Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Week 7: A Night at the Movies

• Start Topic

I'm not mad at Mandy Moore as a judge. She was surprisingly helpful and well-spoken. I certainly enjoyed her more as a judge than a show choreographer.

Who in the world is voting for Bonner?

This couldn't have gone worse. Rashad should take this all because I literally do not care about any of the other dancers left. Actually, no, I don't care as long as someone upsets Normani.

• Love 14

So, I'm definitely worried about Nick and Nancy for this elimination, but I'm going to try to relax and hope for the best.

Damn, they started with a song from one of my favourite musicals ever. Aww! Alan dancing in the middle! That made me grin. I have high hopes for him getting promoted in the next season. 

Bonner and Sharna- I just can't root for him. I did laugh at Sharna's comment about having to include these elements without losing Bonner in the spectacle. Now, to the dance, there is still nothing there. It was very slow, not that the music had much to go off of. He was just walking through the motions, not really dancing at all, actually. I guess he did alright with what he was given, but nothing that suggests that he should stay over Nancy or Nick. I did side eye NotTangled Mandy Moore and her score of an 8. 

Nancy and Artem- She looks fabulous in her outfit. Also, they didn't show her being anxious and negative! They actually found an angle to use, even if it was all scripted. Going to the dance, she did a dance to one of my favourite childhood songs. I loved the dance. It was wonderfully done and think they nailed it. I love that Len is such a fan of Nancy. All 9s, though? Not one 10? That pisses me off because I just KNOW Rashad or Normani will recieve a 10. They don't NEED the immunity, show! Nancy does!

Simone and Sasha- Well, at least Bonner didn't get silent movie. I am becoming less and less impressed with her, to be honest. Again, her dance feels like a routine. Constant pauses or breaks before her next moves, which is distracting. Her dance wasn't awful, per say, but not amazing. I think it was a good, solid dance. It was entertaining and fun for a Charleston. And....I'm giving a middle finger to Carrie Ann who just screwed Nancy over. 

I tuned out the Disney Guest Stars. 

Nick and Peta- I think that Nick's improved so he might need immunity more than anyone. He can ensure that Bonner goes tonight! We got stuck with Maks in the rehearsal portion which...yeah. Nick is adorable. I'm glad I don't watch the Bachelor, because I can enjoy Nick for him and not hate him for his reality TV stint. I didn't think their dance was their best, but it was still good. I appreciate that he said that he didn't want to make excuses. And I love that Mandy and Bruno gave him 9s. He's such a good and humble guy. 

Rashad and Emma- I love horror, so I had high hopes for this dance. I enjoyed Rashad's horror story, as well. I noticed a few mistakes near the beginning, but the dance was solid. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I related to Rashad and his movie notebook. Also, his scores are tied with Simone, but I think he'll beat her out....if they're the two highest scores. 

David and Lindsay- I think that Lindsay needs to avoid lifts with David, even if it worked out alright this time. I get why they chose sci-fi with him. I do hate lazers because it lowers the lighting for the dance. At least he nailed the lift this time around. He seemed to be having fun, as well. 

Normani and Val- Despite how good she is, I've been real annoyed with how much her dances rely on extra stuff. It really needs to be just her and Val at some point, no Fifth Harmony members, no other dances, no extravagant props that overtake the performance. So this week was a real change in a good way. Her wig was very distracting, and she missed a couple of steps here and there, but it was pretty good. She really doesn't need immunity, though. Not surprised at her perfect scores. 

Now, the Dance Off. I didn't know how the dance off worked, so I'm glad they explained it.

Simone and Sasha vs Nancy and Artem- I am obviously rooting for Nancy/Artem. It made me sad to see their bar not moving much. It also felt like there was too much Simone/Sasha focus. I am sad that Nancy/Artem didn't get the extra scores. 

Rashad and Emma vs David and Lindsay- I think that Rashad/Emma were very strong. David messed up pretty badly a couple of times, so it's not surprising by the results. I'm happy that the votes were toward Rashad and Emma. A lot closer margin, so that really does say a lot about David's fans.

Nick and Peta vs Bonner and Sharna- Well, Nick deserved more votes for that dance. I burst out laughing when Bonner almost tripped when he was running around Sharna during the spin. Also, yet again, WAY too much Bonner/Sharna in comparison to Nick/Peta. 

And here comes the elimination, and my heart knows deep down that this will be the second week where I'm pissed off and disappointed. And....yep, Nick and Nancy. Of course.

And this is where I stop watching live. It's already obvious that Normani will win, David will probably get second, and Rashad or Bonner will be third, because apparently fans have a hard on for Bonner or Sharna, or both. It was nice to be part of my first three quarters of a season. It's been real.

• Love 6

BOO SHOW!!

Who did Bonner pay off during the dance off? Because he almost fell down spinning Sharna. Nick got hosed and so was Nancy.

I guess Rashad for the win. 

• Love 20

The delay from Erin's question to the producers over who gets immunity for tied scores (also ... how is that a question? isn't the tiebreaker always highest cumulative points? how do they not know this?) and then her sidestepping the answer with "well ... there are two more dances left" suggests producer play to me. David's probably not beating a 37, but I'm calling foul if Normani gets a perfect score. (For two reasons, actually. 1- because it's likely they knew she was to get a higher score because they made it so, and 2- there's a reason why they manipulated it to be so. Because she was to be eliminated tonight without it?)

Yep, calling producer manipulation on Normani, her score, and her injury. Okay, maybe not her injury, but definitely how the show played it for her package. She hurts? Please. I'd bet good money they all hurt. Why is the show so obviously propping her? Is she that lacking in votes? Also, now that Heather is gone are we going to focus on the fact Normani is also basically a pro dancer?

I wasn't even this disgusted by Bindi.

• Love 7
Just now, mtlchick said:

BOO SHOW!!

Who did Bonner pay off during the dance off? Because he almost fell down spinning Sharna. Nick got hosed and so was Nancy.

I guess Rashad for the win. 

Seriously.. I was actually doing that live vote thing and I chose Nick and Peta.. I couldn't believe how far the ticker was over toward Bonner.

While I'm biased as a Nick fan, I really am baffled about how Bonner is still around.  

And Nancy, imo, was one of the best and most graceful dancers this season.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

Yep, calling producer manipulation on Normani, her score, and her injury. Okay, maybe not her injury, but definitely how the show played it for her package. She hurts? Please. I'd bet good money they all hurt. Why is the show so obviously propping her? Is she that lacking in votes? Also, now that Heather is gone are we going to focus on the fact Normani is also basically a pro dancer?

I wasn't even this disgusted by Bindi.

How is she a pro dancer ,enlight me pls ?

also tell me who deserves immunity over her ,since u seems to think her dance was awful and she can't talk about an injury .

• Love 5

Ugh. I guess go Rashad? My Monday nights are free now. No clue how Bonner and David are still there. 

See y'all on the other side of the mirrorball.

• Love 9

Simone choose the easy way out with dancing with Nancy ,she should have chosen Rashad. 

I am shocked Bonner and  David are still here tbh. Nancy deserved 

• Love 5

I found it blatantly obvious that Normani would get all 10s if she did anything short of falling on her face.

I love David Ross, but Nancy certainly is a better dancer and I enjoy her and wanted her to stay. I was hoping Nick and Bonner would go tonight.

Hoping Rashad takes it all now.

• Love 11

I thought Nancy was so lovely tonight. I didnt expect Nick to last, but Nancy, really? Bonner and David stay..oh my goodness. and Grrrrr!

Of course Val and fifth harmony girl get immunity..( like they need it)

Simone was pretty good. Its a pretty awful season imho..sigh

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I found it blatantly obvious that Normani would get all 10s if she did anything short of falling on her face.

I love David Ross, but Nancy certainly is a better dancer and I enjoy her and wanted her to stay. I was hoping Nick and Bonner would go tonight.

Hoping Rashad takes it all now.

I hope Rashad takes it! 

• Love 7
Just now, Sstt said:

Simone choose the easy way out with dancing with Nancy ,she should have chosen Rashad. 

I am shocked Bonner and  David are still here tbh. Nancy deserved 

For me, it was just clear that Nick/Nancy were going by the lack of camera presence on them during their dance off. Nick and Peta got hardly any time before we had to watch Bonner run around Sharna like an idiot and almost fall flat on his face. But yeah, "great hip action" there. It almost took him right to the ground. 

• Love 20
(edited)

How did Bonner make it over Nancy? How? 

Too much troupe in Bonner's and Nancy's dances, though I thought the parts where Nancy and Artem danced alone were just lovely. My favorite dances of the night were Simone and Sasha's Charleston (so much fun!) and Val and Normani's Argentine tango. (Val really kills it with the Argentine tango - I thought of his fabulous AT with Meryl Davis after I watched this.)

Also, did anyone else catch Erin calling Peta the hottest MILF she knows?

Edited by Sister Havana
  • Love 5

The ticker was far over for Bonner before the dance even started. I voted for Nick throughout the dance at warp speed and it never moved an inch.

Nick was hosed. Bonner basically knocked Sharna out of that spin. Did they all miss that moment? At least Bruno knows what's up.

Nancy has been hosed worse than Heather. She has had arguably the most content in all her dances and she executes well. Yet I don't think she ever got to dance in the second half of the show. I thought she was better than Simone in both portions tonight. Poor Artem.

Nick and Nancy were my favorites so I'm totally done with this season. If I tune in again, it's just for Val.

This week was far more disappointing than last.

• Love 13

Okay first of all

HOW IS BONNER STILL THERE?!?  HE IS LEGITIMATELY TERRIBLE AND HAS ZERO CHARISMA!!

I just don't understand who is voting for him. 

Second, thank you Mandy Moore for addressing Simone's inability to connect emotionally. Maybe that's why I have trouble enjoying her dances and why she just comes off very wooden and fake. 

Normani was amazing and I'm glad she got immunity and I hope her injury doesn't impede her for future dances. 

Sad to see Nancy go before Bonner. It was definitely time for Nick to peace out. Still not sure how David is still there, but at least he has a fun personality unlike boring Bonner. 

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

Well that just freed up my Monday nights...

See ya all next season.

Me too.  I have never missed a show since I first started watching but I've already 'eliminated' the rest of this season from my dvr.  I swear if they ever have another gymnast contestant I'll skip that whole season too

• Love 4
Just now, Michichick said:

I kinda don't care? I haven't really liked Normani through this whole season. I've never been able to connect with her, she's always seemed a little cold and remote and practiced for me. And I'm not a dance expert by any means unless you count my killer sprinkler dance, but that dance? Wow. It was like Heather's last week. It was damned good and it sucked me in. 

I mean, yeah. Going last and being such a high scorer was kind of a dead giveaway for who was getting the immunity but damn. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

"Simone, we need you to look powerful." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so powerful!"

"Simone, we need you to look sexy." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so sexy."

"Simone, we need you to look playful." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so playful."

Uh huh.

I see Bonner is still doing his impersonation of a cardboard cutout of himself. He gets a 10 paddle for that.

Simone is robotic..

• Love 8
(edited)

Week 7

Finally an enjoyable opener!  Not happy about Mandy (choreographer AND producer) judging but I guess this new showrunner just doesn't care to even keep up the illusion of a competition. 

Bonner:  He's unhappy about not having input into the dances?  Nothing so far about him has been interesting. Anyway,  that was really slow getting started and once he did, it seemed a bit slo-mo.  None of the moves were sharp and didn't have any power or real commitment to them.  The 8 was probably for Sharna's production. Bonner's dance certainly didn't deserve more than the 7s.

Nancy:  Cute with a bit of humor (was that Alan she "kicked" out of the way?), again a lot of production getting started - I'm guessing this might be Mandy giving notes beforehand to all the couples.  She looked much more relaxed...finally!  Agree with the scores but should have had a 10 or two.

Simone:  Her expressions never change unless Sasha choreographs an expression for her.  Lots of tricks and flips but I'm left feeling nothing. Yea, it was technically very good but Mandy had a good question: what's going through your head. Answer: nothing - she's on autopilot.  That 10 was too high. 9s were ok.  She'll take Mandy's note and "see where it goes"? Huh? She's not going to work on it?

I skipped the Disney promo dance

Nick:  I liked the theme but I think Peta was doing 90% of it.  Nick's footwork looked confused even though he really only started doing anything maybe half way through.  With Erin it looked like Peta was struggling to smile.  The 9s were too high.  It should have been all 8s.

Rashad:  That was fantastic! Now do tptb want to give him or Normani the immunity?  Minor nitpicking by the judges but he performed the heck out of that!  Underscored.  That deserved a few more 10s.  Confused by Erin. I think she forgot David + Normani have yet to dance.

David: I enjoyed it but a Salsa? Not sure about that but he kept up, I didn't spot any errors.  I think they were hampered by the music.  I don't know what Mandy was talking about for THIS dance - as she was speaking, he was on his toes.  Also, he looked like he's gotten his 2nd wind and not as exhausted as last week.  Agree with the scores.

Normani:  Finally!  They performed the dance assigned!  Val didn't want to say a 10?   It was very good but I actually enjoyed Rashad more.  Scores were no surprise.  And how nice that doesn't have to dance-off due to back pain.

Dance-Off

Simone vs Nancy:  Simone had a lot of tricks but I think Nancy did more Cha Cha.  The judges seeing the viewer vote in real time - I wonder how that influences their choosing one over the other.

Rashad vs David:  Clearly Rashad was ready for this but David gave it a good effort.  The viewer percentage of 54% - yikes!  David's fans are clearly working hard for him.  I'd have thought Rashad would have a much higher percentage if the viewers were voting on who danced better.  Notably Rashad hasn't been assigned this dance yet.

Nick vs Bonner:  Nick definitely moves more than Bonner but Sharna was working hard for those 2 points. (Bonner nearly lost his balance!)  Results surprised me. I'm now really worried for Nancy.

Awww, sad to see Nancy go!  I guess this is a "surprise non-elimination"! Who all is voting for Bonner? Ugh!

Edited by Uke
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I kinda don't care? I haven't really liked Normani through this whole season. I've never been able to connect with her, she's always seemed a little cold and remote and practiced for me. And I'm not a dance expert by any means unless you count my killer sprinkler dance, but that dance? Wow. It was like Heather's last week. It was damned good and it sucked me in. 

I mean, yeah. Going last and being such a high scorer was kind of a dead giveaway for who was getting the immunity but damn. 

Normani does nothing for me, nothing at all. Oh yes, she;s good, I much preferred Nancy..

4 minutes ago, LizDC said:

Mandy Moore for the 4th judge's chair!  Or get rid of it altogether.  There's no need for Julianne there.  

No keep those two, boot CA off!

• Love 6
(edited)

Bonner and David's fans are doing them a disservice by voting to keep them in the competition.  They are clearly way out of their league at this point and should have gone a couple of eliminations prior.

If there is any justice, it should be Rashad for the win.

Edited by escape
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Sstt said:

How is she a pro dancer ,enlight me pls ?

I'll let Normani tell you ... from this interview:

"Dancing was my first passion so it definitely was most important."

"I started dancing when I was 3 years old ... In those early years dance became a part of my identity and helped shape who I am today. Dancing is more than just moving body parts, it is a pathway of expressing your deepest inner thoughts. When I dance I escape the present and become one with my soul. I put my all into performing so people can walk away knowing a bit more about me and feel the passion in my story."

(On releasing dance videos): "I wanted to create something that I felt completely represented me and I couldn't think of a better way than dance to do so. Being as busy as I have been for the past three years I haven't really had time to participate in my own activities. I couldn't have done this without the help of the incredibly talented Sean Bankhead."

Her experience just got overshadowed by the idea the show had also cast a Beyonce back up dancer.

And yeah, to me her injury seems producer pushed. Nancy was injured but didn't get that storyline. David is injured and pushed through. Nick was sore tonight, too. So playing up her working through her pain seems contrived, yes.

It's not been so obvious that the producers want Normani to win since they preordained Bindi and they're doing their damndest to back it up.

• Love 5

I was highly entertained by Dave's "salsa"...and I say that loosely as that did not feel like a salsa....and I liked Rashad and Normandi but I agree....there was manipulation from the producers...Bottom line, last week was more enjoyable to watch as a whole..while this week was hit or miss...I love Dave but even I know he should have gone home before Nancy...Bonner? Bonner? Really? Okay, then...

• Love 2

I think this was the first week I really enjoyed Simone's routine... I think it's mostly because that plastered smile finally worked for her "character" and the Charleston has a lot of acrobatics which she obviously has command over. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'll let Normani tell you ... from this interview:

"Dancing was my first passion so it definitely was most important."

"I started dancing when I was 3 years old ... In those early years dance became a part of my identity and helped shape who I am today. Dancing is more than just moving body parts, it is a pathway of expressing your deepest inner thoughts. When I dance I escape the present and become one with my soul. I put my all into performing so people can walk away knowing a bit more about me and feel the passion in my story."

(On releasing dance videos): "I wanted to create something that I felt completely represented me and I couldn't think of a better way than dance to do so. Being as busy as I have been for the past three years I haven't really had time to participate in my own activities. I couldn't have done this without the help of the incredibly talented Sean Bankhead."

Her experience just got overshadowed by the idea the show had also cast a Beyonce back up dancer.

And yeah, to me her injury seems producer pushed. Nancy was injured but didn't get that storyline. David is injured and pushed through. Nick was sore tonight, too. So playing up her working through her pain seems contrived, yes.

It's not been so obvious that the producers want Normani to win since they preordained Bindi and they're doing their damndest to back it up.

Bindi wasn't a professional dancer, Normani is..big difference

• Love 1
(edited)

I was sure it was going to be Bonner and Nick for the double elimination....especially Nick because they overscored him.  But Nancy?  So wrong.

I had no doubt whatsoever that Normani would get the immunity...obvious immediately.  She is a good dancer -- and that's what she trained to be.

Felt the first two dance-off results were accurate....Sasha had more energy, David made mistakes.  (And I love watching David, so it pains me to say that, lol.  However, his salsa (though not strictly a salsa, was fun and mistake-free.)

Mandy was a good judge in that she gave fair and helpful critiques.

BTW - the had another rain delay at Wrigley and they showed David's dance.  So 44,000 people got to vote.

Edited by sinycalone
(edited)

Now I know why I stopped voting a few years back, I got too involved and upset when my favorites left.  I basically wasted half my votes tonight on Nancy who did not deserve to leave.

WHY is the stupid clueless cowboy still here?

I'm gonna vote for David until the bitter end.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 5

I don't understand what just happened.

Of all the contestants left, Nancy - to me - had the clear, sellable storyline: former figure skating champion missing one vital piece of hardware is back in the public eye after 20-odd years. I liked that she was nervous and anxious and every other emotion I'd expect of a normal person. And beyond all that - she was a graceful, fluid dancer. It was enjoyable to watch. 

By this point in the show, I have no desire to watch Bonner and David. They are not good, nor do they believe they are good. Their fans have carried them.  

Simone doesn't do it for me. While I rooted for her heavily in the Olympics, I don't find myself enjoying her signature perfection in her dances. It feels robotic.

Normani is a wonderful dancer, but, again, I don't enjoy watching her dance. It's wonderful to have a skilled, talented star dancer, but it takes away from the journey part of the show. They should have a spinoff called "Dancing with semi-famous people who have a dance background"

Rashad .. no commentary here. I like him well enough.

And the winner for the week is Nick. Vanessa played the part of the sad fiancee, but I have to wonder if she's really that upset Nick won't be spending all his time dancing anymore. If he was being paid by the week, he still made a pretty penny. 

• Love 6
Just now, sinycalone said:

I was sure it was going to be Bonner and Nick for the double elimination....especially Nick because they overscored him.  But Nancy?  So wrong.

I knew it wasn't going to be Bonner deep down because he's never been in the bottom, and it's a wonder why he hasn't. I just wished that he would have gone.

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

Bindi wasn't a professional dancer, Normani is..big difference

Oh no, I don't mean to compare the two in terms of dance ability. I mean to compare the two in terms of producer manipulation and obviousness that she's who the producers want to win and my level of disgust thereof.

I apologize for the confusion and implication otherwise.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2

They really must have hated Nancy it wasn't about the votes they never gave her even one 10 all season. Lots of hate probably because she wouldn't talk about her injury or Tonya Harding.  The woman was the best technical dancer by  far and they nit picked Len knew because  he said that was a really great dance but lifted a 9. Unbelievable that the boot was so snark filled

• Love 10
(edited)

Do we really have to compare injuries?  Nancy won't allow her injury to gain any sympathy Athletes work through pain all the time. The crutch that the dance teacher is hauling out is pathetic 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, McManda said:

Oh no, I don't mean to compare the two in terms of dance ability. I mean to compare the two in terms of producer Manmohan and obviousness that she's who the producers want to Erin and my level of disgust thereof.

I apologize for the confusion and implication otherwise.

It was probably me reading it wrong..thanks for clarifying :)

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

"Simone, we need you to look powerful." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so powerful!"

"Simone, we need you to look sexy." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so sexy."

"Simone, we need you to look playful." Simone plasters a big cheesy grin on her face. CAI: "You were so playful."

P

Amen.  Amen amen amen!   Noooo emotion whatsoever, just the huge grin and the gymnast swayback pose!  

N

• Love 5
Just now, Sstt said:

She had to see an orthopedic surgeon that injury is really serious. So because she's been dancing since she was 3 makes her a professional dancer ?? .to be a professional dancer u have to actually be paid to dance . She is a singer first then performer second . I took it upon myself to watch the fifth harmony shows to see their dance moves and frankly I see beginner movies nevertheless professional moves .

i understand Heather is gone and u need another person to showcase your hate to but there's an option of actual just not . 

since we talking about ringers :athletes also have an advantage,gymnastics have a huge advantage..so 

I agree. She is definitely not a professional dancer. She has alot of training and it show but that ass shaking stuff she does as part of fifth harmony is not professional dancing.

I knew if Nancy left they would come for Normani.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sstt said:

So because she's been dancing since she was 3 makes her a professional dancer ?? .to be a professional dancer u have to actually be paid to dance . She is a singer first then performer second .

I'm sorry, I'll rephrase. A trained dancer. That interview was from late 2015, so she's been dancing for 15 years. Yeah, she's got experience. I also wouldn't say you need to be paid to dance to be a pro, but Normani also would qualify because she definitely got paid for those videos.

Also, funny enough, that same interview asked if she was a singer or dancer first. Her reply?

"Dancing came first but through my love of dance,  I learned another beautiful art of expression through song."

By her own admission she's a dancer first.

I liked Heather well enough, but I'm not against a Normani because she was eliminated. I'm against the obvious and blatant manipulation by the producers. (I actually liked Nancy the most, and actually enjoyed Nick.)

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'm not mad at Mandy Moore as a judge. She was surprisingly helpful and well-spoken. I certainly enjoyed her more as a judge than a show choreographer.

Who in the world is voting for Bonner?

This couldn't have gone worse. Rashad should take this all because I literally do not care about any of the other dancers left. Actually, no, I don't care as long as someone upsets Normani.

I am mad at Mandy Moore. She gave ridiculous scores.  She should stick to choreography.   

This show is a crock of crap. It's a dance show not a popularity contest.  No way Nancy should be cut while Bonner and David stay.  But that's what the judges want so that Rashad, Simone and Normani are in the final. 

At least that boob Nick is gone. 

• Love 5

First thing, Lindsay killed that choreography. They got the one theme that really didn't mesh with the dance and yet she managed to make it look sci-fi yet still salsa. 

Speaking of choreography,  Artem was fantastic this season. I'm so sad to see Nancy go, they were both so charming.

I understand David still being here because he's fun and you know, Chicago, but who is voting for Bonner? I thought Nick easily out danced him in the dance-off.

GO RASHAD! He's my only hope.

• Love 11