Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Harry's Meat And Gatsby's Fete

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Maybe Eden just wanted a "thank you" from Kim for helping her down the stairs?  Kim really didn't acknowledge her at all once she got safely down.  Of course Kim could have been afraid that in muttering two those words, Eden would interpret them to mean she now has permission to rule Kim's life

Or be subject to a diatribe regarding tone and tenor.....

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I dunno, a lot of them look like they'd be fun.

I have a friend who was a Bravo producer for RHBH and he was always invited to the White Parties.  He said they were great, lots of fun.  Even after he left Bravo, he continued to be invited to Kyles parties.   I have to check with him so see if he went to the Gatsby one.    He had some great stories to share!

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Side note: I think the last party I went to was in 1997. That said, if Kyle invited me to one of hers (I don't foresee this happening), I'd RSVP a solid no.

Isn't her failure of a party planner the same gargantuan guy who was squatting in Vicki Gunvalson's house with her hoard of surplus furniture in like, season 3 of RHOC?! God. I'd rather go to Taylor's bratty kid's mad hatter birthday party (you remember, the one where Taylor's icky kid just wanted to unwrap presents and have some ice cream. Instead she had to watch Mommy get a buzz on and mug for the cameras and hand out barbie necklaces) than any Kyle party. They're just consistently weird and horrible. Is the morally corrupt Faye Resnick helping plan these too or what?!? They're just so awkward all the time.

Two different guys - the guy that was squatting in Vicki's house was named Frankie, and I don't think he was a party/event planner.  

I don't know - Kyle's parties look, for the most part, to be fun - as long as you stay out of earshot of the rest of the Housewives.  ;-)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bluedog100 said:

I I tend to like the White Parties better, too. Some of those wigs and costumes really seemed to age the guests. But unlike other posters, I got NO drag queen vibes from Erica. I thought she looked AMAZING. Best in show. But stop talking about how guarded you are and just give genuine warmth a chance! You might be surprised by the loverly difference it makes in dealing with people.

As someone who has watched hours of RuPaul's drag race, I really don't get the connection. Does she has a shit ton of makeup on? Sure, lots of times. Does it look anything like drag makeup?  Not one bit.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

This part kinds hits home about how I've always felt about the Richards sisters and some people's need to see Kyle cut Kim off completely. There are so many tricky decisions and as dire as the situation is as a whole people seem to forget how possible the above is and then where would Kyle be? I would be too afraid of how it would haunt me afterwards with absolutely no chance to fix things. This is not the type of situation where you want to be haunted by shoulda, coulda, woulda forever. Crazy how we actually have an example on the show of how this scenario played out for someone else.

Definitely agree. I think the way Eden speaks about her relationship with her sister and interjecting her own opinions on how to handle someone with addiction all seems to point to a person who is battling with a decision they made. Encouraging that Kyle needs to do the same thing with Kim looks like her seeking indirect affirmation that she did the right thing. Even when she speaks of her sister, she speaks with a confidence that her sister's death by addiction was an act of fate because she wasn't cut out for this world. That sounds like someone who needs to be reminded and convince others that there was nothing that they could have done, therefore, their absence made no difference to the outcome.

It's an understandable thought that you want to create consequences for an addict in an effort to help them 'get it' but the problem with consequences that include eliminating a support system, is that if it doesn't work and that person dies, you're left to continue struggling with your decisions and regret. It's more peace of mind for everyone to feel like you've done all you could then to say 'if only'. This is the place Kyle comes from and I don't for a second blame her or consider that enabling.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm confused as to why Eden would expect anything at all from Kim.  They aren't friends.  Kim hasn't asked Eden for advice about sobriety, as far as I know.  Pretty much anyone would help someone else down a couple of steps.  Kim's reaction to Eden is probably just a result of Kim wondering where Eden came from and why she's always in her face.  Jesus.  I just defended Kim Richards.  Is this the world we live in?

I agree. I'm totally Team Kim on this one. Eden seems to think she is God's gift or something. Like she's the answer to all of Kim Richard's prayers. And Kim is all, "Who? What? Why???"

10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Awkward how? IMO Kyle's parties always look pretty fun.  There is always great food, lots of booze, and I love the way you usually have folks dancing at her parties. They always look like actual parties, and not just a requisite Bravo hosted event. They seem like parties she would be having regardless of the TV cameras, and we know that is the case because she has been having the White Party since long before she joined the show. I wish she would go back to having them. Loved the consistency of them. 

I agree. Kyle's parties always seem authentic and fun, not just people gathered together because they have to be. There are always a ton of people at them as well, people you know come to her parties annually and have been since before the cameras. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Isn't her failure of a party planner the same gargantuan guy who was squatting in Vicki Gunvalson's house with her hoard of surplus furniture in like, season 3 of RHOC?

I don't think it's the same guy--he looks too upbeat.  I actually had to look this up (what is WRONG with me???).   Here's the guy and he's "Frankie," from a 2007 article on RHOC.

Frankie.jpg

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Definitely agree. I think the way Eden speaks about her relationship with her sister and interjecting her own opinions on how to handle someone with addiction all seems to point to a person who is battling with a decision they made. Encouraging that Kyle needs to do the same thing with Kim looks like her seeking indirect affirmation that she did the right thing. Even when she speaks of her sister, she speaks with a confidence that her sister's death by addiction was an act of fate because she wasn't cut out for this world. That sounds like someone who needs to be reminded and convince others that there was nothing that they could have done, therefore, their absence made no difference to the outcome.

It's an understandable thought that you want to create consequences for an addict in an effort to help them 'get it' but the problem with consequences that include eliminating a support system, is that if it doesn't work and that person dies, you're left to continue struggling with your decisions and regret. It's more peace of mind for everyone to feel like you've done all you could then to say 'if only'. This is the place Kyle comes from and I don't for a second blame her or consider that enabling.

Thank You!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

On 2/1/2017 at 11:23 AM, breezy424 said:

The more I'm getting to know Eden, the more she seems like Yolanda 2.0.

Well Edam is a Dutch cheese so she will have a built in fan base. It's a matter of time before she starts posting #soberselfies.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

We have no idea what the relationship between Eden and her sister was at the time of her death.  I doubt Eden is able to accurately recall what was going on.  Since then I think she has created an alternate universe where she is the ruler and all others obey her.

Eden has a new reality show coming out in March:   http://www.realitytea.com/2017/02/02/eden-sassoon-done-richards-sisters-lisa-rinna-reveals-new-show-coming-march/  I have been wondering why she gets these long interviews.  Maria Menounos is producing her new show with Dionne Warwick's son .

• Love 1
20 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Why was Lisa VP wearing her tiara on her forehead? 

Because that is a 1920s flapper look.  Keeping with the party theme.     I thought she looked good.  Also, knew she smoked but not on camera.  Guess it was ok for her to smoke using the cigarette holder.  That way it was also part of her costume.  I like how the London Ladies don't hide their cigarettes from the camera.  I don't smoke, but if you do, own it.

• Love 15

In other news, Eden has a new show in the works, airing on Maria Menounos‘ AfterBuzz TV network in March. Eden is working with Dionne Warwick‘s son Damon Elliot to find “real people dong real things and being really present here and now.”

“That’s the topic,” she says, “and then talking about people who are struggling and getting to the bottom of whatever it is.” Uhhh, well, ummm. OK. So was Kim Richards like Eden’s practice subject or something?

Hah! From the above RT piece.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ahahahhaaaaaha, the notion of Lisa V. needing to do anything is funny to me--especially something so insignificant! I think Lisa is pretty comfortable where she is and clearly has no issues showing her arms, "MAJOR cellulite" or not (not that she can get rid of it; if you have it, you have it). 

She may be comfortable in looking how she does or showing her cellulite arms, but she REALLY has a high opinion of herself. She's NOT attractive and REALLY looks older than she is. Her "do" is UNFLATTERING, and the low cut dresses showing her wrinkled upper chest area shows her age.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Why weren't any husband there?  HH did a BBQ for Eileen, Eden, Rinna and Kyle of the four two don't eat meat..  I personally don't like anything grilled where the griller uses half a container of lighter fluid.  All in all it was a nice, although poorly attended event. 

I don't know what their rules are, but it seems like he was just doing an obligatory "husband appearance" for the show.  Ken and Mauricio don't seem to mind them, and PK is obviously enjoying his, but I feel like Vince and Tom G. have already done theirs, and I'm not expecting to see them or HH again.  

12 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ahahahhaaaaaha, the notion of Lisa V. needing to do anything is funny to me--especially something so insignificant! I think Lisa is pretty comfortable where she is and clearly has no issues showing her arms, "MAJOR cellulite" or not (not that she can get rid of it; if you have it, you have it). 

If she had "arm issues" I don't think she'd have worn those horrible lace gloves at the beginning of the season :)

9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle cutting Eden a little slack calling it "timing" and her lack thereof.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-i-dont-feel-the-need  I would cut Eden some slack if she wasn't so obviously obsessed with her importance on the show.  It is 9 am on the west coast and so far Eden has tweeted or re-tweeted 28 times.  I would think in addition to her other mental health disorders she might want to add OCD.

Here is where Eden stood at 8:00 am:

Last few days from everyone who knows me #RHOBH shows how ugly theses (sic) women R & how they treat me w/disrespect & trash . . losing class.

Eden is another one who can't get out of her own way.  There is particularly vicious side to Eden that Kyle did address.  The comment about helping Kim down the stairs.  Kim explained why she was lame.  I don't know what more she wanted from Kim.

I think Kyle was extremely gracious to Eden in that blog, especially in light of the twitter info you shared.  Isn't it kind of a normal reaction, if you're standing there and someone is struggling on the stairs, to offer them an arm?  She says to Dorit, "So I helped her, because that's the kind of person I am." It doesn't take THAT nice of a person to do that, is all I'm saying.

7 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Maybe Eden just wanted a "thank you" from Kim for helping her down the stairs?  Kim really didn't acknowledge her at all once she got safely down.  Of course Kim could have been afraid that in muttering two those words, Eden would interpret them to mean she now has permission to rule Kim's life

And if you don't get a thank you from someone for a basic, casual gesture, the normal reaction is to be irritated for a second or two and go on with your life :)

6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I absolutely think Eden feels some guilt for what happened.  The thing about giving an ultimatum is that you have to carry through with it or you will never be believed again.  If she gave one because she thought it was the right thing to do and carried through with it - that was the risk she took.  She could have taken the call from her sister, and then if her sister later died she would now be feeling guilty for not sticking to her tough love.  That's why the whole addiction/enabling/etc. is so difficult for everyone involved.

I certainly have compassion for her on that, but if she were the voice of experience that she thinks she is, she wouldn't be handling Kim and Kyle the way she is.  She said (maybe last week), "That's all I need to see (or "I don't need to see very much") to know EXACTLY what's going on" and that's not true for anyone.  Even when Rinna was stirring the pot with her - we never saw her ask things like "Why do you think she's near death?" or "How does Kyle enable Kim?"

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Erika went up ten points on my "Popularity Poll" when Harry asked her what she would like (to eat) & she said "I'll love anything you give me."  How gracious a guest is that!!  Man, I was impressed!!

Erika is really a gracious guest.  She does seem to be the type of person that "goes with the flow" of the party - whatever it is.  

I'm watching again, and I meant to comment on this earlier - did anyone catch her jacket at Rinna's barbecue - the back of it says "Ultimate Grand Supreme" - perhaps a nod to "Toddlers and Tiaras" - isn't that the title that those ridiculous Moms little girls are always chasing??

• Love 9
On 2/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, howiveaddict said:

Because that is a 1920s flapper look.  Keeping with the party theme.     I thought she looked good.  Also, knew she smoked but not on camera.  Guess it was ok for her to smoke using the cigarette holder.  That way it was also part of her costume.  I like how the London Ladies don't hide their cigarettes from the camera.  I don't smoke, but if you do, own it.

We actually saw LVP smoke on camera a few seasons ago. The infamous balcony scene in S4 in PR. LVP and Ken reliving the horrid dinner when they got back to their hotel, drinking wine and smoking. And crying. And being shocked to find out that Brandi wasn't a good person. They were shocked I tell you. 

• Love 7

I thought Frankie was sort of hot. I thought Kyle's planner wasn't. They aren't the same guy. Kyle's guy looked like a poor Penn Teller. Obviously he isn't, but he looked it cuz of his sloppy clothes. 

Eden is out there. She seems like she would do great as a pre-k teacher or something, because she really has a hard time understanding adults, but likes loving on people. Toddlers love hugs. 

Harry Hamlin is super cool. I like his voice. But he's cheap. Lisa R said it, and I only see Good Housewife's money saving tips and suggestions when I see Harry. It's just what it is, not a bad thing. I wish my husband tried harder to save money.

If Lisa was irritated that Eden was bringing up "intimate subjects" she should have said something instead of bouncing away like a bunny. You can't take Eden aside and tell her nicely to change the topic? Really?

When Eden interrupted Kim and Kyle and asked, "Can I say something?" Kyle said, "Sure." 

WHY? Why didn't she just say that they were in the middle of a conversation? It's so easy to not engage with her, people just let Eden do whatever, and then talk shit later. I've seen many opps for the discussions to stop or just not happen. Not to defend Eden, but let's face it, it takes two to tango.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We actually saw LVP smoke on camera a few seasons ago. The infamous balcony scene in S4 in PR. LVP and Ken reliving the horrid dinner when they got back to their hotel, drinking wine and smoking. And crying. And being shocked to find out that Brandi wasn't a good person. They were shocked I tell you. 

Agreed - I think that was the only time we've ever seen LVP completely rattled.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Side note: I think the last party I went to was in 1997. That said, if Kyle invited me to one of hers (I don't foresee this happening), I'd RSVP a solid no.

Isn't her failure of a party planner the same gargantuan guy who was squatting in Vicki Gunvalson's house with her hoard of surplus furniture in like, season 3 of RHOC?! God. I'd rather go to Taylor's bratty kid's mad hatter birthday party (you remember, the one where Taylor's icky kid just wanted to unwrap presents and have some ice cream. Instead she had to watch Mommy get a buzz on and mug for the cameras and hand out barbie necklaces) than any Kyle party. They're just consistently weird and horrible. Is the morally corrupt Faye Resnick helping plan these too or what?!? They're just so awkward all the time.

On the topic of MCFR, she was there at the Gatsby party per the pics on her Insta. I'm now wondering why the hell we didn't get to see her guard-dogging Kim and Kyle against Eden, cause that would have been amazing. I'm not gonna pretend I hope that doesn't happen this season. 

But seriously- how weird is it she wasn't shown on camera at all?

• Love 2

Well, judging what I've seen from Eden, she wants a freaking banner for offering to help Kim down the stairs.  And yeah, Eden, it's not always about being 'drunk' or 'high'. Reminds me of Aviva's arrival in St.  Barths.  Yo would want a banner as well.  But heck.  Yo wanted a banner for just showing up..... 

LVP is very attractive.  Very attractive.  She does look 'dated' IMO.  Nope, age is not a crime.  It's not about age at all.  It's about being stuck in time....and the fear of doing something a little bit different. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It appears Eden has had her implants removed.   She keeps mentioning a surgery she had six weeks ago and she has a pretty flat chest in the interview I posted on her thread.  You can see the photo on her thread.  Gee I wonder why ###############truth is talking about it?  Come on Eden you are only as sick as your secrets. 

http://www.etonline.com/tv/209035_exclusive_eden_sassoon_rhobh_gatsby_party_and_pills/

Interesting that she says the soap sisters (Eileen and Rinna) do the most pot stirring....she said that even after she complained about Dorit stirring the pot.

• Love 3

LVP is very attractive.  Very attractive.  She does look 'dated' IMO.  Nope, age is not a crime.  It's not about age at all.  It's about being stuck in time....and the fear of doing something a little bit different. 

Point taken. But we don't know she's "stuck" or feels fear. I like  '70s clothing and '90s stuff (the latter being my so-called "heyday"). But I'm not scared--it's just what I like and what makes me have a good time getting (and being) dressed--and I say that as someone who agrees that Lisa's outfits don't always do her justice; I dig her in jeans and maxi dresses as opposed to Queen Bee stuff. But I think she's attractive in whatever--but I also like her personality, so that helps.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:
On 2/1/2017 at 10:40 PM, zulualpha said:

Why was Lisa VP wearing her tiara on her forehead? 

Because that is a 1920s flapper look.  Keeping with the party theme.     I thought she looked good.

I agree.  There are many (MANY!) tiara-headbands featured online in photos and for sale.

• Love 3
On 2/1/2017 at 0:24 PM, twilightzone said:

Who cares???  When you consider that the HW franchise is a minefield of bad husbands, boyfriends - who aren't even close to Harry Hamlin's star status - and for him to take the time to barbecue for his wife's friends.   It's easy to see why he was getting a lot of love on Twitter.

He's The King of reality tv manhood (an easy crown to win, admittedly). He appeared on a prestige show, grills meat to perfection, bakes pies, appears to love his crazy wife with a big mouth (figuratively and actually) and enjoys the Canadian wilderness more than the pissant wannabe streets of Los Angeles. Harry Hamlin is a boss.

She also needs to do something about her arms. MAJOR cellulite.

I think the only thing LVP needs to do is keep breathing, smiling and cashing those Bravo checks. She's reached that certain age in a woman's life (fifty-fuckoff) where the rubber hits somebody else's road. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

He's The King of reality tv manhood (an easy crown to win, admittedly). He appeared on a prestige show, grills meat to perfection, bakes pies, appears to love his crazy wife with big mouth (figuratively and actually) and enjoys the Canadian wilderness more than the pissant wannabe streets of Los Angeles. Harry Hamlin is a boss.

I think the only thing LVP needs to do is keep breathing (and cash those Bravo checks). She's reached that certain age in a woman's life (fifty-fuckoff) where the rubber hits somebody else's road. 

Haha this is the year I'll turn fifty - and even though it won't be until November, I'm embracing fifty-fuckoff starting tomorrow!! :)

• Love 14
On 2/1/2017 at 4:51 AM, English Teacher said:

Am I remembering this wrong or did Eden give an empty jar as a gift to Harry and Lisa? And she wanted to put chlorophyll or chloroform in it?!?!  

She said chlorophyll!!! And water, I think. I couldn't believe my ears. I guess I'm really out of the fad loop. I've never heard of that. And it's a "love jar" because you can put water and weird stuff into it? OK.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, renatae said:

She said chlorophyll!!! And water, I think. I couldn't believe my ears. I guess I'm really out of the fad loop. I've never heard of that. And it's a "love jar" because you can put water and weird stuff into it? OK.

Hahahhaaaa, the idea of chloroform in a "Love" jar is making me laugh! Maybe it can have matching "Love" rags so that when one is planning to take love by force, everything is all coordinated.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, renatae said:

I knew about chlorophyll, it's like the poor man's detox. One capful in a bottle of water is cheaper than a month's worth of designer lemonade, plus it actually has beneficial properties. But I can't fathom just pouring it in a jar. Having the extract diluted in water isn't the same as having a plant in the house. So weird! She's probably one of those "sober women" that gets really into crafting. 

• Love 3

Maybe I should look into this chlorophyll business--is it like a diffuser kind of situation? I like the idea of plants doing nice things for my indoor air but, except for one tenacious bamboo, I just cannot keeps plants healthy! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
Well, I was gonna delete that incorrect S on "keeps"...but it's making me laugh, so never mind.
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, SFoster21 said:

Agree that Rinna should have kept her mouth shut, but it's on Eden to swallow it whole and regurgitate to the person in question.  Eden was going there anyway; this was wood on the fire, not a starting match.

Rinna said it on camera, so I can't imagine she had any expectation of privacy.   Neither are in the clear. There's no keeping something quiet on this show. 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:17 PM, FairyDusted said:

I've come across some Edens and I tend to think they are likely not being treated as dual diagnosis. I feel bad for them but even more for the newbies that gravatate toward them sometimes.

I'd like to think it works if ya work it, as they say. That even the sickest can have slivers of serenity.

I think a dual diagnosis is why Eden still takes some prescription pill.  She says she could give up Lexapro and still be fine. I hope she doesn't. It's easy for someone whose depression is drug regulated to think they are fine and stop taking their medication. At least this is what I read. I'm no expert. 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:23 PM, queenjen said:

hell to the yeah. Harry handling the pie dough, rolling it around in his hot hands..pie dough hates that. Got to keep it COLD, or it'll be flat and greasy and tough. Looked like he was just doing the pie tops, though, bottoms looked premade.

Bread is a tougher bird than pie crust, you can handle bread dough a lot more roughly.

Omg YES. My little baker's soul just cringed when I saw him practically kneading the dough. The number one rule is keep your hands off as much as possible. I even put the butter and shortening (I'm a combo user) in the freezer.  

I think Erica is a pretty decent down to earth person.  I think she looks very pretty when she is relaxed and interacting with people she likes.  I don't have a problem with people being reserved as long as they are polite, and Erica seems polite to me except for her comfort with racy language.  Eh. She likes to shock. I forgive.

All these people are very attractive.  I see little things that make me think they should cover up more, Eden's cleavage for one, but they all look better than I or most people I see every day.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe I should look into this chlorophyll business--is it like a diffuser kind of situation? I like the idea of plants doing nice things for my indoor air but, except for one tenacious bamboo, I just cannot keeps plants healthy! 

You drink it. 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:30 AM, njbchlover said:

Oh, no....seriously??  I watched Tinsley's show - (and, I'm loathe to admit it, but I read her novel, which was horrible)...I don't think she will be bringing much to the show!  :-(

I watched that dreadful circus of a show - remember the "rich" asshole friends she had?  

On 2/1/2017 at 10:34 AM, islandgal140 said:

I am more fascinated by Kyle's makeup artist. She has a very unique look. Reminds me of a gefling from The Dark Crystal. 

Pretty sure she was trans.  And her lips were atrocious!

On 2/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, ghoulina said:

I agree. I make pies around the holidays, mostly apple. I buy pre-made crusts, because I simply do not have the time to make the actual crusts, nor do I really want to. But I do peel and slice all the apples, and that takes some time right there! I think his pies look delicious and it's a lot more effort than most would do. Good for HH. 

I make pies with premade crust all the time!  Nothing wrong with that.  Except - you can't call him a master pie-maker!  He assembles them well, but he is not making pies.

On 2/1/2017 at 6:13 PM, bravofan27 said:

I thought Harry and Lisa's bbq looked fun. But yes, he is cheap that he cooked everything himself.

How is cooking everything himself "cheap?"  I think it is awesome!  And it's not cheap to buy all of that meat.

On 2/1/2017 at 6:15 PM, HunterHunted said:

In Ronnie's Trash Talk recap, he says the house is almost certainly something that someone was building and then ran out of money. They've hired Mo so that he can sell it in a way that seems like the builder stopped so the buyer can put in their own personal finishes as opposed to what it actually is, which is that owner has no money to finish it.

YES - it appears to be the case.  They ran out of money and it is unfinished.  Of course they will try to spin it into "customize it yourself!"  They are not going to advertise the fact that they ran out of funds.  

On 2/1/2017 at 11:14 PM, breezy424 said:

The party was about Mauricio having a listing and showcasing it.  There were a couple of hundred guests that probably included a huge number of agents and some possible buyers. 

I am sure the party doubled as an open house for buyers and agents.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, Bluedog100 said:

I I tend to like the White Parties better, too. Some of those wigs and costumes really seemed to age the guests. 

Oh, yeah the costumes made the ladies look OLD.  Not sure if it was the wigs or the makeup, but wow, they didn't look good.

15 hours ago, lololol said:

She may be comfortable in looking how she does or showing her cellulite arms, but she REALLY has a high opinion of herself. She's NOT attractive and REALLY looks older than she is. Her "do" is UNFLATTERING, and the low cut dresses showing her wrinkled upper chest area shows her age.

I agree, I don't find her attractive and I think it is because she is still rocking an '80s look.  If she updated her look she may look a little better.  Pink is not a good color for her, I think she looked best in gray (she wore it on Vanderpump Rules).  

• Love 3

While of course I make judgments in a gut-instincts kind of way, somewhere between thinking them and saying/typing them, I acknowledge my own bias, if that makes sense. I'm by no means never mean, haha, but I think it's often all in the word choices--"She NEEDS to hide that shit because, gross, OLD!" is different than "I think Whatever Outfit ages her." There are so many "ism"s in the former. Plus there a weird assumption that the "target" cares about the same superficial things we do (I actually do hate my upper arms, for example, but not strongly enough to hide them for worry that others do too).

However, if there's someone gallivanting about boasting that she's better than everyone in this look or that style, then why not say hell no, lady, and here's why!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, MaggieG said:

I'm being super shallow today, but I can't stand Eden's mouth. The way she purses her lips looks awful. She really is making an awful impression and I hope she is one and done. I don't care for Dorit either but if I had to choose, I'm going for Dorit!

Harry Hamlin can stay with his cooking skills, but his daughters can get off the tv anytime now.

Kyle's impression of Eden's hug was the best thing about the episode!

"Kuddos" to Kyle, she has been very patient with Eden.. whereas, I would have slapped the "taste out of her mouth by now "

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
On 2/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, MaggieG said:

She really is making an awful impression and I hope she is one and done. I don't care for Dorit either but if I had to choose, I'm going for Dorit!

Dorit and Eden feel like evil soap twins played by the same bad actress -- one twin uses a weird accent, the other has different hair, but underneath it all, it's the same lousy actress.

• Love 8

I'm not saying Harry is like a deformed troll or anything, but he's always seemed just average-looking to me.  (Maybe slightly above average for real life, average for Beverly Hills.)  I can never seem to understand why all of the women on the show are swooning over him.  I must be missing something! 

I, too, enjoyed Dorit for a brief, glimmering moment when she was working out with the trainer. 

Erika's acting was actually better than I thought it would be, though to be fair I had zero expectations.

Eden is awful.  I do agree with her that Kim can come across as self-centered but I think that's just because... Kim, generally, is self-centered (and sometimes not very nice).  Like I think not thanking someone for helping her down the stairs is exactly in line with the Kim we have seen since day 1 on this show.  I don't know if she's relapsing or not, but I think to a large extent that's just Kim's personality, whether on the wagon or off.

• Love 11