Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The End

I was kinda hoping the show would go all edgy and kill everyone off.  The cast kept dropping like flies. The worst was Monroe and Rosalee. I so wanted to see the triplets!

Happy to see the return of the Grimmebago.

Did like the return of Aunt Marie and Mama Grimm. Almost like the Jedi coming to support Nick. I did get the feeling it was some alternate reality of sorts. Once the monster was gone, there would be a reset as it was not his world/domain. At that point, Nick really came in to the family as a Grimm. The fight scenes were quite good.

Diana and Kelly could probably get their own spinoff Jr. Grimm series. Probably odd for Adalind to have her Hexenbiest daughter team up with Nick's Grimm son. But she did change over the series and became a better biest. I didn't have too much of a problem with Diana calling Nick 'dad'. She may use 'daddy' for Renard. And I was happy to see the return of Wu and Hank. Everyone kinda became family of sorts in the end - Grimms, Wesens, Hexenbiests.

• Love 4

One question. What happened to Bud? Did he get a farewell?

I was hoping for one last Shirtless Renard whilst he talks on the phone.

I really loved the first 3 seasons and I barely tolerated the last 3 but dammit, I'm gonna miss this stupid show :(. 

• Love 11

Well, that's done.

2 hours ago, Babalooie said:

20 years, making Kelly about 20 1/2 and Diana maybe 28-30ish?

Diana aged once (which the writers apparently forgot) so maybe she and Kelly can age-jump forward and backward at will. 

1 hour ago, BlueSapphire said:

In a TvLine interview with the showrunners, Diana was apparently "under Zerstorer's thrall," or something like that. 

She sounded exactly like she always did.  There was no way to see that she was under his thrall.  Blech.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

It drove me crazy that while they were waiting for Nick and Eve to show up, everyone in the cabin kept saying they needed Nick's blood, when T. was right there with them.

"We need the blood of a Grimm.  Too bad there's not one already at the cabin!"

• Love 11
(edited)

I enjoyed the finale, I knew they would somehow reverse the deaths as soon as Eve got killed. I do think they could have stretched the big bad out over a few more episodes. I felt like he just popped up and wanted the stick.

Count me in as another who was happy that Nick ended up with Adalind and I enjoyed seeing a grown up Diana and Kelly. Is Kelly only a grimm or is there any biest in him? I was wondering  how come Diana didn't woge, she still had the glowing eyes. I am also curious about Wesen killing other Wesen (re: the triplets and Diana), Nick wasn't the type of grimm who went around randomly killing Wesen. 

Loved seeing Aunt Marie and Kelly and the group grimm fight.  Even though I figured they would be brought back Monroe's and Rosalee's death hit me hard....I may have had a tear...

Absolutely wanted too see the triplets!!

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This was freaking terrible. Dumb. Poorly plotted. Even worse pacing. As Nick was busy mourning each and every death, Zerstorer was basically waiting around for Nick to catch up so that Nick could surrender the stick. It was probably most egregious with Monroe's death as the staff only returns to Zerstorer as Nick is grieving over Monroe. I don't care because it's CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was much dumber than usual. I'm not sure why Diana seemed to go from scared shitless to cool with Zerstorer. Even a line from Diana once Zerstorer showed his human face like "you look like a prince in a fairy tale." would have made her turn a lot more reasonable and it would have been another callback to season 1.

Yep.

3 hours ago, chrisvee said:

Diana was...bizarre. She watched her parents die with no emotion. She and Kelly 'liked' Zerstorer. It's like she was a sociopath in training. Her entire character makes no sense to me.

I thought they could have at least showed that she was mind controlled or something to make it believeable.

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

"ys, I would watch that show 20 years into the future, with the Grimm, Hexenbiest & triplets fighting (I'm assuming bad-guy) Wesen!"  only if we have different writers/showrunners

Me too!

On a shallow note, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is not aging very well, I think she needs to gain some weight, she looks much too slender for her bone structure.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've mixed feelings about the finale.  I was happy with the happy ending.  Very happy.  But it wasn't a great episode.  

There were no stakes because I knew even last week that they'd never kill off both Wu and Hank at that same time.  That Nick said EVERYONE at the precinct was dead confirmed it.  Basically since everyone was dying I knew no one was which took away all the stakes and I was just waiting for the episode to get to the point where stuff actually started to count which wasn't until Truble was brought back to life.  And as much as I liked the pep talk delivered by his mom and aunt, if they were really going to channel all the Grimms, then they should have had dozens of Grimms from all the different countries and time periods show up, not just four, lol.

Still I was happy that the show kept the family that Nick had created alive and that twenty years later, we assume everything is still going strong.  

I did want Nick to end up with Adalind because at this point, that's who Nick loves and even if getting there didn't really feel natural, once they were there, I enjoyed them as a couple.  I used to like Nick with Juliette but they burned that bridge so bad that it's near a miracle that I learned to be good with Eve.  So I was happy that Eve got her Hexinbeast back, cause who's she going to be without her powers and mission to define her at this point?  

So again, it wasn't a good episode but where the show left it made for a satisfying ending for the series.  

I needed for Rosalee and Monroe to have their happy ending more than anyone.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I enjoyed the finale.

I was really glad that the last time we saw Mama Kelly and Aunt Marie was of them being tough and kicking ass, instead their actual sad fates. All those scenes with all those Grimm together (3 and later 4 with Trubel aka Nick's cousin confirmed) was worth this shaky season.

The skull man was introduced way too late, should have brought him in at the start of the season and built him up more.

I will never get aboard the Nadalind ship, so I'll remember Nick got baby Kelly out of the deal. I'll be happy for Nick and move on.

Those final scenes could be seen as Nick jumping into another "Good" alternate reality with everyone he cares about alive which makes a hell of more sense than time travel. Monroe talked about the Schrodinger cat experiment a few episodes back, in the real reality everyone is gone, but in another reality Nick gets his happy ending.

I was happy to see the new trailer with weapons in the flash forward. The casting department did a good job getting an actor that resembled Nick so much, and Diana finally FINALLY outgrew her creepy horror movie child phase! Very relieved to see them not ruin the scene by showing the main characters older, old age makeup tends to be terrible.

Grimm started with three great seasons, and the last three were watchable mainly because of the actors. But the most impressive thing about it was surviving the Friday Night Death Slot for 6 seasons.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 10

Well, so that happened.

Why did Diana & Kelly want to go with him? I thought they were afraid of him?

Anyway, when everybody started dying, I knew there was going to be a miracle cure & everybody would be alive again. Ho hum.

I was hoping for a future peek, but I was hoping to see what happened to everybody, not just Kelly & Diana.

For a series ending, it was pretty boring & unmemorable, by next week, I probably won't even remember what happened. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Well I really liked it.  I can nitpick certain things about it, like once all of the Grimmettes started dropping like flies, including a very pregnant Rosalee, you knew they were going to come back to life again.  But they did all the right things.  Having Nick's mom and Aunt Marie come back to kick some ass was awesome.  An epilogue with a new state of the art Grimmebago had me screeing with delight.  And grownup Diana is cool and not creepy!  I think they hit all the right notes and ended strong.  It's a shame this show went off the rails for awhile and ended somewhat prematurely, but they really pulled it together this last season and got back to what made the show great the first couple of seasons.  And they ended strong, when so many shows throw a brick in the final episode.  I'll miss Grimm

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 11

Even though these last 2 episodes have given me high blood pressure, I was fine with the ending.  

However, why in the hell did we have to put up with an entire season and a half of Black Claw if they had nothing to do with the end game?  It would have made more sense to tie Black Claw's rise to power with their need to also raise and worship Zer-Skeletor, eventually leading to a final battle for humanity/the world/whatever.

At least they brought back the badass older women to help out.  

I will miss this show, but most of all I will miss shirtless, sexy ass Renard.  

• Love 5

Well, this finale had about all the masterful execution I've come to expect from Grimm: The show that soared to such creative heights as having the dynamic villain "Skull Guy" seeking the enthralling object of power "The Stick" for its entire final season.

Sure, I mean, I guess it was fine. I think I even enjoyed parts of it. Then there were parts like Nick smashing up the Spice Shop after Eve was killed. Way to destroy all your potion ingredients WHILE Rosalie is in the middle of concocting a poison for you to use to avenge these deaths! Sure hope she didn't need to make another batch, or suddenly need a different ingredient, or to go back to the drawing board if it didn't work! Yeesh.

And, hey... not that I expect much more from Grimm, but... did anyone else think it was a bit icky that the minority characters were killed first, and then almost completely excluded from the finale? They killed off the entire main cast, starting with the minorities (both at the same time, before the finale, so they barely even appeared in the final episode), then the women (Juliette, then Adalind, then Rosalie), followed by Monroe. (Did Renard get killed somewhere in there? I blinked and missed it.) It just goes to show which characters are considered the most expendable when ramping up to the "big" deaths. Not cool, Grimm.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

And as much as I liked the pep talk delivered by his mom and aunt, if they were really going to channel all the Grimms, then they should have had dozens of Grimms from all the different countries and time periods show up, not just four, lol.

This, exactly. Trubel says lots of Grimms have been recruited by the organization she works for, engaging in missions all over the world. Clearly, this is not a situation where "into every generation a Slayer is born": There are many Grimms around the world who share this heritage and, if Nick and Trubel are both descended from "the first Grimm," I imagine there are many others who share that bloodline. Why did only Trubel sense that she was needed in Portland? Isn't this the kind of situation where ALL the Grimms should be flocking to save the world from the baddest of the bad Wessen?

Furthermore, I LOVED the solution to the "power of blood" riddle. Why did Team Grimm waste all that time making elaborate magical poisons out of their bodily fluids? The answer was so obvious! All they needed to do was to bring Nick's mom and Aunt Marie back from the dead in a hallucination! What evil being with godlike powers could stand up to that? Man, that Grimm lore is sure packed with practical, easily-comprehensible solutions for any situation!

I'm honestly not sure if I'm sad this show has ended, or if I'll miss it, or if I'm relieved that it's finally over. Whatever the case, I can't deny that I watched Grimm from beginning to end, and while I loved to criticize, I would never have stuck around if I didn't occasionally get something out of it. I do wish the cast and crew all the best with whatever comes next.

So long, Grimm. It's been a ride.

• Love 4

It was nice to see that Nick listened to his mother and didn't leave the ones he loved. 

Unlike Nick, baby Kelly grew up knowing about what it means to be a Grimm. 

I must admit I did like the part when Nick was walking through the forest and his mothers voice was telling him not to betray "what they are" 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Call me wacky, but I really liked the finale..lots of angst capped off with a happy ending. They brought in Mom and Aunt Joan(?) They more or less explained the reversal at the end..if I don't think about it too hard, it makes perfect sense. And now Nick has Mr. Super Stick, in case one of the gang  gets injured fighting Wesen. And the best part is he ended up with Adalind. I grew to really like her character, but most of all Nick chose her, so I would have been really annoyed if they suddenly had him, by some convoluted means, ending up with Eve/Juliette. I, for one was satisfied. 

I am so happy.  I just watched it as I was on stage last night and I was terrified that Nick would end up back with Juliette.  For me Nadalind was organic and full of chemistry and both changed and grew over the years.  When a series I have invested years in ends, I want a happy ending.  I want to be able to rewatch.  I repeat I am so happy.  Particularly loved the Grimm battling the beast & all the tender moments, Nick removing the ring from Adalind's finger & holding Monroe's hand, and gobsmacked Nick at the ending.  Thank you showrunners for not ruining the ending.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Don't understand how everyone was dead, and then Nick got into a portal, suddenly everyone was alive again. Can anybody make sense of it?

The place Nick arrived at after going through the portal looked like a different reality/dimension. The hint is that Adalind isn't wearing the ring, if Nick had time traveled to the past she would still be wearing it.

Monroe talked about the Schroedinger cat experiment and different dimensions in "Where the Wild Things Were".

Schrodinger's Cat.
Wait a minute, are you talking about that thought experiment with the cat in the box with the poison? - What are you talking about? - Exactly.
Cat in a closed box with poison.
50% chance the cat will be killed by the poison or will survive.
Right But because the box is closed, two dimensions exist simultaneously.
One where the cat is alive, one where it's dead.
And as long as the box stays closed, both realities exist.
It's only when we open the box that we close off one of the dimensions.
So if Nick and Eve went through this other dimension It'd be like opening the box.
That would not be a good thing.
So if we're alive in this world, does that mean that in the other place, they're not?

I saw a Reddit post by MrCheapskate_toyou that tried to explain it better

"It comes back to Schroedinger's cat. The portal transported Nick (and maybe Diana) to a different universe, exactly like his own, except that his friends are all alive. They're still dead in the "real" universe. They exist in both universes simultaneously, alive and dead."

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

Yeah, I was waiting for some reveal that explained why Diana wanted to go with Zerstorer.  

I think it happened when he came in all scary monster and looked at Diane and her eyes went purple and he morphed into his human form . Unfortunately, the actress wasn't good enough to convey that. Instead, it hilariously looked like as soon as Zerstorer morphed into cool surfer dude, Diane was all, "Whoa! I guess being a child bride isn't all that bad, after all!" and Baby Kelly was like, "Hey this guy's a lot more cheerful than my grumpy Grimm dad, Let's go!" But I can't blame the baby for bad acting. 

Diane has all those powers..I mean she has killed people, but she didn't do a thing once Z-dude got in her head. Juliette, at least fought back against Zerstorer forcing her to stab herself. But that was supposed to show us that he could control minds. 

I guess it's natural that 20 years later, Diane and Kelly refer to their friends as "The Triplets." People tend to do that, which is one of the issues that twins and triplets grow up with. But it would be fun if she had called them, "Foxy, Wolfy and Mo," or whatever their names were so we could have gotten some idea of how they turned out.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, talktalk said:

Don't understand how everyone was dead, and then Nick got into a portal, suddenly everyone was alive again. Can anybody make sense of it?

I think the staff took Nick back in time to when he first came through the portal because Nick wanted to bring them all back. The staff is magic and Nick is connected to the stick so it could have just magically reacted to Nick' s wish. The evidence for this is that Adiland wasn't wearing the engagement ring from Bonapart, Diana remembers everything in the "death" version and Nick told Kelly the story about the Grimms fighting Wil Travel.

So the events we saw happened. I don't buy the AU theory because that means Nick left one Universe where Diana and Kelly were still alive and, abandoned them and Trubel to get his HEA.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

I think it happened when he came in all scary monster and looked at Diane and her eyes went purple and he morphed into his human form . ...

When he came and used his staff blast to knock everyone out, it went through her, too.  I think that, plus what you explain, are what showed Diana was under his influence.

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think the staff took Nick back in time to when he first came through the portal because Nick wanted to bring them all back. The staff is magic and Nick is connected to the stick so it could have just magically reacted to Nick' s wish. The evidence for this is that Adiland wasn't wearing the engagement ring from Bonapart, Diana remembers everything in the "death" version and Nick told Kelly the story about the Grimms fighting Wil Travel

I also theorized upthread that once Zeroster was defeated all his time in this realm was reversed.  I like the idea of the Nick/stick connection and influence, though.

• Love 1

I am going to miss this show!  I really liked the way they handled the ending.  The fact that all the carnage took place in the alternate universe because Nick hadn't escaped was very clever.  Well done show!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Everyone kinda became family of sorts in the end - Grimms, Wesens, Hexenbiests.

In other words, the promise of the show was finally fulfilled.   Nick created a new kind of Grimm that works WITH the wesen world, not just chopping off head.   If only they had done this for the entire run of the show, this ending would have meant more.

• Love 2
(edited)

IGN: What were the logistics of Nick coming through the portal at the end? Was that another instance of him going through to the Other Side and leaving behind the reality where all these characters are dead, or did he get a hard reset?

KOUF: Yeah, it was a hard reset. When the Zerstörer died, it was as though he never came through, so it reset to that point.

So the bad reality was erased, and Nick just went back to a reality where Skull man never came to the real world. Thanks for the clarification, Kouf.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/01/grimm-showrunners-explain-series-finale-the-end-and-answer-lingering-questions

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 5

If you have to explain to an interviewer how your show works, you've badly written the show.

But I'm glad we had the flash forward instead of the writers using that time to explain in detail what the heck just happened.

It would have been nice if those TWO MINUTES used to promote another upcoming NBC show was given to Grimm instead to make it a longer episode. Thanks, NBC.

Not.

• Love 10
(edited)

I love that Eve's dying face is exactly the same as her worried face, her angry face, her "sorry Hank and Wu just died" face, and all of her other faces.

I get that Nick was upset about Eve's death, but dude, smashing up the spice shop? NOT COOL, DUDE.

I love Wu, but I couldn't believe that Nick tried to heal Wu before he tried to heal Hank.

Why were they waiting for Nick to get to the cabin? They could have just used Trubel's blood since she's a grimm too!

When they were trying to figure out a way to get the blood potion on the bad guy, I was like why are they considering bullets? Why don't they just get a super soaker? The potion ate through a metal spoon but not the bowl it was in?

When the bodies started piling up (I mean, come on, almost all of the characters were dead by the half hour mark), I knew there was no way they would let the show end with EVERYONE dead so I figured they were going to find some way to hit the reset switch.

When Nick realized that Skeletor took away everyone he loved to try to get him to give up the stick, it reminded me of the S2 finale of Buffy when Angelus says, "So that's it. No weapons, no friends, no hope. Take all that away, and what's left?" Buffy's answer was, "ME," after which she proceeded to kick his ass and then shove a sword into him. Nick's answer was, "Give you the stick!"

Let me get this straight - Nick saw Skeletor bring Trubel back to life with the Giant Stick, yet he didn't think to try to use it on any of his dead friends until Diana came out of the cabin and said something?

Loved seeing Kelly and Aunt Marie again! Having them help Nick fight Skeletor reminded me of the multiple times The Vampire Diaries had Bonnie's witch ancestors show up to help her take down some major evil.

I was cracking up when Nick said he was so glad to have his family and everyone he loved and then the camera panned past Renard.

I would definitely watch a show with Kelly, Diana, and the triplets kicking ass together!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

Anyone else feel really uncomfortable watching Nick in that extended fight scene with Trubel? It was nicely choreographed, but watching him just wail on her was hard to endure, especially now that we know she is his cousin. I guess Trubel haters are happy to know that Nick is better?

Poor Trubel for trying to save the world by trying to prevent that idiot Nick from giving the Stick to old Skully.

I'm really glad Trubel has no memory of that happening now.

• Love 4

When did Skeleton Guy learn English?  Last week he was just mimicking people that he ran across; this week he had a (short) conversation with Nick.  Oh well, I guess he was a fast learner, like Diana was a fast ager (until she wasn't). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

Then there were parts like Nick smashing up the Spice Shop after Eve was killed. Way to destroy all your potion ingredients WHILE Rosalie is in the middle of concocting a poison for you to use to avenge these deaths! Sure hope she didn't need to make another batch, or suddenly need a different ingredient, or to go back to the drawing board if it didn't work! Yeesh.

Did Renard get killed somewhere in there? I blinked and missed it.) It just goes to show which characters are considered the most expendable when ramping up to the "big" deaths. Not cool, Grimm.

Not to mention that's Rosalee's shop and livelihood.  So very not cool.

Renard got The Pole (the growed-up Stick) to the chest before Adalind.

2 hours ago, icewolf said:

They exist in both universes simultaneously, alive and dead."

I prefer the "reset" version, even though it wasn't clear.  The 5 minutes for Midnight Texas could have been used to have Skeletor disintegrate at the Other World portal, then Nick and Julieve come back through.  Adalind would still have the ring though -- Diana could take it off for her..

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Every time I see Trubel, all I see is Leather Tuscadero.

I love Suzi Quatro and Jacqueline Toboni is no Suzi Quatro!

• Love 1

I will start with the things that made me happy!

1) Momma Grimma, Marie, and the new Grimmabago!  Yeah!

Things that ticked me off.

1) Trubel and Juliette both being alive.  Ugh.  I am not a fan of either character.

2) I will no longer be able to drool over my sexy pants Renard and his shirtless rages.  Sigh.

3) BC and the green eyed dude should have created havoc at the START of s6 and everyone on the planet now knows that wesens exist, even the ones locked up in mental facilities.  BC would have accomplished their goals, but green eyed dude and his wesen friends don't care and kill everyone they meet.

4) Nick trashing the Spice Shop!  What the hell?!

5) A not needed Trubel being on the show and connected to Nick.  Ugh.

6) Juliette's face never changes in ANY of BT's acting choices.

Last but not least, I am going to miss what should have been the full potential of this fairy tale show, the cast and crew!

12 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I loved the scene between Nick and his mother and Aunt Marie. I thought it was an homage to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

It's too bad that Kelly and Marie were not alive for REAL!  Oh, that would have been awesome!

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

This, exactly. Trubel says lots of Grimms have been recruited by the organization she works for, engaging in missions all over the world. Clearly, this is not a situation where "into every generation a Slayer is born": There are many Grimms around the world who share this heritage and, if Nick and Trubel are both descended from "the first Grimm," I imagine there are many others who share that bloodline. Why did only Trubel sense that she was needed in Portland? Isn't this the kind of situation where ALL the Grimms should be flocking to save the world from the baddest of the bad Wessen?

This was one of the main problems I had with Grimm.  The whole premise was that Wesen were a secretive race that stayed hidden to avoid persecution.  Well that implies oppressed minority.  If Wesen were all over the globe in such huge numbers all this time, and with the powers they possess, what are they hiding from humans for?  They would have been in positions of power for centuries.  Humans would be the ones to be afraid.  And why would the actions of a lone Grimm in ...Portland?...of all places matter in the greater scheme of things?

They should have established from the start the the Wesen population was very small, and the reason there were so many of them in Portland is because almost the entire American Wesen population emigrated there because it's quiet and out of the way, unlike New York, Chicago, etc.  There would be a similar community in their native Europe, and leave it at that.  The total worldwide Wesen population would be less than half a million, which is so small that of course they would stay hidden.

Taking things macro never works on a small screen.  You can't properly portray it, and it distorts what happens in the things you can show.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

This was one of the main problems I had with Grimm.  The whole premise was that Wesen were a secretive race that stayed hidden to avoid persecution.  Well that implies oppressed minority.  If Wesen were all over the globe in such huge numbers all this time, and with the powers they possess, what are they hiding from humans for?  They would have been in positions of power for centuries.  Humans would be the ones to be afraid.  And why would the actions of a lone Grimm in ...Portland?...of all places matter in the greater scheme of things?

They should have established from the start the the Wesen population was very small, and the reason there were so many of them in Portland is because almost the entire American Wesen population emigrated there because it's quiet and out of the way, unlike New York, Chicago, etc.  There would be a similar community in their native Europe, and leave it at that.  The total worldwide Wesen population would be less than half a million, which is so small that of course they would stay hidden.

Taking things macro never works on a small screen.  You can't properly portray it, and it distorts what happens in the things you can show.

In s1, Rosalie's ex told Nick that he had no idea how valuable being a Grimm was, so I was under the impression that there were VERY few in the world.  So, Trubel's comments make no sense and clearly shows (at least for me) that the writers were retconning their own stories in order to justify their current storyline.   Heck.  Marie told Nick that he was one of the last few Grimm's in the very first episode!  It's one of the reasons that Renard had such a hardon for keeping Nick in Portland and there was a Grimm that died in a back alley, Marie and Roland during the first 4 seasons of the show.   I just don't buy that there were a lot of Grimm's all over the world.

Oh!  Remember BC wiped out the wesen council in Europe and where is Alexander?!  

I guess Renard's mother is still out there looking for Kelly and Diana!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 6

Nick flanked by Kelly and Aunt Marie in the slo mo power walk to face down Zerstorerer was the badass power walk I never knew I wanted. Where was this show?

Adult Kelly and Diana hunting bad wesen with their parents and the triplets is the spin-off I want. In the short time they interacted Kelly and Diana's interactions as siblings was cute and you got their dynamics as his being a kidder but also serious about the family business and her being the older sister that prodded her little bro in a protective manner and also matter of fact about selecting weapons to kick butt. It was nice that Nick got the family he wanted and he was able to be there for Kelly fulltime and pass on their legacy.

This show and DG always pull off amazing Grimm fights. Nick and Trubel's throw down was balls out brutal and fantastic. Nick wasn't holding back at all but thankfully pulled back once he realized he had her on the ropes. 

I know genetics has Kelly getting his dark hair from his dad, but there was a while where I thought Zerstorerer might end up to be a time displaced adult Kelly. Given he's a Grimm and Hexenbiest mix which had never happened before, they really could've upped his power set and made it so that the world feared him because of the unknown destiny that awaited him and so he became warped/twisted, etc. 

Instead Kelly grew up to appear to be a well adjusted cutie. 

I will miss this show. Their inconsistent plotting and character direction aside, it was a nice Friday show with a fun cast and quirks and unique tone that set it apart from other supernatural shows. I also love how the show would interact with their title cards as they let us know they were in joke. The thank you at the end in multiple languages may have brought a wee tear to my eye. It had its bumps but I ultimately can't hate hard on this show. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, chrisvee said:

Diana was...bizarre. She watched her parents die with no emotion. She and Kelly 'liked' Zerstorer. It's like she was a sociopath in training. Her entire character makes no sense to me.

However, it was demonstrated at the end when Nick went through the last portal that he had been in another astral plane (did I use that term correctly) during the first 45 minutes of the show.

It's not very logical. There are now at least three different planes -1. the forest with wesen (who speak old german), 2. reality in Portland where magic and spells are still possible, and 3. this other Portland where Nick was the only central character because the events that happened to other people were reversed once he did his hero task and interacted with ghost spirit guides. Nick interacted with people and watched them die, but all those events were reversed when Diana used magic to suck him through a portal.   It looks like the events of the other plane are mostly imaginary like a dream or LSD trip, because they do not hold permanently in the real world.  People pointed out that Monroe still drives the volkswagen bug in world #3 but recently he and Rosalee have driven a subcompact fiat or similar. The behavior of Diana in welcoming zerstorer could have been part of the dream.

By the way - I don't understand german mythology very well and the writers aren't that accurate to it, but the concept of the forest plays a role. During the roman times when roman civilization spread across europe, the area of Poland, Czech, Germany and the baltics was never really taken over with agriculture because it had these dense forests with no roads. People lived in small villages with local dialects where they hunted in the forest and had more limited agriculture until later, and the romans thought of them as uncontrolled tribes.

• Love 2

The potion ate through a metal spoon but not the bowl it was in?

Even the strongest acids are kept in glass bottles. The kind of bowl used to mix it in was probably stated in the instructions. 

• Love 5

But once devil guy was killed, all his time in our "realm" reversed and I'm ok with that.

OH . . . is that what happened? I guess that makes sense but I honestly had no idea what happened at the end. I sort of thought the whole episode with everyone dying was just a dream, or something that happened in an alternate reality, and that Nick hadn't ever really come back through the mirror until the end of this episode (like, he had really still been in the mirror the whole time). I don't think it was very clear. 

I knew at some point there had to be a re-set, though. I just couldn't imagine the show killing off all the characters like that unless they just wanted to give their fans a big old middle finger. By the time Rosalee and Monroe were killed I knew for sure.

It was nice seeing Kelly and Marie but I'm not sure I get that part either. If they were just manifestations of Nick's subconscious, how were they actually able to fight Skelator and chop his arm off? 

And, I guess I was the only one, having read about the final shot being Diana telepathically closing the Grimm book, thinking "And now they're ripping off Charmed?" 

You're not the only one - I saw lots of parallels - including the above mentioned return of Nick's Mom and Nick's Aunt helping him defeat Skelator, the same as Grams and Patty helped Piper defeat The Hollow which also reset time. Plus the flash forward into the future and the magical book closing by telekinesis. Yup, same show.

• Love 3

Since I don't watch much tv, I didn't see the ripoff from other shows. Though I did see some similarities to Harry Potter.

it was great we got the Grimmbago at the end, but it got me thinking....Juliette destroyed the Grimmbago and killed Mama Grimm, yet she still is "forgiven " by the Scoobies at the end. Oh, and she gets to keep her Hexen powers.  On more than one occasion, she stated "no regrets. "   As she will sign I really expected her to apologize to Nick  for all that she did. But her last words were "no regrets" so,  unlike Adalind -and even Sean - who came to some self awareness and apologized   (Not necessarily to the right people, but still..) , Juliette had no regrets or remorse for what SHE did. And Nick destroyed the Spice Shop over her. So wrong.

I am super bummed we didn't get to see the triplets. Or Bud. Or Alexander.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I was hoping for one last Shirtless Renard whilst he talks on the phone.

Yeah I would have liked to see Bud in the last scene, he had total sidekick status.

They missed an opportunity to do one last parody with shirtless Renard.  He should have stopped and said, "hold on a minute", took his shirt off, then, "now, where were we?".

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

If you have to explain to an interviewer how your show works, you've badly written the show.

And if some people already figured that out without the interview. What does that say?

• Love 2

I thought I got it well enough when I watched, but now reading all of this, I'm not sure.  If Juliette regains hexenbiest status per Diana, then she really did lose it when in the ancient Black Forest/mirror, right?  So she was really there and back, and Nick didn't come back but ended up fighting Skeletor in the Portland world that we saw, with all the gang getting slaughtered.  And when he defeated the demon and came back through the portal, all was restored.  But where does that Black Forest with the woged Wesen and walking meat kersheite fit into this?  I am confused, and I hope to get enlightenment . . .

19 hours ago, G-Man said:

Next there's how anticlimactic zeroster was (Seriously this guy has had so many chances to kill Nick its not even funny) the only thing that was decent was the older diana and kelly scence but other than that I rating this a 4/10

He couldn't kill Nick.   Nick had to willingly give him the stick.

I am glad I am not the only one that yelled when Nick started destroying the Spice Shop.  I mean....come on man that's your friends business.  Not cool. 

I was also confused about the reset.  Because Adiland didn't have the ring on her finger at the end, indicating that Nick did take it off.  So.....still confused.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, neuromom said:

Since I don't watch much tv, I didn't see the ripoff from other shows. Though I did see some similarities to Harry Potter.

it was great we got the Grimmbago at the end, but it got me thinking....Juliette destroyed the Grimmbago and killed Mama Grimm, yet she still is "forgiven " by the Scoobies at the end. Oh, and she gets to keep her Hexen powers.  On more than one occasion, she stated "no regrets. "   As she will sign I really expected her to apologize to Nick  for all that she did. But her last words were "no regrets" so,  unlike Adalind -and even Sean - who came to some self awareness and apologized   (Not necessarily to the right people, but still..) , Juliette had no regrets or remorse for what SHE did. And Nick destroyed the Spice Shop over her. So wrong.

I am super bummed we didn't get to see the triplets. Or Bud. Or Alexander.

Thank you for pointing out how this horrible character should have died at the end of s4!  Yes, Renard and Adalind found some self awareness, but Juliette Eve is still a troll that should have stayed dead.

2 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

He couldn't kill Nick.   Nick had to willingly give him the stick.

I am glad I am not the only one that yelled when Nick started destroying the Spice Shop.  I mean....come on man that's your friends business.  Not cool. 

I was also confused about the reset.  Because Adiland didn't have the ring on her finger at the end, indicating that Nick did take it off.  So.....still confused.

I suggest eating lots of chocolate or drinking an adult beverage of your choice!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Dobian said:

They missed an opportunity to do one last parody with shirtless Renard.  He should have stopped and said, "hold on a minute", took his shirt off, then, "now, where were we?".

Awesome idea! He could have done this before he fought Zerstorer * snicker*

9 hours ago, Darklazr said:

BC and the green eyed dude should have created havoc at the START of s6 and everyone on the planet now knows that wesens exist, even the ones locked up in mental facilities.  BC would have accomplished their goals, but green eyed dude and his wesen friends don't care and kill everyone they meet.

Even better they could have been introduced last season which could have been an interesting story arc. If the Zerstorer encounters had started immediately after Nick had gotten the stick it would have made more sense and it would have possibly brought Renard back over to their side when they realized the threat to Diana without turning him into an outright villain.

• Love 4

Since time jumps and alternate realities just make my head hurt, I try not to think to much on that aspect. 

I do have to give credit for everyone keeping the "secret" about the special guest stars. I honestly never ever thought we would see Mary Elizabeth again. And definitely not Kate Burton. It really was a surprise, and a treat, to see them at the end. 

And even though we all knew that everyone would be alive in the end, the way Nick became totally unhinged really did affect me emotionally. And I AM glad that Rosalie and Monroe "died" together , side by side. It would be so depressing if one had to outlive the other for any significant period of time.  Nick holding Monroe's hand as he died was sweet..especially how it all started with them. 

Oh, and I had just assumed Diana was pulling a "con" where she acted like she wanted to go with Zoerster, and then willingly bringing her brother- only for her and her brother to have some special powers that could vanquish him.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, catrox14 said:

No Bud! That is unforgivable; I loved his character!

18 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I needed for Rosalee and Monroe to have their happy ending more than anyone.  

Me too. They were the only regulars that I consistently enjoyed throughout the series.

• Love 4

The Grimmebago has returned! And all was right with the show!

Honestly, this show has turned into such a mess for the last few seasons, so maybe my expectations were just super low, but I thought that was a pretty good finale. It was ridiculously rushed, but I liked the ending and how things wrapped up. I still don't like Adeline/Nick, but I've kind of made my peace with them, and I was happy that we got a happy ending. I was a little worried when Renard got killed that this was actually going to be how the show ended, with most of the main cast dying, but when Rosalee and Monroe died, I knew they were going to end up reversing everything, and, yeah its cheap, but damn it, I want my happy ending! I've spent years with these idiots, I deserve this!

The main thing that bugs me about this is how pointless it shows how most everything was. Dark Claw? The royals vs resistance stuff? Renard turning good or evil every five minutes? All turned out to be pointless. We could have cut out just about all of that, and missed nothing leading to this ending.

I really liked seeing grown up Kelly and Diane (Kelly looks so much like Nick!) and finding out that they fight evil with Monroe and Rosalie's kids (I want to see them so much!), and that everyone is still super close with each other. Apparently Diane didn't turn out to be a serial killer, so...that's good? I was really weirded out by Diana's lack of reaction to her parents being brutally stabbed by a skull guy with a stick. Show a little emotion, kid! Did you get acting lessons from Eve?!?!

Oh Grimm. You frequently gave me heachaches, but you often entertained me, and you made me care about this bunch of weirdoes, so thank you. Its been fun.

• Love 13