Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Wishful Invitation

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But really they aren't Brynn's to control. She is 6 and has nothing. Beth would be well within her right to take away what ever she liked. Parents do it all of the time. I certainly did. I seriously doubt that she was taking things that were meaningful to Brynn. More likely just junk that she doesn't need or play with.

Meh, I think it was shitty of Bethany to get rid of toys in that manner. ANd I disagree that Brynn has nothing. This is her room, her toys, imo.

It is always a good idea to ask children, Imo.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Bethenny learned that during Scary Island.  I wonder if Ramona’s comments brought Bethenny back to that time, as they seemed to almost echo the words that Kelly said to Bethenny. 

I hate to say it, but Bethenny was smart to walk away – she came off as the better, bigger person.  She could have stayed and lashed out at Ramona, as she’s done in the past (Kelly, LuAnn), but by walking out, she made Ramona look like a fool.  Ramona is right, however, that it seems this season, Bethenny cannot take criticism, but Ramona should maybe wait until there is a valid reason to criticize.  Just wait – Bethenny will give a reason to be criticized, but this situation, I’m just not getting it.

I also wonder if Bethenny is getting therapy for anger management?

I think that Ramona  is angry at Bethenny for something.  She clearly feels that she has invested more in their friendship than Bethenny has.   Ramona made a comment about how she was there for Bethenny during her health issues – calling and visiting every day.  Something must have happened off season that pissed Bethenny off, or she just didn’t need Ramona anymore (more the case, imo).  Ramona is pissed and she is lashing out at Bethenny for that reason, I think.

Bethenny thanked and recognized Ramona very publicly during the last reunion for being so attentive while she was ill. If that is what Ramona is angry about then 1. Her support wasn't genuine and 2. What will suffice should B pop a vein for her?

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I'm beginning to think Dorinda does not like Bethenny .  You're right, Dorinda is stirring the shit. 

I also think Ramona may be a wee bit jealous of Bethenny getting a new gig with Frederick. I remember Ramona going after Bethenny just before her spin off with that asshat Jason. (Brooklyn bridge walk).  

She's alright with her now but back then she didn't trust her and saw very little of her. I don't agree that she should have said what she said but IMHO I think the underlying reason for it was essentially, at that time "F&!k Bethenny." Keeping the previous season in mind, this was only months later.

She's making a mistake with Ramona, who is playing a very clever game with Sonja now, trying to re-establish Ramonja. Whereas Sonja is being very clever, directly saying at the time she shouldn't have brought up Bryn, securing ties with Bethenny and later she'll buddy up with Ramona again. A total facade.

Dorinda is saying "kids are off limits" now but should have said it then, however she looks like she didn't want to align herself with Bethenny. However, Sonja wants that alliance with Bethenny; in reality Bethenny doesn't give two $**!s about her. To her, it's a show and you do what you need to and get that check. To Sonja, that friendship is another season and more airtime.

• Love 3

I have always liked Bethenny, but absolutely loved her this episode. From her cracks about needing a passport to get to the restaurant for lunch with Sonja because she had traveled so far yet Sonja didn't have to travel at all and was late, to the blank menu, to how she handled delusional Ramona, I loved every minute she was on my screen. 

Ramona? Yikes. First she tells Lu that people are making bets on whether the wedding will happen, then says she is kidding. Then she moves on to people apparently calling her to ask if they should buy their tickets to Florida? The woman is a pathological liar. She seriously thinks anyone would believe that people who are close enough to Lu and Tom to be invited to the wedding would call her, someone not invited,  to ask her opinion on the state of their relationship and whether they should purchase their plane tickets? OMG! Yet she wants to be invited so she can not go. Ramona really needs to hang on to her apple because with the way she is acting, I can't believe she has any social life outside of filming this show. 

I didn't mind Hannah this episode, but I do think she is young for her age. I don't think losing Richard as a step father has anything to do with that though. She was 11/12  when her mother married and they were only married for 6 years when Richard died so Hannah would have been 17/18. (Not sure of Hannah's birthdate and date of wedding but she was 22 in 2016). It isn't like Richard as step father was the only father she has. Her bio father has always been in her life as far as we know.  In fact he was the one paying for the apartment she was moving in to and the furniture from what I remember. I think she is just immature as she has likely been coddled her whole life. 

I don't think Dorinda being a bridesmaid at 50ish is all that odd at all. As others have said, many women have two or three marriages by that age. What is odd is having a flower girl who is in her 20's. Lol. It was nice though to see some of Luann's family - I don't think I ever have before. She and her sister look quite a bit alike. I was also surprised at how good looking the count was in his younger years - he definitely did not age well. I also enjoyed seeing Dorinda's parents and sister. I was surprised as well that Richard did not have a large headstone. Is it normal to have two different markers? (Assuming there is another one?). 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Vulture recap:  http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/rhony-recap-season-9-episode-6.html  Seems Bryan is waning on the Bethenny adulation.

This is a story about Ramona, a puff piece about her marvelous, all on her own, newly remodeled apartment.  In the article she mentions how much wiser she is than real estate brokers, of course. She goes on to say she is thinking about getting her real estate license.  Just a theory but I am wondering if Ramona is a little envious of Bethenny getting her own real estate show and leaving her out of the mix.  I don't think Ramona has an original thought in her head but the timing of the puff piece makes me wonder if Ramona is angling for some sort of storyline for next season.  Her daughter and fake dating don't seem to be working for her.  Ramona during her divorce talked about taking the real estate and Mario the cash.  Maybe she does know something about real estate.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4494154/Ramona-Singer-shows-renovated-apartment.html

It seems Ramona keeps getting cut out of the picture -first Luann's wedding and now the Bethenny/Fredrik real estate show.

I love Dame Brian to bits but he crawled up Sonja Morgan of the... I dunno Marinette County Morgans a long time ago and I'm a bit disappointed in him. The recaps are fun but despite what he'll say in recaps he'll kiss many a Housewives ass.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I did not mind Bethenny cleaning and getting rid of Brynn's toys. My sister-in-law does the exact same thing with my nieces' toys and general stuff, mainly before birthdays and holidays. My nieces get so much stuff from various family members and friends. They are Brynn's age and older. My sister-in-law tries to go through it quickly as well, and she has to do it when the girls are gone, because they will see something they have not played with in awhile and claim they need to keep it. They rarely ever know their stuff is gone or miss the toys that my sister-in-law got rid of. Nothing bothered me with that scene, because I have seen it done and have participated in it before.

Me either. I'm constantly secreting my kids' stuff into the trash. B calling Brynn a "hoarder" really resonated with me because these kids do not want to throw ANYTHING away. Rocks they found on a walk, animal fact cards cut out from a magazine, the cheap Oriental Trading crap their grandma insists on sending every holiday, every motherfucking scribble they ever put on paper. It's insane. When they're older, I'll step back a bit. But with elementary age kids, I think it's perfectly fine to control the clutter. 

37 minutes ago, politichick said:

OMG. Why all of the hate for Hannah? We've barely seen her. I thought she looked rather cool and I like the red lipstick.

I found Hannah annoying the first season Dorinda was on. I've become kind of numb to her now. I try not too judge the teens/early 20 something children too much, because I think that's just a really awkward age to be on camera. They think they know freaking everything and are just a bit too too. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Meh, I think it was shitty of Bethany to get rid of toys in that manner. ANd I disagree that Brynn has nothing. This is her room, her toys, imo.

Yes, except no. Brynn has no room, no toys, no anything. Beth has a lot of stuff that she has bought for Brynn. It can all be taken away if Brynn doesn't behave, if she abuses it, etc. As an adult my stuff if my stuff, even if someone gifts it to me.  But I could take away my kids gifts at any moment and did as a method of control. Clean your room or I will donate your shit to charity (did it once and never had to again - that is powerful). Do your homework or I will take away your phone. I could do that because they didn't have shit. They didn't own a phone but I did and I let them use it. The thing that Beth did is the thing that most people I know do. You go into your child's room when they are not there and cannot throw a fit, and throw away a bunch of shit they don't care about. I went in every few months to get the Happy Meal toys that my son would get everytime my mom took him to McDonalds. They were shitty little toys that he cared nothing about, but he would never get rid of them. So I would go in and do it and he never even noticed. That folks, is the way it gets done. 

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, TheMole said:

I love Dame Brian to bits but he crawled up Sonja Morgan of the... I dunno Marinette County Morgans a long time ago and I'm a bit disappointed in him. The recaps are fun but despite what he'll say in recaps he'll kiss many a Housewives ass.

It doesn't bother me because he is so honest about it. He loves Sonja, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know she is bat-shit crazy or doesn't call her out when she demonstrates that she is. The ones I hate are the ones that always find some big huge excuse for every single bit of bad behavior when they like someone. He doesn't do that. He calls them out, but lets it be known the behavior is not a deal breaker for him. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Didn't Sonja say something about no longer having interns?  Hmmm... Wonder what happened.

Someone should clue Dorinda in that she cannot hold her liquor.

I am amazed that Ramona is allowed out by herself.  She is pathetic. And ...tasteless.

Maybe they were all here illegally and got sent back home, with the new immigration laws?    (JK - I know that's not true)

I think the only person Sonja has currently "employed" is Connor - and, well, Tinsley is paying for room and board by picking up dog poop, buying cheap daisy bouquets from the corner bodega and serving Madame Morgan drinks while out on the town.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, except no. Brynn has no room, no toys, no anything. Beth has a lot of stuff that she has bought for Brynn. It can all be taken away if Brynn doesn't behave, if she abuses it, etc. As an adult my stuff if my stuff, even if someone gifts it to me.  But I could take away my kids gifts at any moment and did as a method of control. Clean your room or I will donate your shit to charity (did it once and never had to again - that is powerful). Do your homework or I will take away your phone. I could do that because they didn't have shit. They didn't own a phone but I did and I let them use it. The thing that Beth did is the thing that most people I know do. You go into your child's room when they are not there and cannot throw a fit, and throw away a bunch of shit they don't care about. I went in every few months to get the Happy Meal toys that my son would get everytime my mom took him to McDonalds. They were shitty little toys that he cared nothing about, but he would never get rid of them. So I would go in and do it and he never even noticed. That folks, is the way it gets done. 

THis is your parenting style and it is fine for you and your family.

I have alsways been asked as long as I remember and I extend the same courtesy to my kid.

It has been working fine so far.

It is especially troubling since Brynn went thru a horrific divorce.

Children need appropriate control of their life, imo.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  So what did Hannah do this episode to be labeled horrible or whatever?  I haven't liked some of her attitude in the past but I thought she was being very real and sincere this episode.

I thought she was the FARTHEST thing from sincere when she read her letter.  Speaking of the letter, coming from someone who has said she aspires to be a writer, Hannah's graveside speech was sorely lacking.  

Of course, YMMV, but methinks getting her mug more screentime is Hannah's primary focus.

• Love 2
Just now, LIMOM said:

THis is your parenting style and it is fine for you and your family.

I have alsways been asked as long as I remembered and I extend the same courtesy to my kid.

It has been working fine so far.

It is especially troubling since Brynn went thru a horrific divorce.

Children need appropriate control of their life, imo.

Totally get that. Everyone has their own style. What works for one won't work for another. Simply a different style of parenting. I would never in a million years lay a hand on my children, while others do and tout the benefits. I will, however,  throw their shit in the trash and not think twice about it. Someone upthread mentioned that Carole should discipline her kittens by hitting them so that they wouldn't destroy the furniture which worked in the past for this person, but the thought makes me ill. Different strokes for different folks. 

• Love 18
  57 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Those toys you threw away are now worth a fortune.

Good luck on Dr. Phil.

• Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Posters here who are shocked that someone would do this with their childrens' crap will really be shocked to know that some of us also do it with our hubby's. When I am going though my own clothes and weeding out things to donate to charity, I also do it with his. He has yet (more than a dozen years later) to miss one thing I have donated. Same with boxes of crap in the garage that I have been weeding though. Some have not been opened since we moved into our present house 12 years ago. If I try to do this when he is home, he has some reason why he needs almost every thing that I think should be tossed or donated. So I do it when he isn't here. He hasn't missed one thing yet. Zilch. Zippo. 

Edited to add - I do not toss things/clothes that I know are important to him. (Which I would imagine applies to parents as well). 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 22

Meant to add to my first post here - Tinsley's friend was soooo annoying. Also she apparently doesn't know that you can actually buy strollers for pets. So rather than annoy other people with a child size car on a busy sidewalk, she could just put the dog in the pet stroller (which also has netting to keep the dog in in case he wanted to jump out) and most people would be none the wiser. Or in danger of a stupid child car hitting them, being driven by an even stupider person. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Someone upthread mentioned that Carole should discipline her kittens by hitting them 

Yikes, I thought a water bottle was the way one trained cats. 

I think it's gross how much they show the doggie accidents on this show and how untrained the dogs are. I understand that there may be some logistics in taking a dog out when you live in a high rise vs a house but geeze, get them some piddle pads or hire a dog walker or make an effort to walk this animal you chose to bring into your life.  If it's a puppy or an elder dog I can understand but otherwise I blame the owners.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Posters here who are shocked that someone would do this with their childrens' crap will really be shocked to know that some of us also do it with our hubby's.

Guilty. 

Clutter gives me anxiety. If they haven't used it in 6 months, out it goes. (I also would never throw out anything I knew was truly important to them. But they're all too lazy/unmotivated it do it themselves.)

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Meant to add to my first post here - Tinsley's friend was soooo annoying. Also she apparently doesn't know that you can actually buy strollers for pets. So rather than annoy other people with a child size car on a busy sidewalk, she could just put the dog in the pet stroller (which also has netting to keep the dog in in case he wanted to jump out) and most people would be none the wiser. Or in danger of a stupid child car hitting them, being driven by an even stupider person. 

I think that Tinsley's friend was using her dog and that stupid remote control car as a means for her own 15 minutes of fame.  My opinion is that she thought it looked cute and quirky and original - maybe enough to become a "friend of" with recurring status.

It just looked stupid and annoying and rude AF to me.  Plus, I thought the friend was boring, annoying and rude AF, as well.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I've been trying to pin down just what Sonja's problem is with Tinsley given that she shared space pretty amicably with Luann. She had Luann living with her last year and was totally fine with her, so why is she being so passive-aggressive, and just downright aggressive, with Tinsley? I think it's that she is finding Tinsley a threat. With Luann she could feel that they were in the same boat. 50-something women trying to find that someone to spend the rest of their lives with - both having the same basic social circle and known to each and all for years. That Luann managed to get engaged is not something that Sonja expected (thus why Luann wasn't a threat). Sonja's nastiness to Lu last season all started after her serious relationship/engagement to Tom came to light. Up until then, Sonja could tell herself that her situation wasn't too bad, because Lu was in the same boat. Only when that changed did the aggression emerge.

With Tinsley, I think she thought here would be this person who would be dependent on her and was as screwed up as she was. Instead she's got a 20-year-younger version of herself in the house, one who is going out with her own friends and even scarier to Sonja, making friends in Sonja's circle. And by friends I think we can assume she's most worried about the men. Tinsley is everything Sonja has to offer, just a couple decades younger. So she's trying to proactively bring her down and undermine her confidence.

I liked Lu's dress. Wasn't sure at first, but as she pirouetted I liked all the angles. 

Other then that? Ramona? I agree about how she's not used to being the one iced out, so it's really throwing her - that and the fact that she has absolutely no story of her own is going to be a problem for her this year. I think Bethenny is very, very aware of how much damage she did to her own personal brand last year with her viciousness to Lu, so she seems to really be walking on eggshells this season. Noticed in the upcoming scenes that she's apologizing to Tom about drama she may have caused for him. So I think she's trying not to really lose it on anyone. That plus she really loathes that she's contractually obligated to attend these events. She uses any and every excuse to duck out early or not attend at all.

And Carole? She was fine last night. But I think it's interesting that for all the talk about how she's living with Adam and struggling with sharing her space with him, we haven't actually seen any scenes of them in that space together? Or I haven't. I missed most of the first ep of the season, so perhaps there? Given her general tenor with how she's talking living with him and how he's been mostly invisible, I'm guessing that relationship is not long for this world.

This is interesting to me as well. I follow both Carole and Adam on Instagram and at the time of filming, he was definitely living with Carole. His IG stories would fall in one of three categories at the time: 1) Adam prepping food, 2) Adam going for a run, 3) Adam playing around with Baby x 3 in Carole's apartment. I just looked at his IG stories (I fell off on watching folks' stories around December I'd say) and from the interior scenery snippets, I'm guessing he found himself an apartment of his own.

41 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Posters here who are shocked that someone would do this with their childrens' crap will really be shocked to know that some of us also do it with our hubby's. When I am going though my own clothes and weeding out things to donate to charity, I also do it with his. He has yet (more than a dozen years later) to miss one thing I have donated. Same with boxes of crap in the garage that I have been weeding though. Some have not been opened since we moved into our present house 12 years ago. If I try to do this when he is home, he has some reason why he needs almost every thing that I think should be tossed or donated. So I do it when he isn't here. He hasn't missed one thing yet. Zilch. Zippo. 

Edited to add - I do not toss things/clothes that I know are important to him. (Which I would imagine applies to parents as well). 

Heh. This sounds like my mom and stepdad's tactic to a tee. She has to get rid of things when he isn't there lest he swear up and down that "I was going to use that for something!" 

• Love 4

What do you want to bet that the stuff that Bethenny tossed were gifts from Jason or especially his family. She is the absolute worst person in the world. She gets around a court order by having her flying monkey talk about the dispute with her ex which is under a gag order. Then she throws her kids stuff away on camera. Doesn't she realize that this is on her permanent record. Some day her daughter is going to see this and find out that her mother thinks her childhood belongs in the trash. 

You know I noticed that Brynn's room doesn't have any wire hangers. Just sayn'

Happy mothers day to you! You are going to be lucky if your kid ever talks to you.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Smart lady!

My DH hasn't let me forget, for the last 20 years, how I threw away his Frye Boots and Levi jacket.

Yep, they're worth some $$$ today.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, LIMOM said:
1 hour ago, Mojoker said:

Good luck on Dr. Phil.

Huh?

Lost. Here.

Those baseball cards and comic books that were tossed were worth a big pile of beans. Mickey Mantle rookie card. Action Comics number 1. Star Wars action figures in the original wrapping.

Sure throw that stuff out. You never look at them. Useless clutter. What could go wrong?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I was wondering that as well.  The response, I don't like how you're talking to me etc.  The walking away rather than engaging is all very professional therapy as well.  A lot of this was filmed in November which is the lead up to Shields cease/desist.  And I know from the paps that they were filming the day Hoppy went Fatal Attraction on B at Brynn's school.  So if this was going on in my life I absolutely would be looking for professional help.

What happened at Brynn's school? thanks.

(edited)

At least they waited until you were out of kindergarten. 

Instead of taking the rattle right out of your hand  while you were still in a playpen.

There is time to destroy your kids memories and the safety they feel around his favorite familiar possessions.

Generally it is when they go away to college. 

Not when they are visiting their Dad and you throw away their stuff.

On TV. With your flying monkey laughing at your stuff.

The poor kid.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Those baseball cards and comic books that were tossed were worth a big pile of beans. Mickey Mantle rookie card. Action Comics number 1. Star Wars action figures in the original wrapping.

Sure throw that stuff out. You never look at them. Useless clutter. What could go wrong?

No one mentioned baseball cards or comic books. I can't speak others, but my kids have literal TRASH in their room. You should see the stuff they want to hang on to. I don't toss out prized possessions. But when you have 15 rocks that look exactly the same sitting on your dresser and you never even look at them, yea, I'm going to put most of those back in the yard. Stuff that's broken, torn, doesn't work any more. And then they give me crap about how hard it is to clean up? Yea, then you have too much stuff. 

To be fair, my kids are wildly generous. We make regular donations of our old/unused stuff. But what kills me is that they'll happily donate a really nice, working toy that they just got last month, but want to hang onto an army dude with no arms, who has 15 twins in the toy bucket. Like, seriously????

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Mojoker said:

Good luck on Dr. Phil.

I guess I'll be in therapy with my nearly seven year old kid  too because I go into his room at least twice a year and purge the room of the little trinkets he collects.  And there is no way I could do this if he was present.  If I didn't we'd need a new addition to our house. I would never toss a toy which he's attached too, but he doesn't need to hold on to every plastic Easter egg or Happy Meal toy that has ever come into his possession.  And I absolutely revoke his right to play with certain toys if he misbehaves.

If Brynn is anything like my son, she probably never even missed the things that Bethenny tossed out.

I like Tinsley.  Sonja is kind of being an asshole to her.

I don't dislike Hannah, but find her terribly awkward. I thought her scenes were awfully sweet tonight.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, bagger said:

Alas Ramona has gone from almost charmingly obtuse to total bitch in no time flat. Taking shots at Luanne and then not knowing when to stop with her condescending tone with Betheny?

Her lack of self awareness is astounding, she's managed to surpasse Vicki by leaps and bounds.

It looked oily and her face looked over filtered, I don't know what was going on with her whole look. 

Just once I wish someone would bring up Avery during a conversation that was less than positive.

That is the best way of describing the old Ramona!!!! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And she's 6.  Kids outgrow things mentally and physically.  So everyone moves on.  She wasn't throwing out the American Girl crapola because Brynn loves these, i.e. she is still playing actively with this.  It's NYC.  There is no room.  No basement, no garage, no attic.  This is it.  4 square walls.  Use it or lose it.  One of my favorite bits from last year was Bethenny going at Dorinda's closet with her.  It's what she does.  I personally would rather live with a tosser than a hoarder.

9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No one mentioned baseball cards or comic books. I can't speak others, but my kids have literal TRASH in their room. You should see the stuff they want to hang on to. I don't toss out prized possessions. But when you have 15 rocks that look exactly the same sitting on your dresser and you never even look at them, yea, I'm going to put most of those back in the yard. Stuff that's broken, torn, doesn't work any more. And then they give me crap about how hard it is to clean up? Yea, then you have too much stuff. 

To be fair, my kids are wildly generous. We make regular donations of our old/unused stuff. But what kills me is that they'll happily donate a really nice, working toy that they just got last month, but want to hang onto an army dude with no arms, who has 15 twins in the toy bucket. Like, seriously????

We routinely went through the toys and had the kids choose stuff to donate.  It made them feel good to know that other children would love to play with toys that they loved playing with. It was a great lesson in charity for them from a young age. A good way to get them to let go and for us to declutter. Anything broken wasn't allowed to be given to charity because we don't give broken things as gifts. We were sure to tell them that no new toys at birthdays or Christmas unless the toys were went through.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, jinjer said:

We routinely went through the toys and had the kids choose stuff to donate.  It made them feel good to know that other children would love to play with toys that they loved playing with. It was a great lesson in charity for them from a young age. A good way to get them to let go and for us to declutter. Anything broken wasn't allowed to be given to charity because we don't give broken things as gifts. We were sure to tell them that no new toys at birthdays or Christmas unless the toys were went through.

Yea, we always do a big donation box right before birthdays/Christmas. They are happy to do it. They often just give stuff to friends and their little cousins too. But you'd be surprised how quickly they amass crap, and like I said - they give away nice stuff and want to hoard every dang piece of paper they ever drew on. I'm not kidding, they have BOXES under the bed. It drives me crazy. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm still in disbelief at how she handled herself with Sonja at Ramona's dinner party.

Me, neither.  I can't unsee how she snarled at Sonja, "What off Broadway play?  It was a disgusting play."

I've never thought her attractive but when she said, "disgusting", her lips curled down and she bared her teeth.  As ugly outside as I reckon she is on the inside.  She was scary and I felt sorry for anyone else in her life who's been on the receiving end of that spittle-spewing angry mouth.

ry=400

• Love 7

I guess I'll be in therapy with my nearly seven year old kid

Are there really that many grown ass adults whining in therapy about how their parents fucked up their childhood and scarred them for life by throwing out a few toys when they were 6 or 7 years old? Are there even that many kids in therapy today to make this a big issue?

If Brynn is anything like my son, she probably never even missed the things that Bethenny tossed out.

Like most parents, I'm sure Bethenny tossed out the stuff Brynn barely plays with and/or probably won't notice if it's gone.

The only reason things like that are financially valuable is because a majority of the people who had them threw them out. As an example, if a million copies of Action Comics #1 were still in existence, it wouldn't be anywhere near as valuable as it is now.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, politichick said:

OMG. Why all of the hate for Hannah? We've barely seen her. I thought she looked rather cool and I like the red lipstick.

I also do not blame Bethenny from leaving when Ramona starts ejecting her stingers, and the way she was talking last night was just deranged. It's better to leave then to light into her fake ass. No one does mean quite like Frankel, so when Ramona goes low, she just goes so she doesn't hurt the poor woman.

For me, she's a grown woman now who doesn't appear to be doing anything but sponging off her family. Dorinda basically said she doesn't have a job and then questioned how she was getting money during the couch shopping spree.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It doesn't bother me because he is so honest about it. He loves Sonja, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know she is bat-shit crazy or doesn't call her out when she demonstrates that she is. The ones I hate are the ones that always find some big huge excuse for every single bit of bad behavior when they like someone. He doesn't do that. He calls them out, but lets it be known the behavior is not a deal breaker for him. 

You're right there he doesn't, but I'm not feeling the appeal despite the bat shit crazy and she's not that nice to Tinz, which he's gone lighter on than I expected. It could be just me but I feel like he's let some of that behavior go without comment and it hasn't gone unnoticed that she publicly courts his opinion every single week the show is on. Ramona and her are acting a little desperate on social media lately.  Moaner especially.

1 hour ago, chuckity said:

I thought she was the FARTHEST thing from sincere when she read her letter.  Speaking of the letter, coming from someone who has said she aspires to be a writer, Hannah's graveside speech was sorely lacking.  

Of course, YMMV, but methinks getting her mug more screentime is Hannah's primary focus.

Whatever way it came off, it was truly sincere.

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Maybe they were all here illegally and got sent back home, with the new immigration laws?    (JK - I know that's not true)

I think the only person Sonja has currently "employed" is Connor - and, well, Tinsley is paying for room and board by picking up dog poop, buying cheap daisy bouquets from the corner bodega and serving Madame Morgan drinks while out on the town.

She has an assistant and I think there is a PR person (she did borrow one from production at the end of the season or was it before the start? because she was very unorganized). Maybe she got sick of interns because they were talking. I don't blame her there. You'll still see her with the same group of people around the city at events who have been in her life for years.

With regards to Tinsley (dang it, still not mastered quote inclusion) the general consensus around town is that she was actually living there and not just staying there like Lu. So when she got to know the cast she openly started to talk about what it was like to live in Morgan Manor... the positive and the negative. So because nearly all involved in the show talks to someone(s), about three months in everyone knew Tinsley had enough. She got warned by a lot of people to get out and get her own place, live somewhere else, even in a doorway.  At least you can leave a cup where you want and bring a guy back to the doorway....terrible attempt at humor. Ultimately Sonja is pissed and feels that Tinsley was ungrateful. And it seems that way in my opinion from what we've seen so far.

this was long. Sorry.

• Love 6

Dorinda really showed you where it's at.

She brought dignity and compassion in the display of love for her deceased husband.

She couldn't invite her boyfriend. That wouldn't be right. That wouldn't be proper.

The only way to ensure a proper dignified remembrance you need a snaggle tooth cat lady and a bunch of TV cameras.

She is one classy dame.

• Love 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Me, neither.  I can't unsee how she snarled at Sonja, "What off Broadway play?  It was a disgusting play."

I've never thought her attractive but when she said, "disgusting", her lips curled down and she bared her teeth.  As ugly outside as I reckon she is on the inside.  She was scary and I felt sorry for anyone else in her life who's been on the receiving end of that spittle-spewing angry mouth.

32 minutes ago, ryebread said:

ry=400

ry=400

I've liked Dorinda up until that moment.  It was unnecessarily cruel.  I understand she was pissed at Sonja, but why not address the issue?  Instead it was an endless stream of vulgarity, slut shaming, and it didn't end.  They moved off the topic and then she picked another moment to go after Sonja.  By doing all of that, she made herself look like an awful human being and made Sonja look like a victim of a vicious verbal assault.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I guess I'll be in therapy with my nearly seven year old kid  too because I go into his room at least twice a year and purge the room of the little trinkets he collects.  And there is no way I could do this if he was present.  If I didn't we'd need a new addition to our house. I would never toss a toy which he's attached too, but he doesn't need to hold on to every plastic Easter egg or Happy Meal toy that has ever come into his possession.  And I absolutely revoke his right to play with certain toys if he misbehaves.

I like Tinsley.  Sonja is kind of being an asshole to her.

I don't dislike Hannah, but find her terribly awkward. I thought her scenes were awfully sweet tonight.

Bethenny throwing out her daughter's things made me cringe. I think it's better to involve children in the purge decisions sometime. Takes more time and effort for the parent, but teaches the child to prioritize and organize. Children may technically have no possessions, and few decision-making rights, but they're still human beings entitled to an opinion. The few possessions I still have from my early childhood would have definitely seemed like garbage to my  mother at the time, but each small thing has, for me, a very important memory and meaning attached to it, even all these years later.

Edited by Mojoker
  • Love 15
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

You should try involving your son in the purge decisions sometime. Takes more time and effort for you, but teaches him to prioritize and organize. Children may technically have no possessions, and few decision-making rights, but they're still human beings entitled to an opinion. The few possessions I still have from my early childhood would have definitely seemed like garbage to my  mother at the time, but each small thing has, for me, a very important memory and meaning attached to

This is extremely well said and absolutely right in every respect.

This is not a two year old. This is a child who is old enough to recognize her possessions and have an attachment to them.  Maybe they came from her Dad. Her grandmother. I saw that a couple of pieces of clothing were included. You never know what emotional attachment a kid might have to a costume from a school event or party.

I bet Bethenny still has the first broom she learned to fly on. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 10

Ramona has always had a sneer about her but she has developed a really nasty sounding cackle laugh that she uses at the end of her statements. Seems so medicated and sounds so nutty !

• Love 11
20 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I am often ashamed of my animal infested hair apartment....seriously Carole for fucks sake get a swiffer (it's 11 dollars!) or cleaners if a camera crew is coming, good god, I feel much better about my life. So I guess thanks for that! 

And Hannah is awful, can we please stop trying to make her happen? 

ETA: Tinsley's friend is a huge asshole, her dog in an Escalafe? The worst!

Said the exact same thing last night to my husband.

I thought the remote control car for the dog was obnoxious as hell.  I did laugh at their conversation about roaches though.  The one insect that will make me lose my damn mind and then some.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I love Dorinda, but, her daughter nauseates me-a precocious kid that grew up to be a haughty, spoiled brat. 

Carol has become Bethenny's mouthpiece. Just. Shut. Up. 

Weird to watch Bethenny film in her daughter's bedroom in lieu of with her. 

She was looking for more clothes to wear. LOL 

I bet Bethenny still has the first broom she learned to fly on. 

Omg, hilarious. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sonja probably BEGS for cups at various restaurants.    Sonja:  There's a tiny chip in my cup.    Server:  Oh, I'm sorry.  Let me get you a new one.  Sonja:  Thank you.  It's such a beautiful cup; may I have it as a keepsake?   Server: (betrays no emotion).  Of course, madame.  Let me wrap it for you.

I think she just stuffs it in her bag when the waiter/waitress is otherwise occupied. I also see her dumpster diving. She's got a lot of room in that creepy basement.

• Love 5