Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Talk of the Town

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Wow. Those prices seem low to me. I mean, given the whole mystique of the Upper East Side, I'd have expected the prices to be double or triple that. Especially since Bethenny's apartment just sold for close to $7million.

Not that part of the UES. Fifth Ave or Park would be very different. Lots of rentals that ppl can actually afford (take that with a grain of salt) around where Tom's place is whereas Fifth and/or Park is more established, family homes. Bethenny's apartment was in a much cooler neighborhood and the space/layout different. I get now why his outdoor space wraps around the apartment because of the way it's laid out. That said, I sure wouldn't turn it down. To the person who questioned how much use a NY'er gets out of outdoor space, you'd be surprised. If you're lucky enough to have outdoor space in NY, you use it until you simply can't take it anymore. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Atwood said:

The relatively low price is because it has got a terrible floor plan

For a one bedroom I don't think that is a horrible floor plan at all. He knocked at least one wall  between the dining room and the kitchen which he reconfigured and the other rooms are generous. The reason it is the price is much like Peggy Olsen the market isn't going to boom that far east until either the 2nd Avenue subway is complete  for actual reals or people can teleport. 

For myself I adore the layout. Decent size living room on the opposite side of the apartment from a huge bedroom and a teraace you can walk completely around in Manhattan I would even hang out with John without Dorinda.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Albert is famous for having two types before his wife. Younger famous women on his arm to disguise his mistresses and mothers of his other children.  Sonja doesn't meet either critriea. His wife is not only younger but a world class athlete.

She's beautiful. 

• Love 1

Wow this was a really lame beginning to the start of the season. I don´t remember a more "meh" first episode in any RH franchise. I thought the real estate stuff was interesting, nice to see them living in luxurious surroundings, and planning to sell said surroundings, but I was bored with everything else. Ramona was especially ridiculous with everything she said and did. And kind of boring at the same time. Please, let Luann just be Luann with all that entails, make snarky remarks about her and too her, but don´t try to stifle her. I can´t believe I´m about to say this but I kind of like Dorinda the best now, I´m sure it will change though.

• Love 2

Bethenny can be a bit much at times,  but I related to how she felt about Carole.  During the election every time I saw my MIL she said the same things over and over.  I was following the election so I knew what was out there already.   I guess we'll get to see Carole lose her shit when he wins.  Great.  I'm so over it.  

Let Luann marry the womanizer.  Good Lord.  She's a big girl,  if it fails it's her life to live.  Ramona turned the other cheek for how long with Mario?  

• Love 6
On 4/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, Thumper said:

Beth would only go to the wedding if it was a paid appearance or they'd use her products???

I thought Lu said she only invited one HW?  (Forgot which one.)

Cynthia Bailey from RH of ATL. They were friends during their modeling days!

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Cynthia Bailey from RH of ATL. They were friends during their modeling days!

I thought they met through Jill's Ladies Who Lunch event. Cynthia had a real modeling career, while Luann admits that she was barely a model. Kelly Bensimon modeled. Kristen Taekman modeled. So did Brandi and Yolanda, but from what I can tell Luann did a handful of photo shoots and some car shows.

Luann invited Marysol Patten from RHoMiami too.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Wow. Those prices seem low to me. I mean, given the whole mystique of the Upper East Side, I'd have expected the prices to be double or triple that. Especially since Bethenny's apartment just sold for close to $7million.

Didn't I read that Beth paid 5 million for her place? (For comparison sake).Seems like that would have been around 2011 as well. But Bethenny's was 3600 Sq ft. Tom's looks to be less than 900 if you add up the LR/BR/DR/KI areas. No wonder the tour was so short - there was nothing else to see. As another poster said the wrap around terrace is a waste of space - I would want those three feet wide areas as indoor space.  

I laugh now when I remember Lu saying of the kitchen and dining room that they spend a lot of time there, implying that there are more areas to the apt.  Nope, all you got is the bedroom. If I was married to Tommy I would be spending most of my time in the kitchen and living room areas too. And I don't cook. I did notice a tiny powder room but it is right beside the kitchen - eewww. But in a tiny space I guess you don't have a lot of choice.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
(edited)

Time to culture the thread up with some poetry!

Upper east side digs

Personalized cookie jars

Lulu does live there

---

Scarehole picks are bad,

I wonder who she picked to

Win NCAA?

---

beffy cries 'bout scuffs

I wonder the reaction

to ring 'round collar?

------

There once was a housewife who dotes

About the election and votes

She did go and choose her

eventual loser

I wonder what she now emotes?

---

There once was a countess who wed

And moved from her old hamptons shed

She took a new spouse

and earned a penthouse

And that made the others see red!

----

Ramona is crazy, that aside?

To get some ass she has tried

she's tried every trick

to get a stiff (guy)

But that only got her 'side eyed'.

-----

Ramona is looking to bone

to lure a man to her home?

It seems that she can't

get men in her pants

So now she spends MORE time alone?

-----

In Sonya's dishwasher at home

inside the plates aren't alone!

that dildo so pink

is better done in the sink

who knows where that thing has 'roamed'?

Edited by ElDosEquis
Spelling, lest i get pilloried for improper spelling.
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Otherkate said:

That said, I sure wouldn't turn it down. To the person who questioned how much use a NY'er gets out of outdoor space, you'd be surprised. If you're lucky enough to have outdoor space in NY, you use it until you simply can't take it anymore. 

Ha (and yes, based on my friend's apartments, because I don't have a wraparound terrace ; )

Also (sadly) the climate crisis means the cold months don't kick in as soon/hard in NYC , so the terrace would only be unusable a handful of months in the year.  (And even then, the view of snowy cyprus trees on your terrace -- seen through your living room window, twenty+ floors above Manhattan,  a crackling fire blazing away -- well, sign me up for the living hell that is Luann's NYC pied-a-terre : )  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Bethenny and Ramona both run businesses how do they even have time to run behind Luann?

I'm going to get a jar for my kitchen that says D's cookies and keep my weed in it.

Edibles.

Those  chocolate 'rice krispie' edibles are nuclear.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

Bethenny can be a bit much at times,  but I related to how she felt about Carole.  During the election every time I saw my MIL she said the same things over and over.  I was following the election so I knew what was out there already.   I guess we'll get to see Carole lose her shit when he wins.  Great.  I'm so over it.  

Let Luann marry the womanizer.  Good Lord.  She's a big girl,  if it fails it's her life to live.  Ramona turned the other cheek for how long with Mario?  

There probably is a difference between 'denial' and 'acceptance'?

The Ramonster was adamant that Mario wasn't a cheater.

An open marriage is just two people agreeing to certain conditions to keep their marriage viable.

My wife and I have an open marriage.

If I ever walk thru the 'open door' I'd probably have to keep walking until I found a bridge to live under.

• Love 7

I like Lu, and I like that she married, got the penthouse, and looks great. It cheers me while the other housewives are dumping on her, that she is flipping them off. This is a show, these are not real friendships, and Lu has gotten the best deal out of the franchise. 

Beth got the cash, and may it keep her warm, as she is a cold, thoroughly unkind woman. Carole is living thru her endlessly delayed adolescence, and will be doing so until she is in assisted living. Ramona may explode soon, she is so stuffed with injectables that she now resembles a balloon from the Macy's parade. Sonja is still not drinking, and I applaud her for that, she looks good; still crazy, but looking her best. Dorinda is most normal and friendly of the bunch and I enjoy watching her maneuver around these mutts. There is a new terror who is arriving soon...I expect Beth will either attack her or try to add her to her entourage...and cut the tedious Carole loose.

• Love 21

That penthouse looked better on the show than in the video, that's for sure.  It seemed so lifeless. Maybe it was just the lighting and time of day.

What about the noise from the elevator shafts that run up through the middle of the unit? That seems like it might be an issue.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I like Lu, and I like that she married, got the penthouse, and looks great. It cheers me while the other housewives are dumping on her, that she is flipping them off. This is a show, these are not real friendships, and Lu has gotten the best deal out of the franchise. 

This is spot on. Luann is living her life. She got a guy who wanted to marry her. A guy who dated the other ho's and turned up his nose for using them as anything other than a receptacle of his demon seed. That is what burns their ass. 

Bethenny is just mean. She is a bitter twisted harpy who finds no joy in her life. That is why Carole is the perfect side kick.

Dorinda is the only one who seem half way normal. Who knows if that is going to last. The best move for her is to keep John away from the other bitches and only film as a couple with Luann and Tom. I think that is how it is going to go since she was the only one who went to the wedding.

• Love 15
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:35 AM, pbutler111 said:

I think Ramona looks great.  She doesn't look to me like she's had anything done. And I believe Ramona is, and always has been, the money in that marriage.  If anyone is paying a settlement, it would be Ramona to Mario, not the other way around.  But considering Mario's very public philandering, I doubt he walked away with much, if anything. It's amazing how quickly "sweet young things" disappear when an old guy has no cash.

I was with you up until this one.  Stevie Wonder can see all the work Ramona has had done.  Come on.  She looks totally different from how she looked last season!  Her eyes are two different sizes!

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I was with you up until this one.  Stevie Wonder can see all the work Ramona has had done.  Come on.  She looks totally different from how she looked last season!  Her eyes are two different sizes!

...and? What's your point people? Bethenny's also gone thru a lot of changes and doesn't look the same either! SO? It's TV and personalities on the boob tube get work done! Nothing new; "nothing to see here!" ;-)

This group of howives shows astrology in action. The Scorpio Axis (Bethenny/Ramona) vs the Taurus Axis (Luann) remains painful to watch, with two try-hards constantly shading and undermining the sexy minx who makes man-catching seem effortless! While I'm not the Countess's biggest fan, watching Bethenny and Ramona's bitter hatred of her tickles me to no end. Seriously, no matter what we think of her (maybe) open relationships, Luann will probably marry and divorce a few more times before Ramona ever gets a serious prospect again. Beth and Ramona seem to be great business women, but they really come off tone-deaf when it comes to relationships. Not that I think Tom is some prize. Hardly. But Ramona and Beth's petty need to pretend concern even as they wait for Luann and Tom's union to crash and burn really makes these two look like bitter bitches.

And I say this as someone who would have called Bethenny and Ramona my favorites during the first three seasons.

I hate to say it, but, I don't know why Sonja and her sexy "J" are still on the show. It's time for her to move on. She's got no story, her businesses never go anywhere, and I am no longer interested in watching her flash her crotch at the camera.

I go back and forth on Carole. Her political talk will grow tiresome really quickly, at least for me. I don't disagree, but I find her OCD about it to be in bad taste.

Dorinda looks good. She's grown on me over the seasons. I look forward to more drunken rage-crying from her. She's good at that.

Luann is still slaying them all. I don't know if she's desperate for a man or not, but I see a gorgeous woman living her life, mistakes me damned. At least she's living. Some of the rest should take a play out of her (rather long, thumbed-through and dog-eared) book.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Just to set the record straight, Bethenny's properties are downtown -- a whole world away from the Upper East Side.  Her joint with Jason is in Tribeca, which for a while had the highest prices in the city.  The building it's in has enormous apartments & is quite sought after.  The neighborhood is pretty awesome too.  There are reasons why the apartment sold so quickly & it's not because of the "genius" of Bethenny or Fredrik.  Rolling eyes very, very, very hard on that one.  What horseshit!

Sonja babbled she couldn't get a 2 bedroom place nearby (she's on the Upper East Side) for less than 3 mil.  Um, not true, Sonja.  The upper end market has cooled down quite a lot lately (not good news for Jared & his ilk), and there are plenty to be had in the mid to upper range, particularly on the Upper East Side.

Tom bought his place in 2011, so I would bet he could get more than 1.5 mil, but not much more.  Why?  It's NOT cuz of the floor plan.  The outdoor space & the terraces all over are a great selling point.  But it's only a one bedroom & it's stuck in that same neighborhood, the fugly glut of meh high-rise dorm buildings, that Moaner is in (and Dorinda too).  Is it a selling point if the penthouse is in an older building?  Not necessarily.  Moaner's place is much larger than Toms's (and Lu's).  Looks to be at least 2, maybe 3, bedrooms.  Moaner's place is worth more, but not much more.  Given those low ceilings & the meh neighborhood (not unsafe or bad, just unremarkable), I suspect Moaner is in for a rude awakening on just what she can get for her joint.  But she did good on the redo.  Certainly looks less dated & icky than it did before.

In the scene with Bethenny & Sonja, I kinda zoned out on what they were talking about -- mostly cuz I didn't give a shit what they were talking about.  I was gazing at the view from her windows.  Looked so nice.  The block is so pretty, with trees & the other beautiful townhouses.  OK, it has its disadvantages with the 24//7 garage right next door & the construction site across the street.  But still, as I said above, much fewer in Manhattan live this way than live in the soulless boxes Moaner, Tom, Lu, Dorinda, Bethenny and probably Satan Andy live in.  Oh and me too.  I live in a box with a view.  It's okay, but as I ignored whatever bullshit Bethenny & Sonja were babbling about, I looked at the pretty view from Sonja's tall gorg windows with the tattered curtains & was kinda jelly.

Btw, I would compare Tom to Harry, way before I would to Slade.  It's easy to forget just how reprehensible a character Slade was (and likely still is).  Dodging support payments for his son sick with cancer was something I'll never forget  The worst we know of Tom is he a kissed another woman in a hotel bar while engaged to Lu.  Big woo.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11
(edited)

How are they going to go the whole season without Bethenny and Ramona and Sonja not bringing around a dude? It is obvious that Bethenny has it in her contract that she doesn't have to film her private life. Ramona is reduced to showing up in her underwear for the UPS guy. Sonja. Yeah Sonja the less said the better.

Is the whole season going to be beating on Tom and John the way it was last year? I mean go back and look at last season. More than half the season was based on Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja and Carole attacking Tom and John and Dorinda and Luann defending them. This is going to get old real fast. This new chick better bring something to the table or this is going to get as boring as Carole. Nobody wants that.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 9

Dorinda looks good. She's grown on me over the seasons. I look forward to more drunken rage-crying from her. She's good at that.

What I like about Dorinda is that she seems more down to earth than some of the other ladies.   I think I could talk to her easier than the others.  She's got that air of sophistication, but without the snootiness.  I loved seeing her home last season when she had it decorated for Christmas.  Many people said her decorations were tacky, but I loved them and would've oohed and aahed if I had been there, unlike her guests who didn't seem to appreciate her effort.  Having said that though, I wouldn't trust any of them with a secret! 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

What I like about Dorinda is that she seems more down to earth than some of the other ladies.   I think I could talk to her easier than the others.  She's got that air of sophistication, but without the snootiness.  I loved seeing her home last season when she had it decorated for Christmas.  Many people said her decorations were tacky, but I loved them and would've oohed and aahed if I had been there, unlike her guests who didn't seem to appreciate her effort.  Having said that though, I wouldn't trust any of them with a secret! 

After seeing Yosemite Sam in action last year (and I don't mean the flapping of her arms) I think I trust her the least. LOL

giphy.gif

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

How are they going to go the whole season without Bethenny and Ramona and Sonja not bringing around a dude? It is obvious that Bethenny has it in her contract that she doesn't have to film her private life. Ramona is reduced to showing up in her underwear for the UPS guy. Sonja. Yeah Sonja the less said the better.

Is the whole season going to be beating on Tom and John the way it was last year? I mean go back and look at last season. More than half the season was based on Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja and Carole attacking Tom and John and Dorinda and Luann defending them. This is going to get old real fast. This new chick better bring something to the table or this is going to get as boring as Carole. Nobody wants that.

I agree. After about 5 seasons, the HW franchises get stale. If I had my way I would let go of Ramona, Carole, and Sonja. I'm always on the fence with Bethenny; I liked her a lot her first 3 seasons and not at all her last 2. The Real HWs of any city has just about run it's course though.

Edited by msblossom
grammar
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Atwood said:

Ramona is also on Third Avenue, but ten or so blocks to the north. She's in an eighties-style condo building though, and Tom's apartment is in a postwar white brick coop-building. They usually start tapering back from the street (and providing terraces for the higher apartments) above the twelve-ish floors due to the setback-rules in nyc zoning laws. The terrible floor plan for a top-floor penthouse is pretty much par for the course, unless it's a trophy property.

Where on 3rd Avenue are they?

upper east side, around the 80's, is so segregated it doesn't even look like NYC.  It looks like some suburb.  I always hated Ramona's snobbishness about claiming to never leave the upper east side.  You bragging Romona?   

Carole and Bethany have much better locations in the West Village, Soho and Tribeca.  Maybe that's what keeps Bethany and Carole so fit and youthful, they refuse to move uptown.  

• Love 2

Bethenny would be ok to keep if there was a rival who would stand up to her in a semi believable way. I thought Heather was going to be that person. They missed a trick when she left. I doubt that Carole would have dropped Heather for Bethenny but she might because she is a worthless piece of crap. The only problem was that Heather was the antagonist the  season before having beefs with Ramona and Luann. That might have resulted in Bethenny teaming up with Ramona and Luann vs Heather, Carole and Kristen. I legitimately thought that was the plan. Instead it got all mixed up and Luann was set up as the antagonist with only Dorinda in her corner and Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja and Carole ripping at her flesh like the the Furies attacking Prometheus.

The Housewives are actually just a recreation of Greek Mythology. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

...and? What's your point people? Bethenny's also gone thru a lot of changes and doesn't look the same either! SO? It's TV and personalities on the boob tube get work done! Nothing new; "nothing to see here!" ;-)

I was responding to the poster who said she didn't think Ramona had any work done.  My point is she obviously did.  Thought that was pretty obvious in my post.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

In the scene with Bethenny & Sonja, I kinda zoned out on what they were talking about -- mostly cuz I didn't give a shit what they were talking about.  I was gazing at the view from her windows.  Looked so nice.  The block is so pretty, with trees & the other beautiful townhouses.  OK, it has its disadvantages with the 24//7 garage right next door & the construction site across the street.  But still, as I said above, much fewer in Manhattan live this way than live in the soulless boxes Moaner, Tom, Lu, Dorinda, Bethenny and probably Satan Andy live in.  Oh and me too.  I live in a box with a view.  It's okay, but as I ignored whatever bullshit Bethenny & Sonja were babbling about, I looked at the pretty view from Sonja's tall gorg windows with the tattered curtains & was kinda jelly.

I agree. Sonja's townhouse might be in need of TLC but it has great bones and is a freaking townhouse. That's not easy to come by in NYC and so nice for families. The right person with money and the willingness to put in some work and time would have it made in that space. I would give up a box in a highrise for a homey townhouse any day of the week. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Bethenny would be ok to keep if there was a rival who would stand up to her in a semi believable way. I thought Heather was going to be that person. They missed a trick when she left. I doubt that Carole would have dropped Heather for Bethenny but she might because she is a worthless piece of crap. The only problem was that Heather was the antagonist the  season before having beefs with Ramona and Luann. That might have resulted in Bethenny teaming up with Ramona and Luann vs Heather, Carole and Kristen. I legitimately thought that was the plan. Instead it got all mixed up and Luann was set up as the antagonist with only Dorinda in her corner and Bethenny, Ramona, Sonja and Carole ripping at her flesh like the the Furies attacking Prometheus.

The Housewives are actually just a recreation of Greek Mythology. 

The appropriate term used to describe these b!tches is right out of Greek mythology; HARPIES! I like it! ;-)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

That injecting your face to make it swell up so you don't have a line on your face at 60 makes you look ridiculous?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, msblossom said:

I agree. After about 5 seasons, the HW franchises get stale. If I had my way I would let go of Ramona, Carole, and Sonja. I'm always on the fence with Bethenny; I liked her a lot her first 3 seasons and not at all her last 2. The Real HWs of any city has just about run it's course though.

I completely agree.

The storylines on each show are almost always the same.  Someone is getting therapy.  Someone is getting engaged and will have a televised wedding (thank you LuAnn for being the rare exception to the wedding by Bravo).  Someone is getting fertility treatment.  Someone has a boyfriend who is more than likely not a real boyfriend.  Someone is launching a cosmetic/skin care/wine/liquor business.  Someone has a business and puts their product ON DISPLAY CONSTANTLY (Bethy I'm talking about you).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, msblossom said:

An intriguing idea, this. I agree that by S4 the women are savvy to how to behave on camera, when to absent themselves and so on. A good example is Moaner --  last year we had iterations of  "I have to leave early, I have plans" and "Sorry I'm late, I had plans" and, except for a few RoMeltdowns (far fewer than in the past) she held it together and essentially posed a lot, the better to see her Mount Moaners, I guess. Maybe the producers should have a 4-season run as the max for cast and bring in fresh wives when the vets hit that mark.

• Love 2

I think that they should open it up to other races and classes that reside in New York. Where are the African Americans, Italians, Puerto Ricans and Asians. New York is a lot more than what they are showing you.

Of course Satan Andy is a hateful bigot and believes in segregation about as much as Orville Faubus. He will only have African Americans on Atlanta, Italians in Jersey and barely functioning Morons on Orange County. 

This franchise has become as stale as the food in Adams kitchen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I agree. Sonja's townhouse might be in need of TLC but it has great bones and is a freaking townhouse. That's not easy to come by in NYC and so nice for families. The right person with money and the willingness to put in some work and time would have it made in that space. I would give up a box in a highrise for a homey townhouse any day of the week. 

Like I said above, I ignored whatever bullshit they were talking about, but Bethenny deigning to not just show up in the rain, but actually hang out in Sonja's townhouse, made me wonder -- does she realize too how special it is to have your own townhouse in a tranquil, safe (and fairly ritzy) neighborhood in Manhattan?

Some months back, there were pics of Bethenny looking at townhouses on the Upper East Side with the married dude whose name I've forgotten already.  Can she even afford a good townhouse?  I mean the kind she'd probably want & not a lower-end teensy one like Sonja's.  Me doubts it.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ms. Difalco isn't Italian enough for you?

Not in the least. She gets points for the Christmas Decorations but I have seen her house and she doesn't have the couches covered in plastic so she is not a real guinea. Sorry. 

Phony baloney. Americana.

I am talking about real geeps and low  life gavones like Theresa Giudice. 

3 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Not in the least. She gets points for the Christmas Decorations but I have seen her house and she doesn't have the couches covered in plastic so she is not a real guinea. Sorry. 

Carole decorated for Christmas? If only she covered her couch in plastic it wouldnt be torn to shit.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I think that they should open it up to other races and classes that reside in New York. Where are the African Americans, Italians, Puerto Ricans and Asians. New York is a lot more than what they are showing you.

Of course Satan Andy is a hateful bigot and believes in segregation about as much as Orville Faubus. He will only have African Americans on Atlanta, Italians in Jersey and barely functioning Morons on Orange County. 

This franchise has become as stale as the food in Adams kitchen.

Well we do have Mrs. D'Agostino (Lu) now. And Tommy. Maybe they could move Mrs. D'Agostino Sr. in, and she could continue to buy Tommy's clothes and bake cookies for Tommy's Cookies jar. (Which Lu seems to have hidden). Though they presently do not have room for her, I think she might be a great addition to the cast. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I would give up a box in a highrise for a homey townhouse any day of the week. 

As would I . A friend has a townhouse on the West Side...with a backyard garden. I am so envious...yet, she is so generous sharing that space. It's interesting to me that none of the howives live on the West Side...the great apt. buildings on the West Side, like the Beresford, the Dakota or the San Remo, leave a lot of Manhattan real estate in the dust. But you are right...I think Tribeca is the most expensive per square foot, followed by Soho, and the West Village. Anything on the east side further than Park is kind of meh, to me...very white, very geriatric. Third Avenue?? But I do think Lu's place is great...she has the space to entertain and enjoy, and that terrace is to die for. Outdoor space in Manhattan is a treasure.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

If I were Bethenny, I'd make Sonja an offer.  It looks like a lovely home to raise a child.  It does need a lot of work, though.  I would imagine that the plumbing and electrical are probably not in proper working order (Sonja mentioned that the plumbing is old), and maybe other mechanicals of the home, so it's not just giving the place a facelift.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/6/2017 at 11:37 AM, Natalie68 said:

In my opinion debating EACH OTHER would be inappropriate for a reality show forum but Carole is political.  Its who she is and what she was doing at the time.  

This is always what it turns in, though. I'm just three pages in this thread and have seen more than a few posts lamenting Trump's win or what a buffoon he is, etc., which are definitely political. So thank you for that clarification, mods!

I don't mind it so much on the show, though. Especially if she goes on and on about how much smarter she is than the rest of the cast and brags about her investigative, journalistic skills. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 4
(edited)

Beth would never buy a 'townhouse'  uptown on either side because she 'has' to be in an 'it' neighborhood.  And that would be Downtown.  Personally,  I'd have no problem living in one of the many beautiful townhouses in Manhattan if I 'had' to live in Manhattan.  Someone living in The Dakota?  Fantastic.  But we would never get to see it because IIRC, the association wouldn't allow it.

I kind of like Tom's penthouse, except for it being only one bedroom.  Love the outdoor space, the fireplace and the layout doesn't bother me all that much.  I'd rather that than the cookie cutter apartment where you walk in and the kitchen is on the side and then in front is the living room.  Thinking of Beth's old place on the UES, Kristen's and pretty much Jule's and Dorinda's, and just about every freaking condo on HGTV.

Other thoughts:  Someone else posted that Beth's Tribeca apartment was probably already sold and she and Fredrick made up the whole price disagreement to create a story.  I hadn't thought about it until that poster brought it up and I pretty much have no doubt this was the case.  Kuddo's to you.  On a side note, Beth's place was a converted loft.  That presents a lot more opportunities to design your own floor plan.  And it is a much larger space than Tom's.  Also, as nice as some thought Beth's place was, it had no windows in the living room.

Heather was a great foil for Beth and she could go up against her any day of the week.  Heather could have also 'explain' to Beth what hell was really all about.  It's too bad she's no longer on the show.  I miss her.  This show needs a 'Heather'.  

Lastly, how old is Carole's mother in law's couch?  If an upholstered piece of furniture gets used every day, there's going to be a time when it gets worn.  It doesn't necessarily have to do with dogs or cats.  It's just what happens.  And Carole's couch needs to be either reupholstered or thrown away.  I vote for reupholstering.  The bones are classic.

Edited to add:  Ro has done 'everything' she can think of to make herself 'youthful' and it's catching up with her because it's showing.  I don't know for sure if Carole has fillers?  My jury is out on that.  The rest.  Yeah, they've all done botox.  Lu, Sonja and Dorinda, IMO, just have 'thick' skin and are aging incredibly well.  I don't think any of them have done anything more than botox.  Crap.  Look at their legs.  You can't do much about that and theirs look great.  

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5

I think that they should open it up to other races and classes that reside in New York

Other races? Sure. Other classes? No. The whole point (in theory) is watching affluent women living their lives in their respective cities/areas. We enjoy the house/travel/dining porn that comes with it. If anything, I wish Andy and Bravo would set tougher standards for who can join these shows by demanding access to their bank account before they are allowed to join, just to weed out the posers and grifters.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I wish Andy and Bravo would set tougher standards for who can join these shows by demanding access to their bank account before they are allowed to join, just to weed out the posers and grifters.

But it's so much fun to watch the posers and grifters try to hang with the truly wealthy. I think the OC has had the most.  Slade immediately comes to mind.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Other races? Sure. Other classes? No. The whole point (in theory) is watching affluent women living their lives in their respective cities/areas. We enjoy the house/travel/dining porn that comes with it.

Case in point: Sweet Home Oklahoma. Not upper class at all. The first two episodes were "fun" and "refreshing" but by episode three I was done with the setting and what passed for a good time down there.  I want to see Manhattan and the Hamptons and Beverly Hills in action otherwise the premise fails, IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)

The once was a woman, Ramona

Who's quest was to find a bone-a

Her only chance

to doff her pants,

A guy who's not in a coma?

----

Beffy has just sold her place

You saw relief on her face

she'll once again confess

she's newly homeless

while renovating her new space.

----

SONG PARODY!!!

Movin on up - The Jefferson Theme song.....

Well she's movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
She finally got a piece of the pie.

His cookies don't stay in the jar

To lulu it must be a thrill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
just to get up that hill.

now she's up in the big leagues.
gonna get her turn at bat.
as long they live, it's Tom and his baby.
ain't nothin' wrong with that.

------

The challenge of homing a 'kit-un'

Has left scare-hole quite smitten

She's adopted a cook

Who's idea for a book

Died when it couldn't get written?

Edited by ElDosEquis
Editing, proof reading and laughing
  • Love 5