Type keyword(s) to search

TAR in the Media

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Seelouis said:

I am soooo upset! I’m in the DC area and just realized I can’t watch it. I have been waiting all day for this!  I’ll have to watch once they post the episodes on line. Arghhhh!!!

Same here and I don’t do Paramount +

I am in pain here

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Same here and I don’t do Paramount +

I am in pain here

I signed up for the 7 day free trial, watched and then cancelled. Hope the issue is resolved by next week. 

Edited by Seelouis
32 minutes ago, Seelouis said:

I signed up for the 7 day free trial, watched and then cancelled. Hope the issue is resolved by next week. 

Good call. I might do that next week if it is not resolved. I think it will be available on demand if they resolve the issue. 

FYI, if the issue is not resolved by next week, the CBS ws always has eps online the next day to watch for free during a certain timeframe (not exactly sure what that is, maybe a week or more...?) before they lock the content to cable subscribers only.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Ramona Quimby said:

FYI, if the issue is not resolved by next week, the CBS ws always has eps online the next day to watch for free during a certain timeframe (not exactly sure what that is, maybe a week or more...?) before they lock the content to cable subscribers only.  

Thanks for the reminder, just put it on

I believe they’re still using the CBS only app for CBS shows. (As I have both Paramount+ and Apple TV+, it’s not an issue for me. In looking at the Apple + page for  tv shows, it now mentions a season pass for TAR 33, but it hasn’t shown up yet in the ITunes Store. Mystifying, to say the least. I’ve rewatched both episodes there, and the only difference is now that the closing credits appear in that new style and then the traditional closing credits with the TAR theme. The secongd episode has the previously s and the opening sequence, and then resumes with all the ten remaining teams with their departure time. But I can understand why they restored the episodes to be separate. It takes a while to download two-hour episodes because of the file size.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:16 PM, theschnauzers said:

I believe they’re still using the CBS only app for CBS shows. (As I have both Paramount+ and Apple TV+, it’s not an issue for me. In looking at the Apple + page for  tv shows, it now mentions a season pass for TAR 33, but it hasn’t shown up yet in the ITunes Store. Mystifying, to say the least. I’ve rewatched both episodes there, and the only difference is now that the closing credits appear in that new style and then the traditional closing credits with the TAR theme. The secongd episode has the previously s and the opening sequence, and then resumes with all the ten remaining teams with their departure time. But I can understand why they restored the episodes to be separate. It takes a while to download two-hour episodes because of the file size.

It was the opposite for me. After my CBS All Access turned into Paramount, I could not watch anything on All Access, just Paramount. Until I got Fubo, all my CBS watching (TAR, Survivor, Big Brother, football) was on Paramount.

As noted in the other article, all racers do get some prize money just for participating. So I wonder how this race is doing it considering it is an interrupted race.

Spoiler

So we have 4 teams that had to drop and couldn't restart, and 2 teams that returned. 

So do they just reset the prize pools? The 4 teams that dropped equally split the bottom 4 prize pools, and the returning teams 'forfeit' their original placement prizes and will get whereever they place now? 

In other words Michael & Moe will get the 7th place prize instead of 11th? 

I didn't look at the article just above. I take it the teams that are not returning don't need to be sequestered while the rest of the race is being run? I didn't look in the spoiler threads, but I'm sure someone would have noticed them going silent (or staying active while other racers were silent)

46 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

I take it the teams that are not returning don't need to be sequestered while the rest of the race is being run?

Can't think why. They were not present at the mini-restart at the beginning of leg #4, so viewers will not be speculating about whether they win the race or not.

• Love 1

I watched the first few episodes of the Secrets of Playboy on A&E and who shows up on my screen in defense of Hef and his bad behavior? Jonathan the wife pusher, of Jonathan and Victoria fame. Of course he's a Hef defender. Ew. 

• Useful 2

I wonder who this was?

"We had one team order over $300,000 worth of tickets for one flight, it was just ridiculous," says van Munster. "They would book every flight out of town! So now they can only book one flight – ensuring that's the flight they want to be on."

26 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

I wonder who this was?

Colin and Christy. They booked every available flight and then made a decision on which one to use. They were famous for it. It also meant that if a flight was delayed or cancelled they could easily switch plans.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I wonder who this was?

I don't know about Colin and Christie, but I heard Heather and Eve did something like this in season 3, which is why Andrew and Dennis couldn't get a flight to London in time.

Also, how old is that interview? Teams haven't booked their own flights in years, it seems.

2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

am loving all the podcasts about the Race. it is cool listening to the different Racers perspectives. Tons of fun.

Which ones are you listening to? I’m onto Kim/Penn but would love to listen to others.

9 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Lulu and Lala have one, it is shorter but fun. And Dusty and Kayla run Pitstop Podcast. 

What is Lulu and Lala's podcast called?  Where can I find Pitstop Podcast?  I did not see it on Apple Podcasts.

Edited by kav

Sorry, Youtube is my go to for lots of things and I forget to mention that. The Amazing Race bonus clips are a ton of fun as well. You get more of the complete mat chats and some of the after hours stuff. They had a bunch of clips from the camping in Corsica. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Sorry, Youtube is my go to for lots of things and I forget to mention that. The Amazing Race bonus clips are a ton of fun as well. You get more of the complete mat chats and some of the after hours stuff. They had a bunch of clips from the camping in Corsica. 

Apparently, almost the whole cast has a podcast. It always used to be just one person every other season or so but this cast has several. I have been watch Kim & Penn because their podcast has great production values. CBS used to never the cast to even speak until they were eliminated but now they want as many fans fans as possible. 

34 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Apparently, almost the whole cast has a podcast. It always used to be just one person every other season or so but this cast has several. I have been watch Kim & Penn because their podcast has great production values. CBS used to never the cast to even speak until they were eliminated but now they want as many fans fans as possible. 

Yup. 

Lulu and Lala's is a good quality and normally 15 minutes or so. Kayla and Dusty's is interesting but the production quality isn't as solid. Normally it is a volume issue for them.

Kim and Penn have been doing this forever so their Production quality is great. It is also the longest of the podcasts. 

I like listening to all of them because they have different perspectives so we hear more about what the teams saw and reacted to the teams around them, it is nice. And I am finding that a lot of what the Teams say you can see in the Amazing Race bonus clips and the likes so it doesn't feel like there is a ton of revisionist history happening here. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

They camped in Corsica?  Did they show this on the show? 

They briefly showed the tents at the beginning of the last episode, and Phil said that they had spent the night camping as the pit stop. It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it mention.

Just now, tracyscott76 said:

They briefly showed the tents at the beginning of the last episode, and Phil said that they had spent the night camping as the pit stop. It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it mention.

This. The extra clips on YouTube show them setting up the tents, Penn’s feet stuck out of the tent. They also showed them talking around the camp fire and in the morning. Dusty went into the river, it was cold. 

34 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Not interested in meeting their children.  

Easy enough to accomplish, don't watch the video. Their kids in many of their videos so it is not something new. I am more surprised that the kids just made their first appearance in the Race podcasts.

• Love 8

Lulu and Lala have planned a watch party in Hollywood, Florida for the season finale of the Race. You can watch their podcast, Lulu and Lala Amazing Race on YouTube. They discuss the details at the end of the episode. 

Just in case people are interested. They said a bunch of Racers are going to be there, like half the cast. 

• Love 1

Listening to Pitstop Podcast with Cayla and Dusty. It sounds like Lulu and Lala, Kim and Penn, Cayla and Raquel, and Dusty and Ryan are locks for the Amazing Race finale party. Fans are invited to buy tickets and they are excited to see people at the event. Cayla and Dusty mentioned how to buy tickets at the end of their podcast if you are interested in going.

I would guess that there are more teams then that but those four have announced that they are going to be there on their podcasts. Hope someone from the board can go and is able to update folks on what happened. 

• Love 2

I thought it was great. But I like them and their videos so I am good with it. Lots of highlights and the after thought was great. The reality TV and we would hate them and the backstabbing comment was truthful and funny. 

• Love 3
On 2/23/2022 at 2:23 PM, ProfCrash said:

Lulu and Lala have planned a watch party in Hollywood, Florida for the season finale of the Race. You can watch their podcast, Lulu and Lala Amazing Race on YouTube. They discuss the details at the end of the episode. 

Just in case people are interested. They said a bunch of Racers are going to be there, like half the cast. 

I miss TARCon!! Hopefully we hear some good stories from it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Thalia said:

I've watched the video 3 times, very clever.  The "Schmoopy" part of me just loves it when their daughter said "Mama!" 

I loved it when they were on the mat and they said that they had won and Penn says in the background that they got to go see their kids. I thought it was pretty well put together and enjoyed it. But I like their videos, they make me smile.

• Love 4