Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Talk of the Town

• Start Topic

(edited)

Glad the girls are back.  I think Dorinda and LuAnne look the best and both have had scads of work done but it's good work.  Tom's outdoor space with his condo was impressive.  I too think he and LuAnne have an agreement to an unconventional marriage.  I'm not sure why they even need to get married, a good storyline I guess.

Apparently, Bethenny definitely didn't sell the apartment for enough.  Sonya acted like she couldn't afford a $3 million two bedroom place.  I wonder how heavily her house is mortgaged.  

I'm not liking Carole's storyline.  Damn it, I watch this show to escape reality. 

Edited by MerryMary
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I noticed this too, but on my tv it was more pink.  I am hoping it was just a trick of the lighting when they shot the TH.  Although, I thought it looked kind of flattering on Dorinda in a weird way.

Agreed -- that's why it stuck out to me as a "thing". I thought "hm, interesting color on Dorinda, but it looks good!" And then two segments later, there was Ramona with her Jem is excitement pinky-orange tinge, biting Dorinda's style. 

59 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is that what they were?  I didn't get a good enough look.  I thought they may have been dog toys.  Why do we need to be subjected to that????

My reaction was "why is this dumbass putting a banana in the dishwash-- ooooh." 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I broke up with Beverly Hills last season - Yolanda and Kathryn done tuckered me out. Watched one episode this season because I was compelled to know what Erika Jane goes through at night, and well, because I kinda missed the rest of them. But I must've forgotten about all the shrieking and Lisa Rinna's baboon's-ass lips. I'm out. 

Watching Beverly Hills this season made me feel like one of the witless townies in "Big Little Lies". 

1 hour ago, Jel said:

like the word "woman" demands a euphemism or something. 

I agree (and well  said). Caveats up front; we're a broad mix of types, in womanhood (born or made) and I  support, flag wave  -- and cheer on! -- women calling ourselves whatever we want. And I do think there are women who retain girlishness throughout their lives (Audrey Hepburn carried a sense of that lovely, youthful presence until the day she died) but they are rare, and rarely call themselves "girls". (And Hepburn kicked ass for UNICEF, so if she wanted to call herself a "double damn girl" I would concede the word happily.)  The difference to me is, Carole's relationship to the word feels less about capturing who she genuinely is, and more about who she desperately hopes to remain. I find that disturbing, especially when accompanied by a face full of fillers.  Add in identifying as a feminist (as Carole does) while living in a society full of hatred for women  (and our bodies, autonomy and power as we age) and the use of that word always gets my ears swiveling, like a cattle dog.

Edited by film noire
this here cattle dog can't punctuate.
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Ellee said:

Got a giggle when Ramona's assistant answered the door and part of her shirt was tucked in and part was out.  Hmmmm.... wonder what was going on?

Did I see right?  :D

That's a style.  Front tucked in, back hanging out.  I think it's weird, but it is a thing!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's a style.  Front tucked in, back hanging out.  I think it's weird, but it is a thing!

Ok maybe I saw it wrong....thought it was all in front. :D

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

Agreed -- that's why it stuck out to me as a "thing". I thought "hm, interesting color on Dorinda, but it looks good!" And then two segments later, there was Ramona with her Jem is excitement pinky-orange tinge, biting Dorinda's style. 

My reaction was "why is this dumbass putting a banana in the dishwash-- ooooh." 

HA!  Now that I know these were, um, playthings, it really skeeves me she was scrubbing the pink one.  EW!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

I'm not sure why they even need to get married, a good storyline I guess.

I don't get it either. It's not like they are planning on having kids. And they both have money. I suppose it's unromantic, but I'm a little older than Lu and  I don't know that I would ever get married again if something happened to my husband, too many legal entanglements. And if you have money, you probably have a pre-nup, so it's kind of like marrying your assets, but then making a agreement to keep the thing you just did from happening. I had a colleague at work who at the age of 45 decided to run off to Italy and marry some guy she had met in college, but recently reconnected with on FB. We told her to live with him but don't marry him. She married him, and brought him over to the US and started the immigration process. Turns out he was a lair and a criminal. Because she had married him in Italy, she basically had to  PAY him to get rid of him. Cost her thousands and thousands. If Lu and Tom break up, it will be much messier, even with a  pre-nup,  than if they just lived together. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I know.....it's like a sin to live beyond 40.  LOL

Ageism is not a new thing but its fucking irritating.  One day if they are lucky they too will be past 40 and someone younger will remind them what they can and cannot wear/say/think.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Scare-hole's political diatribe reminded me of a little incident I had with some guy in the veggie department of the local super.

I picked up some produce and saw that the plastic bag dispenser was empty, I walked over to where there WERE some PBs on the roll.

Another shopper got to the dispenser at the same time that I did, so I made some off hand comment about having to work to get a bag.

Nothing about politics.

He looked at me and said something about the candidates and how "we have them by the Conejos".

Huh?

I thought for a second and said, "You mean cojones, Conejos means rabbits."

In espanol, cojones is a slang term for balls/testicles, Conejos are rabbits....

This asshole was SOOOOO gung-ho about HIS politics, he couldn't even think of the right term to use.

Ahhh, the informed public.......

That guy CLEARLY never worked for ABC News and is therefore more informed than every other voter (TM Carole Radziwill.) 

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am with you.  We can push each other out of the way when people chuck things at us!  

That's not to say that I cosign everything they do.  I LOATHE B's haircut on her.  I also didn't like the preview of her being disrespectful to Carole when Carole was talking politics.  It IS a big deal to some of us and we don't expect our friends to act like assholes.  How about a please stop talking about it rather than being dismissive?  I usually don't like politics invading hw space but it was going on and it is still going on.  If its a reality show, its their reality so I think its appropriate.  In my opinion debating EACH OTHER would be inappropriate for a reality show forum but Carole is political.  Its who she is and what she was doing at the time.  

Someone who has NO intention of going!

Here's the thing with regard to Bethenny and Carole.  Carole began talking politics and Bethenny asked her to stop.  Carole just continued on.  So I don't find Bethenny's reaction disrespectful at all.  In fact, I find Carole disregarding B's request disrespectful.  I thought B trying to hide in the cabinet and talking to the dog was funny.

A few people have mentioned Adam and Carole living together.  To each their own but I have to say, given that Adam has reportedly claimed he wants kids, I don't understand their cohabiting.  Not saying that every couple who lives together is headed for marriage but aren't you at least thinking that you want to remain together indefinitely?  If Adam wants kids, he and Carole both know that the relationship will not be long term and there's an expiration date on it.  Wouldn't it be easier to keep your own places, go out, hook up, etc. when you want so that when the inevitable happens there is no packing up, moving out, etc.? 

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't know why (and should have remembered that by the time these episodes air it is several months after they are filmed) but I was looking forward to no longer hearing about Luann's wedding. Looks like we have a few months of torture still to come. I guess I should be grateful that at least the bridal shower was during non filming months. 

Loved Tommy's Tommy's Cookies jar. I assumed his mommy bought it for him. The same one who buys his clothes, and goes shopping for wedding venues with him. I am often not a fan of the apartments on MDLNY (too cold and sterile) but I actually liked Tommy's. Knowing Luann's desperation to have a man in her life, turning a blind eye in exchange for living there makes perfect sense. It was either that, or Sonja and Grey Gardens. No contest. 

I don't for a minute believe that Ramona had a lunch date. I think she told her assistant (have we seen Ramona with an assistant before?) to call her when Dorinda arrived so she could make an entrance. For someone who just had a lunch date, she sat down to a full lunch with Dorinda. Looked like grilled salmon and salad? One would think just the salad would be enough if you have just had lunch. 

I am so glad they did not have Tinsley on in this episode. I have never heard of this woman before, but read an article about her recently. She comes across as even more entitled (in her opinion of herself) than the women who are already on the show. At one point, in reference to being on the show, she says "I deserve this". Be careful what you wish for, Tinny. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Here's the thing with regard to Bethenny and Carole.  Carole began talking politics and Bethenny asked her to stop.  Carole just continued on.  So I don't find Bethenny's reaction disrespectful at all.  In fact, I find Carole disregarding B's request disrespectful.  I thought B trying to hide in the cabinet and talking to the dog was funny.

A few people have mentioned Adam and Carole living together.  To each their own but I have to say, given that Adam has reportedly claimed he wants kids, I don't understand their cohabiting.  Not saying that every couple who lives together is headed for marriage but aren't you at least thinking that you want to remain together indefinitely?  If Adam wants kids, he and Carole both know that the relationship will not be long term and there's an expiration date on it.  Wouldn't it be easier to keep your own places, go out, hook up, etc. when you want so that when the inevitable happens there is no packing up, moving out, etc.? 

I agree with you with regards to Carole talking about politics and Bethenny asking her to stop. I don't think it was rude of Bethenny at all. Sounds like Carole has been obsessed with it for awhile, which is fine. But if Beth has been hearing this for awhile, and does not have the same obsession, I think she has every right to ask her to change the subject. 

With regards to Carole and Adam living together, it makes perfect sense to me. Adam may want children, but he is only 30. That could mean he wants children in his 30s, 40s, or even 50s. Since men have that luxury, he has no need to find a partner and settle down within a certain time frame. He does not at all seem like someone who is ready to have kids even in the next 5 years. So why not save paying rent/mortgage on one place and continue to enjoy the relationship under one roof? I know a few guys who wanted kids but didn't settle down and become fathers until their 40s. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I agree with you with regards to Carole talking about politics and Bethenny asking her to stop. I don't think it was rude of Bethenny at all. Sounds like Carole has been obsessed with it for awhile, which is fine. But if Beth has been hearing this for awhile, and does not have the same obsession, I think she has every right to ask her to change the subject.

I have had to unfriend my own sister on FB because she cannot stop obsessing about the election. I get that B can't listen to it anymore because they hang out. I can't even imagine what it is like to be around her, and I only see what she tweets!  I would have been in the cabinet also.

• Love 13

I know this whole thing about Tom/Luann vs. Everybody is going to annoy me in the long run, but it's sort of nice that the pettiness of being invited/not being invited and whether or not they are in an open relationship is lighter fare compared to, say, faking cancer OR drugging and bringing people to a sex dungeon.

• Love 12

Bethenny described this season as "funny".  She didn't provide much of that in this ep.  A tiny bit with Carole, but at least no stale, lame re-used one-liners.  And she wasn't wailing or whining about the divorce -- except that one dig at Jason for daring to leave scuff marks in the Tribeca joint.

The only "funny" I saw was coming from Moaner & Sonja.  And that was more of their usual loopy/nutsy shit.  OK, maybe Bethenny showed none of the nastiness she displayed so endlessly last season.  But she wasn't especially funny either.  Maybe she needs someone new to poke at?  

I know much about Tinsley & she really is a horrible woman, so I'm up for watching Bethenny chew her up & spit her out.  But I'd like to see more humor from Bethenny.  Is that even in her anymore -- underneath all the rage & bitterness & nastiness?  Cuz that's pretty much ALL we saw from her last season.  If she's cooled down on that shit, well then, great.  A funny Bethenny, if she does still exist, I'd like to see.

• Love 10

Carole is a user. Adam is a user. They are using each other. Nothing wrong with that.

Carole gets a storyline. Think about it. How many of her scenes revolved around Adam. It is just about the only thing she has going on. She can't write a book.  She can't even produce a cook book when a barely functioning moron like Theresa Giudice spits them out like a pez dispenser. Her scenes were about her feud with Luann over Adam. Dating Adam. Adam cooking. Adam riding her on the handlebars of his bike like she is 13. He is just about the only thing she has going on.

Adam gets publicity and gigs like Chopped from his relationship. Now he gets a rent free place to flop. He can always go away with his buddy and refuse to skype with her while he is eating his sandwich. Or bang Luann's niece while he is back on the farm. It is a good gig for him. As long as it lasts.

Which will be up to about two weeks after the show is canceled. 

• Love 18
(edited)

What was ludicrous in the extreme is Ramona telling Dorinda that she enjoyed John's company. What a bag of crap. You know he is going to be  a target again. I hope he is smart enough to be scarce this season. There is no upside to him being on the show. It really affected his business and reputation. Look at how posters here casually term him a drug addict. He needs to stay in the background. Support Dorinda but don't film with the other bitches. 

You know who seems to be doing it right. Tom. Of all people. He is on here and there talking about how much he loves Luann. But he is not defending himself.  He is not really interacting with the crazies. He blew off Sonja in that scene on the boat. He is keeping the craziness at arms length. 

John should take a lesson from that.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

With regards to Carole and Adam living together, it makes perfect sense to me. Adam may want children, but he is only 30. That could mean he wants children in his 30s, 40s, or even 50s. Since men have that luxury, he has no need to find a partner and settle down within a certain time frame. He does not at all seem like someone who is ready to have kids even in the next 5 years. So why not save paying rent/mortgage on one place and continue to enjoy the relationship under one roof? I know a few guys who wanted kids but didn't settle down and become fathers until their 40s. 

That means that Carole will be in her 60's, 70's or 80's when he's ready for kids  The longer they live together the harder the break is going to be for her, guaranteed, no matter how cool she tries to play this off. She is totally invested in the guy. And a basket of kittens isn't going to do the trick. I do agree with men having kids in their 40's like Hugh Grant, Simon Cowel etc. Did the men who became fathers in their 40's have children with women in their 40's or did they swap their mate out for a younger model? I've known a couple of guys who had to leave their relationship to have children because the current spouse was unwilling and the women who were left were very upset because they felt that they should have been enough for the guy but it doesn't always work like that.

@Trooper York: I agree with everything you wrote 100%!!!! 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, BloggerAloud said:

I know this whole thing about Tom/Luann vs. Everybody is going to annoy me in the long run, but it's sort of nice that the pettiness of being invited/not being invited and whether or not they are in an open relationship is lighter fare compared to, say, faking cancer OR drugging and bringing people to a sex dungeon.

I agree. (And I know the faking cancer is from RHOC but drugging and sex dungeon? Yikes! Which franchise? I only watch RHNY, RHOC, RHBH). In any case it doesn't sound the least bit entertaining to me.

I thought it was funny when Sonja claimed that she is invited to the wedding. As if. She is the last person Lu would invite as she would be worried about Sonja trying to upstage her. The tags on her clothing were pretty funny too. I would imagine Sonja is one of those women who wear something, hide the tag, and then return for a refund. Must have forgot this one. (Though I don't believe she dated Prince Albert any more than she was invited to Lu's wedding). I assumed when Beth said she would only attend Luann's wedding if she was paid to make an appearance (or was shilling her SG products) she meant if the wedding was being filmed as part of RHNY? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly, she didn't make 7 million. She sold it for 7 million.  Anybody know what she paid for it and if she had a mortgage to pay off? No doubt she made a nice profit. That's the beauty of real estate in NYC. You could sell a peice of crap shoebox apartment that's falling apart and still make a profit. But Bethenny making 7 million. No, not even close.    

None of this is coming from Bethenny.  She never claimed she was making a $7 million profit.  In fact, she said very clearly on this episode that she was likely going to lose millions she put into the place but she didn't care, because she just wanted it gone.  Her exact words were: "I haven't seen the apartment since it's been staged; I don't care how beautiful the apartment looks; the millions of dollars I spent, I don't even care -- I want to sell it and just get rid of it." And when Fredrik called to tell her he had a full ask offer, all cash, he said "Call the bank and tell them to make room in the bank vaults because that money's coming" and Bethenny replies, "Believe me, there's a hole it will fill." That certainly suggests to me that the money was going against debt, as does her subsequent comment, when she's checking off ways pieces of her life are falling place: "Sell massive apartment that's been a money pit for the last four years: check!"  I'd be pretty thrilled in that situation, too, especially when it didn't even take a day to unload.  But she never claimed she was getting a windfall from this.  

• Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

That means that Carole will be in her 60's, 70's or 80's when he's ready for kids  The longer they live together the harder the break is going to be for her, guaranteed, no matter how cool she tries to play this off. She is totally invested in the guy. And a basket of kittens isn't going to do the trick. I do agree with men having kids in their 40's like Hugh Grant, Simon Cowel etc. Did the men who became fathers in their 40's have children with women in their 40's or did they swap their mate out for a younger model? I've known a couple of guys who had to leave their relationship to have children because the current spouse was unwilling and the women who were left were very upset because they felt that they should have been enough for the guy but it doesn't always work like that.

@Trooper York: I agree with everything you wrote 100%!!!! 

I thought it was obvious from my post that I meant Adam. when he was ready to actually settle down and have children (if not earlier) would leave the relationship. Lol. In the meantime, he is only 30. So if he and Carole are having fun, who are they harming? I don't think at 52 (I think) Carole has any delusions that Adam will still be there when she is 60.

As for the women you know who were upset that they were not enough? If they knew going in (as Carole did) that the guys wanted kids, that is on them. If the guy said he didn't and changed his mind, (which also does happen - both with men and women changing their minds)  that is something else. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm not going to assume Lu has an open marriage because of these gossipy bitches.  Ramona calling Tom's exes was so crossing the line.  

I still haven't warmed up to Dorinda.....she's playing both sides and I despise people who do that.  Plus, she was mean to my girl Heather back in the day.

Oh Ramona, I cannot believe you think gutting a kitchen as opposed to just replacing the cabinet doors is saving you money.  You are such an idiot.  At her lunch with Dorinda, between her crazy messy ponytail, her screeching voice and flailing arms, she looked and sounded like a loon.  I hate her stupid laugh.  My DH was sleeping next to me, and I had to keep lowering the volume during Ramona's scenes.

I share Carole's despair over the election, and I am ok if she discusses it.  I am also happy that she and Adam are still enjoying life together.  

Sonja is just sad, sad, sad.

I feel for Tom and Luann because that wholly inappropriate kiss on Tom's part should probably not define their relationship.  I have a hard time when there seem to be a number of unhappily divorced women on the show that feel it is their duty to weigh in on the others' relationship.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-dagostino-reacts-to-open-marriage-rumors-with-husband-tom-dagostino  I like that Ramona because she read it in the paper believes it to be true.

I like the fact Dorinda is holding a grudge against Sonja.  I am kind of tired of Sonja. 

Yes I thought how effing stupid are you Ramona?  Then she answered my questions when she started advertising herself in the market for a man in his fifties who has been married, doesn't work a lot, has grown kids and lots of time for her.  Gee, I wonder how hard it is to find marginally employed men in the fifties?  I half expect Mario, the contractor, to come back with a moustache and introduce himself as Mario's older brother Luigi.  Ramona should also make it clear that he be widowed or divorced, not just been married.

Carole seems to be the only one not wanting to talk about Tom.  I applaud Carole for having other interests than Tom D'Agnostino.  I did notice the Luann slam from Carole so she might not be as far along as I had hoped.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought it was obvious from my post that I meant Adam. when he was ready to actually settle down and have children (if not earlier) would leave the relationship. Lol. In the meantime, he is only 30. So if he and Carole are having fun, who are they harming. I don't think at 52 (I think) Carole has any delusions that Adam will still be there when she is 60. 

Of course I didn't think Carol would be having kids. And I do think she has delusions of him sticking around (last season "this might not be temporary after all") I just think the longer she stays in a relationship that's going nowhere the harder it will be when it ends . I've seen women who have tried to pull off the I'm just in it for shits and giggle and we're just living in the moment but they were kidding themselves.And I don't think she will ever marry even if he asked because no matter what she says she is too attached to her fake princess title and her now non existent relationship to the Kennedys. She can say she's related by marriage but once that's gone she'll just be some sad, desperate older woman supporting her barely interested young man who has golden highlights and vocal fry. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I think the sex dungeon was that witchy Carlton the Doormat on Beverly Hills. Right?

On this season on RHOA.

I find Carole's need to always make her relationship status seem quirky and out of the norm annoying but the fact that she couldn't just say that they were living together but "shacking up" to be an extra level of asshattery.

• Love 14
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Of course I didn't think Carol would be having kids. And I do think she has delusions of him sticking around (last season "this might not be temporary after all") I just think the longer she stays in a relationship that's going nowhere the harder it will be when it ends . I've seen women who have tried to pull off the I'm just in it for shits and giggle and we're just living in the moment but they were kidding themselves.And I don't think she will ever marry even if he asked because no matter what she says she is too attached to her fake princess title and her now non existent relationship to the Kennedys. She can say she's related by marriage but once that's gone she'll just be some sad, desperate older woman supporting her barely interested young man who has golden highlights and vocal fry. 

I have no idea if Carole is kidding herself or not. My vote is not. However I do think many of the Howives are kidding themselves. Ramona is kidding her self that she had a hot date for lunch, and enjoying a fab new life. She seems lonely and desperate. Lu is kidding herself that she and Tom are soulmates and have a monogamous relationship. As another poster said, I think Lu is more in love with the idea of Tom, than Tom himself. Sonja is kidding herself that she is an actress, with an international following. (Loved that one!). So if Carole is kidding herself, she is in good company. (Or bad, depending on your POV). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I know much about Tinsley & she really is a horrible woman, so I'm up for watching Bethenny chew her up & spit her out.  But I'd like to see more humor from Bethenny.  Is that even in her anymore -- underneath all the rage & bitterness & nastiness?  Cuz that's pretty much ALL we saw from her last season.  If she's cooled down on that shit, well then, great.  A funny Bethenny, if she does still exist, I'd like to see.

Can you elaborate regarding Tinsley on her thread? She came across as a horrible woman in the article, and I don't think it was meant to. So I can only imagine what the true story actually is. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole original couch fabric is on sale.  https://www.decoratorsbest.com/p-lee-jofa-silk-tiger-velvet-oro-fabric-9823.aspx  At 30 yards that comes out to just under $40k for the fabric. was the damage suppose to be due to the pets or normal wear?

That sofa is 50+-- Lee R's  apt with the sofa were featured in magazine spreads in the 70's, so I suspect  it's wear is due to use.

From 1976: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/lee-radziwill-new-york-city-apartment#5

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm right there with you. B was polite and upfront at first. I also got the impression that was NOT the first time they have had that conversation. But Carol just wouldn't stop rambling. What else do you do? Hide in the cabinet and beg the dog to kill you!

1 hour ago, Juneau Gal said:

Geez Luigi, for someone who thinks she is so current and cutting edge, B is the most behind the times, least in touch with trends person on the show. Her lame bon mots circa 1980s, the dogs names, the "staging a house is the new thing" pronouncement. Good grief, join us in 2017 B, won't you?! (Or just go away. I could get behind that too.)

I'm fine with the dog names. You like who you like. I had a dog named after Johnny Cash. But the staging thing was so silly. Has she never watched HGTV in the last decade???

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Ramona's unhealthy (yes, unhealthy) obsession with Lu and Tom's relationship makes her look like a Fatal Attraction lunatic. Calling people in other states to get the info and keep tabs on Lu?

Also, notice how her story changed from all these people coming up to her and telling her these stories but the only specific example she could give was a quote in the paper that his ex gave so not even information that Lu didn't know about. I hope she doesn't interfere in Avery's life as much as she does in Lu.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

(Though I don't believe she dated Prince Albert any more than she was invited to Lu's wedding). 

I believe she meant this Prince Albert:

ert:albert.thumb.jpg.159c7aba601eea21b68d1219243c7023.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I almost wept for Carole's once gorgeous sofa looking like such a ratty mess on national TV---what the hell happened to it to cause it to rip/tear so much in just a year? Fostering kittens caused *that* much damage?!

That's when it's time to consider keeping kittens elsewhere or just covering that thing up with various throws or plastic. She'll end up paying a fortune for new Scalamandre fabric, that's for sure...must be nice to have that much extra dough to spend on overpriced fabric, excessive facial fillers and boy-toys. Meanwhile Adam continues to display a complete lack of personality or charm with his every scene.

I thought her couch looked shabby last year. Because I remember being surprised that she'd allow it to be filmed in that condition.   

• Love 5
(edited)

The thing I found odd about the conversation between Ramona and Lu was the part regarding the ex giving an interview where she states that she is in contact with Tom every day, kissed him, and could have done more. I assume this is the ex he kissed at the hotel bar shortly after he and Lu got engaged? (Also the one he gave a gold bracelet to for xmas? Or maybe that is another ex). They got engaged in February, so this filming is now at least September - so 7 or so months later. While I don't agree with Dorinda that once a relationship is over, it is over (and I am friends will pretty much all my ex boyfriends, as is my hubby with his ex girlfriends) if an ex is giving interviews about her time with Tom after he is engaged to someone else, let alone bragging about a make out session, that is not someone supportive of his new relationship. In my book that relationship would be terminated. But apparently not in Tommy's world. And Lu is fine with it, it would seem.  She seems to be repeating her relationship with the count, where he could do whatever he wanted. Until his public behaviour embarrassed Lu. Mind you, wasn't it the count who ended the marriage? In any case I would imagine that penthouse will keep Lu happy and if the marriage ends down the line, it will be Tommy's doing. 

• Love 2

Prince Albert was/is quite the bon vivant-- & player, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he and Sonja hooked up

8 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I thought her couch looked shabby last year. Because I remember being surprised that she'd allow it to be filmed in that condition.   

Ah see, Carole was emulating an old money attitude, they don't necessarily care if things get a bit shabby.

I'm sure her MIL would approve

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

Prince Albert was/is quite the bon vivant-- & player, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he and Sonja hooked up

It would me because she doesn't fit his age requirements and doesn't fit other parts of his typical type.

Plus the fact that Sonja is a known liar/exaggerator.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

... I was looking forward to no longer hearing about Luann's wedding. Looks like we have a few months of torture still to come. 

Luann's wedding is old friggin' news and I could not care less about seeing one minute of it.  Or of her shower. Or her bachelorette party.  God please spare me the spectacle of her going dress shopping (although since she wore like half a dozen different ones that night, I am sure boring scenes of her searching for just the right gown and just the right other gown and one more just right gown will be unavoidable). Bleh! I am dreading it and I will probably watch from the DVR so I can fast forward through all of it.  

I guess I'm just burned out on reality show weddings, especially ones that are aired like they just took place yesterday when the reality is that it all happened more than six months earlier and was covered all over the net and in People and in US Magazine and there is nothing we haven't seen already. Luann might as well be a Duggar. The only difference is Luann probably won't be visibly pregnant by the time her wedding airs.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, MerryMary said:

I'm not sure why they even need to get married

Because marriage guarantees rights that partnership does not.

Lu said she didn't invite any of the girls/women and while I believe she didn't, I think B would have got an invite had she not asked for an appearance fee--that's really a dick move.

Can women who have had these surgeries like Ramona's, see their faces? I'd be horrified if I expected to look like I did at 20 only to wake up and look like a shinier version of my 60 yo self.

• Love 5
(edited)

Luann's wedding is all that they have. What are the other story lines.

Ramona's dating life?

Carole's politics?

Dorinda's partys?

Sonja's hook ups?

They got nothing.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

Ah see, Carole was emulating an old money attitude, they don't necessarily care if things get a bit shabby.

I'm sure her MIL would approve

So, old money and no money finally have something in common - because everything I own is shabby.  :-)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I believe she meant this Prince Albert:

ert:albert.thumb.jpg.159c7aba601eea21b68d1219243c7023.jpg

Oh man,

Back before the days of caller I.D. you'd call a liquor store and ask if they had "Prince Albert, in a can".

PA was loose tobacco for pipes or rolling - If the clerk said "yes", you would say.

"You better let him out because he can't breath in there......"

I think SM thinks she had Prince Albert IN HER CAN?

paic.jpg

• Love 4