes ago, but was still in with Cirie. She went looking for information, but conned Tai into thinking she was with his group.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

What did she do wrong with it?  I didn't even notice

Michaela didn't have the arrows lined up correctly. Black/white, when it should have been all black or all white. The tips of the arrows were wrong.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know who "they all" is.

Brad's contingent.  It may have been mostly Brad and Sierra, but I I think I remember Sierra saying "everyone hated" Michaela (or so she thought.)  Obviously Cirie didn't.   

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

@blackwing I see your point of view as Cirie's.  She and Michaela wanted Tai out.  Sarah absolutely did not want Tai out.  For some reason she wants / needs Tai as an ally and anyone else can be sacrificed for him. 

Tai told Aubry he should get rid of Sarah.
Aubry tells Cirie.
Cirie tells Sarah.
Sarah immediately recognizes this as a lie and will do anything to keep Tai around.

Weird.....   Was it a lie?  And if so, why would Tai lie about that?

Sarah thought Aubrey was lying about what Tai said. She definitely wasn't lying, we saw Tai say that. I don't think Sarah thought Tai was lying to Aubrey, she trusted him and not Aubrey.

1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

As I digest all these wonderful comments, I get the sinking feeling that Culpepper or Tai is gong to win.  Ugh.

I don't see the jury voting for either of them, but I guess it depends how the next few votes go. The worst would be Troyzan winning.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Tai, honey, hate to break it to you but you wouldn't know how to make a big move if someone drew you a road map. It's just not in you, you're too timid. And you're a follower. Lord help you if you and Troyzan ever get lost in the jungle together, you'll have no one to tell you guys what to do.

Imagine if they end up in a final two together... *shudder*

• Love 5

That first shot of the island zooming into the Immunity Challenge was really pretty.

Andrea obviously didn't know that Sarah didn't like her.  And she was shocked to be voted out.

Aubry rolling her eyes at Culpeper's emotional outbreak.

Cirie working, working, working. Whoops.  That advantage didn't work, though, did it?

I was expecting Sarah to vote for Cirie, but I guess she counted the votes and realized there were no other votes for Cirie.

But now Tai has to realize that Cirie lied to him about him being the person they were going to vote out.

• Love 7
(edited)

Huh.  From the Twitter of Troyzan -

"#SurvivorGameChangers @JeffProbst woulda been nice to get credit letting you know @sarahlacina Advantage wasn't transferable. #IsaiditFirst"

Fishbach asked him about it and Troy said it was a long story but that even Jeff was confused until he (Troy) told Jeff to have Cirie re-read it.  People ask him to elaborate but he doesn't say any more in that thread.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I think Cirie bought into the hype that she's a great player. I've never thought she was, I just didn't see it. And tonight, she confirmed she's one brick short of a load for not reading the entire advantage instructions. Or not comprehending it. She seemed to think that once she had it in her hands, it wasn't transferrable to anyone else. LOL, dumbass.

I have never thought her a great player. I'd like her to go next! I give Brad a pass on the snark,  tired, hungry and knowing your going home, plus Micheala asking him, to ya know Brad, go fish! I would not be happy. I guess Sarah is making moves, seems Brad was pulling the strings that time though.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 hours ago, mojoween said:

Huh.  From the Twitter of Troyzan -

"#SurvivorGameChangers @JeffProbst woulda been nice to get credit letting you know @sarahlacina Advantage wasn't transferable. #IsaiditFirst"

Fishbach asked him about it and Troy said it was a long story but that even Jeff was confused until he (Troy) told Jeff to have Cirie re-read it.  People ask him to elaborate but he doesn't say any more in that thread.

Troy has been invisible all season and they couldn't even give him that.  Pretty funny.  I feel like Troy being such a casting dud probably blew it for any other second chance voting reject to get another shot.  There's a reason certain people didn't get voted in.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

There is a Final 6 with 2 people with an edit. Sarah & Cirie........with Brad pre-merge. If Troyzan, Aubry or Tai win I will be shocked and very upset. The editing is horrible for this season.

Cirie took out Andrea instead of Sarah because she thinks Andrea is the more dangerous opponent, if they both make FTC.  i.e. Cirie thinks she can easily beat Sarah at FTC, but feared she could not beat Andrea.  

Sarah took out Michaela because she believed Michaela was in Cirie's pocket -- and she did not want Cirie to essentially have a free vote at the next few tribals.  

Stellar playing by Sarah IMO, that put her a step above everyone else this episode (and last as well). 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't get all the Culpepper hate or Michaela love. Honestly, the more I see of Michaela the more I dislike her. She didn't ask Brad to go fishing, she told him. Demanded that he go fishing. And I believe Brad's point was she was basically telling him, "If you fish for us we might keep you."  Way to win friends and influence people.  I didn't care for Brad's outburst after he won, but I could understand that emotion anyway. I also like Sarah. Her confessionals show she is thinking strategically. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

She didn't ask Brad to go fishing, she told him. Demanded that he go fishing. And I believe Brad's point was she was basically telling him, "If you fish for us we might keep you." 

I am not a huge Brad fan, but he was right. She was ordering him around. The only thing possibly in it for him was to be kept around. So, feeling blackmailed made perfect sense. 

Hated this episode. Hate the entire season since Sandra left. Shouldn't have started watching again. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

One of these days, one of these days, someone’s going to tell Jeff to suck it when he tells them to do something like he told Cirie to jump down from the tower.  And I’m going to laugh my head off when they do.  Then again…Jeff did get the line of the night when he told Michaela that kicking the puzzle always helps.

LOL -- Years ago Jonathan Penner did - and Probst just continued in his announcer voice, "PENNER"S getting FRUSTRATED with ME!!"

• Love 12

With Sarah this jury will either love her or hate her. There's no in between. I think a bitter jury is what Cirie is banking on. Of course, I think Sarah believes the jury will reward her with a win for playing the aggressive game. Unfortunately, if Sarah does win it was an obvious edit of it. Sarah has probably more confessionals then anyone else & airtime, too. That ain't her fault. She's played a heck of a game but it was shouted from the Survivor rooftop. Sarah's Winnng! LOL!!!

1 minute ago, princelina said:

LOL -- Years ago Jonathan Penner did - and Probst just continued in his announcer voice, "PENNER"S getting FRUSTRATED with ME!!"

Personally, when Penney said, "My Ass!" I was a fan for life. LOL!!!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

I am not a huge Brad fan, but he was right. She was ordering him around. The only thing possibly in it for him was to be kept around. So, feeling blackmailed made perfect sense. 

Hated this episode. Hate the entire season since Sandra left. Shouldn't have started watching again. 

It's not the season I thought it would be. Last season was so good, this pales in comparison. I wasn't a fan of Sandra either, so I not really rooting for anyone.

Not the most likeable group, and the guys I liked left super early, so no eye candy makes me grouchy. :)

• Love 3

I'm fed up with viewers patronizing Tai. He's managed to keep his paranoia in check and use his gut to get to F6 with two idols, but people still knock on him and call him stupid like he's a Keith. It feels like a layer of racism.

And if that isn't bad enough, Aubry lost every last shred of likeability tonight when Tai comforted her and she decided to backstab and tattle on him because "big movez". Glad she's such a non-entity. She can go kiss her boyfriend Cochran, who her rival Debbie got more time with this season.

Michaela and her tantrum kicks continue. She really is only tolerable when she's being an awful person to someone more awful than her, like with JT. My eyes just about rolled out of my head when she made some remark during her vote about Tai causing drama, when he was someone willing to work with her. Unnecessarily nasty way to treat a friend, even though she sobbed over Zeke. Glad that Jay's highest Survivor placing still outranks Michaela's.

For those wondering why Michaela left, Sarah was clearly hurt that Cirie would try to use the advantage like that, good intentions or not. You don't pull that shit on your ally just because they want to wait on voting someone. It was extremely insulting to Sarah and Sarah has enough connections at this point to strike back at Cirie for such an insolent decision. So she cut out Michaela, which weakens Cirie's position and still keeps her latched to Sarah. In fact, Sarah likely had a huge part in Michaela even getting to F7 and helped vouch for her as a sign of good faith to her relationship with Cirie. Otherwise Michaela would've been gone weeks ago.

Troyzan's only two confessionals since merge have been about his immunity win and about playing the idol on a night he didn't play it. Stellar.

A jury of women will never award Brad Culpepper a million dollars. It's either Tai or a lady. He and Troyzan are cursed. Even though Michaela's fishing conversation was awkward and stupid, he still came out looking more obnoxious somehow.

• Love 9

I was watching Andrea on PEN and she said this season wasn't as much fun as before. Everyone was in such game mode (just like her) that everyone forgot to have fun. I think that's true for most returnee seasons. It's all business and leave the friendship at the door. That's what MillvsX was so much fun. They were all newbies playing a game and having fun while doing it. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

I'm fed up with viewers patronizing Tai. He's managed to keep his paranoia in check and use his gut to get to F6 with two idols, but people still knock on him and call him stupid like he's a Keith. It feels like a layer of racism.

Huh? Racism? Name one smart move Tai has made. Other than finding idols. How many times has he stuck his foot in his mouth and then just sat there blinking when called on it? 

• Love 21