Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

At this point, Kevin's kind of a piece of shit. By kind of, I mean totally.

Kevin has been a piece of shit in my book since he picked Ramses, the youngest and most vulnerable in the house, to dump on. On top of playing a shady game [on Paul's orders] he was foisting it all unto Ramses. At the same time, he was acting like a surrogate father to the kid. 

That is one of the dirtiest games played this season IMO. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, zorak said:

Quick!  Someone alert Lady Gaga.  Raven's up in HOH listening to music and showing off her "dance" moves.

What?? Her dancing is so awesome, I thought it WAS Gaga for a sec.  ?

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, they don't know that until they get out of the house. They can speculate because they have no way of knowing if Cody's telling the truth. I mean, they don't have to believe him and it's fine if they don't. My issue is Kevin blabbing Cody's secret to everyone. If Cody was lying, this would be what he wanted anyway. But since he asked Kevin not to tell and he did, that's my biggest issue. We know it's true; the people in that house don't. But now, what they do with this information is going to determine how far up the asshole meter they are. 

Jason's already upped his asshole meter by completely dismissing this idea that Cody's a dad out of hand, as well as the fact that his brother died. And Jason's one of the more normal people in there.

But seriously? I had such high hopes for this cast because this cast is slightly older than the recent casts and I thought they'd be more mature and smarter gamers. I was wrong. 

But I don't blame this on Grodhog entirely. All of these people consciously chose to crawl up Paul's ass. All of them decided to make it a race to the bottom about how much they could shun and berate HG's that Paul deemed undesirable. Many of them had DR's and private moments alone when they admitted they were ashamed of their actions and how their families and America would react. But they still choose to be his lemmings.

Alex, Jason, Kevin, Matt, Raven, Xmas and Josh are in the positions htey are in because they consciously chose to be in those positions. How easy it is for Matt to simply man up and say "I'm sorry, I won the veto and I have to use it on myself to ensure my safety?" But he doesn't even mutter this thought to Raven. Sad.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kevin was taking a page out of Raven's playbook in that convo with Jason.  After he and Jason were saying Cody is bullshitting all of this, Kevin said, "I think he could've made that up to get sympathy because guess whose brother died?  Mine?  And guess who has six daughters?  Me."  So I guess it's not possible someone else could have a brother who died and have a daughter. 

Kevin's showing his true vile colors, disgusted by this all. 

Marlena has known about Cody being a dad for weeks and never uttered a word even in private, Kevin who is a parent and Jason who is a parent run around acting like douchebags over this.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Kevin's showing his true vile colors, disgusted by this all. 

Marlena has known about Cody being a dad for weeks and never uttered a word even in private, Kevin who is a parent and Jason who is a parent run around acting like douchebags over this.

I had not realized he told them.  

God, I'm gonna be stuck with Josh for the rest of the summer, aren't I? I can't stand listening to his voice, even more so than Raven or Paul. They're all bitching about Cody right now in HOH, and Josh is talking about how Cody won't get the last word in on Thursday and he'll hold up the live show if he has to.

I hate these people so, so, so much. I haven't gotten to this point so early in a season before. There's always been someone I've been actively rooting for and who has a chance of making it far. Now, Cody's gone this week, and then it'll be Mark for DE if him or Elena don't win. And then....that's it on my list of people I'm rooting for. 

• Love 11

I give Cody credit for at least trying to sway Alex/Jason. It's a lost cause but that's the game. 

It's crazy but there's been virtually no campaigning this season. Another reason it's the worst. 

• Love 9

What a bitch Christmas was to Mark tonight, I heard you talking to Cody. Well they've seen you cuddle married Kevin, you jackass!

God no wonder Jody spent time away with these mini minds. Anyway come Thursday when Cody leaves, I'm not watching anymore. Its been  fun though, you feeders post very fairly. Thanks for that!

I just cannot waste anymore Summer watching a puny bearded tatty man, tell everyone and us, what's happening. So not enjoyable.

:)

• Love 16

I don't know why I turned the feeds back on before bed, but I did, just in time to see a Jason/Josh play fight turn serious really fast. Josh was threatening to squirt ketchup and mustard on Jason for "hurting his eye" and Jason told him to not do it. Josh continued to come at him, and Jason's smile dropped really fast, threatening to punch him out. Kevin had to get him to stop once he saw how serious Jason was. 

• Love 4

In an earlier conversation with Alex and Cody in the HOH, Alex told him to come up with a plan to keep him.

He is up there now pitching a plan. The interesting part is he tells her that Paul will take Josh and Xmas before her and Jason. They are easier to control. Matt and Raven are in Pauls pocket too. Put up Raven as a replacement and send Matt home. He will help them get to the top. Its a risk and a bold game move. But, if she feels the safer route will get her further, she should go with that. But, he is real excited about this plan.

Welcome to the party Cody. Funny how individually, Jess and Cody played better when they other was not int the house.

This convo was on BBAD.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, missyb said:

In an earlier conversation with Alex and Cody in the HOH, Alex told him to come up with a plan to keep him.

He is up there now pitching a plan. The interesting part is he tells her that Paul will take Josh and Xmas before her and Jason. They are easier to control. Matt and Raven are in Pauls pocket too. Put up Raven as a replacement and send Matt home. He will help them get to the top. Its a risk and a bold game move. But, if she feels the safer route will get her further, she should go with that. But, he is real excited about this plan.

Welcome to the party Cody. Funny how individually, Jess and Cody played better when they other was not int the house.

This convo was on BBAD.

My favorite part was when he told her Paul will take Christmas and she was like well why she can't win comps. That is why Alex.. that is why. She's useless.

If Alex really wanted Paul gone- and realized he was a threat to her game- she could pull the trigger this week. Tell Kevin & Jason to vote out Paul, Mark & Cody would do it too. Bam. Bur she won't. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

My favorite part was when he told her Paul will take Christmas and she was like well why she can't win comps. That is why Alex.. that is why. She's useless.

If Alex really wanted Paul gone- and realized he was a threat to her game- she could pull the trigger this week. Tell Kevin & Jason to vote out Paul, Mark & Cody would do it too. Bam. Bur she won't. 

Except she doesn't trust Kevin as far as she can throw him

She is right that she and Jason are in a good position now and have worked hard to get there. Pulling the trigger now would not be worth it because right now, they are on the good side of the house. 

Cody needs another angle. Get rid of Elena. It is the easier road because Christmas and Josh were already on that bandwagon so it won't be hard convincing them.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Is Raven convulsing or dancing?

I saw a video of Raven "dancing" yesterday on YouTube and I have to say she made Elaine's dance moves on Seinfeld look downright graceful.  I cannot believe she teaches dance professionally.  Also, what is up with the odd faces she makes when she dances?

• Love 5

A couple of questions:  what happened to Cody's brother?  why would people be mad that Cody has a child?  at first Alex was setting up camp outside and now she has all her stuff inside, upstairs ... what's up with that?  Thanks.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

That's the problem (to me). She plays it hot and cold rather than just saying "Hey, I wanna bone you in the house but like Vegas, what happens in the house stays in the house."

Also, "I want to bone you and be best friends if you become HOH, otherwise, not so much."

• Love 2

When they celebrated making it to jury, Jason lifted Paul up.  And once again, I was struck by how very TINY Paul actually is, compared to the other guys in the house.   

It's very unusual for a small guy to command that much attention, and have that much power, over people who are so much bigger than he is. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, backformore said:

When they celebrated making it to jury, Jason lifted Paul up.  And once again, I was struck by how very TINY Paul actually is, compared to the other guys in the house.   

It's very unusual for a small guy to command that much attention, and have that much power, over people who are so much bigger than he is. 

Not so unusual, it turns out. Think Napoleon Bonaparte, Benito Mussolini, Vladimir Putin,.....Jon Snow.

I'm not a man, but I'd think it would be emasculating to be lifted up high over another man's head.

Edited by Blissfool
GoT relevance
  • Love 6

This really bums me out to say this since I have watched this game since Season 1. But If the DE & 2nd HoH doesn't yield movement game wise on Thursday I'm out for the rest of the season. 

I love watching Big Brother. But I just can't watch one person play, while everyone else just gives someone $500K with no fight. 

I am not saying Paul doesn't deserve it- but Paul has been called out more then enough times now for people to start waking up. But they just don't seem to care. It's baffling really, I didn't realize that $500K was so easy to come by for these people. Unreal.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Not so unusual, it turns out. Think Napoleon Bonaparte, Benito Mussolini, Vladimir Putin,.....Jon Snow.

I'm not a man, but I'd think it would be emasculating to be lifted up high over another man's head.

Napoleon was a weird case in that he was not particularly short (especially for the era), but he made a point to surround himself with tall people for whatever reason and it made him look a lot shorter than he actually was. He was 5'7"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Not to mention that he's also the youngest... 24 I believe.  Why the other HGs are giving massive respect to someone that small, that young, with no real profession, who lives with mommy... I have no idea.  He must have some major hypnotic Rasputin mojo.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Not to mention that he's also the youngest... 24 I believe.  Why the other HGs are giving massive respect to someone that small, that young, with no real profession, who lives with mommy... I have no idea.  He must have some major hypnotic Rasputin mojo.

I think he sidled up to everyone and said, in an undertone, "if you don't let me win I'm going to lock you in the house with Frankie Grande".

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's like they can't fathom why someone would want to not talk about their kid 24/7. They probably think that if he loved his kid enough, he would want everyone to know about her and wouldn't be able to stop talking about her.

I think you're giving Kevin - and Paul - and Jason - WAYYY too much credit; it's more likely they can't fathom a HG having a kid and not alluding to them constantly as a sympathy ploy for game support.  I mean, what good is a kid if you can't pimp them out for votes?  Douchebags.

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fake nice/social Cody is half hilarious and half terrifying lol.

When Cody was smiling and laughing as he made his pitch to Alex and Jason?  It was the first time I saw the resemblance many have drawn between Cody and Tom Cruise.  Mostly because I don't think I've seen Cody smiling and laughing before.

13 hours ago, gunderda said:

Lame!!! Isn't that type of punishment for a week??

No, the joined-at-the-hip punishment has usually been a 48-hour one; remember Caleb and Victoria as Adam & Eve?

4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

A couple of questions:  what happened to Cody's brother?

Motorcycle wreck.

why would people be mad that Cody has a child?  

They're not mad that Cody has a child; they're (a) suspicious about whether the child exists because Cody hasn't mentioned Paisley previously, and (b) paranoid her existence could come into play in the form of sympathy votes.  Even though Cody specifically asked - and Kevin agreed to - not mention her existence to anybody else in the House.

at first Alex was setting up camp outside and now she has all her stuff inside, upstairs ... what's up with that?  Thanks.

The rules of Alex's punishment state she still has to execute her punishment even when the HGs are on indoor lockdown - so the upstairs skybridge outside the HoH room was co-opted for this purpose, to provide Alex a place to do so.

• Love 1

*sigh* I'm glad I went to bed before I watched the mess that was Alex conveying the entire Cody conversation to Paul/Christmas, including his point about dragging Christmas or Josh to the end. Just....Alex is definitely giving the worst houseguest a run for their money. I can't fathom why she wants to lose to Paul. 

Raven also had to jump in on the Cody hate and declare his undying love for her and how he loves to stare at her breasts. No, honey, he really, really doesn't. He might be trying to look at anywhere but your dumbass face, though. 

I'm mostly done after Thursday, because I am positive that DE won't have one of Alex, Josh or Paul go. I don't even want Maven to go this soon at this point, because they're utterly useless and not big players that'll affect the game. It'll be nice to regain the rest of the summer and not be obsessing over this dumbass show, at least. And I can come on here to read up on what's happening and snark if it's any good. But yeah, no more feed watching and no more episode watching unless something big is going down. I just can't watch Big Paul anymore. He's getting exactly what he wants and nobody's turning on him. 

I will legit come back if I hear someone turning on Paul and actively getting him out before F2. 

• Love 4

Didn't Cody lie about his age?  And apparently, he tried to pass of something from a movie as his own experience (I didn't see it)?  If that's the case, I suppose it's not surprising the HGs would doubt that he has a kid.

Eh, they probably would've doubted it even if he hadn't lied about those things.

23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just can't watch Big Paul anymore. He's getting exactly what he wants and nobody's turning on him. 

I will legit come back if I hear someone turning on Paul and actively getting him out before F2. 

I did this already after Josh won HoH and I knew Jessica was a goner.  I just couldn't stand one more minute of watching the minions winning.  I do check in here every couple of days to see what happened, but my stress levels have recovered nicely since I've ditched The Paul Show.

• Love 7

I don't know if there is anything more satisfying about this season than waking up each morning to check out the Joker's rankings and seeing that Raven hasn't budged from her spot, even with all the other creeps in the house.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, dolphincorn said:

I don't know if there is anything more satisfying about this season than waking up each morning to check out the Joker's rankings and seeing that Raven hasn't budged from her spot, even with all the other creeps in the house.

Her mother must be frothing at the mouth.

• Love 2

I think the producers' real mistake this season (if they were intent on Paul returning) was the way they introduced him to the house. The friendship bracelet situation set up a culture of trying to please Paul, be one of Paul's favorites, and become safe through Paul's approval, and I think that culture has remained for the entire season thus far. Those who were given bracelets felt like Paul understood them and like they were mildly indebted to him, and those who didn't receive one felt the need to convince him he had been wrong and win his favor. The BB game turned into a game of being buddies with Paul. They're all convinced that he loves them best--even Elena kept trying to convince herself in the face of all evidence to the contrary until she had nothing left to work with. Mark hung in for quite a while also.

Multiple people have stated that of course Paul would go up if they asked him to, when in fact he has been asked and declined twice. The reality doesn't matter. They all just project their game wishes onto him. For most it's that Paul will take them to the final two. For Matt, it's even that Paul will take Raven and help Raven win. That's just pure delusion. That Alex can't look ahead and realize Paul would never want someone in the final three with him who might win the final HOH, even with someone directly pointing that out to her, is another stunning gap in logic.

And now that the producers finally seem to be realizing that this hypnotization act is making for a very boring season, it seems to be too late to sway them from Paul's thrall. 

• Love 23
10 hours ago, urusai said:

raven has actual paying customers? lol they should get a refund.

AND she claims she has a competition team. 

9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

God, I'm gonna be stuck with Josh for the rest of the summer, aren't I? I can't stand listening to his voice, even more so than Raven or Paul.

I have this fear as well :(  I really want him gone.... 

7 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

It should be noted that Josh is the common denominator of all the verbal and physical fights in the house this season. 

It's all fun and games to josh until he takes it way farther than it should be and then plays the victim in the outcome......

7 hours ago, slasherboy said:

A couple of questions:  what happened to Cody's brother?  why would people be mad that Cody has a child?  at first Alex was setting up camp outside and now she has all her stuff inside, upstairs ... what's up with that?  Thanks.

Cody's brother died in a motorcycle accident.  I think being 'mad' about Cody saying he has a child is just another excuse to make him a villan because he hasn't wanted to talk about said child.  Like how Jason talks about his kid a lot. The back yard was locked down due to them setting up the stuff for the Outback dinner so when the backyard is not available for use Alex has to do her thing upstairs where the chess board used to be.

1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Didn't Cody lie about his age?  And apparently, he tried to pass of something from a movie as his own experience (I didn't see it)?  If that's the case, I suppose it's not surprising the HGs would doubt that he has a kid.

Jason CLAIMS that Cody's stories come from movies.  I dont know if any feeders have confirmed if Cody's stories were from movies or not.  But I made that comment to my friend (who is also in the service) who knows Cody how they don't believe his stories and she said "well where do they think the ideas from movies come from??"

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Eh, they probably would've doubted it even if he hadn't lied about those things.

He lied about his age, saying that he was 26/27 when he's really 32. But I don't think he's ever lied about any of his experiences. My issue is actually not that the houseguests doubt that he has a kid. That's actually the least of my issues. My issues lie with Kevin telling a secret, real or not, that Cody asked him specifically not to tell, and then having Kevin, Paul, Alex, and Jason using it as a way to personally attack Cody. Kevin's already theorized Cody as a bad parent if it is true, and Paul's agreed with him, expressing his dislike of Cody sleeping with Jess while his kid's watching, as well as other snide remarks. That's the issue I have with it. They can believe that Cody's lying about having a kid (and I guess also about his brother's death?? Kevin expressed his theory that he's lying about a dead brother) and think he's using it as a way to stay in the house, which Cody may be doing. But they cross the line with making it personal. Someone, maybe Jason, wanted to confront Cody about it this week, but Alex shot it down. 

I'm still waiting for that moment this week where Paul takes this information to Josh and Josh decides that he's going to confront Cody about it. Or that moment where Paul tells others and they use it as a primary point in a Cody bash session. That's what I'm really worried about. They, luckily, haven't talked about it too much, but there's a lot of time left in the week to do so.

• Love 5

These people are just pathetic and their treatment of Cody shows how insecure they are.  They have systematically constructed his eviction so there is no drama.  They did it to him when he was first evicted.  Then they did it to Jessica and now Cody again.  There has never been a point where Cody wasn't getting evicted.  And yet, they still can't just live out the week and pass the time.  They have to continue to tell themselves that Cody is evil or manipulative or whatever else they need to tell themselves to continue down this path.

This need to confirm their biases and unwillingness to self-reflect is why we are stuck with Paul running the show.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MV007 said:

These people are just pathetic and their treatment of Cody shows how insecure they are.  They have systematically constructed his eviction so there is no drama.  They did it to him when he was first evicted.  Then they did it to Jessica and now Cody again.  There has never been a point where Cody wasn't getting evicted.  And yet, they still can't just live out the week and pass the time.  They have to continue to tell themselves that Cody is evil or manipulative or whatever else they need to tell themselves to continue down this path.

This need to confirm their biases and unwillingness to self-reflect is why we are stuck with Paul running the show.

That's, unfortunately for us live feeders, every season. Houseguests always take the little things about their targets and make it seem like they're the worst. Cody's socializing this week? He must be doing it just to get votes. What a piece of shit. Last night, Raven was mocking Cody for making slop cookies and how he must be poisoning them or something. Or maybe he just wants to make cookies because he's hungry? Like, Cody messed up by not socializing when Jess was with him, and that's fine. He's also a tough competitor so it makes sense to get him out. But these mental warfare tactics by Paul just is for them to pass the time, since they need to justify their reasons for getting him out. Just like they're doing with Elena ("She's such an attention whore! She's a hoe! She's just in it for the fame!"). How they're doing it with Kevin ("He's so sketchy! He talks too loud!") And how Paul's already setting up Matt/Raven as the next targets after Marlena. And it'll continue to happen for the rest of the season. 

I get that BB16 was boring for many because it was clear that Derrick was winning. I liked BB16 but I understand why people found it completely boring. But Derrick never had bitch sessions about the targets. He never just sat down and decided to play mental warfare games. For me, he was still a decent person, even when heavily manipulating people around him. Paul's just not a nice person; he encourages this vile behaviour but is too chicken when he has to confront someone in a public setting. He lets the others around him do it because he's thinking about being the "nice guy" to get the votes. Which, ok, fine if you're actually playing the game, but you're still a piece of shit. Unfortunately, he's the only one actively playing the game, so he really is the best winner this season. Everyone else is officially too dumb to win. So, I respect some of Paul's gameplay, but I still don't want him to way because of the way he's been playing. 

Mark tried to get Paul to understand that this may be a game, but it can also cross personal lines, and Paul can't seem to separate the two. And that's ultimately why I don't want him to win.

Well, that and there's no way he joins Dan in the list of houseguests to never be evicted in two seasons. No, Dan's still a much better player than Paul is; I found that, even in the only season I've watched (BB14) that he could separate game from personal. He could make ruthless moves and get blood on his hands without fear of what people would think of him, but I don't think he was a total piece of shit to targets on the block. Paul's just not Dan, and he can't be. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Jason CLAIMS that Cody's stories come from movies.  I dont know if any feeders have confirmed if Cody's stories were from movies or not.  But I made that comment to my friend (who is also in the service) who knows Cody how they don't believe his stories and she said "well where do they think the ideas from movies come from??"

Given what I've seen of Jason I'm sure his vast world experience puts him in a prime position to judge a military man's experiences. Sarcasm! I would not be at all surprised to hear that Jason watched "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" before he went out to buy a car, or "Mary Poppins" to brush-up on child-care. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's, unfortunately for us live feeders, every season. Houseguests always take the little things about their targets and make it seem like they're the worst. Cody's socializing this week? He must be doing it just to get votes. What a piece of shit. Last night, Raven was mocking Cody for making slop cookies and how he must be poisoning them or something. Or maybe he just wants to make cookies because he's hungry? Like, Cody messed up by not socializing when Jess was with him, and that's fine. He's also a tough competitor so it makes sense to get him out. But these mental warfare tactics by Paul just is for them to pass the time, since they need to justify their reasons for getting him out. Just like they're doing with Elena ("She's such an attention whore! She's a hoe! She's just in it for the fame!"). How they're doing it with Kevin ("He's so sketchy! He talks too loud!") And how Paul's already setting up Matt/Raven as the next targets after Marlena. And it'll continue to happen for the rest of the season. 

Oh yea, I get that this happens every season.  But I do think there is something specific about the psychological makeup of this group that won't allow themselves to consider not going in the same direction every week. Past House guests would usually consider their options every week and legitimately consider who they should get out.  This group has a clear target and never really wavers.  I just remember past seasons where "bitter enemies" would team up for a week or two because nobody expected it.  If a player is all alone, like Cody is, then he has value to someone who is lower on Paul's totem pole.  But these people are such sheep they would never even consider working with him

Edited by MV007
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He lied about his age, saying that he was 26/27 when he's really 32. But I don't think he's ever lied about any of his experiences. My issue is actually not that the houseguests doubt that he has a kid. That's actually the least of my issues. My issues lie with Kevin telling a secret, real or not, that Cody asked him specifically not to tell, and then having Kevin, Paul, Alex, and Jason using it as a way to personally attack Cody. Kevin's already theorized Cody as a bad parent if it is true, and Paul's agreed with him, expressing his dislike of Cody sleeping with Jess while his kid's watching, as well as other snide remarks. That's the issue I have with it. They can believe that Cody's lying about having a kid (and I guess also about his brother's death?? Kevin expressed his theory that he's lying about a dead brother) and think he's using it as a way to stay in the house, which Cody may be doing. But they cross the line with making it personal. Someone, maybe Jason, wanted to confront Cody about it this week, but Alex shot it down. 

I'm still waiting for that moment this week where Paul takes this information to Josh and Josh decides that he's going to confront Cody about it. Or that moment where Paul tells others and they use it as a primary point in a Cody bash session. That's what I'm really worried about. They, luckily, haven't talked about it too much, but there's a lot of time left in the week to do so.

This is my issue, too.   Every word. 

Cody acted on an overture from Kevin that morning to join their side.  Cody saw a way to get closer to Kevin and hopefully open his eyes to Paul.  

@Nashville, had a witty and perhaps true observation, yesterday.  Kevin said to Paul, anyone can be a father.  Is this a reflection of his own life  [paraphrasing]?

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's, unfortunately for us live feeders, every season. Houseguests always take the little things about their targets and make it seem like they're the worst. Cody's socializing this week? He must be doing it just to get votes. What a piece of shit. Last night, Raven was mocking Cody for making slop cookies and how he must be poisoning them or something.

Agree with your entire post.  This season is worse than usual. 

5 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Oh yea, I get that this happens every season.  But I do think there is something specific about the psychological makeup of this group that won't allow themselves to consider not going in the same direction every week. Past House guests would usually consider their options every week and legitimately consider who they should get out.  This group has a clear target and never really wavers.  I just remember past seasons where "bitter enemies" would team up for a week or two because nobody expected it.  If a player is all alone, like Cody is, then he has value to someone who is lower on Paul's totem pole.  But these people are such sheep they would never even consider working with him

YES!   And this is why there is little to enjoy.  Is Paul so strong or do these HGs know too little about this game?   I think the latter.  Or do they just not care and seek a paid vacation in the jury house? 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Oh yea, I get that this happens every season.  But I do think there is something specific about the psychological makeup of this group that won't allow themselves to consider not going in the same direction every week. Past House guests would usually consider their options every week and legitimately consider who they should get out.  This group has a clear target and never really wavers.  I just remember past seasons where "bitter enemies" would team up for a week or two because nobody expected it.  If a player is all alone, like Cody is, then he has value to someone who is lower on Paul's totem pole.  

Heh. Never forget the Aaryn/Elissa team-up against Amanda that failed. Now THAT is a perfect example of what you just described!

Yep; with Alex laughing about Cody actually attempting to play the game this week with Paul/Christmas, there's no hope for these fools to turn on Paul. They're morons, that's the simple end result. Alex, Raven, Matt and Josh are all too blindly loyal to Paul to go against him, and Christmas, Kevin and Jason are loyal to a fault, but they wouldn't have the numbers to even attempt to get Paul out (I know Jason seemed on board with Cody's pitch until he saw Alex laughing about the idea; Kevin's expressed his doubts about Paul long term and Christmas seems to understand that Paul would cut her). Mark/Elena are fairly screwed, and Mark still has stupid trust in Paul. So basically, this season is a total wash. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I love watching Big Brother. But I just can't watch one person play, while everyone else just gives someone $500K with no fight. 

I wish I could say that I'm gonna stop watching for this reason, but I stuck around until the bitter end of BB16, which was much more boring than this season. Someone help me with this addiction!

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I can't fathom why [Alex] wants to lose to Paul. 

Well, remember in her pre-show Jeff interview she said she wants to lose this season so she'll be asked back for another season. *facepalm*

59 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I think the producers' real mistake this season (if they were intent on Paul returning) was the way they introduced him to the house. The friendship bracelet situation set up a culture of trying to please Paul, be one of Paul's favorites, and become safe through Paul's approval, and I think that culture has remained for the entire season thus far. 

That's why they did it.

17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

[Derrick] never just sat down and decided to play mental warfare games.

I so disagree. Do you not remember "You're taking food out of my daughter's mouth!" being uttered by him all the fucking time? Or the stuff he said about Brittany? Or the fact that he was part of the 'Amber's a tease' stuff? Honestly, most winners and hell probably most players of this game go to that type of place at least sometimes. 

10 minutes ago, MV007 said:

If a player is all alone, like Cody is, then he has value to someone who is lower on Paul's totem pole.  

The problem is no one wants to admit to themselves that they're the one at the bottom of the totem pole.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

If a player is all alone, like Cody is, then he has value to someone who is lower on Paul's totem pole

This is absolutely true, yet these morons all so far up Paul's ass that they all think they are special butterflies, and the few that realize they have to do something about it know they will never have the numbers so they aren't even going to try.

• Love 5

One of my biggest frustrations with this season is that the stupidity is not being punished.  Alex nomming her closest ally is one of the dumber moves in the history of the game.  Mark not using the veto on himself is literally a replay of a move widely considered to be one of the dumbest ever.  I just don't understand why there isn't anyone in there saying to themselves, these people are making themselves vulnerable and we should take advantage.

17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh. Never forget the Aaryn/Elissa team-up against Amanda that failed. Now THAT is a perfect example of what you just described!

I was thinking specifically of Elissa but couldn't remember who she attempted to team up with.  And I'm not even saying these people have to team up with Cody.  I'd just like someone to consider it in more than a half-assed way like Kevin did.  Or how about Matt/Raven wondering if they should pair up with Mark/Elena?  That is a no-brainer move that these nitwits won't even let themselves think about.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, remember in her pre-show Jeff interview she said she wants yo lose this season so she'll be asked back for another season. *facepalm*

Heh, Yeah, that'll never happen. She seems to be in the middle of the pack with online viewers. She's not outright hated, but she's also not loved. With her shitty gameplay right now, it's nice to know that she won't be invited back. 

15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I so disagree. Do you not remember "You're taking food out of my daughter's mouth!" being uttered by him all the fucking time? Or the stuff he said about Brittany? Or the fact that he was part of the 'Amber's a tease' stuff? Honestly, most winner and hell probably most players of this game go to that type of place at least sometimes. 

I'll be honest; I totally forgot about that. I mean, every single houseguest seems to participate in these moments. I think my point was that it wasn't the main tactic that he used. He didn't go around every week to bash the target constantly; I do acknowledge that he did sometimes bring personal into the game, such as this. He wasn't just a general piece of shit to my recollection (and I do tend to just forget about seasons once they're over so I could be misremembering). I think Derrick had a lot of walls up when he played the game. He didn't tend to break down and he kept focused on the game (besides those few moments in the season, like his grandfather's death or the video of his daughter and wife being shown to him). I know Christine and Frankie, in particular, used to bash houseguests constantly. They used to thrive on the personal attacks, but I don't recall Derrick going to their lengths. I think he even tried to shut it down from time to time. I guess the most prominent moment is when that wall yeller was yelling about their love for Zach, and Christine/Frankie/Cody didn't want Zach to find out, but Derrick told him anyway. He didn't have to do that, especially since Zach was a target that week. 

Paul, on the other hand? There's no walls up. He's not just focusing on gameplay; he brings a level of personal into it, even when he says that he doesn't. When he says "this is just a game; lighten up, won't you?", it annoys me because the form of bullying he does is not just about game. Christmas is not very nice and she does sometimes bring a level of personal into it (Cody and his military background), but most of the time, she sticks to game facts. Paul has no issue bashing his targets with personal attacks with his fellow minions. 

Paul's whole "Jody called Josh fat! You had body issues! How do you FEEL? I just want to know your THOUGHTS!" was not game related at all. It had nothing to do with Jody making Josh cry; it had to do with Paul trying to get Mark to admit that Jody was in the wrong and Josh was a victim by using Mark's personal experiences against him. 

But really, at this point, the other houseguests all suck because they allow Paul to manipulate them. So, at this point, I'm wondering if I should just give in and allow myself to just enjoy Paul's most loyal allies get stabbed in the back by Mr. Friendship. At this point, they really deserve it and brought it upon themselves.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh, Yeah, that'll never happen. She seems to be in the middle of the pack with online viewers. She's not outright hated, but she's also not loved. With her shitty gameplay right now, it's nice to know that she won't be invited back. 

I'll be honest; I totally forgot about that. I mean, every single houseguest seems to participate in these moments. I think my point was that it wasn't the main tactic that he used. He didn't go around every week to bash the target constantly; I do acknowledge that he did sometimes bring personal into the game, such as this. He wasn't just a general piece of shit to my recollection (and I do tend to just forget about seasons once they're over so I could be misremembering). I think Derrick had a lot of walls up when he played the game. He didn't tend to break down and he kept focused on the game (besides those few moments in the season, like his grandfather's death or the video of his daughter and wife being shown to him). I know Christine and Frankie, in particular, used to bash houseguests constantly. They used to thrive on the personal attacks, but I don't recall Derrick going to their lengths. I think he even tried to shut it down from time to time. I guess the most prominent moment is when that wall yeller was yelling about their love for Zach, and Christine/Frankie/Cody didn't want Zach to find out, but Derrick told him anyway. He didn't have to do that, especially since Zach was a target that week. 

Paul, on the other hand? There's no walls up. He's not just focusing on gameplay; he brings a level of personal into it, even when he says that he doesn't. When he says "this is just a game; lighten up, won't you?", it annoys me because the form of bullying he does is not just about game. Christmas is not very nice and she does sometimes bring a level of personal into it (Cody and his military background), but most of the time, she sticks to game facts. Paul has no issue bashing his targets with personal attacks with his fellow minions. 

Paul's whole "Jody called Josh fat! You had body issues! How do you FEEL? I just want to know your THOUGHTS!" was not game related at all. It had nothing to do with Jody making Josh cry; it had to do with Paul trying to get Mark to admit that Jody was in the wrong and Josh was a victim by using Mark's personal experiences against him. 

But really, at this point, the other houseguests all suck because they allow Paul to manipulate them. So, at this point, I'm wondering if I should just give in and allow myself to just enjoy Paul's most loyal allies get stabbed in the back by Mr. Friendship. At this point, they really deserve it and brought it upon themselves.

I think these people are all human.  Almost all of them say terrible things at some point.  They're being filmed 24/7 and I know I would say things about other people at some point that I would wish I could take back.  I think the difference between Derrick's quoted incidents is that they weren't as frequent as the people generally complained about this season.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish I could say that I'm gonna stop watching for this reason, but I stuck around until the bitter end of BB16, which was much more boring than this season. Someone help me with this addiction!

Yeah, I hear you.  I stick it out to the end, too.  I can be of no help.  

25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, remember in her pre-show Jeff interview she said she wants to lose this season so she'll be asked back for another season. *facepalm*

Oh good god.  This is exactly why she told Paul she was happy to take second sitting next to him. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh Alex is outright hated.  There are others ahead of her voters hate more, that is all.   It is so hard to choose who should be #1.  Paul is the obvious but Alex and Kevin are vying for that spot with me.  

• Love 1