Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Whitney Steps Up

• Start Topic

And... who else has thought that part of Buddy's problems may be an allergy to cats? Those kitties have very, very, furry little coast and I 'm sure there is stray cat hair and dander all over the house.  I had a Maine C*** cat for years and over that time developed an allergy just based on the amount of cat dander I was breathing in.  And I groomed him all the time. I imagine it's undoubtedly 10000 times worse at Casa de Los Losers.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Dot said:

Both parents are 70+

Really? I always thought for some reason that Babs was young when she had her kids. That would make her close to 40 when she had Whit?. 

Whit's brother was in town and staying at the parents house helping out so why couldn't Babs stay at home? She had her husband and son to take care of her there and Whit could stop over every day to help out, too. Sounds pretty much like round the clock care to me.   I don't get why they would take her to Whit's where there was less help for Babs. 

Why do they keep tacking an extra hour of segments of Whitney from 2 years ago? Is there a purpose in that? She was really nicely groomed back then. Not the greasy, dirty mess we see now. She was also much more likeable. 

• Love 5

Loved Babs' comment that she's a little tinkly bell while Whit is a bicycle horn. Her contempt for her daughter is palpable.

Whit reminds me of my sister-in-law, who is in her late 40s, twice married with grown children, and still emotionally dependent on her 86-year-old mom. She will grab any opportunity to force her mother to stay with her, insisting it's for mom's benefit and polishing her martyr halo, when we all know it's for the daughter. I describe it as holding her mom hostage. The mom recently fretted that she doesn't know what her poor daughter will do when she dies. I dunno, grow the hell up maybe? Elderly moms shouldn't have to worry about how grown kids will manage without them. 

• Love 10

I wonder how Caleb's original plus-size back up booty feels about this Whitney business (you can see her in the "Me, Too" video, as well as others.) She has good form and I found her helpful when I started first doing his workouts because if I needed to tone it down a little, I could follow her. 

Caleb's "cardio concerts" are a full hour of his workouts - with 2 brief 5m water breaks. I am calling it that there is NO WAY Whitney could make it through that as a backup booty without dying. On the up side, if she does decide to tour with him, we should see her drop weight very quickly - he often does 4 shows over 2 days in a city, then onto the next place.

• Love 5

Re the video: I guess I would be impressed at Whit's level of movement if she was on a 600 Lb. Life "weight loss journey" to get below 200 pounds. Otherwise, she looks like a fat hausfrau "dancing" along in the living room of her cat crap apartment --oh sorry--her "own" home. She might as well be Sweating to the Oldies with the Richard Simmons (of the 80s) But yeah, that was the longest one shot of her dancing ever.

I guess Fitness Marshall needed her to make his "brand" seem "inclusive" thus expanding it, like Whitney is doing (literally!) And get TLC exposure of course.

• Love 9

Oh Whitney soooo wants to take care of her mother. She is soooo upset and traumatized at the idea that her mother might not recover or might have another stroke! Enough to let her mother convalesce in her own bed with Henchi at her side? Hell,  no!

I have to say, watching Whitney snivel on her mother's shoulder in the hospital, with Babs stoking Whitney's massive upper arm, I thought Babs showed an odd combination of affection and irritation. I couldn't help but thinks that the single thing Babs really wants from her daughter is for her to grow up and LOSE THE DAMN WEIGHT.  To have her just be a "normal" daughter, not a barking circus sideshow on a television channel that specializes in bizarre lifestyles or physical abnormalities.  I think Whitney has a whole lot of anger towards her parents and that's a big part of her insistence on staying morbidly obese.

• Love 10

Whitney's dad doesn't give her any slack and I love it. In one of the flashback segments....

Dad: So how much weight do you want to lose? 

Whit: About 100 lbs.

Dad: Pauses,  Is that enough?

He kills me every time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Favorite Babs quotes so far as I watch....

"I was feeling so secure there for a minute, and then I realized I'm going to have to go home with Whitney? (sigh) It was not a pretty thought."

"Everything looks so nice. You're still living here?"

"I think that she brought everything that was hard for a stroke victim to eat."

"But if you leave then I can't...." "Torture me?"

Edited by tdanaher
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why do they keep tacking an extra hour of segments of Whitney from 2 years ago? Is there a purpose in that? She was really nicely groomed back then. Not the greasy, dirty mess we see now. She was also much more likeable. 

I think all channels don't produce as much anymore.  On 600 Lb Life, the chop the and splice the episodes, so that if you have DVR set to pick up first run, the'll record, A&E is doing this with First 48, just adding a comment or so, HGTV shows and repeats House Hunters & Property Brothers, and none of the Crasher shows (Kitchen, Bath, etc) have shown any new shows in months.

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

He's probably not making much money on the tour, but he is making a huge amount of money from his You Tube videos. People get an amazing amount of money from ads. We've made a steady passive income (enough to eat out a few times a month) from my YT videos and I don't have anywhere near the views that he has-I'd say probably 1/20 of the numbers. I know at least a dozen You Tubers (as in, I know them personally) that make upwards of $20,000 a month. That bubble is going to pop soon, but I guess they're enjoying it while it lasts. 

Wow.  I had no idea. 
Must work with Gidget, she's really cute, but is better at napping in the sun than doing tricks.  Maybe we could do relaxation videos.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I can save you some time about the video.

• Starts to look like she regrets it 1:10
  • Turns beet red 1:40
  • Hair soaked with sweat 1:57
  • Visibly out of breath 2:11
  • Even smiling is starting to get hard 2:27
  • Slowed down to half speed 2:55
  • Doing only 1/4 of the moves 3:19
  • Almost lost her balance 3:51
  • Pretty much stops moving 3:58

My favorite moment is at around 2:26. FTM says 'Hip Hop Bunny just came to town!"  The two official back up booties turn to each other and start bunny hopping face-to-face. FTM turns to Whitney to do the same thing, but Whitney starts moving around more than the other two are. FTM shouts "Sexy Bunny!" at her and Whitney then moves in front of him to the center spot and clearly starts to do her special bend-over-and-shake-her-ass-move. FTM is NOT about to get upstaged; as she's bending over he shouts "Oh, you're a hungry bunny!"  She quickly pretends she's pulling up something from the ground, then stands up, and pretends to be chewing on carrots (one in each hand). But she doesn't move out of his space, at which point he shouts to the other booties to get back to the routine, he jumps back into the center of the formation and basically edges her firmly back to one side.

Oh I can imagine what a joy she would be for him to work with!  Fighting him for the center space, whining when she doesn't get a "star turn," critiquing and making helpful suggestions for his choreography . . .

• Love 11
2 hours ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I wonder how Caleb's original plus-size back up booty feels about this Whitney business (you can see her in the "Me, Too" video, as well as others.)

Oh, I have no fear for her - FM probably told her the storyline earlier, that this was just a "made for tv" offer to add drama to the whole "Twit has to choose between her career and her family".  So that Twit has an explanation as to why her "dance career" is going nowhere quickly.  Her job as the plus-sized back up booty was never in trouble. 

Why Twit couldn't take care of her mom at her mom's house was stupid.  When my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, I moved back in with her and dad during the week to take care of her, and my brothers took turns on the weekends.  None of us was under the delusion that we'd have our parents around forever, so we were prepared (as much as you can ever be) for their deaths.  None of us fell apart, like Twit seems to be anticipating that she will.  Babs obviously missed having Glen around and should have had his comforting presence at that time.

Todd is really over-selling the role of "pissy gay BFF".  He needs to tone it down. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kid said:

Her mother had the stroke and SHE is the one that needed coddling throughout the entire episode.  I understand one would be upset but her distress is very juvenile.

I thought it was just me. Maybe I've seen more sick people or had to deal with a sick kid, I don't know and don't get so  turned around. Maybe I hate my mother. Could be. I just thought Whit was way too emotional IN FRONT OF THE PATIENT she is trying to help. You don't have to be Patch Adams with a clown nose, but a little more rationality and control seems to be better than being so weepy and babyish. You can leave the room and cry if that's your thing.

• Love 8

I thought this was perhaps the best episode yet.  So glad that Babs is okay.  The reason Whit took mom to her house is that it's one level and nearby bathroom,  Whit has a mechanical bed, it's away from the dogs and pig, Whit was available to be with mom 24/7.  You aren't suppose to leave a stroke victim alone, so, Whit was with her around the clock.  To me, it made perfect sense.  And it looked like Whit did a good job taking care of her mommy.  

I think that Whit does have a dilemma.  I sure would hate to leave my mom after her health scare too, plus, she's injured.  And, the Dance Class is supposed to do the rematch competition.  Throw in the stress of not getting the radio job.  So, it's a big commitment.  I think that I would review the tour schedule and see what the pay is., then decide.  I'd factor in that with her propensity for injuries, she could not be able to stay on tour for long.  That's a biggie.

Buddy looks worse than Babs health wise.  I really wish that he would get a physical.  Did he say how he got that black eye? It was there last week too.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Am I the only one not impressed by the Fitness Marshall? His videos seem as interesting, entertaining and skilled as a random drunk person at a bar. Also about as annoying. And I have no idea what the purpose of the backup booties is but I find the name off-putting.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, John M said:

Am I the only one not impressed by the Fitness Marshall? His videos seem as interesting, entertaining and skilled as a random drunk person at a bar. Also about as annoying. And I have no idea what the purpose of the backup booties is but I find the name off-putting.

The producers probably get approached by lots of people who are trying to get their site up and popular, be seen on tv, etc., and the show incorporates them into the script, I mean reality show.  That's my take on it.  The same goes for the choreographer, who flew in.  I do not believe that Whit and Todd are fans and then they just hook up and get on the show.....no...I don't buy it.  These people audition and beg to get on the show and a few are picked and they figure out how they will use them.  This season they used that choreographer and the Dance Marshall.  It's good marketing for their brand and the show probably pays their travel expenses and the basic required on camera wage.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Not just you. He looks like the type of guy that would be a serial killer/rapist/skin wearer on Law and Order SVU.

Actually he's your stereotypical 'wife's gay  best friend'.  Which is why his fitness class was filed with middle aged straight women.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, John M said:

Thank you!  I think he is better suited to leading a mommy and Me class at Gymboree.  "Backup Booties?"  How 'bout a female lead with male "Dick Dancers?"  Not cute.  Not as annoying as the "choreographer" shaking her fat, punching the air and grunting: "oof, uppf, dat, boo," but still, no.  No, thank you.

• Love 10

I was transfixed with Whitney's shoes.

She needs much better shoes - ones with strong support - like steel-toed boots but with the steel stuff on the sides.

She really thinks she's all that doesn't she?  I s'pose the world has Glenn to thank for that.

Edited by PsychoKlown

gosh was Todd acting like a baby.  how did this all become about him?  or WAS he acting- it looked like he had a smirk in his talking heads.

how did HER (dumb) life become about him? Loser

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The reason Whit took mom to her house is that it's one level and nearby bathroom,  Whit has a mechanical bed, it's away from the dogs and pig, Whit was available to be with mom 24/7.  You aren't suppose to leave a stroke victim alone, so, Whit was with her around the clock.  To me, it made perfect sense.  And it looked like Whit did a good job taking care of her mommy.  

It might make perfect sense, but it doesn't really fit the facts. We already know that Whitney's houses isn't one level - Buddy (and Donna? I'm still not sure if she's a roommate or not) live upstairs. Whitney's even commented on Buddy getting a bigger space than she does because she didn't want to have to climb the stairs.  And why is it better for Babs to be around Whitney's cats rather than her own pets? There's no reason why Glen couldn't rent a hospital bed and install it on the first floor of their house near the first floor bathroom. And there would be no need for Whitney to be there 24/7 if Babs was in her own home. She could watch her by day, and Glen would be there by night.  Babs made it perfectly clear in her TH that she wanted to go to her own home, and was only going to Whitney's because Whitney needed Babs to, far more than Babs needed Whitney.  As for taking good care of her, I shuddered when I saw that tray Whitney had assembled. Yes, we all know Babs loves her canned soups, but one thing the victim of a brain bleed doesn't need is food with a high sodium content pushing up her blood pressure. And most canned soups are very, very high in sodium. I'd like to believe Whitney made a low-salt soup, or at least bought a can that was low-sodium, but I have a feeling she doesn't pay that much attention to these things.

I'm sorry, I can't give Whitney much credit for self-less sacrifice here. She had a panic attack at the thought of losing her mother, announced that she was taking her mother home with her to suit her needs*, not her mother's, and that was that. (And I loved how it segued into Babs being an exasperating nuisance as far as Whitney was concerned, once Whitney recovered from her fear that Babs was going to die within minutes. Here's a clue, Whit, if you think your mother is teetering on the brink of her demise, and she is honking  that stupid horn you gave her to get your attention, you are not supposed to scream "I'm making your lunch. I'll be there is a minute," while rolling your eyes.  You are supposed to drop everything and respond immediately in case she IS having another stroke.)

*and the show's of course.

• Love 22
49 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I was transfixed with Whitney's shoes.

She needs much better shoes - ones with strong support - like steel-toed boots but with the steel stuff on the sides.

She really thinks she's all that doesn't she?  I s'pose the world has Glenn to thank for that.

Her shoes are actually very supportive stability shoes. I use to have those. They are new balance 860v5. Interesting she has had the same style since s1. Question is are they the same pair or does she do like i do and buy multiple pairs? I have like 4 lol but I run 30-40 miles a week. Hers look really really still new and not that worn down.  

Edit: photo from my running collection :) 

IMG_4676.JPG

Edited by AmyB
Shoes
  • Love 1

Whit's room that Babs stayed in is on the same floor as the kitchen, bathroom, etc.  Pigs and dogs are louder than cats.  Cats comfort Babs.  I suppose that Babs has a special diet and meds for high blood pressure.  I hope Whit got what was on it.  And I would imagine that Babs' food would have been about the same regardless of which kitchen it's prepared in.  Regarding the horn.  Production crew were there.  If Babs had an emergency, they would alerted Whit to respond immediately.  

We rely on our family in times of need.  They may not be perfect, but, they try, because they care.  I suppose that if Whit grates your nerves, then she grates your nerves.  I have no problem loving what I find lovable.  You'd be surprised of the adult children who don't even want a healthy parent in their house.  Opening your doors and trying to help goes a long way in my book.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

As for taking good care of her, I shuddered when I saw that tray Whitney had assembled. Yes, we all know Babs loves her canned soups, but one thing the victim of a brain bleed doesn't need is food with a high sodium content pushing up her blood pressure.

Good point. I would NEVER trust Whitney to provide a special diet for ANYONE. She clearly has no idea what shit she herself is consuming, I would honestly be shocked if she even knew the difference between saturated and unsaturated fat.

• Love 10

If I were in Bab's situation, a scary close to death experience, I would want to be back in my own house, where I live with my husband and my sweet pup to comfort me. Not Whit's pets and her roomates. Let's not forget, Whit's brother was staying at the house and was there to help and I'm sure Glen was able to take as much time off as he needed to care for his wife. No reason why Whit could not stop over every day, either. 

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Her shoes are actually very supportive stability shoes. I use to have those. They are new balance 860v5. Interesting she has had the same style since s1. Question is are they the same pair or does she do like i do and buy multiple pairs? I have like 4 lol but I run 30-40 miles a week. Hers look really really still new and not that worn down.  

Edit: photo from my running collection :) 

IMG_4676.JPG

No doubt they're good shoes but did you see the way she leans outward?  These shoes are not for her.

She needs shoes that have a solid side support.  I honestly thought she was going to snap her ankle.  She rolls way too much on the outside of her foot.

Then again, let her break her ankle.  Why the hell should I care?

2 hours ago, aliya said:

I thought it was just me. Maybe I've seen more sick people or had to deal with a sick kid, I don't know and don't get so  turned around. Maybe I hate my mother. Could be. I just thought Whit was way too emotional IN FRONT OF THE PATIENT she is trying to help. You don't have to be Patch Adams with a clown nose, but a little more rationality and control seems to be better than being so weepy and babyish. You can leave the room and cry if that's your thing.

I thought it was just me too!!! I found her behavior extremely odd. For example, when she first went to the hospital and hugged her mother,  her lower lip was protruding in a pout just like a baby. Now if that was all scripted, she is one terrible actress. And if it was real, she's emotionally a toddler.

• Love 8

I don't see Whitney as having any dilemma's because her real job is the show on which she pretends she has a dance class, a half ass job at a radio station and occasional competitions.   None of it is real.

Even if the offer to tour with the fitness guy was real, we all know she cannot physically do it, so again there is no dilemma.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Well, I've had a week to recover from the grotesqueries of Whitney reenacting her mother's stroke, FFS, and I am fortified with some cabernet and Flaming Ruffles that I pilfered from the affianced, for added fabulosity. Onward, faboo friends! Big fat fabulousness, let us count the ways!

1) STILL peddling the lie of your big fat fake pregnancy, even after you've been caught and called out. Deception for a storyline is so fab! 

2) Having a production staff that clearly disdains you enough to shoot lingering, low-angle shots of you "running," as well as close-ups on your scotch-taped-in extensions. Marvy! 

3) Using your mother's health crisis to manufacture a hijinks-filled storyline in which said mother stays in your cat-shit filled house rather than at HER OWN HOME WITH HER OWN SPOUSE. ?? [Addendum: and then acting put out and irritated by her presence! This bitch, you guys, this fucking bitch.]

Interlude: Tal has pink eye, looks like. That's pretty fab. 

4) Forcing your mom to perform with her 'stroke hand' on camera. Faaaaab.

5) Rubbing your friend's face in something you already know is sensitive for him, because you had a huge fight about it. Goals! 

6) Getting undressed for unexplained reasons in the middle of your living room, roommates be damned! Fabolissimo! 

Interlude: Why can't unemployed, worthless Whit GO TO BABS' HOME to care for her, rather than making her mom be at the uncomfortable, crowded shithole Whit calls a home? 

7) Slumping, slouching, and pouting through what is basically a performance review at your place of employment. Aces!

8) Literally going to second base with your cat. ?

9) Draping yourself physically and suggestively all over a person who has inexplicably come to offer you a job opportunity. Boundaries are fab AF!

10) Passive-aggressively trying to get your father to absolve you from guilt because you want to go on tour dammit but are pretending the choice is a big fat fabulous struggle. 

11) Sitting there massaging your FUPA and talking over the person to whom you've just given class leadership. The MOST fab. 

12) Ignoring every single sign from the universe, even after you've just listed all of them out, that it's time for you to do some serious soul-searching and reflection, and instead spout superficial platitudes and continue down your self-satisfied, self-sabotaging path, LATHER RINSE REPEAT. 

You know, I thought this would be such a fun exercise, something to re-engage me in this tired, sad old show. But honestly, watching it this closely to pull out the most FABULOUS moments has really shone a spotlight on how fucking depressing Whitney's life is. I walk away from these episodes feeling sad and drained. I knew Whitney was horrible, but I guess I didn't really KNOW know, like in my soul. So in that way, I suppose it's been worthwhile. Welp, fabulous! 

You're freaking hilarious ???

• Love 4
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

Wow.  I had no idea. 
Must work with Gidget, she's really cute, but is better at napping in the sun than doing tricks.  Maybe we could do relaxation videos.

Ha ha, go for it! We will give you some views.

Whitney is a "professional dancer" (only in her own mind) who can't even walk up an inclined ramp at the Staten Island Ferry, is a "radio personality" (who sits like a slob at a station business meeting), has put out dance workout videos, has a TV reality show and is a "dance instructor".  Yet is contemplating a "major decision making move is to go out as a "backup booty" with someone no one has ever heard of or knows about"?  And this phony storyline that this is a boon to her career?  I call BS -- all scripted by TLC. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I thought it was sad even if true when Twit and her brother said they would never know love like their parents felt for each other.  Talk about a self-defeating attitude!

Watching the old episode was a real eye opener as to how much heavier and more unhealthy Twit looks now after only a few years.  If she was 380 in the first season I call BS on her being thinner than that now.  She looks like she's over 400 lbs. now.  And now she has foot and knee issues to boot and is unable to make the moves she made only a few years ago.  Carrying that much weight and doing that much exercise has to age a person faster, and it shows.   She must have mentioned wanting to lose weight at least 4 times in that early episode, at one point saying at least 100 lbs.  How sad that she totally gave that up and has only gone in the opposite direction, digging her heels in and latching onto this whole "fit and fat" BS, which it seems she got from that doctor.  How stupid of that doctor not to mention that at her present weight that would not be possible!  Now I am reminded of where that all came from - Don't tell an addict they can still abuse their drug and be healthy!!!

Buddy was even more of a shocker.  I knew he had gained a lot of weight, but he looks TWICE the size he was in Season 1. 

The radio station crew must have had a 2 hour meeting to rehearse the BS excuse they would give on-air for not inviting the Twit back to make it look like it wasn't anything she did that precipitated it.  Oh come ON, it's just so obvious they can't stand her and just want her out of their hair.

Seeing the Season 1 episode again reminded me of how Twit is hyper sensitive about having Daddy's approval, and how she often doesn't get it.  I said elsewhere that she is locked into a self defeating pattern with men that comes from her not having the closeness with her father that she wanted/needs - I extend that to her not having his complete approval as well.  So it's no wonder she is sabotaging herself from finding a fulfilling relationship and flings herself at men who aren't interested in her only to put them in the embarrassing position of rejecting her.  It's what she's used to.  She's going to make sure a successful relationship never happens thanks to her self sabotage and belief that it will never happen.  I am also sure that she is envious of her parents' relationship and deep down inside doesn't believe she has what it takes to make that happen in her own life.  She thinks she will never be able to live up to her mother's example nor have her ability to find and keep a decent guy for a lifelong relationship.  Very sad. 

She looks terrible  Not because of her weight but her hair. skin tone, energy level, smile. n the early seasons she was a vivacious beautiful girl. Fame has not done her any favors. And Buddy looks like he is at death's door. I think that the producers should direct some of the show back to the medical issues that these two face because of their obesity and unhealthy lifestyle. Positive body image doesn't mean a think if you are half dead.  I struggle with my weight constantly and while I am not as overweight as Whitney is my doctor's are ON me about it. ON ME! I have a nutritionist, a therapist, a stress eating support group, etc. I don't understand why she isn't looking for any support beyond Buddy and her parents who are of no help whatsoever.

• Love 9

Just watched.

All I can say . . . of ferChristsake!!!

Although, line of the night, from the random "big girl" in "dance class": "who's the fitness marshall?"

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 4
On 4/13/2017 at 0:39 PM, OnceSane said:

In the wake of Babs' stroke, the family struggles to hold it together; Whitney offers to help with Babs' recovery, but when she receives an unexpected offer, she must choose between her family and her dance career.

..choose between family and "dance career" . Miss Thing will choose fiction over reality every time. If she choose " Dance Career" that way she won't have to actually DO anything, due to its NonExistence.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

..choose between family and "dance career" . Miss Thing will choose fiction over reality every time. If she choose " Dance Career" that way she won't have to actually DO anything, due to its NonExistence.

I'm beginning to think that Whitney has two terms confused, and thinks they are interchangeable:  "youtube" does NOT equal "dance career."

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

And if she chooses reality (not likely) she won't have to actually do anything (other than anything she wants to have on camera) because her mother has already fled from her house and returned to her own home, where no doubt her husband is perfectly capable of procuring any professional assistance Babs might need. And of course, in real real reality, we know Babs recovered pretty rapidly. Whitney always wins! Must be because she's so fabulous!

20 hours ago, Kid said:

Her mother had the stroke and SHE is the one that needed coddling throughout the entire episode.  I understand one would be upset but her distress is very juvenile.

I 100% knew THAT would happen BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS ABOUT WHITNEY.

When my husband was dying in Hospice there was this one woman in the hallway ( her uncle was in the adjacent room, suffering) and this damn ? was Bleating about how "Something like this never happened to MMMEEEEE! "

JUST, RAAAAGGE

23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm beginning to think that Whitney has two terms confused, and thinks they are interchangeable:  "youtube" does NOT equal "dance career."

...but toe pointing, lardass wiggling and arm waving does! All while wearing that L'il Party City cowboy hat.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Cherrio said:

My other comments are her hair was greasy and unbrushed when the fitness deputy came over.

Her hair was greasy and unbrushed throughout the show. I understand that having PCOS causes her hair to thin out, but it does not cause her to not wash or brush her hair! Not to mention the horrendous taped in extensions.

Here are screen shots of her hair for the show. I would not want to be seen at home with hair that dirty, no less go out in public and be video taped!

Hair.png

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Her hair was greasy and unbrushed throughout the show. I understand that having PCOS causes her hair to thin out, but it does not cause her to not wash or brush her hair! Not to mention the horrendous taped in extensions.

Here are screen shots of her hair for the show. I would not want to be seen at home with hair that dirty, no less go out in public and be video taped!

Hair.png

whitney.jpg

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Hair.png

When one has morbid obesity, mobility issues, and taped in hair extensions, one does not simply brush or wash their hair.

There have been several comments comparing the old first season Twit to today's Twit, and how she looks heavier, despite Twit saying that she weighs less. I think her weight is settling--much like the  foundation of a house.  Seriously, the fat is hanging more, and Twit is not as able to lift it up to move it about when she "dances".   The fat around her face is also more evident--hence the scarves she was wearing in this episode. Twit barely lifts her legs or her feet off the ground.  

What kind of "dancer" doesn't move her legs or feet?  

• Love 5

Sometimes rocking the half-bald look is better than trying to cover it up with methods that end up looking worse and drawing more attention to the problem. This is the reason why the toupee seems to have gone out of fashion. Whitney should just let her hair be thin. The obvious taped in extensions look much worse than seeing bits of her scalp. Wasn't Mattie her hairdresser at some point? Mattie needs to hook her up with a wig.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Tosia said:

There have been several comments comparing the old first season Twit to today's Twit, and how she looks heavier, despite Twit saying that she weighs less. I think her weight is settling--much like the  foundation of a house.  Seriously, the fat is hanging more, and Twit is not as able to lift it up to move it about when she "dances".   The fat around her face is also more evident--hence the scarves she was wearing in this episode. Twit barely lifts her legs or her feet off the ground.  

What kind of "dancer" doesn't move her legs or feet?  

She really wasn't moving around very much at all during that video.

A couple of things I noticed from the "early episode" -

Buddy called her a "selfless friend"

Pulling out Babs and Glenn to watch her and Todd perform their "dance" on the patio - I'm one who has made fun of her that her parents have to come to everything she does like she's a toddler (and yes I know it's probably in their TLC contract, but IMO it doesn't make Whitney look good. Or professional. Or adult.)  In the first episode of the show it was probably assumed by viewers that it was to set up the show, but now it looks even more like a giant toddler - "Watch me!  Watch me!"

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Pachengala said:

8) Literally going to second base with your cat.

This made me laugh so hard!

When she said "watch how we kiss" I was expecting something cute like the cat licking her cheek, not the romantic, eyes-closed, softly lingering smooch she gave that confused cat. It was weird.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Thank you!  I think he is better suited to leading a mommy and Me class at Gymboree.  "Backup Booties?"  How 'bout a female lead with male "Dick Dancers?"  Not cute.  Not as annoying as the "choreographer" shaking her fat, punching the air and grunting: "oof, uppf, dat, boo," but still, no.  No, thank you.

How about: Cock Cloggers?  Tallywacker Tappers?  Trouser snake Twirlers? Salami Shakers? 

Ok, I'll stop.  But seriously, if she did go on tour with them, who'd tie her shoes? Shave her legs? Or a myriad of other basic things that she can no longer do?  Oh wait! Maybe Todd can come with her after all! (NOT!)

• Love 8

I think I'm watching too much TLC. When Whitney said that the doctor was coming into her mother's room, I totally expected to see Dr. Nowzaradan enter and start berating Whitney for her poor eating habit.

• Love 21