Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The End

In the series finale, Nick faces off against his greatest foe yet as it seems no weapon can defeat him. At the Spice Shop, Monroe, Rosalee and Eve search for answers and stumble upon a rare potion that may help the fight. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard and Adalind try to keep Diana and baby Kelly safe as the threat has its eyes set on the children.

Ahhh, the Grimmebago is back.

Don't care if it was a deus ex machina.   Don't care.    I got my Grimmebago back.    

Too bad we didn't get to see the Triplets.   But okay with the ending anyway.

See we all knew Theresa was related to Nick.

We could have gotten this happy ending without all the bullshit of the last 2 years.

• Love 19

I've boycotted the last season and a half, turned on the last 15 minutes of this episode, and was promptly enraged by the Nick/Adalind pairing.  I still can't accept that.  Once upon a time, this show had such potential.

• Love 9
(edited)

Holy hell the cringe is real with this finale First there's the writing which makes everyone act so out of character its mind blowing (Not to mention how unnecessary their deaths were). Next there's how anticlimactic zeroster was (Seriously this guy has had so many chances to kill Nick its not even funny) the only thing that was decent was the older diana and kelly scence but other than that I rating this a 4/10

Edited by G-Man
  • Love 9

Well damn me if I didn't predict that whole thing.

I really felt the acting was off tonight but, I enjoyed the episode.

It was really great seeing Kelly and Aunt Marie again. However, I thought the big Grimm Family fight was a little too quick. The Nick/Truble fight was much better even, though I hated to see them fight.

I'm a little iffy in the ending. I liked the idea of Grown Kelly carrying on the family legacy but I kind of wanted to see older Nick with Kelly. 

I'd call it a satisfying series finale.

• Love 13
(edited)

Somehow I missed how Trubel is related.  Please explain.  Ok,  just rewound and found out that she is his third cousin on his mother's side.

Edited by Babalooie

Well I kind of guessed this is where they were going with the story last week when Wu and Hank died so dramatically, but when all of the cast started dropping like flies I knew Nick was going to get a redo, which honestly had me rolling my eyes. 

At least those who wanted to see Adalind, Juliette/Eve and Renard die, got what they wanted. LOL.

The best thing about this episode was all of the Grimms fighting to defeat Skeleton head. Other than that this episode was ok. I was glad everyone lived in the end and I kind of liked seeing grown up Diana and Kelly. I wonder if there are plans to do a spin off with Adalind and Nick's children? 

• Love 7

I knew there was going to be a reversal.  I wasn't sure how it was going to happen - I thought Nick was going to use the big stick.  But once devil guy was killed, all his time in our "realm" reversed and I'm ok with that.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Babalooie said:

Somehow I missed how Trubel is related.  Please explain.

A voiceover at the end, while Kelly's writing in The Book....

• Love 3

I wasn't wowed by the finale but it didn't suck. I must say that the deaths of Monroe, Rosalee, Truble, Renard and Adalind hurt more than Juliette's but that's just my bias talking. It was nice to see Momma and Auntie Grimm in on the fight even though it was a tad bit weird when they popped up. I didn't care for Diana being so blase about her parents biting it after all of her angst last week but overall I'm happy that everyone got a happy ending.

3 hours ago, Enero said:

Well I kind of guessed this is where they were going with the story last week when Wu and Hank died so dramatically, but when all of the cast started dropping like flies I knew Nick was going to get a redo, which honestly had me rolling my eyes. 

After Monroe and Rosalee died I figured that there was going to be a redo. I can somewhat buy everyone else being killed off but not those two.

• Love 11

I didn't have high expectations for the ending but I liked it. It ended happy. That's all I asked for after watching this show from day one.

I liked the Grimms all fighting together to defeat  Skeletor. I liked seeing Kelly and Diana at the end. Even though the last couple seasons were lacking, a part of me will miss this show. 

• Love 10

I found this whole season bad. Instead of focusing on the stories that the show had going all series long, the big plot about the secret organization gets wrapped up offscreen and we have a whole season about this Lucifer guy.

Im sorry but I just think it's wrong that Nick ended up with Adalind and not Juliette. I'm just glad she at least lived.

All and all, I was disappointed. 

• Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I wasn't wowed by the finale but it didn't suck. I must say that the deaths of Monroe, Rosalee, Truble, Renard and Adalind hurt more than Juliette's but that's just my bias talking. It was nice to see Momma and Auntie Grimm in on the fight even though it was a tad bit weird when they popped up. I didn't care for Diana being so blase about her parents biting it after all of her angst last week but overall I'm happy that everyone got a happy ending.

Yeah, it wasn't that long ago folks were actively rooting for Juliette to go gentle into that good night (or maybe just move to Walla Walla, Washington)

Edited by kib
  • Love 2

I liked how the finale touched on the historical and familial aspects that have been at the heart of Grimm and wesen world. Furthermore, I felt the finale mined a lot of....nope, nope, nope. Not doing it.

This was freaking terrible. Dumb. Poorly plotted. Even worse pacing. As Nick was busy mourning each and every death, Zerstorer was basically waiting around for Nick to catch up so that Nick could surrender the stick. It was probably most egregious with Monroe's death as the staff only returns to Zerstorer as Nick is grieving over Monroe. I don't care because it's CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was much dumber than usual. I'm not sure why Diana seemed to go from scared shitless to cool with Zerstorer. Even a line from Diana once Zerstorer showed his human face like "you look like a prince in a fairy tale." would have made her turn a lot more reasonable and it would have been another callback to season 1.

• Love 18

And they all lived happily ever after. That's all I needed for the ending. I swear if they had left it at that miserable massacre, I would have rioted in the streets.

OK, I would just have sworn vociferously.

• Love 13

For a minute I thought Rosalee was going to be the one to off Zerstorer.  I got sort of misty when Monroe bit it, holding Nick's hand.  I liked Trubel, and was happy to see all the Grimm folk.  But the Wizard of Oz-feel to the ending cut two ways for me--cheesy on the one hand, but glad they were all alive. 

Kelly and Diana in the Grimmbago off to join Mom and Dad and the triplets, kind of cool, but I wondered why the wesen triplets were going on a wesen hunt.  In the future it's not just Grimms hunting wesen, but also hexenbiests and other wesen?  Interesting.

3 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Also, did Nick use the GD word?  I didn't know that was allowed on non-cable...

Yeah, I thought I heard him say that.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Also, did Nick use the GD word? 

The hubby freaked out and almost turned it off.  I told him that he meant it literally and not just as an adjective.

Edited by Babalooie
  • Love 1
(edited)

I get the power of advertising and everything, but it felt wrong kicking things off by trotting out Silas Weir Mitchell and Bree Turner to plug some summer show, before the actual finale.

Well, it sure got Grimm of Thrones there for a second, with all the deaths and whatnot, but the more it went on, the more I knew it was going to all work out, because I can't see this show killing that many people, and having a completely tragic ending.  But it still didn't make watching Monroe and Rosalee "die" easier to watch.  Never want to see that again, show!

OK, I swear, I hate to complain too much about acting, but when Nick told everyone about Hank and Wu dying, I was cracking up over how much they were focusing on Eve reaction and Elizabeth Tulloch's one unmoving sad face, while Silas and Bree where giving much sadder and more heartfelt reactions, without even trying.

Kelly and Aunt Marie returning (kind of) was easily the highlight of the episode.

Overall, not bad, but it really needed way more build-up.  In particular, Zerstorer should have had way more screen time to set him up as a big baddie worthy of being Nick's final battle (on screen), instead of just a villain of the week, stretched out for a few more episodes.  This whole season just felt so damn rushed.  When they were having their big happy family moment at the end, all I was thinking was "Man, Trubel just got here.  And wasn't Renard trying to kill them just a few episodes ago?  And where the fuck is Bud?!  You couldn't get him for one appearance, you bastards!!"

Renard wins the night with his "I wish I never heard of the keys.  Or Black Claw."  Me neither, Renard.  Me neither.

I still don't know what to think.  I'll miss a lot of the cast, these characters, and some of the stories, but the show really slipped the past few seasons, and a lot of it felt like wasted potential.  And, outside of two or so episodes, the final season was underwhelming as well.  It's probably best it ends now before it somehow gets even worse.  I hope the cast moves onto better things, at least.  Still, on some levels, I'll miss this silly show.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 15

Also, did Nick use the GD word?  I didn't know that was allowed on non-cable

Maybe it's allowed in the context of how he said it?  G. damn you (Satan/whatever his name was), rather than as a curse word.  Who knows what they allow nowadays.  Remember when the news media replayed Rev. Wright's "G. damn America" over and over again?  I guess they can say it that way.  Either way, I don't like it.  I can't even type the 2 words together.  It gives me the heebie jeebies. 

I thought it was a good ending.  Watching each of our favorite characters die a horrible death was painful though.  Geez, Adalind getting an axe to the chest, and Hank getting that staff in the throat was the worst! 

At least it wasn't a 'Lost' kind of ending!  I was going to throw something at the TV if that had happened.   I'm glad we got to see a grown-up Kelly and Diana.  Would've been nice to see the triplets, and see which parent they took after in the wesen department, but all in all, we were satisfied with the finale.  Glad to see Aunt Marie back to her strong self.  She was very sick when we first saw her.  Yay for women who kick ass!

• Love 7

Diana was...bizarre. She watched her parents die with no emotion. She and Kelly 'liked' Zerstorer. It's like she was a sociopath in training. Her entire character makes no sense to me.

2nd fan glad that Nick ended up with Adalind. At least CC could act. Very moving when Nick took off the ring. Also when he held Monroe's hand as he died.

Last couple seasons haven't been great but I will miss this show.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Geez, Adalind getting an axe to the chest, and Hank getting that staff in the throat was the worst! 

I think their deaths made me cringe the most because of the way that they died. Very gruesome.

• Love 2
(edited)

I remember when Stuart said "I feel like such a god damn wimp" on LA Law.   That was darn near 30 years ago.   I've heard it since then on network shows.   

When Monroe and Rosalee died, I was so mad.   I was all "the ONE thing everyone wanted to see was those babies being born."   And then we STILL didn't get to see them.

"ys, I would watch that show 20 years into the future, with the Grimm, Hexenbiest & triplets fighting (I'm assuming bad-guy) Wesen!"  only if we have different writers/showrunners

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Would've been nice to see the triplets, and see which parent they took after in the wesen department

This!

My guess - we would have gotten one who was Blutbad, one who was Fuchsbau, and one who was a blend - a Blutbau or Fuchsbad of sorts. And damn. You guys, I would watch that show 20 years into the future, with the Grimm, Hexenbiest & triplets fighting (I'm assuming bad-guy) Wesen!

• Love 10

Call me wacky, but I really liked the finale..lots of angst capped off with a happy ending. They brought in Mom and Aunt Joan(?) They more or less explained the reversal at the end..if I don't think about it too hard, it makes perfect sense. And now Nick has Mr. Super Stick, in case one of the gang  gets injured fighting Wesen. And the best part is he ended up with Adalind. I grew to really like her character, but most of all Nick chose her, so I would have been really annoyed if they suddenly had him, by some convoluted means, ending up with Eve/Juliette. I, for one was satisfied. 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

Diana was...bizarre. She watched her parents die with no emotion. She and Kelly 'liked' Zerstorer. It's like she was a sociopath in training. Her entire character makes no sense to me.

Yeah, I was waiting for some reveal that explained why Diana wanted to go with Zerstorer.  

I figured about halfway through they were going to reverse all the deaths somehow. In most shows that would seem like a cop-out, but it worked for me here.

• Love 7

It was okay I guess.  I would have preferred a 2-hour finale showing the Scobby gang at a picnic with their spouses and children - Hank, Wu. even Renard during the final 10 minutes.  It was too much like the Pam/Bobby Ewing dream thing (I know I'm dating myself).

To go through all that drama and find out it really didn't happen was silly to me.  And the big stick, it has so much power that they should have shown Nick dropping it into an active volcano or something.

I still feel like there were loose ends that needed to be tied up.  Fans have stuck with this show for seven years and we end up with Dorothy back in Kansas with Auntie Em and Uncle Henry.  We deserve more IMO.

• Love 4

I was pleasantly surprised by the ending; I was afraid they were going to go "edgy" and kill off everybody except Rosalee. I still haven't forgiven the writers for Medium, Dexter or How I Met Your Mother for their series finales, but I'm ok with this one.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, I was waiting for some reveal that explained why Diana wanted to go with Zerstorer.  

This really bothered me. It made no sense that she was suddenly ok with him coming with her and her saying that Kelly liked him. Last week she was distraught about him coming into their world and this week she's completely calm while he kills everyone around her.

3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

It was okay I guess.  I would have preferred a 2-hour finale showing the Scobby gang at a picnic with their spouses and children - Hank, Wu. even Renard during the final 10 minutes.  

I agree that they definitely should have had a longer finale especially since there were so many filler episodes in such a short season.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Call me wacky, but I really liked the finale..lots of angst capped off with a happy ending. They brought in Mom and Aunt Joan(?) They more or less explained the reversal at the end..if I don't think about it too hard, it makes perfect sense. And now Nick has Mr. Super Stick, in case one of the gang  gets injured fighting Wesen. And the best part is he ended up with Adalind. I grew to really like her character, but most of all Nick chose her, so I would have been really annoyed if they suddenly had him, by some convoluted means, ending up with Eve/Juliette. I, for one was satisfied. 

I'll join the wacky team - I liked it, how each character got time, how they pretty much wrapped everything up just liked it in general.  It wasn't 100% perfect but it was enough.  Also nice they held back the "special guest star" credits until the end so we didn't see their names in the opening credits and ruin the surprise.  I even liked some of the unexpected stuff like the Nick and Truble fight.  They finished it pretty well I think.  

• Love 9

I thought it was strange that grown Diana referenced "mom and dad" instead of "mom and Nick" or "your parents" or something along those lines.  Most likely she grew up in a house with Nick and Adalind but as long as Renard was around, it doesn't seem like she would call Nick "dad".

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

And I'm glad that Nick ended up with Adalind (yes, I'm the one).  Yes, she started as a really bad person, but she mellowed (some women who are the wild girls do that once they settle down and start a family). 

It's not about her having mellowed (though, realistic or not, her "mellowing" was not a progression they ever wrote well). It was about the teeny issue of her having RAPED him. I don't care how much she mellowed that is not the makings of some happy ever after romance. 

Glad I didn't waste my time watching the last two eps. This whole storyline was pointless. Honestly, they might as well have gone with an "it was all a dream" ending - it would have made as much sense.

And, I guess I was the only one, having read about the final shot being Diana telepathically closing the Grimm book, thinking "And now they're ripping off Charmed?" That was a series that had a good series finale.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I figured about halfway through they were going to reverse all the deaths somehow. In most shows that would seem like a cop-out, but it worked for me here.

In a TvLine interview with the showrunners, Diana was apparently "under Zerstorer's thrall," or something like that.  If they want me to believe that, then they should have cast a better actress.  I'm sorry, but she was just...not good. At all. 

• Love 11
(edited)

While it certainly wasn't the greatest ending, I still liked it.  I mean, hey, I got my happy ending and I don't care how it came about.

Some of those deaths were a little hard to watch.  Going into the finale I had one request: nothing better happen to Monroe and Rosalee.  And then I had to see them get killed.

It was really weird that Diana all of a sudden wasn't scared of Zerstorer and whatnot.  Not quite sure what was up with that.  Maybe I missed something.

I kept waiting for Nick to use the stick as a weapon similar to how Zerstorer wielded the staff; it did have some magical powers.  Although that might be the big ole Harry Potter fan in me wanting him to just point it and yell "Avada Kedavra!"

But what a treat it was to see Kelly and Aunt Marie.  Woo-hoo!  The multi-Grimm fight scene was a highlight for me.

Like everyone else, I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see the triplets and which Wesen attributes they inherited.  It is nice to know that the next generation are carrying on the Grimm and Wesen working together to take down the bad guys thing.

I will definitely miss this show.  Goodbye, Grimm.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Ahhh, the Grimmebago is back.

Don't care if it was a deus ex machina.   Don't care.    I got my Grimmebago back.    

Yes, the Grimmebago is back and all is right with the world.

Edited by DarlingClementine
  • Love 11

Mama Grimm and Aunt Marie!  I liked that they called T.Rubel "Teresa". Also liked that we got to see a restored version of the Grimmabago.

It drove me crazy that while they were waiting for Nick and Eve to show up, everyone in the cabin kept saying they needed Nick's blood, when T. was right there with them.

There were so many great things about this show, and they abandon more and more of them as time went on. It's hard to let go of something that I loved so much of, but since they'd basically dumped what I liked in favor of what I didn't, I feel like it's good they ended it. It's like a bad relationship, where you stay out of nostalgia, and hope the person will change back to how you remember them, when they're really not interested in doing that. Better to say good-bye instead of prolonging the frustration.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, possibilities said:

It drove me crazy that while they were waiting for Nick and Eve to show up, everyone in the cabin kept saying they needed Nick's blood, when T. was right there with them. .

Mee too....

And with POI gone, there's no other network show that I'm watching.

But X-Files is back!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, chrisvee said:

It could be implied that Zerstorer was both contact and corrupt her but this season has never heard of "show don't tell."

Edited by G-Man
  • Love 1