Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Painful Evacuation

Tara Ariano

Hannah interviews a respected author, who gives her advice on writing and being a woman. Meanwhile, Adam abruptly leaves the set of his latest acting job, so Jessa thinks they should embark on a creative endeavor of their own; Ray is shocked by the sudden death of a regular customer at the coffee shop; and Marnie is confronted with her narcissism.

Fuck - is Hannah pregnant?  That is not the face of a UTI or kidney infection, but the face of someone who just learned she is pregnant.

Spoiler

Damn..... I Googled it and she is.  

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Hrairoo said:

Is blood in your pee a common symptom of pregnancy?  Help a nulliparous broad out, here. ;)

It's not common but it happens.  The blood might not be in her urine but she could mistake the implantation bleeding as being in her urine because it's not period-like. 

I started this episode being all "so Hannah's going to be pregnant? Right?" So not really excited to watch.

Anyways. Adam gets a storyline and it's awful. Sorry to the people who actuallt ship Jessa  and Adam. I don't god damn get it. I was on bored for then for almost all of last season and the the season finale was incredibly scary and made no sense. I kind of hope Adam is blacklisted as an actor for walking out on that movie. Also Jessa you never grew out of a mental disorder. Also I would ever watch a movie about Jessa Adam and Hannah. 

Aw Ray deserves better than any character on this show. I know people like him and Sosh, I don't. I think there's someone better. It bugs me a lot that I shipped him and Marnie and they finally got an awesome moment last season and then the show ruined it for reasons. Times like this I hate this stupid show. 

I'm over the Desi character. He's not even funny annoying anymore. Like I really hate anytime he's on screen now and I know everyone on these forums except for me apparently hates Marnie but I don't and the she's getting the blame for Desis drug problem?!!! God. It's moments like these that are making me ten seconds away from not wanting to watch any of this final season and changing the channel To Fued or something. Desi is the worst. And yes I know Marnie made desis drug problem all about her but also Desi sucks as a person. He was awful even before he and Marnie became officially a couple. 

Patrick Wilson!!!!! Holy cow. The show got me. And finally a callback to a bottle episode. And Hannah's knocked up. 

I like Sosh s top in her scene with Ray. 

Poor Ray and Hermei! 

• Love 3

Wow!  This episode felt like it was a minute and a half.  I usually have to watch twice because I fall asleep, but this one kept me awake.  Ok.  Pregnant.  I would not want it to got there and I did not see that coming.  Well, everyone was posting about how her "oh fuck" was in relation to her being pregnant, so when the "oh fuck" was because she ran into her old doctor lover, I was like "oh good, not pregnant".   Then....  Well, this will be interesting.  Poor Ray.  I won't say "poor Hermie" cause it looks like he fell asleep, and, there was no suffering.  

But, Jessa and Adam.  Jessa always was a bit sociopathic, but she had a tiny streak of decency that has just disappeared.  Same with Adam.  He would come off as a weirdo, but the decent guy would seep through.  Now  these delusion twins show up at Hannah's door.  Was she supposed to be excited for them?  What the hell were they thinking.

I never had a problem with Adam and Jessa getting together.  Hannah has no right to be pissed.  She and Adam broke up.  He asked her back, she said no.  Jessa and Adam could have been more tactful with how they handled things though.  But now they are both acting very different from who they were in the beginning.

And Desi.  Marnie is self absorbed.  What 20 something isn't?  Desi put the pills in his mouth.  Desi made that choice.  No one can make you do what you don't want to do.   I don't think a therapist would really let him get a way with blaming Marnie.  That wasn't realistic, but Desi had the typical addict part down!  It's always someone else's fault!  Fucking addicts.

Good show!  I will miss these girls when they are gone.  

• Love 7

I hate-watch for Marnie and Desi and love-watch for Ray and Elijah.

Marnie and Desi deserve each other as lovers/partners.

Hannah and Marnie deserve each other as best friends. 

Jessa and Adam deserve each other's crazy ass.

Shosh deserves slightly better than most of the characters.

Ray and Hannah's fetus deserve better than any of the characters on this show.

That said, I really enjoyed the episode and it did go by quickly. 

• Love 3

What a sloppy episode.  I was looking forward to the return of a narrative but this was trying too hard and failed miserably.  Too much foreshadowing, too many balls in the air, too much trying to cram everything in.  I saw Patrick Wilson as the ER Doc from a million miles away (i.e. last week's promo)  ... not that he wasn't a welcome sight.

Really hoping they tighten things up over the next few episodes.

• Love 2

"Will you tickle my back?"  LOVE.  It makes sense that other people besides me are into this, but I just don't think I've ever encountered it in televised, filmed, or written form before.

"I have bruises all over my body from the two hour massages I need to deal with your drug addiction."  Oh, Marnie.  (Where does she get the money for those massages?  Does she have a job?)

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, SlackerInc said:

"I have bruises all over my body from the two hour massages I need to deal with your drug addiction."  Oh, Marnie.  (Where does she get the money for those massages?  Does she have a job?)

I was wondering about the money, too. The massages, plus the Uber rides she takes because she can't meditate on the subway - it's not cheap to be Marnie.

Joshua!!! I felt like that was wedged in there to prove wrong the people who were saying that a man like him would never be attracted to a woman like Hannah, and that their fling must have been a dream sequence. Not complaining though, Patrick Wilson is always welcome on my screen. How far along is Hannah supposed to be in her pregnancy if Joshua assumed she knew? Doctors usually broach that subject much more delicately. And then he just blurted out the stuff about abortion. Usually doctors do the dance of "if you'd like to discuss your options..."

Poor Hermie! I didn't see it coming since I didn't think there would be two deaths in one episode. Colin Quinn makes everything better, so I'll miss him.

I love Ray, but is he stupid? How did he not notice the fakest faked orgasm ever?

• Love 7

Hermie has been sick since season 2. I just never thought they were going to kill him off. He was always so vague about what his sickness was. I wonder if he left Ray the coffee shops enterprise. There isn't just Rays, there's the original Grumpys. 

Surfer Dude is the father, right? So.. what is the timeline from that? Because yeah.. I never know what the time timeframe of this show is. But whatever. Surfer Dude is the only she's had sex with this season- unless they're allowing Fran to be a suspect, but yeah timeline needs clarification. 

• Love 2

Hmm they're going to end the series with Hannah being a single mother?

Now had they planned or wrote this arc when Lena put her foot in her mouth about wishing she had had an abortion?

Strange that the doctor brought it up, offering to take her to a colleague he knew.  Yes obviously an unplanned surprise to Hannah but seems presumptuous to suggest that route first.

She's educated but hasn't secured a sustainable career to support a child, though of course the parents would support her.  But beyond finances, raising a child will demand attention and energy away from her aspirations.

Of course it's a bit on the nose that the Tracy Ullman character talks about childless women writers.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, scrb said:

Hmm they're going to end the series with Hannah being a single mother?

Now had they planned or wrote this arc when Lena put her foot in her mouth about wishing she had had an abortion?

Strange that the doctor brought it up, offering to take her to a colleague he knew.  Yes obviously an unplanned surprise to Hannah but seems presumptuous to suggest that route first.

She's educated but hasn't secured a sustainable career to support a child, though of course the parents would support her.  But beyond finances, raising a child will demand attention and energy away from her aspirations.

Of course it's a bit on the nose that the Tracy Ullman character talks about childless women writers.

Yeah. I guess this throws off my speculation that Hannah gets all of her dreams of being a best selling author. Or maybe she does get all her dreams and a baby too.

But yeah she has no real job and if her parents say they will support her, I sense a term with that. I think they may force her to move back to her hometown so she's closer to them. Or at least I think her mom will suggest it.

I just don't get the point of this ending the series either. I mean sure babies force people to grow up, but still.. so yeah Lena has surprised me with this ending but I don't understand the point. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Adam, Jessa, Marnie and Desi were in a challenge match to be the worst this episode.   Jessa seemed like she was on drugs again.  Seriously, what kind of Little Rascals "Let's put on a show!" BS is this movie idea?  Sure, it's easy.   Anyone can do it.  I hope Alfafa sings at the end.

Marnie and Desi were challenging for who was the most selfish.  Marnie is not responsible for Desi's drug use.  That's on him.  Any counselor who let's him blame someone else is a hack.  Marnie is too self-focused to help him in recovery.  Then again, she's too self-focused to notice anything beyond her own navel.  More meditation should fix it.  /snark

Hannah with a baby sounds horrifying.

With the two deaths, maybe Ray will break free from Marnie and their terrible relationship. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

Adam, Jessa, Marnie and Desi were in a challenge match to be the worst this episode.   Jessa seemed like she was on drugs again.  Seriously, what kind of Little Rascals "Let's put on a show!" BS is this movie idea?  Sure, it's easy.   Anyone can do it.  I hope Alfafa sings at the end.

Marnie and Desi were challenging for who was the most selfish.  Marnie is not responsible for Desi's drug use.  That's on him.  Any counselor who let's him blame someone else is a hack.  Marnie is too self-focused to help him in recovery.  Then again, she's too self-focused to notice anything beyond her own navel.  More meditation should fix it.  /snark

Hannah with a baby sounds horrifying.

With the two deaths, maybe Ray will break free from Marnie and their terrible relationship. 

I find it funny that the best character out of this show about Girls is a guy named Ray. And Soshonna is pretty awesome but that's because she's sort of become non existent. Sure she had an arc in episode 2 but considering we only get like a handful of episodes in hbo shows I doubt we will go back to that.

I don't want Ray with Sosh. I like them as friends. I would prefer it if he dated someone out of this little group of friends that just circle back and forth between each other. Someone closer to his age and someone who is an actual grown up.

I also sincerely wish they would ditch Desi for good. I no longer find him enjoyable.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

(Where does she get the money for those massages?  Does she have a job?)

She doesn't need a job to get money! Money LITERALLY grows on trees! Look it up!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Love Tracey Ullman. Can't believe I didn't recognize her in the preview.  And loved those mugs.  

For me it was her voice. As she's known for the myriad of characters she can play, it wasn't by looking at her that told me it was her...it was the sound of her voice. I really enjoy Tracey Ullman and was happy to see (hear lol) her. 

Hannahs comment about taking her expired antibiotics (after the Drs abortion talk) worried me as some of them cross the placenta and are not good for her developing child. The Dr should have minimally asked her which ones. 

• Love 7

I know mileage varies on this, but to me Desi remains one of the funniest characters on TV I've ever seen. The bit where he's slurping his water down and his therapist responds by nodding approvingly when he finishes the glass in one go killed me. 

Jessa and Adam both seemed like they were high. I think the After the Episode bit said that they were "seemingly sober," which is an odd choice of words.

Hannah has found the best way to deal with drama hounds like Jessa: shrug your shoulders. Jessa looked like she was fiending for some big blowout or dramatic, emotionally-wrought discussion, and Hannah hilariously denied her.

I wish Elijah had a storyline of his own, but his few lines were great. "Sorry I'm using my pizza hand."

• Love 14
(edited)

I thought this episode was Hannah and Ray getting their "It's time to grow up" or maybe even "Bang! You're the grownup!" calls - things they can't deny, change, or work around. I assume the others will have those moments, too, soon, and it will be interesting to see which ones actually accept the challenge and which don't. I'm sure Desi's therapist was meant to be a perfect example of a *bad* therapist.

I thought Dunham did a fine bit of acting in that scene. I also appreciate that for once in a sitcom a woman learns she's pregnant from a physical sign *other* than throwing up. Now, the question is, can the lead character of an American (comedy) series, even on HBO, be allowed to actually have an abortion? I don't think her initial uncertainty is much indication of what she'll eventually do.

Edited by wendyg
  • Love 8
(edited)

I am unthrilled by the pregnancy storyline and hope Hannah actually does not go thru with it. I don't need to see Hannah with a baby. I'm uninterested in babies, just in general, and Hannah can barely get herself together every day; the idea of her with a child is disturbing.

I did not foresee Dr. Dreamy showing back up, so that was a nice surprise, for me, anyway. Her almost immediate reaction to him seemed to be semi-hostile, which I was slightly confused by. Is she still nursing a wound that he found her complete neurotic neediness unappealing?  I was also, as someone who gets fairly frequent UTIs (sorry, TMI on the UTI), screaming at Hannah for not getting some drugs from him.

Jessa and Adam continue to amuse me, even when they should not, tho jessa's shrugging admission that she used to hurt animals was extremely not funny. I still find them interesting, and watch for them weekly, so I'd probably watch a movie based on the them. Their belief that Hannah would want to be in any way involved was lacking in judgement or empathy, in a way....and yet, their wanting her approval or permission or involvement could also be taken as kind of sweet or thoughtful, tho probably not. And after all, Hannah used the situation for her art, so why should they not?

Why has Shosh not told Ray about Marnie cheating on him with Desi? And Marnie, despite her apparent willingness to be bent over a kitchen sink, looks like the worst sex partner on earth. Poor Ray. Poor skinny, pale, soft Ray. I have no actual sympathy for him over Marnie, but him finding Hermie was hearthbreaking.

Elijah gives me joy. Every line,  and line read,  last nite was purely inspired.

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I am unthrilled by the pregnancy storyline and hope Hannah actually does not go thru with it. I don't need to see Hannah with a baby. I'm uninterested in babies, just in general, and Hannah can barely get herself together every day; the idea of her with a child is disturbing.

7 hours ago, scrb said:

What sucks is she is finally getting to place where she can build a legitimate name for herself.  I do believe Hannah does have a unique voice in her writing and she is getting enough attention to book steady gigs.  She is on the cusp of having a solid freelance career in a couple of years, as long as he keeps at it consistently.

Some of this is dependent on her being free at a moment's notice, to take assignments like the surf camp.  Perhaps, her mother will come to NY and live with her and Elijah?  Her mother seems like she wants to live vicariously through Hannah,  now that her marriage is a sham.  However, that would probably drive Hannah crazy.

I appreciated and hated it when Adam's sister had a baby and she did not turn into a stable awesome human being.  She had a lot of emotional issues and it was sad and not surprising when she abandoned the baby with Lars.

I hope Hannah at least puts the baby up for adoption.  She is not ready for a child at this time in her life and she has time to have one later, when her career (and life) are more stable.

I was scared that the doctor was going to ask her out, after telling her she is pregnant.  That they would eventually get married later in the season and that would solve all her problems (the doctor seemed thrilled to see her).  This would be way too much handsome knight in shining armor comes in and saves the day, which I usually expect a little better from this show.

Though, it would be funny to see Marnie's reaction to pregnant Hannah snagging a handsome and emotionally stable doctor.  I do not know why, but Marnie seems like the type of girl that would be competitive about those type of things.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, Hrairoo said:

Is blood in your pee a common symptom of pregnancy?  Help a nulliparous broad out, here. ;)

It's been awhile but from what I remember, you are actually a bit more susceptible to bladder infections in early pregnancy. So she did legitimately have a bladder infection putting blood in her urine. But the fact that she kept getting them was likely attributed to pregnancy. 

Honestly, Hannah should move back home with her mom if she wants to have the baby. I had a baby in Chicago and had a good job and a husband with a good job and a baby in the city is stupid expensive. Infant daycare was $465/week a decade ago. 

• Love 3

I went back and watched the doctor episode, and the new episode contains a reference back.  At the end of the new episode Hannah is lying with her head on Elijah's knee and he strokes her head. In the Patrick Wilson episode, she lies on Wilson's knee about halfway through, but it's posed as a mirror image. I would never have remembered that without rewatching. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Muffyn said:

And let's hope it's "Wookin Pa Nub!"

Lena always looks so pretty on the After the Episode.  It is hard to reconcile that it is the same person.

Why is Tracy Ullman not on my tv more??

(edited)

Due respect, to WhosThatGirl, I empathize with shipping disappointment on television; I'm often left dissatisfied. That said, I really came into girls via Shoshanna and Ray, although I've come to enjoy other aspects, even Hannah-centric episodes like the surfer one. When it appeared that Ray was in love with Marnie, I was positive it was Lena Dunham working the character hierarchy of the show - Allison Williams and Dunham are really the consistent female leads over Mamet and Kirke, so of course they would be assigned the two male leads (Ray and Adam), and Ray was done for. I was extremely unhappy about it and found it completely unbelievable. On paper I believe that sure, Ray was the "type" who would want what he thinks is the girl he could never have, but he's really never been that type of guy in practice,and I didn't buy that he'd always been a Marnie critic because of what she represented. And it's true, I'm one of those who does not like Marnie. The only times I've ever liked her has been with Desi, or that bottle episode with Charlie.

I have generally positive feelings towards this season, building on last season, which was a favorite. Money continues to be a WTF for me. The apartments look like the apartments that people with little money would scrounge to get and pay a fortune for, so props to Girls for that, but there is no indication where these girls get the $$ to pay the fortune even the most tenement-looking digs (like Marnie's) will cost in Williamsburg. I'll assume Shosh's parents still underwrite her a bit, and I'll assume that as a working actor, Adam has a comfortable income. He's WORKING, working, doing commercials and film, and those pay well, even at his level. But Hannah and Marnie have me completely lost as far as how they're sustaining themselves.

Personally, I give Girls credit for the Desi character. Once he stopped being Marnie's sexual tension guy and began to be ridiculous, I assumed Desi was on his way out, except that Marnie continued to show signs of interest, such as being jealous of his Lisa Bonet girlfriend. But he kept sticking around, and I now believe they deserve each other and will end up together. Something about Desi got him cast on Broadway, so I think he'll get his act together and start making money, which will make Marnie happy-ish. Desi is usually the type of character I find REPULSIVE-repulsive, not funny, the type of character a show finds more amusing than the audience finds him, a real irritant. But I just like watching the actor work - I think he's hilarious.

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

"Will you tickle my back?"  LOVE.  It makes sense that other people besides me are into this, but I just don't think I've ever encountered it in televised, filmed, or written form before.

If tickling her back means 'gently stroking', then me too. My dad used to do this when I was a child and I still find it comforting. (btw, dad stroking my back wasn't in a creepy way)

And good point... is anyone on this show working besides Ray & Shosh? And is working in a coffee shop really enough to rent your own apt. in NYC?

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, HollyG said:

If tickling her back means 'gently stroking', then me too. My dad used to do this when I was a child and I still find it's comforting. 

And good point... is anyone on this show working besides Ray & Shosh? And is working in a coffee shop really enough to rent your own apt. in NYC?

Ray is the manager at the coffee shop, where I assume he pulls down a decent salary. But he also has a roommate. 

I don't think Lena Dunham has ever had to worry about money in any sort of real, concrete way, so it makes sense she has these characters leading expensive lives without delving into how they're financing them. 

• Love 5

Doesn't Ray have an ownership interest in the coffee shop? A couple of seasons ago, he had a conversation with Shoshanna outside some event, where he described the positive direction his life had taken, and I think it included a stake in the coffee shop.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Ray is the manager at the coffee shop, where I assume he pulls down a decent salary. But he also has a roommate. 

I don't think Lena Dunham has ever had to worry about money in any sort of real, concrete way, so it makes sense she has these characters leading expensive lives without delving into how they're financing them. 

To be fair, that's the way of pretty much most TV shows and movies. The gang on Friends could never have afforded most of their apartments. or happy endings or big bang or two broke girls or new girl or carrie bradshaw, etc etc.

• Love 8

One of my favorite story arcs is the one where Shoshana was having problems finding a job, after turning down an initial offer, for a job she thought was beneath her.

Most shows have female characters leading whirl wind lives of romance and glamour and I love it when they have to deal with practical issues.

Girls is not a glamorous show, but the character rarely worry about money.  Marnie is going through a divorce and can still maintain ubers and massages, with no means of support.

I can imagine Hannah doing okay with her budding writing career.  The practical concerns have gotten pushed aside, since the pilot had Hannah's parent refuse to keep supporting her.

• Love 4

Remember, in TV shows, characters who are portrayed as struggling or not well-off are always living in places they wouldn't be able to afford.

At least Girls doesn't show them living in what would be multimillion dollar apartments.

But not sure why the show had to be located in NY, other than Lena probably wanted it, though with Hannah being an aspiring writer, it makes sense.  Plus they got some mileage in the first season out of her depending on her parents and about all the characters not always making responsible choices.

Patrick Wilson! Hey, fancy seeing you again!

Poor Ray. I wonder if Hermie left him the coffee franchise, and that's where Ray will end up. I don't know if I want Ray to end up with Shosh, because I like they're friendship and their romance was kind of a mess, but he REALLY needs to not be with Marnie. He deserves better. I did like the conversation between him and Shosh. "That got real".

Hannah with a child? That's a horrifying prospect. I wouldn't let Hannah watch my plant for a weekend, let alone leave her with a child. I hope she puts the kid up for adoption, and maybe writes a book about it. Adoption is the least shown option on TV ( it always seems to be between abortion or raising the child on their own) and it would be interesting to see Hannah navigate that process. You could get some good, funny guest stars to be perspective adoptive parents, people debating abortion/child raising issues, there's some good stuff to mine out of that, even if its the home stretch.

Marnie and Desi deserve each other. They're both utterly ridiculous on every level. Desi, your drug addiction is not Marnie's fault. Marnie, Desis drug problems are not all about you. He isn't even your husband anymore, you have a boyfriend! Who you have weird sex talk with and apparently wont go to dinner with! Also, I just saw Get Out (really interesting movie) and Marnie (well, Allison Williams) is one of the main characters, and I swear, I spent the whole movie being like "This is such classic Marnie".

I'm pretty sure Adam and Jessa are on drugs again. They were both acting even more weird and manic than usual, plus Adam stomping off his movie because he cant take directions. Also, what the hell was Adams movie about? It looked kind of awesome. I would watch it.

• Love 4

I'm not interested in watching Hannah  navigate parenthood either. I however suspect that's where we are going. I feel like everyone is probably going to have the same reaction that Dr. Joshua did, they will assume Hannah won't want to be a mother. At least not right now and Hannah being Hannah will take offense and then have a baby to prove a point. 

This show definitely feels really different this season. I can't put my finger on it. I just feel like a dislocation feeling when I watch it compared to other seasons. Maybe it's just me. 

• Love 4

Good episode, I didn't have the same problems with it that some others did. Lena did a great acting job with the "reveal." I could feel the wind being knocked out of her. And she really does always looks so pretty in the aftershow.

Patrick Wilson! (he's also so pretty)

Oak! (Hamilton fans, you'll know)

Marnie is horrible

Elijah is still the greatest

• Love 3

As a NYer, I'm just super conscious of where people live when they're supposed to live in NYC.  OTOH, there are plenty of people who are servers in coffee shops and small restaurants, or they teach yoga, and somehow it's enough to pay the rent / the bills. Very often it's split with a partner or spouse though. Girls does a really really good job showing us what these struggling artist / low income apartments really look like in hot areas like Williamsburg, but Hannah's employment is so intermittent, as is Marnie's, I'm always distracted. Hell, the 2-hour massages she's been getting are at least $200 a session, based on what is a fairly standard $100./hour experience in the NYC area (more or less, but never that much less). Clearly in NYC it's the fact that a couple of these girls are able to afford to live in the city at ALL, particularly in a hot area like Williamsberg, that challenges reality, not the apartments themselves, which are pretty realistic looking - and would still cost a fortune despite being glorified tenements.

The show doesn't feel different to me this season. It's actually improved as a show, IMO. Hannah makes me laugh. She's an interesting character - she has all the entitlement, audacity, desire to shock, assertiveness, randomness, exhibitionism and irresponsibility of a woman who is much more beautiful, and I honestly think that drives some of the rage I see on social media. I would also include her fashion sense, her wearing clothes that exposes her, her following trends when she is not someone most people want to see representing trends.  Jessa is impossible, and has the drug history, but she's also a familiar type. I think we can see Jessa as someone who was enabled because of her sex appeal and bohemian glamour, but Hannah? How dare she.  The character has had a big influence on fashion in NYC; I see a lot of Hannah's running around as far as how they dress, and I think that's a good thing.

IMO the dislocation comes from the aging of the girls themselves. Their situations in life have become more urgent. They're not in that post-collegiate figuring it out stage anymore. They connect intermittently, not routinely.

P.S. - for me, Jessa and Adam appear to be settled in for the long haul, established in a way that I never felt with Adam / Hannah.

• Love 7

You guys are funny hoping Hannah gives the baby up for adoption. I think she'll miscarry because I simply cannot imagine her going full term.

Adam has put on some weight (probably for another role) and it's not attractive. Somehow I don't see him and Jessa for the long haul, mainly because he has standards and sensibilities and sensitivities and she has none.

Wish there was more Shoshanna. She is one of my faves. Sad about Hermie. Hopefully Ray will take his advice to heart.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I'm pretty sure Adam and Jessa are on drugs again.

Has Adam ever been a drug addict? I thought his issue was alcohol, not drugs.

1 hour ago, DianeDobbler said:

Girls does a really really good job showing us what these struggling artist / low income apartments really look like in hot areas like Williamsburg, but Hannah's employment is so intermittent, as is Marnie's, I'm always distracted.

I don't think anyone on Girls lives in Williamsburg. Hannah and Elijah live in Greenpoint. Marnie lives in the city - she bragged a few seasons ago that now that she's in the city, she could never live in Brooklyn again. Ray's apartment (the one Adam and Jessa are living in now) is also not in Williamburg since Marnie once complained how long it took her to get there. Shosh's apartment before she moved to Japan was in Nolita. I'm not sure where her current apartment is, maybe she's the only one living in Williamsburg.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Has Adam ever been a drug addict? I thought his issue was alcohol, not drugs.

He has been more of an alcoholic and not a drug addict, but I cant imagine getting high with your druggie girlfriend is great for someone in any kind of substance recovery. I'm not an expert or anything, its just what I've picked up from other people.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Why has Shosh not told Ray about Marnie cheating on him with Desi?

Maybe because she's the one decent person amongst these horrible girls, and she realizes it would hurt him to tell him.

• Love 3