Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E13: Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

• Start Topic

That second vote made my head spin. I feel like I'm going to need to watch it two or three times to get the full understanding of the moves.

And I was still scratching my head on why Cirie voted Andrea out.

• Love 19

Aubry finally did something, and she was so happy. 
Troyzon and Tai seem really confident at tribal. I thought Troy would play his idol.

Voting Brad out seemed like the smarter idea. I liked the Cirie and Andrea pair, disappointed Cirie turned on Andrea.
Andrea is a pro at getting blindsided at this point. I'll miss you Andrea.

"There's a hole he can't fill" lol 
"Kicks the puzzle, which always helps" 

Voting out Andrea immediatley backfired.

Cirie showing her skills in this game. 

All these idols and advantages are soo confusing. 

Oh my god, that was crazy again. Always read the instructions people. Cirie just lost her game here. If she could have used it, it would be different.

Why would you vote out Michaela? That didn't seem like a good idea.

Michaela is such a cutie when she's saying her last words, loved her giggle.

• Love 21

Damn.  Shame to see both Andrea and Michaela go, but between the threat level Andrea posed and Michaela basically not being all that well-liked, it was inevitable for both of them.

Go, Sarah, Aubry, and Cirie!

• Love 11

Oh for the love of god, not another one of those stupid TC where everyone is playing telephone!  Please tell me this will not be the new norm.  And where the hell did Michaela's name come from?

Well, it was good while it lasted.  3 weeks of seeing Debbie, Zeke, and Sierra's torches snuffed, but I knew I'd be too lucky for Brad/Troy/Tai to get finished off. Has Andrea been blindsided every time she's been voted off?  This episode sucked all the way around, mainly because of who went home, but this episode was just dull.  Typical Survivor of challenges, strategizing, TC, but it seemed even more dull than normal.  Probably because it was so rushed.  

Why were Brad and Troy saying 'we know how Michaela voted'?  Michaela's never been with them to my knowledge.

If it's a Brad/Troy/Tai final 3, that's going to be the absolute worst in history (for me anyway).  I don't even care who wins at this point.  I guess Aubry, but I hated Sarah's arrogance and smugness tonight, and Cirie really screwed it up for her alliance by targeting Andrea.

Love that Aubry killed that first challenge!   Could have cared less to see Brad win.  Damn that it was Michaela who was so close to winning.  

I love Michaela ordering Brad to go fishing before she thought they were voting him off.  I hope she comes back again and lasts just as long.

Hey, there's somebody named Troy on this season!  He must have just popped in from the jungle and stumbled onto the TC set.  And way to already start pitching to the jury, Sarah.  Whether you make it to that point and they reward you for being a flip flopper is another story.  She must have felt stupid when she saw Aubry was telling the truth about Tai.  I feel like the jury is told to look extra pissy this season.  

I'd be fine if I never heard "big moves" and "resumes" again on this show.  

I'm so annoyed that all idols and the LA are going to be in play for the finale.  

PS: Brad, you just threw Tai under the bus a couple of weeks ago.  Don't point at the girls that they screwed him over.

• Love 18

Yay!  Aubry wins her first immunity challenge—and obliterates Cochran’s record in that challenge in the process!  Go Aubry!!!

Am I the only person who’s tired of hearing the phrase “building a resume” when talking about the game of Survivor?

They decide to send Michaela to ask Brad to go fishing to keep him from looking for an idol?  She might’ve had a better shot at getting him to go if she’d said, “Hey, Brad, let’s go fishing” instead of suggesting he do it on his own.  Subtlety, thy name is not Michaela.

One of these days, one of these days, someone’s going to tell Jeff to suck it when he tells them to do something like he told Cirie to jump down from the tower.  And I’m going to laugh my head off when they do.  Then again…Jeff did get the line of the night when he told Michaela that kicking the puzzle always helps.

At first, I thought Sarah was the biggest fool for giving Cirie the steal-a-vote advantage…until Sarah pointed out that the advantage was non-transferrable.  And just when I didn’t think a tribal council could get as wild as the one that sent Malcolm packing, along comes this one!

Um…Michaela, remind me again when you won a challenge?  Why would people be afraid of not being able to beat you??

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

My teevee crapped out at the craziest part - so I have NO idea how Sarah/Cirie decided to Cirie her advantage, and how Michalea was the victim (was she always the intended). Cirie did her part though in making Tai believe her

even though. and I say this as a big Cirie fan:

HOW. THE. HELL. DO. YOU. NOT. READ. THE. ENTIRE. CLUE. BEFORE. YOU. MAKE. A. PLAN. LIKE. THAT. YOU. DUMMY. 

But man, it would have been beautiful. 

I thought Sarah might have been tricking her and giving her the legacy advantage.  I thought if they gave the vote away someone else could use it.  So if Sarah got voted off does that mean Cirie wouldn't have been able to use it?  

Cirie probably destroyed her game with that moment.  Now she really has no allies.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

HOW. THE. HELL. DO. YOU. NOT. READ. THE. ENTIRE. CLUE. BEFORE. YOU. MAKE. A. PLAN. LIKE. THAT. YOU. DUMMY. 

I literally said aloud, "Oh Ciriiiiie...." (kinda like Laura Petrie would!)

She's lucky she didn't get voted out. I thought Sarah was going to target her.

• Love 11

More whispering. That is getting old. Also, you know what I'm expecting if that trend continues? "I don't have any secrets for you. I needed an excuse to put my tongue in your ear."

I was hoping Cirie had a master plan in motion. I don't know what her overall goal was, but I was rooting for something along the lines of S16. But she didn't read the fine print on the advantage. Unless she did read it, and it was a move to blindside Aubrey, and . . . I can't think about it too hard.

At least Cirie is trying to thinking hard. Tai, you got two idols. Use one! You don't want to be a 24-karat dumbass like James, do you? But he slips through the cracks again. Can that be considered a talent?

Mchaela isn't bad, but she's a hothead. Surprised she didn't flip off everybody while leaving. By the way, if there was to be a fight at Tribal, the fire is right there. Just saying.

Aubrey likes Cochran? Shit, why couldn't she be exiled? That might have been awesome to watch.

• Love 10

Whoa!  Immunity up front,  No feast today!

No, Ladies!!  Whack Troyzan or Pepper first!

Tai is basically bulletproof if he's smart enough to play an idol. 

Well done Aubrey for immunity!

Mik/Brad/fishing / that whole exchange was weird.  I guess that was some foreshadowing.....

Andrea is pissing me off. Sara can be played and she's too arrogant/bitchy to see it.  Listen to Momma Cirie.

It's too quiet.  Uh-Oh 

Troyzan and his inane "Hey bottoms!, come be our bottom" pitch.  Well, I think it's worked before.

Brad whines. surprise, surprise.  I hope you done got got, muscle boy crybaby.

uh-oh.  Editing at TC has the women sort of cat-fighting, imagine that.

No Idols......Bye Andrea.  Bad game play.  The women are their worst enemies.

Tai is always shady.  Good nose Cirie

Compass Point craziness!!

"Why do I keep doing this?'  IDK? Ego, money or both.

That shading is tricky on this puzzle and of course Culpepper wins.

This is not going to end well.

Too many idols, advantages, legacies.  Stop it!

"where the deception is coming from"

"Be happy for what you have"

Whoops! Cirie! Read the clue!  

Pandemonium!!  I love it!!

No idols played.....and BOOM there goes Mikhala.  

The women self-destruct yet again.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Wow damn! Read the rules Cirie! I'm so over the editing on this show. It's one thing to try to make it suspenseful, it's another thing to not show the viewers anything and leave them completely confused. Where the hell did the Michaela boot come from?  That's so annoying!

Unpopular opinion alert: I'm really glad Andrea is gone. I don't know why but I just could never warm to her in any of her seasons.

Three idols left make think Cirie is screwed and we're gonna be stuck with a final 3 where I don't want to root for anyone. Freaking Troyzan, who I keep forgetting is even there, is gonna make F3 lmao!

Troy doesn't deserve an idol since he's been such a non entity this season.  I guess we finally saw him at TC because Jeff is running out of people to talk to.  He won't win, though.  What does he have on his resume?

I swear, casted super fans and returning player seasons have ruined this show for me.  I don't even care who wins at this point.  I'm going with Brad, whose suddenly getting a redemption arc and is defying the odds.  Now things are back in his favor.  He's also got friends on the jury, and if he goes to the final 3 with Troy and Tai, no way he loses against them.

• Love 3
(edited)

These two eliminations episodes seem so rushed. 

Andrea getting the boot didn't surprise me but I don't know where the Michaela vote came from. I hate when they play telephone at TC. They should make a rule that you can't do that, it's annoying. I thought Sarah would vote off Cirie. Cirie didn't do what Sarah wanted her to do which was just hold the advantage, not use it. 

I was also surprised Tai didn't use his idol. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I thought Sarah might have been tricking her and giving her the legacy advantage.  I thought if they gave the vote away someone else could use it.  So if Sarah got voted off does that mean Cirie wouldn't have been able to use it?  

Cirie probably destroyed her game with that moment.  Now she really has no allies.

1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I literally said aloud, "Oh Ciriiiiie...." (kinda like Laura Petrie would!)

She's lucky she didn't get voted out. I thought Sarah was going to target her.

I am gonna have to wonder how this is gonna work. Cirie is good with voodoo. (she just obviously can't read). She actually.. didn't lie to Tai. she voted Aubrey. And you know, did do what she said. so. she theoretically has an in with Tai. but she lost Aubrey. unless she goes to her and goes she needed to vote out Sarah because she has all these weapons but the thing blew up and she needed to write someone's name, and she couldn't do Michalea. (why not troyzan i dunno). 

I mean... it sounds convoulted in my head but I think she could pull it off. but man. she really effed up there. 

I also 
1: hate the broken telephone and 
B: really miss seeing camp life. this show is literally become just about challenges and tribal. not the whole pie. 

• Love 15

Six people left and next week is the finale?  Not much of a send off for the remaining booted players. Don't blink!  For such a frantic episode this week with 2 eliminations it was pretty boring.  So there are still 3 idols plus the legacy advantage to be played next epi. That's going to be frustrating that players who are playing hard will have little control. I hate that Troy and Tai who are cruising along without doing anything are guaranteed further time in the game while Brad and Aubry and Cirie have to rely on their skills to avoid the boot.  It cheapens the game in my opinion.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm so over the editing on this show. It's one thing to try to make it suspenseful, it's another thing to not show the viewers anything and leave them completely confused. Where the hell did the Michaela boot come from? 

Yes. This x 100 tonight. Usually I follow the decisions okay after the fact, but tonight? No. I mean, the Andrea boot was a no-brainer, but the Michaela boot I do not understand.

And enough with the whispering at TC. Shut that down, Probst.

Maybe the allergy meds made me grumpier and less able to follow than usual, but I really felt like it was the show.

• Love 14

OK, that sucked on two levels.

First, my favorite got voted out and my second favorite imploded spectacularly throughout the episode.

Secondly, that was so fucking rushed and was not well enough developed.  Why did Cirie flip on the first vote?  What the hell happened in general with the second vote.  Why did any of that happen?  Ugh.  Too many damn advantages.

But let's think about this strategically for a minute, you're Cirie, you will win basically any jury vote against any combination of humans who would ever find themselves playing Survivor.  What you need are loyal allies who will allow you to get to the end.  Sarah has flipped every second vote, Tai cannot be trusted because he talks too much, Brad and Troy are against you.  Which leaves you with Aubry, Michaela, and Andrea.  Michaela is effectively your puppet.  Andrea is important to this because she's the best challenge competitor on this season.  Second is probably Brad, who as previously mentioned, is against you.  So you need Andrea at least until you boot Brad.

JUST BOOT BRAD.  Then you're at 7 and Andrea is the obvious threat so you're at worst through to six with two strong allies, which is a good place to be (idols not withstanding).

And then she continued the implosion by not reading the advantage all the way through and lost her puppet and Sarah's trust.  Just an awful couple days for Cirie.

Which means I think I'm rooting for Aubry.  And then Cirie by default, because after that things get dire.  I really do not like Sarah.  Brad is a jerk and it came out here.  Troy is a non-entity but a total creep and asshole from his first season.  And Tai is just aimless and wishy washy.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

These two eliminations episodes seem so rushed. 

Andrea getting the boot didn't surprise me but I don't know where the Michaela vote came from. I hate when they play telephone at TC. They should make a rule that you can't do that, it's annoying. I thought Sarah would vote off Cirie. Cirie didn't do what Sarah wanted her to do which was just hold the advantage, not use it. 

I was expecting Cirie, too, or even Sarah, which I would have loved.  At least she used her advantage right.  But I didn't like her arrogance tonight.  She doesn't really come off well, personality wise.  She seems to think moves alone will get her the win.  She's screwing a lot of people over.

I doubt we've seen the last of the game of telephone, TC style.  The first time it happened this season, Jeff's eyes and smile were so wide that I thought it was going to engulf his face.  When I saw Sarah get up, I thought "please say she's breaking tradition and going to vote before Jeff said so."  Like I said, I hope she felt stupid tonight when she saw that Tai really was after her.

• Love 6

It's not satisfying to me to see a plan fall apart because the players don't understand the rules. We don't have the full story for what happened, but it seems like it should have been clear to production that Cirie didn't get what "non-transferable" meant in this context and they could have clarified. On the other hand, it seemed like a much less stupid move for Sarah to make once we knew no one could use the vote except for her.

I'm confused about how the vote ended up being Michaela after that.

• Love 18

So, this is interesting -- we essentially saw the first post-merge "solid six, line-drawn-in-concrete" reunite. And as others have said, that's why they showed Michaela pissing off Brad in the first part of the hour. Foreshadowing.

I still don't understand why they didn't vote out Cirie, unless it was "she can't win a challenge, can get rid of her at any time."

Unless Cirie or Aubry pulls this off, the "90% of winners are in the majority at the first vote of the merge" statistic is going to be right. Again.

• Love 7

They shouldn't have voted off Michaela. She isn't liked by anyone so she could have given any of the survivors in the f2 a 50% chance of winning. The perfect people to bring with you is Michaela and Troyzan. Troyzan has no gameplay just going wherever the wind takes him.

They should have gotten rid of Culpepper during the 1st TC. IDK what's wrong with them, he's an immunity threat and could possibly take it but please NO.

If the advantage is nontransferable then why was Sierra able to give it away to Sarah? These rules are just getting ridiculous. Sometimes it's best to go back to basics.

• Love 10

The only possible, momentary explanation we could have for why Michaela was voted out was the scene between her and Brad when she told him to go fishing.  That's the ONLY thing we got to explain it.  Otherwise, why do you not target Cirie after her plotting got exposed during tribal council?  She's obviously a bigger threat than Michaela.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, SourK said:

It's not satisfying to me to see a plan fall apart because the players don't understand the rules. We don't have the full story for what happened, but it seems like it should have been clear to production that Cirie didn't get what "non-transferable" meant in this context and they could have clarified. On the other hand, it seemed like a much less stupid move for Sarah to make once we knew no one could use the vote except for her.

I'm confused about how the vote ended up being Michaela after that.

See. and now i am thinking this is dumb. because EVERYTHING in this game is transferrable. 
You can win an idol. you can give the idol to someone else
You can win a reward. you can give the reward to someone else. 
You can find a HII - you can give the HII to someone else. 
You can get a legacy advantage - you can WILL that to someone else. 

but you can't give someone your "steal a vote" thingy?

and honestly. ....I think Sarah was too reactionary to this. (I mean to be fair, I would be TOO lol) but i mean just play along with it. Cirie (to this point) HASN'T lied to you. these ppl haven't seen steal a vote (maybe). and then Cirie still gives Sarah back the vote, and goes see. but whatever. 

I'm with Lady Chatts at this point. i'm over this season. 

• Love 20
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

If the advantage is nontransferable then why was Sierra able to give it away to Sarah? These rules are just getting ridiculous. Sometimes it's best to go back to basics.

The Legacy Advantage is transferable after the holder gets voted out.  So Sierra could "will" it to Sarah.  It's Sarah's steal-a-vote advantage that is nontransferable.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

They shouldn't have voted off Michaela. She isn't liked by anyone so she could have given any of the survivors in the f2 a 50% chance of winning. The perfect people to bring with you is Michaela and Troyzan. Troyzan has no gameplay just going wherever the wind takes him.

They should have gotten rid of Culpepper during the 1st TC. IDK what's wrong with them, he's an immunity threat and could possibly take it but please NO.

That wasn't Sierra's advantage. That was the advantage that was sitting under Michaela at the challenge a few episodes back.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

It can't be transferred within the game but if the holder is voted out it can be willed to someone else.

After all the discussion last week Sarah confirmed that her confused look at Sierra's boot was deliberate so Sierra would will her the advantage. I didn't think she was that clever.

• Love 9

So Sarah voted out an ally (Michaela) because she was passed at . . .Cirie, who was trying to save her from herself?  I hope she feels foolish when she sees how this went down. 

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Unless Cirie or Aubry pulls this off, the "90% of winners are in the majority at the first vote of the merge" statistic is going to be right. Again.

I think Aubry is either always on the wrong side of the vote, or even if she's not, she has no idea what the vote is.  Not sure if she's ever been on the right side. I have a bad memory and I don't really care.

DAEhKHyUAAAcytr.jpg

I thought I liked Michaela, but I was really, really, really happy and relieved when the vote was read.  That means that my allegiance was to Tai.  (And I do like her, I just really didn't need her in the game anymore.) I had no idea what was going on and I thought he was in danger. He's obviously told / shown a lot that we are not privy to.

Cirie looked ill at the vote.  Guess she really didn't know what was going on, both with the advantage and with the vote.  The mistake was so stupid that I thought she was faking it?  But I guess she really did make the mistake.

Sarah is ready to throw everything down to stick with Tai......  I thought the last half was a GREAT episode.  I was on pins and needles.  I just didn't really understand the last 15 minutes.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Which means I think I'm rooting for Aubry.  And then Cirie by default, because after that things get dire.  I really do not like Sarah.  Brad is a jerk and it came out here.  Troy is a non-entity but a total creep and asshole from his first season.  And Tai is just aimless and wishy washy.

Yeah. I gotta say I'm Team Aubry. I still think Sarah's backstabbing will bite her with the jury if she gets to FTC. Tai won't win, but he doesn't deserve the crap I've seen about him either. Troy this season got stuck in a bad place and has actually done a good job with it. He has an idol no one knows about. People like him. He's won at least two individual immunities, I think, and he's managed to stay off the target list. Whether or not he can win depends on making it to FTC and who he's there with. I still think Brad both learned a lot from his first go around and is getting a good edit. I'm just not sure if it's a winning edit or if it's just because omg, he's Mr. Football.

Love Cirie, but no one is letting her near that FTC.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Oh also, I know I'm a sucker for her, but damn Andrea was pretty on the jury.

She looked so gorgeous with her outfit and Her Hair flapping Hubba Hubba

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

That puzzle deserved to be kicked.

What did she do wrong with it?  I didn't even notice.

@MsBlueJay, that was my expression during that TC.  Sit down everyone!

Didn't Michaela know about the LA?  I wish she had thrown Sarah under the bus and told everyone that she had it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I still think Brad both learned a lot from his first go around and is getting a good edit. I'm just not sure if it's a winning edit or if it's just because omg, he's Mr. Football.

Yeah, that sounds like text book Survivor. 

Although I'm still hoping Cirie can win on the fact that everyone likes her.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Archery said:

So Sarah voted out an ally (Michaela) because she was passed at . . .Cirie, who was trying to save her from herself?  I hope she feels foolish when she sees how this went down. 

The only thing I can figure out is that Troy told Tai they were voting Michaela and Tai told Sarah (or Troy told her directly). Sarah stole Tai's vote in case he has an idol and she could get him to waste one, but she then cast two votes for Michaela, knowing that Brad and Troy plus those two votes would send Michaela home AND that there was no way Michaela had an idol or would suspect it. Plus she would get to see how Aubry and Cirie voted.

So Sarah went with the safe vote... maybe? That's all I got.

• Love 14

I was wondering if the vote went to Michaela because Sarah decided to show Cirie that she did trust her by not voting her out - but also that she wasn't going to leave her with a free ally.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't understand what Cirie's original goal was.  If she was turning on Sarah, then why not vote Sarah out?  

Theoretically, Cirie's goal was to save Sarah from herself.  Cirie trusts Aubry and Sarah doesn't.  Cirie wanted Tai out and she wanted to do it in a way to dodge any possible Tai idol.  So she wanted to steal her ally's vote to bluff that she was turning on her so that Tai wouldn't play an idol.  It was a really clever, Cirie-ish plan, but she forgot to read the rules.

• Love 19
(edited)

All the "Cirie is the greatest of all time" talk needs to be put to rest forever now.  She was stupid on so many different levels tonight 

Sarah is also an idiot, but everyone else seems to be an even bigger idiot, so she might win.

I am now rooting for Troyzan because he seems like the only one smart enough to just hold onto his idol and not blab to everyone about it 

Brad's profanity after winning the immunity challenge was idiotic.  Why piss off all the people you hope will be on the jury, without even blindsiding them or voting them out.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Theoretically, Cirie's goal was to save Sarah from herself.  Cirie trusts Aubry and Sarah doesn't.  Cirie wanted Tai out and she wanted to do it in a way to dodge any possible Tai idol.  So she wanted to steal her ally's vote to bluff that she was turning on her so that Tai wouldn't play an idol.  It was a really clever, Cirie-ish plan, but she forgot to read the rules.

Thank you!  I missed that completely!

• Love 1

As usual, I fell asleep during the episode.  I don't know whether I'm over Survivor, or just hate this season for total boringness.  Finding here that Andrea then Michaela voted out. Blah.  Who will win?  I don't care.

• Love 1