Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

TAR for Jody, huh? Personally, I'd rather watch Mark and Josh fumble, throw food on each other, and be emotional across the globe, but that's just me :)

I do NOT want anyone from BB ever on TAR period.  But if they had to have someone on due to Mooves pointing a gun at TAR casting yet again, then ,"The Meatballs" would have been the best choice.  Actually, the only choice.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Apparently Paul was a fan of Hugh Hefner. He just posted a pic on Instagram of his belt buckle with the Playboy bunny on it.

Paul probably thinks the value of his "vintage Playboy collection" will skyrocket now - and it might have, if all the pages didn't keep getting stuck together.

• Love 8
On 9/27/2017 at 6:00 PM, Jobiska said:

I just wonder whether another pair was bumped to make room for Cody and Jess on TAR.  I hope not.  

I'll still watch.  I have a deep and abiding love for TAR no matter what twists--and twits--they throw at us.

I figured they would be on TAR, but next year. 

They (Moonves) were eager to get them; Cody was contacted while still in the jury house.  Sounds like they (Moonves) booted a team to seize the opportunity to get them while still fresh in the minds of viewers.  And the likelihood of them still being together in a year is against the odds. 

While still in the BB  house he said, I have never had a relationship like this.  That told me that he probably never reached this level of emotional intimacy before.  The BB house created that opportunity without having to go through the real life motions.  It put things on FF. 

I am looking forward to see their dynamic together.  The stress of this race brings a lot to the surface. 

I am not a huge fan of TAR, I skipped the last 2 seasons but I am in it this season, until they are eliminated,  anyway. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Cutty said:

It's embarrassing that Elena thought she could parlay being a total nonentity on a silly reality show into a job in broadcasting in Los Angeles. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Big Brother won't make anyone famous. Even the most popular players disappear into irrelevance. 

Then again this is a girl who has had enough plastic surgery at age 23 to last a lifetime. She's got some serious issues. I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't such a terrible person.

I'm not at all trying to question you, I'm just making sure that this isn't a typo. Is Elena seriously only 23? Not kidding, I thought it was a typo & that it was actually supposed to be 32. That I would believe, but I'd never believe that she was under 30. Wow. 

Still, to me, the biggest disappointment of the whole season is Matt, even bigger than Paul being on & making it to the final 2. When he came on during episode 1, I thought he was a Silver Fox. I had super high hopes for him. Now, he's just The Dud. No adjectives, just The Dud. I'd think that even if he hadn't attached himself to Raven's inverted spine. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is that for TAR? They usually have the teams wear the same colors.

I assume that it is. They're probably doing the cast photos for the announcement, since they don't even start the race until Sunday. 

ETA: It looks like Josh doesn't need Paul's Friendship. He's got his main Meatball, Mark (and Elena) to hang out with.

Not surprising that Josh hasn't been shown to hang out with Paul (or Christmas, though I assume she's back home).

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It is, I just found it amusing.

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assume that it is. They're probably doing the cast photos for the announcement, since they don't even start the race until Sunday. 

ETA: It looks like Josh doesn't need Paul's Friendship. He's got his main Meatball, Mark (and Elena) to hang out with.

Not surprising that Josh hasn't been shown to hang out with Paul (or Christmas, though I assume she's back home).

National Poetry Day (thanks Twitter) is back home. Seen a few Instgrams of her and she seems to be walking normally now.  Smaller boot on her foot

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Josh said in his Instagram live the other night that he loves Paul and Christmas and that they talk every day. 

The only person he has shown even a hint of animosity towards is Maven. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'm still shocked that Jeff and Jordan made it out of TAR together.

I think they almost didn't.  I'm not sure if they broke up (or took a break) before or after TAR. 

16 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Apparently Paul was a fan of Hugh Hefner. He just posted a pic on Instagram of his belt buckle with the Playboy bunny on it.

How did you miss that?  I think i tried to avoid paul but somehow managed to listen to his ramblings of how awesome he is because of his super duper awesome and vintage playboy item collection.   Oh yea, I think because Kevin was there and talked about actually GOING to the playboy club. Maybe that's why I was listening.  Loved Kevin's stories. 

I've probably made fun of people in my past, probably said a lot of things that would look REALLY bad in today's society.  But you know what.  People grow and people become mindful. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They are at the airport leaving for NYC where the race begins.  It looks to me that they are taking the red eye and dressed comfortably.  I don't think TAR wants a couple to dress all in black for the entire race, but maybe.  

2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I've probably made fun of people in my past, probably said a lot of things that would look REALLY bad in today's society.  But you know what.  People grow and people become mindful. 

Oh man, I wish this was true for all or even most people.

2 hours ago, Cutty said:

Josh said in his Instagram live the other night that he loves Paul and Christmas and that they talk every day. 

Well, that's unfortunate. But Josh pretty much sucks too so I guess they all deserve each other.

• Love 8

I'm about an hour away from Washington Square Park and would be thrilled to see Cody and just the amazing race sendoff in general.  That's a beautiful area of the city especially in nice weather.  So of course my daughter calls yesterday that surprise, she's coming home from school for the weekend.  Which means I have to take her to the bus on Sunday but in Philadelphia. My daughter goes to school five hours away and I rarely get to see her.  And she rarely comes home except for big holidays.  I'm usually so happy when she unexpectedly comes.  However this time......I'm trying to remember that I've loved her a lot longer than I've loved Cody lol

• Love 17

Aren't you guys putting TAR spoilers in this thread?  Please will you use the spoiler feature for TAR spoilers.  Because I sure as hell didn't want to know the city of departure let alone where in said city.  Thank you.

And yeah to be thrown into the Race's cast this late means another team got bumped.  That totally sucks.

Edited by green
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

They are at the airport leaving for NYC where the race begins.  It looks to me that they are taking the red eye and dressed comfortably.  I don't think TAR wants a couple to dress all in black for the entire race, but maybe.  

It's funny because I was trying to remember if another team has dressed in all black. They usually do have the teams matching but I don't know if black is one of those colors.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It's funny because I was trying to remember if another team has dressed in all black. They usually do have the teams matching but I don't know if black is one of those colors.

Seems appropriate to me. I think they will kind of be the opposite of Team Fun. I have a feeling Cody will take this very seriously -- and it will certainly test them big time. Looking forward to it, though.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, green said:

Aren't you guys putting TAR spoilers in this thread?  Please will you use the spoiler feature for TAR spoilers.  Because I sure as hell didn't want to know the city of departure let alone where in said city.  Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't even think about that, not realizing that knowing the city of departure would spoil it for anybody.  I'll be more mindful in the future 

8 hours ago, green said:

And yeah to be thrown into the Race's cast this late means another team got bumped.  That totally sucks.

Maybe they just added a team?

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

Sorry, I didn't even think about that, not realizing that knowing the city of departure would spoil it for anybody.  I'll be more mindful in the future 

You did nothing wrong.  The time/date/place are already in the press, including the CBS website:

On Sunday, Oct. 1 at 11:30 AM ET, the couple—whose steamy in-house showmance is still going strong IRL—will hit the ground running during the show's live start at Washington Square Park at 5th Ave and Waverly Place in New York City.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1007641/big-brother-19-s-jessica-and-cody-bring-their-showmance-to-the-amazing-race/

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

You did nothing wrong.  The time/date/place are already in the press, including the CBS website:

Thank you!  That's kind of what I was thinking....

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I don't think that's actually a spoiler since it's been announced in mainstream media. 

Thank you, I was feeling that way too!

• Love 6

see them on TAR should be interesting.  Cody, as a Marine, should have endurance and ability to go without sleep.  Jessica--it will be interesting.  She was always concerned about her hair on BB, so can't imagine it will be easy for her.  Still she should provide some social aspect to the couple--as long as they don't go to Asia and she calls people by past BB contestants names.

• Love 3

I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you - that there haven't been more outcries of "Cody is a shitty father" because he jumped from one CBS reality show to another. 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was?! He hair was a hot ass mess all season and she just let it all out there lol.

It really was. Like, if you're gonna wear clip in extensions in your hair, how about you clip them in so that your head isn't filled with little shiny nubbins at the top where we can all see? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I think I am going to go to Washington square park tomorrow to see the beginning of the race!!!

I would, too.  Hopefully you can get close enough to see something.  

16 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Mark, who barely understands how Instagram works, has his own Youtube channel

I don't understand how but every single post-BB clip that has been posted of Mark talking into the camera always has a still of Mark with his big goober mouth open and his eyes wide. Half of those usually have the doggy head tilt, too. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I think I am going to go to Washington square park tomorrow to see the beginning of the race!!!

Lucky!!!  I'm jealous!  I was planning this too but have to drive my daughter to Philly to catch a bus, I'm in Jersey and that's the wrong direction!  Enjoy it, should be a fun day. Share a picture if you can 

I went to Washington Square Park and watched for a bit. It was packed. Lots of people cheering for "Jody."

Cody had his arm around Jessica almost the entire time. And during the very few minutes when he didn't, he kept his arm on her and they were still managing to lean against each other. This meant that when all the teams were supposed to be clapping, Jessica would usually be clapping, but Cody couldn't, because that would have required him to remove his arm and stop touching Jessica. I don't know if it was just romantic, or somewhat of a security blanket/protective thing for him, because it was that way between every take, and even during some of them. At first I thought it was sweet, but eventually, it started seeming a bit possessive and weird, because he literally wouldn't stop touching her to clap on camera when he was supposed to. 

That said, they seemed really happy together and it is a new relationship. 

They didn't really talk to the other couples, although smiled at one and did pose for photos with some fans. 

( I'm putting this here, because it doesn't really tell anything about the amazing race, but is more relevant to BB fans who are curious about Jessica and Cody's relationship.)

Edited by Cramps
Additional info
  • Love 4