Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Wishful Invitation

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, snarts said:

Damn, so I could've declined all the showers I've been invited to for co-workers over the years?  Who knew?

Totally.  It's rude as hell to invite someone to a shower and not the wedding.  It's a total shameless gift grab.  I wouldn't go to any shower where I wasn't also invited to the wedding.  Screw that.

14 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Bravo. 

There are probably about a million things that folks could dislike about Beth.  But cleaning out the junk in her daughter's room? Seems like bitch eating crackers to me.  

You get 1,000 likes for using this term.   I once got into a ridiculous circular facebook argument with someone trying to explain that saying you're BEC about someone doesn't mean you're calling that person an actual bitch.  It was kind of hilarious.  This brain trust just could not comprehend the saying.

• Love 13

Bynn can't even trust her mother to not steal her clothes. You know that she is tossing anything that Jason or his parents give her. She is a loving and thoughtful mother. That is why she is making of spectacle of it on a TV show with her pretend friend. 

It is possible that the nanny or the assistants know which toys are important. That is why she was talking to the assistant about the toys. 

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Totally.  It's rude as hell to invite someone to a shower and not the wedding.  It's a total shameless gift grab.  I wouldn't go to any shower where I wasn't also invited to the wedding.  Screw that.

Here is what is odd about Luann's "shower" she put it on at a friend's house.  It was a dinner where they wore tiaras.  ISince her wedding was no gift,charity instead, my guess is it was more of a party to celebrate her bliss.  It is not as if Tom and Luann need a lot. http://www.eonline.com/news/798663/luann-de-lesseps-threw-a-huge-bridal-shower-and-made-everyone-wear-this-one-thing  The shower was before the invites went out.

Sonja worked her way out of an invite by shooting her mouth off.  There is an interesting set of videos that are part of this story.  Bethenny speaks of only one of the seven RH being invited.  Well I am quite certain, Luann was there, Bethenny and Carole said shitty things about the wedding to the press, I guess she and Tinsley weren't close enough.  Luann had Jill, Kelly, Cynthia Bailey and Marasol Patton as guests. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jezebel97 said:

I was not enamored with her right from the start, I see her for who she is in spite of the trappings of marrying into the UES scene.  That said, she is entertaining

I feel the same except for the "entertaining" comment.   I'd change that for well groomed and VERY well dressed.

• Love 2

I don't think Bethennney's purging was nefarious. But she is so tightly wound an generally joyless that everything she does seems to come across as contolling. To be honest I enjoyed that scene because at least she seemed humorous/genuine joking about the kid being a hoarder. It was a lot gentler of a kidding than I usually perceive her to make.

Similarly when Dorinda said Richard would go broke and she'd put his arse on Jeapordy I really thought there was some warmth to that comment. It wasn't a cutting or bull headed comment in delivery. I have to agree with some others that she obviously loved him and even his 'flaws' pretty deeply. Some people never move past their true love even if they move on. I remember in 04 people were up in arms that Teresa Heinz Kerry had a tendency to still refer to he first (deceased) husband as if he were her current spouse and acknowledge him as her true love. I thought it was refreshingly honest. Didn't mean she doesn't like the new guy, just that so much of her history and who she was was tied into that first marriage. I hope Dorinda finds that point one day. It slipped by on first viewing but she really seemed so much more content/playful with her family & Carole in the spaces and memories she shared with Richard. None of my fiends have lost a spouse but I'm starting to believe its easier for a widow/widower combo to work than a mixed pair since they at least share that past.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ladle said:

That comment made me long for the heyday of this show, with Jill Zarin and her "brar."  *embarrassed look*  I'll show myself out...

Dead.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Why does Luann even need a shower? 

Maybe she never had a shower and has grumbled, griped, hinted for MANY years to anyone with ears about how much one (several) would mean to her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

And I'd agree with you. However the average viewer wouldn't know what's going on in Beth's battle with Jason. Beth isn't supposed to discuss it on TV. So she gets her flying monkey to do it.  Bryn's been embarrassed enough by her parents.

Shut up, Carole.

When Bethenny wasn't talking about her divorce, while it was going on, viewers (including people on this board) went after her for thinking her private life is so much more important than the other Housewives' that she doesn't think she has to share. So now, the divorce is over, and she's said some -- very few, very infrequent, very minor -- things about the situation, and people go after her for airing their dirty laundry in public. It's clear she can't win no matter what she does, or doesn't do. But when Bethenny says the few things she's said on the show, there's a chance that Brynn and her friends will hear about it. But when Jason shows up at Brynn's school and makes a big scene in front of Brynn and her friends, there's no question that Brynn's directly affected by that.  Jason knew that Bethenny was a TV personality; he really dug it when he got to be one, too.  So maybe he needs to think about that before he decides to be an asshole.  What he does and says in public is fair game, and he knows that.

16 hours ago, BBHN said:

5351807-5ED3-SS-RichardMedley.600x400.jp

This sounds slightly insane, I know, but, somehow, I feel that he and Dorinda kind of look alike. I don't know how to explain it.

• Love 12

It's always possible Luann's group of friends are either looking to throw a party or get together and her wedding is just an excuse. I've had friends who had engagement parties or baby showers thrown for them where their presence was only of minor importance to the folks gathered. I actually think its refreshing Luann has had long term friends and stayed on such good terms with a large family. For one of 6 or 7 kids who all have families, I don't think 250 is that large of a wedding. And its not like she got married in a cathedral. My perception might be slanted by the fact that I live in a big town for weddings and grew up in the south where every frickin wedding and most funerals fill a minimum of half the church.

I don't think Lu's event is any more odd than Ramona's 17 year vow renewal or Beth's fully televised and noticeably pregnant 2nd marriage ceremony.

Then again I'm all for a good spectacle so we can share the snark!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I think your general dislike of Beth might be clouding your judgment on this one a bit.  

As long as she didn't toss Brynn's yacht pants, I think we're okay.

Standing by her manic-ness yet yes, I  hear ya, you're probably onto something there about how much I despise her-I get it :-) and hahaha on the yacht pants you just never know! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Bynn can't even trust her mother to not steal her clothes. You know that she is tossing anything that Jason or his parents give her. She is a loving and thoughtful mother. That is why she is making of spectacle of it on a TV show with her pretend friend. 

It is possible that the nanny or the assistants know which toys are important. That is why she was talking to the assistant about the toys. 

Reaching.

I think Beth is smart enough not to do this on camera.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think Hannah was seeking screentime in this instance.  This was about her stepfather who she apparently had a great relationship with.  I also think that Hannah was not aspiring to anything in her speech except her personal feelings about this man.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I haven't cared for Hannah in the past but what was shown on the episode was something deeply emotional for all involved.  I can't criticize because of that and I have no doubt that Hannah wasn't 'faking' anything for screentime when it came to Richard. 

I agree with you on that.  I don't think she was faking her emotions when it came to him.  

That said, these types of on-camera memorials make me uncomfortable.  And I'm coming from having recently been widowed.  I can't imagine bringing a camera crew and a cast mate to something very personal.  I felt the same way about Carole picking up the ashes and bringing Dorinda along.   I know it's nice to see a glimpse of their real lives but it makes me skeevy when it comes to having a departed loved one be a storyline on a show. 

• Love 10

I loved LuAnn's wedding dress and she looked stunning in it.  Good for her for having the big white wedding that she didn't have the first time since that's what she wants.  Almost as much as the wedding dress I loved how Lu shot down Ramona regarding the wedding invitation.  I've never been a Ramona fan but she seems insufferable this season, just a miserable person, and all the plastic surgery in the world can't fix that.

• Love 15

I don't think that disagreeing with Bethenny about going through Bryn's things and discarding them without is people "going crazy" about it. Different parenting strokes for different folks. But I have to question Bethenny's motive for doing it because it seemed just like an excuse to film there and talk about Bryn, as others have mentioned, because Bryn's room is so neat and nearly empty, there is nothing out of place and nothing on the floor.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I loved LuAnn's wedding dress and she looked stunning in it.  Good for her for having the big white wedding that she didn't have the first time since that's what she wants.  Almost as much as the wedding dress I loved how Lu shot down Ramona regarding the wedding invitation.  I've never been a Ramona fan but she seems insufferable this season, just a miserable person, and all the plastic surgery in the world can't fix that.

Luanne looks happy and no one is going to rain on her parade.

I didn't like the top part of the dress. I did like the bottom of it and the split veil.

Lu knows how to swat Ramona.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Standing by her manic-ness yet yes, I  hear ya, you're probably onto something there about how much I despise her-I get it :-) and hahaha on the yacht pants you just never know! 

I was discussing this with a friend about Beth being a horrible mother for tossing her kids stuff when she was at her dads. She said she did it to her kids all the time (when they were at school). I said oh, well I don't have kids, my mom didn't do this and I have a hard time letting go of things! (although I turned out better than my siblings)! My mother who passed away last year was a borderline hoarder, so maybe had she cleaned our rooms out when we weren't around, we'd all be a little less crazy! 

Again, no kids for me so I can't really judge but I DO try to sneak things into the garbage that my sig other (also has a huge problem!) refuses to get rid of. He almost always asks what happened to ____________ then I have to fess up! It doesn't matter if it's been a day or a week or a year, he knows that shit is missing! 

• Love 2

My sister's twins live in what looks like a gigantic toy store.  If she didn't do the "toss when they're in bed" method we'd probably never see or hear from them again.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luanne looks happy and no one is going to rain on her parade.

I didn't like the top part of the dress. I did like the bottom of it and the split veil.

Lu knows how to swat Ramona.

I thought Lu's dress looked a little home made, the top was not flattering at all, it did not look refined at all.  The bottom was better than the top.  The bridesmaids dresses were beautiful!

• Love 7

I thought Lu's dress looked a little home made, the top was not flattering at all, it did not look refined at all.  The bottom was better than the top.  The bridesmaids dresses were beautiful!

That was my take on it too.  I thought that in the photos back at the time and seeing Dorinda in her dress really convinced me.  The bridesmaids were perfect but both of Luanns looked cheap.  So it was odd to me to see that they were all the same designer.  Plus, I love the lace is what you say when you actually don't think it looks good on someone.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I don't think that disagreeing with Bethenny about going through Bryn's things and discarding them without is people "going crazy" about it. Different parenting strokes for different folks. But I have to question Bethenny's motive for doing it because it seemed just like an excuse to film there and talk about Bryn, as others have mentioned, because Bryn's room is so neat and nearly empty, there is nothing out of place and nothing on the floor.  

Makes you wonder if a child really occupies that room.... lol, I can't keep things that neat. :D

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

That was my take on it too.  I thought that in the photos back at the time and seeing Dorinda in her dress really convinced me.  The bridesmaids were perfect but both of Luanns looked cheap.  So it was odd to me to see that they were all the same designer.  Plus, I love the lace is what you say when you actually don't think it looks good on someone.

I posted a vid of Luanne's wedding on the first looks thread which shows the 2 of the dresses.

The designer is Brandi Rahm

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes the club. That site has gone through several businesses not even lasting a year. Jue Lan just passed the 1 year mark is still doing well.

http://juelanclub.com/about-us/history-of-the-jue-lan-club/

Thanks for this.  I was hoping there would be some old photos from when it was the Limelight and you'd be able to see me in the background with my Madonna headwrap and ripped tights.  I wonder how many of us who frequented the NYC clubs in the 80s rubbed elbows with Lulu and Sonja.

2 hours ago, Mojoker said:

But when Jason shows up at Brynn's school and makes a big scene in front of Brynn and her friends, there's no question that Brynn's directly affected by that.  

And again, as I said earlier, I AGREE with that. 

Where I think we're disagreeing is that I think Carole is a horse's ass. 

Just as I would if one of Jason's friends went on TV and pretended to be having a heart-to-heart talk with Jason (with a TV camera and microphone in his face ) while going out of his way to talk about what a head case Bethenny is.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Can we talk about how bad of a driver that dog was?

That made me cringe. Walk your dog, danggit. If the dog can barely walk due to arthritis or whatever, carry him/her is a dog purse or doggie stroller. I see those all the time.

I don't mind Lu wearing white. She eloped the first time around. Let her have her fun. As far as having a shower, I've had friends go online and contribute to the honeymoon fund rather than buy household items if the couple is older. They do a honeymoon registry. You can pay for a meal or buy champagne, etc. 

12 hours ago, F. M. said:

I was showing my husband Carole's couch, he said surely those kittens didn't rip it to shreds like that( he was thinking baby tigers) . Gross, don't care what memories it held, because they weren't being honoured letting it get that way. Yuck! 

Bwahahah! Baby tigers!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Thanks for this.  I was hoping there would be some old photos from when it was the Limelight and you'd be able to see me in the background with my Madonna headwrap and ripped tights.  I wonder how many of us who frequented the NYC clubs in the 80s rubbed elbows with Lulu and Sonja.

And again, as I said earlier, I AGREE with that. 

Where I think we're disagreeing is that I think Carole is a horse's ass. 

Just as I would if one of Jason's friends went on TV and pretended to be having a heart-to-heart talk with Jason (with a TV camera and microphone in his face ) while going out of his way to talk about what a head case Bethenny is.

400x-1.jpg

Are you in there? Do you remember The Palladium & The Red Parrot (I was really young and did a fashion show there - there was a TIGER!!!!)

For a short period of time before Jue Lan took over, The Limelight was transformed into a bunch of smaller boutiques

limelight-interior.jpg

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Are you in there? Do you remember The Palladium & The Red Parrot (I was really young and did a fashion show there - there was a TIGER!!!!)

Not in the picture but I spent a lot of time on that dance floor and those catwalks.  I do remember the Palladium but not the Red Parrot.  I was mostly faithful to the Limelight and the China Club on the Upper West Side because I knew bouncers and bartenders at both places.  I did go to Nell's a few times where I drank with Mickey Rourke.  He smelled bad.

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

The bridesmaids were perfect but both of Luanns looked cheap.  

I thought the placement of the lace was odd.  Like an afterthought to cover her brawr straps. And in the pictures, the back had these little bows that just seemed incongruous with the rest of the look.

I agree it's all about Lu and what makes her happy.  Shower, bachelorette party, white dress, whatev.   But we criticize all the other HWs and what they wear, how they live their lives.  All fair game.  Bethenny's wedding dress was hideous. She should've chosen one that made it easier to pee in an ice bucket.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I think Beth is smart enough not to do this on camera.

What makes you think she is smart? Shrewd sure. She knows how to make a buck. But someone who is smart would not use a flying monkey to stealth attack her ex in a disputed custody case where the judge specifically prohibited comment. Was she smart to pee in a bucket? Act like a crazy person attacking a coworker by calling her a whore? What smart business person does that? Warren Buffet? Bob  Iger? Zuckerberg? Bueller? 

Bethenny is a slightly more self-aware Snookie. Slightly.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

What makes you think she is smart? Shrewd sure. She knows how to make a buck. But someone who is smart would not use a flying monkey to stealth attack her ex in a disputed custody case where the judge specifically prohibited comment. Was she smart to pee in a bucket? Act like a crazy person attacking a coworker by calling her a whore? What smart business person does that? Warren Buffet? Bob  Iger? Zuckerberg? Bueller? 

Bethenny is a slightly more self-aware Snookie. Slightly.

Jason's attorney would get on her, imo.

That would be openly mocking him and his parents and honestly I don't see it.

Now, her doing this shit on the down low. ABSOLUTELY.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Not in the picture but I spent a lot of time on that dance floor and those catwalks.  I do remember the Palladium but not the Red Parrot.  I was mostly faithful to the Limelight and the China Club on the Upper West Side because I knew bouncers and bartenders at both places.  I did go to Nell's a few times where I drank with Mickey Rourke.  He smelled bad.

I thought the placement of the lace was odd.  Like an afterthought to cover her brawr straps. And in the pictures, the back had these little bows that just seemed incongruous with the rest of the look.

I agree it's all about Lu and what makes her happy.  Shower, bachelorette party, white dress, whatev.   But we criticize all the other HWs and what they wear, how they live their lives.  All fair game.  Bethenny's wedding dress was hideous. She should've chosen one that made it easier to pee in an ice bucket.

I danced with Michael Imperioli at the height of Sopranos mania. He had a really strong funky smell, it was at The Cat Club and he was Dorinda slurry/Ramona Pinot Coma

Luanne has a rocking body. She has to be careful with the cut of dresses she wears. The top part - is not cut on a bias and she looks boobless. It doesn't help that the bra part looked like 2 shoulder pads overlayed in cheesecloth. If you look at the video she also has 3 horizontal ribbons below her boobs. It was not flattering to her figure at all - she was a vertical tube of toothpaste. The still photos were nicer.

• Love 6
On 5/11/2017 at 8:50 AM, Misslindsey said:

Does anyone know if Tinsley went to college? She just sounds a bit flighty to me. I do not mind her so far. Also, was it the first episode where she said she wears her hair the same way because when she was in her more of a socialite days the media would recognize her? I guess I would like to see her do something different with her hair than the same curls all the time. 

According to this old Vogue interview((Tinsley was once a big enough society star to regularly garner these types of fluff pieces in print/online and on TV)) she has a BA in Art History:

I remember being so in love with her previous apartment in the video above---she was shown moving into it on her previous reality show "High Society." She used to seem so level-headed and put together in these types of interviews so it's weird to see that she's almost morphed into this aging Barbie doll-type fading flower a'la Sonja.

They really do have similar backgrounds though, both being glamorous blonde party girls, eternally stuck in their glorious pasts, having being left to fend for themselves in the city after high profile divorces from very wealthy men. And they both have mugshots. I still have some hope for Tinsley though---hopefully she's quit the drugs and gotten herself more together since that embarrassing arrest; I like that she at least "owns it"((tm Lisa Rinna)).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Luanne has no waist. But her bod is still banging.

She does have a waist - just the 3 ribbons placed everywhere not at her waist didn't help.

Did you notice the cake topper? The bride is a head taller than the groom

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Trooper York, you are terrible!  Come, sit by me.

• Love 6
On 5/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, BusyOctober said:

Tinsley's friend with the dog car was a joke right?  Please tell me no one on the crowded sidewalks of NYC is remote controlling their purse dog in these cars.  I could kinda understand it if I saw it on Beverly Hills since there are many ridiculous trends out in La-La Land (I don't condone it in any city...so unnecessary and ego-maniacal).

22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Meant to add to my first post here - Tinsley's friend was soooo annoying. Also she apparently doesn't know that you can actually buy strollers for pets. So rather than annoy other people with a child size car on a busy sidewalk, she could just put the dog in the pet stroller (which also has netting to keep the dog in in case he wanted to jump out) and most people would be none the wiser. Or in danger of a stupid child car hitting them, being driven by an even stupider person. 

No, we do not! She was being entirely extra.

Apparently Tinsley (or someone) said she looked like an old lady or something so she was telling her that she traded in the stroller for the car, which made her look cooler. Let me be walking down the street and one of these chicks run into me with that car ... 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, BusyOctober said:

Sonja: It was yellow ice, now it's brown ice...hahaha!

Me: dry heaving and scrambling for the remote

On 5/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, sasha206 said:

For the love of God Bravo, do we need a close up of dog shit?

That ice made me want to vomit. And I'm so sick of seeing the dog shit, and especially how they pick it up with a dry tissue ... AND THAT'S ALL. No cleaning or pet neutralizing spray, no hot water and soap, nothing. Just pick up the shit and leave the vestiges behind.

And Carole had the nerve to put food out in that nasty, hairball of an apartment? UGH. For such expensive real estate most of those apartments I wouldn't walk into, never mind eat in. Bethenny's is the only place that feels clean to me right through the TeeVee. I'd eat at her house. Hell, I'd use the bathroom at her house. [highest praise]

23 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Me either. I'm constantly secreting my kids' stuff into the trash. B calling Brynn a "hoarder" really resonated with me because these kids do not want to throw ANYTHING away. Rocks they found on a walk, animal fact cards cut out from a magazine, the cheap Oriental Trading crap their grandma insists on sending every holiday, every motherfucking scribble they ever put on paper. It's insane. When they're older, I'll step back a bit. But with elementary age kids, I think it's perfectly fine to control the clutter. 

22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Posters here who are shocked that someone would do this with their childrens' crap will really be shocked to know that some of us also do it with our hubby's. When I am going though my own clothes and weeding out things to donate to charity, I also do it with his. He has yet (more than a dozen years later) to miss one thing I have donated. Same with boxes of crap in the garage that I have been weeding though. Some have not been opened since we moved into our present house 12 years ago. If I try to do this when he is home, he has some reason why he needs almost every thing that I think should be tossed or donated. So I do it when he isn't here. He hasn't missed one thing yet. Zilch. Zippo. 

Edited to add - I do not toss things/clothes that I know are important to him. (Which I would imagine applies to parents as well). 

Yup, and yup.  

20 hours ago, BBHN said:

Are there really that many grown ass adults whining in therapy about how their parents fucked up their childhood and scarred them for life by throwing out a few toys when they were 6 or 7 years old? Are there even that many kids in therapy today to make this a big issue?

Like most parents, I'm sure Bethenny tossed out the stuff Brynn barely plays with and/or probably won't notice if it's gone.

The only reason things like that are financially valuable is because a majority of the people who had them threw them out. As an example, if a million copies of Action Comics #1 were still in existence, it wouldn't be anywhere near as valuable as it is now.

I'm sorry, if you're just going to be reasonable and not ascribe all sorts of ridiculous motives to an everyday situation, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. 

19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THIS is what Bethenny should do as another reality show.  I love the ones that show decluttering.  Hoarders of the UES maybe?  

YES. There are no more decluttering/organizing shows, and I don't know why. Lord knows I have issues with ol' Beth and how she's occasionally too reckless with that mouth in certain company, but I would watch her throw shit out (TM MotorCityMom65) and throw zingers at both the people and their stuff every day. And then make it pretty. I always love her homes. Nobody wants SkinnyGirl stuff anymore, so let's get SkinnyStorage going. Especially in NYC, who can keep all their shit? Ain't nobody got time (and space) for that!

C'mon, Container Store, get behind this. 

19 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Do you honestly think that the vast majority of parents are keeping all of this stuff until they reach some magical age when it is OK to have them part ways with the stuff? Trust me, most people are not. And if they are, they are probably Hoarders and you might be able to catch them on a much sadder reality show on another network. 

laughing-hysterically.gif

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She does have a waist - just the 3 ribbons placed everywhere not at her waist didn't help.

Did you notice the cake topper? The bride is a head taller than the groom

Did it have a pumpkin head?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Mojoker said:

But Lu isn't old money. I actually appreciated the fact that the wedding dress she showed off on the show was her actual wedding dress. So many times I've seen these shows where they make a big deal out of finding the dress, and the "this is the one!" moment, only to later see wedding photos and find they're wearing something completely different.  

Luann always tried to act like "old money" and claimed being a countess taught her so much about etiquette and the proper way that one does things. I guess she's just "regular folks" now since her new husband isn't royalty. But I can imagine how much snickering there was in palm beach when Luann walked down the aisle. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Seriously, why do you care so much? Bethenny may be many things, but if she was a bad mother we'd probably have heard about it. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Luann always tried to act like "old money" and claimed being a countess taught her so much about etiquette and the proper way that one does things. I guess she's just "regular folks" now since her new husband isn't royalty. But I can imagine how much snickering there was in palm beach when Luann walked down the aisle. 

I don't blame or hate her for wanting her white wedding since she didn't have one before, but there are few outfits I've seen Luann in that I've liked. Her taste in clothing is kind of tacky to me. Dorinda, on the other hand, has some things I could kill for, like that Missoni cape she wore last year that I'm still drooling over, and the black coat with the white fur collar and cuffs she wore to Ramona's birthday party.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, politichick said:

Seriously, why do you care so much? 

This is what my husband asks every time I ask him to DVR "my Housewives":  "Why do you care so much?"

His head would freaking explode if he read this forum and realized the stupid stuff every.single.one.of.us cares and talks about.

• Love 23

Lu can do whatever she wants (and seems like she did.) But I'm never not gonna think it's tacky that she's playing My First Wedding at her age. The long white gown, the white veil, the maids <snort> of honor ... no, girl. Doesn't matter to me that it's her first real wedding. If she wasn't trying so hard to lock down that title the first time, she could have waited and planned that fairytale wedding instead of rushing off to City Hall two weeks after meeting her wallet, err... first husband. Now - from where I'm sitting - it just looks sad, pathetic and try-hard at her age.  

But I wish them luck.

Wu%20Conghan,%20101,%20and%20his%20103-y

Hilarious her make a big exit out of leaving because she was meeting Tom, like anybody was supposed to give a good damn.  "Okay everyone, I'm leaving to meet Tom now! See how I'm beaming with love and joy while I make this announcement and ... " only to give up with a "screw it, they don't give a damn" and slinking out. Like the election, I wish this wedding was already over with. She's so shrieky and desperate about the whole thing and thinks everyone's world is revolving around her love life. Also, LuAnn with income is insufferable. She's the biggest bitch of all when she can lord the bucks over the rest. Too bad she has to keep marrying men who won't settle just for her to do it.

20 hours ago, Trooper York said:

So lets review what we learned this week.

Brown ice is not just for outside the dog park anymore.

When you can't talk about your ex because of a court order get your flying monkey to do it on TV where he can not defend himself.

The best way to take care of a dilapidated ripped item is to turn it inside out. Sort of explains some of the plastic surgery choices.

You should go through your children's possessions and throw them out without them knowing because you want to get them used to throwing things away. Clothes. Toys. Friends. Spouses. Parents. They are never too young to learn to throw everything away. You can never keep anything. They always leave you. 

When you want to honor your dear departed don't invite your significant other to support you....invite a camera crew.

Only if you take your life lessons from reality TV.

18 hours ago, Lemons said:

I'm surprised Luann is wearing a white bridal dress with veil. After all, one doesn't do that in a second wedding, especially if one is over 50. Luann was, after all, the grand dame of tradition and manners, especially the upper crust of which she is such a part of. 

I'm sayin'. You just KNOW she was the talk of the town. And not in a good way.

10 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Nells?

oh those were the days. ;-)

Drank too much there ... also the Palladium. And the Roxy.

Speaking of, whatever happened to that club behind the kitchen they hung out in for one season?  

• Love 4