Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, lunastartron said:

I think this is false equivalence. 

"I think you're ignorant or I'll-informed"/"I disagree with your ideological views" is not commensurate with a deliberate, premeditated, coordinated, and prolonged attack intended to humiliate, distort, and abuse with the express objective of inciting physical violence. Nor is it analogous to to Kafkaesque inversions of reality and effective fabrications about sexual violence, military service fraud, etc. 

I'm not going to pen a sociological manifesto about how recently enlightenment regarding transgenderism became mainstream and even just a few years ago other sexual minorities popularized catchphrases like "hot tranny mess." Cody's views on that issue are unfortunate and unempathetic. And I think Jess has been a catty, crude asshole at times. 

The premise that flashes of offensiveness mostly contained within commentary to each other is somehow morally just as bad as verbal abuse directed at specific targets with, again, the explicitly stated goal of creating physical harm is just sophistry IMO. 

Word to this. I often see this defense applied to women who were abused. I remember this a lot during the OJ Simpson trials. Lots of stories about how Nicole could be difficult, demanding, and had a reputation as sort of a diva around Brentwood. All of this might have been true but it did not mean OJ had the right to beat, stalk, harass, and threaten her (not to mention murder but we won't even go there).

Jess and Cody are very typical BB contestants -- sort of ignorant, self-centered. It didn't justify what Paul, Raven, and Josh did to them the other night. 

Just now, TimWil said:

I guess what Jessica said then was an "alternate fact." How very 2017 of her. And the show for letting her get away with it.

Qhat are you going to do? Call up the show? Demand that she get evicted? 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I guess what Jessica said then was an "alternate fact." How very 2017 of her. And the show for letting her get away with it.

She was for sure trying to mislead them, but technically she didn't lie. She said she won the hex and that is true. She said she has the power to keep them safe for a couple of week and that's also true...for instance if she won HOH one week and used the hex the next week. She strung those two thoughts together with an "and" to be misleading, but technically what she said was true. Now, if she'd said "I won the temptation  and it gives me the power to keep us safe for a couple of weeks" I'd agree she lied. But instead she said I won the temptation and I have the power to keep us safe. Technically not a lie.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, TimWil said:

It seems more likely that she was told what she could and couldn't say, not that she crossed the line and "got away with it." 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

I'm surprised they're letting us see it.

Mark made one into the hole. Has anyone else so far?

We usually get to see them practice when they let them practice before a comp. 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am positive the actual comp will be much different and more difficult. It always is.

I bet it's one where they have to hit it into holes with different points for each. But also, maybe it'll be similar to that golf one they did on BBOTT. Although I feel like that one took 500 hours.

Matt and Elena golf, so watch for them to do the worst tomorrow lol.

I was wondering that too but it took foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!  If it's hoh there are a few other options they've done in the past. 

1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

It's possible this practice comp is for the temptation competition. There would be no reason to include Paul in the practice rounds if it were an HOH competition practice. 

Once in a rare while they will have them practice for a future comp right before HOH and then it won't be hoh.  But of course bb has to be all secretive so even tho it's likely hoh everyone has to practice just in case. 

59 minutes ago, TimWil said:

No, it isn't semantics. The hex keeps her and Cody safe for ONE week, not "a couple." 

But it's valid for multiple weeks so she's not wrong. She's definitely spinning the words in her favor but she's not outright lying. And Paul apparently lied about his too and nothing was done 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

I think this is false equivalence. 

"I think you're ignorant or I'll-informed"/"I disagree with your ideological views" is not commensurate with a deliberate, premeditated, coordinated, and prolonged attack intended to humiliate, distort, and abuse with the express objective of inciting physical violence. Nor is it analogous to to Kafkaesque inversions of reality and effective fabrications about sexual violence, military service fraud, etc.

ETA: Even gruffness like Cody's blunt "I'm nominating you because I don't like you" is not comparable to what Paul and Co did/are doing. That statement makes Cody impolite and rude. It didn't constitite some sustained strategy to harass Megan into a psychoemotional break.

I'm not going to pen a sociological manifesto about how recently enlightenment regarding transgenderism became mainstream and even just a few years ago other sexual minorities popularized catchphrases like "hot tranny mess." Cody's views on that issue are unfortunate and unempathetic. And I think Jess has been a catty, crude asshole at times. 

The premise that flashes of offensiveness mostly contained within commentary to each other is somehow morally just as bad as verbal abuse directed at specific targets with, again, the explicitly stated goal of creating physical harm is just sophistry IMO. 

Let me clarify, since I didn't spell it out in my post.

In my view, this entire cast is garbage and one crew being trashier on a particular day doesn't make another group any more sympathetic to me

Point blank and the period.

I won't pen a sociological manifesto on how deliberate offensive speech against transgender people (Transgenderism?? really?) and Cody's willingness to rely on his voluntary, chosen military status to defend his hate speech makes him trash, because it's obvious. This was not a flash of offensiveness. His words were a hateful, deliberate choice. 

He perpetuated ideology that every day leads to marginalization and violence against transgender individuals, and he wanted to rely on a privilege to protect his abusive words. I don't really give a fuck who tries to abuse his protected ass.

I'm not going to jump on his side just because Paul and co are being assholes. (and assholes, they are.)

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 12

I thought @sunsheyen was saying the opposite ...j ust because Paul and co are picking on Jody and being dicks does not make them rootable or sympathetic since they also have faults. I could be misunderstanding but that seems like it wouldn't be a comparison as much as saying x person is problematic but I have renewed appreciation for them after y person did _ to them. 

I wanted to add that it's perfectly fine to feel differently or see things a another way of course. I don't like bullying in general but do recognize many of my BB faves in the past have picked on or bullied. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Raven has gained a lot of weight. Holy cow. She was wearing tight shorts and you can see that she's now got huge thighs and a tush. She scarfs down the most high-calorie foods faster than anyone in the house.

What do you mean? she can't absorb foods because of her multiple terminal diseases!

• Love 8

Josh and Christmas are talking About how raven went too far with her attack in jessica. She made it personal.  Try didn't do that. They don't agree with attacking someone's character. Josh thinks jessica and Cody understand that since they took a shot at him, he's going to take a shot at them.  Once raven went at Jessica personally they knew that was too far and they wanted no part of it. 

Chrismtas is on medication.....but what's Josh's excuse for being delusional? 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Josh and Christmas are talking About how raven went too far with her attack in jessica. She made it personal.  Try didn't do that. They don't agree with attacking someone's character. Josh thinks jessica and Cody understand that since they took a shot at him, he's going to take a shot at them.  Once raven went at Jessica personally they knew that was too far and they wanted no part of it. 

Chrismtas is on medication.....but what's Josh's excuse for being delusional? 

Uh ... a guilty conscience? It's not great but it's better than nothing. At least they're aware that lines of acceptable behavior were crossed. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TimWil said:

They let his Paulness get away with lying. Saying he was safe for another week! Why not Jess, he's nothing special

4 hours ago, Michichick said:

That is correct, but you didn't hear her say "the Hex keeps us safe for a couple of weeks."

Exactly!

• Love 3

DO you all think Mark has flipped again and will now go with the house ? Or is he misleading everyone ? I hope he is putting on an act for the minions. Jody really needs to win tomorrow. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 3

These people are always Cody, Cody, Jess, Cody, Cody, Cody, Jess, Cody, Jess, Cody.   Now they think it's odd and weird that Jess has been ignoring them all day? Umm on what planet would she want to hang out and chat with Raven or Alex? They don't realize how personal and horrible they got? Even JOSH of all people gets that.

Why is Paul always holding court and saying the same thing over and over, yet these people sit at his heels waiting for a treat for making it through.

• Love 11

I read on another board a great line " I like Cody in the game because he is in Paul's head 24/7".  What ever will the talk about without him? Oh, whoever Paul targets next. Poor Mark when it is his turn.

• Love 5

Omg, Paul is tedious.  How many contortions is going to go through trying to figure out the hex? He's reviewed a plan for every eventuality, parsed every word or inflection, assessed every rule.  It once amused me how freaked out he was about the hex but now I'm soooooo bored. 

• Love 4

Sorry for the crudeness, but this is too funny. Watching BBAD (about 11:10 BBtime), Paul is so stoked that he has "figured out" Jessica's hex. He says if he's right, he'll suck his own ***** dick. Unfortunately, he's wrong. Looks like we dodged a really big bullet on this one. LOL

• Love 14

thanks for watching, everybody, and keeping me up to speed.  the comparisons to Lord of the Flies is accurate.  

I believe that if this cast was on the first season of BB, we never would have had a second season. The viciousness of the attacks on each other is really difficult to watch. 

Paul is a sociopath who has most of them hypnotized into thinking he's smarter than anyone else.    There are so many people who are despicable.  I started out hating Jess and Cody, and now they're the only ones I like.  I have not been able to figure out how the others rationalize attacking them. nothing they did, that I'm aware of, was awful.  

Other thoughts  - egg shells in the carton?  My grandmother used to do that.    It's not a big deal, just keeping the eggshells in one place and tossing them in the garbage all at once.  There was also some reason to put eggshells around plants, but I don't recall. 

Switching the coffee to decaf is truly evil.  caffeine withdrawal headaches are terrible.  

Josh seems simple-minded to me.  there's something missing there, he seems very gullible.  And then he acts like a complete asshole, so I cant feel sorry for him.  And anyone who thinks it's Ok to bang pots together to antagonize people deserves to die a painful death. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, missyb said:

I read on another board a great line " I like Cody in the game because he is in Paul's head 24/7".  What ever will the talk about without him? Oh, whoever Paul targets next. Poor Mark when it is his turn.

But Mark will not fight back.  He will just give up.

Paul has whipped everyone into a frenzy of hate for Jess and Cody.  That is what unites them.

• Love 8

With this hex in play I'm so thankful to have a DVR. I can zip through Paul's never ending repetitive bullshit. I'm also thankful to only have BBAD and not the feeds. I'd hate to have to actually pay to hear Paul's sermon on the mount like a stuck record. It really irritates me how he goads his goats into harassment. I couldn't stand Cody at the beginning, but seeing him with Jess the other night and he was laughing and genuinely having fun and enjoying his time with her made me like him more. I also wonder if he doesn't suffer from some kind of PTSD. My brother was a Marine that went through 2 tours of Viet Nam and had it. Not that we knew what that was back then. He went from being very fun & jovial to being a quiet and withdrawn man when he came home. Over time he got back to being himself and talking more about what went on over there. I can see this in Cody and I doubt he ever got any help for it. 

About Christmas.....I thought when an addict is in recovery, which is the whole rest of their lives, they were supposed to try as hard as they could to not even use pain killers because it could reignite the addiction. She can't wait to get her meds all the time, so is it really super painful or is it something else? 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 7

I am curious how early or late the hex will be used. Will they strech it out until the final minutes? There was so much drama over the weekend that will need to be shown. Also, will the HOH be done by the end of the episode or will carry over to the live feeds?

Edited by ByaNose
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I am curious how early or late the hex will be used. Will they strech it out until the final minutes? There was so much drama over the weekend that will need to be shown. Also, will the HOH be done by the end of the episode or will carry over to the live feeds?

We didn't even see the Veto yet, with Jason's speech, prepared for by Paul.

38 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think HOH will be completed on the episode. With the temptation comp in the mix, they don't really have time on Sunday to show two comps. Also, based on what they were practicing yesterday it looks like the HOH competition  will be pretty quick.

Re eggshells in the egg carton in the fridge: I'm familiar with the Norwegian agricultural community Cody grew up in (he is at least 1/4 Norwegian) and eggshells in coffee is very common. I head of it as a kid and probably the older ladies in his church, maybe even his grandmother, tossed them in. Especially in the old percolators or the giant coffee urns at church pot lucks. My grandparents lived about 10 miles from his family so very likely knew his grandmother and father plus a ton of his relatives. I know a bunch of his distant relatives, some go to my church.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TimWil said:

Oh heck what wouldn't the show let any of them get away with?  Bullying, slamming pots and pans and marching through the house, vasaline on the door knobs and whatever being done with coffee. Food should definitely be OFF LIMITS! 

I think a little shoving almost got out of hand between Josh and Mark so let Jessica say anything.  Paul surely has lied and lied during this game.  He lied last week when he told Jessica they were taking out Josh.  She believed him...shame on her.    It's a game folks and people lie.  She can say anything she wants to say.  The game becomes if she can lie and they believe her???

11 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Word to this. I often see this defense applied to women who were abused. I remember this a lot during the OJ Simpson trials. Lots of stories about how Nicole could be difficult, demanding, and had a reputation as sort of a diva around Brentwood. All of this might have been true but it did not mean OJ had the right to beat, stalk, harass, and threaten her (not to mention murder but we won't even go there).

Jess and Cody are very typical BB contestants -- sort of ignorant, self-centered. It didn't justify what Paul, Raven, and Josh did to them the other night. 

Qhat are you going to do? Call up the show? Demand that she get evicted? 

I'm still in shock over that one.  I wonder if Julie's audience is allowed to boo when a contestant goes home?  They deserve it for those horrible actions.  I am still reeling from that attack.  Whew.

• Love 5

They're planning to torture Jody during their golf turns for HOH.  That'll look good for the live audience.  Paul has directed all of them to do it but it'll end up being just Josh. After the other night I hope they can take it. Jess was cool during the plate challenge but that's completely different than having to putt with Josh's goddamn song in her ear

Surely Jessica will NOT believe Paul will honor any deal he makes with her if she allows him to evict Cody.  He lied to her about evicting Josh and he will lie to her about keeping her safe for two weeks and putting Alex on the block.   How he might get around the lie with Alex is if he says he will put her on the block and does but has his minions vote for the other one, probably Jessica.  He's tricky.  If he gets rid of Cody this week Jessica will be next week.  For sure.

If Jessica believes any word out of Paul's mouth she's a fool and deserves to go home.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, missyb said:

DO you all think Mark has flipped again and will now go with the house ? Or is he misleading everyone ? I hope he is putting on an act for the minions. Jody really needs to win tomorrow. 

If Jody or him don't win  HOH then he'll stay with the house.  I can't blame him, he's basically a dead man walking. 

6 hours ago, llongori said:

Sorry for the crudeness, but this is too funny. Watching BBAD (about 11:10 BBtime), Paul is so stoked that he has "figured out" Jessica's hex. He says if he's right, he'll suck his own ***** dick. Unfortunately, he's wrong. Looks like we dodged a really big bullet on this one. LOL

So what does he think he does now?? She's told him so many times what is going to happen! lol 

19 minutes ago, TOL said:

They're planning to torture Jody during their golf turns for HOH.  That'll look good for the live audience.  Paul has directed all of them to do it but it'll end up being just Josh. After the other night I hope they can take it. Jess was cool during the plate challenge but that's completely different than having to putt with Josh's goddamn song in her ear

Again, I woke up to this cackling while sleeping and had to turn it off.  They were nice and civil to Jody all day, even have normal conversations with them yesterday morning and now they're back to burning them on a stake. 

Since they didn't show the veto meeting last night I have a feeling tonight will be 80% veto meeting and the aftermath, 5% jessica reciting her hex and then hopefully 15% HOH comp.  But if they were practicing last night either it's a super SUPER set up or they don't plan to do HOH live tonight.  But I hope they do so everyone can hear Josh and Co acting like fools.

21 minutes ago, TOL said:

They're planning to torture Jody during their golf turns for HOH.  That'll look good for the live audience.

I suppose production could avoid that by having the players come outside one at a time, hit the shot and go back inside to another room.

The ball is in their court, so to speak, on what is aired, live.

Thanks for all the updates.  Wow!

things hand.jpg

• Love 1

Paul looks 35 to 40, not 24.  Plus he so reminds me of a guy I used to work with who drank like a fish, smoked liked a chimney, smoked pot every day and had a really bad temper. Also he was short and bit off people's heads if he got teased about it.

I feel like I should sacrifice a few goats to any luck gods for not working with any of these people.

• Love 6
Just now, mertensia said:

Different names and the guy I worked with was a blond. Plus, to be honest, he would have punched out Cody by now.

Well thats not Paul then, he uses Josh and the girls as his shield, plus Cody would flatten him.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

They're planning to torture Jody during their golf turns for HOH.  That'll look good for the live audience.  Paul has directed all of them to do it but it'll end up being just Josh.

I don't even know if Josh would do it, he kind of iffy when Paul was giving him his orders. 

• Love 1

i am looking forward to Paul's face when it hits him that both are staying and he can't play HOH comp.  Delicious!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

I don't think they'd torture Jody during HOH. That would mean they do it on live television and I highly doubt most would want to be portrayed in that light. Maybe Josh will, with enough goading, but nobody else will. 

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

i am looking forward to Paul's face when it hits him that both are staying and he cannot play HOH comp.  Delicious. 

That is what I look forward to the most.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tickles said:

Paul has whipped everyone into a frenzy of hate for Jess and Cody.  That is what unites them.

This does happen virtually every season. Most of the players that are considered greats do it. Derrick used this tactic big time. And I do think that initially Paul was thinking strategically with his anti-whoever-his-target-is stuff, but since he's Paul, he ends up taking everything too far and being way too extra about it and so we got the display we did 2 days ago that went beyond the game.

ETA: I agree that it's unlikely that anyone will actually go at Jess/Cody during the live HOH comp, but at the same time it wouldn't really surprise me if Josh and Raven did. They really let Paul run their minds. Also, depending on where Christmas is with her meds I could see her going there as well.

Edited by peachmangosteen
On 7/30/2017 at 0:50 PM, DakotaLavender said:

Why do I have a sick feeling that f2 will be Raven and Paul? 

If that is the case, not only will that be the first finale I won't watch, it will actually be the first episode since episode one season one that I don't watch.  I'm getting close to pulling the plug on this show because of stunts like having Paul back and handing him immunity, but a f2 like that would be the end for me watching this show. I want to enjoy my free time

• Love 5

I think Christmas and Paul have both convinced themselves that Jessica's Hex isn't all that though for sure. I think it's mainly an ego thing. They just refuse to believe Jessica could get such a good Temptation.

Awww, Mark!

I really need him to stop kissing Paul and the Paulettes ass so I can like him again.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Christmas knows exactly what the hex does and never shared that with anyone.  I like her for that.  

Christmas has been fairly mean these past few days, but what makes me not totally hate her is her realizing how far they all went (though I wish she'd just apologize, damnit!) and keeping Jess' hex a secret from Paul. I remember the conversation with Jess and I'm fairly positive Jess told her the entirety of the hex, including Paul probably not playing in HOH (I could be wrong about this part). She isn't just a mindless follower, so it reminds me of what I like about her, even through the mean haze that has been around her for days. I'm really hoping a lot of her anger and hatred comes from her injury. It still wouldn't be right for letting this all happen, but I could see it as an explanation (not an excuse, mind you). I can't imagine that she's been dealing with her injury very well, so I expect a lot of her anger be directed toward her questionable future as a fitness trainer.

What I want to know is if this is Christmas' reason for her awful behaviour since her life has changed drastically since being in the house...what's Raven's excuse for being an awful person? Or Paul? Or Josh? Or Alex? Raven's had her pacemaker for YEARS and she's still a snippy little girl. Paul's a 24 year old person thinking that he's an entertainer as he inflicts "mental warfare" on people. Josh shows moments of clarity but continues to do Paul's bidding and is acting like a total bully while playing the victim at the same time. And Alex? She says she's a gamer and seems to use that as an excuse to act the way she does toward the girls as well as Jason. 

• Love 2

Seeing some speculation that Paul will get to pick the order they go in HOH golf comp. That's what happened the last time they had that comp. Not a super big deal. Still a crapshoot.

• Love 2

Christmas was supposed to be getting married this September.  Her gift registries are online so this is a fresh breakup.  That is part of her story that could be behind some of her actions.  There has to be anger and sadness in there.  

She knows the entire hex but Paul and HOH comp was not part of that conversation.  At the time I don't think Jess even knew.  She  may have asked about that later.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Christmas knows exactly what the hex does and never shared that with anyone.  I like her for that.  

I like her for that. Knocking someone's military career, not so much.

• Love 10