Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: I Don't Wanna Talk About It

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Again, Adumb has blocked Chelsea from being able to contact him. This was said two seasons ago. No texts. No calls. Nothing. He said he was annoyed with Chelsea texting him.

??????

I just skipped over your saying that the first time because I don't believe Chelsea has zero ways to contact Adam. Didn't she text him a pic of the flyer for the dance like a month before the event? That was just last season -- or the first "half" of this season (but aired in spring '16), whatever.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The more I think about it and the more I know Adam-like behavior by people in my own life, the more I realize no matter how much Chelsea hand-held Adam to do right by Aubree, the more he'd resist it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, nikita said:

I just skipped over your saying that the first time because I don't believe Chelsea has zero ways to contact Adam. Didn't she text him a pic of the flyer for the dance like a month before the event? That was just last season -- or the first "half" of this season (but aired in spring '16), whatever.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The more I think about it and the more I know Adam-like behavior by people in my own life, the more I realize no matter how much Chelsea hand-held Adam to do right by Aubree, the more he'd resist it.

I meant that is what Chelsea was dealing with two seasons ago. At some point it becomes pointless especially when Chelsea was dropping off Aubree at his parents' home. Adumb saying Chelsea kept Aubree from him was untrue. All he had to do was go see her at their home. He could not bother. Not even for Father's Day. 

Adumb is a worthless POS.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I really do think that poster from last season was Adam, or a girlfriend of his, since the poster was semi-articulate. They would fight to the death that Adam was right about everything!

7 hours ago, lezlers said:

I was speaking about that certain poster that others are referring to in this thread.  The one who fought to the death that Adam was always right and every negative thing he did was somehow Chelsea's fault.  You know, the definition of a hater.

I was convinced last season that it was either Adam or someone who knew him.  I just could not conceive of any rational, logical thinking person who would go to such lengths to defend him.  It made no sense.

I was trying to view that as performance art, where the person posting was making an effort to embody the ideals of Adumb as much as possible in order to possibly understand his argument.

It didn't seem to have been really successful, though.

• Love 5

Regarding Jace hearing voices, one of those sites (the Ashley I think but don't remember for sure) posted an article that said Barb was caught on Javi's Snapchat saying Jace heard voices. They later pulled the article down, but it was saved online and I read it and listened to the short video. It's probably posted somewhere here on PTV because I remember talking about it way back when.

Barb did NOT say Jace heard voices. She was talking in run-on sentences and you hear her say, "...[A]nd then I said, 'Jace, do you hear voices?'" and changes the sentence to say that he was diagnosed with ADD. 

She never said he answered yes or no or anything further on hearing voices, but it didn't sound like he answered yes because she changed her train of thought. I think that is why they pulled the article; Janelle or Barb or whichever one sells them stories contacted them and said it wasn't true. I think the video was taken completely out of context for that fifteen second clip, because she never said that Jace said he heard voices, she only said that she asked if he did. My guess is she asked since her son is schizophrenic and it was probably after the school suggested he be testing for hyperactivity disorders. I don't even want to give that website the benefit of the doubt that they misheard her comment, because it was a shitty thing to report about a child, and she clearly said she asked him about it, not "Jace says he hears voices," like they reported.

ETA: I found the link for the original story that was a cached page, and it's gone now. It was The Ashley that reported it, and several of us disagreed at the time with their decision to post it and with what the video actually showed.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Christina said:

Regarding Jace hearing voices, one of those sites (the Ashley I think but don't remember for sure) posted an article that said Barb was caught on Javi's Snapchat saying Jace heard voices. They later pulled the article down, but it was saved online and I read it and listened to the short video. It's probably posted somewhere here on PTV because I remember talking about it way back when.

Barb did NOT say Jace heard voices. She was talking in run-on sentences and you hear her say, "...[A]nd then I said, 'Jace, do you hear voices?'" and changes the sentence to say that he was diagnosed with ADD. 

She never said he answered yes or no or anything further on hearing voices, but it didn't sound like he answered yes because she changed her train of thought. I think that is why they pulled the article; Janelle or Barb or whichever one sells them stories contacted them and said it wasn't true. I think the video was taken completely out of context for that fifteen second clip, because she never said that Jace said he heard voices, she only said that she asked if he did. My guess is she asked since her son is schizophrenic and it was probably after the school suggested he be testing for hyperactivity disorders. I don't even want to give that website the benefit of the doubt that they misheard her comment, because it was a shitty thing to report about a child, and she clearly said she asked him about it, not "Jace says he hears voices," like they reported.

Ok that's what I figured bc even if he was schizophrenic, symptoms of it (like hearing voices, etc) don't usually appear in males until their late teens-early 20's. it's incredibly, incredibly rare for a child Jace's age to be hearing voices (excluding temporary illnesses such as a high fever, etc) or show any signs of schizophrenia. And a person would not be put on ADD medication for hearing voices. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nikita said:
  •  

Really? It screamed reenactment to me. Aubree's face constantly registered confusion at the charade, the standing while presenting the two gifts that Aubree was thoroughly unmoved by (though Cole seemed to love them), the cake in the plastic grocery store bag and still with the lid on, Aubree putting the candle in herself, and a pinata for one kid? "Do you feel spesh?" LMAO, not at all.

Not here but elsewhere I argued Chelsea could have made an effort to ensure Adam was at the dance. No, it's not her job, and it wouldn't have been fair. But sometimes you take one for the team for your kid. Sometimes it seems Chelsea is more interested in having Adam disappoint Aubree than assist in avoiding that disappointment. And she really needn't bother. It will become obvious to Aubree one day what a terrible father Adam is.

I repeat: Chelsea encouraging Adam to attend the dance is *not* her job. It's *not* fair to expect her to do that. Adam's actions/inaction are is own. *But* if the endgame is Adam being at the dance and Chelsea could have reminded him, then what's the harm really? If the goal is for Aubree's dad to be at the dance *for* Aubree, is it really too much to ask Chelsea to nudge him? Hell, he may've ignored her out of spite, but I see parents sacrificing a hell of a lot more for their kids than deigning to nudge a neglectful dad.

O.o

I hate being an Adumb defender. Especially for this situation because it's not going to be the first or last time that Adam forgets something important to Aubree.

Chelsea could have shot his parents' a friendly reminder text (for all we know, she might have, with zero results). They did raise a raging selfish narcissist, so I wouldn't put too much credence into their support. For Aubree's sake, instead of venting to her friend, she could have done something more constructive. A "happy bday card signed Love, Dad" would have fixed this, at least until Aubree is old enough to decipher her mom's handwriting.

I know she doesn't want to have anything to do with Adam, but not everyone is perfect. Even good parents forget on occasion. He should have set up a calendar alert though. 

I get why Chelsea is hands off. Adam is just a roll of stressful mindfuckery, the only cloud in her perfect blue sky. All she can do is wait for the day she gets the call that frees her from his nefarious clutches. Or for him to fall off a cliff. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spiderella2 said:

I hate being an Adumb defender. Especially for this situation because it's not going to be the first or last time that Adam forgets something important to Aubree.

Chelsea could have shot his parents' a friendly reminder text (for all we know, she might have, with zero results). They did raise a raging selfish narcissist, so I wouldn't put too much credence into their support. For Aubree's sake, instead of venting to her friend, she could have done something more constructive. A "happy bday card signed Love, Dad" would have fixed this, at least until Aubree is old enough to decipher her mom's handwriting.

I know she doesn't want to have anything to do with Adam, but not everyone is perfect. Even good parents forget on occasion. He should have set up a calendar alert though. 

I get why Chelsea is hands off. Adam is just a roll of stressful mindfuckery, the only cloud in her perfect blue sky. All she can do is wait for the day she gets the call that frees her from his nefarious clutches. Or for him to fall off a cliff. 

(Bolding mine) I disagree with this. Chelsea faking a bday card from Adam will do Aubree more harm than good in the long run. I think it's better Aubree have low expectations of her father's behavior based on the reality of his actions than have the ball dropped on her later when she finds out her mom spent years faking bday cards. Children are smarter than they seem  they know who really loves them and who doesn't.

Aubrey is a little girl surrounded by love (thank goodness), her self esteem won't be improved by faux gestures of love "from Adam"  best she not get her hopes up young and she won't be disappointed much as an adult.

If my mom had done that to me growing up I would be down right livid as an adult. 

• Love 24
8 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't think dating people of color automatically means you're not racist

Kailyn has made racist comments in the past. I found that really confusing. I have to hope she was just really misguided and that she learned about the deeper implications of what she was saying in her college coursework. She does have a highly diverse group of friends. 

But yeah, if I had to guess who was *most* racist on this show, it would be Jeremy and Corey. I know we like Corey here, but a Confederate flag is a Confederate flag. And they have the least diverse and most ignorant surroundings. 

I agree, men can date women and still be misogynistic towards women. I heard some unbelievable comments from men while Hillary was running for president that had NOTHING to do with the election while coming home to their sweet wives that they love. ?

• Love 14

You're probably right. Just in the scheme of decency for this situation, I would want Aubree's young, tender heart to be spared as much as possible. Parents go into this huge lie to their kids every year about Santa, this is quite similar. Solitary male figure who shows up once a year...I was thinking, a card would be low stress for Chelsea with good impact--- and it might prevent a little girl from crying her eyes out every birthday because her dad doesn't love her enough to care. No matter how many parties Chelsea throws Aubree, deadbeat dad can ruin every single one just by being a no-call no-show. 

My dad travelled a lot for work and he missed many an important event in our childhood, even a handful of birthdays.  I understood very early on (probably around 5 or 6). He always called, no matter where he was in the whole entire world. That is the bare, basic minimum, and Adumb couldn't even do that. 

I know this isn't Chelsea's fault, and she can only do so much on her end. He is a grown man, and here I am suggesting to treat him like a preschooler. The way he's been acting, a preschooler stuck in an adult body. At times, Aubs seems more mature than him. 

If Chelsea had made a huge stink about him missing Aubs bday in the past, ratted him out to his parents, would or could that have made a difference? If that didn't work, then call him from a different number, and put Aubree on the phone when he answers. 

She is completely hands off with him to an extent that she doesn't see what role she could play toward finding a solution. Adumb is never going to be FOTY, he's never going to show up unless he's been constantly reminded. 

There is no one that can help Aubree deal with this rejection on a visceral except for a good therapist, a priest who can expel Adumbs demons, and maybe her mom. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spiderella2 said:

You're probably right. Just in the scheme of decency for this situation, I would want Aubree's young, tender heart to be spared as much as possible. Parents go into this huge lie to their kids every year about Santa, this is quite similar. Solitary male figure who shows up once a year...I was thinking, a card would be low stress for Chelsea with good impact--- and it might prevent a little girl from crying her eyes out every birthday because her dad doesn't love her enough to care. No matter how many parties Chelsea throws Aubree, deadbeat dad can ruin every single one just by being a no-call no-show. 

My dad travelled a lot for work and he missed many an important event in our childhood, even a handful of birthdays.  I understood very early on (probably around 5 or 6). He always called, no matter where he was in the whole entire world. That is the bare, basic minimum, and Adumb couldn't even do that. 

I know this isn't Chelsea's fault, and she can only do so much on her end. He is a grown man, and here I am suggesting to treat him like a preschooler. The way he's been acting, a preschooler stuck in an adult body. At times, Aubs seems more mature than him. 

If Chelsea had made a huge stink about him missing Aubs bday in the past, ratted him out to his parents, would or could that have made a difference? If that didn't work, then call him from a different number, and put Aubree on the phone when he answers. 

She is completely hands off with him to an extent that she doesn't see what role she could play toward finding a solution. Adumb is never going to be FOTY, he's never going to show up unless he's been constantly reminded. 

There is no one that can help Aubree deal with this rejection on a visceral except for a good therapist, a priest who can expel Adumbs demons, and maybe her mom. 

Or Aubree might not care so much because her emotional needs have always been met by other parental figures (her Mom, grandparents, step dad etc).

However Aubree does or doesn't feel about Adam is her right, and those feelings may evolve as she gets older. I think all Chelsea and the other ppl named above can do is love her best they can (which they are doing). End of the day Aubree will choose for herself how much power Adam has over her heart. 

Similarly with Jace and Jenelle. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, nikita said:

Why not? Chelsea could call him out of Aubree's hearing and say, "Did you want to talk to Aubree today? Aubree, your dad's on the phone!" Or -- horror of horrors -- invite him to a birthday get-together, just Aubree and him. It's not that much of an effort on her part. But I get why she doesn't do that. I really do. It sucks when you want someone to be a part of your kid's life and he doesn't make the tiniest of efforts. But I do get the sense a part of Chelsea likes the confirmation that Adam is a jerk. It's just that if it were important to her for Adam to spend time with Aubree, she could facilitate that. But it's not fair to her. And in fact I can easily see Adam not even agreeing to anything. 

In theory this sounds like a good idea but when dealing with a deadbeat parent it just doesn't work. My daughters birthday was, last weekend.  Ever since we split I've invited her dad to her birthday parties.  He's never attended one and hes never had a party or cake for her on her own.  This year however he did take her to his girlfriends sons party which was held at McDonald's.  She was hopeful he'd have a, party like that for her.  Nope.  Our custody order says he gets her from 2pm to 8pm on her birthday.  I know for a fact he had the day off.  Yet he didn't even call her.  Adam is an adult just as my ex pretends to be.  They don't need hand holding.  If they want to see their kids they will.  Imo Chelsea could waste time calling Adam and reminding him of everything and he'd still have every excuse in the book as to why he can't be bothered to parent his adorable daughter.  I hope Aubrey doesn't suffer because of Adams indifference. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, nikita said:

Why not? Chelsea could call him out of Aubree's hearing and say, "Did you want to talk to Aubree today? Aubree, your dad's on the phone!" Or -- horror of horrors -- invite him to a birthday get-together, just Aubree and him. It's not that much of an effort on her part. But I get why she doesn't do that. I really do. It sucks when you want someone to be a part of your kid's life and he doesn't make the tiniest of efforts. But I do get the sense a part of Chelsea likes the confirmation that Adam is a jerk. It's just that if it were important to her for Adam to spend time with Aubree, she could facilitate that. But it's not fair to her. And in fact I can easily see Adam not even agreeing to anything Chelsea arranged/reminded him of, just for meanness.

Bothered me, too. Defo felt patronized especially after all of Kail's "I'm not talking about it on camera." Then WTF are you doing on this show, why is MTV paying you, and why am I watching? LOL

In the words of mama dawn, you can't chase down a deadbeat dad.  Let's be real, if it wasn't for the cameras, Aubree likely wouldn't even know who Adam is. Also, if Chelsea gets in the habit of chasing Adam down like she's his mother as you propose, the minute she DOESN'T call him over the next 12 years to remind him of something, he'll put the blame squarely on her.   Once you start that habit, it's a very slippery slope.  Not to mention the fact that it might be better for Aubree to manage her expectations with respect to Adam while she's young then create this false illusion of Adam being a caring father that she gets used to, which is just setting her up for heartbreak later. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 11

When Chelsea picked Aubree up from school, she asked Aubree if "anyone else" was there beside grandma. I take that to mean Adam promised at some point to have school/birthday lunch with his daughter and it was a toss up to whether or not he went. Adam, if he doesn't have Chelsea reminding him like a child, also has his mother and father. We don't see them, but I can't imagine a scenario where Adam's mother went and didn't at the least mention it to Adam. He knew, he just didn't give a shit.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Was Lincoln wearing an AWESOME AUNT t-shirt?  HAH!  When he told Kail she was his best friend?  Way too cute, too.  She totally lit up during that conversation and for a second I loved her.  But then....well....all good things must pass...

Kail does have a lot of cute, genuine moments with her kids. 

• Love 1

Adam, if he doesn't have Chelsea reminding him like a child, also has his mother and father. We don't see them, but I can't imagine a scenario where Adam's mother went and didn't at the least mention it to Adam. He knew, he just didn't give a shit.

Let's look at Ryan (TM1) who has this very scenario going on and we do have the benefit of watching the grandparents reminding him of events, holidays, birthdays, etc. Ryan pisses it away for the most part. If Adumb doesn't give a shit about his daughter, is he honestly going to listen to the rest of the people in his life? Maya Angelou said it best - "When people show you who you are, believe them." That is one of many mottos I live by. I am sure at this stage Chelsea has learned who Adumb is. She also has a lot more interaction with the guy than we do. If she is not pushing it any further, I believe it is because she knows no matter what, she will be the one he blames. Better to step back and let Adumb show Aubree who he is.

• Love 7

Hopefully Chelsea stops asking Aubree directly about Adam.  She was smart to ask about "anyone else" at the lunch rather than pointing out Adam directly, even though we all know who she meant, and Aubree probably did, too.     If Chelsea can lower expectations for Adam's presence in Aubree's life (a la "that's just how your dad is; doesn't mean he doesn't love you"),  then Aubree will most likely be okay.   As others have pointed out, she has lots of people in her life who do love her and who do make time to spend with her.

After my parents divorced, my father married a woman who had a daughter from a previous marriage.   My stepsister's biological father had (and continues to have) next to nothing to do with her.  My dad formally adopted her a few years after his marriage to her mother.  She considers my dad her real father and even though she invited the bio dad to her wedding, she had my father walk her down the aisle during her wedding.     I see Aubree having a similar situation  with Cole.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

Let's look at Ryan (TM1) who has this very scenario going on and we do have the benefit of watching the grandparents reminding him of events, holidays, birthdays, etc. Ryan pisses it away for the most part. If Adumb doesn't give a shit about his daughter, is he honestly going to listen to the rest of the people in his life? Maya Angelou said it best - "When people show you who you are, believe them." That is one of many mottos I live by. I am sure at this stage Chelsea has learned who Adumb is. She also has a lot more interaction with the guy than we do. If she is not pushing it any further, I believe it is because she knows no matter what, she will be the one he blames. Better to step back and let Adumb show Aubree who he is.

Yep. It's Adam's job to show his daughter who he is, not Chelsea's. And his parents have actually defended him to Chelsea and blamed her. Shows where he gets it. She was blamed before for talking to him too much, now he blames her for not contacting him enough. Her life can't revolve around Adam's current tantrum about how many texts Chelsea sends him. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The problem with Adam is he really doesn't want to be a father to Aubree, but like most narcissists, he won't cut the cord entirely because he's too selfish. I think both he and Chelsea have been petty at times in terms of the co-parenting, and neither one wants an amenable relationship, albeit for different reasons. Adam, because he just doesn't care and doesn't want to be called out on his bullshit, and Chelsea because she wants him to fall off a cliff so Cole can take his place. When Adam wanted to sign away his rights on 16&P, Chelsea should've taken him up on his offer, but she was young and inexperienced and had no way of knowing he'd be an even bigger asshole now than he was seven years ago. Unfortunately it's a bad situation all the way around and the only loser in it is Aubree. 

Totally agree. The thing with Adam is that he truly doesn't want to be a father and he doesn't WANT to spent time with Aubree, he's not not doing these things out of spite or to piss off Chelsea, it's just way to much work and he doesn't enjoy it.  He will never step up to the plate. It sucks for Aubree, but that's who he is and he's not going to change 

• Love 6

Typical Jenelle in this episode.  Whining about not having custody with Jace yet continuing to put her loser boyfriends ahead of him.  She keeps mentioning that she's financially stable (she's not) and that she has a house now (no, she had LAND, no house on it at the time the episode was filmed).  Having money does not make you a good parent.  Case in point:  Kim Kardashian.  Why would Jenelle even want to bring Jace to NY when it was clearly a business trip.  Can you imagine how bored he would be while Jenelle and this "United Kingdom" guy talked business?  

Leah, I'm sorry to say, is anorexic.  When she's at the playground with Addie and she bends down, you can see every bone on her spine protruding.  My sister has battled anorexia for 30 years and is built the same way.  Leah needs help, she can't afford to lose anymore weight.

Please Chelsea, please do something with that rat's nest on your head.  Your hair (is that even your real hair or extensions) looks ratty and like you just woke up out of bed.  And while we're on the subject of appearances, can you please ditch the boots with the denim shorts?  Pretty please?

The best part of the episode?  Javi referring to his family as his "empire." OMFG!!!!!

Edited by Phoebe70
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Why would Jenelle even want to bring Jace to NY when it was clearly a business trip.  Can you imagine how bored he would be while Jenelle and this "United Kingdom" guy talked business?  

It made absolutely no sense. Assuming they had to connect to get to NYC, Friday would've been a wash because by the time they fought traffic and got to the hotel it would've been early evening. Saturday was tied up with Jenelle's business meeting and then they were leaving on Sunday, so when exactly would Jace have had the opportunity to see the city? 80% of the trip would've been sitting in airports, taxis and hotels. Hardly worth pulling the kid out of school for. 

• Love 9
On 2/20/2017 at 9:05 PM, Brooklynista said:

Wait. Cole just BUILT a crib? If we can avoid hearing that voice my panties might stay moist.

My fiance just built us a dining room table.  Take it from me: it's the best possible thing for your relationship.

On 2/20/2017 at 11:42 PM, kdl88 said:

Is that a new BMW Kailyn is driving? And a new Louis Vuitton backpack? I normally don't judge how these women spend their money, but she seems a bit out of control. Like, I can technically afford to jet off to Hawaii tomorrow, but I am saving that money.  

Jenelle might be less self-aware than Leah,  and that is really saying something. 

I think Kail developed some dependapotamus syndrome.  She spends money she doesn't have because she doesn't have to worry about housing, food, or child support.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:46 AM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Something is clearly wrong with Leah. Her body looks like Gollum. It's creepy 

"My preciouses."

On 2/21/2017 at 2:41 PM, saratothej said:

I see your point, but I still wouldn't want the life most of these girls have. All still have issues dealing with the baby daddy/momma, regardless of the size of their bank accounts.  I think the show still continues to do a good job of showing the struggles they face. 

I wish they would hire girls and pay in a trust for their or their child's education.  That way we could see them struggle to get by as a teen mom, but there would be some benefit to them.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Not everyone has the gift of writing like Tyler Baltierra. 

This made me choke on my Cheez-its. I just hope he doesn't read here. He'll think you're being serious. 

16 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree about aubree's birthday being a reenactment. She did look constantly confused, and though Chelsea is sometimes lazy, she is a devoted enough mother that she would baked a homemade cake. I just don't see Chelsea whipping a carrot cake out of a Walmart bag right in front of Aubree and that counting as her "birthday cake!" Also, school night or not, I do bet Randy would have been at the informal family birthday dinner too. Nothing about it seemed authentic, and it sort of bothered me. It seems like Chelsea considers ALL semi-important events off limits now, and would rather sloppily patronize the audience with a half assed attempt at realism. Kail is halfway there, and when Leah and Jenelle decide to do this, we will have no show!

The car scenes were definitely of Aubree's birthday; the kid seemed way too excited for it not to be. Did anyone notice, were they wearing the exact same clothes/hairstyles, etc?

I don't know, I don't even care if it was a reenactment. Let them have a private birthday moment to themselves. The other girls are fake as fuck about much more major things (pregnancies, dudes they're banging, how they handle a child's chronic illness). And Chelsea and Aubs give us plenty of authentic moments just driving around in the car or playing in the yard. It doesn't really bother me. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I thought it was Adumb's mom who went and had lunch with Aubree on her birthday? So they knew about. It doesn't matter. No one on this earth could force that loser to take an interest in his child. Sadly. Also, faking cards from her dad is a horrible idea, IMO. The sooner Aubree realizes the truth, the better. It's a cold, hard truth. But better to have an understanding of it from the jump than to be slapped in the face with it when you're older. Aubree has enough love in her life. I know it will still hurt that her dad didn't care, but the child isn't lacking. 

36 minutes ago, polandspring said:

My fiance just built us a dining room table.  Take it from me: it's the best possible thing for your relationship.

My husband built us an entire cabin in the Lake of the Ozarks. Single handedly. It ain't no shack either. Take that, Cole! ;)

• Love 18

Everyone is saying Cole "built the crib" but did he say he built it like, "from scratch"? Because I just assumed he put together one that came unassembled..like from ikea or whatever (it looked way nicer than one from ikea but that's just an example). It's very impressive if he did build it from scratch! I must've missed where he said that? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Wait, what?  Chelsea's supposed to lie to Aubree and give her card supposedly from Adumb?  Oh, hell no.

Adumb's own mother had lunch with Aubree at school on her birthday.  If anyone is responsible for reminding him about his daughter's birthday, it's her.  She raised him to be a narcissistic douchebag.  I see no defense for that asshat.

• Love 15

Chelsea and Aubs give us plenty of authentic moments just driving around in the car or playing in the yard. It doesn't really bother me. 

Doesn't bother me either. Who else on this show makes a sandwich and takes their kid to feed the turtles and does so as if it is something they do on the regular? I will take Chelsea any day of the week and her family scenes over the bullshit the other girls try and dole out. There is a difference between something being done quietly like a family celebrating a child's birthday with a simple cake than the fakery such as Adumb pretending to take an interest in his two children.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Everyone is saying Cole "built the crib" but did he say he built it like, "from scratch"? Because I just assumed he put together one that came unassembled..like from ikea or whatever (it looked way nicer than one from ikea but that's just an example). It's very impressive if he did build it from scratch! I must've missed where he said that? 

Yes, from scratch.

cole-1.jpg?fit=w=680

• Love 9

I came into the discussion about how Chelsea handled the father/daughter dance late in that thread, after the other poster was getting reamed and stayed out of it because the discussion had been going circular for a while at that point, but I absolutely think Chelsea handled it wrong. She told three different stories, and in the one to Randy, she said that Adam texted her back that the dance wasn't listed on the website and he didn't know when it was and she told Randy that it was his problem. Most people here agreed, but even after one person posted that the information isn't on the web at their kids schools either, it was still Adam's problem.

Those type of things are not on the website for the schools in my district, and they don't give the information out over the phone. You learn about them when the paper comes home from school, with the dates and times listed on it. Chelsea received that; Adam didn't. They certainly wouldn't give info out on the phone for some man who says he is a father, when as far as they knew, it was a crazy Teen Mom stalker. Even if he could have drove to the school to ask, I don't believe he has the legal authority to do so; he only has visitation rights.

Chelsea wanted Cole to go and wasn't going to tell Adam the date and time. She even told Aubree that she texted him and hadn't heard back and asked if she was okay with Cole taking her if her dad couldn't. I think Adam would have taken Aubree, not because he wanted to spend time with her as a parent, but because he knew it would piss off Chelsea that Cole couldn't take her. He is a complete and utter ass with no redeeming qualities and doesn't deserve Chelsea hand-holding him, but Aubree wanted him there and unfortunately, that becomes Chelsea's cross to bear. I also have a dead-beat ex, and in my case, he became an alcoholic and our relationship and family couldn't survive. I do not remind him of birthdays, my son is now 20 and knows his dad is a deadbeat, but a school function that he couldn't know about without me telling him? My problem for my son's benefit. 

• Love 6

I agree about the dance. I think that's one instance where Chelsea was deliberately vague because she was embarrassed to have douchey roid rager Adam there as her kid's father instead of squeaky clean Ken Doll Cole. Adam certainly could have made more of an effort if he truly wanted to attend, but Chelsea wasn't exactly innocent in this case either. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, polandspring said:

I think Kail developed some dependapotamus syndrome.  She spends money she doesn't have because she doesn't have to worry about housing, food, or child support.

"My preciouses."

I wish they would hire girls and pay in a trust for their or their child's education.  That way we could see them struggle to get by as a teen mom, but there would be some benefit to them.

Random. My husband and I just watched the lord of the rings and the hobbit for the first time last week and he's been non-stop impersonating gollum (he does it creepishly accurate) repeating "my precious" and "and never come back" AND to see it mentioned on this forum this exact week is crazy. ?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I thought it was Adumb's mom who went and had lunch with Aubree on her birthday? So they knew about. It doesn't matter. No one on this earth could force that loser to take an interest in his child. Sadly. Also, faking cards from her dad is a horrible idea, IMO. The sooner Aubree realizes the truth, the better. It's a cold, hard truth. But better to have an understanding of it from the jump than to be slapped in the face with it when you're older. Aubree has enough love in her life. I know it will still hurt that her dad didn't care, but the child isn't lacking. 

My husband built us an entire cabin in the Lake of the Ozarks. Single handedly. It ain't no shack either. Take that, Cole! ;)

My husband built our son a Swiss family tree house bed with a rope bridge and all. No exaggeration. ?

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree about the dance. I think that's one instance where Chelsea was deliberately vague because she was embarrassed to have douchey roid rager Adam there as her kid's father instead of squeaky clean Ken Doll Cole. Adam certainly could have made more of an effort if he truly wanted to attend, but Chelsea wasn't exactly innocent in this case either. 

Adumb has been to Aubree's school to have lunch with her. We know this because Aubree and Adumb mentioned this. He also went for movie night at her school. Chelsea obviously had to approve him for the school because Adumb does not have primary custody. As mentioned above, the school is not going to just let some random guy be allowed to have lunch with a student. Why would Chelsea suddenly not want Adumb to be at a school dance when he has been there for lunch and likely other events where parents have already seen him? The parents likely already know of Teen Mom and know of Adam. 

Something about a man, or woman, who can create things with their hands just warms my heart. My dad built many things by hand. He built my swingset when I was 5 years old. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Hold up. People really think Chelsea should have made a faux card for Aubrees birthday because Adam cannot be bothered to tell his daughter on his own? 

Look I understand mothers will sign cards for fathers if there's a situation like the father is working away from home but this isn't the circumstance we have with Adam. Adam is not seeing Aubree from his own choice of choosing to sleep in or go to the gym.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Hold up. People really think Chelsea should have made a faux card for Aubrees birthday because Adam cannot be bothered to tell his daughter on his own? 

Look I understand mothers will sign cards for fathers if there's a situation like the father is working away from home but this isn't the circumstance we have with Adam. Adam is not seeing Aubree from his own choice of choosing to sleep in or go to the gym.

Only one person mentioned the card idea. We nixed the idea.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

He built it from scratch.  She snap chatted when they went and bought the wood/lumber to build it.  It was just sheets of wood. He turned it into that. 

Edited to add: oops I'm late to the game. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1

There's *no* way a father could find out about school events? I call bullshit. 

Also, when Adam defended himself about that incident, he just said he couldn't make it then but he did do something else with his daughter the next week and why didn't MTV show that? From what I recall, he didn't say Chelsea didn't tell him that was happening. I could be wrong. 

ETA: just looked it up. Aubree asked him why he couldn't come. He says he was weightlifting. So no, I'm pretty sure he knew. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

He did know there was a dance. He didn't know the date and time and asked Chelsea, who told Randy she didn't tell him. And no, he couldn't just figure it out on his own. I do remember now that he said he had lunch with her and a movie night. He has also been back to court and had the supervised portion of his parenting plan removed. For the protection of the kids, that information is only given out when they send the notification home with the kids. It's not on the web, they don't tell you over the phone, and Chelsea had it and didn't give it to him. That is the way it works in my school district in Ohio, my sisters in Florida and North Carolina, and is probably the same everywhere because it is a safety issue. I'll bow out of the conversation now, since I think we are going to hit a new circle. I don't think she handled it right for Aubree. I don't give a rat's ass about Adam.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2017 at 10:41 PM, CofCinci said:

For a 12:45 flight, you should get to the airport around 10:45-ish. How far is the airport from Jace?  The kid would have most likely missed the whole school day. 

I, too, picked up on that.  While she should have checked with Barb well before that week, I really think the possible benefit of a trip to the city would far outweigh missing school for one day, especially at that age.  I just question the wisdom of having Janelle be the "adult" to take him there.

When my kids were all in grade school, we took them out of school a couple hours early to take them to see a touring company do "Cats."  The school secretary tried to lay a guilt trip on me about it being an illegal absence, and I responded that I felt the benefits of seeing a live Broadway show were greater than staying in their classroom for the last couple hours of a day.  

• Love 1
On 2/21/2017 at 9:23 AM, BXD said:

You can literally count Leah's bones. That can NOT be normal and it's starting to freak me out. I feel like it gets worse every week!!

Now it's like she has an eating disorder, or she's on some kind of uppers. Or both.

2 hours ago, salvame said:

I, too, picked up on that.  While she should have checked with Barb well before that week, I really think the possible benefit of a trip to the city would far outweigh missing school for one day, especially at that age.  I just question the wisdom of having Janelle be the "adult" to take him there.

When my kids were all in grade school, we took them out of school a couple hours early to take them to see a touring company do "Cats."  The school secretary tried to lay a guilt trip on me about it being an illegal absence, and I responded that I felt the benefits of seeing a live Broadway show were greater than staying in their classroom for the last couple hours of a day.  

I would love to know what activities Jenelle had planned for that trip that would be fun and/or educational for a 6 year old.

• Love 6

He did know there was a dance. He didn't know the date and time and asked Chelsea, who told Randy she didn't tell him. And no, he couldn't just figure it out on his own. I do remember now that he said he had lunch with her and a movie night. He has also been back to court and had the supervised portion of his parenting plan removed. For the protection of the kids, that information is only given out when they send the notification home with the kids. It's not on the web, they don't tell you over the phone, and Chelsea had it and didn't give it to him. That is the way it works in my school district in Ohio, my sisters in Florida and North Carolina, and is probably the same everywhere because it is a safety issue. I'll bow out of the conversation now, since I think we are going to hit a new circle. I don't think she handled it right for Aubree. I don't give a rat's ass about Adam.

Bullshit.  He knows when movie night is but the day/time of this elusive dance is somehow a state secret?   He's her father, he's obviously listed as such with her school, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go to lunch or movie night.  Adam didn't go to the dance because he didn't want to.  Just like he didn't call her on her birthday, didn't show up for her first day of school, etc.  His parents have visitation with Aubree every other weekend.  Adam just pops his head in from time to time when the cameras are on.

• Love 16