Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Chapter Eleven: To Riverdale and Back Again

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I might have made it up in my mind, but I thought we were explicitly shown that Cheryl had the ring still. If so, no bet. :)

She has the ring.

15 hours ago, Grumpymonkey said:

I just don't like Jughead and every episode that dislike grows. I know.... very unpopular.

Same here, the female characters have been more interesting imo.  It's not just the character himself, it's that the show overdid his angst to the point where he's a downer in almost every scene.

• Love 4

Yes Archie, leave the crime ridden hell that is Riverdale, and move to the safest city in America...Chicago! Honestly though, I don't really blame her. I'm far more afraid of the Blossoms than I am of gang violence.

It seems like they're finally writing Archie consistently, and I liked him and Veronica as a duo. He is really chill, and she is really intense, they seem to balance each other out. I know they shouldn't have gone behind Jughead and Bettys backs, but they really meant well, and this whole thing is hardly their fault. I hope Betty and Jughead get over this quickly, it would be boring to see everyone fighting with each other for ages.

I like BugHead, I think they're pretty cute, and I don't think they've gotten to the point of taking over the show. And, I like Jughead as well, but I really wish they would stop laying on so much ANGST with him. He always seems to be running out of rooms angrily. Not that he doesn't have things to be upset about, but I wish we spent more time on him having a few other moods and emotions, and layed off the angst for a few episodes.  

Cheryl and the Blossoms are still the best. That giant closet of red wigs was straight out of a horror movie. Mr. Blossoms hair turned white all of the sudden? Was he possessed by BOB? Did he see Jason and Cheryl getting a little closer than most sibling should? A maple tree fall down? Its like every time we check in on the, another reboot of Rosemary's Baby is breaking out. Polly seriously needs to get out of there. Of course those shakes were drugged. Duh.

• Love 12

So I'm still not 100% clear on Veronica's reasoning for trying to find dirt on FP.  If she does manage to find something, it could help tie FP to her father and implicate him in the shenanigans so she knows her father is and evil/involved in Jason's murder somehow??  But if she doesn't find anything...???  I don't really get it.  Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

And I guess their little search was somewhat useful in the end since she and Archie can verify the lockbox wasn't in FP's closet earlier that night.  But still, it was a pretty shady thing to do.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Yes Archie, leave the crime ridden hell that is Riverdale, and move to the safest city in America...Chicago! Honestly though, I don't really blame her. I'm far more afraid of the Blossoms than I am of gang violence.

Of course Archie would be returning with mom to Chicago, that's where Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club take place!  Nice nod to the John Hughes movies to have Archie's mom be from the Windy City.

• Love 10

I just loved the episode!! One of the strongest ones this season. It just had all the intrigue, snarky comments and backstabbings!! I liked it a lot since it came back to the murder and everyone around it... I absolutely cannot wait for the next episode!! What is it with Alice Cooper?!?! Is she totally crazy! Going behind her daughter's back and trying to play all goodie goodie to her boyfriend only to get at the dad!! Come one, how evil is that!! And then she gets all whiney and cry-ey when the daughter doesn't want to come home?!!? Eugh, I really love to hate her! I don't know how more evil she can get with this! I hope Betty does stand up to her! I was sooooo hoping Dark Betty was going to make an appearance... I think if anyone can bring it out of her besides Chuck, it would be mommy dearest....

Archie is such a buffoon for wanting to do the right thing! I'll give him credit for trying to help out his girl an his friend but man does it screw it up... It was nice to see both A + V snooping around but come one, making out in a trailer house?!?! Just weird!

Cheryl... That girl.... No wonder Papa blossom suddenly showed an interest in her... She's so crazy (or evil, can't decide which!) that -she- can pretty much be the next blossom boss...

As for jughead, come on! REally? Pass out on a chance on moving to Toledo?? I would say "run! run away as fast as you can!" Poor kid can't catch a freaking break.... Was he born with a permanent cloud over his head?!!? Gah... I really am starting to get pissy at the producers for "the entire universe is against jughead"... I hope Archie and veronica make their dues and try to help FP and jughead and try to figure out the truth... And I hope Betty will win back her guy!

AS for the murder mystery, I got my own theories but I think its obvious who the murderer is.. I just can't wait for all the twisty parts and the surprises...

• Love 1

Bughead are also super awesome and so great together. We finally get more of Betty's feelings and I totally buy that she's in love with Jughead. She truly cares for him and I can't blame him for getting upset at her for not telling him about the whole FP situation. He did deserve to know, and that scene of him breaking down in the trailer was well done. I hope it doesn't ruin Betty and Jughead for too long, though. I want to see these two make it.  

I think his anger was directed at Betty cause she's his Girl and he remembers her saying how she wanted them to be complety honest with each other. He was kinda equally pissed at all 3. The Bughead shipper in me liked hearing her say she loved him though I do get they are 15 years old and love can come quickly. Hopefully Juggy cools and listens to Betty she was pissed like he was about Archie and Ronnie doing that. 

I understand that Jughead felt betrayed by no one telling him what was going on, and mostly Betty. But my heart kind of broke for her in the scene where Jughead confronted them all, because she was so actively against her mom/Veronica/Archie doing this, and she trusted Jughead enough to not want to look into FP. I do think that Betty and Jughead will get past this though. As we saw last episode, they has a disagreement, but then they talked through it. Their support for each other is so strong and sweet, and they probably have the healthiest romantic relationship in Riverdale. Which is very sad. 

Also, Alice said she likes Jughead. She LIKES Jughead. And her face when Betty said she loves Jughead was actually one of compassion and understanding. Alice supports their love guys. And when Betty said she loved Jughead. And he was willing to not go be with his family (which is one of his biggest dreams, something that is so important to him), just to stay with Betty?! My fears for Betty and Jughead's relationship have subsided somewhat. Yes, they fight and have issues...but that is real. Their relationship is real. And you can see how much they care about each other. It just gives me a lot of feels...

(btw I've heard that Casey Cott has been promoted to a full time star for next season)

Say what now?! YAY! I adore him! Kevin (and maybe Alice and Cheryl to lesser extents) provides some much needed comic relief to this show, and Casey Cott is adorable. I am happy we will be getting more Kevin! Now all I need is to hear that Skeet Ulrich is being promoted to a series regular next season, and I will be one happy lady. 

Hey, the last few episodes are making me think the writers have finally figured out how to write Archie consistently (and involve him in the main plot).

It seems like they're finally writing Archie consistently, and I liked him and Veronica as a duo. He is really chill, and she is really intense, they seem to balance each other out. I know they shouldn't have gone behind Jughead and Bettys backs, but they really meant well, and this whole thing is hardly their fault. I hope Betty and Jughead get over this quickly, it would be boring to see everyone fighting with each other for ages.

Hi Archie! Welcome to Riverdale. Really loving how he's been more involved in the past few episodes. And the chemistry between he and Veronica is pretty amazing. I think Archie certainly meant well in going behind Betty and Jughead's back, as he was doing it to help and protect Jughead (and maybe kind of to mack on Veronica, which worked out well for him). But I don't think Veronica really meant well for anyone but herself. She even said she wasn't connected to the Jones family the way Betty was, and seemed to have little regard for how much this could hurt Jughead - it was more about her finding out what Daddy might've done. 

I miss FPs scruffy look. Don't get me wrong I liked him trying step up for Jughead even if there was the underlying motive for whatever he's mixed up in but did he really have to shave to do it? 

Lord, yes. Please bring back scruffy FP. Scruffy people can be good people too! Shaving doesn't make you a better person! (Charles Manson, anyone?) 

haters are gonna hate but my heart went out to Juggie when he was tearing the trailer apart then breaking down in tears. Cole really sold that 2 minute scene, and I just wanted to give him a hug at the end. Also it's just weird to see Juggie without his hat on again.

Yes, this scene was so well acted. I always want to just give Jughead a cookie and a hug, but this episode just fortified that. I'd probably even throw in a steak dinner for the poor guy. Also, Cole really resembled Skeet in this scene. Also sad was how hopeful and happy Jughead was when Alice invited he and FP over for dinner, only to have it basically turn into an interrogation. I loved how FP bit back though. Lili Reinhart was also really great in this episode, especially in the hallway scene before they found out that FP got arrested.

I might have made it up in my mind, but I thought we were explicitly shown that Cheryl had the ring still. If so, no bet. :)

We were! When she was watching her parents as her mother was bawling over FP's arrest over Jason's murder, it showed her with the ring in her hand. I think it might've been the very last scene. 

I know this, I'm aware of this, and yet somehow I always forget this. FIFTEEN!!! There is nothing remotely fifteen about a single one of them.

Cole Sprouse did an AMA on Reddit where he said that Jughead was 16, turning 17 in episode 10 (his birthday episode). So they're actually 16/17. Which is only a year older than 15, but when you're a teenager, a year can make a difference...that being said, no 15, 16, or 17 year old I know or have ever known have had the kind of lives that these Riverdale teens are living. Most adults I know haven't! 

Guys, I'm just really happy  that the super subtle Covergirl product placement is back. Covergirl gets more airtime than Josie. Covergirl should be one of the top billed stars of this show. Or it should get an "and Covergirl", maybe after Luke Perry's name. It deserves it. It has really been amazing in all of its scenes.

And last, but definitely not least, can we give Fred some mad props for pulling out this line: "Always like to have a beautiful woman on my arm...tonight I have two." What a suave, suave Casanova! *heart eyes*

Edited by AdorkableSars
  • Love 11

I just now realized this season only got a 13 episode order. Is it me or does CW usually do 22 eps? IDK, my point is, there are only two episodes left to figure out who killed Jason. Seems to me they should have revealed so much more by now, unless they're planning on dragging it out another season??

Or FP really did it, which I highly doubt because that's just way too on the nose....

Edited by rho
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, rho said:

IDK, my point is, there are only two episodes left to figure out who killed Jason.

Why are so many assuming that we will know who killed Jason this season? The show has officially been renewed for a second season so I don't see why they must conclude the big mystery by this season. YMMV. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Why are so many assuming that we will know who killed Jason this season? The show has officially been renewed for a second season so I don't see why they must conclude the big mystery by this season. YMMV. 

I'm fairly sure the writers have said that we'll find out who killed Jason this season. But I might be wrong. Also, even if they did say that, writers lie so it doesn't really mean anything lol.

Eh, I am enjoying the fun, fanficcy ride to the hell that is Dark Riverdale as much as anyone, but they need to conclude *something* in the next two episodes and there's like a ZILLION things that could carry into a second season.

There's:

1. Polly's babies and the unpleasant creepy situation in Chez Blossom.

2. Hiram Lodge's legal situation and trial and the whole creepy thing with the Serpents

3. The creepy Cooper's and their divorce and general psychotic dysfunction

4. The triangle of Fred, Hermoine, and Fred's wife Molly Ringwald

5. The looming tragedy to come that Jughead alluded to when Chuck was kicked off the football team that would change them all forever and yet hasn't really come up.

Who killed Jason Blossom? They've pretty much set up ALL of the adults except Fred, and MOST of the teens Veronica who wasn't in town. It needs to be resolved just so the storylines can move forward, if only because eventually the audience is going to be "who the fuck cares" if it drags out over two seasons. Trust me, when Laura Palmer's actual killer was revealed, no one really cared anymore.

• Love 7
On 4/19/2017 at 0:00 AM, MarkHB said:

Betty is slammed overseeing Homecoming and Reunion weekend, but Alice wants her to help with the Jason Blossom investigation. Alice turns to Archie and Veronica for help, but when Betty discovers they are working with her mom, she is not happy. After seeing his father FP start to clean up his act, Jughead wonders if it’s the right time to give him another chance. Cheryl and Polly have both decided to go to Homecoming in Jason’s honor, until a revelation waylays their plans. Meanwhile, Fred and Mary attend the Homecoming dance, leaving Fred to possibly reconsider the divorce.

(I can't believe they used this title... here's the reference for those who don't know.)

Ha, I can't believe someone else remembers that movie.  

I mostly remember it because Lauren Holly played Betty.  We were calling her Betty Boober because Holly had recently had a very obvious boob job!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm fairly sure the writers have said that we'll find out who killed Jason this season. But I might be wrong. Also, even if they did say that, writers lie so it doesn't really mean anything lol.

Nope, they have. Like fifty billion times, TBH. It's been made abundantly clear we learn next episode. Because TV shows can have more than one mystery arc over the course of several seasons, after all

4 hours ago, rho said:

I just now realized this season only got a 13 episode order. Is it me or does CW usually do 22 eps? IDK, my point is, there are only two episodes left to figure out who killed Jason. Seems to me they should have revealed so much more by now, unless they're planning on dragging it out another season??

Or FP really did it, which I highly doubt because that's just way too on the nose....

It's 13 Cause it started in January 

4 hours ago, AdorkableSars said:

I understand that Jughead felt betrayed by no one telling him what was going on, and mostly Betty. But my heart kind of broke for her in the scene where Jughead confronted them all, because she was so actively against her mom/Veronica/Archie doing this, and she trusted Jughead enough to not want to look into FP. I do think that Betty and Jughead will get past this though. As we saw last episode, they has a disagreement, but then they talked through it. Their support for each other is so strong and sweet, and they probably have the healthiest romantic relationship in Riverdale. Which is very sad. 

Also, Alice said she likes Jughead. She LIKES Jughead. And her face when Betty said she loves Jughead was actually one of compassion and understanding. Alice supports their love guys. And when Betty said she loved Jughead. And he was willing to not go be with his family (which is one of his biggest dreams, something that is so important to him), just to stay with Betty?! My fears for Betty and Jughead's relationship have subsided somewhat. Yes, they fight and have issues...but that is real. Their relationship is real. And you can see how much they care about each other. It just gives me a lot of feels...

Say what now?! YAY! I adore him! Kevin (and maybe Alice and Cheryl to lesser extents) provides some much needed comic relief to this show, and Casey Cott is adorable. I am happy we will be getting more Kevin! Now all I need is to hear that Skeet Ulrich is being promoted to a series regular next season, and I will be one happy lady. 

Hi Archie! Welcome to Riverdale. Really loving how he's been more involved in the past few episodes. And the chemistry between he and Veronica is pretty amazing. I think Archie certainly meant well in going behind Betty and Jughead's back, as he was doing it to help and protect Jughead (and maybe kind of to mack on Veronica, which worked out well for him). But I don't think Veronica really meant well for anyone but herself. She even said she wasn't connected to the Jones family the way Betty was, and seemed to have little regard for how much this could hurt Jughead - it was more about her finding out what Daddy might've done. 

Lord, yes. Please bring back scruffy FP. Scruffy people can be good people too! Shaving doesn't make you a better person! (Charles Manson, anyone?) 

Yes, this scene was so well acted. I always want to just give Jughead a cookie and a hug, but this episode just fortified that. I'd probably even throw in a steak dinner for the poor guy. Also, Cole really resembled Skeet in this scene. Also sad was how hopeful and happy Jughead was when Alice invited he and FP over for dinner, only to have it basically turn into an interrogation. I loved how FP bit back though. Lili Reinhart was also really great in this episode, especially in the hallway scene before they found out that FP got arrested.

We were! When she was watching her parents as her mother was bawling over FP's arrest over Jason's murder, it showed her with the ring in her hand. I think it might've been the very last scene. 

Cole Sprouse did an AMA on Reddit where he said that Jughead was 16, turning 17 in episode 10 (his birthday episode). So they're actually 16/17. Which is only a year older than 15, but when you're a teenager, a year can make a difference...that being said, no 15, 16, or 17 year old I know or have ever known have had the kind of lives that these Riverdale teens are living. Most adults I know haven't! 

Guys, I'm just really happy  that the super subtle Covergirl product placement is back. Covergirl gets more airtime than Josie. Covergirl should be one of the top billed stars of this show. Or it should get an "and Covergirl", maybe after Luke Perry's name. It deserves it. It has really been amazing in all of its scenes.

And last, but definitely not least, can we give Fred some mad props for pulling out this line: "Always like to have a beautiful woman on my arm...tonight I have two." What a suave, suave Casanova! *heart eyes*

Yeah my heart broke for Betty as well when Jughead said he passed up moving to Toledo FOR HER. You see it on her face when he said it. I want these two to get the angst reduced . Alice said she liked Jughead right before saying she was glad Betty was done with him cause It's better she s away "From that Family". I was like YES! Cause Betty snapped back that's she not done with him cause she loved him! I need Betty to tell him ASAP!!

• Love 4

One thing I caught, and it surprised me, was Alice cheering along with a "Whoa-oah" during "Kids in America".  I would've expected her to be standing there glumly.

Also, I loved Mary's "Alice, this is the same shit you've been pulling since middle school" line.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

1. Polly's babies and the unpleasant creepy situation in Chez Blossom.

What else is in those milkshakes Polly keeps drinking ?  Other than the "all-natural relaxer" ?

Loved the music at the dance -- cover of 'Betty Davis Eyes' by Kim Carnes, 'Blue Monday' by New Order, cover of 'Dance Hall Days' by Wang Chung

The lip syncing by the actors playing Archie and Veronica during 'Kids in America' was pretty fucking terrible considering that they were actually supposed to be singing, though it was easily overlooked because Veronica looked ridiculously hot on stage.

Cheryl looked pretty awesome all in red as well.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:
14 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

What else is in those milkshakes Polly keeps drinking ?  Other than the "all-natural relaxer" ?

Tannis root. 

• Love 4
On 28.4.2017 at 5:32 AM, Dee said:

He put his hands on her, without consent, and continued to harass her and kept her from leaving, even after she made it abundantly clear she wanted nothing to with him.

That wasn't assault that was trying to talk to her. And if Valerie wants nothing to do with Archie she shouldn't attend a party at his house! She was totally out of line, what did Archie even do to deserve this? She acted aggressively the moment they ran into each other (again, at HIS house) for seemingly no reason.

• Love 3

Yes! The writers finally figured out how to write Archie! As I said in an earlier episode thread, Archie is at his best when he's a somewhat oblivious character surrounded by a lot of shadiness. Having him be with Veronica definitely contributes to that narrative. I also like that they're fleshing out his friendship with Jughead. I just wish we got more scenes like the bedroom scene. I know Jughead is supposed to be a loner, but at least let him interact with his best friend without it all being drama and life/death. The heartbreaking thing about this whole situation is that I can see everyone's perspective. I can understand that Archie truly thought he was doing what was best for his friend, that Veronica desperately wanted to figure out her family's secrets, that Betty would be pissed, and that Jughead would be upset and hurt. That's some damn good writing and not something I expected after watching the pilot episode. 

Loved Veronica and Archie's performance. They have crazy amounts of chemistry. There was also a quick shot of Fred after Veronica playfully pushed Archie's head away that I loved. It was like "Whoa, feisty! I like it!" Also had to laugh about Archie's mom inquiring about them because they were practically eye fucking on stage. So, was Cheryl's reaction because she's jealous of Archie and Veronica? I have to say, if the show wants to do a triangle, that's the one they should do.

Wow, Betty was really rocking that dress! I felt so bad for her, but I loved the scene where she told her mom not to push her tonight because she'd push back. There was such an undertone of true menace. I can actually see why Alice backed off. I would have been scared as shit. Whenever this show decides to do Dark!Betty, I'm certain the actress will nail it out of the park. Let's hope the writing lives up to that. Oh, and writers? Even if you have decided to not move forward with a Betty/Archie romance, that doesn't mean they can't have scenes with just the two of them. Otherwise, it's hard for me to believe that they're such great friends. 

I love all the group scenes between the teenagers and I so want more. Everyone's dynamic is always perfectly on display and they always bring a smile to my face. Jughead telling Archie that his songs make people want to slit their wrists, but in a good way, was gold. That's the Jughead I love. I didn't mind his angst tonight because it felt warranted, but the show is veering dangerously close towards ruining a good thing. I really hope that in finding their footing with Archie, the writers haven't slipped with Jughead.

I appreciate the adults in this show have interesting storylines. Part of me wants there to be an entire episode that is just one big flashback to when the parents were in high school.  

Edited by Inquiry
  • Love 8

He put his hands on her, without consent, and continued to harass her and kept her from leaving, even after she made it abundantly clear she wanted nothing to with him.

Based on the posted clip from the show, Archie did not forcibly assault Val. He put his hands on her arm, she brushed him away easily, and then threw her drink in his face. No police officer is going to arrest Archie for assault based on what we saw. Physically touching someone without express consent is not assault. Saying "what if we made a mistake" and "wait, Val" doesn't constitute harassment. Touching her arm clearly didn't keep her from leaving and since Val was not actually invited by Archie to Archie's home, she's actually the one in the wrong. Or rather, Val entering Archie's family property without permission, drinking underage, and flinging the drink into his face after shouting abuse at him - namely that she did the dumping and he's a hot mess - isn't exactly Val acting as the innocent party.

If this was occurring at a school function, or a public place, I'd at least agree that Archie has no right to expect her to talk with him or drop what she is doing to deal with him. But she went to his home, without his permission, she was not invited by Archie to the party and therefore had no right to be in his personal space.

And that actually goes for everyone who showed up to the party with an invite from Cheryl.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Grischa said:

That wasn't assault that was trying to talk to her. And if Valerie wants nothing to do with Archie she shouldn't attend a party at his house! She was totally out of line, what did Archie even do to deserve this? She acted aggressively the moment they ran into each other (again, at HIS house) for seemingly no reason.

Just now, ZoloftBlob said:

Based on the posted clip from the show, Archie did not forcibly assault Val. He put his hands on her arm, she brushed him away easily, and then threw her drink in his face. No police officer is going to arrest Archie for assault based on what we saw. Physically touching someone without express consent is not assault. Saying "what if we made a mistake" and "wait, Val" doesn't constitute harassment. Touching her arm clearly didn't keep her from leaving and since Val was not actually invited by Archie to Archie's home, she's actually the one in the wrong. Or rather, Val entering Archie's family property without permission, drinking underage, and flinging the drink into his face after shouting abuse at him - namely that she did the dumping and he's a hot mess - isn't exactly Val acting as the innocent party.

If this was occurring at a school function, or a public place, I'd at least agree that Archie has no right to expect her to talk with him or drop what she is doing to deal with him. But she went to his home, without his permission, she was not invited by Archie to the party and therefore had no right to be in his personal space.

And that actually goes for everyone who showed up to the party with an invite from Cheryl.

I repeat, the discussion about this incident does not belong in this thread. Table this line of discussion here and bring it over to the appropriate thread.

Any further comments about this particular incident in this thread will be removed.

• Love 3
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎27 at 7:43 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Someone had to be having a laugh when Mary was like, "I want to take you away from Riverdale to someplace safe...Chicago"

OMG, can't believe I missed that, LOL. Too funny!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Inquiry said:

So, was Cheryl's reaction because she's jealous of Archie and Veronica? I have to say, if the show wants to do a triangle, that's the one they should do.

My interpretation of her reaction was that she misses Jason. As she pointed out, her brother should be there as homecoming king. Instead she sees Archie (who we have already established reminds her of Jason due to his red hair) as the centre of attention.

• Love 7

I'm thinking it was a Blossom or Hal Cooper who framed FP. I just hope it wasn't Alice bc that feels sorta obvious and I kinda love her.

Thinking definitely NOT Alice. For the following reason: Since she sent Vee and Archie to search the trailer, if she was framing FP she'd know they wouldn't find the gun since she was the one planting it after they left. There's no way she'd risk them saying exactly what happened: they searched, and didn't find that lockbox. Plus, after that dinner, she had to know that FP wouldn't hesitate to whip out her sinuous, serpenty past against her and it's clearly important that people see her as rich, successful Alice Cooper the Yuppie Mom. Add in the fact she got Archie and Veronica's report at the dance, and physically there's no way she could have done it. That doesn't mean she couldn't have called a conspirator, but this woman is way too high maintenance to plot with anybody besides her daughters.

Favorite part of the whole episode (besides the Homecoming music) was Jughead's opening narration over shots of The Pussycats rehearsing - on the line "...but certain things, certain traditions never change" i was so expecting the next words to be, "Melody just doesn't have any lines and this will be the only appearance of these girls in the entire episode"

HEART EYES

And Zoloftblob, I agree they'd better wrap up something. They've done a great job so far in layering mysteries, and finding out who killed Jason is obviously just the beginning: the "whys" are thick and slinking on the ground, like a pack of werewolves sidling around in a low-hanging fog.  I really, really hope the writers don't pull the spectacular boner of not keeping the reveal promise, a la The Killing. That show never bounced back and this one won't either if they do something that dumb.

Edited by Snookums

I’m starting to think that the killer might be either the sheriff, or Joaquin, because that search warrant had to be signed by a judge, who would have required probable cause. So either the sheriff was acting on a tip, or he fabricated something to mislead the judge.

If he (the sheriff) was given a tip, my suspicion is that it came from Joaquin, who has a connection to the sheriff through Kevin, and also a connection with FP. I’ve always assumed that the killer had to be a secondary character, because any of the main characters would be facing serious consequences for murder, and would most likely be in jail during the second season and beyond. While the same is true of the secondary characters, their absence would have less impact on the storylines going forward.

Then again, it’s possible that Jason’s death wasn’t murder. It may have been self defense, or accidental. We’ll have to wait and see on that.

• Love 3

So tired of seeing Jughead storming away from Betty in anger and "betrayal". Betty is immensely patient with him. He has the right to feel pissed about being out of the loop and his father's home being searched but come on, he knows his father has been shady and not the most reliable person in the world. He can't truly blame his friends for wanting to find out more. And if that's how he is going to handle any kind of conflict (by storming away), then Betty, he's not worth the trouble. It will get really old after a while.

Veronica is my favorite because she has a thick skin. Jughead should learn from her. She acknowledges that her dad is shady and is actively trying to uncover the truth, unlike Jughead who just wants to put his head in the sand and pretend everything is alright. So naive.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 8

Secnarf, that makes total sense. I honestly couldn't figure out what Cheryl's deal was. Well, I NEVER know what her deal is but you can usually sense the inner twisted logic in her rampaging weirdness.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2017 at 10:43 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Someone had to be having a laugh when Mary was like, "I want to take you away from Riverdale to someplace safe...Chicago"

Well to be fair, the suburbs outside of Chicago are very safe; typically those who reside there just say that they're from Chicago.

I just don't like Jughead and every episode that dislike grows. I know.... very unpopular.

Agreed. They're over angsting him to the point that he's just becoming a whine. His anger at Betty was ridiculous. I don't understand how he even came to the conclusion of blaming her. 

Alice's anger with Hal seems really hypocritical considering how she was fully aligned with him until a few episodes ago. 

Loved the show version of Kids in America. I know the actor who plays Archie sings but i didn't know the actress who played Veronica did.

Who tipped the police off about FP? Also what does FP stand for?

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 2
On 4/30/2017 at 4:13 AM, Chas411 said:

Agreed. They're over angsting him to the point that he's just becoming a whine. His anger at Betty was ridiculous. I don't understand how he even came to the conclusion of blaming her. 

Alice's anger with Hal seems really hypocritical considering how she was fully aligned with him until a few episodes ago. 

Loved the show version of Kids in America. I know the actor who plays Archie sings but i didn't know the actress who played Veronica did.

Who tipped the police off about FP? Also what does FP stand for?

His anger with Betty probably also stems from Insecurity cause of Betty' s history with Archie and Veronica being her BFF. Also I'm thinking it stems from the episode with Pollys Baby shower where she said to Him that she wanted complete honesty from him. She didn't tell him quickly after figuring out what Alice/Archie/Veronica was doing. He even brought up how she believed him when he said he believed his dad. Like brought up on this board by someone she never said she believed FP which Jughead brought up. Also didn't like that Betty let herself get manipulated by her bitch mother into not spilling to Jughead ASAP what Alice was planning. 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3

Well now the mystery of Cliff's awful hair has now been solved for me. Man, that scene with all the different wigs on display was sooooo deliciously creepy! I'm in the minority, but actually found most of this episode a bit tedious, what with everybody going behind everyone else's back, and then pouting and feeling all betrayed afterward. The 80's new wave music & Molly Ringwald were fun nostalgia trips, but apart from that I was most entertained by the goings on at Casa de Blossom, (aka Dark Shadows Manor). Just when I think this show is a rote teen soap, they'll throw in something delightfully warped like the funhouse of fake hair!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/29/2017 at 0:07 AM, MarkHB said:

Also, I loved Mary's "Alice, this is the same shit you've been pulling since middle school" line.

This is why for me I'm all about the adults with the teens more B story for me. In addition to the actors playing the adults just being better at making their characters more complex, their 'baggage' from their past teen roles just makes the subtext all the more interesting.

Fred and Mary and Alice rocking out was adorable.

Cheryl continues to be the highlight for me. I wish they had played her and Archie as a messed up gothic romance a bit more but at least the show is keeping a good pace.

I'll say this about Jughead. He knows how to match that hat of his to a snazzy suit.

Edited by TobinAlbers
On 4/29/2017 at 5:25 PM, secnarf said:

My interpretation of her reaction was that she misses Jason. As she pointed out, her brother should be there as homecoming king. Instead she sees Archie (who we have already established reminds her of Jason due to his red hair) as the centre of attention.

Honestly I believe what we've established is that Jason was the darling of the Blossom family and Cheryl was jealous of the attention he received and his prospects within the family. She is jealous of other people receiving attention, Veronica/Archie/anyone.

On 4/28/2017 at 5:12 PM, AdorkableSars said:

Covergirl has been the star.

I think Cole Sprouse is the only one who (if you squint real hard and dash water in your eyes) who looks anywhere near 17 years old or acts it (how many 16 year olds where four inch heels to school and don't walk around with wobbly ankles looking like idiots? Or am I showing my age?) Dark Betty bodes ill in some future episode, but if the actress was 16 years old it would be really disturbing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I think Cole Sprouse is the only one who (if you squint real hard and dash water in your eyes) who looks anywhere near 17 years old

The irony of this of course is that Cole's one of the oldest at 24. KJ is 19 (I still want to see proof of ID but apparently he's also from New Zealand like Lourde who people also thought looked way older than her age so maybe it's something in the water), Lili is 20 and I think both actresses who play Veronica and Cheryl are 22.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, starri said:

After binging 13 Reasons Why, Riverdale don't got nothing on them.

As someone who's watched both shows, this is kind of liking comparing apples and oranges, in my opinion. Riverdale is a campy CW show set in the universe of characters originally created as cartoons. 13 Reasons Why is an adaptation of an award winning young adult book about a teenager's suicide and the reasons why she did it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

As someone who's watched both shows, this is kind of liking comparing apples and oranges, in my opinion.

No, no, no.  I'm talking about teenagers who are really obviously not played by teenagers.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, starri said:

No, no, no.  I'm talking about teenagers who are really obviously not played by teenagers.

Okay, my mistake. And yeah, the actors on 13 Reasons Why did look more realistically like teenagers. Although Tony was the glaring exception and frankly he alone looked older than anyone on Riverdale, imo. 

• Love 1
On 4/29/2017 at 8:44 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Loved the music at the dance -- cover of 'Betty Davis Eyes' by Kim Carnes,

I was disappointed we didn't get more of that. Any word on who performed it? Or if it's available on Spotify, or something?

(edited)
12 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:
On 4/29/2017 at 9:44 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Loved the music at the dance -- cover of 'Betty Davis Eyes' by Kim Carnes,

I was disappointed we didn't get more of that. Any word on who performed it? Or if it's available on Spotify, or something?

Not remembering the artist but I went to YouTube and typed in Bette Davis Eyes Riverdale and it came up. I liked what I heard of it as well and it was cute the way they used it on the show .

Edit:Just looked it up the artist is Rogue Wave

Edited by jay741982