Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Sweet Georgia Jayne

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Owning it doesn't excuse the behavior.  Sorry but I think kids need to be around their parents.  It is not as if there aren't acting/entertainment opportunities in NY.  Erika doesn't need to discuss it but she best better stay mum when other RH parenting issues are discussed.   I am quite certain she will.  Erika left that little boy without a mother-near enough to fend for him.  I get it she may have been confused or overwhelmed but don't talk about your childhood when you committed a huge abandonment.  As Erika has told us, parental alienation hurts. 

He lived with his father, she didn't abandon him to the care of the state. And obviously she maintained some kind of contact/closeness with her son or else they wouldn't be close today.  Also kids don't "need" to be around their parents- there PLENTY of kids who grew up in boarding schools & have done just fine. There are also plenty of kids who have grown up around parents that should have been declared unfit. There is no single special formula to successfully raising children & being able to maintain a close relationship with them in to adulthood.  All this mother judging is downright disgusting & shameful.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, 918lux said:

He lived with his father, she didn't abandon him to the care of the state. And obviously she maintained some kind of contact/closeness with her son or else they wouldn't be close today.  Also kids don't "need" to be around their parents- there PLENTY of kids who grew up in boarding schools & have done just fine. There are also plenty of kids who have grown up around parents that should have been declared unfit. There is no single special formula to successfully raising children & being able to maintain a close relationship with them in to adulthood.  All this mother judging is downright disgusting & shameful.

Well, the choicest instance of mother judging that I saw related to the episode was Erika's gem of an assertion that her own mom was repulsively "fucking weak" when rearing her and "really did treat her like that."

I'm not sure what the failings of parents who should have their children removed from the home by welfare services has to do with the context of Erika criticizing and sneering at her own mom while voluntarily exeunting herself from the challenges with which her mother contended. 

Erika is literally crying about the fashion in which her mama raised her and how that mother acted as if she was an adult prematurely. Apparently Erika DOES think there is a successful formula for being a model parent and her mom didn't meet the standard. I guess peacing out on the childhood of one's offspring does conform to her vision of ensuring a child doesn't mature too quickly. 

Frankly, I find Erika ruminating about "the struggle" of being a "single mom" to be pretty offensive because of the revisionism and convenient moral relativism. Plenty of socioeconomically challenged and minority women actually DO raise children (sometimes many) on their own without the benefit of a father willing to assume full custody enabling them to wed a wealthy husband. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

enabling them to wed a wealthy husband. 

Honestly I think this part bothers people as much, if not more, than whatever happened with her son. Apparently she shouldn't be happy now ?

2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Apparently Erika DOES think there is a successful formula for being a model parent and her mom didn't meet the standard. I guess peacing out on the childhood of one's offspring does conform to her vision of ensuring a child doesn't mature too quickly.

Lol wait... how is it okay to judge Erika's parenting but not okay for Erika to have opinions on how she was parented? Don't all kids judge their parents by impossible standards; deserved or not?

My mother slammed me into a countertop and held a sharpened fork to my throat when I was 7. Ten years ago she told me her life would have been better if I weren't born. My mom isn't mentally ill. She wasn't prepared to be a mother at 18. She's always felt cheated. How should I look at that relationship now, in my 40s? Shouldn't I believe she did the best she could and leave it there to protect my sanity and what fragile relationship we have left?

I'm not saying Erika's situation is mine. I'm offering that we don't know enough to judge and we shouldn't, even if we get more information.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Honestly I think this part bothers people as much, if not more, than whatever happened with her son. Apparently she shouldn't be happy now ?

Lol wait... how is it okay to judge Erika's parenting but not okay for Erika, the child in the situation, to judge her mom? Don't all kids judge their parents by impossible standards; deserved or not?

My mother slammed me into a countertop and held a sharpened fork to my throat when I was 7. Ten years ago she told me her life would have been better if I weren't born. My mom isn't mentally ill. She wasn't prepared to be a mother at 18. She's always felt cheated. How should I look at that relationship now, in my 40s? Shouldn't I believe she did the best she could and leave it there to protect my sanity and what fragile relationship we have left?

I'm not saying Erika's situation is mine. I'm offering that we don't know enough to judge and we shouldn't, even if we get more information.

Erika was the one talking about being a "single mom", about how hard it is and she is doing it in the first person narrative, as if that is what she went through it but that just isn't the truth at all. Now, had Erika said that she made a very hard decision to leave her son with his loving dad and moved to LA to pursue her dreams I would applauded her even though it is not something I would/could ever do, I would respect her honesty. But, that is not what she has said or alluded to so far. Maybe she will address it in an upcoming episode and we will then hear what happened but until then, I do not believe her.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Lol wait... how is it okay to judge Erika's parenting but not okay for Erika to have opinions on how she was parented? Don't all kids judge their parents by impossible standards; deserved or not?

Ericka is judging her mother's mothering skills while dropping her own child off with his father, moving cross country and calling herself a single parent.

Thats worthy of judging, especially since she's on a tv show and we're on this website.

• Love 21

He lived with his father, she didn't abandon him to the care of the state. And obviously she maintained some kind of contact/closeness with her son or else they wouldn't be close today. 

We have no idea if they're close.  Just as likely, the lure of Tom's money brought him out to LA.  He may be extremely resentful and she may be providing financial support now out of guilt.  Who knows?

• Love 10
On 3/8/2017 at 9:15 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Her mom seems lovely and doesn't fit with the tough, unnurturting scenario she described. Perhaps we are not seeing the entire picture.

I'm tired of hearing people complain about their mothers. It lowers my opinion of them.

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

I'm tired of hearing people complain about their mothers. It lowers my opinion of them.

Since her mother acknowledged she was tough on Erika, maybe it's done and over with. Sometimes it takes a while to figure thins out when one's parents are tough on them. Mine were incredibly strict, so much so that when I entered the "real world" I had very few social skills. Boy was that a rude awakening. 

• Love 5
On 3/8/2017 at 11:02 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Erika's husband or his company, has two planes. She's said on the show that he/the company bought the smaller one for "Erika Jayne" touring. In the episode (last season I think) Lisa made a thing about Erika having two planes. Sarcasm or British humor (whatever we're calling it this week) always holds a grain of honest jealousy/dislike IMO. LVP has an issue with Erika's lack of fucks and plentiful bucks--again IMO. She's not Brandi or Dorit. She doesn't need LVP to save her; she needs the show's paycheck but she's not trying to play LVP's game to keep it. Do we know if LVP personally or her company bought her jet?  

Okay I have to do some actual work now--hahahaha

Chortle, chortle -- snort!

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

Thank you.

IF EJ was soooooooooo upset about having the childhood she grew up in, you'd figure she'd keep her son by her side, just to make sure he doesn't turn into a turd that hates his mom?

• Love 17
18 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, where's Eden??

Exactly. Eden at least participated this season and deserves a seat on the couch.  

Eileen was essentially a no show. What the hell did she do this season ...NOTHING except shit and show up for a season total of three minutes to enable Rinna and 3 minutes to vex Dorit for an issues that didn't concern her. Must be nice to get a paycheck for sitting on her ass all season long on a toilet or lounge a psych couch.  

That being said if Eileen ever did or said anything interesting we would be shocked. Bland as white balloon bread that one is.

Eileen can leave anytime. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Thank you.

IF EJ was soooooooooo upset about having the childhood she grew up in, you'd figure she'd keep her son by her side, just to make sure he doesn't turn into a turd that hates his mom?

Well she does give zero f&cks. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Sai said:

Hmmmm......I didn't hear anyone say it's ok if a man divorces and let's the mother raise the kids.  It's a terrible thing to do if you are a man or a woman.

I disagree strongly. Thank goodness for my grandparents.  They gave us stability.  It was the best thing our parents ever did for us. The times we did live with our father were disasters.  It would have been better if he had let us keep the stability we had.  The "terrible" thing he did was to take us to live with him.  

I don't know what the circumstances were.  Maybe it was for the best. Maybe it wasn't.  She and her son seem to have a good relationship now, and I'll let her son make the judgment.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:
2 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Thank you.

Teri Shields, Deborah Mathers, Mama June, Susan Smith and Mary Duggar appreciate you

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Eileen was essentially a no show. What the hell did she do this season ...NOTHING except shit and show up for a season total of three minutes to enable Rinna and 3 minutes to vex Dorit for an issues that didn't concern her. Must be nice to get a paycheck for sitting on her ass all season long on a toilet or lounge a psych couch.  

You forgot that riveting scene w/Vinnie tossing the ball to get in shape for tennis.  One toss, then wine/beer.  It was an Emmy performance.  Oh, and giving EJ "acting" lesson.  Wow I couldn't stop watching.  It was spellbinding. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, notnowimbusy said:

You forgot that riveting scene w/Vinnie tossing the ball to get in shape for tennis.  One toss, then wine/beer.  It was an Emmy performance.  Oh, and giving EJ "acting" lesson.  Wow I couldn't stop watching.  It was spellbinding. 

Livin' the life! lol! ;-)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Teri Shields, Deborah Mathers, Mama June, Susan Smith and Mary Duggar appreciate you

And who may they be?

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well she does give zero f&cks. 

I wouldn't expect anything less from an attention whore.

• Love 2
  4 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Thank you.

If she had kept her son at her side, perhaps he would have turned into a turd that hates his mom. Instead, she pursued her dreams, appears to be successful and happy, whatever you may think of how she got there, and she has a son who appears to be an exemplary citizen who loves (and lives with) his mother. Why quibble about the route they took to get to their happy outcome? Isn't the important thing that they're together and happy?

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Sounds like a good fit. I wonder why Pandora has Lisa's last name instead of Ken's? Is their son a Vanderpump, too?

I don't think she does have Lisa's last name. I've seen Pandora referred to as Pandora Todd, Pandora Vanderpump, Pandora Vanderpump Todd, and Pandora Sabo. I've also seen Ken referred to as Ken Vanderpump. If Pandora is using Lisa's last name, I imagine it's because Vanderpump is better known and it helps the sangria and vodka business because those products are named for Lisa.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think she does have Lisa's last name. I've seen Pandora referred to as Pandora Todd, Pandora Vanderpump, Pandora Vanderpump Todd, and Pandora Sabo. I've also seen Ken referred to as Ken Vanderpump. If Pandora is using Lisa's last name, I imagine it's because Vanderpump is better known and it helps the sangria and vodka business because those products are named for Lisa.

It could also be as simple as the writer of this article used Lisa's last name for Pandora without taking the time to learn her real last name. Sometimes reporters get lazy and don't make sure they have all the facts/basic information when they do an article. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

If she had kept her son at her side, perhaps he would have turned into a turd that hates his mom. Instead, she pursued her dreams, appears to be successful and happy, whatever you may think of how she got there, and she has a son who appears to be an exemplary citizen who loves (and lives with) his mother. Why quibble about the route they took to get to their happy outcome? Isn't the important thing that they're together and happy?

Does this apply to Erika's own "quibbling" about how own mom's maternal shortcomings? 

Again, the point is that Erika is lambasting others - specifically, Renee for being "hard on her" and treating her like an adult "when she really wasn't ready" - for the manner in which they responded to the challenges of motherhood while she herself took a pass on those very challenges. 

Not to mention expressing chagrin with "crybabies" in the same context as literally crying for her mom to support the narrative that she, Erika, wasn't raised sentimentally enough. 

1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

And who may they be?

I wouldn't expect anything less from an attention whore.

All of the enumerated are historically "bad moms." Susan Smith murder her sons; Mary Duggar and Mama June exposed their kids to sexual predators. 

Not sure what any of that has to do with pointing out the contradictions of logic in Erika's parenting critiques. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Does this apply to Erika's own "quibbling" about how own mom's maternal shortcomings? 

Again, the point is that Erika is lambasting others - specifically, Renee for being "hard on her" and treating her like an adult "when she really wasn't ready" - for the manner in which they responded to the challenges of motherhood while she herself took a pass on those very challenges. 

Not to mention expressing chagrin with "crybabies" in the same context as literally crying for her mom to support the narrative that she, Erika, wasn't raised sentimentally enough. 

Erika wasn't quibbling about anything.  If Erika's son has a problem with the way he was raised, he's perfectly capable of bringing that up with his mother, and very well may have.  And, just as it's his right to do so, it's Erika's right to confront her mother about her own childhood issues.  If Erika had been raised differently, perhaps she would have made different parenting choices.  But she wasn't, and she didn't, and everyone seems to have lived through it all.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Sounds like a good fit. I wonder why Pandora has Lisa's last name instead of Ken's? Is their son a Vanderpump, too?

It isn't that strange... my sister in law kept her maiden name, she and my brother decided that their daughters would have her last name and their sons his last name.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

All of the enumerated are historically "bad moms." Susan Smith murder her sons; Mary Duggar and Mama June exposed their kids to sexual predators. 

Not sure what any of that has to do with pointing out the contradictions of logic in Erika's parenting critiques. 

Erika "lambasted" her mother? Either that is extreme hyperbole, or I don't understand the meaning of the word. 

I just don't get the criticism here. Why the need to make it all so dramatic? To make like there is drama and conflict when it seems that none exists? She has feelings about the way she was raised, which makes her exactly like about 99% of the population. She is reflective enough to understand that some of the things that happened to her in her childhood have contributed to the person she is today - the good and the bad. She clearly loves and adores her mom. She lights up when she talks about her and the pride when she talked about her mom becoming a small-time actress in local plays was cute. 

Erika may or may not have been a good mother. I have zero idea. The fact of her motherhood has been made to be very little of her storyline. I forget she has a kid until someone on this forum mentions it. They seem to have a good relationship now, but maybe it all sucked for years. Maybe her son resented her. Maybe it was all really hard. I have no idea, and as far as I know, no one else does either. What I don't understand is what on earth that has to do with Erika calling out instances of her own childhood that were less than pleasant. Maybe Erika thinks she was a sucky mother. Maybe she has regrets. Either way, she is certainly allowed to have her own feelings about how she was raised, just as her son is allowed to have his feelings about his early life. 

• Love 12

She clearly loves and adores her mom. She lights up when she talks about her and the pride when she talked about her mom becoming a small-time actress in local plays was cute. 

Wait, don't you remember in the first episode of the season, when her mom arrived at Ericka's party, Ericka face had a stank bitchface look, and she asked Tom "Who invited that bitch to my party?"

Yeah, I don't remember it happening that way either...

• Love 5

I wonder if LVP is a tiny bit jealous of Kim for being a granny ? I could see Ken and Lisa basking in the joy that grandchildren bring. Pandora must be at least 30 ish now ( didn't they gift her that house on her 30th?) I wonder if perhaps Pandy and Jason don't want kids, have fertility issues, or are trying to further their careers first-although surely money isn't the problem...

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Erika "lambasted" her mother? Either that is extreme hyperbole, or I don't understand the meaning of the word. 

I just don't get the criticism here. Why the need to make it all so dramatic? To make like there is drama and conflict when it seems that none exists? She has feelings about the way she was raised, which makes her exactly like about 99% of the population. She is reflective enough to understand that some of the things that happened to her in her childhood have contributed to the person she is today - the good and the bad. She clearly loves and adores her mom. She lights up when she talks about her and the pride when she talked about her mom becoming a small-time actress in local plays was cute. 

Erika may or may not have been a good mother. I have zero idea. The fact of her motherhood has been made to be very little of her storyline. I forget she has a kid until someone on this forum mentions it. They seem to have a good relationship now, but maybe it all sucked for years. Maybe her son resented her. Maybe it was all really hard. I have no idea, and as far as I know, no one else does either. What I don't understand is what on earth that has to do with Erika calling out instances of her own childhood that were less than pleasant. Maybe Erika thinks she was a sucky mother. Maybe she has regrets. Either way, she is certainly allowed to have her own feelings about how she was raised, just as her son is allowed to have his feelings about his early life. 

For me it isn't about Erika's relationship with her mother, it is that she calls herself a "single mom", that she used "having kids young" and "raising" them as the reason she bonded with Kyle right away. Yes, for a while Erika was single and she is a mom but not in the context she used the term because she did not raise her son, her ex did. And yes, she was young when she had her son but she was no longer an active parent raising him by the time he turned 4 years old. Had she been honest about all of this I could respect that but she wasn't and she still isn't honest about it on the show. I also doubt that she would have talked about it had bloggers not discovered the truth about it last year. IMO, she doesn't talk about it because it doesn't fit into the narrative she wants us to buy into. Good grief, Lisa/Ken get ripped apart because they moved themselves and Max to the US after Pandora started school here, think of how they would freak out had they had willingly left Max behind!

• Love 10
Just now, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder if LVP is a tiny bit jealous of Kim for being a granny ? I could see Ken and Lisa basking in the joy that grandchildren bring. Pandora must be at least 30 ish now ( didn't they gift her that house on her 30th?) I wonder if perhaps Pandy and Jason don't want kids, have fertility issues, or are trying to further their careers first-although surely money isn't the problem...

People do tend to wait; started a generation ago! "I want to get my career established, I'm not ready, etc.," then sometimes it becomes too late! For LVP it's already getting late since she's already an old bag! People tell me she's isn't that ancient, but her attitude and movement belie it! ;-(

2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I am sure she is happy for Kim but also a bit envious. She has said that she is hoping for grandbabies soon several times since Pandora got married. It may just be that Pandora/husband want to wait a little before having any babies.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Then it is most likely because of name recognition, Vanderpump is is not a common name where Todd is more common and it is also a first name.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, I see Lisa Loopner every time I hear the name, "Todd".

• Love 5

I think it has something to do with child performers.  Children as performers, which Kim, Kyle and Erika all claimed to be are put in adult work situations and are expected to behave e a certain way.  Obviously Erika must have enjoyed performing because she continues to do so.  Maybe mothers of child performers are more removed because they have to be there when their children suffer rejections, criticism and of course success.  Erika also dropped a couple of clues that perhaps she was not the easiest child to get along with as was unable to learn piano from her mother the piano teacher.  She claimed they fought at the keyboard.  It would seem Erika didn't have much respect for authority.

Be it Kim or Erika, maybe they could work towards change in the way the treat others.  I really don't care all that much why a person treats another a certain way I would like to see them just change the behavior. I don't blame Erika for never wanting to let Dorit in-Dorit smoked that chance with the underwear stunt.  I do not think any less or more of Erika for not wanting to get close to  Dorit or PK.  Same with Kim and Eden.  First impressions are forever.  Just say it.  Well Kim kind of did to Eden.

What I do not understand is why Dorit thinks (apparently Eden as well) they are entitled to some pass to be friends with these women without regard for their behavior.  Certainly, Dorit doesn't go through life demanding acquaintances open up-so it comes off as BS.  Just as Erika proclaiming Kathryn ruined a chance  for friendship with LVP.  Hey dumbshit, don't say those things on camera.  Had Kathryn not repeated them, would that have not made Erika full of BS pursuing a friendship with the sniper from the side? 

Which brings me back to Ericka and her mom, it might have been better if mom would have been the one to open the conversation up about how Erika was raised.  The mother daughter conversation seemed very stilted.  The reality is what they had in common is they both missed Renee's parents.  From what Erika said, it sounded like her grandma was also no nonsense, so I didn't see the big mystery in why Renee might have been the same way.  Okay for grandma, not okay for mom, okay for me.   I think Tom said it best when on her birthday he said everyday is Erika day.  (I am paraphrasing.)

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ElDosEquis said:

As MY mom said to me once?

Anyone can have kids, but it takes someone special to be a parent.

What's sad is in this society you need to purchase a license to own pets, but any fool on the street is permitted to have kids with no real oversight! ;-)

• Love 4

I have no doubt Erika's mom is different now-who isn't?! She did stick around to raise her daughter, and waited until she was older to expand her horizons and get involved with things that interested her. It also seems she took care of her aging parents when they needed her. Insinuating that her mom was too hard on her makes Erika look bad in my opinion. Especially when you consider she put her own needs and wishes above those of her child's. Where was Erika when her beloved grandparents were aging and ailing??! 

Still want to know what the glam squad was up to in Georgia, ( hahaha)...

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

For me it isn't about Erika's relationship with her mother, it is that she calls herself a "single mom", that she used "having kids young" and "raising" them as the reason she bonded with Kyle right away. Yes, for a while Erika was single and she is a mom but not in the context she used the term because she did not raise her son, her ex did. And yes, she was young when she had her son but she was no longer an active parent raising him by the time he turned 4 years old. Had she been honest about all of this I could respect that but she wasn't and she still isn't honest about it on the show. I also doubt that she would have talked about it had bloggers not discovered the truth about it last year. IMO, she doesn't talk about it because it doesn't fit into the narrative she wants us to buy into. Good grief, Lisa/Ken get ripped apart because they moved themselves and Max to the US after Pandora started school here, think of how they would freak out had they had willingly left Max behind!

Yes, I get from the comments that this is a thing to some people. That some folks are outraged about the fact that on one or two occasions she has said something like this. It amuses and confuses me at the same time, and I was raised by an actual single mom who never had two cents to rub together or got a penny of child support. Yet I cannot imagining caring about something like this to the point where it outrages people, and I have read where some are outraged. If this was her focus on the show, her storyline that she played week after week in the same manner that Brandi played the poor cheated on spouse (even though she was) it would irritate me. But it isn't her "thing". She has mentioned it a couple of times. She doesn't appear to be playing it for sympathy or to make people like her more. Just a strange deal to me. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Juliegirlj said:

I have no doubt Erika's mom is different now-who isn't?! She did stick around to raise her daughter, and waited until she was older to expand her horizons and get involved with things that interested her. It also seems she took care of her aging parents when they needed her. Insinuating that her mom was too hard on her makes Erika look bad in my opinion. Especially when you consider she put her own needs and wishes above those of her child's. Where was Erika when her beloved grandparents were aging and ailing??! 

Still want to know what the glam squad was up to in Georgia, ( hahaha)...

I'm not about to judge; have no idea what the conditions were and how desperate all concerned may have been decades ago! It just wouldn't be fair! ;-)

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well, one accepted definition is "to criticize harshly." Just proclaiming of one's mother "I'll never be that fucking weak" qualifies by that metric to me let alone within the broader context of literally weeping about how said mother treated you as an adult before you were ready and really did treat you poorly. Maybe this is an expression of daughterly love or gentle constructive feedback in other milieu but, hey, language is subjective by definition.

For example, Erika seems to have a different interpretation of "single mom," "struggle," "exhaustive," "c***," "I only fly private," "I never watched the show even after signing," and "I didn't tell Yolanda anything" than the standard applications of those words would suggest. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Wait, don't you remember in the first episode of the season, when her mom arrived at Ericka's party, Ericka face had a stank bitchface look, and she asked Tom "Who invited that bitch to my party?"

Yeah, I don't remember it happening that way either...

I would have to watch it again, but I also thought Erika made a brief comment about them recently becoming closer. I never got the impression that they had a bad relationship, but that there have been times where they were closer and other times when they were not close.

I wonder if that visceral reaction she had to her mother crying informed her decisions as an adult. I think there's an argument to be made that a completely miserable parent who isn't getting anything out of their job other than a paycheck, may not be providing the best most nurturing home. It's also possible that she realized that being a parent is something that she thought she wanted, but it turns out that she's not super into it.*

*This is an almost verbatim statement that my mom gave to me. She said that she had kids because it was expected of her and had she and my dad divorced, she would have just given him sole custody. I asked if she would have fought even a little. Got a big old nope from her. My response was "Why must you tell me this on my 35th birthday?"

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Then it is most likely because of name recognition, Vanderpump is is not a common name where Todd is more common and it is also a first name.

It looks like, before she was married, she went by Pandora Vanderpump-Todd, and her brother is Max Todd.

• Love 2

Just proclaiming of one's mother "I'll never be that fucking weak"

I don't think she was referring to her mother with that phrase as a mother per se, I think it was referring to being treated badly by the man in her life.

• Love 6
Just now, AndySmith said:

I don't think she was referring to her mother with that phrase as a mother per se, I think it was referring to being treated badly by the man in her life.

Not everyone can turn into Miss Havisham of "Great Expectations!" How can you truly be in love with a man if when he walks away you aren't heartbroken? ;-)

• Love 2

How can you truly be in love with a man if when he walks away you aren't heartbroken? ;-)

I don't think it's a question of being heartbroken, it's how you react to the situation. Not everyone has to be curled up on the floor in a fetal position sobbing away to mean they are heartbroken when a man walks away from them.

• Love 2