Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rbonnie said:

Why the hell doesn't he just donate some cash?   Evidently he/family has loads of money, not to mention that in the space of 12 months he won $100,000 from this show. Why wait to purchase materials, create and then market bracelets and attempt to further establish whatever pathetic "brand" he believes he has.  Just go into your pocket, Paul, and send money like the rest of us nobodies do without pushing our brands on people or making people in desperate need wait for an entire chain of events when you can send money online in two seconds.  Or does that just not play as well on social media?

Or do both. "I am donating X% of my winnings and will be selling these bracelets with all proceeds being donated to organization X". There is nothing wrong with taking an opportunity to do something good and improve your brand. It is why Budweiser puts out commercials that they are not canning beer but water and sending it to Houston or Puerto Rico. They do something good, that they can write off on their taxes, and improve their brand. But Budweiser is clearly taking some type of action and donating something while taking a temporary hit in their beer production. Paul is just focusing on the branding.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

The words...they're just escaping me right now. I just can't even believe this trick! She still legit thinks that she would have beaten Josh. There is no way she would have beaten him. She would've gotten Paul's vote, but I doubt that she'd have gotten any others. And now, campaigning to be on "The Amazing Race", & insinuating that she's has it in the bag, & the BB contestants will have to campaign to her. *Janice voice* "Oh My GOD!" She is truly delusional. Also, Paul has already said that he has no interest in her in any romantic way, why is she still talking about that? I just find Paul to be repulsive in every way, which has 0% to do with how he looks, & 100% to do with how he acts. Ugh, he's just gross.

The only people that I think we'll ever hear about from this cast again, are possibly Jess & Cody, Mark & Elena, probably Paul (unfortunately), & Josh, but only because he won. I highly doubt that anyone else will be heard from again, sorry Maven. Last year's AFP, Victor, was in the finale audience, with his girlfriend, last year's winner, Nicole (I still can't believe that's not a joke, she was so enamored with Corey, & Vic doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would date her - rude, but true), & neither of them were even mentioned a single time all season, save for Nicole's brief appearance in the house. I doubt we'll hear from them. Oh, except for Maven on "Celebrity BB". 

• Love 8

And the appreciation for Cody continues. A reply from him about some mom talking about her kid, who has Down Syndrome, being his fan:

AQD4vK41IqJZ9IJuF-FHaxDAiPfgGumGAAkDG1Nr

I thought Cody wouldn't be big on social media, even with Jess' encouragement, and he'd just be pretty silent. It turns out, even if it is because of Jessica, he's proving himself to be less of an asshole than previously thought.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

Why the hell doesn't he just donate some cash?   Evidently he/family has loads of money, not to mention that in the space of 12 months he won $100,000 from this show. Why wait to purchase materials, create and then market bracelets and attempt to further establish whatever pathetic "brand" he believes he has.  Just go into your pocket, Paul, and send money like the rest of us nobodies do without pushing our brands on people or making people in desperate need wait for an entire chain of events when you can send money online in two seconds.  Or does that just not play as well on social media?

Right -  making friendship bracelets and selling them with the profits going to hurricane victims?  

That's a community service project for a Girl Scout troop!  

People need food and water, but Paul will help by going shopping for supplies, then making bracelets, which he sells online, basically donating OTHER PEOPLE'S money, not his own. skip the middle man, donate the money! People without food, water, homes, can't wait for you to set up a website and make bracelets. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Last year's AFP, Victor, was in the finale audience, with his girlfriend, last year's winner, Nicole (I still can't believe that's not a joke, she was so enamored with Corey, & Vic doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would date her - rude, but true) ...

It makes me think Nicole's claim that he was trying to get with her pre-feeds was actually true. We didn't believe it at the time lmao.

Dom and Ramses' responses to Elena being actual garbage:

Dom and Ramses deserved a better season. I'd say Mark too, but he's still up Elena's ass, so I'm done with him.

• Love 7

As far as Elena goes, she seems like she was an a-hole 5 yrs ago, she says she has changed since then.  I don't know if it's true or not but what I do know is that in 2017 she helped in making sure Paul didn't win $500,000 which made the finale night wonderful for me.  When this all dies down, I won't be giving any of them a final thought.  I think I'll go back and watch Julie pull the keys and enjoy Paul's loss again.  My biggest joy from bb19.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I dunno, wasn't Dom kind of annoying, too? 

Sure, but she wasn't/isn't a garbage person.

1 hour ago, lasandi said:

As far as Elena goes, she seems like she was an a-hole 5 yrs ago, she says she has changed since then.

If that was true she probably wouldn't have reacted to everyone finding out about her old tweets (at least one of which is actually from this year) the way she did. Also, we have to remember she referred to Alex as 'yellow' at one point so.

But for sure I'm forever grateful to her and all the Josh voters for denying Paul a win in what was possibly the greatest final vote of all time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sure, but she wasn't/isn't a garbage person.

YMMV.  :^)  

I despised her.  To me she was the worst of them.  She just didn't stay long enough for most to see.  I spotted her type immediately.  

Self aggrandizing, delusional bitch.   Or was it just lying for attention?  Doesn't matter.  She wanted to be worshiped for her "wisdom."

• Love 3

"Annoying" is in no way a unique descriptor for any one of this season's crew.  Every one of them achieved tooth-grinding status multiple times, IMHO.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Elena's trying to do damage control

DKr9FlFVYAAkaVA.jpg

I'm going back and forth on whether she's genuinely apologizing or just saying it to do damage control. I'm leaning toward the latter, but I'd like her apology to be at least half genuine. I'm just not entirely sure.

• Love 2

Fake news. She spent the whole of the 'party' sucking down sympathy and being smug over being "targeted".  Now that she sees it might actually affect her chances of employment, TAR/soaps, or future revenue, she's growing. It was all just song lyrics or quotes from friends (who were never quoted) or out of context. She let the few minutes of "fame" get to her.

Sorry, gurl. Those bridges are burned. TAR is gonna barely have Cody on for his comments, but at least he has his military service they can pimp out for redemption. You're just an unemployed nobody. Too little, too late. Maybe she can find a rich man to marry her, like Aryan did. 

$10 she drops Mark like a hot potato since no one wants to trade on Marlena anymore.

Edited by neenyah
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Da'Vonne is really going after Elena on Twitter. I mean she has every right to do so, but damn. One or two tweets would be enough, but it's been a lot more than that.

Personally, I've never like Da'Vonne. Not only does she get on my nerves personally, but she's just as much of a famewhore as Elena is. Also, I remember Day being perfectly fine with the likes of Jason and company. So I just roll my eyes at her. 

ETA: 

Mark, unfortunately, now caught in the middle. He's damned if he sticks by Elena's side and damned if he breaks up with her, in my opinion. People are still going to feel like he deserves to be pulled into this mess, whether he likes it or not.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 4

Dang, that's such a weak response from Mark. Just "no comment" it if you're going to come up with retorts as bad as that.

LOL

"I speak out against harassment (against my friends on tv) but I have nothing to say about bullying fat people, homophobia, domestic violence, rape jokes, or racism! That's not my business. People expect too much!"

Edited by neenyah
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, simplyme said:

But to be fair, Mark is pointing out that he's being bullied and harassed for things someone else said. We have no idea if he discussed the tweets with her in person and indicated that he found them awful, and imo we have no right to demand that Mark holds some sort of public briefing to inform us what he did say to her. Or to demand that he break up with her because she posted nasty things awhile back.

Elena posted it. People can take issue with Elena, but I think targeting other people in her life for her actions and demanding they act in certain ways or you'll harass them is over the line.

WORD! 

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 3

I like Mark's response to that tweet. I'm so tired of people starting out their argument with an insult and then expecting people to engage with them in a reasonable manner.  It's really time for social media to move out of its awkward teen phase.

• Love 8

Elena's apology is lol worthy. 

Again, why can't they find more than 1 or 2 decent people to cast on this show?

16 hours ago, wings707 said:

I despised her.  To me she was the worst of them.

Well, she didn't make any rape jokes or say anything racist/sexist, so she's practically a saint on this show.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't think he owed that person a response at all. I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to ignore it. Once he did respond, though, it didn't make any sense as a retort. 

I totally agree with you but unfortunately, not everyone is as logical and reasonable about it. I'm sure that's not the only nasty DM he's gotten about the Elena Exposed Party. I already saw many, many comments on several social media platforms, demanding for Jess and Mark to speak up about the situation. People have already been calling Elena some pretty nasty things on her Twitter. I'm positive Mark's gotten the backlash to Elena's tweets as well. People suck, plain and simple, and Mark's definitely in a lose-lose situation. There's nothing he can say to get the trolls to stop harrassing him, except for breaking up with Elena. But then a whole new slew of trolls would be there to take the old trolls' place, demanding why Mark was breaking up with Elena and how dare he repeat the Dom situation (where he distanced himself from her during her last week).

It would be perfectly reasonable to ignore it, but since Mark's very new at social media (and, as someone metaphorically compared it to him getting his social media cherry popped), he doesn't know the ins and outs of trolling yet. 

• Love 3

It's embarrassing that Elena thought she could parlay being a total nonentity on a silly reality show into a job in broadcasting in Los Angeles. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Big Brother won't make anyone famous. Even the most popular players disappear into irrelevance. 

Then again this is a girl who has had enough plastic surgery at age 23 to last a lifetime. She's got some serious issues. I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't such a terrible person.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

How old is Mark? How can he be so naive about, well, pretty much everything lol? It's sad really.

What's sad is Mark's tendency to get ensnared in lose-lose situations - or, in this latest case, lose-lose-lose:

• If Mark speaks up to support Elena, then he's defending racism.
  • If Mark speaks up against Elena, then he's throwing his lady fair under the wheels of the nearest bus.
  • If Mark doesn't say anything at all, he's a coward for not taking a stand.

Mark is 26, which is still a moderately early age to expect him to have learned the life-freeing aspects of telling the rest of the planet to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut - and actually mean it.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't think he owed that person a response at all. I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to ignore it. Once he did respond, though, it didn't make any sense as a retort. 

It made sense to me. I saw it as him pointing out the absurdity of a person who is bullying Mark because (the bullying/harassing tweeter) doesn't like bullying (Elena's). If you sincerely disapprove of people saying hateful things, then step one is not to say them yourself.  I thought he did a good job of making that point.

He also covered that he didn't say those things himself, and should not be held accountable for the things other people say.  Perhaps his goal was less retort or clap back and more in making a larger point. If it was, he scored with me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Mark is 26, which is still a moderately early age to expect him to have learned the life-freeing aspects of telling the rest of the planet to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut - and actually mean it.

There's something about the magical age of thirty and beyond and finally accepting that the world is a shitty place and most people suck. Sometimes it happens earlier, sometimes it happens later, but yeah. Give him a couple more years and he might be at that point. And you're right, it's so freeing. (Personally, I got there early but my mom said that I was bitter and jaded from the tender age of nine so I apparently had a leg up on the competition.)

• Love 10

Somewhere out there, Paul is seething with rage as he watches his enemies get what he can't.

Sure, Paul got a cameo on The Bold and the Beautiful last year, but he didn't get a recurring role, and he didn't get invited onto another reality show to compete for even more money than Big Brother offers, plus a free trip around the world. 

Cody/Jess are definitely milking their popularity while they still have it, which probably won't be for much longer, and I am loving it while it lasts.

Also, TAR fans are going to either love Cody or hate him...they'll probably hate him. I wonder how he'll be under the stress of TAR. It's definitely a different environment, so it could be the thing that gets me to hate him. I'm going to say that Cody/Jess racing together is going to put their relationship to the test. 

• Love 8

Alex's apology:
I only have love 4 the #BigBrother cast.The show got the best and worst of us.I could be a c*nty potato sometimes & I'm sorry! ❤️Alex

Is this damage control? Definitely!. Is she being sincere? Probably not. Does this decrease my aversion to ever seeing Alex on another season of Big Brother? No!

However, I think this apology is much better than Elena's. Sincere or not, Alex actually says she is sorry and her post focuses on her actions rather than Elena's post which was a mixture of making excuses about her behavior/trying to gain forgiveness/ and very little owning up to her words.

Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Alex but I appreciate anytime a public apology is done that owns up to actions versus the whole, "I'm sorry, if I offended you" version of an apology that people often do.

• Love 4

At least Elena and Alex were part of the bitter jury alliance to vote against Paul.

Oh, another big slap to Paul - with Cody and Jess tapped for The Amazing Race.  He must be just fuming with jealousy.

It should not be any clearer to Grodner that the real world is not interested in Paul.  No, no, no to Paul for any BB All-Stars.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Jel said:

It made sense to me. I saw it as him pointing out the absurdity of a person who is bullying Mark because (the bullying/harassing tweeter) doesn't like bullying (Elena's). If you sincerely disapprove of people saying hateful things, then step one is not to say them yourself.  I thought he did a good job of making that point.

He also covered that he didn't say those things himself, and should not be held accountable for the things other people say.  Perhaps his goal was less retort or clap back and more in making a larger point. If it was, he scored with me.

"I stand against all bullying and harassment. Oh, you want me to comment about my girlfriend's past harassment and bullying? How dare you harass and bully me! Don't you know that I stand against all bullying and harassment?"

There's a rather large disconnect there. Would Mark get shit if he had ignored the topic? Sure, but better to be silent and thought a moron than speak and prove it.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

"I stand against all bullying and harassment. Oh, you want me to comment about my girlfriend's past harassment and bullying? How dare you harass and bully me! Don't you know that I stand against all bullying and harassment?"

There's a rather large disconnect there. Would Mark get shit if he had ignored the topic? Sure, but better to be silent and thought a moron than speak and prove it.

I don't see as him being a moron here. One person, but more than likely multiple people, harassed him through DMs about something that doesn't involve him. He stands up against bullying and harassment, sure. But we have no idea how he's handled the situation with Elena privately. Nor does he need to speak out about it on social media; he can handle the matter privately with her behind closed doors. It still doesn't make the harassment from Twitter users ok, and all he's doing is calling them out on harassing him on something that isn't about him. 

Also, I do want to think that Mark is still learning about the inner workings of social media and he's going to make stupid mistakes. He's not stupid; he just doesn't know how to handle these situations. He doesn't get yet that standing up for bullying online is much, much different than doing it in person. It's harder to communicate your point online without people looking into what words you use, how you say it, and how it sounds to others. In person, it's easier to clarify. Online? Much more difficult and way more people to gang up on others. 

Mark would have gotten bigger shit for not saying anything. It's a lose-lose-lose situation for Mark. He doesn't quite get yet that staying silent on social media is better anyway; at the end of the day, he doesn't have to answer to those thousands of trolls. All he has to answer to is the people he knows personally in his life, especially since the matter actually doesn't involve him personally, so he has nothing to say and nothing to apologize for.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mic813 said:

TAR used to be my favorite show.  Now I'm out.  Won't watch it at all. 

It is bad enough that America is being embarrassed around the world by one person's actions this year.  We don't need another bigot and out and out xenophobe like Cody running around the world as the newest poster boy for The Ugly American.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, green said:

TAR used to be my favorite show.  Now I'm out.  Won't watch it at all. 

It is bad enough that America is being embarrassed around the world by one person's actions this year.  We don't need another bigot and out and out xenophobe like Cody running around the world as the newest poster boy for The Ugly American.

I love TAR, but I will just wait for the inevitable clips of Cody's ignorant/racist/hateful comments about different cultures. I won't support him by watching this season. I wonder if we'll get some Jon/Victoria type dynamic as well...He seemed to fare ok under individual pressure in the BB house, but what will happen when it's the 7th time Jessica's trying to complete a task and she just cant get it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm going to say that Cody/Jess racing together is going to put their relationship to the test. 

It sure will.  I am curious about this and just seeing his personality out of the BB experience.    

• Love 8

I've given TAR a pass the past couple of seasons, due to the gimmicks (turning it into a dating show, pairing total strangers, youtubers, etc.) But I'll watch again for them. I like them. They are not perfect by any means, and each has some serious life lessons they need to learn. They will probably do well - Cody is focused and disciplined, Jessica isn't afraid to make her wishes known, and they are both in good shape and good competitors. In the interview, Cody indicated he had learned to take another viewpoint into account - (paraphrasing) I would go with my gut, fail, she'd call me an idiot and we'll go with her idea instead. Plus, it will piss off Paul and Raven to no end, and I am always down for that.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I think I now need them to win TAR, just for what it will do to Paul. 

And then get booked as recurring guest stars on Bold and the Beautiful. :)

Oh yes, please.  

• Love 3

I just wonder whether another pair was bumped to make room for Cody and Jess on TAR.  I hope not.  

I'll still watch.  I have a deep and abiding love for TAR no matter what twists--and twits--they throw at us.

• Love 5