Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Week 7: A Night at the Movies

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, gohawks said:

I agree. She is definitely not a professional dancer. She has alot of training and it show but that ass shaking stuff she does as part of fifth harmony is not professional dancing.

I knew if Nancy left they would come for Normani.

Aww...Well I said from the start I didnt care for Nomani, so it wasn't her or Nancy on my part.. Nancy just grew on me that's all. I dont hate anyone, Normani is a 20 year old girl, and she dances..

Edited by Fanny Mare
  • Love 1
(edited)

The extreme dislike for Normani has truly become quite amusing. I don't get it at all. She did an amazing AT tonight and I'm glad she got immunity. She deserved it.

The Bonner thing has gotten out of control. He did two mediocre to terrible dances and was praised for each. Sharna used to be my favorite pro but she has annoyed me so badly this season with her "choreography" for Bonner. He doesn't dance! A lunge here, a two step there, throw in some acting, the end. It's infuriating to watch and they never get called out on it. Peta would never. Nick wasn't the greatest dancer but PETA made him actually dance week after week.

Rashad continues to get overscored but he's a nice guy so whatever.

Oh and Mandy Moore was a terrible guest judge. Her scores were a mess.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, gohawks said:

I agree. She is definitely not a professional dancer. She has alot of training and it show but that ass shaking stuff she does as part of fifth harmony is not professional dancing.

I knew if Nancy left they would come for Normani.

You forgot to mention that Normani is a competitive  dancer and dance teacher but she isn't the best technical. Ballroom and Latin dancer , she got the boot  

Edited by RedFiat
(edited)

The gnashing of teeth regarding Bonner is kind of funny. But then again, I couldn't figure out what was so overwhelmingly special about James last season so what do I know.

Nyle won the whole thing and was a personality gaping black hole who actively thought he was too good for the show in his pre-dance packages. Alek Skarlatos (who is probably Bonner's closest comp in terms of having a personality that doesn't really jump of the screen made the finale with a pretty unknown Lindsay at that point), Noah Galloway and Antonio Brown had distasteful personalities and each recently made a finale. People enjoy watching Sharna and him together, people who rooted like crazy for Ty Murray back in the day are probably voting again in somewhat higher numbers...and he's the seasons designated "I overcame a life threatening injury/accident" which is worth a entire season long bump in votes. Before week one, I had no doubt (unless he was in Master P territory) that he was at least making the Top 5 if not the finale....

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 4

How are Bonner, David and Simone still there but Nancy, Heather and Nick are gone??

I don't understand who Bonner's fans are watching the show.  He can't dance, he gets completely lost.

David is that sweet uncle dancing at the wedding but he should've been gone a couple of weeks ago.  Atleast we know it's Chicago keeping him in.

Simone has looked over the show since week 2.  I get that she's doing this for her grandparents but honestly, the girl is only interested in doing gymnastics.  Unfortunately not ever dance lends itself to gymnastics.  Mandy nailed it tonight we she called Simone out for being distant.

I thought Mandy was the most insightful judge they've had in a long time.  She had an advantage having worked with them each week but she sure knew their strengths and weaknesses.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Carousel said:

I am mad at Mandy Moore. She gave ridiculous scores.  She should stick to choreography.   

This show is a crock of crap. It's a dance show not a popularity contest.  No way Nancy should be cut while Bonner and David stay.  But that's what the judges want so that Rashad, Simone and Normani are in the final. 

At least that boob Nick is gone. 

Im okay with Nick going, I dont like him however he tried his best..his best wasn't good enough I guess.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'm sorry, I'll rephrase. A trained dancer. That interview was from late 2015, so she's been dancing for 15 years. Yeah, she's got experience. I also wouldn't say you need to be paid to dance to be a pro, but Normani also would qualify because she definitely got paid for those videos.

Also, funny enough, that same interview asked if she was a singer or dancer first. Her reply?

"Dancing came first but through my love of dance,  I learned another beautiful art of expression through song."

By her own admission she's a dancer first.

I liked Heather well enough, but I'm not against a Normani because she was eliminated. I'm against the obvious and blatant manipulation by the producers. (I actually liked Nancy the most, and actually enjoyed Nick.)

I may be biased but I see the manipulation more on Rashad and David side .david got 2 skype calls, Rashad and David were all over the commercials and social media.David is making the finals and he's going to bump simone/normani.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

The gnashing of teeth regarding Bonner is kind of funny. But then again, I couldn't figure out what was so overwhelmingly special about James last season so what do I know.

Nyle won the whole thing and was a personality gaping black hole who actively thought he was too good for the show in his pre-dance packages. Alek Skarlatos (who is probably Bonner's closest comp in terms of having a personality that doesn't really jump of the screen made the finale with a pretty unknown Lindsay at that point), Noah Galloway and Antonio Brown had distasteful personalities and each recently made a finale. People enjoy watching Sharna and him together, people who rooted like crazy for Ty Murray back in the day are probably voting again in somewhat higher numbers...and he's the seasons designated "I overcame a life threatening injury/accident" which is worth a entire season long bump in votes. Before week one, I had no doubt (unless he was in Master P territory) that he was at least making the Top 5 if not the finale....

OMG I loved James, compared to Bonner he's a pro.LOL

• Love 9

Just because she doesn't dance with Fifth Harmony doesn't mean she's not a dancer. It just means it's a skill that she doesn't utilize as part of that group.

Normani is an EXPERIENCED dancer, not a professional one. That fact was never hidden so i'm not sure why it keeps being brought up like you guys cracked the code or something. Anyways, this was her best dance by far and her perfect score was deserved. 

Bonner is going to ride Sharna's coattails to the finals and that sucks. david doesn't deserve to be there imo, but at the very least he has a great personality. Bonner has nothing going for him except his partner. 

I can't say I'm shocked by Nancy's elimination, but it was sad to see her go.

• Love 11

I think tonight and last week showed that it's no longer about the celebrities but all about the pros. Maks isn't anywhere near as popular as he used to be, and he can't get past an early exit with a professional dancer or a return from injury. Val gets immunity, which it seems like he gets every time they do this stupid dance off. I'm not sure anyone is voting for Bonner but rather Sharna has an incredibly devoted fan base who are still not over her and James not winning last season.

I don't think Normani will win. Her pro is the only one not going on tour this summer, which I think plays a huge part in how they manipulate the wins.

Man, do I long for the old days when they actually let the season play itself out and any manipulations were subtle and infrequent.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sstt said:

I may be biased but I see the manipulation more on Rashad and David side .david got 2 skype calls, Rashad and David were all over the commercials and social media.David is making the finals and he's going to bump simone/normani.

Well, David's definitely getting the manipulation edit, because he gets more "screen time" than anyone else. He gets the funny quips and gets the not-so-typical chats, usually referencing his baseball career in some way. This episode had them focus on David's family. The second person who gets the manipulation edit is Bonner, in my opinion. He keeps getting praised for things that he's doing wrong, while people like Nick and Nancy don't get nearly the praise that they deserved. I'm positive that David won't bump Normani. She's the shoe-in to win. He will probably bump Simone, though, which is both good and bad. Good because I don't think Simone's good enough to win so it wouldn't be this huge loss. Bad, however, because Simone is still better than David by a mile and she really is trying her hardest. His fans could probably beat out hers. Rashad isn't getting manipulated all that much. If he is, it's a lot more subtle than Bonner/David's manipulation edit.

I'm kind of rooting for Rashad more than Normani to win. Not that she isn't a great dancer, but I think Rashad would be more surprising and he's really improved a lot since week 1. He's such a gem to watch and I enjoy most of his dances. 

• Love 7

I have never missed a show since I first started watching but I've already 'eliminated' the rest of this season from my dvr.

I'm not there yet, but I'm damn close.  I smelled producer manipulation when Sasha told Smileygirl to choose Nancy for the dance off.  My suspicion is that TPTB wanted the two ladies competing against each other, so that the pairs of non-pros would be FF, MM, MM.  And when I saw how Smileygirl's viewer votes were overwhelming Nancy, I knew that Nancy did not have viewer support.  I don't blame the producers for eliminating Nancy (or Heather), but I don't think they helped her win fans with their negative rehearsal packages.

I'm not really mad...I just don't care about the remaining five.

• Love 4

I found it pretty interesting that Normani and Val got to do a Latin dance to actual Latin music.   No advantage there ... (note sarcasm).  I like Normani well enough but there were definately shenanigans going on.  I also noticed that it looked like Len got up and stepped away from the judges desk right after the Nancy and Nick announcement.  I know I was disgusted.  Nicole, I too rooted for her in the Olympics but I'm having trouble rooting for her here.

I wonder if Maks will finally go away now that Peta has been eliminated.  

• Love 4

In terms of dances, I did love Normani and Val's Argentine Tango. Also loved Simone and Sasha's Charleston.

I actually also liked Nick and Peta's Argentine Tango. I thought it was sexy and clever. 

If Maks got voted off along with his partner last week, why am I still seeing so much of him?

• Love 2

I mean, I know this is how this show works, but it's difficult to not get resentful towards both David and Bonner at this point. Nancy and Heather were both in another universe, dancing-wise, and it didn't matter. Hell, at this point, Nick was much better than them. At least he tried his best and visibly improved throughout the weeks, more than can be said about Bonner in particular. And for me personally, it's not fun to watch when weak dancers are stinking up the joint this late in the competition. Both David and Bonner have zero entertainment factor for me, so half the show is a wash. But good to see that the general audience lives up to its questionable reputation, I guess: Charming males skate on zero capabilities, talented female contestants get scrutinized and get the boot for "not connecting with the audience".

Also that dance-off? Some BS. I thought Nancy and Nick both won theirs pretty clearly, but I guess since the writing was on the wall for them anyway, the judges chickened out of giving them real scores...

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I'm not sure anyone is voting for Bonner but rather Sharna has an incredibly devoted fan base who are still not over her and James not winning last season.

I'm still not over James losing, but voting for Bonner isn't going to give James the mirrorball. People who are voting that way seriously need to stop. Bonner is baaad.

• Love 12

The hate for talented female celebs on this forum is a pure reason why Nancy and Heather are gone while David and Bonner remain.

Normani earned the immunity. She had the best dance tonight by far. She had props? Um, everyone did! She didn't have extra dancers and Val gave her authentic Argentine Tango choreography which she pulled off effortlessly. 

She never missed a step, it's amazing seeing people saying it to justify the overall hatred for talented female celebs. The types of females who win are the ones the women in the 18-45 age bracket vote for (the cute, bubbly little sister/daughter types). The fact that some women like Brooke, Nicole, and Rumer won still astound me.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, David's definitely getting the manipulation edit, because he gets more "screen time" than anyone else. He gets the funny quips and gets the not-so-typical chats, usually referencing his baseball career in some way. This episode had them focus on David's family. The second person who gets the manipulation edit is Bonner, in my opinion. He keeps getting praised for things that he's doing wrong, while people like Nick and Nancy don't get nearly the praise that they deserved. I'm positive that David won't bump Normani. She's the shoe-in to win. He will probably bump Simone, though, which is both good and bad. Good because I don't think Simone's good enough to win so it wouldn't be this huge loss. Bad, however, because Simone is still better than David by a mile and she really is trying her hardest. His fans could probably beat out hers. Rashad isn't getting manipulated all that much. If he is, it's a lot more subtle than Bonner/David's manipulation edit.

I'm kind of rooting for Rashad more than Normani to win. Not that she isn't a great dancer, but I think Rashad would be more surprising and he's really improved a lot since week 1. He's such a gem to watch and I enjoy most of his dances. 

Rashad is a lock to win right now .val not going on tour and he's the only active pro not going. I was hoping nancy would bump Simone but I guess not.

And with the David thing, he just got another rain delay video I m surprised they didn't report this one too like they did the other. there was no time?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Sister Havana said:

Also, did anyone else catch Erin calling Peta the hottest MILF she knows?

I wish she'd stop the completely over the top fawning over Peta. All it does is make me believe that rumored fling she had with Maks when they were partners and wonder just how deep it ran.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, McManda said:

The delay from Erin's question to the producers over who gets immunity for tied scores (also ... how is that a question? isn't the tiebreaker always highest cumulative points? how do they not know this?) and then her sidestepping the answer with "well ... there are two more dances left" suggests producer play to me. David's probably not beating a 37, but I'm calling foul if Normani gets a perfect score. (For two reasons, actually. 1- because it's likely they knew she was to get a higher score because they made it so, and 2- there's a reason why they manipulated it to be so. Because she was to be eliminated tonight without it?)

Yep, calling producer manipulation on Normani, her score, and her injury. Okay, maybe not her injury, but definitely how the show played it for her package. She hurts? Please. I'd bet good money they all hurt. Why is the show so obviously propping her? Is she that lacking in votes? Also, now that Heather is gone are we going to focus on the fact Normani is also basically a pro dancer?

I wasn't even this disgusted by Bindi.

I recall this happened with Amber.   Amber was complaining about all her knee pain.  As predicted, she got immunity (thanks to partnering with Derek).  Later she admitted that they hadn't rehearsed the 3 dance-off dances at all, just assuming they'd get immunity.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, katha said:

Both David and Bonner have zero entertainment factor for me, so half the show is a wash. But good to see that the general audience lives up to its questionable reputation, I guess: Charming males skate on zero capabilities, talented female contestants get scrutinized and get the boot for "not connecting with the audience".

Exactly. I'm sorry (not really), but a fun personality doesn't distract me from your terrible dancing. 

Anything other than a Normani/Rashad/Simone final will be a travesty 

• Love 8

The extreme dislike for Normani has truly become quite amusing. I don't get it at all. 

I don't dislike Normani at all. She seems to work hard and be perfectly pleasant (when she's allowed to talk). What I don't like is her partner who rarely choreographs enough content and barely let's her get a word in edgewise and the fact that the producers seem to be pulling manipulative shenanigans to advance them when I don't think they need it.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

The hate for talented female celebs on this forum is a pure reason why Nancy and Heather are gone while David and Bonner remain.

Is this still true if I actively backed both Heather and Nancy?

Again, and I don't speak for everyone, but my issue is not worth Normani personally. I said nothing of her dancing - she's good, and her Argentine tango was good, too. It's that there hasn't been this level of obvious manipulation and pre-ordainedness (is that a word?) since Bindi and I have an issue with that.

Normani should be able to stand by her training and win by herself, not because the producers made it so. Otherwise America should vote and Bonner, Nick, and David could (have) be the final three.

(But no, the show doesn't want that to happen!)

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, nic said:

Normani is an EXPERIENCED dancer, not a professional one. That fact was never hidden so i'm not sure why it keeps being brought up like you guys cracked the code or something. Anyways, this was her best dance by far and her perfect score was deserved. 

Bonner is going to ride Sharna's coattails to the finals and that sucks. david doesn't deserve to be there imo, but at the very least he has a great personality. Bonner has nothing going for him except his partner. 

I can't say I'm shocked by Nancy's elimination, but it was sad to see her go.

A Trained Experienced Competitive Dancer and Dance Teacher. Kind of razor close to pro.  I'm not shocked by Nancy's elimination, especially when she won't talk about an injury that requires surgery, or she won't go back in history and talk about the time she was assaulted or the time she was robbed of her Olympic gold medal. No, I don't think Nancy ever had a chance, they never gave her a 10 all season even when Julianne called her Samba the best of many seasons or when Len called her a front runner. The best technical dancer on the show was given the boot.  The show wants boring cheesy  production numbers and keep people on the show who don't dance the prescribed dances, and then cast the ringer to get immunity.

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, McManda said:

Just because she doesn't dance with Fifth Harmony doesn't mean she's not a dancer. It just means it's a skill that she doesn't utilize as part of that group.

"That group" is pretty much her entire existence. 

• Love 1

I think David is this year's Bill Engvall. The guy you wonder how is he still around, but he is generally charming and doesn't completely suck up the place. I cannot figure out Bonner at all. I used to like Shayna but I am tired of her this season. 

My favorite is Rashad.  I don't particularly want Normani to win for multiple reasons - her attitude is cool (to me), I am tired of Val, and I just do not particularly enjoy her dances. Rashad I tend to smile through or cry or feel good. Simone is fine, technically. I don't feel she is as cold as Normani. But I do not hate Normani. She just isn't my preference for dance type and emotion is all. 

As far as this actual episode, I think it was not cool to have the bars in the background during the dance off where the dancers could see the results. I was disheartened for Nancy and Artem when there was just so much red on that screen! 

I love horror movies, so Rashad's dance was my favorite. Plus I love Carmena Burana. 

• Love 6

How is Bonner still there? In all honestly I didn't really watch tonight. I FF though a lot, I really wanted Heather to get to the semi finals and I care less about anyone else. But still.. Bonner is still making it this far?

(edited)

I had to laugh when Carrie Ann said Rashad's dance felt epic. Uh, he was dancing to O Fortuna. If you can't make that feel epic you need to sit down.

I surprised myself by liking some of Mandy Moore's critiques. I thought that using fast muscle twitch and relating it to baseball was a great note for David. 

Edited by sab85
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani earned the immunity. She had the best dance tonight by far. She had props? Um, everyone did! She didn't have extra dancers and Val gave her authentic Argentine Tango choreography which she pulled off effortlessly. 

She never missed a step, it's amazing seeing people saying it to justify the overall hatred for talented female celebs. The types of females who win are the ones the women in the 18-45 age bracket vote for (the cute, bubbly little sister/daughter types). The fact that some women like Brooke, Nicole, and Rumer won still astound me.

I disagree I thought Nancy had by far the best most technically superior and best production number of the night. I thought Normans was okay but her step sequences were farther apart then I like and being a pro I thought she would be sharper on her engauchos. I noticed Val didn't give her the footwork he gave someone like Meryl, for instance. By contrast Artem when full on  with very technical footwork, this was a superior dance to Nicole and Derek's from season 10 . But hey, put Nancy early in the show like they have for most of her 7 weeks, score her low, nit pick and voila she loses and leaves. 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 5

Seriously, who is voting for Bonner? Who?

There are always some bad dancers who make it way too far on this show but you can usually pinpoint who is voting for them and why. Heck, David is an example of that this season. He is not a great dancer but he comes in riding the wave of the Cubs World Series victory with a boatload of Cubs (and Red Sox ) fans behind him. Plus he has a fun personality. I get why people are voting for him even if he is not nearly the best dancer left. Sure Bill Engvall had no place in the finale but he had a similar fun presence and his partnership with Emma was adorable. People loved him as the underdog. 

But Bonner? His dancing is bad. Does rodeo have a big fan base? He has no personality to speak of. Even his inspirational story week was less impactful than it might have been. Sharna has had several "overcoming personal physical trauma" partners now and Bonner is the least interesting of that bunch. He is not funny. He is not charming. His partnership with Sharna is just odd from the weird almost showmance in the beginning to that odd grope backstage to now just a regular run of the mill partnership. He is just sort of there in both his dancing and his personality. I don't get it. At all. 

• Love 19

Mandy Moore looked like milk-toast from head to toe. Not a good look for her. Everything she wore, from bracelet to earrings to rings to dress to hair color to lip color to eye shadow, were all varying shades of gold and cream. Put all of that together with her coloring and you have a blob of 'BLAH.' 

Wonder who she pissed off in the wardrobe department. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HahYallDoin said:

Mandy Moore looked like milk-toast from head to toe. Not a good look for her. Everything she wore, from bracelet to earrings to rings to dress to hair color to lip color to eye shadow, were all varying shades of gold and cream. Put all of that together with her coloring and you have a blob of 'BLAH.' 

Wonder who she pissed off in the wardrobe department. 

That was dressed up for her. She's not a fashion maven 

2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Seriously, who is voting for Bonner? Who?

There are always some bad dancers who make it way too far on this show but you can usually pinpoint who is voting for them and why. Heck, David is an example of that this season. He is not a great dancer but he comes in riding the wave of the Cubs World Series victory with a boatload of Cubs (and Red Sox ) fans behind him. Plus he has a fun personality. I get why people are voting for him even if he is not nearly the best dancer left. Sure Bill Engvall had no place in the finale but he had a similar fun presence and his partnership with Emma was adorable. People loved him as the underdog. 

But Bonner? His dancing is bad. Does rodeo have a big fan base? He has no personality to speak of. Even his inspirational story week was less impactful than it might have been. Sharna has had several "overcoming personal physical trauma" partners now and Bonner is the least interesting of that bunch. He is not funny. He is not charming. His partnership with Sharna is just odd from the weird almost showmance in the beginning to that odd grope backstage to now just a regular run of the mill partnership. He is just sort of there in both his dancing and his personality. I don't get it. At all. 

Conservative voters that love the PBR love Bonner. His Gary Cooper vapid personality makes them cream their jeans 

I think Simone suffers from the fact that she is emotionally immature.  The dances on this show can be so much about projecting sex and or femininity and clearly she is not comfortable with that.  She and Normani are around the same age, but it seems more like a 10 year difference.  When someone said look him in the eye I wanted to say....she is about 3 feet shorter than him!  In spite of the height difference it is more the lack of experience interacting with men that hinders Simone.  Laurie Hernandez projected more grown up and she could fake the interactions. She danced like a woman, Simone dances like a little girl. 

In here defense, however, I can honestly say I've watched this show before and the winner or late finishers also were wooden.  The Pussycat Doll comes to mind.  Her season was very robotic to me. 

As for trained dancers....it can't get any more trained than Ms. Chicago, Mya, and she still did not win!   I actually really enjoyed her dances but I am just saying being a trained and/or professional dancer does not guarantee you a win. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, sab85 said:

I don't dislike Normani at all. She seems to work hard and be perfectly pleasant (when she's allowed to talk). What I don't like is her partner who rarely choreographs enough content and barely let's her get a word in edgewise and the fact that the producers seem to be pulling manipulative shenanigans to advance them when I don't think they need it.

Its all about Val, he has no competition, ask Val! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, McManda said:

I'll let Normani tell you ... from this interview:

"Dancing was my first passion so it definitely was most important."

"I started dancing when I was 3 years old ... In those early years dance became a part of my identity and helped shape who I am today. Dancing is more than just moving body parts, it is a pathway of expressing your deepest inner thoughts. When I dance I escape the present and become one with my soul. I put my all into performing so people can walk away knowing a bit more about me and feel the passion in my story."

(On releasing dance videos): "I wanted to create something that I felt completely represented me and I couldn't think of a better way than dance to do so. Being as busy as I have been for the past three years I haven't really had time to participate in my own activities. I couldn't have done this without the help of the incredibly talented Sean Bankhead."

Her experience just got overshadowed by the idea the show had also cast a Beyonce back up dancer.

And yeah, to me her injury seems producer pushed. Nancy was injured but didn't get that storyline. David is injured and pushed through. Nick was sore tonight, too. So playing up her working through her pain seems contrived, yes.

It's not been so obvious that the producers want Normani to win since they preordained Bindi and they're doing their damndest to back it up.

Wow lol lol lol McMANDA comin with the receipts! lol  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Carousel said:

I am mad at Mandy Moore. She gave ridiculous scores.  She should stick to choreography.   

This show is a crock of crap. It's a dance show not a popularity contest.  No way Nancy should be cut while Bonner and David stay.  But that's what the judges want so that Rashad, Simone and Normani are in the final. 

At least that boob Nick is gone. 

Well that is where you are wrong. It is most definitely a popularity contest. The instructions are "Vote for your favorite Dancer" not the Best Dancer...

• Love 8
(edited)

I love that Vote for Your Favourite is code for we know your favourite can't dance, but who cares we just want ratings from middle America., so screw anyone who just appreciates dance, this show isn't for you. 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 4
(edited)

And to be fair, since I've criticized both in the last few weeks: I thought Simone's charleston was fun and suited her (IMO rather limited) performance persona; I also thought Emma's choreography for Rashad's paso was really nice, incorporating both theme and content. Normani was brilliant and for me totally deserved the highest score, it was lovely choreography, lovely performance and she and Val have great dance chemistry (ditto Emma and Rashad, that can make such a difference). Nancy was awesome as well and boo that she has to leave. Nick was pretty entertaining, too.

Edited by katha
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Venee said:

Well that is where you are wrong. It is most definitely a popularity contest. The instructions are "Vote for your favorite Dancer" not the Best Dancer...

Plus lots of people vote for the pro. I know I have favourites. Lots of reasons why couples win. It just feels blah this season. Manipulated.

I thought Simone's Charleston showed little growth, where was the actual Charleston? There are prescribed dance moves and swivel steps, not there, instead it was padded with tricks and swing dancing which is later than the era they were dancing. I was a fan of Rashad but he hadn't corrected his posture or his footwork, so I don't really care much for his dancing either. 

Honestly the biggest improvement aside from Nancy's growth  is .David - his jive was vast improvement over Disney week, and his Salsa showed some finesse he didn't have initially. 

I think Bonner's percentage of the vote proves the power of a showmance (and the power of being "cute") especially with robovoters who probably played a big role during the danceoff.

I think they have manipulated the results/scores/etc since Season 1 but they've gotten ridiculously clever with it. When they got Apolo Ohno kicked out of All Stars to engineer a Melissa Rycroft win I realized they were simply brilliant and could get any result they wanted - no matter what.

I wonder if Normani is hurting in the votecount and they want her a bit longer - or even to the finals?  Val had a terse message about not doing the tour because he needed to rethink his priorities or something like that.  Hmmm.

Anyway, stay home Maks (and Peta with the knee brace.)  It's time to play up Sasha/Emma's wedding. And to watch them finagle the final they've already decided on. Somehow I'm doubting it's Rashad/Simone/Normani but by dance talent it should be - and he would likely win, based on how viewers tend to vote (imo). But if the producers want something else, they'll get it.

• Love 2

I loved David's first dance and am not pissed he's still there. Maybe I'm missing a lot, but it sure seems like his moves were synced with the horde of back-up dancers, and he really puts the welly into it! Then again, I may have a soft spot for silly attempts at sci-fi ballroom dances; Evan and Anna's sci-fi thing to "Bulletproof" from years ago is still one of my faves.

Perhaps in the minority, but Nancy's and Simone's dances tonight were my faves for each one of them all season. I was quite surprised when Simone especially didn't get more 10s until I remembered they've already planned who's getting immunity in advance. (And that's not a hit on Normani's great skill; I just think they want to keep her around + some sort of injury + there's probably a rider in the Chmerkovsky's contracts that they CANNOT go in consecutive weeks.)

Greeeaaaaat job, Erin, at keeping up the appearance that this shit is not preordained with your pathetic deer-in-headlights "answer" to Emma's question. I want to fanwank that she asked because she knew it would totally throw Erin file-not-found Andrews so I can heart Emma some more.

I don't watch any of those Bachelor/ette shows, but damn, Nick's fiancee just does not look interested at all. If that was my twu wuv out there cuttin' up the floor, you can bet I'd be grinning like an idiot and clapping like a seal.

And add my voice to the chorus of "WHY IS BONNER STILL HERE?"

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Fanny Mare said:

Bindi wasn't a professional dancer, Normani is..big difference

Bindi was never critiqued, so yeah, she was producers' pick to "win" (or IMO, be awarded)

• Love 4

Petty me would  like Bonner to win the whole thing, thus cementing the spirit of this show that I keep hearing about everytime I champion a preference for contestants who can dance. DWTS says vote for your favorite, and nothing would express that sentiment more than having someone who barely danced (if we can call it that) win the whole show. So go Bonner! 

• Love 3