Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E13: Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I couldn't see exactly what was wrong but the very fact that it existed irritated me.  I have nothing against puzzles but when every other challenge has one tacked on the end, then it means that someone like Ozzy or Michaela have no chance of winning -- even though they are phenomenal  athletes -- just because they aren't great at puzzles.  I liked it much better when a challenge is either, endurance, mental, or physical.  Aubry didn't have to do the card stacking thing and then swim a mile.

Caveat: I noticed this only because I've done Mariner's Compass quilts before.

She had her color blocking wrong on the two compass points that pointed up and down.  One side was "clear" (outline but no color in the middle) and the other side was filled in with the outline color.  And she had them reversed so that they didn't match up with the coloring throughout the entire compass point.

• Love 5

The worst part of the Telephone like tribal is the way Tai whispers in people's ears. Dude, you don't have to cup their face with your hands like you're kissing them on the cheek. Whisper in their ear, cup your hands around your mouth, but cradling someone's face in your hands is a little too personal. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

The only thing I took away from this weird episode is that I just really, really cannot stand a single thing about Sarah. 

I thought it was just me.   I don't like her face.   I'm also turned off by lying and conniving in someone who identifies as a police officer.

Does anyone but Cirie and Michaela call her "Officer Sara?"   Maybe it's all innocent and maybe I'm too sensitized by Black Lives Matter, but sometimes I wonder if there's a subtext.

• Love 6

I LMAO when Cirie realized how badly she screwed up, they should have voted her ass off.

Tai is going to give me a heart attack, at some point he's got to play those idols.

• Love 7

I can't remember the last time my favorite won a season. Maybe Tyson? I don't know. Cirie made me mad tonight. First taking out Andrea instead of Brad and then making a fool of herself by not reading the advantage guidelines. I was rooting for her or Andrea to win, but her play knocked her down a peg. I know Aubrey has been pretty non-existent, but she should have won her original season and so I'll root for her  for that reason. 

• Love 7

I'm officially on the show has got off the rails team now. 

There are 6 players left. So, conceivably Tai could give an Idol to someone, troyzan could play his, Sarah has to use the legacy advantage and Brad could win immunity. Leaving only one person they could vote off. 

Enough with all the extra advantages. 

• Love 19

I missed a couple of minutes and have no idea how Cirie got Sarah's advantage in the first place and then had to give it back to Sarah.  Would someone give me the play-by-play on that?  Saw the rest of the show.  Thank you!

• Love 1

Best part of the episode is we're one hour closer to this season being over. Not a big fan. Lost most of the big personalities early. Too many secret advantages and idols that mess with the gameplay. Sarah has been the best player but she bores me to tears. Haven't seen an edit telegraph a winner this blatantly in a long time.  

This ep in particular just felt rushed with the double boot. Didn't really flush out all the angles before tribals, but whatever. 

Andrea gets blindsided out of the game every time she plays. I swear. Cmon girl.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Cutty said:

This ep in particular just felt rushed with the double boot. Didn't really flush out all the angles before tribals, but whatever. 

Andrea gets blindsided out of the game every time she plays. I swear. Cmon girl.

Speaking of Andrea and double-boot episodes, the last time she was blindsided out of the game was also in a double-boot episode.  Apropos of nothing, I thought I'd bring that up.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I can't remember the last time my favorite won a season. Maybe Tyson? I don't know. Cirie made me mad tonight. First taking out Andrea instead of Brad and then making a fool of herself by not reading the advantage guidelines. I was rooting for her or Andrea to win, but her play knocked her down a peg. I know Aubrey has been pretty non-existent, but she should have won her original season and so I'll root for her  for that reason. 

I thought the really, really foolish thing that Cirie did was to hand the advantage back to Sarah when Sarah asked for it. Didn't she realize that couldn't possibly do her any good and would only be harmful to her or to her closest ally (Michaela)?

And I don't understand Michaela's actions. She seemed so happy in her goodbye speech - giggling like a little girl who got a free ice cream cone.

I suppose I could be wrong. But I don't think she realized exactly what happened and whose fault it was that she got voted out. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

I missed a couple of minutes and have no idea how Cirie got Sarah's advantage in the first place and then had to give it back to Sarah.  Would someone give me the play-by-play on that?  Saw the rest of the show.  Thank you!

Tai told Aubry that he was thinking of voting Sarah out.  Aubry told Cirie, who took it back to Sarah.  Sarah, however, had her doubts and believed Aubry was lying.  As a good will gesture, she gave Cirie her advantage in case she got voted out, so then Cirie would have it.  That was also to show how much faith Sarah had in Cirie.

Cirie was convinced Sarah was going home, and planned on double crossing her and using her vote steal to take Tai's vote away, believing that it would still reveal that they planned on voting for Sarah, but by not having Tai's vote, Sarah would be spared.  Unfortunately, Cirie didn't read the fine print on the advantage.  When she pulled it out at TC, Sarah immediately said that she had only given it to her as a good will gesture, and that Cirie couldn't take it from her.  Jeff had Cirie read the instructions, said Sarah was right, and she asked for it back right then.  She then ended up using it, and taking Tai's vote.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Like Amanda in Micronesia, I'm livid!  How on earth could this have been a one hour double elimination!?  Andrea should get an epic sendoff, the craziness of the second tribal should have been like the Malcolm vote...they killed all interest and excitement in all that went on this episode, for no reason!

tumblr_inline_opjuq5ZrNn1reygjb_540.gif

I haven't read the thread yet, will be back with more thoughts, but I'm just angry right now.  PS voting out Andrea was a stupid move that Cirie would have regretted even if she hadn't screwed herself over so bad because of weird Survivor fine print that should not exist.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I don't get all the Culpepper hate or Michaela love. Honestly, the more I see of Michaela the more I dislike her. She didn't ask Brad to go fishing, she told him. Demanded that he go fishing. And I believe Brad's point was she was basically telling him, "If you fish for us we might keep you."  Way to win friends and influence people.

I wondered if she was trying to convey something else because her deliberate enunciation in that scene carried such a heavy whiff of There's Always Money In The Banana Stand.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Was this initially supposed to be two separate episodes, but because of the late start to the season, they edited it into one?  Just seemed like a weird double boot ep, but this whole season the editing and pace has been a mess.

They know how many episodes are in the season before they start. They also have more contestants than episodes in case someone has to leave on a medical, or, quits the game, so that they still have a Tribal Council even if someone walks off. 

If no one quits or is evacuated, they will have to do at least one double elimination episode somewhere. They usually put it at an obvious vote or pagonging, to move the show along. This year, I guess Andrea's elimination was just the least interesting in terms of game play for the winner's arc, however that ends up. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

Am I the only person who’s tired of hearing the phrase “building a resume” when talking about the game of Survivor?

How's about, "target on my back"?

What is it about that phrase that makes everyone repeat it from the first time it is said forever more? There has to be many other ways to say that. I wonder. What is it about some phrases like that (many others too like, "thrown under the bus") make them instantly universally spoken forever more?

It's not just that they are used forever more. But that no other phrase is ever used. Not even the most simplest. Such as, "I'm a target" or "I'm in danger"?

• Love 2

Thank you, LadyChatts.  I'm confused about a couple of things:  did both Sarah and Cirie not know what the fine print said?  Otherwise, why did Sarah give Cirie the advantage in the first place if it wasn't transferable?  I hear that it was a good will gesture but what was the gesture really?  

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, Mrsmom said:

Well that certainly was interesting and since I really don't have a clue what happened I'll just say this....What the hell does Tai do next week!!!

Same thing he does every week. He gets really scared and nervous. He worries about his idols. Then he does anything that anyone tells him to do.  If he has any chance to flip flop, he will not think twice. He will flip flop in a heart beat. Then, when he gets called out for being a Flipper or a Flopper (or both), he will just sit and stare into the camera and blink his eyes as if he cannot understand just what he could have possibly done wrong.  He will act like a total innocent.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

I suppose I could be wrong. But I don't think she realized exactly what happened and whose fault it was that she got voted out. 

I don't think that we know what happened and whose fault it was either due to this new 'telephone' play at tribals. I know Probst just loves it but it really gives the shaft to the viewers trying to make sense of it all.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

It looked like things didn't line up perfectly.

I found it funny though that Jeff REALLY studied Michaela's but literally glanced at his man crush, Brad's.

And 2nd best face of the night was Brad's eyeroll during the 1st vote for Andrea. OMG I had to rewind it and watch again

Michaela's black and white points on the star were misaligned.  She actually wasn't even that close 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Thank you, LadyChatts.  I'm confused about a couple of things:  did both Sarah and Cirie not know what the fine print said?  Otherwise, why did Sarah give Cirie the advantage in the first place if it wasn't transferable?  I hear that it was a good will gesture but what was the gesture really?  

Sarah gave it to Cirie to hold it as good faith.  Cirie took it upon herself to try to play it when that wasn't Sarah's intent.

And I hope somehow this doesn't blow back on Cirie because I do not like Sarah.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I was watching Andrea on PEN and she said this season wasn't as much fun as before. Everyone was in such game mode (just like her) that everyone forgot to have fun. I think that's true for most returnee seasons. It's all business and leave the friendship at the door. That's what MillvsX was so much fun. They were all newbies playing a game and having fun while doing it. 

This is why I hate returning players in the game. Probst loves it, so we're obviously in for more of them in the future. But newcomers, who have no idea what they will be feeling after 2 or 3 weeks with no food, are so much more enjoyable to watch. There are huge numbers of people wanting to be on the show. There's no reason to bring people back a second, third, fourth time. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Tai told Aubry that he was thinking of voting Sarah out.  Aubry told Cirie, who took it back to Sarah.  Sarah, however, had her doubts and believed Aubry was lying.  As a good will gesture, she gave Cirie her advantage in case she got voted out, so then Cirie would have it.  That was also to show how much faith Sarah had in Cirie.

Cirie was convinced Sarah was going home, and planned on double crossing her and using her vote steal to take Tai's vote away, believing that it would still reveal that they planned on voting for Sarah, but by not having Tai's vote, Sarah would be spared.  Unfortunately, Cirie didn't read the fine print on the advantage.  When she pulled it out at TC, Sarah immediately said that she had only given it to her as a good will gesture, and that Cirie couldn't take it from her.  Jeff had Cirie read the instructions, said Sarah was right, and she asked for it back right then.  She then ended up using it, and taking Tai's vote.

I thought Cirie said she was going to steal Sarah's vote to save Sarah, which made no sense to me.

I thought her whole plan was very poorly thought out.

1) She didn't read the fine print 

2) Sarah was probably going to be pissed at her and not trust her even if the plan worked.  She double crossed her and even if it was "for her own good", it is rather sneaky and condescending to do that.

If Sarah had to be saved from herself by Cirie, it would have been a resume killer for Sarah.  If Sarah is not furious with Cirie, she is an idiot.

Sarah was foolish to give the advantage to Cirie, even if she knew it was non-transferable 

1) Since Cirie thought it was transferable she had every reason to vote out Sarah so she could keep it.  

2) Cirie finding out that Sarah apparently deceived her about the advantage is not going to help her alliance with Cirie and could hurt her if she makes it to FTC and Cirie is on the jury.

3) She might have needed it at TC only to find out that Cirie had left it at camp.

These players are playing WAY too hard and outsmarting themselves.  I think they have swallowed too much of Probst's "game changers" Kook Aid.

I would love to hear somebody respond to his nonsense by saying, "I'm not here to be a game changer, I am here to be a game winner."

• Love 7
(edited)

I haven't yet read through all the comments, so forgive me if this has been stated...I am a die-hard Survivor fan and am truly struggling with this season.

I thought a game with all returning players might be interesting in terms of strategy, based on the fact that many of them know each other outside the game.  But what I'm finding instead appears to be a game of "pretend" Survivor, where everyone is playing dress-up, strategy is disjointed and awkward, and even Jeff can't be bothered to ask semi-interesting questions at TC.  In addition the editing seems wonky, the scenes are choppy, and the player's emotions don't appear genuine for some reason.  Even the jury seems bored.  It's like they are playing the game when they've already collectively decided who is going to win. 

And that's difficult for me to write.  I adore my Survivor.  This season, though...not feeling it anymore.  I am bum-puzzled.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

These players are playing WAY too hard and outsmarting themselves.  I think they have swallowed too much of Probst's "game changers" Kook Aid.

Gosh yes, I thought my head was going to explode while trying to follow Cirie's reasoning last night and I was relieved to find that it wasn't me, it was her.  Yet, I still think she's a very smart woman and one of the best to ever play the game.  The other players are extremely unpredictable this year, Sarah refused to believe that  Aubry was telling the truth, while Cirie knew it was true, and Cirie was frustrated and exhausted. Who among us has never come to the bottom of a page of instructions and yada yada'd the end?

I'm still rooting for Sarah.  All the things that irritate other people, the wide armed stance, the slack jaw, I find endearing for some reason.

• Love 10
Just now, JudyObscure said:

Gosh yes, I thought my head was going to explode while trying to follow Cirie's reasoning last night and I was relieved to find that it wasn't me, it was her.  Yet, I still think she's a very smart woman and one of the best to ever play the game.  The other players are extremely unpredictable this year, Sarah refused to believe that  Aubry was telling the truth, while Cirie knew it was true, and Cirie was frustrated and exhausted. Who among us has never come to the bottom of a page of instructions and yada yada'd the end?

I'm still rooting for Sarah.  All the things that irritate other people, the wide armed stance, the slack jaw, I find endearing for some reason.

I think Sarah has greatly reduced the biting insect problem in camp, as I believe about 80% of them are flying into her mouth.  

• Love 12

All the confusion for viewers over what transpired during the tribal councils could have been resolved if TPTB had not crammed two episodes into one.  As one of the strongest players Andrea deserved an episode showing how she was booted, and with all the craziness of the advantage and whispering we should have been given more information about what led to Michaela going.  I still don't know who was the intended target before it all went pear shaped.

• Love 7

Sarah isn't my favorite, but the woman has good game play.  Despite looking like a stranded big mouth bass all the time, she has brains & works on her  strategy.   I still don't want her to win though.

My girl Cirie is in trouble. So is Aubry.  There are too many Idols and Immunity plays out there, and they ain't got one of 'em.  Tai has 2, Troy has 1.  Brad can win challenges easily. Sarah has her 'legacy' immunity.  That leaves Aubry and Cirie as the un-Immune sitting ducks.  sigh.  Maybe Tai can be sweet talked into giving up one of his idols???  What's the expiration date on those anyway?  At 5? Or 4 or 3?

I don't feel one way or the other about Brad, but it would gall me if he ends up winning after not doing much "Outwitting".  I do not want to see his tears and his praising of Jesus and his other Savior, Saint Monica, for divinely granting him the win.  If an alpha male wins, I may as well not bother to record the Reunion since all the time will be spent on him.  And I am not looking forward to seeing a Cochran cameo appearance either.  But he will be singled out of the audience for two reasons; 1) to expose his role as Debbie's "advisor" while on Exile & 2) to embarrass/shame Aubry for making the boyfriend comment.  Probst will spend 5 minutes asking the two of them if there is a chance for romance and other icky annoying stuff.  I wonder if he will mention how Aubry crushed Cochran's "record" time in the card house challenge?

• Love 11

Well. That was a confusing episode. 

The first boot was fairly expected. Andrea had been on the radar for a few weeks now, and I think Cirie is looking at the jury and realizing she doesn't want to sit next to such a strong player, who hasn't pissed too many people off, at the end. Smart move, probably. 

I did think it was interesting that Andrea felt she had a great bond with Sarah, but Sarah said she couldn't stand Andrea. 

I was glad to see Aubry finally DO something this season, and win immunity. But she was clearly only the outside of that vote. And I think that's where she's been a lot of this season. I had such high hopes for her after her first time, but she just can't seem to find her niche this time. 

The second vote, though. I was super confused. At first I thought Cirie had a pretty brilliant plan. But, damn girl, read the fine print. I was surprised SHE didn't get sent packing after that all blew up in her face. But when it was Michaela who got sent home....when I hadn't seen her name discussed even once, I was super confused. When Sarah took Tai's vote, I figured she'd realized that Cirie was right about him, and they were going to vote him out. SO yea, I was just a bit flummoxed. 

The chaos at the tribals this season are fun for about a minute (I did enjoy watching Zeke counting from the jury, trying to suss things out), but it's just too much. All the whispering back and forth. Troyzan trying to eavesdrop. "Slide to the side!" WE have no idea what's going on, so it's not really fun anymore. When Aubry just pulled her buff up over her head, I was with her. 

• Love 7

I have no idea what happened because the episode was far too rushed. So I have nothing to say except that there is no way that these episodes should have been jammed together. They failed to show two reward challenges and we all know that those are important to the game. I have no idea why people voted the way that they did because there was no time spent on the political element of the game.

Awful episode. Not enough information, far too rushed, complete bullshit.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I thought Cirie said she was going to steal Sarah's vote to save Sarah, which made no sense to me.

It made sense to me. Cirie knew Tai was wanting Sarah out. Sarah didn't believe her. So she'd use Sarah's vote to get another vote against Tai and ask for forgiveness later. Although, I guess I'm not sure how she would prove that Tai was after Sarah, but maybe once the show aired she'd forgive her? LOL

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Sarah gave it to Cirie to hold it as good faith.  Cirie took it upon herself to try to play it when that wasn't Sarah's intent.

And I hope somehow this doesn't blow back on Cirie because I do not like Sarah.  

But the part I don't understand is that Sarah clearly told Cirie that she was giving it to her in case she (Sarah) got voted out so that if that were the case, at least Cirie would have it.   If Sarah had indeed gotten voted out, then I don't think Cirie could have used it because as it says, it is "nontransferable".

I am not sure if Sarah is smart enough to realise that.  Unless she was just playing Cirie and knew that was a meaningless gesture.

I think I understand Cirie's intent now.  She knew Sarah didn't believe her that Tai wanted her out, so was going to use Sarah's vote to vote for Tai and get Tai out.  What I don't get is that Cirie ended up voting for Aubrey.  Did she change her mind after everything blew up?

I still don't get why Sarah decided to vote for Michaela over Troyzan.  To punish Cirie?  Because she thinks Michaela is a threat?   I don't disagree that Michaela is a threat but it would have been nice to have gotten some reasoning.   That came out of nowhere.

Also, I know it's probably inevitable, because Jeff loves her, but I don't need to see Michaela again.  She's nowhere near as smart as she thinks she is.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I think I understand Cirie's intent now.  She knew Sarah didn't believe her that Tai wanted her out, so was going to use Sarah's vote to vote for Tai and get Tai out.

What I still don't understand is how Cirie didn't think Tai would play one of his two idols, when she told him he was in danger (which would negate the possibility of him going home). Like, that's the first thing I'd do. Did she not care if the blowback from the idol is on Sarah?

11 minutes ago, blackwing said:

But the part I don't understand is that Sarah clearly told Cirie that she was giving it to her in case she (Sarah) got voted out so that if that were the case, at least Cirie would have it.   If Sarah had indeed gotten voted out, then I don't think Cirie could have used it because as it says, it is "nontransferable".

I am not sure if Sarah is smart enough to realise that.  Unless she was just playing Cirie and knew that was a meaningless gesture.

Sarah immediately brought up that the advantage was non-transferable at TC. So I think she had to know that when she gave it to Cirie. So I can only conclude that she was well aware Cirie could never do anything with it and was just using it as a way to get what she wanted from Cirie. 

4 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

What I still don't understand is how Cirie didn't think Tai would play one of his two idols, when she told him he was in danger (which would negate the possibility of him going home). Like, that's the first thing I'd do. Did she not care if the blowback from the idol is on Sarah?

I think she thought that by telling Tai about the advantage and how she planned to use it to save him, he'd be confident enough not to play his Idol. I actually really wish the advantage WAS transferable, because I'd have liked to see how that would have all played out. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Thanks, @ghoulina. I still think that was the major flaw in her plan. That by alerting him to the fact that he was in danger, she was taking a huge risk that he wouldn't play his idol. Like, if someone tells me the Titanic hit the iceberg, and there are lifeboats available, I'm not gonna think "I'll just stay on the boat -- I'm sure the crew has it under control."

I'm getting a "Hannah in mvgx" vibe to Cirie's edit now. Like, all this bragging about these big plans that we're supposed to find irritating, not impressive ("Why wouldn't you read the fine-print?" as the new "Why would you vote out Sunday?"). A more personal-centered story (Look! She can do challenges!) I don't think these editors know how to edit women who know how to play, but don't win, without a negative slant. I could be very wrong, of course.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Thanks, @ghoulina. I still think that was the major flaw in her plan. That by alerting him to the fact that he was in danger, she was taking a huge risk that he wouldn't play his idol. Like, if someone tells me the Titanic hit the iceberg, and there are lifeboats available, I'm not gonna think "I'll just stay on the boat -- I'm sure the crew has it under control."

Yea, fair point. I think her reasoning was sort of a, "Better you hear it from me first" kind of thing. It was possible Tai would hear his name from someone else at some point. I'm guessing Cirie thought that if she got to him first and could assure him there was a save-Tai plan in place, he wouldn't use his Idol. Because the thing is, the advantage had to be played BEFORE voting. The Idol can be played after. If Cirie played it at TC, he might have gotten paranoid and played an Idol. But since she talked to him beforehand, warned him, he might hold onto it. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It made sense to me. Cirie knew Tai was wanting Sarah out. Sarah didn't believe her. So she'd use Sarah's vote to get another vote against Tai and ask for forgiveness later. Although, I guess I'm not sure how she would prove that Tai was after Sarah, but maybe once the show aired she'd forgive her? LOL

But why steal Sarah's vote instead of Tai's or someone else in his alliance?  Even if Tai and Sarah were both going to vote for the same person  (Aubry?) stealing Sarah's vote, with the advantage she gave her, would seem much shadier and condescending to Sarah.  "I stole Tai's vote, for you own good." would seem a lot easier to sell than "I stole your vote for your own good."

Honestly, with Cirie thinking the advantage was transferable, the "smart" move would have been to get Sarah voted out.  

I wonder what would have happened if Cirie had burned Sarah's steal a vote.  It said it could not be stolen and was non-transferable, but could a person you willingly gave it to, destroy it or hide it from you?

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But why steal Sarah's vote instead of Tai's or someone else in his alliance?  Even if Tai and Sarah were both going to vote for the same person  (Aubry?) stealing Sarah's vote, with the advantage she gave her, would seem much shadier and condescending to Sarah.  "I stole Tai's vote, for you own good." would seem a lot easier to sell than "I stole your vote for your own good."

That DOES make more sense. My only guess would be that Cirie felt more confident in who Sarah was voting for, but maybe not Tai or anyone else?

• Love 2

Stealing Sarah's vote negates whoever Sarah was going to vote for (which was not Tai), and also doubles Cirie's vote (for Tai). Stealing Tai's vote would let Sarah add some other name to the mix, making it more possible for some other person besides Tai to go home.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm really glad Andrea is gone. I don't know why but I just could never warm to her in any of her seasons.

Meeee toooo! Finally, Andrea's huge head and huge ego are out, out, out!

After her ginormous mistake, I hope Cirie can stay in the game and get rid of Sarah and Aubrey. Go Cirie!

Now I know why I dislike Culpepper so much. His behavior after winning immunity was juvenile. It's a wonder he didn't prance around saying "nanny nanny boo boo," and picking his nose and trying to wipe it on other players.  He's such an ass.

The thing I'm worried about is that if Aubrey is in the final 3, she'll win. If Cirie miraculously makes it to the end, Aubrey will probably beat her, and that would a tragedy of epic proportions! I like Aubrey well enough, but she's no Cirie. Also, Aubrey's a Cochran fan, and that's a real turnoff for me.

Edited by Dominii
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Because Cirie put on an entire act to convince Tai she was saving him by playing this advantage in order to convince him to trust her and not play an idol. If Cirie then steals Tai's vote, she undoes all that work. If she had been able to use the advantage, she steals Sarah's vote and uses it to vote for Tai (plus her own vote, plus Aubry and Michaela), while Tai is voting for Sarah and assuming Cirie is saving him. Afterwards Sarah realizes Tai voted for her and Cirie stole her vote and voted out the guy gunning for her.

(ETA: I feel like I just summarized a soap opera plot.)

That was the plan that the fine print foiled. And I think there was a good chance Tai would have held on to his idol and trusted Cirie, because he really wants to make sure to use them when he needs them.

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

As a good will gesture, she gave Cirie her advantage in case she got voted out, so then Cirie would have it.  That was also to show how much faith Sarah had in Cirie.

I thought that was incredibly dumb of Sarah.  Immediately after she herself voted out Sierra, because Sierra had promised to will Sarah her Legacy Advantage.  Sarah turns around and puts Cirie in that same position of thinking, "Gee, if Sarah gets voted out tonight I get to keep her Legacy Advantage."  What on earth made Sarah think Cirie was more trustworthy than she herself was?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I would be ok with Michaela kicking Debbie if she's still mad when she gets to Ponderosa.

I would be just fine with Michaela kicking EVERYONE. They were pretty awful to her.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I think Cirie bought into the hype that she's a great player.

Yep. She always does that and that's why I didn't like her in her 2nd or 3rd appearances. I haven't liked her this season either, but for a couple weeks I was into the 5 women alliance. Anyway, this ep was SO bad for Cirie. She just made mistake after mistake. And they were like colossally bad mistakes. Voting out Andrea at that time was just completely short-sighted. And it was done because Cirie was so fucking cocky about her chances of winning. And then her act to Tai was just badly done and she only did it because she believes her own hype. And then not reading the advantage rules. I mean come on now! And again, she didn't read them because she got so high on her supposed brilliance. It was all actually kind of gratifying for me because I think Cirie is vastly overrated.

7 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I'm confused about a couple of things: 

We all are lol.

Sarah is playing well but I just do not like her. And there's no specific reason I can point to for why. She just irritates and bores me simultaneously.

Ah, there's the Brad I know and loathe. His true colors coming out when things aren't going his way anymore. Asshole.

This episode perfectly showed why Tai is so frustrating and annoying for me. His absolute confusion over how anyone could possibly ever vote him out annoys the hell outta me. He did that last season, too. Now if he didn't get it because he knows how abysmal he is as a player and that he never has and never will have a chance to win it'd be one thing, but I get the feeling it's because he just thinks he's so lovable that no one could ever want him gone. Save me with that bullshit. I was praying he'd get voted out with 2 idols. That'd be fun!

Andrea is spectacularly bad a reading people lol. I still love her though.

At this point I don't really give a shit, but the person I'd least hate to see win is probably Aubry. If only for her amazing facial expressions. And because she pulled her buff over her face at that ridiculous TC.

The editing for this season is really bad.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

I really need to know why Tai feels so secure week after week.  Dude is Teflon.  Is he self-aware enough to realize everyone considers him to be a goat?  I really thought he was going home with 2 idols but then the confusing Michaela vote.  Why vote out the other "goat?". No one was awarding Michaela the million.  

Ugh.  For a second there, I thought Cirie had pulled off an encore to the legendary Erik vote.  The devil really is in the details.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Dominii said:

I would be just fine with Michaela kicking EVERYONE. They were pretty awful to her.

Michaela was not exactly sunshine and rainbows and ponies to be around either.  I don't think anyone was anymore awful towards her than they have been towards each other.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I hate that we see so little of what happens at camp.

Amen. it was all challenges and Tribal. I miss the old days when we got a lot of the dynamics at camp. I like to see who's fishing, who's keeping things clean, who gets along with whom. It tells you a lot. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

Hated this episode. Hate the entire season since Sandra left. Shouldn't have started watching again. 

I agree 100%, IMO the show went downhill from then on. From the catastrophic move by Varner (that would never have happened with Sandra there) to the now catastrophic move by Cirie. To boot, I really, really dislike Sarah. I think I'm rooting for Brad and Aubrey out of spite.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I thought that was incredibly dumb of Sarah.  Immediately after she herself voted out Sierra, because Sierra had promised to will Sarah her Legacy Advantage.  Sarah turns around and puts Cirie in that same position of thinking, "Gee, if Sarah gets voted out tonight I get to keep her Legacy Advantage."  What on earth made Sarah think Cirie was more trustworthy than she herself was?

It is two different advantages.  The legacy advantage is immunity at 6 players.  It can be willed.  That's what Sierra willed to Sarah.  The steal a vote advantage is the one Sarah found by Michaela's feet during a challenge.  It cannot be willed or, apparently, transferred. 

• Love 7