Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Land Of The Lost

• Start Topic

I like the idea of the consequences involving Nate and Amaya getting a mention.  Rip's brain is a scary place.  Mick continues to be one of the wiser characters in his own way.  Gertrude. 

• Love 7

Rip's back!

Really entertaining episode.  We got Sara and Jefferson kicking ass, the return of Rip and his awesome "killing" of Ray, Mick, and Firestorm, Mick knowing more than the crew, "Stay in the urine perimeter", Gideon being hot, and "Martin not Rory!".  This season has been fantastic.

• Love 3

Nice to see LoT is still the "fun" show. Rip could still be evil, and we'd have enough to laugh about. Like Ray blocking Nate, and Mick reminding everybody he worked for the Time Masters.

Am I a bad person for seeing Sara and Sara and thinking/hoping they'd make out? I blame the Doctor Who shorts with Amy liking herself a little too much. At least we had Ripeon, so that's not a total loss. Gideon is nice. Was she modeled after somebody? I'm thinking yes on that.

Poor Nate. I hope there's a room on the Waverider where he can tearfully pound it. Then again, I think he's foolish enough to figure he could be Amaya's grandfather. That would make Vixen-2017 a quarter putz, but seeing how we got Lily, I suppose that can happen. BTW, Rip's bigger freakout: Lily Stein or the statue of Mick?

• Love 1

Ok I really liked the portion that took place in Rips brain and this episode and it's resolution reminded me of how much I missed Rip as a regular character amidst the crew.   Though the actor is REALLY good at being bad and that can't be reiterated enough.

I wonder how the dynamic will change in terms of leadership since Sarah as leader with Jax as her deputy is something I've gotten use to (and I really didn't think I would when this season first started).

I continue to really like the chemistry between Nate and Amaya.  I feel like it's being written and played where Amaya likes Nate, but Nate likes her MUCH more.  That could change as they go but that dynamic really suites a relationship between these two kinds of characters.   The least experienced of the two has absolutely know problem not making the whole thing heavy, while the supposed more experienced, practically sprouts HEART EYES whenever he looks at Amaya.  It's cute.   NO WAY Nate is going to be able to stay detached with Amaya.  And really cool use of powers with her this episode.   I also liked her affinity for animals, even snakes.

And nice wrench in the works with the mention of Mari, my one problem is that the actress the Flarrowgends Verse cast as Mari is one of my LEAST favorite actresses ever.  Good Lord, 4400, That 70's Show, I've never seen that girl not be wretched in anything.   I like Amaya much more than Mari in this universe so it's her story I'm interested in.   If Amaya's happy ending (Nate or no Nate) means fate goes a different way for Mari, I have know problem with that.

Micks always perfect.

• Love 4

Some really great stuff in this episode. I missed seeing Sara kick ass and got to see two Sara's kicking each other's ass. I want to know why Rip imagines his entire team talking like they are Batman. 

Human Gideon. I'm glad Amy Pemberton got to make an appearance on screen. Of course now every time Sara talks to her she's going to think of her as a hot woman. And Rip made out with his ship. 

I'm glad Mari was finally mentioned. So Ray knows about Amaya's life and how she dies. That would be hard to carry around while the person you know about is working with you. I did like her talking with the Gertrude the T-Rex. 

But now we will be on who's the Captain going forward issue. 

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

Though the actor is REALLY good at being bad and that can't be reiterated enough.

So true! I'll miss Evil Rip. Its amazing how much his hotness dropped (at least for me) once he became regular Rip again. Arthur Darvill really is such a good actor. He made them feel like completely different people. I hope Hot Evil Rip isn't gone for good.

I totally ship Rip/Gideon now, and maybe Sara/Gideon, also Rip/Sara just a little. I can't help it.

I look forward to the awkwardness of the two captains though. I hope Sara doesn't give up the title easily. 

Mick continues to be an absolute delight. Especially when he takes over Stein's science things. This is the second episode in a row and I'm digging it.

I couldn't care less about Nate and Amaya as a couple but I did enjoy Ray trying to get in their way. The three of them together are fun.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 10

The evil, growly versions of the Legends were Thawne's constructs, not how Rip thinks of them.  I was really pissed we didn't get evil Stein.   Also pissed they're hinting at Stein leaving.

I'm assuming Ray met Mari in the Arrow episode she appeared in?  Did she relate her backstory there or are we supposed to assume Oliver filled her in later?   And don't Jax and Stein know her too?  I thought Firestorm was in one of the Vixen episodes.  

I found the Nate/Amaya scenes cringeworthy.  Nate is such a putz.   I'm more than a little tired of the nerdy goofball (who happens to look like someone who aged out of a tween soap opera) pines for the super hot woman and wins her over.  

• Love 3

Real good episode.  I liked the return of Rip and the look into his mind though I'm concerned how it will affect this nice dynamic that's developed this season with Sara as leader.  Human Gideon was awesome.

• Love 2

What a great episode, possibly one of my favourites. Arthur Darvill brought his A-game and did not disappoint. I will say that I do prefer Evil Rip because he was so much more attractive, but I am still loving that Rip is still going to be with us. AD is such a terrific and underrated actor. You can see the difference in him after he's returned. The shame and regret as he's talking to Sara and then rejoining the team was an excellent acting moment for him. The way he hung his head, not knowing how the team would react and how he couldn't quite look everyone in the eyes at first, the way he reacted to Sara as the Captain.

Caity Lotz will always look good in black, which is why I'm disappointed she had to become the White Canary. Caity looked amazing in the last scene.

So, I think the most ridiculous thing they've done is have Rip/Gideon a serious pairing. I never ever thought that they would go that route. It was just so unexpected and I'm not sure whether I should even be seriously shipping them. Yet here I am, smiling like an idiot at their kiss in Rip's mind and how AI Gideon actually somehow remembers it. I'm guessing that Gideon used the technology to project herself in Rip's mind. I guess she only just appeared once Rip's mind was connected to that technology.

Nice of Ray to bring up Mari. I now wonder if Amaya's going to be sticking around past this season. I guess she could always leave next season or whenever they want to. Now, I get the feeling like Stein could easily leave by the end of this season. I do think their point was about Stein appreciating Jax more as a partner, but it could also be foreshadowing his exit on the team. But at least it seems like it won't be through death but by choice. 

The fight scenes between Sara and Evil Sara were amazing. The fact that we got two scenes of it was even better. Also, Rip getting temporary mind powers was cool to see. I actually really enjoyed it.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see Ray, Nate, and Amaya initially react to hearing about Rip's return, but that end scene really was great. 

• Love 6

This show continues to surprise me in the best way. OF COURSE Rip has the hots for Gideon. I don't know why it never occurred to me before. 

Sara vs Sara was great. She didn't back down even though that had to be super weird for her. And her Big Sis/Little Bro relationship with Jax is probably my favorite thing about this season and there have been a lot of things to love. 

One that does not qualify for me is Nate. I've been tired of him for a while and him doing things like trying to bone Amaya while in the Cretaceous period instead of waiting until the mission ends. I'm not forgetting Amaya going along with it, which also annoyed, but she at least contributed by talking Gertrude down. Nate could have been absent from the episode and nothing would have changed. That's how useless he was. Everyone else had a role to play but he was there to hit on Amaya. He's the Hawkman of season 2. 

I love Stein pouting every time Mick contributes to anything science related. They play off each other so well. 

Ray amuses me. Naming a T-Rex Gertrude was delightful. He's best at comedy and far away from romantic shenanigans. 

Did I hear the show acknowledge Sara's bisexuality? 

• Love 11

Admittedly, I will miss Evil Rip since Arthur Darvill was surprisingly menacing and even scary in the role, but I'm glad that Rip is back to himself now.  And, of course, I love that ended up being Mick who came up with the idea, thanks to his time with the Time Masters.  But I like that it was Sara and Jefferson who actually went into Rip's "mind" and break him out.  All the "evil" versions of the Legends was fun, and the Sara vs. Sara scenes were pretty great, and they did a good job at shooting them, without making it too obvious when they had use a stunt double, since obviously they can't just clone Caity Lotz and have her fight herself! 

Pretty cool of them getting Amy Pemberton to actually play human Gideon in Rip's mind.  But now I really want them to go all Star Trek: Voyager or something, and have her be a hologram or something, because damn!  As Sara said, she's hot!

Of course Ray would name a T-Rex he was in a never ending battle with Gertrude.  I loved that it was over him stealing an egg that ended up making 70 omelets ("I regret nothing!")  It feels like its been ages since I found him obnoxious went he was first introduced on Arrow.

Still not that wild about Nate and Amaya, which sucks since I generally enjoy Amaya as a character.  I rather she interact with the rest of the cast.  I missed the weird little relationship she had with Mick.

Mick and Martin continue to be a surprising pairing that I really enjoy.  Dominic Purcell and Victor Garber has gotten their banter down perfectly. 

Rip greeting the team was nice, but I really want to see his reaction to some of the craziness that has went down in his absence.  Where's a good place to begin, really?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

It did.

34 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Rip greeting the team was nice, but I really want to see his reaction to some of the craziness that has went down in his absence.  Where's a good place to begin, really?

So, there's a statue of a revolutionary and friend of George Washington's that looks an awful lot like Mick.

• Love 3

I loved the fight scenes between Sara and Evil Sara. I didn't like Ray telling Nate about Amaya's future. Ray didn't care about changing Kendra's future when they were together. I felt that should be Amaya's choice to make. I hope they aren't foreshadowing that Stein is leaving I hated him at first now I think he's great.

So THAT'S who the voice of "Gideon" is.. I get the feeling that Rip,Jax and Stein(with Ray's help) may pull a Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda and actually end up building some kind of humanoid robot and upload Gideon's AI into it.. just try and keep Sara as far away as possible should that happen in the season finale LOL

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I loved the fight scenes between Sara and Evil Sara. I didn't like Ray telling Nate about Amaya's future. Ray didn't care about changing Kendra's future when they were together. I felt that should be Amaya's choice to make. I hope they aren't foreshadowing that Stein is leaving I hated him at first now I think he's great.

Ray hadn't ever met a granddaughter of Kendra though.

The original Legends had been recruited by Rip as people who would not make any further marks on history.  Amaya is different, and part of her significance is in having her granddaughter, Mari (who has done some fairly significant things during her guest appearances on Arrow and in her own series).  Telling Amaya about her future ahead of time may well lead to a fairly big time aberration, or other disaster.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 6

Loved it. Funny and dramatic at the same time.

I still consider Legends to be the best of the DC CW shows. The team just clicks well together.

- -

notes:
- very "Doctor's Wife" episode with Gideon in a human body (and the voice actress could finally show her face!). "Killjoys" did a similar thing with Lucy. Here's to Gideon getting a body some time soon, but I'm afraid the writers will just forget about the kiss and had it a one time thing.

- not too happy with the whole 'Stein will be gone soon' anvils they keep dropping. Just stop, show. Just stop.

- Nate. I'm not a fan. He's ok but not front and center. But I'd be glad if his fate was to stay with Amaya in 1940's/1950's. Though I'd be sorry to lose Amaya. Like that one.

- Oh, Rip. Good to have you back. Enjoyed you as the most effective member of the Legion of Doom. The guys are doomed without you, pun intended. And, like every self-respecting Time Lord, erm, Master, Rip has an affection towards his time machine. ("Did you wished really hard?")

- So, who's the Captain? I'm thinking Sara will still keep the title. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ariah said:

- So, who's the Captain? I'm thinking Sara will still keep the title. 

I think it might be more of a job share thing. Rip clearly knows more about time and the Spear and whatnot but Sara's a much better leader. She certainly did a better job of keeping the idiots in line and on track for the most part but I think Rip's knowledge and relationship with Gideon keep him in contention.

I look forward to the inevitable awkwardness between them as the try to work it out. I imagine it'll probably just be Rip giving orders but the others still looking at Sara for the ok. 

• Love 2

I freaking loved this one. 

Gideon in human form was something I hoped the show would do and it's great they did it in this one. Rip, Sara and Jax's reactions to her were brilliant. I hope we see Amy Pemberton on screen again next season.

The whole entering Rip's mind to save him was handled brilliantly here and I like that he's back into the fold. However just have him and Sara co-captain the Waverider instead of demoting either one of them.

Ray, Nate and Amaya had an interesting b-plot of the week. Loved the callbacks to Ray's time there before and the discussion about Amaya and Mari's futures as well.

That said, I'd rather keep Amaya and lose Nate for next season.

Also some great moments with Mick and Stein in this episode and loved the set up for next week too, 9/10

• Love 4

I don't want to see Stein going either.  It makes me wonder if the real reason they are pushing this is because the Firestorm FX is too expensive.  They've barely joined together most of this season, even where there was no good reason not too.

The fact that Amaya can spirit form a dinosaur is pretty damn cool.

Definitely want to see Human Gideon again.

• Love 2

I think Sara would give the Captain role back to Rip. He will take it but then start second guessing himself during the mission, making Sara have to make the decisions. Then we'll have the team not fully trusting Rip and Rip not fully trusting himself. I think Rip will tell Sara she should stay in command, Sara will say he has the knowledge they need. So Sara will stay team leader and Rip will be the advisor.

• Love 4

And another thing that I realized: Mick has been through hell. He was subjected to brainwashing, torture and what-not at the hands of the Time Masters, he lost his best friend... yet did he get any professional help from his team? He's still being treated as an annoying afterthought. And he still keeps proving everyone wrong.

I love Mick Rory. Someone please hug him.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Ariah said:

And another thing that I realized: Mick has been through hell. He was subjected to brainwashing, torture and what-not at the hands of the Time Masters, he lost his best friend... yet did he get any professional help from his team? He's still being treated as an annoying afterthought. And he still keeps proving everyone wrong.

There really isn't anyone on the team qualified to give him professional help.  None of them are therapists.  And honestly, most of them show a few signs of trauma or mental illness themselves.

Gideon's the closest thing they have to any kind of medical professional (with Martin, Ray or Rip assisting), but from what we've seen of the Time Masters, I don't think mental health was high on their list of priorities.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Ariah said:

I'm pretty sure Mick would punch anyone who tried to hug him. 

Amaya seemed to be bonding with him a little, especially when they were in the old West but she got romanced with Nate so I guess that was the end to their little friendship.

I don't think he's an afterthought to anyone. He's definitely one of the crew and the others seem to see him that way. He's just the one that's going to be difficult about things, just like Rays the one who's going to be overexcited about things and Sara's going to be the one finding a random love interest along the way. They all have their roles to play ;)

• Love 3

I got caught up on the last three episodes last night. I thought for sure I would not enjoy Rip being brainwashed against the team, but it turns out that was more enjoyable than I expected. (Who taught Rory Williams how to be hot? Even his hairstyle was hotter!) But this was definitely my favorite episode of the three -- glad to have our Rip back. I really liked the trip inside his mind, the dueling Saras, and human!Gideon (though I was also chuckling at the glaring Doctor Who similarities).

Mick is possibly my absolute favorite on the team. Dominic Purcell never really wowed me before, but I wouldn't trade Mick Rory for anything.

I would, however, trade this Nate/Amaya storyline. Not doing it for me at all. Nate's kinda tolerable with some of the other team members, and Amaya definitely is, but these angst-filled destiny-impairing romances on this ship just fill me with intense disinterest.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Now, I get the feeling like Stein could easily leave by the end of this season. I do think their point was about Stein appreciating Jax more as a partner, but it could also be foreshadowing his exit on the team. But at least it seems like it won't be through death but by choice. 

No, it would pretty much need to be by death.  Martin and Jax have to be together to merge into Firestorm occasionally or Martin will die.  That was the main reason Martin kidnapped Jax into joining the Legends in the first place.

• Love 1

This was a fun episode.  This is the first time they have really referenced the "time scatter" that happened at the end of last season right?  I feel like it got glossed over in the opening of this season?  I vaguely recall scenes of various team members all across periods in history (I think one scene was of someone in Three Musketeers era France?).  Can someone please remind me of where they all were and how they got back together?

I like Nate and Amaya together, and I agree with the sentiment upthread that Ray was a bit hypocritical to tell Nate that he couldn't alter her future.  Last season, Ray knew that Kendra was destined to be with Carter in every timeline and for eternity, and yet he went ahead and pursued her anyways.

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Nice of Ray to bring up Mari. I now wonder if Amaya's going to be sticking around past this season. I guess she could always leave next season or whenever they want to. Now, I get the feeling like Stein could easily leave by the end of this season. I do think their point was about Stein appreciating Jax more as a partner, but it could also be foreshadowing his exit on the team. But at least it seems like it won't be through death but by choice. 

I think Amaya will stick around, if only because I don't see the show getting rid of a minority woman (unless they were going to replace her with another).  With the exception of Jefferson, the team is white enough as it is.

I wouldn't at all mind if Martin left the show.  I don't like the character at all.  He's next to useless in a fight (except for being there to call up Firestorm).  He provides the scientific knowledge, but apparently Mick is a lot more knowledgeable about future technology than it had appeared.  I just am so tired of Victor Garber's high-strung sputtering frenetic professor act.

• Love 1

I loved Ray this episode. He's very enjoyable in the role he has now taken.

Im still sad about Nate and Amaya and how Amaya has been reduced to nothing more than Nates love interest. I can't believe they replaced what was developing between her and Mick with this garbage.

The Rip/Gideon stuff was a true shock. I'm shocked the show went there. I wonder if it'll ever be brought up again. It'd be interesting if eventually Gideon was built a body.

Loved everything in Rips head. Sara vs Sara was awesome.

I loved all the Rip/Sara moments. Also loved Rip having powers in his mind.

I really hope Stein doesn't leave.

I loved the last scene with Rip greeting the crew.

• Love 5

I missed the first 20 minutes of the show because of basketball (they started the show already in progress), but what I saw was good. I liked the two Saras battling and the appearance of Gideon. The dinosaur scene and the end where Rip spoke with the rest of the crew was also good. 

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I just am so tired of Victor Garber's high-strung sputtering frenetic professor act.

I'm not.  I love Stein and Rory because they're such complete opposites.  You get the feeling that everyone else on the ship is slightly intimidated by Stein's education but Rory is just completely not.

I like the bit with "Evil Ray.  Evil Stein.  Evil Mick.  Well, I guess that's just regular Mick."

• Love 9

So it's now 100% certain that Rip is modeled after the Doctor, right?!!

I'm okay with it, as Steven Moffet once said: The Doctor true lasting love is the Tardis, I can see that with Rip as well. The legends will come and go but Rip and Gideon will stay together.

I have to say that kiss toke me by surprise, I didn't see it coming. I was sure he was gonna kiss Sara, i'm still sort of waiting for that to happen- too much tension there imo.

Arthur continues to be incredible, I will miss evil Rip, I thought Rory the Roman was hot but evil Rip was.. man.

Mick remains awesome, Sara v. Sara was awesome. Evil Ray not so much, but pre-historic Ray giving the T-rex (it was a T-rex right?) a name was cool.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Some really great stuff in this episode. I missed seeing Sara kick ass and got to see two Sara's kicking each other's ass. I want to know why Rip imagines his entire team talking like they are Batman. 

Human Gideon. I'm glad Amy Pemberton got to make an appearance on screen. Of course now every time Sara talks to her she's going to think of her as a hot woman. And Rip made out with his ship. 

I'm glad Mari was finally mentioned. So Ray knows about Amaya's life and how she dies. That would be hard to carry around while the person you know about is working with you. I did like her talking with the Gertrude the T-Rex. 

21 hours ago, dippydee said:

So true! I'll miss Evil Rip. Its amazing how much his hotness dropped (at least for me) once he became regular Rip again. Arthur Darvill really is such a good actor. He made them feel like completely different people. I hope Hot Evil Rip isn't gone for good.

I totally ship Rip/Gideon now, and maybe Sara/Gideon, also Rip/Sara just a little. I can't help it.

I look forward to the awkwardness of the two captains though. I hope Sara doesn't give up the title easily. 

Mick continues to be an absolute delight. Especially when he takes over Stein's science things. This is the second episode in a row and I'm digging it.

I couldn't care less about Nate and Amaya as a couple but I did enjoy Ray trying to get in their way. The three of them together are fun.

19 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

This show continues to surprise me in the best way. OF COURSE Rip has the hots for Gideon. I don't know why it never occurred to me before. 

Sara vs Sara was great. She didn't back down even though that had to be super weird for her. And her Big Sis/Little Bro relationship with Jax is probably my favorite thing about this season and there have been a lot of things to love. 

One that does not qualify for me is Nate. I've been tired of him for a while and him doing things like trying to bone Amaya while in the Cretaceous period instead of waiting until the mission ends. I'm not forgetting Amaya going along with it, which also annoyed, but she at least contributed by talking Gertrude down. Nate could have been absent from the episode and nothing would have changed. That's how useless he was. Everyone else had a role to play but he was there to hit on Amaya. He's the Hawkman of season 2. 

I love Stein pouting every time Mick contributes to anything science related. They play off each other so well. 

Ray amuses me. Naming a T-Rex Gertrude was delightful. He's best at comedy and far away from romantic shenanigans. 

I was awwwwing at  the little rock dolls Ray made!!! 

I'm glad that Ray wasn't shown to be clueless in regards to Nate and Amaya, he was being over the top on purpose. 

That was a nice speech from Sara to Rip to get him up to try opening the door.

Jax has really come into his own and he's becoming a favorite. I really hope the Martin and Mick talk was only about the fact that Martin needs to treat Jax as an adult and partner, and not about foreshadowing Martins departure from the Legends.

Are Gideon and Rip going to be a thing?? I'm not opposed to that.

Welcome back Mr. Hunter, we missed you.

41 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I'm not.  I love Stein and Rory because they're such complete opposites.  You get the feeling that everyone else on the ship is slightly intimidated by Stein's education but Rory is just completely not.

I like the bit with "Evil Ray.  Evil Stein.  Evil Mick.  Well, I guess that's just regular Mick."

^I laughed way to hard at that line!

Other things that made me laugh were from Mick: "Why didn't I get to go to Jurassic Park?" and "Your the only engineer."

And Sara when she told Jax to go back and get help because her wristband shocker thing was destroyed: "Hopefully Martin."

Edited by dkb
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, TDT said:

So THAT'S who the voice of "Gideon" is.. I get the feeling that Rip,Jax and Stein(with Ray's help) may pull a Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda and actually end up building some kind of humanoid robot and upload Gideon's AI into it.. just try and keep Sara as far away as possible should that happen in the season finale LOL

Maybe my profile pic gives this away,  but i would be completely okay with an avatar of Gideon.   That would be awesome.  I'm here for android stuff. 

I'm also glad they didn't matter of factly hand Rip back his only Captain status.   I'm hopeful for coCaptain.

• Love 1
On 3/7/2017 at 10:17 PM, Sakura12 said:

I noticed that Martin greeted Not-Evil Rip as "Captain... Mister Hunter".  I think he's already made his choice/

22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I now wonder if Amaya's going to be sticking around past this season. I guess she could always leave next season or whenever they want to.

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think Amaya will stick around, if only because I don't see the show getting rid of a minority woman (unless they were going to replace her with another).  With the exception of Jefferson, the team is white enough as it is.

If Amaya leaves, so do I.  Replacing her with "another black woman" just makes both of them disposable tokens.  Amaya has powers and personality and Maisie Richardson-Sellers is hot!

22 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

He's the Hawkman of season 2.

LOL.

One of them (Ray???) said that she was bisexual.

(edited)

Things I liked:

Sara vs Sara.

Mick (although that's true pretty much every week)

Gertrude.

Amaya channeling a dinosaur.

Rip kissing Gideon (because of course he would)

Rip's back!

Things I didn't like:

Nate and Amaya (why?)

Nate in general (although that's also true pretty much every week)

The fact the Legion of Doom apparently took the week off.

Things I'm iffy about:

The prospect of Stein leaving. Can he? He needs Firestorm to stay alive. Does Jax? As I understand it, if Jax were to die Stein would follow unless they somehow managed to find him a new merging partner. But would anything happen to Jax if Stein died? And if he did, would anyone bother to go back to 2017 to tell Clarissa and Lily? I'm not too bothered by the idea of losing Firestorm though. The show barely seems to remember he exists, and Jax has plenty to do as the engineer.

Ray. He's okay when he's not around Nate, but for some reason their nerdy bromance gets on my nerves.

The Captain issue. I hope they're going to leave Sara in charge, with Rip there for support.

Edited by KirkB
Added something.
  • Love 2
(edited)

They got me shipping Rip/Gideon. It's a ship about a ship! This is insane! And also, I'm now deeply worried about Gideon because I know (according to Flash season 1) Thawne gets her and changes her accent! Brainwashing Rip and killing Barry's mother is one thing, but you can't take Gideon away from Rip and the team, Thawne. You go too far!

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

What happened after the first time the 2 Sara's come face to face? Mine came back from commercial in progress and Sara and Jax were ok.

The two Saras fought.  Evil Sara effectively won the fight - she had Good Sara on the ground and was poised to kill her with her stick-things - but Jax shot her.  Sara's reaction: "Man, I'm a bitch in Rip's mind!"

It's good to have Rip back. 

I have mixed feelings about a lot of it though.  I see the foreshadowing for losing Stein.  I also think there was some pretty strong foreshadowing for Amaya leaving.  Sadly, because I'm really starting to enjoy her character. I loved the scene with her and the T-Rex.

The Rip/Gideon kiss didn't work for me like it apparently did for everyone else. I'm not sure why.  I loved The Doctor's Wife, but somehow this just...somehow didn't work for me.  But I hope we get to see Amy Pemberton again.

@bettername2come brings up a good point though.  According to The Flash, Gideon was created by Barry Allen, and sometime in the future she comes into the possession of Eobard Thawne, and her voice turns into Morena Baccarin's.  

Are we sure this is the same Gideon? (How many AIs named Gideon are there in the Flarrowverse?) I mean, I always assumed it was, but do we know that for sure? 

• Love 2

Good episode. The sfx when Sara meets white canary was so bad. Worst split screening ever. White canary was looking way to her left so Sara looked like she was taking to her right ear. I am surprised Sara didn't want to kiss herself, I mean what she doesn't find herself hot too?

The Ray and Nate coitus interruptus was really starting to bug me until Ray revealed he was doing it on purpose. I like that he explained Amaya's destiny to Nate. Jax really has come into his own on this show. His is the best character progression I think for this series. Seeing the actress who voices Gideon was awesome.

This show and Timeless really are covering the same plot lines aren't they.

• Love 1

I've got more to say and no time to say it so it'll have to wait, but I wanted to make one point:

Sara says in this episode that there's practically no difference between Evil!Mick in Rip's mind and Regular!Mick. I know the writers made that statement as a joke, but I also think they took the time to tell us it's not quite true.

When Sara is captured by the NegeLegends (really like that term) Ray and Mick, Mick grabs her and growls something rather aggressive in her ear - I can't find the exact quote, but it struck me as being rather suggestive as well.

And it hit me: for all of his faults, I don't think our Mick has ever done anything that would suggest he's ever assaulted women. Even when he kidnapped Caitlin way back when on the Flash, when he was at his most thuggish and brutish, while he was threatening and violent I don't remember him saying or doing anything that he wouldn't have said to anyone in that situation - there was no sense that he'd get sexually violent with her. And never in all his interactions with Sara, Kendra or Amaya have we ever seen him anything but respectful of their skills when called for and treating them like he treats the men on the ship.

It's obviously important from the view of the audience liking the character - I don't think anyone could root for Mick if he was a rapist - but someday I'd really like for the writers to make it explicit that sexual assault is at least one crime that can't be laid at his door. 

I think Gideon is the name of the program. You can change the name and voice of it. We saw that the other time Masters had AI's with different names. Thawne's Gideon was a different program and he choose an American voice. 

• Love 2