Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I actually believe his Point B. I never thought there were intentional racial undertones (or overtones) to the snake costume. I think it was an unfortunate choice of words and face mask, but I never believed that he meant what the media and the fans thought it meant. I understand that we're at a point in our society where we're quick to jump up and point out shit like this (hell, I do it when I catch even a whiff of misogyny on this show, which means I never sit down or lower my hand) but I believe this. 

Ugh. I just defended the vile little troll. 

It doesn't have to be deliberate racism for it to be offensive.  I think it showed that he does have some racist attitudes, whether or not he's consciously aware of it. 

The fact that a Black woman called him a snake, and he wanted to respond by dressing and acting like a snake, IN BLACKFACE,  means he has some degree of racist attitude, that came out in his idea of what would be funny.  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, backformore said:

It doesn't have to be deliberate racism for it to be offensive.  I think it showed that he does have some racist attitudes, whether or not he's consciously aware of it. 

The fact that a Black woman called him a snake, and he wanted to respond by dressing and acting like a snake, IN BLACKFACE,  means he has some degree of racist attitude, that came out in his idea of what would be funny.  

I hate Paul but I don't think he's a racist so much as that he's a really really shitty person. We've seen that he does not like being challenged or questioned in ANY way. His response whenever he is questioned is to immediately go below the belt. With Dominique it was tasteless but he was not personally abusive to her, and looking back on all that he did after she was evicted, it was (for him) a relatively mild way to "get back" at someone who questioned him.

His attacks/shunning of Jess, Cody, Mark, Elena, Kevin, and (towards the end) Josh were much uglier and more inexcusable.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, missyb said:

Good TV guide interview with Josh. I always said he was playing from day none. Just harder to see his game .

http://www.tvguide.com/news/big-brother-19-winner-josh-martinez-interview/

Screencap from that interview, just because every second of Paul's reaction is worth Zaprudering:

zzz.jpg.a6e92e4478b4194128c3d9cdf8c5a314.jpg

Obviously the cameras had to be on Josh's triumphant exit and the confetti cannons and everything, but I wish we'd gotten a glimpse of what Paul was doing while he lingered in the house. Getting it all out in one giant sob? Punching a wall? Screaming at the fates? I'd love to know.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, backformore said:

No but I guess my point is that to Paul, it probably didn't matter that it was Dominique. It could have been Jessica, Elena, or any of the other women (and possibly men) that could have called him a snake and he would have done and said the exact same things. If it had been Raven who called him a snake and Paul had said "black face" while referencing his dark grey face mask that he wore in the house, would there be the same uproar? No. It never would have made TMZ. 

But because it was a black woman, it blew up the way it did. And it's not that I think racism isn't a serious problem or a hot topic right now. I'm saying that I'm finding it hard to agree with those people who keep pointing the finger and crying "Racist!" in his direction because of this incident. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that his words had racist connotations? That it might not have been his intent but it was what people perceived? That there's a lesson for him to learn here? (Ha, right? Because it's Paul. He won't learn shit and we all know it.) I understand offense. But elsewhere I've seen outrage, which seems like an inappropriate response to me in the way I read the situation. 

Full disclosure: I'm so white I glow in the dark. And I'm still learning. So I could be wrong. I often am. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Please help, I can't recall this. What was the word Josh used to describe a few HGs to their face and he used it over and over? It is sort of a new word that now became mainstream. It means boring. 

"You're very -----" what? 

Wasn't the word "bland'?

• Love 2
On 9/21/2017 at 1:59 AM, BK1978 said:

It's funny when Josh took Paul to the finals I yelled at my television (yes my life is that sad), "You idiot, you just lost the game!" 

If it makes you feel any better, several interviewers corroborated - the exact same thing happened in the media room during the Finale.  :D

On 9/21/2017 at 2:05 AM, TVFan17 said:

For example, would you want to tell Raven that she is delusional and not a puppet master?  Or would you ask her something specific about one of her maladies to catch her in a fib?   Would you tell Christmas that Paul is not interested in a romance with her, or would you ask her to be clear on how she feels about Paul?  Would you ask Alex why she fixated on Kevin and blamed him for everything, or would you tell her that she was an idiot for nominating Kevin and Raven after Jason got evicted?

I am just curious what you would choose to say to the jurors and F3 if you had the chance to say one thing they might actually see/read?  What statement or question would make the biggest impact?

None.  The egos involved do not recognize criticism as a valid form of communication.  The are perfect, and any suggestion otherwise merely indicates the criticizer is the idiot.

18 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Little troll has some bad-ass Kool-aid.

He doesn't deserve any more cash.

My favorite post-interview was Rob C's interview of Raven, because he was trolling her so hard Fish & Game should've been checking him for a license.  The high point was when Rob - with a totally straight face, mind you - asked Raven a viewer-submitted question: Of all the Kool-Aid Paul served in the House, which was her favorite flavor?

FWOOOMMM!!!  

That'un went sooooo far over Raven's head, it was looking down and seeing birds.

And when Raven actually started struggling trying to answer the question...?  

I think I peed myself.  Just a little.

13 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Is pauling wearing the same shirt?   What dumb ass.  I would never wear the same shirt that I wore when I lost last year.  It's jinxed.  

Both Dr. Will and Rob Cesternino told Paul he should burn that shirt as an obvious jinx.

5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Paul is still obsessed about Cody. You can tell it's eating him up that Cody won America's Favorite HG.

Paul - you're very welcome.  :>

• Love 7

I started to watch the last episode and knowing the outcome makes this a complete joy. At 11:52 right after Paul wins the unicorn comp, he in the most hopeful way, gleefully and with glittery eyes exclaims (in the diary room) that he is getting so close to the win....oh Paul.

• Love 1

The stank face is real. Either that or Paul farted.

4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

My favorite post-interview was Rob C's interview of Raven, because he was trolling her so hard Fish & Game should've been checking him for a license.  The high point was when Rob - with a totally straight face, mind you - asked Raven a viewer-submitted question: Of all the Kool-Aid Paul served in the House, which was her favorite flavor?

FWOOOMMM!!!  

That'un went sooooo far over Raven's head, it was looking down and seeing birds.

And when Raven actually started struggling trying to answer the question...?  

I think I peed myself.  Just a little.

Cherry. Her answer was cherry. I howled. 

I actually just finished watching it and laughed from start to finish. Rob C had the best troll game out of everyone this season. The references to her rough kneecap and inverted spine, her mother's marathon times and Mensa status, and Rob just smiling this little smile and giving the occasional look at the camera like "Yeah, she said that. I know." He almost lost it at the end and I'm so thankful he didn't. Best. Interview. Ever.

As a side note, I normally don't hit up post game social media but damned if I wasn't disappointed to see that Raven's Twitter is still protected and hidden and no comments on her Instagram posts. You know she's been scrolling through the #ravenexposedparty posts on Twitter. Either that or getting an earful from her mom about how she fucked their grifting game. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TheGapper said:

I started to watch the last episode and knowing the outcome makes this a complete joy. At 11:52 right after Paul wins the unicorn comp, he in the most hopeful way, gleefully and with glittery eyes exclaims (in the diary room) that he is getting so close to the win....oh Paul.

I rewatched it yesterday and I agree that it's so enjoyable to watch knowing how it ends. I loved the whole experience so much more on second viewing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

As a side note, I normally don't hit up post game social media but damned if I wasn't disappointed to see that Raven's Twitter is still protected and hidden and no comments on her Instagram posts. You know she's been scrolling through the #ravenexposedparty posts on Twitter. Either that or getting an earful from her mom about how she fucked their grifting game

I check the Survivor Sucks twitter thread. It is an easy way to see what some of them are saying. The down side is dealing with the Survivor Sucks crew and their ridiculousness.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

No but I guess my point is that to Paul, it probably didn't matter that it was Dominique. It could have been Jessica, Elena, or any of the other women (and possibly men) that could have called him a snake and he would have done and said the exact same things. If it had been Raven who called him a snake and Paul had said "black face" while referencing his dark grey face mask that he wore in the house, would there be the same uproar? No. It never would have made TMZ. 

I agree.  I was watching the feeds at the time and when he said the words "black face" it was in reference to wanting his face to be black to look sinister.  

2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I rewatched it yesterday and I agree that it's so enjoyable to watch knowing how it ends. I loved the whole experience so much more on second viewing.

Same here.  It was fun to pause and back up to enjoy some reactions.  I thought they should have done a split screen for AFP but I can't complain!  

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I actually just finished watching it and laughed from start to finish. Rob C had the best troll game out of everyone this season. The references to her rough kneecap and inverted spine, her mother's marathon times and Mensa status, and Rob just smiling this little smile and giving the occasional look at the camera like "Yeah, she said that. I know." He almost lost it at the end and I'm so thankful he didn't. Best. Interview. Ever

Best interview ever!  People are having parties for you!  This interview went over some viewers heads too.  There were rumblings that he was being too soft on her.  

I am not surprised to hear Raven is MIA.  I am sure it didn't go over her mother's head.  I doubt we will hear from her again.  

The media room would have been fun to have seen. 

4 hours ago, Nashville said:
On 9/20/2017 at 11:59 PM, BK1978 said:

It's funny when Josh took Paul to the finals I yelled at my television (yes my life is that sad), "You idiot, you just lost the game!" 

If it makes you feel any better, several interviewers corroborated - the exact same thing happened in the media room during the Finale.  :D

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Paul's and Christmas's post-show interviews are the worst. There is no objectivity or self reflection there at all. They deny everything they did and don't own their behavior. Paul just grumbles making "victim noises."

During the finale, when Paul was answering Elaina's first question, I shrieked to my husband, "oh my god, he's not going to own up to what he did during the Q & A. This might lose the game for him." And according to Alex, it did. 

• Love 14

Really gained more respect for josh by the way he handled his interviews. Loved his response to whether he was shocked at Cody winning AFP.

no , he said. Cody had the whole house against him and was in a showman ce with Jess. Good for Cody he said and congrats to him!

contrast that with Paul's rather insulting response which basically made it seem like the American public are idiots.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 18

Really?  Paul skipped the wrap party?  I remember in seasons past that was all the idiots looked forward to.  I thought it was supposed to be a big deal. By the way- did anyone see any former BB players in the finale audience?  There are usually a few of those there too. 

• Love 2

Kevin's wife is adorable!

DKUSMPaUQAA3mkd.jpg:large

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finale Party was super fun! Glad to meet everyone. Except drunk Christmas! Yikes Oh and Paul did not attend the finale party #BB19

Edited by wings707
  • Love 15

From an ET interview

“I believe everything Raven said in the house,” Matt says. “If she was making that stuff up, that's a heck of a good story, 'cause that is very unique. So, yeah, maybe some of it wasn't true, and I'm assuming she'll let me know if it wasn't. I mean, I did see the scar and the pacemaker, so I'm assuming at least part of that to be true.”

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-big-brother-couple-raven-and-matt-talk-next-steps-respond-exposeravenparty-87826

15 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She really is, wow, I don't look that good after seven French fries, never mind seven babies! 

Edited by Rbonnie
  • Love 9

I hope this season has given permission to future juries, to be bitter.  There is no shame in voting for who you prefer, game play aside.  I don't believe those who said, if Paul had been honest I would have voted for him.   It doesn't change what he did.   You cannot say I was an asshole who fucked with your heads to win.  What he did stung, owned or not.  He over did it. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

So did I. It was so satisfying. I texted my niece about the final yesterday and she was sad Paul lost, but she only watches the broadcast show. I told her all about the live feeds and the bullying and she said if she knew that she would never root for Paul. She also was mystified how Cody won AFP. I am so happy I had the feeds this season.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

Really?  Paul skipped the wrap party?  I remember in seasons past that was all the idiots looked forward to.  I thought it was supposed to be a big deal. By the way- did anyone see any former BB players in the finale audience?  There are usually a few of those there too. 

All of the Revengers minus James and Dan I think (so Davonne, Nicole, Victor, Jesse, Austin, Frankie)

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

From reddit, Paul did not attend the wrap party!  That says it all.  He knows damn well how he lost.  I never heard that he ducked the wrap party when Nicole won.  

Wow, this just shows what a spoiled baby he is. If he doesn’t get what he wants he goes home and sulks.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Finale Party was super fun! Glad to meet everyone. Except drunk Christmas! Yikes Oh and Paul did not attend the finale party #BB19

Are there other wrap party pictures??

Just now, missyb said:

Are there other wrap party pictures??

Not on twitter, that is where I got this one.  And it is outside before going into the party or just as they got into cars to take them there.  I bet they collect their cell phones at the door so no one takes pics or videos.   I remember a short video with Cappy.  That could have been just outside the door.  An HG asked why he was leaving (wrap party.  He answered, I have to go to work tomorrow morning.  No, no he didn't, he was the laughing stock of that season!  He was uncomfortable.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irishsecra said:

Really gained more respect for josh by the way he handled his interviews. Loved his response to whether he was shocked at Cody winning AFP.

no , he said. Cody had the whole house against him and was in a showman ce with Jess. Good for Cody he said and congrats to him!

contrast that with Paul's rather insulting response which basically made it seem like the American public are idiots.

So agree, Josh answered interviews with so much humility and joy. He could see why Cody won AFP. People like an underdog and he knows how they pounded Cody and Jess. He 100% understands it. Paul does not or does not want to admit it.  Such a huge difference in personalities. I never cared for Paul because of his tremendous ego and lack of humility. It was more than overconfidence , it was arrogance. Josh could always look at things from the other side. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, missyb said:

So agree, Josh answered interviews with so much humility and joy. He could see why Cody won AFP. People like an underdog and he knows how they pounded Cody and Jess. He 100% understands it. Paul does not or does not want to admit it.  Such a huge difference in personalities. I never cared for Paul because of his tremendous ego and lack of humility. It was more than overconfidence , it was arrogance. Josh could always look at things from the other side. 

Well, and Josh is savvy enough that even if he's secretly thinking vile things about Cody's winning AFP, he sure as Hell isn't going to be saying that.

I wonder if this is the first time Paul's ever been held accountable by peers. If he is experiencing his first ever adult "just because you want it doesn't mean you're getting it" loss.

• Love 8

https://parade.com/603227/mikebloom/big-brother-19-the-92-days-of-christmas-abbott/

Not much knew but it kind of bothers me she throws shade at Josh for not staying loyal and yet does not admit or say aloud that when Josh told her he was taking her, she could not say the same. What did she expect him to do ? If taking Paul was better for her game, wasn't it better for him too? Yes she says she understands but it bothers me that she is basically calling him disloyal and not true to his word.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 7
On 9/21/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I woke up this morning, still feeling satisfied about Josh's win. Paul's biggest mistake was not managing jury better. If he had just been honest in at least the finale, he probably would have won. But because of his lies, he lost the win and rightfully so.

I will say that an underrated moment was seeing Josh's reaction to winning. I was so focused on Paul as I rewatched that when I finally paid attention to Josh, I couldn't help but feel pleased. That was pure joy right there, and even though Josh got me to hate him and then tolerate him and then like him a little bit, this really made me feel happy about the result. 

Although I also noticed that Raven jumped toward the door to try to be the first to hug Josh (I believe it wasn't even Raven who got to hug him first). And then Raven attached herself to Paul instead of Matt at the end, which I found hilarious. 

Also, Paul couldn't even walk out with Josh. He practically shoved him toward the door to leave as he went to compose himself in the kitchen.

All my dreams came true when Paul lost winning Big Brother 19.  Josh was on The Talk yesterday and he did himself proud.  He spoke right up and the ladies and the audience all seemed to enjoy him and his big personality and big smile.    I don't know if Josh was Josh when he entered the BB House or if he grew up that much in those three months.  I hope he thanks Christmas because she certainly was his mentor through thick and thin.

• Love 2

I just watched Will's interview with Raven. Will is either great at trolling or he is the worst interviewer ever. I know Rob was trolling Raven but I am not so sure Will was. If he wasn't, he is more of an idiot then I thought.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

It was weird (to me at least) to realize Josh and Paul are the same age, 23.

I totally glossed over Paul's age. I don't know if I ever saw it online or what but I thought he was in his 30's. He comes off much older. It's not like older "mature" but just old. I guess it could be the the beard and tattoos or something. He does come off at 23 at all to me.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

He is so jealous of Cody, again it warms my heart.LOL

LOL, it must have been a huge blow to his over blown ego, standing in front of a national TV audience just after losing BB again, hearing that America voted his nemeses Cody AFG.

I love going back to watch the vote count.  When Matt's vote was read, Paul was ahead 4-2 - and he thought he was going to win.  Then came Mark.  He freaked out with Elena's vote.  And lost it with Cody - who struck the final blow.

• Love 12

I think Paul has a lot of insecurities when it comes to someone like Cody. My guess is that he always wanted to be a true alpha like Cody especially when he was younger. While the two of them were the ones seeking to control the house Cody was the only one that did it so openly. Paul always had to do it by hiding behind someone or many someones. Not a true alpha IMO. And I am 100% he would never dare try and get in Cody's face outside of the house without production's protection. 

I had a lot of issues with Cody's behavior especially early on when he created the cool peoples alliance and deemed everyone who didn't fit a certain aesthetic as outsiders or losers. But the mean spirited piling on that Paul orchestrated after he returned was just so gross I was thrilled he won AFP. 

The bullying this season really turned me off. It seemed psychologically dangerous. I think only BB15 with his disgusting batch of racists was worse.

Like many seeing Paul get his comeuppance was beautiful. His arrogance as it got closer and closer to the finale made it that much sweeter. I do not like Josh but from what I have seen he doesn't seem as mean a person as Paul.

The only people from this season I would like to see back are Jessica and Cameron. I think Jessica could do well without Cody and I honestly think Cameron deserves a second chance. I think he could have been a good house guest this season. He seemed like a good balance of nerdy/smart but also athletic enough to do well in comps. 

Thanks to all the feed watchers. It was fun lurking and learning about some of the even grosser behavior that did not make the show. Though to be honest even the behavior that did make the show showed Paul and others in a very bad light. I didn't need the feeds to tell me he, Josh, Christmas, and Alex were awful. But it was nice to have that confirmed for sure with details from the feeds. And it was great spoiling myself about the winner in here because I was dreading watching the taped episode thinking Paul would win. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Couver said:

The bullying this season really turned me off. It seemed psychologically dangerous. I think only BB15 with his disgusting batch of racists was worse.

I think BB8 should be in the mix for worst. Dick was threatening to rape Jen on an almost daily basis. At one point he said he would rape her dead body. He was the worst of the worst imo.

I honestly think Cameron deserves a second chance. I think he could have been a good house guest this season. He seemed like a good balance of nerdy/smart but also athletic enough to do well in comps. 

I am almost certain I would end up despising Cameron, but I agree that he should get another chance. Jody and Glenn should as well, but I feel like it's worse with Cameron since he's such a fan. That just makes it sadder. However, hopefully they never ever bring former players back in a season with newbies again. Just do all returning or all newbies, for fuck's sake!

• Love 18