Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Sweet Georgia Jayne

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Erika may be my favorite at this point. Her music and performances do nothing for me, and I find her marriage weird and unrelatable. But as a person - just plain ol Erika from Georgia - I find her fascinating. I loved her hearing more about her background. And I especially appreciated that she is humble and insightful enough to realize her mother was just trying her best in raising her, and that they're able to have a loving relationship today. Seeing her family home and hearing about her grandparents - I just enjoyed it all. 

It's episodes like this one that just reiterate my claim that these shows were so much better when the individual lives of the women were the focus - with sparing group gatherings. I wasn't nearly as bored during this episode was I was when we have constant fights about alcoholism and lymes, etc. etc. 

Totally agree. Well stated.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Did anyone assume, knowing that the Hong Kong trip was LVP's gig, that Eileen wouldn't be invited? Maybe I am slow this season, but I didn't ever get that vibe. I've heard all season long how Eileen cannot let anything go, but if LVP didn't invite her, wouldn't that mean that she hadn't let the stuff from last season go? Have they had major issues this season that I am unaware of? They seem to be getting along well for the most part. Not friends to be sure, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think LVP would invite everyone save for Eileen. I mean it's not like the Beth/Sonja deal on the NY show, where they were actively in the middle of conflict, and many were raging at Beth for daring to not want Sonja on her trip. I've always been of the mind that even though it is technically a "Bravo" trip, the gals can invite anyone they want, or not invite those they do not. I just like to understand the reasoning. I would have loved to hear LVP explain how she doesn't hold a grudge, but didn't want Eileen on her trip. No way she was going to go down that road. Her decision to be sure, she would just need to explain it. 

I believe it was more about LVP wanting to extend the invitation-not Erika.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, production piggybacked the trip into the big trip this season and no one pays for any other cast member to fly, their hotel stays or their food.

Yes. That makes it a production trip not a Pump trip. Thank you for reiterating my point.

That is all comped by deals production/Bravo make before the trip happens.

Yes. That makes it a production trip not a Pump trip. Thank you for reiterating my point.

Erika didn't pay for Kyle to fly over to Greece either but no one is disputing that that was "her" trip.

How is this relevant? Erika and Kyle have nothing to do with Adventures with Pinky.

Agree to disagree as we are now beating a long dead horse. LOL

The episode aired fewer than 24 hours ago. Hardly a long-dead horse. LOL SMH OMG

• Love 1

Right because Lisa stated she wants to make it about Yulin so she wanted to enlist the women individually and get them to commit to support her cause on camera.  But Erika butted right in perhaps knowing that everyone was already signed up to go so she could just involve herself and speed things along.  She definitely wants to be queen bee of the group probably because she thinks she's better than everyone else.  She definitely has shown she feels superior to Dorit.

• Love 7

IIRC, Erika was taking the glam squad with her in order to give her Mom a makeover.  I'm pretty sure I heard her say that when they got on the plane.   The way I see Erika's relationship with her Mom is one in which she does acknowledge that her Mom did the best she could when she was growing up, but on one hand she appreciates that she became a tough woman from the experience, but on the other hand it sounds to me as if she wishes that her Mom could've been more loving towards her and maybe not have had so much of the attitude of "do things yourself/be tough."  The reason I say that is from personal experience.  My parents were very good to me, and I know they did the best they could, given the information and resources they had at that time.  I hold no grudges for anything I wish could've been different, and Erika seems to be of that same opinion.  As a parent myself,  I worry about how some of my decisions affected my son.  I did the best I could given the information I had.   I think we all worry about that and hope that we don't warp our kids!   He grew up just fine, but there's a few things I'd go back and change. 

Anyway, there's just something in the way that Erika describes her youth that makes me think that although she holds no ill-will towards her mother, maybe some of what she said or did still stings a little bit.  It's as if Erika is trying to convince herself that she is okay with it all by telling her story over and over again.   I would guess that all of us can look back on a situation in which one of our parents said or did something that we brushed off, but yet it still stings a little to think about it.  That's how I view Erika's TH's about her Mom.  I can see that she loves her, but there's still something there that maybe hurt her heart just a little bit.   It was nice of her Mom thanking her for all she's done for her family.  She said her grandparents would be proud.  Maybe she's helped them financially and otherwise.  I think that Erika would be a good friend to have, but what Dorit can't figure out is that you can't push a friendship on her.  Slow and steady wins the race in this regard!  She needs to back off and let the friendship happen naturally.

Looking back on undie-gate, I'm surprised that Erika wasn't a little upset with Kyle after seeing the footage of Kyle & Dorit  shopping together when Dorit bought the underwear.  Kyle said that she couldn't wait to see Erika's reaction to the gift.  As Erika's friend, I would've told Dorit that it was a bad idea to give those to her.  I was surprised that Kyle seemed to be okay with it at the time. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zulualpha said:

She definitely has shown she feels superior to Dorit.

I feel superior to Dorit...

She definitely wants to be queen bee of the group probably because she thinks she's better than everyone else.  

I haven't seen anything in word or deed that would suggest Erika wants to be queen bee. Is she supposed to feel inferior to everyone else? I know this group tried to make her feel inferior with their catty gossiping about the "Erika Jayne" persona, her marriage, the age difference between her and her husband; did I miss anything? LVP did the same thing to Erika that she did to Eileen, but Erika didn't react the way LVP wanted. She got angry and stopped any attempts at friendship with LVP.  To me, that's the way mature people handle stealth bitches; avoid them and shut down their shit when they attempt any.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

You don't think anything was wrong when Dorit mused about the Xanax smoothie event with LVP and Boy George on camera? Seems like she was starting something to me! She's best buds with her "live-in" and LVP, so I consider it a betrayal just like Katherine running to LVP to comment on Erika saying "she's a sniper from the side!" I personally don't care because none of the women are looking too good to me! I wouldn't want to associate with any of them! ;-)

Lisa and Dorit are not "best buds". LOL That would be Lisa and Kyle".

2 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Didn't Katherine ask her for the opinion? It wasn't like Erika went out of her way to disparage or insult LVP; totally an opinion and QUITE TRUE! ;-)

Erika asked Kathryn what she thought of Lisa, Kathryn replied that she thought Lisa was "Sweet" and Erika proceeded to correct her, telling her that Lisa was a "sniper from the side". Erika made several "disparaging" comments about Lisa last season, all under the direction of Yolanda who hated Lisa because her ex, Mohammed, is good friends with her.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Did anyone assume, knowing that the Hong Kong trip was LVP's gig, that Eileen wouldn't be invited? Maybe I am slow this season, but I didn't ever get that vibe. I've heard all season long how Eileen cannot let anything go, but if LVP didn't invite her, wouldn't that mean that she hadn't let the stuff from last season go? Have they had major issues this season that I am unaware of? They seem to be getting along well for the most part. Not friends to be sure, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think LVP would invite everyone save for Eileen. I mean it's not like the Beth/Sonja deal on the NY show, where they were actively in the middle of conflict, and many were raging at Beth for daring to not want Sonja on her trip. I've always been of the mind that even though it is technically a "Bravo" trip, the gals can invite anyone they want, or not invite those they do not. I just like to understand the reasoning. I would have loved to hear LVP explain how she doesn't hold a grudge, but didn't want Eileen on her trip. No way she was going to go down that road. Her decision to be sure, she would just need to explain it. 

It is as simple as Lisa wanted to do the inviting herself, on camera, so she could talk about stopping the YDF on camera. The more she gets to talk about it on camera, the better chance she/they have of stopping it.

1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

How is this relevant? Erika and Kyle have nothing to do with Adventures with Pinky.

The episode aired fewer than 24 hours ago. Hardly a long-dead horse. LOL SMH OMG

Again, you have to understand how these trips work. This is Lisa's trip and is done under her direction/planning as this trip was already set up for her/Ken when production decided to tag the rest of the HWs on. Why I mentioned Erika's trip was that it is also an example of how these HW trips work, for all of the HWs, especially real working trips, like Erika's and Lisa's.

Erika was rude to invite Eileen, it took camera time away from Lisa which she would have used to help stop YDF, like she did with Rinna.

31 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

IIRC, Erika was taking the glam squad with her in order to give her Mom a makeover.  I'm pretty sure I heard her say that when they got on the plane.   The way I see Erika's relationship with her Mom is one in which she does acknowledge that her Mom did the best she could when she was growing up, but on one hand she appreciates that she became a tough woman from the experience, but on the other hand it sounds to me as if she wishes that her Mom could've been more loving towards her and maybe not have had so much of the attitude of "do things yourself/be tough."  The reason I say that is from personal experience.  My parents were very good to me, and I know they did the best they could, given the information and resources they had at that time.  I hold no grudges for anything I wish could've been different, and Erika seems to be of that same opinion.  As a parent myself,  I worry about how some of my decisions affected my son.  I did the best I could given the information I had.   I think we all worry about that and hope that we don't warp our kids!   He grew up just fine, but there's a few things I'd go back and change. 

Anyway, there's just something in the way that Erika describes her youth that makes me think that although she holds no ill-will towards her mother, maybe some of what she said or did still stings a little bit.  It's as if Erika is trying to convince herself that she is okay with it all by telling her story over and over again.   I would guess that all of us can look back on a situation in which one of our parents said or did something that we brushed off, but yet it still stings a little to think about it.  That's how I view Erika's TH's about her Mom.  I can see that she loves her, but there's still something there that maybe hurt her heart just a little bit.   It was nice of her Mom thanking her for all she's done for her family.  She said her grandparents would be proud.  Maybe she's helped them financially and otherwise.  I think that Erika would be a good friend to have, but what Dorit can't figure out is that you can't push a friendship on her.  Slow and steady wins the race in this regard!  She needs to back off and let the friendship happen naturally.

Looking back on undie-gate, I'm surprised that Erika wasn't a little upset with Kyle after seeing the footage of Kyle & Dorit  shopping together when Dorit bought the underwear.  Kyle said that she couldn't wait to see Erika's reaction to the gift.  As Erika's friend, I would've told Dorit that it was a bad idea to give those to her.  I was surprised that Kyle seemed to be okay with it at the time. 

Why wasn't she upset at her bestie, Eileen? Eileen is closer to Erika, she also encouraged Dorit to pull this stunt on her and then Eileen kept "pantygate" going well after Erika/Dorit put it to bed. Oh, and why didn't good friend Eileen give Erika a heads up as soon as Dorit told her what happened and what she was planning?

• Love 10
(edited)
42 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Erika made several "disparaging" comments about Lisa last season, all under the direction of Yolanda who hated Lisa because her ex, Mohammed, is good friends with her.

Erika was rude to invite Eileen, it took camera time away from Lisa which she would have used to help stop YDF, like she did with Rinna.

Or, like many viewers, Erika has two eyes and two ears, and she saw the show before coming on and saw through Lisa's tactics the way a lot of others do. I pretty much assume any HW is lying when they say they haven't seen the show prior to filming (don't recall if Erika said that, but if she did, I don't believe it for a second.)

Actually, I take that back. I completely believe Kelly Bensimon hadn't seen a damn clip of the show before joining RHONY. 

Erika inviting Eileen was pretty low on the list of HW offenses as far as I'm concerned. Lisa and Erika clearly don't care for one another, yet seem to have this unspoken truce/roundabout way of going after each other instead of directly getting in their jabs.

It was refreshing to finally see one of them be directly shady to the other. Judging by that upcoming clip of Erika crying, "that's not fair, Lisa," I suspect Vanderpump gets her revenge anyway.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, KFC said:

Or, like many viewers, Erika has two eyes and two ears, and she saw the show before coming on and saw through Lisa's tactics the way a lot of others do. I pretty much assume any HW is lying when they say they haven't seen the show prior to filming (don't recall if Erika said that, but if she did, I don't believe it for a second.)

Actually, I take that back. I completely believe Kelly Bensimon hadn't seen a damn clip of the show before joining RHONY. 

Erika inviting Eileen was pretty low on the list of HW offenses as far as I'm concerned. Lisa and Erika clearly don't care for one another, yet seem to have this unspoken truce/roundabout way of going after each other instead of directly getting in their jabs.

It was refreshing to finally see one of them be directly shady to the other. Judging by that upcoming clip of Erika crying, "that's not fair, Lisa," I suspect Vanderpump gets her revenge anyway.

And Lisa didn't get upset or mad at Erika for inviting her. She laughed it off, something I guarantee Erika would have done had the roles been reversed.

Erika was hired to play Yolanda's friend and be her main support and she did her job last season. Erika has already stated that she and Lisa (V) are friends this season. So, viewers are reading too much into their interactions, thinking/believing they are on bad terms when they are not.

As for that comment, I think we may be surprised to find Erika is getting support from Lisa over an attack from another person but we will have to wait and see (Bravo just loves to mislead us with these little snippets of what is still to come).

7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is not unheard of for a RH to not be or uninvited for trip.  Carlton earned that honor for the Puerto Rico trip that Kyle and Joyce were hosting.

That is true, a lead HW can demand that someone be left off the list of an event/trip no matter what. Lisa, though, has yet to do that to any of them, including Brandi at the end. Lisa doesn't refuse to film with someone no matter what has happened between them, the same with Kyle.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And Lisa didn't get upset or mad at Erika for inviting her. She laughed it off, something I guarantee Erika would have done had the roles been reversed.

Erika was hired to play Yolanda's friend and be her main support and she did her job last season. Erika has already stated that she and Lisa (V) are friends this season. So, viewers are reading too much into their interactions, thinking/believing they are on bad terms when they are not.

As for that comment, I think we may be surprised to find Erika is getting support from Lisa over an attack from another person but we will have to wait and see (Bravo just loves to mislead us with these little snippets of what is still to come).

I didn't think they were mortal enemies; just not the best of friends! I'm sure Erika can find LVP amusing for a while, but she can be quite caustic after a while; sometimes immediately and obscene! I still agree LVP's a "sniper from the side!" Her credibility isn't the best with instance after instance showing she sees things differently, sometime changing scenarios so she looks better and her detractors worse; esp. to Ken! She really doesn't "own it" all the time even with all that video footage! ;-)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, zulualpha said:

LVP said that they are taking dogs from a kill shelter and bringing them to her "life style" shelter.   With all the merch they showed it looks like it will be a shop and a shelter where people can interact with the dogs, hopefully adopting them.  The merch sales should help the shelter be self sustaining.

I'm wondering where she's going to get the dogs. This area already has a ton of rescue groups that take dogs from the shelters and have retail environments or show them weekends at places like Pet Smart. My local group has been importing dogs from Asia for a couple of years because they can't get enough adoptable dogs from shelters. The kill shelters are left with bully breeds, Chihuahuas (oddly there are tons of them) , homely and behavior problem pups because the rescue groups take all the adoptable dogs. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jaync said:

Erika proclaimed "we have two private planes", so why would Lisa assume that Erika doesn't own even one? Unless, she knows Erika to be a liar.

When Erika said the plane wouldn't be available (I guess she has the schedule memorized?), I would've loved it if LVP had asked "Is your other plane unavailable, too?"

ErICKa's homely, fat sugar daddy OWNS the planes - NOT her. Without him, she'd probably be living in a trailer park.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

I didn't think they were mortal enemies; just not the best of friends! I'm sure Erika can find LVP amusing for a while, but she can be quite caustic after a while; sometimes immediately and obscene! I still agree LVP's a "sniper from the side!" Her credibility isn't the best with instance after instance showing she sees things differently, sometime changing scenarios so she looks better and her detractors worse; esp. to Ken! She really doesn't "own it" all the time even with all that video footage! ;-)

Actually Erika gave an interview where she said she and LVP were true friends.  People are looking for tits on an ant.  She said it after the season filmed so my guess is she actually likes LVP.  Erika has been known to be a turncoat.

• Love 4

Because it can't be said enough, I hated Kyle's outfit at her event.  I can't even explain why is was so awful.  The jacket made it a little better, but it is still the worse thing I've seen her wear. 

I am a little baffled by Ericka saying she saw her mother crying about a man, and she said it would never be her.  That's strange to me, I mean, I think almost every person on earth has cried over a relationship, and if you haven't, you are either one of the luckiest people in the world, with a flawless relationship or so unemotionally invested in all your relationships that it doing poorly doesn't bother you.

• Love 13

So, I'm rewatching this and I didn't catch it last night, but, Kyle said Faye was at the birth of Kim's grandson, Kingsley2.  How many people were there?  The hospital staff must have loved that.

I'm also going to mention that I never kiss people on both cheeks, especially not people I just saw earlier in the day or the day before, and, I don't dole out a whole lot of compliments.  I am a high society failure.

• Love 11

It's so ironic when people disparage poor women for "marrying up" given the popularity of movies like Pretty Woman and how large that trope looms in American culture such a weird disconnect. 

Erika herself said she wouldn't be as well off without Tom and she knows how lucky she is. They've been married much too long for anyone to still think of her as a golddigger--haven't they?

• Love 16
On March 7, 2017 at 10:27 PM, farmgal4 said:

I love Erika, and I have so much in common with her family life before stardom.  Lisa Rinna needs to leave her top lip alone.  In her opening scene at home making/drinking the smoothie, her upper lip looked ridiculous.  I can't believe she even allowed them to film her looking like that.

I thought she looked like a Simpsons character

• Love 8
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

She did say that they were getting them from kill shelters but I would not be surprised to hear she had a few from China. I believe she is involved with a few groups that actually rescue dogs from that "festival".

But that's my point. Lots of rescue groups are competing for available dogs. Other groups have been doing it for a long time and I'm sure have agreements and relationships with shelters.  

1 minute ago, Almost 3000 said:

But that's my point. Lots of rescue groups are competing for available dogs. Other groups have been doing it for a long time and I'm sure have agreements and relationships with shelters.  

I don't think she will have any problem finding dogs to help rescue. I am sure that she has a lot of contacts within the dog rescue community already.

• Love 11

Dang Erica has got some unresolved issues and grudges against her mom. For the one good thing she said about her mom there were 15+ not so good things. She lit up when talking about her grandmother but her mom, no way.

Eileen can just go away. Nothing but a frosty stick in the mud. Maybe that's why she gets along so well with Erica. Those two are cold.

• Love 21

The problem with the 'invites' to Hong Kong was that LVP already knew who was invited.  But 'LVP' decided to throw some shade.  Which she is doing a lot of this season.  Let's start with Erika's plane.  I'm not an EJ fan but Erika handled it well despite LVP's attempt to put Erika on the spot.  Erika's throw back shade with inviting Eileen was totally about LVP's shade.  Touche.  No doubt that Eileen knew she was going to Hong Kong but LVP had to throw some shade out there as well.  Same goes for LR.  Yeah, the 'host' of the trip has some leeway but the fact is that these events are planned well in advance.  Reservations etc.  It may be a certain housewife's 'trip' but let's face it, production is involved.  There's a calendar. 

But, at least Kim's not going....  Maybe that's against her plea agreement or whatever she worked out with her criminal convictions or whatever.  Ok.  That was mean but Kim is a mean person.

Ok.  We've got Eden on the trip.   Be prepared for long hugs, hashtags and complaints of banners.....

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think she will have any problem finding dogs to help rescue. I am sure that she has a lot of contacts within the dog rescue community already.

You're probably right but my spidy sense tells me this will be more retail than rescue. I hope she makes good money that will be put to good use.

• Love 3

probably because she thinks she's better than everyone else.  She definitely has shown she feels superior to Dorit.

Yeah, as with some other people, I don't see that at all. I have yet to see Ericka showing signs of thinking herself superior to the other women. And finding Dorit exasperating isn't the same as feeling superior.

Vanderpump is the queen deflecting and projecting. It's almost admirable.

It's also fun to watch. Rinna and Dorit should be watching and taking notes on how its done.

It's so ironic when people disparage poor women for "marrying up" given the popularity of movies like Pretty Woman and how large that trope looms in American culture such a weird disconnect. 

Erika herself said she wouldn't be as well off without Tom and she knows how lucky she is. They've been married much too long for anyone to still think of her as a golddigger--haven't they?

But its 2017 and lets keep slut shaming women!

I am a little baffled by Ericka saying she saw her mother crying about a man, and she said it would never be her.  That's strange to me, I mean, I think almost every person on earth has cried over a relationship, and if you haven't, you are either one of the luckiest people in the world, with a flawless relationship or so unemotionally invested in all your relationships that it doing poorly doesn't bother you.

I think she meant "I'm not going to let myself be screwed over by a man the way my mother was screwed over by that guy".

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

You're probably right but my spidy sense tells me this will be more retail than rescue. I hope she makes good money that will be put to good use.

They even mentioned it on the show and on their website they are working with Saving Spot a more established group.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Lisa has been involved with dog rescues for years, it really is her passion. She is involved with a number/variety of charities for different causes but rescuing/saving dogs are #1 with her. Outside of her family/loved ones, they are her weak spot.

• Love 10
(edited)
29 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Because slut-shamming makes me feel so good about myself? I'm thinking about taking out a banner ad.

I find it comical that Eileen being invited on the trip would ever be an issue. The woman will speak about two sentences max, and get 10 minutes (I'm being generous) of camera time. Likely, she will sit in a corner, and give a five second pep talk to Rinna. Eileen is pretty much a non-entity on the show. Must be a nice gig if you can swing it. I think even Yolanda had more screen time last year.

Whatever Dorit's issue with validation from Erika is, it's annoying- a mixture of neediness and PK bullshit.

I'm the one person looking forward to seeing Eden in Hong Kong. Her weirdness entertains me.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I always remember the episode of Roseanne "Rear Window" , where they had geriatric nudist neighbors and ever had to take a look. Over and over again.

Hahahaha!  "You watching by yourself is perverted - us watching together - that's a date!"  Hahahaha!  Love that!

9 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

I could never understand that "Roseanne" episode; even with DJ! They're old and not exactly doing anything! It was funny but I'd have moved on without a 2nd glance! Heaven knows how some people lay about; supposedly Rinna is a bit of a nudist around the home according to her kids! I wouldn't want to see that bag of bones either! ;-(

And on her instagram posts, I learned last week :)

8 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

You see how Dorit betrayed her girl Rinna; repeating again and again to whoever listens about the bag of pills! I have to believe most were innocuous vitamins, but it definitely didn't look good after all concerned were all over the sobriety of Kim! The hypocrisy is mind-blowing; esp. when Eden joked about being able to name them all! ;-(

Then Dorit tried to make it a topic of conversation a few times, and Rinna mentioned it herself in a few THs.  It has seemed to me like someone (Rinna?  not sure who)  was trying to make this a "storyline" this year and failed.

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Wow! Eden is sure happy that she isn't the one getting called out as she happily helps drive the bus over Dorit! LOL Eden's blog this week. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/eden-sassoon-why-does-dorit-always-have-to-make

LOL indeed!  I don't usually read those, but #thanks for that (#someone's an idiot :)

• Love 6
(edited)

Then Dorit tried to make it a topic of conversation a few times, and Rinna mentioned it herself in a few THs.  It has seemed to me like someone (Rinna?  not sure who)  was trying to make this a "storyline" this year and failed.

I dunno, to me it seems like Dorit was trying to stir the pot about Rinna being on...something. But neither Kyle or Eden would take the bait, and even LVP tried to shut her down about it unless Dorit had more specific evidence that Rinna is hooked on the pills. For the most part, it seems like Rinna carries vitamin supplements (maybe that explains her perceived lack of eating?) more than anything.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Or maybe she doesn't like presumptuous assholes demanding use of her shit. LVP has tried to ruffle Erika's feathers several times and lost herself invites to Erika's home. Now she's trying to recruit her to her coven and Erika won't go there. Kudos to Erika for having a mind of her own. 

Ask the person who said Erika doesn't own planes, Tom/his business owns them; which is what I was responding to.

Lisa laughingly said "Would it be rude to ask you to bring your plane?"  That doesn't seem like a presumptuous asshole demanding use of shit to me, but mileage may vary.

7 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

I think when it gets to be more than a handful of posts of a couple people saying the same exact thing back and forth it becomes the beating of a dead horse, no matter how many days, hours, or minutes it has been -- especially when it is obvious that neither side is going to sway the other.

7 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I'm going through it now and oddly felt no connection to her story. 

Right?  I'm really perplexed by it.  It's an emotional topic by nature so usually you don't have to go that deep to tug at my heart strings.  And having gone through something so similar fairly recently I should at least be able to relate and feel empathy, but nothing.  I don't think it is her detached demeanor, but for some reason her story just did not resonate with me at all.

6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

What about her good friends the soap twins making fun of her while drinking wine with Dorit.  What sticks out in my mind is Eileen's "I'm so shy" while spreading her legs.  And as someone else mentioned, they are also the ones that made sure it persisted and turned into a big storyline by bringing it up every chance they got.

2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Well, shit.  If there really is a shortage of dogs to rescue, we should probably be throwing some epic parties to celebrate.

On 3/7/2017 at 10:36 PM, princelina said:

So sorry about your mom :(  Other than that you pretty much posted everything I was thinking!  Esp. about Rinna's waxing :)

I did have one question about "The Fat Jewish" - why does he need two business partners in order to put pictures of himself with stupid hair on instagram?  My nieces and nephews have figured out how to do that independently.

I think they were business partners in the wine that the event was promoting.  Apparently it is doing really well because they were genius in making basic bitches their target demo. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fat-jew-white-girl-problems-901432

• Love 11
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I dunno, to me it seems like Dorit was trying to stir the pot about Rinna being...on something. But neither Kyle or Eden would take the bait, and even LVP tried to shut her down about it unless Dorit had more specific evidence that Rinna is hooked on the pills. For the most part, it seems like she carries vitamin supplements (maybe that explains her perceived lack of eating?) more than anything.

I don't think Dorit has ever suggested Rinna is hooked or an addict, I think she is repeating what Rinna said and what Rinna presented about her having pills and vitamins for every occasion.  Might be a good lesson for Rinna to learn about labelling and twisting.  She loves the word addict, whereas Kim prefers to call herself an alcoholic.  Saying someone is taking a prescription drug is not the same as saying someone is an addict.  I will say this about Rinna she does like to shoot her mouth off and clown around but when something is very contrary to her truth (she likes the term so much) she knows how to shut it down.  When Brandi jokingly said something about Rinna doing porn, Rinna shut that down instantly, as she should have.   Same when Brandi mentioned Xanax and Rinna and Kyle at the Reunion-she shut it down, far better than Kyle did.  It is kind of hard to shut down Dorit saying Rinna takes pills, and carries around a bag of them-when she has said and shown the same.   

I noticed when Rinna was telling her story about  dinner at PK and Dorit's she used the term bereavement.  That word was never used and from what I saw of the conversation, PK was not commenting on how she and Eileen were handling their grieving, he was commenting on how Eileen failed to disclose her mother's death to the others when having a heavy meeting and how that is not fair to claim death of parent and then not disclose as they are life changing events.  It was never about Eileen's bereavement process.  It was RInna that brought it up as almost a non sequitur when talking about her issues with LVP.  It was Rinna that raised her father's death and dramatically related his dying before her very eyes, changing her perspective.  She was using it as a reason for why she had moved on.  Actually she didn't as the Reunion and many of the hurtful things she said to LVP were two months after her father's death.  Rinna is the first to scream "game of telephone" and in reality she is the one who most often twists things. 

It is like labelling the re-telling of Rinna's comments that were essentially mostly sober (meaning not entirely sober), close to death and Kyle is an enabler as a game of telephone.  Everyone who repeated the conversation kept the same three keys elements almost verbatim.   The game of telephone is most commonly used to describe a certain statement being passed around and having a wildly different statement from the original. 

• Love 12

Lisa laughingly said "Would it be rude to ask you to bring your plane?"  That doesn't seem like a presumptuous asshole demanding use of shit to me, but mileage may vary.

I thought it was a tongue in cheek comment.  I didn't see the harm in it either. 

• Love 20
(edited)

I don't think Dorit has ever suggested Rinna is hooked or an addict, I think she is repeating what Rinna said and what Rinna presented about her having pills and vitamins for every occasion

Nah, Dorit definitely has been trying to stir shit up with regards to Rinna and her pill bag, trying to imply or make it sound more nefarious than it might be. She just hasn't been able to, as two out of three the people she's tried to sell that to didn't take the bait, and the third doesn't want any part of it and doesn't think Dorit should keep bringing it without anything more concrete.

Dorit really is a lot like Rinna, between the selective memory loss and trying to stir shit up. She is also just as clumsy as Rinna in her efforts.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Giselle said:

Darling those fries weren't served for eating, they were handed around for sniffing. Fat and calories don't go over very well in Beverly Hills. Sniffing a French fry with ketchup keeps you with in your allotted daily caloric intake of 150 calories. Zero carbs and calories... Fabulous!

I remember when Yolanda showed up for breakfast with Mohammed and Shiva and just sniffed the bread. Just gross. Keep your nose away from my bread.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Alex (ex NYC housewife) pretty much confirmed that trips on the show are arranged and paid for by production. All of the women would likely have some contractual obligation to attend (with the exception of a good excuse like illness). For a random girl's trip (like Kyle's Dubai trip), that is more likely manufactured solely for the purpose of the show but given the planning that would have been required on LVP's part to confirm contacts in Hong Kong and LVP's obligation to provide the show with her schedule for the purpose of filming, it is likely that they forced LVP to turn it into a group trip when she would have rather not done so....hence throwing shade during her invites. While the group trips do need a 'host', I do agree that for the group trips, the invites are not necessarily completely up to the 'host'. That's why random girl's trips are usually hosted by a HW that doesn't have heavy tension with the other women.

The benefit of being the hostess is apparently you can have the pick of the accommodations and pair the others up.  One thing for certain, the hostess doesn't pay for the trip.  Doesn't this Hong Kong trip involve filming a documentary decrying the Yulin Dog Meat Festival? I am wondering if LVP is going ahead or staying on?

• Love 4

I still think Dorit is loads of fun! I actually really like all of these women a lot, except Eden, who makes me sad and uncomfortable. 

I loooved Erika's slip into her southern accent when she was in Georgia, it was just adorable. 

I think Kyle is gorgeous but I wish she'd get clothing either custom made or tailored to her body. Her gold dress was way too tight on the bust, and it could have been a great look otherwise.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Back To The Lip.  

Can anyone explain how/why The Lip goes from looking like a large moth cocoon in the kitchen to looking Beverly Hills normal at LVP's shelter. 

Couldn't stop looking. 

It always looks like some creepy worm like thing.

Lisa-Rinna-before-and-after-lip-fillers.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The benefit of being the hostess is apparently you can have the pick of the accommodations and pair the others up.  One thing for certain, the hostess doesn't pay for the trip.  Doesn't this Hong Kong trip involve filming a documentary decrying the Yulin Dog Meat Festival? I am wondering if LVP is going ahead or staying on?

LOL, I have never seen any hostess on any franchise step up and actually HOST a trip.

When people start to misbehave, they tuck tail and go spineless.

They allow so many bad behaviors, it's a miracle they even want to travel together.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Erika heads back to Georgia; everyone else gets their ducks in a row before Hong Kong.

View the full article

I liked this recap and agree with the author that Erika seems to respect her mother than she likes her.  Their relationship seemed pretty tense.  I don't know if Erika feels her mom resents her for raising Erika instead of following her dream or Erika just preferred her grandparents-and she pretty much described her grandmother as no nonsense, so I am not catching the difference between mom and grandma.  From the voluminous number of photos Erika has put out there about her "performing" days as a child she certainly had her mother and grandparents' support and she has said the same.  Is it possible that Erika feels guilty that she left her child and moved 3,000 miles away to pursue her dream?  Erika's mom may be icy bit she did put her desires aside to raise Erika and then to care for her aging and ill parents. 

Maybe I was expecting something else when Erika did the deep reveal, but I saw her as somewhat callous and under appreciative.   I wish Erika would learn to say please and thank you.  Even when asked a direct question about when was the last time she visited her grandparents' gravesites, instead of six months, two years ago, she gave a rather cagey answer-when the lizard landed on my leg.    I guess that is all part of being guarded. 

I usually applaud Erika for not getting caught up in the hyperbole but that whole scene with her being embarrassed about her mother having so many photos of her-not even believable.  Erika has 3' x 4' photos of herself in her home and she has full on photo shoots in her hotel room before attending a gala.  We seem to see a lot of both Erika Jayne and Erika Girardi posing for photos.  To top it off her mother walked in with a T-Shirt with Erika's photo on it. She sells photos of herself. There is nothing shy about Erika. 

So at this point has Erika become Erika Jayne for purposes of the show?  I am not feeling a lot of Girardi at this point. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No, I guess it is common sense in that most of these HWs are allowed to do the inviting to their events/trips themselves and that Lisa is using this season to promote the fight against the YDF. I find it odd that some find it "rude" of Lisa for her to ask/joke with Erika about using Tom's legal practices/business planes for the trip but not Erika for way over stepping social manners/common courtesy that most 4 year olds know by inviting someone on someone else's trip. LOL

EJ's response - adding to the passenger manifest- was rude and the perfect 'eff yew' to LVPs ask.

I love to watch people joust - that little exchange was deftly played, but LVP lost that pass.

She started it by asking - What was EJ gonna say? Yes?

I don't think so.

LVP knew it wasn't going to happen - why joke about it? Was it a dig at EJ flying commercial? Or the size/capability of the planes in question?

So, EJ comes right back and doles out an invite, then claims an 'oopsie moment'?

Ah, the fuckery that people pull out of their asses, at a moment's notice!

--------

THE WORST thing about owning a truck are the people who drop hints/joke about getting you to help them move. (They are the people who will never offer to buy you lunch/a beer, buy gas or offer to give you a few bucks for your time/effort)

I guess owning a jet is the same kinda deal - everyone wants a free ride, but no one wants to fill the tank?

• Love 2