Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: New Best Friends

halgia
  • Start Topic

I kept thinking the whole time that Jadis was talking, this is what Alice (from Resident Evil - Milla Jovovich) is doing now that Umbrella Corp is done for (I am assuming, I haven't actually seen the last RE movie).  It was super distracting how similar she was in stature, build, mannerisms, all of it.

I think it's an interesting point in the recap regarding Daryl neglecting to tell Carol the truth.  He was trying to protect her, but that is about the worst thing you can do for people in a zombie apocalypse.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, millennium said:

This episode raises a lot of questions, the most pressing being:  When we first see Carol, as she steps onto her porch, there's a bird sound effect.   What kind of bird is that supposed to be?   It's used in every show with a quiet outdoor scene.

A Disney sparrow?

I was half expecting forrest animals to gather and witness the reunion then break out in song.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, shanndee said:

Here it is. My "Jump the Shark" episode.

All the junk yard needed was Tina Turner. The Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome thing was just too much. The look, the stilted, made up language, the Thunderdome combat. Rick as Raggedy Man. Ugh.

The Carol and Daryl scenes were nice,but, wow, has this show ever lost its way. :( 

My "Jump the Shark" episode was Negan, his bat, and the close up of Glenn's head caved in.  That is when the show I loved ended.  The show runners tried to keep it real and keep the comics at bay.  They minimized the most outrageous story lines of the comics like the cannibals, but they ended up with no where to go with the plot.  The ending for that show was - they reach Alexandria and with all of their past knowledge - are able to build a community.

But that doesn't make for compelling TV.  So they decided to Mad Max it, and revel in the camp.  So this is the first episode I have watched since I finally sat through the deaths of Glenn and Abraham.

I love the community here, so I have decided to embrace and enjoy the camp.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, econ07 said:

How do grown ass adults somehow forget how to speak in normal sentences: Facebook.

And twitter. And texting. And Mad Max as many others indicated.

Anyone else notice the bird or plane in the sky flying by on the right, in the bad CGI Rick shot???

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MV007 said:

The Junkyard gang makes no sense to me.  She told Rick multiple times that they can't be bothered, that they take.  So why would Rick take her threat seriously about not getting them guns?  If they can't be bothered then what the hell are they going to do?  It sounds like if they can't steal from you then they won't risk anything.  Like the boat for example.  They didn't want to risk anything so they waited for someone else to do it.  So why would they try to fight a group led by the guy who just killed the franken-zombie?

Nevermind that they just told Rick they have no guns.  How smart are these people that they just let Rick and his group go so they can fetch guns for them?  How are you going to inflict any retribution if they fail in there task?  It seems to me if Rick and company have guns and fail to deliver on their contract then Rick and company could just shoot these idiots.

RIGHT!!! I dont see how "formidable" they are considering they've spent 2-ish years hiding in a stinking garbage land fill, they have NO guns, they dont live like scavengers, they live like parasites, Negan's goons will take one look at them and eat them for lunch, Terminus style! I guess Rick must figure, if the "leader" of the garbage pail kids is so mentally deficient that she can not utter complete sentences and the rest of her gang are mute and mainly passive, they wont even notice Rick is setting them up to be the Red Shirt Brigade? Idk, fuck this show, this episode was the jump the shark episode for me.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

And twitter. And texting. And Mad Max as many others indicated.

Anyone else notice the bird or plane in the sky flying by on the right, in the bad CGI Rick shot???

I've been meaning to mention that. Has money gotten so tight with TPTB that they couldn't re-film that so blatantly false scene? And if they are running low on cash, what does that mean for the big WAR that's coming up? Will they have to resort to using kid's cap guns? Or, maybe, the actors will have to add their own sound effects. Pow. Biff. Bam. Too bad Abraham's gone 'cause he'd be good at that.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

I thought it was a bird, and I commented to Mr. Ouisch at that moment that usually a garbage dump has about one million seagulls flying overhead. Also, where were all the rats? I've always read that they (like cockroaches) could survive anything - fire, flood, famine, (presumably) Zombie Apocalypse. Mr. Ouisch suggested that perhaps the Garbage Pail Kids ate all the birds and rats, but they "take", they don't "bother". Actually killing and plucking/skinning an animal seems like a bit of "bother", no?

• Love 1

The Mad Max Mob is what you get when TPTB are phoning it in now while sitting on the pot thinking that everything they do, even their doo, is golden. Why do they think that? Because of the one hour verbal blow job after every episode.

All they did was use the James Cameron Method of Plot Stealing (Dances with Wolves using giant smurfs with Hobbit feet and tons of other "borrowed" elements)

We now have Alice and Fonzie. What's next a gang of club kids and comic-con cronies led by a Darrel and Carol lookalike?

These new quirky groups are making me long for the simpler times of gang cholos taking care of abuelitas y abuelitos and hillbilly redneck crackers shouting "Claimed!" every 30 seconds like Finding Nemo seagulls.

Enough already. I'm not caring about the characters anymore. I'm laughing at them and not cheering for them. 

• Love 10

It's actually pretty telling of how desperate Rick is for bodies to throw at the Saviors that he met a half-mute gang of scavengers who say right up front that they don't believe in working for anything but will happily steal what you did put in the effort for and his first thought isn't "wow, so they'd actually fall more in line with the Saviors if they only had the firepower" but that sure, these are people I should be spending time trying to arm.  What could go wrong there?

• Love 7

I am in mourning for my once favorite show. The writers apparently think everything they churn out is a golden egg. The dialog is like code speak, and I find it tiresome and stupid. I cannot even watch Talking Dead anymore. 

Anyone else think Rosita looked sickly? ( very pale and thin) 

I could elaborate more on my opinion of this episode, but choose not to because it isn't worth the energy exerted. 

• Love 4

Every time I see Carol in her cozy-surrounded-by-a-picket-fence cottage, I can't help but wonder what the heck she DOES all day! I see her reading, did the previous owner leave a stash of old "Nancy Drew" books or is she a super slow reader? Instead of just bringing her cobbler, shouldn't Ezekial send some seedlings to start a garden to make her more self-sufficient? 

• Love 7

I used to want Carol and Daryl to be a couple but no longer.  They have changed his character from season 1 & 2 to feral Daryl.  Carol was my fave and now she is mostly season 1 but with all the knowledge she's gained.  I agree with the person above that said her and Morgan are too much the same transfer.  I don't watch anymore but love reading the live comments.  Only good thing.  They have gotten too into the comics and Robert's messed up mind of "yeah this would be cool".  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, shanndee said:

I'm just preparing myself for TPTB to kill Carol. They are telegraphing it from miles away. That last hug between Carol and Daryl felt like the final good bye. I will be pissed to see the only representation of a woman over 35 eliminated from the show. Especially now that they have transformed her from a strong, self sufficient survivor to a vulnerable old woman in need of protection. She had been a complex character who had an interesting arc, now she looks like the next sacrifice at Negan's alter.

I hope I'm wrong. I really want to see someone close to my demographic represented on a popular show. In a capable manner. But I guess it is now time to going back to being invisible in popular media.

I agree.  The thought flashed through my mind that Darryl realized that Carol WANTED to die and that he just might go along with Richard's convoluted plan to make her wish come true, like suicide by police.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't really think that he would do that to (for?) her!  It was a quick thought, quickly dismissed.  But what the heck is going on?  I just don't get it.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Why is nobody worried about Heath? Tara never found his body and writers better not prolong him missing either. It'll get to the point where nobody is gonna care.

I for the life of me don't know why Ezekiel & The Kingdom are bending over backwards for Carol. Quite frankly I'm tired of them going over there with food for her. Ezekiel only had one conversation with her and now he's acting like the prince of Cinderella keep coming to her house with the glass slipper and hoping it would fit on her foot. He's acting like he's trying to find the queen for the Kingdom.  IDK why they can't grasp the concept of leave her alone. Let her stay in that house, reading a book and whatever else she does. It's hard seeing Carol kind of reverting back to S1-2 Carol of being meek and weak and needing protection.

Come on she secretly likes the attention or she would have left already. She has a way of collecting males of every age. Once Negan meets Carol he'll also stand in line but when he sees Bad Ass Carol he'll have a boner. He might like having a feisty old hen in his hen house.

Edited by Giselle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wonder if something else is going on with Carol and Rosita besides the ptsd.  I thought Glenn and Maggie were foolish for deciding to have a child when they were barely surviving the ZA themselves.  However, Glenn did make a very good statement to Abe about "otherwise, what's the point."  Abe said something similar when he learned Eugene had been lying to him.  Getting Eugene to Washington to fix the ZA gave Abe a mission and a purpose.  Same with Rosita.  That purpose is now gone, and not only is Abe dead, but before he died, he ditched Rosita with, "I thought you were the only option."  What's the point if all you have to look forward to is killing or being killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carol knew Daryl was lying to her about everyone being okay.

It's to bad they've had Negan yakking so much from day one because I actually found Negan's "Because Skinny Joey without Fat Joey is just Joey," amusing.

Why is it now so easy for these people to roam around all over the place?

If Michonne, Maggie, Rosita, etc., can find time to take a shower and shave then there is no reason Daryl and Rick can't.

At this point, I'm rooting for the Tiger to be the last one standing.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I wonder if something else is going on with Carol and Rosita besides the ptsd.  I thought Glenn and Maggie were foolish for deciding to have a child when they were barely surviving the ZA themselves.  However, Glenn did make a very good statement to Abe about "otherwise, what's the point."  Abe said something similar when he learned Eugene had been lying to him.  Getting Eugene to Washington to fix the ZA gave Abe a mission and a purpose.  Same with Rosita.  That purpose is now gone, and not only is Abe dead, but before he died, he ditched Rosita with, "I thought you were the only option."  What's the point if all you have to look forward to is killing or being killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carol knew Daryl was lying to her about everyone being okay.

It's to bad they've had Negan yakking so much from day one because I actually found Negan's "Because Skinny Joey without Fat Joey is just Joey," amusing.

Why is it now so easy for these people to roam around all over the place?

If Michonne, Maggie, Rosita, etc., can find time to take a shower and shave then there is no reason Daryl and Rick can't.

At this point, I'm rooting for the Tiger to be the last one standing.

Then Sigfried and Roy show up.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

If there are 4-5 communities within what seems like a ten-mile radius of Alexandria (Kingdom, Hilltop, Saviors, Junkyard, Amazon women), doesn't it suggest that equal or greater concentrations of such communities exist elsewhere across the land?   And if that's the case, there are still a LOT of humans running around.  Why can't all these assholes just get it together and start the long process of rebooting the way life used to be?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of there being no explanation for why the ZA happened.  As long as it goes unexplained there is no hope of overcoming it, and if there is no hope of salvation, then the plots will just keep recycling Rick and friends vs Latest Psycho or Latest Psycho community.   

• Love 13
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

OH! And how did Gabriel know that Rick smiled all crazy (at the end of the last episode)? Wasn't Gabriel captive elsewhere and brought out later, after the mysterious grin?

I wondered about that, too!

Thanks to the poster "up up up" thread who proposed that being around all that metal might have resulted in the Scavengers' developing lockjaw. That could explain their terse, monosyllabic grunts. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Totally. She had a two-tone thing going on, which is work enough for an accomplished stylist. In the ZA? Not happening. 

LOL, Mary Kay makes sense, given all the dye jobs, perfectly manicured brows, pouty/stained lips, etc. I'm just glad Negan hasn't gotten into LuLaRoe. If I see Dwight rocking some Satanic chihuahua leggings next week I will finally quit watching.

I think Morgan left to follow Carol. Maybe saw himself as responsible for HER leaving, and wanted to make sure she was okay. She got hurt, Tron Knights found them, brought them both back to the Kingdom. Carol ended up leaving, but I think Morgan felt that his philosophy would be better tolerated there than at ASZ, so he's stayed around to counsel Zeke and stick-train Ben.  

Two-tone hair : Lady Clairol Blonde in a bowl; dipped ends of hair, repeat.

"Satanic chihuahua leggings" may just become my newest spirit animal.  :-)

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Every time I see Carol in her cozy-surrounded-by-a-picket-fence cottage, I can't help but wonder what the heck she DOES all day! I see her reading, did the previous owner leave a stash of old "Nancy Drew" books or is she a super slow reader? Instead of just bringing her cobbler, shouldn't Ezekial send some seedlings to start a garden to make her more self-sufficient? 

Hunting, and gathering (not to mention collecting fresh water) is time consuming (notwithstanding Ezekiel's gift baskets).

• Love 2

If the writers insist on recycling the CDB vs. External Threat storyline, they could at least try something different.   What would be very interesting to me is a shift in perspective.   Tell the story of CDB encountering a new group from the perspective of the new group.   Portray Rick and friends as a threat to the new group's way of life.   Show that there are two ways of looking at things, that actions we might view as friendly or well-intentioned (because Rick, Michonne and the others can do no wrong) could easily and legitimately be interpreted as suspicious or hostile in the eyes of those who have never met them.  In other words, give CDB the intruder/invader edit, and make the new group the threatened party.  Tarnish the CDB halos a bit.

• Love 7

Winslow the zombie junkyard warrior looked ridiculous, like he was a cross between a henchman for Rita Repulsa and a whip warrior dancer from Captain Eo. I bet the costume sketch looked incredible, but the execution just looked lame, like something that's supposed to look scary in the dark in a Halloween maze at Universal, but looks really sad in the daylight.

Nice to know Rosita actually has a personality. It only took, what 3 years?

The Amazons - for the most part I thought they were a fairly believable group, given their backstory. The Junkyard Dogs? Just hilariously stupid all around. Not enough time has elapsed to become that crazy collectively - especially with the speaking.

I'd like to see CDB meet up with a group similar to them: just 'normal' people trying to survive. Instead we get one whack job group after another, trying to out-do the others.

Edited by Beamish
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, millennium said:

If there are 4-5 communities within what seems like a ten-mile radius of Alexandria (Kingdom, Hilltop, Saviors, Junkyard, Amazon women), doesn't it suggest that equal or greater concentrations of such communities exist elsewhere across the land?  

Didn't Aaron tell Rick & Co. when he first found them that he and the other Alexandrians had scoped the entire area around the ASZ within a 50-mile radius? And that's how he happened to stumble upon this ragtag starving group (at the time) that we know and love as CDB? So why hadn't he (or Aiden or Nicholas or Heath, etc) ever found the Hilltop or the Garbage Pail Kids or the Kingdom or any of the other settlements that seem to be within easy walking (or roller-skating) distance of ASZ? Please, would sometime encourage the writers to re-watch past episodes in order to keep some continuity??

• Love 9
1 hour ago, millennium said:

If there are 4-5 communities within what seems like a ten-mile radius of Alexandria (Kingdom, Hilltop, Saviors, Junkyard, Amazon women), doesn't it suggest that equal or greater concentrations of such communities exist elsewhere across the land?   And if that's the case, there are still a LOT of humans running around.  Why can't all these assholes just get it together and start the long process of rebooting the way life used to be?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of there being no explanation for why the ZA happened.  As long as it goes unexplained there is no hope of overcoming it, and if there is no hope of salvation, then the plots will just keep recycling Rick and friends vs Latest Psycho or Latest Psycho community.   

I gave up hope years ago for an overarching plot thread of finding a cure.  They wound up in the greater D.C. area on the false premise that Eugene was some scientist working on a cure.  This show has no basis in reality because the military industrial complex no longer exists, when in a real apocalypse, ZA or otherwise, the military is the main group that would survive and have power.  All those self-sufficient bases with vehicles, weapons, communications, food, supplies, defense.  Where did they go?  One tank wipes out the Savior base single-handed.  Or one Apache helicopter.  Where are the normal communities that are simply rebuilding an agrarian economy and trying to get things like power and communications back online?  Why does almost everyone still scavenge?  Even the Kingdom just looks like they have little private gardens when there should be big crop fields.  The problem with this show is it's based on a comic and this is a comic book world.  It tried to keep it real for a few years, but as the comic became zanier so did this show.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't understand the lack of rebuilding either.  I refuse to believe I would be the only person in a ZA that would want the creature comforts I've become accustomed to, and I'm not talking about the short term things they can get by scavenging and stealing from other people.

The junkyard dogs can build walls of trash, but they can't be bothered to do anything else because they take?  Eventually since the Saviors, junkyardians, and other groups do nothing but take, destroy and kill, there will be nothing left since no one can take time out from being a psycho to rebuild.  {face palm}

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Anyone else think Rosita looked sickly? ( very pale and thin) 

I thought the same thing.  I know they've lost weight during the ZA but she really does look bad, even for the ZA.  

• Love 2

One of the main things that irked me about this episode is that Richard should have known that Daryl knew Carol.  Richard knew that Morgan and Carol had background when they first arrived in the Kingdom.  Then, when Rick et al.,  came to the Kingdom it was very clear that they all knew Morgan.  Richard should then have realized that if they knew Morgan they probably knew Carol.  Therefore, trying to entice Daryl to set Carol in danger was just a stupid move.  Yes, there was a chance that Daryl did not know Carol, but actually the chances were greater that he did know her and no way would he set up someone he knew to be the 'sacrifice' to start a war between the Kingdom and the saviors.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Why is nobody worried about Heath? Tara never found his body and writers better not prolong him missing either. It'll get to the point where nobody is gonna care.

I already don't care. In fact, I really don't care about anybody at all on this show. I think the last time a death upset me, it was Merle's. I always liked Andrew Lincoln, but in this episode it was like he was channeling William Shatner's Kirk. Maybe understandable considering how outrageously ridiculous and over the top the ep was, but still... Nope, don't care about anyone.

• Love 5

One thing that did crack me up was Rick coming out all limping and bloody and Michonne smiling like, yeah that's my man. All you single ladies back off! (yeah I know that wasn't what she was thinking, but I prefer it my way ;)

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I gave up hope years ago for an overarching plot thread of finding a cure.  They wound up in the greater D.C. area on the false premise that Eugene was some scientist working on a cure.  This show has no basis in reality because the military industrial complex no longer exists, when in a real apocalypse, ZA or otherwise, the military is the main group that would survive and have power.  All those self-sufficient bases with vehicles, weapons, communications, food, supplies, defense.  Where did they go?  One tank wipes out the Savior base single-handed.  Or one Apache helicopter.  Where are the normal communities that are simply rebuilding an agrarian economy and trying to get things like power and communications back online?  Why does almost everyone still scavenge?  Even the Kingdom just looks like they have little private gardens when there should be big crop fields.  The problem with this show is it's based on a comic and this is a comic book world.  It tried to keep it real for a few years, but as the comic became zanier so did this show.

When we get to the end of the last issue will the final page be ripped out and it's a fade to black ending Soprrano's style?

The TV writers said they were going off on on their own with new characters like Daryl and such. They could have easily stepped away from the crazy and continued without the over the top characters and plot lines.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Ouisch said:

Didn't Aaron tell Rick & Co. when he first found them that he and the other Alexandrians had scoped the entire area around the ASZ within a 50-mile radius? And that's how he happened to stumble upon this ragtag starving group (at the time) that we know and love as CDB? So why hadn't he (or Aiden or Nicholas or Heath, etc) ever found the Hilltop or the Garbage Pail Kids or the Kingdom or any of the other settlements that seem to be within easy walking (or roller-skating) distance of ASZ? Please, would sometime encourage the writers to re-watch past episodes in order to keep some continuity??

I agree with this general nitpick, but I think someone said something in this episode about the Junkyard being relatively far from ASZ. I'd have to rewatch to get the exact wording and who said it, but that ain't happening. 

11 minutes ago, Giselle said:

The TV writers said they were going off on on their own with new characters like Daryl and such. They could have easily stepped away from the crazy and continued without the over the top characters and plot lines.

I think they were actually doing a fine job of this for quite awhile - using the basic comic story as a guideline, but doing what they needed to in order for it to translate well to TV. I say this all the time, but I still wish the network hadn't been so stingy with money at the beginning and had continued to let Darabont do his thing, because he crafted such a beautifully told story from what the comics gave him to work with. I'd say they were still doing pretty well with this up until about season 5. The last 3 seasons have seemed sloppy, lazy, and intent on giving us all these big comic reveals, that just fall completely flat for the majority of us (on this forum, at least). They've really gotten too big for their britches and basically think they can do anything they want and people will eat it up for breakfast. As long as Daryl lives and there's a cool, new zombie kill every few episodes, the masses will be satisfied. 

• Love 7

One thing I forgot to mention, Rick's fight with Spike was needlessly difficult.  He could have simply grabbed a trash bag and jammed it on its spiked head, then calmly found something useful to kill it with while it stumbled around blinded.  And a metal spike through the hand?  I don't think they have any tetanus shots in the ZA so Rick is doomed.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

I think they were actually doing a fine job of this for quite awhile - using the basic comic story as a guideline, but doing what they needed to in order for it to translate well to TV. I say this all the time, but I still wish the network hadn't been so stingy with money at the beginning and had continued to let Darabont do his thing, because he crafted such a beautifully told story from what the comics gave him to work with. I'd say they were still doing pretty well with this up until about season 5. The last 3 seasons have seemed sloppy, lazy, and intent on giving us all these big comic reveals, that just fall completely flat for the majority of us (on this forum, at least). They've really gotten too big for their britches and basically think they can do anything they want and people will eat it up for breakfast. As long as Daryl lives and there's a cool, new zombie kill every few episodes, the masses will be satisfied. 

Sad but true.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dobian said:

One thing I forgot to mention, Rick's fight with Spike was needlessly difficult.  He could have simply grabbed a trash bag and jammed it on its spiked head, then calmly found something useful to kill it with while it stumbled around blinded.  And a metal spike through the hand?  I don't think they have any tetanus shots in the ZA so Rick is doomed.

Zombies aren't really led by sight, though. They're led by smell. I don't know if a bag over the head would be totally efficient. But yea, Rick's hand is bound to get hacked off one of these days. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I thought the same thing.  I know they've lost weight during the ZA but she really does look bad, even for the ZA.  

She looks the most realistic. Tara packed on the pounds while they were supposedly starving. Alexandria chick must have been stealing from the stockpile. Teddybear Tron Guy and Fat Savior slob seem to be maintaining.

Not knocking obesity but the fact that it would exist this far into the ZA world doesn't seem plausible. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ouisch said:

The only explanation I can come up with was that they were working with the likes of people like Nicholas and Deanna's (other) stupid son - not the brightest brains of the za.  So while Aaron or Heath might have stumbled across another group if he were working in the correct location, Nick and others like him likely would have been too lazy and stupid to actually use their brains and eyes.  But yeah, the writers of this crap really need to start paying attention to what they've written in the past and make sure things are somewhat logical.

ETA:  Just had another thought - after Rick killed Porch Dick, didn't Deanna ask him to bury PDick "west" of town, as they never went that way?  So maybe all these other groups are west of Alexandria?  And clearly all of us have spent more time thinking about this than the writers did.  They probably felt the audience doesn't remember things from season to season, or even from episode to episode.  Sad.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Zombies aren't really led by sight, though. They're led by smell. I don't know if a bag over the head would be totally efficient. But yea, Rick's hand is bound to get hacked off one of these days. 

They might be able to smell you but they're still human and humans are pretty visual, our olfactory senses aren't good like a dog's.  I'm sure the bag over the head trick would keep them from precisely pinpointing you so you can just keep skirting around them while you find your weapon of choice, haha.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dosodog said:

Jerry you are my ray of sunshine since Glenn.

How can you not love a man who shows up with so much enthusiasm and cobbler.

He's going to die dammit.

No, I think disenchantment is in Jerry's future rather than disembowelment.  TPTB won't be happy until they wipe that smile off his face.

18 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Is King Ezekiel courting Carol?

Halfway, IMHO.  Good luck with that though, King Dude - she's harder to get into than Bonnaroo.

18 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Does Darryl not telling Carol the truth mean Carol or Darryl is going to be the next casualty?

Don't think so - but Carol better enjoy Jerry's cobbler while she can, because I think her idyll is short-lived.

18 hours ago, econ07 said:

So can we name the new group the Dumpster Divers?

First I was thinking the Hoodies. 

Then, while watching this episode, I was more inclined toward the Emos.

But now I'm thinking I'm ok with the Garbage Pail Kids (GPK).

17 hours ago, econ07 said:

So does this mean that the boat owner is still out there? ... the one with the boots and the binoculars at the end of an earlier episode?

If I'm getting it correctly, I believe Tamiel (the one FPP was holding at knifepoint) was Boots - the person watching at the boat, and the one who broke into the ASZ.

17 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Jadis......The White Witch of Narnia........Intentional name choice?

Good catch. :)  It was occurring to me while watching the episode - there isn't a thing in the world stopping Jadis from agreeing to the deal, then her and the rest of the GPK taking a walk the moment Rick get them the weapons.

17 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

No Chris, Spikey Winslow wasn't anything special.

Personally, I thought it was a helluva audition for the next Iron Maiden album cover.

17 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The CGI behind Rick at the junkyard was awful.

Yeah... the greenscreen work every time they showed Rick superimposed on a junkyard panorama was so glaringly obvious, it kept distracting me from what was going on.

17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone takes out his/her temper tantrums on poor Aaron!

Serves Aaron right for hanging onto the first name in the phonebook.  Hasn't he figured out yet they start slugging people in alphabetical order?

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree with this general nitpick, but I think someone said something in this episode about the Junkyard being relatively far from ASZ. I'd have to rewatch to get the exact wording and who said it, but that ain't happening. 

With houses starting at $800k I hope ASZ was far away from the city dump!

i assume the junk yard folks are in the comics?  So we can't really blame the storyline on the show writers. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

i assume the junk yard folks are in the comics?  So we can't really blame the storyline on the show writers. 

Sure we can. They can choose not to drag every last thing from the comics into the show. 

• Love 4

Rick got speared by Zombie Pincushion Warrior's helmet. What are the odds Zombie's helmet was clean??? Could Rick now be infected by zombieness? Presumably ZPW got fed, as he seemed in shape - meaning he's killed others (as evidenced by skull Rick looks down at.)  Perhaps now Rick's hand needs to come off.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Haleth said:

With houses starting at $800k I hope ASZ was far away from the city dump!

No they don't exist in the comics from what I read, so you can TOTALLY blame this debacle on the writers.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

Rick got speared by Zombie Pincushion Warrior's helmet. What are the odds Zombie's helmet was clean??? Could Rick now be infected by zombieness? Presumably ZPW got fed, as he seemed in shape - meaning he's killed others (as evidenced by skull Rick looks down at.)  Perhaps now Rick's hand needs to come off.

Rick's hand gets infected, and Negan decides it needs to be cut off because Negan hasn't gotten to iron someone's face, or bash in someone's head in a couple of days.  Negan demands Carl do it.  Carl chops off Rick's hand without hesitation, and then buries the hatchet in Negan's head telling him, "I told you you should have killed me when you had the chance."

No they don't exist in the comics from what I read, so you can TOTALLY blame this debacle on the writers.

Since the writers have arbitrarily chosen to include somethings from the comics, exclude others, and make revisions of their own to characters and SLs, I am blaming them for everything including the latest lame group that has now shown up, and finds it easier to build tunnels out of trash, than plant a garden because they don't bother they take.  Beyond dumb.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

I've been meaning to mention that. Has money gotten so tight with TPTB that they couldn't re-film that so blatantly false scene? And if they are running low on cash, what does that mean for the big WAR that's coming up? Will they have to resort to using kid's cap guns? Or, maybe, the actors will have to add their own sound effects. Pow. Biff. Bam. Too bad Abraham's gone 'cause he'd be good at that.

I think the war will be filmed this way: There will be three stories cutting back and forth. One has them preparing for the battle, one showing the survivors gathering afterwards, and one with a minor character involved in the fringes of the battle. No big action scenes.

The final shot will be of someone (maybe the minor character) bringing in Negan, either dead or a prisoner.

I'm not going to watch it again to verify, but in their first appearance, the Garbage Pail Kids did have some guns. I specifically recall a double barreled shot gun, and a rifle.

Edited by Gobi
Content
  • Love 1

This show has jumped the shark twice now, just like Happy Days.  The first was Negan's intro at the end of last season, which was Fonzie jumping the shark.  Last night was when Fonzie met Mork from Ork.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Dobian said:

This show has jumped the shark twice now, just like Happy Days.  The first was Negan's intro at the end of last season, which was Fonzie jumping the shark.  Last night was when Fonzie met Mork from Ork.

That is being way to generous.  With Mork from Ork, Robin Williams was introduced to the general public.  I still miss him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm used to suspending my sense of disbelief with this show, but this ep pushed it. Not sure how much I'll be able to take of the woman with the Die Antwoord hair and her followers.

I know AMC will ride the TWD train as far as they can as long as the ratings are good, but what happens after Negan/The Saviors are gone? Another big bad to take his/their place? That seems to be the formula.

And I agree - a little insight into what really caused the ZA would be good. I hoped FTWD would do a good job of that since TWD didn't, but no.

• Love 6