Type keyword(s) to search

TAR in the Media

• Start Topic

On 8/5/2020 at 8:33 AM, ByaNose said:

And, now we only have a month or so for the Season 32. That said, watch it get bumped for Big Brother or some other new show. You know how CBS loves to screw around with The Amazing Race and us. 

It would look like season 32 will be back to 9 pm timeslot as many scripted shows have been likely to postpone filming until at least mid-November. Survivor has indefinitely postponed its filming of 41st and 42nd seasons as that show would plan for a "greatest season special" similar to The Bachelor.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:33 AM, Lantern7 said:

What would be on at 8? Big Brother? With CBS, I can see them bumping TAR back to Friday nights. At 2 a.m. After Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen.

As furthermore that TAR to be moved back to 9 pm from September to December with Big Brother being expanded to at least early December. Since Survivor is off from production for the 2020-21 TV season that it will be back till next September.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:42 AM, Babalu said:

I don’t think they’ve announced an exact premiere date (someone correct me if I’m wrong!), but it’s scheduled for this fall - so maybe late September or early October? This will be Season 32, which was filmed a couple of years ago. After that, it will probably be quite a while (if ever?) that we get a new season. Season 33 started filming and was “suspended” after it became clear coronavirus was a serious global threat.

Not yet and let CBS decide TAR to premiere for a September 23 premiere. Perhaps, a Survivor special is to be called Survivor: Greatest Seasons Ever in place for the delayed 41st and 42nd season production until February 2021.

If season 33 will be able to restart production like reshooting of the earlier legs during in the initial production back in February 2020, and will have to recast new teams (as some of the same teams from the initial production and will be asked to return for filming) for this season and the locations will be a slight change. More likely the "resumption" of TAR 33 filming could be in November-December 2020 or January-February 2021 when COVID-19 vaccine is to become available.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
On 8/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

As furthermore that TAR to be moved back to 9 pm from September to December with Big Brother being expanded to at least early December. Since Survivor is off from production for the 2020-21 TV season that it will be back till next September.

Not yet and let CBS decide TAR to premiere for a September 23 premiere. Perhaps, a Survivor special is to be called Survivor: Greatest Seasons Ever in place for the delayed 41st and 42nd season production until February 2021.

If season 33 will be able to restart production like reshooting of the earlier legs during in the initial production back in February 2020, and will have to recast new teams (as some of the same teams from the initial production and will be asked to return for filming) for this season and the locations will be a slight change. More likely the "resumption" of TAR 33 filming will be in January-February 2021 when COVID-19 vaccine is to become available.

Repost as above

Edited by ApprenticeFan
On 8/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, pally said:

Amazing Race returns Oct 14

You guys know how I feel about CBS and their apparent disdain towards TAR. Still, though, 🤞🤞.

On a less optidmtic note, Natalie Anderson is rumored to be in quarantine for the upcoming season of The Challenge. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen because she peaked in the last season of Survivor, and I see The Challenge as a bottomless abyss where no one looks good.

Edited by Lantern7
21 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Pluto TV now has an Amazing Race channel.  TARUS 24/7 on channel 297.

I was watching it today.  They had Seasons two and three on (Which I only saw the final episode of season three and none of season two, so I was happy), it was cool to finally see some of season two and I also watch the first two episodes of season three.

• Love 1

When I was watching the Tough as Nails finale, I saw a basic commercial from CBS. That included a plane and people running in what appeared to be an airport. Seeing how none of them looked familiar to me, I'd say that we should be getting TAR32. But there again, that's what I always think.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:59 AM, ApprenticeFan said:
On 9/5/2020 at 2:04 AM, Lantern7 said:

Right. But the date can still be moved.

The premiere date of October 14 was made final, with a season finale in mid-December.

To be fair, Season Six was also "made final" only for them to move it from September 25 of that year to after the election during November Sweeps.  That move occurred shortly before TAR5 Finale which was September 21 of the same year.

That said, I wouldn't bet on the season being moved.  In life there are no guarantees, but in 2004 there were no strikes or work stoppages nor was there a pandemic

Per Reddit, there's a promo airing on CTV in Canada for the new season, and it has the October 14th date on it.   I'm posting it below, but it apparently contains spoilers.  So I'm tagging it, along with the reason why.   (That and it might autoplay otherwise.)

Spoiler

According to the comments on the Reddit thread, the three close-ups of teams (the two hugs and the high-five) are presumed to be shots of them checking in at the Mat.

• Love 1

From what I read, this season was filmed during Spring-Summer 2019 timeframe. Is it normal to have such a long lead time between filming and airing? I thought in previous seasons filming in Spring meaning airing in the following Autumn / Winter. If they filmed in 2019, should it not have been aired in October 2019 or February 2020?

This isn't really normal I don't think. Maybe half a year lead time is normal barring unexpected studio stunts. (I believe one of the recent Survivor seasons got delayed a cycle because they wanted to show the "New" survivors going to the island right after the previous season's finale.... even though there was already a season in the can at that point). 

TAR is a bit frustrating because it is a popular show, and Emmy award winning show; but CBS obviously doesn't care as much about it; but cares enough to not cancel it. So it gets bounced around the schedule and delayed as a Schedule Patch show to plop in when a show fails badly. 

Unluckily for TAR, CBS didn't have an appropriate show fail when that season was ready, so it stayed in the can and COVID bounced it forward to where it is (hopefully) staying now. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

From what I read, this season was filmed during Spring-Summer 2019 timeframe. Is it normal to have such a long lead time between filming and airing? I thought in previous seasons filming in Spring meaning airing in the following Autumn / Winter. If they filmed in 2019, should it not have been aired in October 2019 or February 2020?

The 32nd season was filmed in November-December 2018 as there was no TAR in production in the year 2019. If TAR 33 should continue filming in the time period of February to March 2020 that COVID-19 should not be contaminated and travel industry also should continue.

Assuming that the production of TAR 33 will restart by February 27 to March 22, 2021, more than a year after TAR 33 stopped in the attempted first production run. With an intending TAR 33 premiere in the following summer (July and will end in September before Survivor 41 takes place).

Edited by ApprenticeFan
On 10/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, TV Anonymous said:

As has been pointed out, this season filmed in November 2018. Almost 2 years before airing!! You are right, that in the old days, a summer filming would air in the fall, and a fall filming would air in the spring, never more than 3 months or so between filming and airing. 

After the success of season 30 in early 2018, they greenlit 2 seasons to be filmed in 2018. 31 aired spring 2019 of course, and  now here we are for 32.

This is just speculation, but I think it has to do with the CBS turnover in management. 2018 was when Les Moonves left CBS in his sexual harassment scandal. And CBS was also shortly merging with Viacom, which has since been finalized. Perhaps the old regime under Les was planning on 31 and 32 to both air in 2019. In that case, 33 would likely have been filmed long before the worldwide shutdown. Instead, maybe the new management was content leaving it on the bench for a rainy day and it's finally time for it.

Edited by TheRabbi
13 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Assuming that the production of TAR 33 will restart by February 27 to March 22, 2021, more than a year after TAR 33 stopped in the attempted first production run. With an intending TAR 33 premiere in the following summer (July and will end in September before Survivor 41 takes place)

Again, it does not seem at all likely that there will be a "re-start" of the halted season that was filming when COVID emerged. Since they'd already completed three legs, it would not be fair for the non-eliminated teams who could not come back, and no way would they give new participants that kind of advantage (though I guess stranger things have happened). At this point, it would logistically make better sense to start all over with a new season, though I do wonder if CBS would make every effort to re-cast every team from before. IF by some miracle, they could bring back every team, then it might be possible to start the non-eliminated teams from where they left off, or they would start the whole race over and if the first three boot order ends up being different, that's a chance the racers will take, but almost assuredly a revised route and many different tasks would have to be planned out long before the racers could begin. In any case, as the health experts have noted, the vaccine may not be widely available to the public until mid-2021, so I honestly don't expect any filming to begin until late 2021 or even 2022. Just my speculation.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2020 at 5:52 AM, Giuseppe said:

Again, it does not seem at all likely that there will be a "re-start" of the halted season that was filming when COVID emerged. Since they'd already completed three legs, it would not be fair for the non-eliminated teams who could not come back, and no way would they give new participants that kind of advantage (though I guess stranger things have happened). At this point, it would logistically make better sense to start all over with a new season, though I do wonder if CBS would make every effort to re-cast every team from before. IF by some miracle, they could bring back every team, then it might be possible to start the non-eliminated teams from where they left off, or they would start the whole race over and if the first three boot order ends up being different, that's a chance the racers will take, but almost assuredly a revised route and many different tasks would have to be planned out long before the racers could begin. In any case, as the health experts have noted, the vaccine may not be widely available to the public until mid-2021, so I honestly don't expect any filming to begin until late 2021 or even 2022. Just my speculation.

As more likely that the restart of TAR 33 will be recommenced production in the first trimester of 2021, between late February and mid-March. The teams will recast once the restart race begins production excluding the eliminated teams. Only some of the teams from the attempted first production will have to come back from filming. TAR 33 should have been filming in November to December 2019, with Australia as the intended penultimate leg as the bushfires spread across the country areas of New South Wales and Victoria.

Phil should have doing into his production schedule between Tough as Nails and The Amazing Race. Tough as Nails should have been first into the filming date between two and a half weeks from November and December 2019, and The Amazing Race would soon follow from January 25 to February 17, 2020 and avoiding some parts of Asia within the coronavirus.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
19 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I actually saw a commercial for TAR!  I might be willing to believe they're really truly finally going to air it!

I checked my DVR yesterday and it showed up in the "upcoming recordings!"  Not long now!

• Love 3

Turns out when I tried to watch it via the CBS app I had to sign up for All Access.  But when I just went to cbs.com and their "shows" listing, it was accessible without subscribing to All Access.  Yeah! 

Thanks for posting that interview, @Vermicious Knid. I thought this was interesting:

With regards to helping the other team, that’s just who they chose. We’ve seen stuff on social media accusing them of racism. Maybe there was some inherent bias. But we’re all close as a race family. Even production has told us, “We’ve never seen a cast this close.” It’s water under the bridge. It’s a game show. We knew we were signing up for something where only one team wins.

That's very much in line with what I thought about the discussion about why Leo and Alana chose to help Haley and Kaylynn—maybe there was some implicit bias, but I doubt there was anything beyond that. It's nice to hear that the cast are so close. I imagine the shared frustration of having to wait two years for the season to air has only helped in that regard.

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

For any with Cozi on cable . . . they’ll be showing the episode of Highway to Heaven with Chip. Tomorrow afternoon, 3 p.m. Boxers, old-timey film stars, and Chip with hair!

I was going to ask whether it was Chip of Reichen and Chip or Chip of Chip and Kim when it hit me: Two guys named Chip won the Amazing Race in consecutive seasons. WTF are the odds on that? Who else is even named Chip?

BTW: To clarify, Chip of Chip and Kim was the one in Highway to Heaven.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Fukui San said:
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

For any with Cozi on cable . . . they’ll be showing the episode of Highway to Heaven with Chip. Tomorrow afternoon, 3 p.m. Boxers, old-timey film stars, and Chip with hair!

I was going to ask whether it was Chip of Reichen and Chip or Chip of Chip and Kim when it hit me: Two guys named Chip won the Amazing Race in consecutive seasons. WTF are the odds on that? Who else is even named Chip?

BTW: To clarify, Chip of Chip and Kim was the one in Highway to Heaven.

The clue was "Chip with hair!", there would be no reason to mention -hair- with Chip/Reichen, he had hair on the race, only Chip/Kim did not have hair on the race and so saying "Chip with hair!" would be to let us know that he looked different in the episode.

So while we're working when the next season will air after the one currently on the air, MTV announced that season 36 of The Challenge is coming back in early December.

Season 35 aired from 4/1/20 to 7/22/20, 17 episodes in all including a Reunion episode.  So it would be about 8 months between the premier of seasons 35 and 36.

That show had been on that kind of tempo 7-8 months between "seasons" the last couple of years.

Season 36 was filmed in Iceland.  They don't say when it was filmed but it like was after March/April when much of the world locked down non-essential travel -- i.e. tourism.  Iceland had been talking about reopening for tourism to all starting in early summer, because they'd fared well with the pandemic during the spring.  Not sure if they went ahead with it.

Maybe MTV capitalized on this country's willingness to have foreign visitors.  Obviously TAR needs more than one country to allow them in.  Even then, there may not have been enough flights between countries for TAR to get the racers between countries.  Airlines were cutting their flight schedules way back.

Some other TV productions planned to shoot and go into production starting in late summer.  That was when the spread of the virus was relatively low in many countries.  In fact there was talk that Netflix would have an advantage because they had rights to shows filmed in places like Europe and South Korea, which at the time were doing better with preventing new infections.

TAR's best chance might have been early summer when Europe was doing relatively well.  But they were barring Americans and pretty much all of Asia is also banning Americans from entry.  

According to his Instagram, Jaymes Vaughan (the blond Chippendale from TAR 21) has proposed to Jonathan Bennett (currently co-starring in The Christmas House), and they are now engaged! Congratulations and best wishes guys!

Jaymes Vaughan Jonathan Bennett proposal.JPG

• Love 11
On 7/31/2017 at 5:03 PM, Lantern7 said:

American Dad knows TAR exists. Good for them. This is the summary for tonight's episode, airing at 10 p.m. on TBS.

FINALLY watched this, right before tonight's finale. Fun to see Phil get as mad as how we'd want him to be this season. Also: READ THE CLUE. Stan and Hayley fucked that up, and they ended up in a prison camp.

Seriously, it was a good episode.

18 hours ago, SVNBob said:

An interview with Elise Doganieri and Bertram Van Munster (TAR's TPTB) about TAR32, TAR33, and more.  Elise in particular talks about the alliance and what rule changes might happen as a response.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/amazing-race-32-producers-interview/

That was great to read that the producers were also against the sharing of answers and will likely implement a rule against it for the next season. 

• Love 3

That was a very good and thorough interview. I was glad to hear they weren’t particularly thrilled about the sharing of information either. While I hated the alliance there has always be a two or three team alliance before but just not as successful. At least, if they implement some type rule of sharing information or setting up a task where it’s at least impossible to do so I’ll be happy.

Of course, it might be a really long time for TAR to return. Survivor has a lot of time and as far as I know they aren’t any closer to resuming production. I know that TPTB would like 3 seasons to be shot back to back to back there doesn’t appear to be any movement on this. The producers of TAR ruled out shooting in the US (which i understand) so it’s a matter of what foreign countries opens up for business and approves of travelers from the US visiting (racing) in their country. 

• Love 1