Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Chapter Eleven: To Riverdale and Back Again

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Not remembering the artist but I went to YouTube and typed in Bette Davis Eyes Riverdale and it came up. I liked what I heard of it as well and it was cute the way they used it on the show 

So simple, I don't know how I didn't think of it. 

Thanks. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:36 PM, truthaboutluv said:

The irony of this of course is that Cole's one of the oldest at 24. KJ is 19 (I still want to see proof of ID but apparently he's also from New Zealand like Lourde who people also thought looked way older than her age so maybe it's something in the water), Lili is 20 and I think both actresses who play Veronica and Cheryl are 22.

That is irony! I didn't know. Covergirl certainly does change things, although acting helps. He seems a little less confident in the face of the events, needier, and that helps make him appear younger, I think. 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2017 at 9:36 PM, truthaboutluv said:

The irony of this of course is that Cole's one of the oldest at 24. KJ is 19 (I still want to see proof of ID but apparently he's also from New Zealand like Lourde who people also thought looked way older than her age so maybe it's something in the water), Lili is 20 and I think both actresses who play Veronica and Cheryl are 22.

Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I was a teenager myself and my youngest cousin is in his twenties now I am not as bothered by the ages of the actors playing teenagers.  It's not like they are thirty.  Plus there are no child labor laws to deal with.  Also with twenty year olds they have  most if not all have decided on acting as a career not a hobby.

• Love 2
Just now, Chaos Theory said:

Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I was a teenager myself and my youngest cousin is in his twenties now I am not as bothered by the ages of the actors playing teenagers.  It's not like they are thirty.  Plus there are no child labor laws to deal with.  Also with twenty year olds they have  most if not all have decided on acting as a career not a hobby.

I don't care about their ages either. I was merely pointing out the amusing irony that the poster said Cole is the only one who could maybe pass for a teenager, when he's actually older than the others. 

• Love 1
On 4/28/2017 at 7:59 AM, docmatt said:

My only two nitpicks are: Molly Ringwald's botox is really distracting, it makes her look more than a little like a muppet stroke victim.  

That crooked smile when she first saw Archie.   Ouch.   I don't like Molly as somebody's mom.   I know we've all aged but she's not supposed to.

As a singer, Archie is. really. bad.   They need to stop that.  Fast.

simon.jpg

Think I'll go watch "Fresh Horses" on VHS.

Seen many intense scenes on television before, but Betty's death glare during Archie/Veronica's "Kids in America" performance knowing they were working with Alice, was chilling.  I almost thought that Jughead was going to walk in on both of them all the ground (hopefully still alive), with Betty covered in their blood yelling "They made me do it!"  She even got Alice of all people to back up at the end.  Dark Betty is scary!

I guess I spoke too soon last episode thread, since Jughead and Betty might actually be over, after Jughead finds out that Betty had an idea that Alice was trying something with that dinner, but didn't warn him.  Not entirely sure why he was more mad at Archie and Veronica for actually snooping in his dad's house, but drama, I guess.  I don't know, everyone is probably going a bit overboard here.  Veronica is clearly desperate to prove Hiram is involved in Blossom's murder that she is practically begging someone to find evidence, but Jughead can't accept the fact that there are legit reasons to suspect FP.  Of course, since it is all obviously a frame job, it will likely blow over on some levels.

Somehow, I've actually come around to liking Archie or at least enjoy watching him.  He's still a dim doofus, who really needs to learn boundaries and how to read people (dude, I totally get Veronica is the best, but if she's telling you nothing is going to happen now, maybe it's time to tone it down, buddy), but it's kind of fun watching him be the simple, but well-meaning sidekick to someone who is way smarter then him.  Pulling the trigger on Archie/Veronica might actually be the best decision they have done with his character.

None of the drama surrounding the adults interest me, except watching Alice try to be a shit-stirrer.

Never like the dumb "So and so might leave!" arcs that obviously will never happen, so I was rolling my eyes over the "drama" of Archie possibly moving to Chicago with his mom, Jughead going to Toledo, and the possibility of Veronica having to go back to NYC.  Come on, show.  Those three aren't leaving, unless this was all just an elaborate set-up for a spin-off with the Coopers and Blossoms having a Hatfield & McCoy war, with Betty and Cheryl in the leads.  Actually, I'd might watch that....

Hey, a Josie sighting!  She lives!!

Frankly, I'm impressed Sheriff Keller actually found the toolbox, because I'm starting to think that if anyone would miss obvious planted evidence, it would be him.

The dramatic shot of the Obviously Evil Milkshake was the greatest thing ever.

• Love 4